Reviews of Marlin Apartments Empire Square 4 stars

#731 of 1,490 Holiday rentals in London

Based on 559 apartment reviews

Wrong location for us
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Location was a bit out of the way. This address was not our original booking address & we were disappointed when were relocated last minute.

Clean & tidy. Staff friendly

disappointing
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

As a returning customer I prerequested a high floor but given a room at third looking at walls. I prepaid with a virtual credit card which obviously does not exist physically.There was no warning about virtual cards on the web during payment. I had to pay again upon arrival although I presented the main card which carries the same bank name same number except last 4 digits.Establishment needs financial education about banking and credit cards.

Cracking place to stay
    • Studio Apartment

Had trouble communicating with the frount desk when asking for the phone number of the room

Amazing bed fully equipped kitchen with everything you could imagine love the stay

A very friendly reception
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

I booked these apartments at the last minute after being let down by another apartment. When I mention this at reception they upgraded my room which was a really nice touch after a very frustrating experience elsewhere.

Nice but heating was too high
    • Studio Apartment

It was so hot I couldn’t sleep at all :( I had the window open but people on the balcony were partying all night and the sun shone in. The fan was really loud too so almost no sleep.

Spacious

stayed with 3 friends, good location and really close to Burrough market.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Didn't get the key until 15 mins after check in time dud to room still being cleaned. However reception staff were helpful and swapped rooms about so we could have access.

Spacious and comfortable apartment, small balcony Was an added bonus. Towels are fluffy.

It was emergency accommodation needed and it was not...
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

It was emergency accommodation needed and it was not explained I needed an extra £200 security mint in which I did not have. They had my debit card details so I could not understand the issue. Very embarrassing. Also the room smelt of smoke to such a degree it was sickening.

Poor cleaning arrangements
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Cleaning should be more frequent. Supervisor was rude. I was given dirty towel on arrival and it was never replaced after complaints

Close to main locations

Apartment was ideal for its purposes. Would have preferred not to have the surprises at check in.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

At check in I was handed the T&Cs to sign. Tiny print filling a sheet of A4, expected to read this at 11.30 at night after a long day was a pain. Wasn't expecting to pay additional £200 deposit for damages, I didn't see any warning this was going to happen anywhere along the booking process. It's not even a card swipe in case they need it, they actually take the money from your account and tell you it'll be paid back in 5 days. Again, not the best surprise to deal with after a long day. TV picture quality was poor if you're used to a modern TV.

Nice plainly decorated modern apartment with a comfy bed, good pillows, good shower with plenty of hot water. Spacious, warm, easy reach of Guys Hospital and London Bridge Station.

All good.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Only cleaned on 8th day I was there 7. You could ask for additional cleaning for a cost. Little things that happen with age and wear; carpet needed cleaning, remote for video didn’t work.

Spacious. Very handy for central London. General condition of apartment was very good.

Everyone was bang on, comfy bed, nice kitchen and decent...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Everyone was bang on, comfy bed, nice kitchen and decent shower which is hard to find nowadays. Concierge was helpful and even phoned to ask how the room was. Tube station 2mins round the corner. Would defo stay again

The only thing that let Marlin down was that the carpet in...
    • Studio Apartment

The only thing that let Marlin down was that the carpet in the bedroom (Apartment 64) was simply disgusting. Absolutely filthy / didn't want to walk on... Everything else great and staff friendly and helpful. Great location.

Customer service needs a review.
    • Studio Apartment

The room which we were given, the toilet broke down the next morning, it took the Marlin management more than 4 hours to send a maintenance guy to come see the room and that too unsuccessfully. On pleading with the supervisor we were given another room.

The furniture and how quiet and sound proof it is.
    • Studio Apartment

That I paid for it and I got kick out and I didn’t get my refund back. It really does frustrate me because that money isn’t mine it’s a family’s that have to me to borrow as an extra damaged cost £200

The furniture and how quiet and sound proof it is.

what we expected
    • Studio Apartment

The apartment is outdated( at least they should change the sink tap system, the appliances, the curtains, maybe some paint...). The curtains have old stains and should be replaced. The tableware is minimal ( I didn't find a bowl to eat some cereals with milk).The bed could be bigger. We didn't have The check-out is a little early ( 10:30)

The apartment was exactly what we expected after we read the previous reviews. It was clean, well equipped and the location is excellent. We appreciated the the water in the fridge. We received a very quiet apartment with a view to the inner courtyard. I loved the toiletries.

Lovely trip to London
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

In spite of letting them know about early arrival of my colleagues, they did not let them into the apartment Beds are not the most comfortable

Lovely spacious double room apartment, clean and right in the centre of the city

DREADFUL EXPERIENCE
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

me and my partner paid approx. £300 for two nights and we couldn't have a shower once!!! AWFUL! we arrived on Friday around 9pm and checked in. We both wanted to shower and sleep but the shower water was freezing. We rang reception and they told us to leave the water running for 20 mins - so we did. It became warm enough to cope in a shower so I got in, within 5 mins the water went freezing. I had shampoo in my hair and jumped out, wrapped in a towel, waiting for the staff to sort it! I waited an till 2am and ended up boiling water myself using the kettle to wash my hair and shower!! We was promised compensation, free parking however I paid and additional £15 for parking and received no compensation till this day. The next morning we had 2 members of staff walk into our room whilst we was still in bed!!! We asked them to return in 5 mins so we can dress appropriately. They retuned 30 mins later and told us we cannot use the shower tap but can run the bath. After they left, we tried running the bath AGAIN it was FREEZING! we contacted reception asking for the problem to be solved and to speak to a manager and the staff member said there is no manager working during weekends. (bare in mind we travelled from Manchester to London for the weekend). By evening, another plumber was sent who said the boiler had been fixed and we can now use the shower. AGAIN once I got in the water went freezing and it was a repeat. I ended up washing using kettle water. The whole process was exhausting. We were both delayed to our bookings and had to cancel several of our plans. Till this day we have not received an apology, refund or any form of compensation of the manager. Worst experience and customer service ever!! I WOULD NOT RECOMMEND!

Convenient location with good facilities and spacious rooms at a reasonable price
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Shower needs descaling - jets point every which way as a consequence! Flooring, particularly in master bedroom needs maintenance - panels lifting probably due to flood damage. Looks unsightly and a trip hazard

Excellent location; spacious accommodation; reasonable quantity of crockery and towels; friendly helpful staff

Great place to stay if you're willing to clean the apartment yourself.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Flooding of the bathroom though dries up soon enough with the heaters on. Housekeeping only once a week.

Overall security, amenities in the apartment, quietness, cleanliness of the property.

Never stay again
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The staff The apartment The cleaning The shower The kitchens are a waste of time if they have nothing in it

Only location, however I would never stay there again

The welcome was very poor.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The welcome was very poor. I was asked to pay £250 security fee which I was not aware of before my attendance. I explained this at the front desk and the receptionist was very rude. Rather then trying to help me find a solution or getting another member of staff to help, she told me to go around the corner and call booking.com because she had other guests to attend to. I was extremely embarrassed in front of my colleagues who were helping me to settle in. Another lady stepped in a made an arrangement for me allowing me to check-in. Although the apartment itself was lovely, the initial welcome was so bad, I was not happy staying there and I checked out early.

Had a good time once I obtained the keys and sofa beds were eventually sorted.

The host attitude and level of service and was very poor. Having to check in on the same card (after explaining the former card was no longer in use) even though I provided all necessary documentation to prove who I was and that it all was ok, was a massive pain. The hosts general demeanour was poor and the lax attitude in which I was served was not up to standard. Also, after booking I called and specifiacally asked for a certain amount of sofa beds which I was told would be sorted. On arrival, the host tried to charge me extra for them. Better standard of staff and/or training needed, especially for such a key area of London. Disappointing

Wasnt the best experience.
    • Studio Apartment

I was locked in the toilet because the door wasnt working properly and the kettle didnt work.

The hosts where very friendly when we arrived. But the when we left the hosts were quite blunt

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

There was a horrible smell in the building. Our room also had a distinct smell along with the fridge in the room which was really bad. And the bed was the most uncomfortable thing I've ever slept on

The location was decent not far out from the places we had planned to visit

Pleasant time in London
    • Studio Apartment

frontt desk a bit cinfused, and they don't provide toilet paper, nor washing up liquid. Limited cooking utelsils, but they gave me some more when I asked.

Location, confort, good price

I had to pay for the room again after pre-paying it months...
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

I had to pay for the room again after pre-paying it months in advance, because the card number didn't match, although I did provide iD proving that I was the person that booked the room and paid for it, so I am just waiting to see if I do get the refund that I paid through booking .com This was a bit "Jobs worth"

Not good.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The check in staff were useless and wouldn’t let my sister and her partner check in even though I’d informed them they would arrive before me, and they charged them for the whole room again, yeah we will get the money back but who can spare the best part of £600 at Christmas? The place stank of cigarettes, the sinks smelled like egg, the matress creaked, the curtains wouldn’t close properly so it wouldn’t get dark in the bedroom ,the living room heating was broken so it was freezing in there and we found rubbish under the sofa. Plus the place looked nothing at all like the photos.

The chair in the living room was comfy

Great place to stay, will stay again!!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

If you arrived via public transport no need to worry about this. We drove to the hotel and booked a parking space for the day. However we were not allowed to park until we checked in. There was no where to park temporarily to do this nearby. We was lucky that my partner was able to wait with the car while I checked in and got the car park code. If I had travelled alone the system wouldn’t have worked so improvement here would help boost the experience to a solid 10/10!!

The property was easy to find and well located near to the Tube and he iconic Shard (10 minute walk). The room apartment was clean and well equipped. The view from the room was amazing!

Good value for money
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Reception staff seemed uninterested in helping us , the deposit take 5-10 working days to come back into your account

Spacious apartment with nice views , good value for money too ! Very near the tube station.

Average. Did nothing to recover the appalling mess up for my previous booking with Marlin.
    • Studio Apartment

I could not get any channels on the TV and reception Porter had no idea how to resolve the issue. Since the TV was the only form of entertainment whilst I was there on my own it led to a very dull evening.

It was as expected

Good in general!
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

There was no removable shower head in the bathroom, only a non mixing outlet for the bathtub and a shower head fixed on the wall. Also a smell of fresh paint in the bathroom and a smell of wet leakage in the corridor.

Good space and no wall to wall carpets. The location of the property is OK on Southwark with walking distance to Tate Modern and other places

October 2017
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

My daughter hated the shower and there were a few false black widow spiders. Also had to buy toilet paper.

The location was excellent. Short walk to Burrough Markets and the tube.

Location and ease of two bedrooms
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The fact that we were told there was no apartment for us in the morning and despite being promised a call back to reassure us it was sorted it took a number of calls from me before we were finally reassured we would get the apartment we booked and would have somewhere to stay the night. It really ruined our day and the customer service was appalling!

Location and ease of two bedrooms

No attention to detail
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

For our weekend in London, we have booked in advance an apartment with a two bedroom and a balcony as it was a special occasion of attending an event. We have received an email stating about a prepayment, which we wasn't able to go through with because we wished to make two separate payments however we was not informed that the payment has to be made by the same person through the same card holder. When we phoned up the property in regards to this we was informed that a note would be put in the system that we will be required to make a payment on the 1st of November and that the reservation will be all settled for us when we arrive, on the 1st of November there was no payment taken, when phoned the property the last conclusion was that we will be paying on our arrival. We arrived at our property and shockingly not only it was let out to somebody else but also there was nothing on the system stating to regards our last conversation over the phone about our payment schedule. We was given two separate rooms, with no balcony, no special treatment to make up this inconvenient situation however we was told we could check out at 12pm instead of 10am. As we reached our rooms, although the apartment seemed clean the kitchen was not cleaned, there was hair on the floor in the bathrooms and the iron was dirty which caused my evenings gown to get dirty after using it, thankfully I had time to was it before heading out to the event. The next day 10am we have began receiving phone calls by the staff from downstairs stating we was supposed to check out at 10am which of course once again states that there is no communication between the staff that works in the premises, when we reached downstairs to check out the woman from the night before who witnessed what we have gone through with the previous night on our arrival just sat there silently considering she knew we were checking out at 12pm. That was under no circumstance acceptable!

The only thing that was great was the view out the window and a comfortable bed.

Comfortable, the area was full of life; but far from Oxford St.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

@ We had to wait in the reseption to check in because the two employees went out to smoke. @ The billow were too high @ Cleaning was only once a weake.

The living room in the apartment was very confy

• Studio Apartment

Very difficult to check in. Bed uncomfortable. Still waiting for security deposit to be returned 5 days later despite being told will be returned the following day.

Great place- lovely hosts.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

the communal hallways while clean are in desperate need of a redecoration and carpet replacement

We had a request at 2300 for a blanket for my niece to stayover and they found one with no problem. They were clearly happy to help. Parking overnight in central London for 15 was a steal. As a family it was so much better than staying in separate rooms of a hotel

I felt unwelcome and will not be returning
    • Studio Apartment

The receptionists looked like they didn’t want to be there. They didn’t smile once and were completely unwelcoming. We were basically chased out our room on the day we had to check out.

Great Location, shame about the scenery.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The Concierge are not friendly and welcoming it was very abrupt and cold no please or thank you’s. As a business owner I pride myself and my business on good customer service. When entering the apartment I was hit with a damp mouldy almost stale smell I had to open all the windows to air out the apartment. The paint on the ceiling above the shower was Coming away and falling into the shower cubicle and the shower head was encrusted in limescale. The wooden floor in the bedroom had not been swept and whilst walking around bare foot I had all bits stuck to my feet. I paid £10 extra to have a room with a balcony to be told that this wasn’t on my booking and to take it up with booking.com The apartment is a little dated and needs a little TLC definitely not a 4 star you would probably have more luxury at the holiday inn express. The rooms do not reflect the pictures on the website there is no view or at least there wasn’t in my room. Check out is super early 10:30am.

The Location is brilliant with Borough Tube station just across the road.

Rip off place. Would never go back there. You get nothing here for your money and they are arrogant.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

When we arrived we were told that they have parking spaces for the guests but only for a fee. (wasn't mentioned on booking.com) So we decided to park on the street as it was Sunday (free). Then they said they would block 200 pounds on our card as a damage deposit. NEVER GOT IT BACK and it wasn't blocked!!! it was charged!!! Still no reply from them. The room didn't have a sponge for washing up, no washing up liquid, no board for chopping vegetables or anything, no kitchen towel, very very basic equipment for the kitchen. We only got one toilet paper roll hardly anything on it. The bed was tiny so it wasn't very comfortable for the two of us.

We could heat the rooms easily.

If you normally stay in a 1-2 star and need the space this is a good option. Otherwise dont book it.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Worst ever mattress in a hotel felt like a lumpy £99 mattress - bad back pain the next day No bedding for sofa bed and left waiting 30 mins in the middle of the night (after midnight) in the corridor waiting for a douvet for my son that never arrived - he had to sleep with no bedding as I gave up waiting at 12.30am and no one cam eback to tell me they couldn't find one Bathroom dirty no toilet roll holder

shampoo/shower gel toiletries were a good brand albeit limited quantities for a 2 bed apartment

Bad experience
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Toilets were not clean Bath tops / sinks were blocked Balcony handle was broken Walls were with stains All in all it was a very bad experience I asked for a refund and booked in another hotel I don't recommend it

Beds are large

Great Business Trip Accomodation - Would stay again.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The only issue we had was the lack of roasting tins or trays for us to use in the oven. It would've been nice to cook a good meal but we did go out for food a lot.

The rooms were a great, very spacious and clean. We stayed in a 2 bedroom and we were very happy to find it had an en suite and a bathroom which meant no queuing in the morning. Just outside was a Tesco Express and about 5 minutes walk away was a small Sainsburys. Close enough to the center of London and a good halfway point for us travelling to the Excel arena which took 20-50 minutes depending on traffic.

location: 20 min to London Soho by subway;
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

cleanliness: bedroom floor is a little bit sticky, as well odor full of the room.

location: 20 min to London Soho by subway; almost complete facilities and affordable price.

The room staff need supervision to ensure the rooms are properly maintained
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Bathroom a disgrace;plate size peeling paint on the ceiling; no toilet roll holder in one of the toilets; ironing board non functional; took 3 days for replacement;one tea spoon for a family of 5;2 forks; no rotation dish in micro-wave oven; lack of baking equipment for oven; missing glass cover on one of the wall lights; in summary lack of maintenance!!!

Roominess/Location

• Studio Apartment

Used toilet on checking in. Really hot apartment with no fan or air con provision but most off all rude, unhelpful staff and really poor customer service.

Great location within walking distance for the shard, Tate modern, borough market and London Bridge.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The double beds were a little small, we would have rather had two sets of singles but that's probably our personal choice.

Great appartment with little patio for our personal use. Enough towels for us all and comfortable sofas. Very quiet area with no noise from other guests. The appartment was very hot but there was a fan to help cool it down.

Our stay in Marlin apts. was perfect!
    • Studio Apartment

The only think I didn't like was the fact that the person in the reception who explained to us how to get from there to our room didn't do a good job so we wandered in the premises and had to come back to the reception for better directions.

Otherwise we liked everything. Really. Everything that was connected to the Merlin Apts. They are really good, situated in a safe environment, clean, quiet, comfortable and beautiful.

Convenient location - but couldn't wait to leave in the morning
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Very stuffy room Not as modern as it looks in the pictures corridors were uneven - made me wonder how safe the building was lid to toilet seat was broken

convenient location

Enquire before you try
    • Studio Apartment

The concierge area looked disgusting could do with a clean some new paint thats the first look customers get when the arrive there and the hall ways are disgusting filthy atrocious the tv and sky didnt work the bed was hard the bathroom could do with a better clean found a hair in my bath and toilet its a shame cause the pictures sold me a lie and it had the potential to be so great i really thought from the pictures alone this would be some where i would recommend to others but i wont 24 hour concierge was a joke phoned said he was coming up waited a hour and phoned down and said your taking long so i said its ok and just went to sleep found some where else online cheaper and better for money in fact they should have charge what here did so in all paid £150 for poor apartment be careful the pics lie

Property wernt bad it had its highs and lows space wise and the views its nice that the opener

Modern kitchen, minus the broken microwave.
    • Studio Apartment

The staff weren't very friendly. The microwave broke the first day we got there. The fan also broke. The hot water was broke and wasn't fixed for 2 days. The wifi didn't work so we had to connect to next doors. The doors slam really loud, the window doesn't stay open, the tv is TINY! Also asked if the room would be cleaned for when we came back, we were told it would.. that we'd have clean sheets and towels.. we didn't have neither. Also asked for some toilet roll on the 2nd night, the woman said she didn't have any and was not willing to help us as I asked if I could grab some hand towels from her and she gave me 2. We couldn't go get some as it was midnight so nowhere was open. Also when we reported something broke me and my friend were waiting 30 minutes to an hour for someone to come up, even though we were told they would be up straight away. The bath didn't have a plug either so we couldn't have a bath and when we asked for someone to bring one up they didn't so we had to ring down again.

Modern kitchen, minus the broken microwave. The big window let in a nice light!

Location and general quality of the building.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The kitchen was in need of repair. Doors were loose and needed some attention. Also some batteries missing from a remote control.

Location and general quality of the building.

4.0
    The reception girl is not very polite and can't solve...
    • Studio Apartment

The reception girl is not very polite and can't solve any problem at all, as promised by the head office and there is no action for whatsoever, not very good experence....

Great location and hospitality
    • Studio Apartment

Couldnt open the window so it was like a sauna in there and had to have a fan on all night but apart from that everything else about the apartment was great

Avoid this location
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

-Run down corridor with stained and moldy carpet. -The appartement will clean was also run down but in less degree than the corridor -Quality did not match the price . The price and the description seem to be for a four star quality accommodation however in reality it is more like a two star. - TV did not work and the advertised sky package has to be subscribed to as extra -WiFi did not work - Concierge was very arrogant and unfriendly. (When asking where I could find a good restaurant I got the answer this is London there are a lot of restaurant just go outside !!!) In summery I would not come back to this place

Place was clean

No services at all
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

They Only clean the Appartement once a week. Our bathroom smelled very bad and was not cleaned even we asked. The staff does not even know how to use the bikes in front of the house and their English is somewhat limited. For the price we paid I think it's not worth the money. We got an apartment facing a kind of wall but it was relatively quiet. The bed is only 140 cm for two people

Very good Location , the apparent is ok

Depressing
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

No bedding for my son requested extra bed and bedding didn't get it although I paid for it.

If you get a view of the shard your lucky as that's the only thing that I liked about our stay here

Nice, quiet, comfortable, spacious and a good experience. I would reccommend
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

When I arrived they gave me room without balcony when I had asked for one. They did remedy it straight away though but it was a little inconvenient changing rooms when I had first arrived. The place was a little smelly, I had to buy a candle but it sorted it out. The bed didn't look like the photos so that was a little misleading. The bed just had white sheet on it but in the photos it looked like they had throw pillows and colored blankets but that is really splitting hairs.

was really clean and comfortable. cutlery and kitchen was immaculate. The balcony was spacious and my room was huge

Dissapointing
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

I have been staying in Marlin apartments in Empire square. There have been never the case that I am fully satisfied. The flats which I hated the most are 36 and 57 in West wing. It may be due to the staff's lacking of customer satisfaction knowledge. Most irritating part was that I requested for a fan as it was a very hot day. Didn't get any response for 2 hours. When I checked again they said they are still looking for a fan. Again no response for a long time. Thats where I gave up and called them again just to mention my frustration. They need to learn that sometime things can go wrong but you need to inform the customer with honesty. This is the case with most of my stays. The reason I am staying here is because of my office location and I have even suggested our consultants to explore the option. But with this repetitive behavior, I don't think this is a good idea. Just to let you know we stayed again yesterday and the experience was exactly the same.

Lovely stay, pricey but gorgeous view.
    • Studio Apartment

original room smelt of smoke and didn't have a good view, however we were moved to a much nicer room with a view of the shard.

We arrived around 5pm but with 24 hour concierge they were available, good host who was quick to check us in and provide keys. We were originally placed in a room that was on a lower floor so had no view. The room was not pleasant as smelt of smoke. We asked to move due to this and the host was more than happy to move us and was understanding. Our second room had a great view of the shard and we felt we had a much better value for money stay because of this. I would recommend the room for both a leisure and business stay due to a good location.

Comfortable bed, close to Borough markets
    • Studio Apartment

washing machine jambed for 2 days,left with wet clothes heading to Paris,no a/c ,place is poorly designed and cramped,modern but cheap as things already falling apart.Manager was very helpful at end but a bit late as we got extended checkout in a bid to do our washing etc - explained to them this was big reason getting appt in London as most of next week plus was hotels in EU.

Comfortable bed, close to Borough markets

Just gave your surname and they had your apartment allocated
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The £15 per day charge for Sky TV you can get a full package for £63 per month. The shower could have been better and the carpet in our bedroom could have been cleaner

Just gave your surname and they had your apartment allocated

Overpriced disappointment
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Checking in was a real hassle - had to wait over 25 minutes while the 4 members of staff tried to sort out the family in front of us, who had pre booked parking (They had the reference details) but a space was not reserved for them. When we got to check in it took less than 5 minutes. Apartment could have been fantastic but had a lot of things missing or broken (only 3 mugs and dinner plates in an apartment for 4 / no baking tray / no frying pan / missing shelves in the oven / window in lounge broken / wall light broken / shower in on-suit in need of repair / utility cupboard door broken so would not shut and light would not turn off / curtain hooks missing). We had booked an apartment as we wanted to self cater for some of our break but even though we reported on three separate occasions nothing was done or replace and we ended up having to eat out all the time we were there! Told it would be sorted each time we reported the missing items as the broken things or faults we could manage with but when then followed up told it was busy and they could not just replace missing items, not interested in us at all. Really disappointed as had paid extra to stay at these apartments due to what was on offer but could of stayed in better quality and equipped apartments in central London for less money than this (As I have in the past and other apartments were far superior and the staff are actually interested in the guests).

Great location and size of apartment was really good.

Great value for money!
    • Studio Apartment

Certain things in the studio needed small repairs - the curtains, one kitchen drawer, but overall I was very satisfied with my stay.

Great value for money!

Well worth it,
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Did not have the time to fully appreciate it.

We arrived at 2am; an hour later than planned. Receptionist did not immediately find booking, so showed us to the carpark. It's huge and secured (under the building). We had not booked it but we got a space. When we got back to reception, all the paperwork was done.

Very much below expectations
    • Studio Apartment

Urgently in need of refurbishment. Bathroom very worn. Fridge not defrosted. Window wouldn't close. Curtains hanging from hooks. Oven door fell off. No hairdryer. No air conditioning & very hot day/night. Full payment was charged to credit card months ago.

Weekend break
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Great location, apartment was spacious and very clean but also very hot (no air conditioning). Restaurants and market for food nearby were excellent.

Avoid avoid avoid

Unfriendly staff. Very slow check in. Shower completely broken in one apartment, complained and they did not fix it. Heated towel rails stuck on in ALL apartments when it was 30C outside. Again, nothing was done about this. No fans, no air con, windows that didn't open - disgraceful facilities! Certainly not a 4* apartment block!! Dirty floors. Beds were very uncomfortable. Small, cramped apartments looked nothing like pictures. Ceiling tiles falling off. Peeling walls. Uneven floor. So disappointed. Would never stay here or recommend this to anyone!

Great location. Easy to find

6.0
    nice spacious modern apartments but cleanliness not really up there.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

nasty dirty patch on bedroom floor. This should have been cleaned or covered. Hot water was not on when arrive so had to figure how to do that and wait. Was very tiered. It was really hard to figure out how to use the shower.

nice modern spacious apartment.

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Property runs a scam where they check you in at 3pm and checkout is 10:30 am. They then charhe you 30 pounds for another 1 hr or ratyer till 12 midday. Then another 30 piunds if you wana checkout at 3pm. Staff just cant be bothered.

It was spacious and clean.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

That I didn't have a view when I requested it. When I asked the receptionist she said she didn't know anything about it. I requested via Booking.com and the Marlin apartments own website.

It was spacious and clean.

I think it is very strange that they keep all your driving...

How the keep a 200 deposit for 5-10 ten days after you stop

I think it is very strange that they keep all your driving licence details on file that breaks data protection

A lot of missing items if it's secured will make the...
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

A lot of missing items if it's secured will make the property excellent such: - stand for shampoo and soap as well as handle floor mate into shower area - safe box - two slipper - Kleenex - changing z towels regular Many thanks Dr Idris , lawyer

• Reviewed: 19 May 2017

Nice place. Nice modern room but Needed some maintenance ,view poor but not the worst
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Window in the living room was out of order so we could not open this for fresh air. The view was of a courtyard to another building. Nothing like as pictured, Carpets in the hall were stained and smelled if damp.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Didn't get the apartment I paid for. Booked before Christmas last year and got a phone call the day before my stay to say my apartment wasn't available. Check in/out times are a bit of a disgrace. We were allowed to check in early because of the problem with the room so didn't think check out would be a problem either but instead the phone in the room rang at 10:30am to say if we didn't leave within 30 mins we would get charged extra.

Browse Marlin Apartments Empire Square traveller photo gallery