Reviews of Marlin Apartments Limehouse 4 stars

577 Commercial Road, Limehouse, Tower Hamlets, London, E1 0HJ, United Kingdom

#328 of 1,490 Holiday rentals in London

Based on 274 apartment reviews

Bullllllcrapp!! Don’t come here guys!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

I hated being in that place, the staff are sooo horrible and RUDE. never will I recommend this place. HR or management need to look through and question if these staff members are respectful enough to even be here. Also they had no lock for the main door, anyone could’ve walked into my room.. after a certain time the receptionist would disappear and we cannot get into the building.

The apartment kitchen, tv, bedroom, bathroom, laundry and...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The street was a main road. Opposite Troxy a theatre. The side st was a race track and party every night and some unfavourable goings on which was below our room and visual all day long. Apartment hot constantly and could not cool room during the night as to much happenings in the st. Also elderly people need to be mindful it is a big bath to get in and out of.

The apartment kitchen, tv, bedroom, bathroom, laundry and proximity to train, bus, and sainsbury. I would not recommend if you want a peaceful sleep as we didn’t get any.

Lost property
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

I had left my Chromecast in the room when I checked out and when I called reception the next day to inform them they told me that they would keep it in an envelope behind the reception full stop when I came to collect my Chromecast I was informed by the person of Duty that there was no such thing behind reception and offered me no actual resolution on how to get my property back

Staff were very friendly, Room was fab, everything you need...
    • Studio Apartment

One small thing, Check in seemed to take ages nobody told me to take ID with me. Luckily I had a copy of my driving licence on my phone other than that no complaints at all

Staff were very friendly, Room was fab, everything you need in the room.

-Location
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

-rubbish outside in courtyard -the apartment was very hot to sleep in -noise from other apartments having a party during the night, had to phone and complain, it was not a good nights sleep

-Location -green tea provided -the bed and pillows were very comfortable -nice apartment

The studio apartment is well equipped.
    • Studio Apartment

There was no washing liquid so we had to put the dishes in the dish washer every time which is annoying.

The studio apartment is well equipped. The size is good enough for 2 people and it's 4 minute-walk to Limehouse station.

romantic and comfy
    • Studio Apartment

the place was dusty and dirty I found someone toe/hand nail on the floor , when we lifted the bed to make it a sofa it was disgusting had to call the receptionist to come and clean it small

the receptionist was very friendly and helpful

My stay was peaceful and stress free. Would be coming back soon.
    • Studio Apartment

I think if they get house keeping clear every morning that would be great . Regardless if the person wants or not just have house keeping go ask if rooms should be cleaned.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

I was warned about booking marlin my friends told not to as they run a scam they take your deposit with no warning for no little things I am pissed off this is not on they charge too much for rooms and then steal your deposit I will never book again.

Convenient
    • Studio Apartment

The location was conveniently located, but the boarded up properties nearby on the route to the station concerned me a bit. The check in is too late and check out too early. Didn't like the fact that the rooms were ready but people were sleeping in the lobby because the had to pay extra to access them an hour or two early. Heartless.

The hosts were friendly and helpful

terrible from start to finish
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

despite having booking confirmation, when we arrived they said there was no room, eventually put us in the 'Penthouse' which was dirty, and not fit for what we had booked and paid for

The staff provided

No air conditioning

Lovely and clean everything provided for, shower powerful and bathroom was clean, bed was comfortable ! Staff where brillant Yucira was extremely helpful..

I booked 5 apartments as overnight accommodation for a hen...

I booked 5 apartments as overnight accommodation for a hen party. Everyone in the group were impressed with the apartments. We thought they were clean, spacious and well maintained. Highly recommend the little cafe on the corner for breakfast in the morning.

Quiet and clean
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The bedding provided for the baby cot was just normal bedding folded up. This is actually very dangerous for babies.

It was very quiet, large and clean.

Practical location near the DLR. Good size and comfort. Good facilities in room.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

No heating on in room when I arrived. Took until I was cold next morning to realise that the small room heater had to be turned on manually and would now take a while to heat the room up. The bathroom heater wasn't on at all the first day and the controls didn't respond. It came on mysteriously the next day. Perhaps it was off, then on a timer. So the room was cold.

Practical location near the DLR. Good size and comfort apart from heating absence first day. Good facilities in room.

Service and property really was impressive for the price paid. Very comfortable stay.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

There wasn't anything I didn't like but the two things that could make the stay even better. The first would be to provide a few more kitchen essentials like washing up liquid, condiment sachets and oil etc. The second would be to have enough sofas/chairs to seat everyone comfortably; the 3 seater sofa was comfy but not big enough for all 4 guests.

The property exceeded my expectations by every way possible! It was very clean, towells were provided, extremely spacious, there was a lift, en suite in one of the rooms, wardrobes in each bedroom and a huge balcony over looking Troxy. A mobile phone is provided for your use for the duration of your stay and water and milk are provided for your essential refreshments. The customer service was on point! Chris (check in staff on 27/01/18) couldn't have been more helpful! He called the day before to check of we needed any help with directions. This place was very good value for money and Marlin will now be my first point of call when booking London accomodaion. There is also off street parking right next door over the weekend.

Enjoyed my stay at marlin apartments.
    • Studio Apartment

The checkout being 10am, way to early and also for late checkout it’s an extra £30 just to stay till 12pm should be extended to 2pm instead

The bed was so comfortable, had a real good night sleep

Good apartment - but check-in prep-payment hassles spoil it
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Taking a prep-payment of £200 for one night's stay is excessive. And it has yet to be cancelled - it's now the day after we left the apartment. They also wanted photo ID - which I don't usually carry. They claimed someone has phoned me about this - but they hadn't.

Good size apartment close to Limehouse DLR (viz Metro)- clean, good kitchen, good wifi and TV

Pleasant comfortable stay overall.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

On entry to the flat there was a very strong smell of spicy food.

Nice big well equipped kitchen, clean comfy beds and bathroom. Overall the flat was very clean and nice.

The washing machine/ tumble dryer was very helpful and...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

In the bathroom toilet seat was blocked some how and the water would overflow the toilet and wet the whole floor. Water from the toilet filled the bath tub along with waste. However, the resectionist Yucira was very helpful and helped us solve the problem.

The washing machine/ tumble dryer was very helpful and time eficiente. The sofa bed was also useful for when my partner and I were watching movies.

Generally a very pleasing stay and convenient for transport.
    • Studio Apartment

Electrical appliances and faculties not being checked. Kettle plug not working needed to be moved. Wifi not connected to router, Sky SCART plug faulty, light in bathroom not working. Most could be corrected by me but others would complain.

Absolutely cannot fault this place, stay here and you won't regret it!
    • Studio Apartment

Everything. Really spacious and clean apartment. Extremely friendly and professional staff at reception. Miles better than any equivalent hotel room

didnt stay much at the appartment. a rather positive accomodation facility.
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

that the check out was set at 10.30 and the property asks for extra 30 pounds for late check out (at 12.00)

We liked that the rooms ware comfortable and spacious and the fact that our apartment had two bathrooms.

Ideal for a long-weekend stay.
    • Studio Apartment

Hair dryer would have been useful.

Comfortable, clean and well equipped. Tea and coffee supplies were a bonus. Minor problems were sorted very rapidly.

Great but could be better.
    • Studio Apartment

check out time is too early couldn't really have a good night sleep. And extending checkout time is expensive.

Very clean . Location and facilities are great.

Nice apartment , rough area
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The area wasn't very nice at all, we had booked a different location but you moved us to here and it wasn't as nice an area as we had hoped

We were upgraded to a bigger room

Love marlin apartments
    • Studio Apartment

The fact that my dates was mixed up by bookings.com. My partner and I waited 4 hours before we got a room and our annerversy was ruined

The staff very helpful

Close from public transport and many facilities around.
    • Studio Apartment

People working there are not always friendly. Supplies (shampoo, coffee, etc.) could be more generous.

Close from public transport and many facilities around. Well furnished.

Marlin Apartments
    • Studio Apartment

the building frontage and signage.

The room itself was well appointed and very clean. The surrounding area was run down and the apartments were quite difficult to identify from across the street.

Value for money with decent quality
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Bed mattress is too worn out that would make you feel sinking

Spacious, good WIFI, equipment readiness is overall fine, you can't beat the price in an location relatively close to central London

A good stay if you can't get a hotel
    • Studio Apartment

I was a bit surprised to be told I'd need to leave a deposit of £200 on my arrival. Plus there was half a condom wrapper next to my bed, not mine!

The apartment was very good, and easy to access.

Enjoyable and comfortable stay
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The managing staff could proactively check for any issues or problems faced in the apartment by guests than waiting for them to raise a concern

Very helpful members of the staff. Accommodative and amiable....

Not great
    • Studio Apartment

The area was terrible. Opposite a night club, run down shops and empty buildings. We were not aware there was a deposit of £200 to be paid on arrival even after we had paid for the night stay in full. They would not take cash and we had to have cash transferred over as staff were fully prepared to see us leave with no where to stay!

Spacious.

Excellent location and value
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

We had a ground floor flat which meant the windows wouldnt open fully (for safety reasons) it just meant in the may heatweave it was a bit stuffy.

Fantastic location, clean, friendly staff who were very accomodating.

• Reviewed: 7 May 2017

Didn't realise I had to give a deposit before I could...
    • Studio Apartment

Didn't realise I had to give a deposit before I could get the keys. You took every penny I had out of my account,left me overdrawn,with nothing to spend on my night out. I think they should tell you this before you book not afterwards in your confirmation.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

I was there for 5 nights and was told that I am not entitled...
    • Studio Apartment

I was there for 5 nights and was told that I am not entitled to fresh towels or bed linen unless I'm there for 7 days. I was told I would have to pay for them. Now the price of this apartment was so expensive I couldn't believe I could not get a fresh pair of towels at least once in five days.

• Reviewed: 4 May 2017

Was slightly disappointed with the room
    • Studio Apartment

As we booked for two adults and one child, their was no extra bed or bedding. The mattress was stained and the milk provided had gone off.

Bed was compfy. Kitchen was decent and well equipped. Fairly clean.

Fantastic stay, great facilities and fab value! Will definitely be back!
    • Studio Apartment

The apartment was brilliant, great facilities, fab kitchen, fridge, microwave, dishwasher, washing machine and Sky TV. Also as I was away with work it was nice not to be in a poky hotel room this had a nice sofa and felt like a home away from home.

Everything was great except.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The double bed was made up of two single beds with two single mattresses. This would have been very disappointing if we'd paid full price - as we had a great price we didn't complain but it was quite unexpected - not all couples sleep on separate sides on the bed!

Everything was great except...

Best apartment!
    • Studio Apartment

The price :) To be fair, it worth every penny.

There is a supermarket opposite and it is close to the DLR station. The room is very clean and tidy. Staffs are polite and professional.

Top marks, will be staying again
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

A tv in the bedroom and a few more cleaning equipment i.e. Scrubbing brush and washing up liquid

I liked that it was easy to get to but not too far from any of the places we wanted to go and that we could relax more with it being an apartment

Comfortable. Bad host.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

1) Didn't like the time of check in - it was extremely late and inconvenient. 2) I left an item in the apartment and I called the reception, twice. And yet they still haven't responded. In the first attempt, they said they need to contact the maid as they have no idea as to where the lost property is. Then the next morning I called again, the maid wasn't at the apartment to clean- I am still waiting for them to answer back however I haven't got long left until I leave London therefore I might not be able to pick up something important that I have left at the apartment.

I liked the apartment itself

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

Decent pick
    • Studio Apartment

Uncomfortable matress and pillows. Creaky floor, needs some fixing. Quite noisy neighbourhood. No instant coffee

Good size apartment rooms. Easy access to DLR.

The staff at this location is great.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The corridors leading to the flat were a bit dirty, could do with more regular cleaning.

The staff at this location is great. Very friendly and helpful. I've stayed at Marlin Apartments Queen Street and Tower Bridge where the staff was dismissive and rude at times.

• Reviewed: 29 March 2017

Good deal for a great apartment
    • Studio Apartment

Unfortunately the wifi was slow but you can upgrade for a price.

Nice staff and good location, close to DLR and buses to city centre and with a Sainsbury's next door. Pro tip: Try Sylvia's Corner for brunch (located at the ground level of the building). One minor suggestion to make the service even better would be to take time with the customer to explain the different facilities available in the room/building (e.g. there is a free to use Android phone provided by a 3rd party company which gives you some internet access and international calls, but we discovered this in the last day of our stay).

• Reviewed: 21 March 2017

A home from home
    • Studio Apartment

It would be nice to have more things for cleaning (a bucket, dish washing brush, extra tea towel, washing up liquid) and additional oven dishes.

The apartment is spacious and clean. It's great to have your own 'home', rather than a hotel room. Very comfortable place to stay.

Decent value for money, but needs some work
    • Studio Apartment

The room was very dusty. The back on the remote controls were missing their holder. The TV was lower than the bed, so I could not see the TV when in bed. There was hair in the bath that was not mine.

Staff were lovely - very helpful.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Working through the night I booked and paid for latecheck...
    • Studio Apartment

Working through the night I booked and paid for latecheck out so I could get long enough sleep.This wasnt conveyed to the cleaner who came into the apartment and put all the lights on waking me up the left. This was 12.30

• Reviewed: 8 March 2017

Good Location and spacious apartment
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The check in took longer than felt necessary and the pre-authorisation of £200 was steep.

The room was spacious and a good range of kitchen equipment was supplied

Great big apartment. A home away from home!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

I didn't ask reception, but I could have done with an iron and some washing up liquid, as it is self catering but I couldn't do the dishes.

Much bigger than I thought it would be. Very friendly staff. Brilliant FREE handheld city guide mobile device. Great shower and nice big comfy bed. Lovely L'octane toiletries.

• Reviewed: 19 February 2017

Nice Place
    • Studio Apartment

Wifi pw was printed incorrectly on the keyring. Bath plug was stuck so took an age for the water to go down. £30+ for a late check out Additional £200 fee to be paid on arrival even though I'd paid in full.

Bed was firm Sky satellite in the room! Very spacious room Kitchen included all that was necessary Local shops nearby Easy to find/get to via tube

• Reviewed: 4 February 2017

Short stay at Marlin Apartments Limehouse
    • Studio Apartment

Bed linen had a few stains and noticed a couple of hairs. I had to ask reception staff for new linen. Bathroom was not particularly clean although modern. Bedroom rug looked old and quite dirty.

The heaters heated up the room quite well and room was quite spacious considering that it was a studio apartment. The room was also quite stylish. If cleanliness was up to scratch it would have been a perfect stay.

• Reviewed: 2 February 2017

Spacious and clean studio apartment
    • Studio Apartment

Have a hairdryer in the room to save having to ask for it from reception. Black out blinds or curtains would help block street light and noise. Softer / heavier quilt or possibly an extra blanket.

Spacious and clean studio apartment suitable for short and long stays. Very close to supermarkets and rail links.

• Reviewed: 24 January 2017

Horrible never again. Rip off
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

Everything the apartment was dirty the furniture is very dirty you are paying so much money for a dirty apartment on top of that the 500 replay is crazy the apartments are not high maintenance to be charged so much. It is very over rated. My hot water did not work. It was not a comfortable stay I would never recommend it.

Uber eat and deliveroo where good. And the free wifi

poor stay
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The price was expensive, the carpet was dirty was stains same as the foot peddle stall. The room was very hot and there was a fan in the room which was broken. As well as earlier before booking in I rang head office to confirm everything is fine and the lady I spoke to was very rude

The apartment was lovely felt very homely and comfortable.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2016

Fantastic option close to public transport
    • Studio Apartment

Would have liked a second bed and maybe a drying rack but that's being picky.

Love that there is a washer, but also that the place is really nice overall. It's a steal for the price.

• Reviewed: 20 November 2016

Specious, but location and smell lets it down
    • Studio Apartment

This is not a major location for sightseeing. Limehouse DLR station is not a major station for sightseeing things like Westminster, Buckingham Pallace, etc. You need to change for Jubilee line for good connection with major sightseeing landmarks. DLR has good connections with Canary Wharf and City of London, so this is a business location. The smell in the appartment was pretty bad, it smelt like someone has just had an Indian meal cooked few hours before my arrival.

It was nice and clean. The bed was comfortable. I liked complimentary bottles of water.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2016

Lovely apartment
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Being on the ground floor as we are on a main road which made us feel as if we had to have the curtains closed at all times of the day

How spacious the apartment was

• Reviewed: 29 September 2016

Staff attitude, deposit (still not refunded), TV/Sky didn't work

If it wasn't for the poor customer service and facilities in the room not working this has the possibility to be somewhere amazing for the price and location...

• Reviewed: 28 September 2016

Very good place for good price and well located
    • Studio Apartment

The appartment was noisy (my windows were on the street side but I think it could be improved). It was a little bit too hot in the appartment for me (the heating system was off though)

The appartment was clean, big (so the bathroom), near the Limehouse station (about 200 meters). The fridge and cooking systems were good. The bed was very confortable. There is like a 7/11 just accross the street. It is a very good choice not expensive and near downtown London for travelers

very supportive staff

lack of house keeping

very supportive staff

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

It was a perfect experience, home away from home. Was there @ 2017 summer, stayed again dis year.

D location is perfect, 2 mins walk to d train station

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Overall its good

Staff Quite

That's it's exactly what I need small and cosy.

Nothing I enjoyed my stay

That's it's exactly what I need small and cosy. I always use marlin apartments

Okay place..
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

It was hot and I practically had to beg for fan.. The cleaning lady would make a lot of noise on the phone..

Lovely quiet apartment surrounded by key amenities and transport links great value
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

High access to bath to get to shower in main bedroom

Independence and space

Was a good experience plus I haven’t got my deposit back a week later
    • Studio Apartment

The room was tooooo hot. Windows didn’t open for ventilation. Floor was dirty, hadn’t been cleaned. Dirty towel left in bathroom.

The concierge Chris was awesome and accommodating will to...
    • Studio Apartment

The concierge Chris was awesome and accommodating will to see to our every need.

Cheaters

Wifi not working.
    • Studio Apartment

Wifi not working. Television without channels. Dirty towels. Lack of cleaning products for dishes. Overpriced.

Spacious, clean, well equipped kitchen area.

£200 damages deposit is too much

Spacious, clean, well equipped kitchen area.

Very clean, comfort apartment

Very clean, comfort apartment

My stay always exceeds my expectations!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Chris at reception was amazking as always!

clean and large
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

A window was unlocked with no key to lock it.

clean and large

Very helpful staff and nice clean apartment
    • Two-Bedroom Apartment

The bed itself was fine but did not find the pillows very comfortable

Very helpful staff and nice clean apartment