Reviews of Marlin Apartments Stratford 4 stars

Olympic View,2 Millstone Close, Windmill Lane, Newham, London, E15 1PE, United Kingdom

#683 of 1,490 Holiday rentals in London

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

The toilet in the bathrooms did not flush the first time around, We had to wait for it to fill up and flush a good few times before it all went through.

The location was ideal, the layout was lovely and there was enough room for us. Would definitely book again but if we were staying in we would have to get the toilet checked out but because we were out we didn't need to this time around. The rooms were clean and everything was accessible.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The room was not clean.sprcially bathroom mirror was dirty,there were no toilet paper,windows glasses and stained and looks very very dirty.alarming part is side table of bed including the lamp dumped with dust.

Front desk staff Ana Maria was excellent and did her best for service and management.i appreciate her .

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The room was larger than expected then we were given AND shown a choice of rooms which is very unusual! In particular a young lady called Alisha checked us in and was extremely helpful and made sure we were happy with our choice of room. She went above and beyond usual customer service standards... thank you Alisha :) We even had a private garden which was even better!

• One-Bedroom Apartment

I liked my whole experience. Nothing to dislike

The receptionist was so lovely so attentive Alisha went out of her way to accommodate us . We didn’t like are room so she moved us and we paid the difference so we could have a penthouse and she showed us the different penthouses that will tailor to our needs. Having Alisha on the front desk made me feel at home and so welcomed.

• Studio Apartment

Sky box didn't work in room no info on how to work it, didn't explain £20 car park fee

Room was nice and had plenty of space good value for money

• Studio Apartment

The apartment was in overall satisfactory condition, there were items missing from cupboards for example just one wine glass, 3 mugs etc, the dishwasher did not work, and we were unable to connect to the wifi. Also a £200 damage deposit is required on check in at the property.

Within walking distance of WE Olympic Park

• Studio Apartment

It took me almost 45 minutes to check in. Due to some admin error however when it was resolved the assistant took forever to hand th keys over and take payment as she was too busy chatting away to the security

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Not value for money. Room was smaller than expected. Noisy neighbours and trains kept my 1 year old daughter awake. Be careful with the price as small print says everything is an extra from £20 for a night parking to £48 for a sofa bed (regardless of which room you book) as we booked a 1 bedroom apartment believing the sofa bed would then be included but wasn’t and they advised it costs £48 to call someone out to sort out the sofa bed. When the person came out they literally opened out the sofa bed and put a sheet over it which took 2 minutes and left. This left no space in the living room area for anything else. This took the total price to £190. I could have got a 5 star hotel in Canary Wharf which included all of this for less than £150 which would have been much better value for money.

Easy to get to train station. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The room wasn’t very clean. The sofa bed was slightly broken and it was filthy and there were no sheets, pillows, or blanket for the bed. The staff had to come open the bed and did bring sheets and pillows, but said there was no blanket anywhere in the building for us to use. Several of the lights did not work, and there was a horrible smell from the refrigerator.

The location was excellent, less than a 10 min walk to Stratford tube station.

• Studio Apartment

The apartment was very hot, luckily there was a fan in the cupboard, but without it it would have unbearable. You couldn't open the windows as it was next to the train track and very noisy.

It was super spacious, with great kitchen facilities and it was very clean. The bed was very comfortable and it was exactly what we needed for a one-night stay.

• Studio Apartment

On check in all the paperwork felt like some sort of interrogation and staff spoke super quick and were a bit distracted so was hard to fully understand.

It was nice and cosy, not too big but not to small! Good location and wasn't noisy at all!

• 2-Bedroom Penthouse Apartment

Creaky floor, dishwasher broken.

Very helpful staff, comfy beds, free wi-fi, good views from balcony, two bathrooms, roomy, well laid out. Felt like a home not accommodation.

• Studio Apartment

We have travelled to 70+ countries, and have stayed in over three hundred hotels, apartments and villas. The description states that Marlin Apartments (Stratford) is a "4-star" hotel - the following outlines why it is not: 1. The property is not easy to find, especially in the dark. We got in through the car park. 2. The property feels quite isolated - no convenience store nearby, which is relatively important, if you've booked a self-catering apartment. 3. The welcome was a little cold. We were also asked to sign the terms and conditions of rental - a full-page document in what appeared to be in 5-point font. 4. We asked specifically if there were coffee-making facilities in the room; we were told, "there's a cafetiere in the room." There was not. 5. Our room smelt like an ashtray. It was far too cold to open the windows, let alone keep them open. 6. Our room did not have Wi-fi - we had to use the signal and password of the room next door. 7. The "power shower" was weak, but critically, the water temperature was erratic: In the evening, it was either too warm or scalding (it was impossible to adjust it to the right temperature.) In the morning, it never got hot at all. This is important on cold mornings. 8. We used the room phone to connect to reception and spoke to someone. After 45 minutes, we hadn't received any follow up. So we called again asking what the problem was, and was told that the number was for Marlin Apartments Limehouse! We were told, "we've only had this system if for a few months". A few months? This is a fundamental teething problem that should have been resolved within days. 9. We asked for some coffee, which was brought up to the room, and handed over grudgingly. 10. The farewell was positive, cheerful and emphatic! But sadly, this did not correlate with the stay itself.

Practical layout

• One-Bedroom Apartment

When I arrived at the property I asked if the sofa bed was made ready or if we had to do it ourselves and I was informed that because there was only two of us that we would have to pay an extra £48.50 per night for the use of the sofa bed, this is not acceptable as the sofa bed was included in the advertisement on your website. I was later informed that if I had said that there were 3+ people in the room we would have had the sofa bed included in the price. As a result of this we resorted to taking it in turns to sleep on the sofa as it was. Also the sky tv box in the room did not work but fortunately we did not require it as we did not spend much time to watch it.

It was clean and comfortable and in the centre of where we needed to be.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The staff weren’t very cooperative and the phone in room was not working . Also I was not told about the 200 pound bound before check in.

I liked that it had a car park and was not far from the centre

• 2-Bedroom Penthouse Apartment

When we arrived then dropped it on us that we had to pay £200 deposit!! Would of been a good idea if this was explained before booking as a heads up!! Very limited parking

The Apartment Was Nice, Clean, Bright & Very Comfy. Had everything you would need in a self contained apartment 👌👌👌

• Studio Apartment

Ground floor right by the entrance and quite noisy throughout the night. Water never got hot enough and I couldn't work the TV (that was probably my fault!)

Location suited where I was working

Was told by staff that they wanted a credit card for a deposit of £500 which I wouldn’t get back for 10 days I asked if I could pay cash so I could get it back straight away was told no asked if I could pay debit card they said no then lied to booking when they called and said they would have took debit card left me with a 3 and a 7 year old wouldnt cancel reservation and left me with no where to stay total disgrace rude unhelpful insolent devious

Nothing wouldn’t stay there Totally difficult purposely awkward untruthful and unhelpful

• Studio Apartment

The mattress is not the best and there was some noise from the train station.

My own kitchen. The TV sitting area. The bath was awesome filled up with hot water in a few minutes. The amount of space. I would definitely stay here again.

Location. About a 15 minute walk to the underground, and the surrounding 1-2 blocks not a nice area, kind of run-down and no good restaurants/pubs. So you need to either walk through a shabby neighborhood or take expensive taxis to the nearest restaurants/pubs.

Nice staff and clean, spacious, comfortable apartments.

• Studio Apartment

Couldn’t find way in even at 18:30? Gates were locked and tailgated someone... In lower floor room right next to railway.. that said, good pair of earplugs in bag only got woken a few times.

Lovely little apartment, with kitchen facilities etc- really sweet. May have cooked if I’d realised! Such amazing value. Lovely apartment.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

taxi was 25 mins late when desk called on Sunday morning and then taxi overcharged us , for a 2 minute journey to a nearby location taxi charged me 10 pounds, I think reception should reconsider their taxi company,we spoke to locals who said that was extortionate

the guy at the desk gave us extra bedding for an extra child that we had not booked in at the time with no extra charge

• One-Bedroom Apartment

There was a sky box in the room but was only any good for freeview as it had been cut off. Also no HDMI wire to even connect it to the tv and had to go with a staff member into another room and get a replacment myself as he didnt know what was wrong.

£105 for a london apartment for the night was a fair price and even had a tiny garden.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Very average stay and not worth the price nor deposit system. The security did not make you feel like you were staying in a nice apartment. I felt restricted and constrained. The check out time was 10 30 am and I requested a later checkout through booking.com and heard nothing back.

Appreciate the apartment had everything it said it would.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Room wad within 20 metres of the trainlines. Dryer lights in some rooms not working. Hair dryer missing. TV stations had no connection do no TV.

Location to London Olympic Stadium

• One-Bedroom Apartment

- condition of the hotel; marks on wall, holes in walls, holes in the kitchen unit, dirt on the carpet, bed sheets smelt unwashed with marks, ironing board appears to have blood on it, and key given to property was damaged. - once arrived we were not greeted, just were asked to give name, then were asked to submit a 200 pound deposit which was not stated by booking.com beforehand. - customer service was awful, hall ways smelt strongly of food, which travelled throughout elevator into the rooms. - let the apartment within minutes of arriving, awful.

There was nothing to like about this “apartment”.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

The member of staff was polite when we first arrived, we bought the parking permit and explained we would be back to check in later as we had a competition to get to but when we got back late and tired the night porter took for ever checking us in and wouldn’t believe me when I told him repeatedly I did have a parking permit and had to go back out to my car just to prove it. I drove my daughter around to watch the London fireworks from the safety of our car and wasn’t able to get back to the apartment block because there were there was so many police blocking the road having been called to the apartment block due to a large gang of people trying to have a New Year’s Eve party in an empty apartment. Having to walk through all the broken glass after the police had gone. To be fair the night staff did well to handle it all so credit to them but I wouldn’t recommend a lone female staying here based on my experience The apartment was called Olympic View and as our daughter was in a competition in the Olympic Park we thought it would be a good choice but no I wouldn’t say it was near the Olympic Park and it wasn’t in a very nice area so much so that we got a taxi back as we didn’t feel safe waking back. I have attached views from both windows in the fromt room not was I wa expecting for Olympic View.

• 2-Bedroom Penthouse Apartment

Could not use ensuite bathroom,shower door was broken and was not repaired for our entire stay.Customer service by Riaz was absolutely disgusting,not helpful at all.The rest of the staff were very helpful especially Mohammed.

Very close to Westfield Mall and Stratford station

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Disappointed by the service and when we checked in we shortly found out that the toilets were not working in apartment. When we informed the front of house, was met with a abrupt and dismissive attitude who told us that nothing they could do to fix it or move us. We did not pay that much money to not be able to use the toilet and the TV did not work in room either. Extremely disappointing as this was a birthday trip in London and not at all like other Marlin apartments I have stayed at.

• Studio Apartment

Nothing which was of major concern. Only checked into a room which was not cleaned, but that was dealt with swiftly

We were checked into a room which was not cleaned. I went back to reception and the person behind the desk quickly organised another room. Close to stratford Apartments are cosy They called the night before to inform us of the preauthorisation of £200 and to bring a form of ID for check in. Appreciated the call

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The sofa bed is not comfotable when used as a bed and it was broken. The dish washing machine was not working properly.

Very comfortable bed. Quiet room (not close to railway - important to ask for a quiet room), good kitchen very well equiped with essential utilities: microwave, oven, stove, washing machine, french coffee device, toaster, etc... Close to metro, supermarkets and shopping (westfield).

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

The cleanliness of around the bath/shower in the main bedroom and the ensuite.

The location of the apartment was very good as was the bed, the kitchen and the staff.

• Studio Apartment

The room clearly hadn't been cleaned for a while. The surfaces were covered in dust and there was a decidedly damp, musty smell in the bathroom. Initially we thought that somebody had been smoking cigars in the lounge but that was the smell in the room as we left the patio door open for a long time and the smell still didn't go. We slept with all windows open due to the smell. The lock on the door didn't work so we had to just use the chain which was insufficient so we pushed a door against it too. There was only tepid water in the shower next morning, even though we let it run for a long time. As somebody who likes a hot shower, this was completely unacceptable. No anti slip mat in the bath either which made getting in and out really tricky . The t.v. was really small and we couldn't get the picture - which was even smaller to fill the whole screen as we only had a SKY remote control not the t.v one . The picture was ridiculously small. The young lady on the check in was really good, but the man who checked us in , truly hopeless . She had to correct him on everything, including the charge of £200 deposit not £500. All in all, not a good experience and not even close to value for money

The proximity to the Olympic Stadium, where we were going to a sporting event and to Westfield Shopping Centre. Both within easy walking distance

I didn’t like the fact I was charged additional £60 just for deep clean they said it’s very unfair and sad after paying for my stay I was still charged again for common clean. I would be glad if I get my refund

• Studio Apartment

They let me check in get to my room to then find out theres no hot water at all was rude, an then wen you call the people at reception giving attitude

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The parking is 20 GBP per day if your staying 10 days it becomes too much, they should consider discounting long term patrons. I was told every 7 days they would service the room, not sure if that is true.

During my stay the wifi stop, but due to the best staff every they assisted me with finding a solution. The best thing about my stay is the staff, because of their friendliness I would return because a kind face and pleasant speaking person means a lot to a foreigner in a strange land. 10 stare for Mohamed and Rafrik

• Studio Apartment

Unwelcoming and unhelpful staff who definately didn't want my daughter and I to stay there. Weren't interested in trying to find a solution to the fact that I hadn't got a passport or driving license to prove my identiy and refused to let us stay. Also wouldn't refund any money as I had booked through Booking.com. It was in the small print but I missed it, so a very costly mistake that ruined my daughters 17th birthday.

I didn't like anything about this place.

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Wasn't comfortable with the way a particular supervising staff spoke/treated me even when it was his/ organization fault ( payment confirmation issues). Really Very bad.

Management was good

• One-Bedroom Apartment

I was upset because it was not indicated in the site or booking that there is a train line passing along the hotel. As it was a little bit hot, we needed to open the window which was very tough due to train noise each minute. Very hard to sleep or to be quiet. The good News is that the hotel changed my room to the opposite side 2 days after my arrival (it depended on room availability).

Despite being 30-40 minutes far from dowtown, the positive point is to be not so far from subway station (transportation to different places in London and Westfield (supermarkets, restaurants, other options). The room is very well isolated and guarantee the privacy. Good installation in general to cook in situ. It was availabe a mobile phone type for guests in each room.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Maybe a little welcome pack eg bottle of wine/fruit - would have been a nice treat

Great apartment, very comfortable and easy access to central Stratford and the Olympic Park

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Sky box didn't have a lot of channels available but brought a laptop luckily.

Staff were professional, very easy process to Check in. Room was clean, Kitchen had every equipment prepared. (To prepare breakfast etc.) Close to Westfield Stratford. Me n My partner enjoy the apartment.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

I was kept waiting for about 20 minutes at check in while they tried to figure out why there was already someone in my room. Finally given a room with damp in the bathroom and no air conditioning on a warm summer night. No fan and you could hardly converse over the sound of trains hurtling by the window. Woke up in the morning dripping with sweat. Not Pleasant

• One-Bedroom Apartment

I found the concierge was not friendly at all, as a representative for your company he needed to make me feel more welcome. I was on the bottom floor so had barely a view. When asked if we could have a fan to air out our room because there was a slight damp smell we were told that they had all been given out. Alternatively, we was told that we should use the cooker extractor which I found very bizarre. Was not happy with this at all.

I've been before and it was great, everything I expected. Bed was very comfy.

• Studio Apartment

The services apartment did not have my booking ready, instead I had to rebook manually. The iron was not functional, and in fact dangerous. The plug was falling off. The toilet did not flush, which was really bad. The kitchen sink was also faulty, as it did not let the water go through. Overall, I would not like to stay at this establishment ever again. Absolutely waste of money

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

We stayed 5 nights and the rooms were not serviced during our stay. We had to empty the bins ourselves and I had to go down to collect fresh towels on the 3rd morning.

Beds were very comfortable. Facilities good. Spacious

Long check in process. Pillows were quite hard. Paid for early check in from 11am, but rooms still weren't ready at 12:30. Booked parking but told there was no parking spaces.

The bed was comfy.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

There was no kettle provided in either of our rooms and the water providee in the fridges were out of date. One of the rooms we had, had a faulty door so it would slam and shake the floor everytime we would come in & out - I presume this would have been very annoying for our neighbours as our day always started around 7/8 am.

The bed was extra comfortable. Was provided with pots, cutlery, glasses and mugs. 24h staff. 10 minutes walk to stratford station & shopping center and was provided a shortcut upon arrival.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The Location: Being next to the railway line, meant you had lots of trains passing until late evening. Aircon: With the above, you would expect there to be aircon. However I couldn't find any, and not possible to open windows due to noise of the trains. Meant the room got hot, was a fan but that was semi-broken. No kettle: Would have expected a kettle to be available for each apartment, wasn't the case. The staff tried to find one, but didn't have enough for a majority of the rooms.

The location: Very close to Stratford station (easy to find). And close to the start of the RideLondon10-0, reason for booking this room. The Staff: Tried to be as helpful as possible. Cleanliness: Room was in good condition.

• 2-Bedroom Penthouse Apartment

This property is at great location, be the purpose is business or leisure. 24 hour helpdesk is a very good facility. The apartment was very well maintained with all basic requirements and cleanliness. Staff is respondent to any queries and fast in action for resolutions. So all in all, a near perfect experience.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

No kettle, sky remote didn't work.no signs to entrance, walked around the block .reception area not great, functional . Another guest had problems, not sure if staff were particularly helpful towards them.

Closeness to Olympic stadium

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Right next to railway track so train noise is constant. Reception staff also a little disorganised (lost the keys to our room).

Fantastic location for Westfield, RideLondon start, and exploring Central London. Nice compact apartment with good facilities

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The tiles in the bathroom could be steam cleaned as a little grubby. No plug in sink to wash up. No tray to put food on in the oven. No mention how close to railway, as noise could be really loud at times

• One-Bedroom Apartment

a stone throw from railway line which was very loud and busy all night. Couldnt close window as it was very hot and there were no fans available. Had to ask for pillows for extra bed and a kettle.

layout of room

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

£200 + for one night. Had to pay extra for parking. No kettle in room. Trains literally at the back of the apartment every2/3 mins all day/ night. Couldn't air the room due to the trains. Found some sort of drug related attire in the 'garden'

It was clean. Could walk to queen Elizabeth park

• One-Bedroom Apartment

location - close to railway tracks. can not keep windows open..... extremely noisy. no air conditioning (required during summer). staff was kind enough to arrange table fan

wifi, staff, service

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Our view was of the railway line, we noted that the DLR and East Anglia trains offer a frequent service. This was not a problem as the apartment is trippled glazed.

Great location close to the Olympic park, Westfield Stratford and the East village. Comfortable and great value for money. Close to underground and overground stations and in the proximity of a large supermarket.

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Overlooked the heat of the summer and effect this had on a non air conditioned facility. Although being able to open the windows/patio door offered som relief it was very warm indeed!

Spacious, clean and comfortable 1 bed apartment. Very essy access to Central and Jubilee tube lines (and DLR).

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Very wet floor outside apartment, room was stifling at night but opening windows was difficult plus meant lots of noise from trains close by

Location, staff, parking, wifi, kitchen

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Not taking so long to release the £200 from my card which was in case of damage in the apartment.

Very well appointed apartment and close to the London Stadium where we were going to a concert. 2 nice double bedrooms, 1 ensuite. A staff member called me personally to ask what time we would arrive and advise me i would need the card i booked with. The only negative comment is that they took a swipe of my card for a £200 deposit that wasn't actually taken from my card but the money was frozen and i've been told it could be up to 10 days before it's released. That to me is an excessive amount of time to check the apartment for damages!

• Studio Apartment

Room was very warm so I had to open the windows because the cooling units didn;t work, the room backed onto a train track so it was really noise. Worse was the smoke alarm beeped every 2 mins from 3am in the morning Hallway carpet was soaking wet

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Communication! I emailed the property twice and received no reply!

The staff were very friendly and helpful, nothing too much trouble. Walking distance from the station and to the Olympic Park

• Reviewed: 23 June 2017

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

Table lamps in lounge didn't work, receptionist couldn't fix and for 2 days didn't have use of them. then decided to try another plug socket for one of them and this worked. A Little worrying that the electrical sockets aren't working and nobody is checking them! some washing up liquid would be useful. Only had a few pieces of crockery each day and felt very wasteful to run the dishwasher! A fan for each apartment is really essential here in the summer.

Dishwasher tablets provided

• Two-Bedroom Apartment

There was tea, coffee etc as expected in self catering however no kettle or toaster??? I had to ask 5 times for a kettle and was even advised how to boil water in a saucepan or in the microwave???? I booked and paid for sky in order to watch the British Lions, guess what, no sky. It was very expensive for what it was and I just felt that they didn't give two hoots. Very disappointing!!! Will definitely not be coming back!!

The apartment was ok

• One-Bedroom Apartment

I requested a high up room when I booked 6 months in advance but got given a ground floor. The grass wasn't cut and the cigarette butts in the back yard weren't even picked up

The room was quite nice.

• Reviewed: 17 June 2017

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The appartment smell really bad.they hv very old sofa nasty colour.wat you see online on booking.com it's not the same when you reach there.the curtains was realk5y old and torn.early checking you have to pay xtra and pay for the car park too.not recommendable at all. marlin needs to improve his standards.👎👎👎

Nothing to like with the place

• Reviewed: 16 June 2017

• Studio Apartment

Too noisy. We had to defrost the fridge and freezer to close door. No kettle or coffee machine to use when we first arrived but the staff were very helpful to organise these items

The location was close to shops, restaurants and trains but our was too noisy being too close to train tracks. The layout of unit was spacious

• Reviewed: 9 June 2017

• One-Bedroom Apartment

Wish check out was at 12pm at least so could spend more time enjoying :-)

Staff nice & friendly. Bedroom shutters & the bath. Excellent & fills really quickly. Nice touch.

• Studio Apartment

There was no kettle or coffee pot in our apartment and it took reception quite a long time to organise bringing us them. The room was quite noisy too due to the DLR line running very close.

Nice sized apartment and the small garden was a nice unexpected feature.

• Reviewed: 24 May 2017

• Studio Apartment

Area. Deposit. Parking charge. Wasn't very clean. No where near Olympic village. Lack of car park space. Curtains didn't meet. I was very disappointed. The fact I had to pay £500 deposit and it's held on my card. Still.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2017

• Studio Apartment

My partner and I was due to fly in to London on the morning of 7th May and I booked a 4 night stay from overseas using the booking.com website. While confirming the booking, I specifically requested for an early check in with an anticipated arrival time of 10.00 am as we would be checking in after a long, exhausting flight followed by another couple of hours to check out from Heathrow and reach the hotel. We arrived around 10.10 am at the concierge desk where the female receptionist upon checking notified that my booking details were not on the system. Had to wait for 15/20 minutes before she could speak to her manager over the phone only to notify me that such occurrences are recurring on their system. To my surprise, she said after a disturbing wait, that I needed to pay an extra 30GBP for early check in and that there was no discretion. I paid the amount without as we were both knackered and just wanted to drop down for a nap. We were given the keys to flat 80 on the 4th floor. The flat wasn't anything special (nowhere near what you can see on the website photos) but we were more keen on taking rest. We were unpleasantly surprised to find out that despite our request for an early check in (stating that we would need to sleep after a long flight), we were given a flat overlooking the national rail tracks with trains passing every 5 minutes. As we had unpacked already and absolutely exhausted, the only ting we hoped was that trains would not be running all night although this assumption was largely disproved by freight trains and early morning practices ones. The evening before the day we were meant to check out, I put some clothes for a quick was in the washing machine but realised none of the functions were working. Went down to speak to the concierge desk and the attendants response completely shocked me - she actually had the nerve to ask me whether I really needed to use the washing machine!

Nothing that I can think of that exceeded expectations

• One-Bedroom Apartment

The sofa bed was not very comfortable at all. The staff on duty in the night took around 45 minutes to bring the duvet and pillows for the sofa bed. He was reading a book I think and didn't want to leave it. It was around 1.00am and we just wanted to sleep. I had my elderly mother with me and she was restless until we got the duvet. There was no kettle in our room, that was odd. Parking is convenient but very expensive.

On a positive note the apartments themselves are always clean, conveniently located, spacious. The ground floor apartments have little gardens with them which was quite nice. There was pots and pans, crockery a few basics which I also thought is really convenient. Just opposite Westfield and near transport links..ideal location at a good price.

• Studio Apartment

Forget the fact I burned my arm on the heater in the bathroom, which was too hot for room temperature. Forget the fact there were little insects crawling from the bath. Waking up to mould growing out the coffee machine. Sorry that was enough for me.

• Studio Apartment

I have booked and stayed in Marlin several times in the past. But on this visit after several Months, I found the property run down, dirty, unkept, furniture falling apart, dead and old carpet. Walls with oil and dirty stains. They need to close down and do a major upgrade. The entire family was disappointed.

• Studio Apartment

This is the worst place I have been for a while,The way the manager spoke to us on arrival,was disgraceful,if we were not so tired,we would of tried to get somewhere else,while I stayed at the property,I seen numerous arguments with other guests,their was a African couple,they actually tried charging for checking out early,even though there room was payed for.At one point they were not going to let us stay,because we didn't have our passport,I am English, I should not have to carry my passport around in my own country.This did not stop them taking the money before we arrived,it's a shame,because the apartments are good.

• Reviewed: 27 April 2017

• Studio Apartment

Bed was meant to be a double yet it was two single beds pushed together meaning a gap down middle making it very uncomfortable and hard to sleep. Mattress was way too firm also. Cigarette butts in garden and dirty around pull down blinds by windows. Sky TV hardly had any channels as majority were not in use, signal cut out alot. Trains were noisy up until midnight. Showerhead was spitting out water everywhere when taking shower.

Wifi was good.