Reviews of Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club 4 stars

Ashford Road, Bearsted, Maidstone, ME14 4NQ, United Kingdom

#9 of 19 hotels in Maidstone

I am a person with disabilities.
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

I am a person with disabilities. They have one room with a separate shower, but it was taken. The other rooms all had a shower within the bath. This required a lot of effort for me to get in.

Unpleasant experience in an overpriced, outdated hotel.
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

Outdated, shabby furniture in the bar areas. Swimming pool area needs decorating, ceiling paint peeling off. Awful rocks by the pool without any plants, just ugly. Very sad looking interior. Restaurant closes at 9 pm. I would never visit Marriott hotels in the future.

Very clean. Bedroom ok.

Friendly helpful reception staff.
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

There was no table service in the lounge area for tea/coffee and that area was not kept particularly clean. Bar staff appeared overwhelmed dealing with a wedding party so other guests not handled properly.

Friendly helpful reception staff. Good spa facility and spa staff professional and friendly. Rooms clean and tidy with air conditioning.

Compensated with a complementary bottle of wine.
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

Check in had one person with 10 people waiting. Room on ground floor with door on to the terrace that was being used for a reception would not lock. Room smelled of stale smoke. Air conditioning unit exstreamly noisy. Hotel very tired. Does not deserve it's stal rating.

Compensated with a complementary bottle of wine.

Clean, but underwhelming and dated.
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

The whole hotel is very dated, both in decor and sprit. The room furniture was ok, but the whole room was very dark with little natural light despite having a door that opened into a quad. The bathroom was terribly dated, although very clean. Plumbing was noisy so disturbing when your partner is still asleep. The breakfast service was not a great experience. Staff were helpful but on the Sunday morning we had to queue for a table - not because there weren’t enough tables but because they couldn’t clear them fast enough. Breakfast was a buffet and very uninspiring. No offer of any other eggs than scrambled. On the Saturday we were later (although by no means out of hours nor the last down) and the selection was minimal. Tea and coffee was served from thermos flasks/jugs and was luke warm at best. Why no coffee machine? As I said, very dated. And the furniture in the grill restaurant has definitely seen better days, the tables in particular.

Room size was good.

perfect for a stop over
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

Used as a stop over on way to Dover, very relaxed atmosphere but professional staff. Ample safe parking and large comfy rooms. breakfast was lovely, even though we almost set the toaster on fire :)

Comfortable country club style hotel
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

The main thing for me was the price. Also the pillows smelled a bit as did the shower curtain.

Great facilities. Really loved the pool, steam and sauna. The grounds are lovely, nice breakfast and the staff are all friendly and helpful.

Friendly, clean in a perfect setting.
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

Loved our stay. came over from Ireland for the festival and on arrival we were greeted warmly. The staff were very helpful and eager to help with any questions we had. The Lounge was perfect for us as we arrived late and got some light snacks and a bottle of lovely wine. Our room was perfect, we set the AC and were able to relax and had a lovely sleep. The cleaners in every day so everything was great on our return. The staff had book us taxi's every morning so didn't have to hang about. I would highly recommend anyone to stay here.

Everything I expected.
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

Breakfast is excellent but expensive. The bar could stay open a little later when there are guests wanting more.

Pretty much everything was exemplary, especially good service received as my wife had a broken leg.

The staff were very friendly and helpful.
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

Bit disappointed that there was an additional service charge on food - we'd already left a tip!

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The pool was a welcome addition to our stay - although small. The bed was lovely - big and comfy with excellent sheets etc. Food decent - especially breakfast.

Reports to be a higher than average hotel but offers poor service, and a poor standard of food.
    • Superior King Room with Terrace

Restaurant service was pretty poor. After my main course the waiter asked me if I would like........the bill! I guess we don't do deserts at this hotel. Far to anxious to clear the table. The same at breakfast, having had two waitresses ask what I would like to drink, both ignored my request for hot milk. When a slightly better waiter asked I got some. I finished my hot meal (pretty poor standard of food) I went to get a slice of toast to come back and find my table had been cleared. Couldn't be bothered to go through the hassle of trying to get hot milk again so just left. On the food, it was overall really poor. I guess if you go for a burger you might be ok, but my fillet steak looked like a small punctuation mark and at £26 was frankly embarrassing. The red wine source was basically red wine vinegar....I can't even recommend the coffee!

Easy access to Maidstone and not far from Motorways

Expensive for what it is.
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

No water in room. Breakfast is a buffet and substandard for prices. WiFi doesn’t work unless you pay extra, which for close to £200 a night is a disgrace.

Great if you want to work and keep fit
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

We ordered a Bar meal at 8-10 pm which did not arrive till 9 pm although the bar was very empty. When it arrived my partner had a club sandwich which came on very cheap thin bread with little or no filling ( couple small thin slices of turkey and a rasher of streaky bacon hardly any mayonnaise) for £11 and I had a spicy chicken burger which wasn't spicy because it was burn black for £13. As we had waited almost an hour we eat it anyway. We didn't complain but when we were asked we said and was then given a free beers each.

The Gym

very good apart from problems with access to iron grill
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

access to iron grill difficult with disabled person platform lift in bar not working very well at all!!!

location of rooms and disabled rooms were excellent and like the air condition machine worked very well in weather which was very hot and humid

Satisfactory but expensive
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

The mattress was on the too hard side. Difficulties with wifi. Car parking problems due to film crew vehicles in car park. Steak in restaurant not very good quality

Good restaurant service for breakfast and dinner. Good location

Nothing as despite having prepaid and received confirmation...

Booking not being honoured

Nothing as despite having prepaid and received confirmation our rooms had been sold on and we were relocated to rooms at the Mercure, which is no where near what we expected for the money especially at the end of a long working day.

Great staff, let down by a lack of investment in providing a great customer experience
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

Hotel is looking a bit tired in places ... worn carpets in corridors, and a bucket catching drips. Food quality at breakfast could be improved ... For example, I've seldom had less appetising sausages in a hotel. The bananas had definitely seen better days ... I wouldn't put them in my fruit basket at home.

Lovely people! Friendly & efficient check in and check out. Attentive service at breakfast.

Ok but would try somewhere else another time.
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

On our first night we had a meal in the Cast Iron restaurant. It is well named. We had tournedos of beef and while my husband struggled through and ate his I could not eat mine. It was a cheap cut of beef and rock hard. During the meal we were not asked if our meal was ok but the waiter didn't charge us for the meal. We didn't eat in the restaurant again except for breakfast which was ok.

Good size room. Convenient position. Overall cleanliness was very good.

Lovely relaxing stay in the beauty Kent countryside
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

The place is a little rough around the edges in some areas, not dirty, just showing it's age.

The staff were extremely friendly and welcoming, especially in the restaurant where they were extremely accommodating in regard to a food intolerance. The room was lovely, and it was great to have decaf coffee pods for the Nespresso machine!

Great stopover for buisness or pleasure
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

The rooms are a little tired, just could do with an update.

Beds very comfy, rooms very quiet. Staff were very friendly and efficient and the food in the restaurant at Dinner was excellent. There are good facilities with the pool, sauna and golf course all at hand.

A good hotel conveniently located for the Channel Tunnel and access to London by train
    • Superior King Room

The ventilation in the bathroom was very poor and flushing the toilet was akin to experiencing a minor Niagara Falls, so much water was released. Not good in this day and age. Also the edge of the bath was high, so getting in to take a shower wasn't easy. I'm assuming the hotel has other rooms suitable for mobility impaired people though. We ate in the restaurant the night we arrived. It lacks ambience and the food was only average. The other nights of our stay we ate in Bearsted or one of the other villages close by. Walking into Bearsted Village isn't that easy as you first have to run the gauntlet of crossing the A20 and once you have the pavement is very narrow. The road leading to the village is also quite busy.

The hotel is conveniently located about 30 minutes by car from the Channel Tunnel. The room we were assigned was on the first floor overlooking the golf course at the rear. It was relatively quiet apart from one night when a wedding party was taking place. The room (243) was a good size and contained everything we needed. The bed was large and comfortable. There were coffee and tea making facilities in the room. Free bottled water was also provided.

The room was excellent and with a perfect view of the golf...
    • Superior King Room with Terrace

We had a room with a balcony, but the table outside was very clean. Also our bathroom was a bit old and the sink wasn't that clean either. But overall it was fine

The room was excellent and with a perfect view of the golf course. The staffs were quite helpful too

Short, sweet and very nice (apart from not getting our family room, as we had paid for)
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

We booked a family room, which we didn’t get. Only got a double room and they put a camp bed in when we arrived, which meant one of my children sleeping with us, not ideal. Bathroom smelt very mouldy.

Lovely setting, nice bar, excellent breakfast.

Very good.
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

The layout is a little confusing.

Very pleased with our stay. We were booked in for a family wedding locally and the hotel was perfect. Very welcoming, clean, great facilities, very good breakfast. We all commented on how comfortable the beds were even my 85 year old Father.

It was a very good experience and welcoming
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

There was a lot of stairs and some areas was a little hard to access for someone with disabilities..The top bar was the only bar that had Draft beers it would be very helpful to have Draft beers in the other bars

The staff ware very friendly and helpful i enjoyed the hole experience very welcoming..

The staff on the evening shift were very friendly but I left very hungry
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

The food via Room Service was disgustingly poor and I could not eat it. I showed a pic of it to the Manager at check out and there was no charge for the food. Rightly so.

The golf pro was helpful and welcoming,breakfast staff were not! would not stay again
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

Thought the the layout was very poor the only way through to the pro shop was walking through the restaurant and so chose to eat out that night.. The golf course that I was a member of when it first opened, thought the greens were in very poor condition.

Location good,room ok

The stay was perfect!
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

restaurants were not available due to no space, and it was quite a few restaurants, and nowhere to get halal restaurants in town either, so food is an issue.

My parents loved the place and everything about it, swimming and spa was really good, and the views were great, so was no need to leave the place.

too expensive for what you get. Bad
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

too expensive for what you get. have been around for a long time but unfortunately it is getting worse. no safe, no fridge. morning staff does not care

Wonderful w/e with family
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

A terrace off the main bar area to sit out - we needed to go to the leisure bar, and then had to take our drinks downstairs to the terrace.

Family reunion w/e - 12 of us staying. Enjoyed sitting out on the room terrace drinking wine and eating pizza with lots of family. Eating breakfast in the restaurant with lots of the family.

Staff really friendly, mostly genuine and not just due to...
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

Think it's a little greedy in this day and age to charge extra for internet in the room! I mean, you can even get wifi on buses for free these days. Little random extra charges like this seemed to put us off slightly. We felt some things should just be a given for the price. Restaurant food good but expensive, bar food expensive but less quality.

Staff really friendly, mostly genuine and not just due to customer service needs. Really lovely breakfast and feel to the place. One evening there was a lot of noise from a downstairs room and without us complaining they had reduced our upgrade price for that night. Lovely room, sauna and pool area nice. I would avoid busy seasons so you're not squished!

Very pleasant and handy to visit many historical places.
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

Wider selection of meals in the bar.

Very friendly staff in all parts of the hotel. Immaculately clean everywhere both room and other areas and decor lovely. As a solo traveller, made to feel comfortable.

Our stay was absolutely perfect, I have no complaints the food was nice and the staff were fab!
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

I booked the Marriott as part of a birthday surprise for my partner. The staff were fantastic, they upgraded our room and had a happy birthday dessert on the table waiting upon arrival. None of this was of extra charge and I couldn’t be more grateful!

Perfect 5* Hotel for treat & relaxation. I would return/recommend
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

Had a bar meal which had additional charges added for service & glass of House Red ridiculous price. On arrival offered upgrade £price not made clear it was per night not one off charge. Deducted from bill when I queried. Little quibble - No marmalade at breakfast for toast!

Lovely, helpful staff very understanding when I struggled with room card entry! Pool wonderful & WARM - had it to myself both eves... sauna too! Had booked massage Sat a.m which was delightful. Breakfast unbelievable & so much choice!

Perfect!- my first experience of staying in a Marriott Hotel and would do so again.
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

ALL your staff were delightful,extremely courteous & more than helpful. The young gentleman that helped me with breakfast was a credit to you, so thank you for an enjoyable stay - only wish I could have stayed longer!

Staff friendly and helpful, bed firm but comfortable
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

Although the pool was warm and a decent size for a swim the ceiling was unpleasant to look at and the surroundings of the pool itself was rather tired.

Room very comfortable and bathroom clean. Breakfast was varied and very good. The chef was very good and made my son a pancake!

Newly married break away.
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

We couldn't get onto the wifi... it looked like you needed to charge to the room? I ended up just using my 4G connection. If there was a free option it should have been easier to log on.

The person in charge of staff training should get a huge congratulations! Everyone was lovely!

Lovely hotel and spa.
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

Lovely hotel and spa. The room and the restaurant were at the standard you would expect for the price. It's the staff that make the difference here.

Relaxing enjoyable stay
    • Superior King Room with Terrace

I wasn’t told that the room key card should be kept separate from your phone and this happened twice to me - walked all the way to my room and the key card was wiped.

Very quiet

Not the relaxing spa weekend you are hoping for!
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

The Spa facilities was poorly organised, Never told of an 8th Birthday pool party whilst on a relaxing Spa weekend with my partner, kids running through Saunas and Steam rooms!!!!!!!!!!! Health and safety issue!

Hotel room was clean, modern and in a great location.

The bed was supposed to be king size and was two hard...
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

The bed was supposed to be king size and was two hard mattresses put together which was disappointing for the price paid. The bed was uncomfortable and the heating in the room had to be turned off overnight and the aircon utilised, better temp control fitted to rooms in future would improve future stays!

Facilities are excellent, but prices too high-no personal service as staff busy with corporate event
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

Staff at reception not very attentive save for one member-I arrived at same time as a coach load who were all booking in together and had to wait-then when I reached my room, found it contained feather bedding-which I had specifically mentioned I did not want. Didn't like the service charges added on to and already overpriced coffee shop and restaurant Didn't like the standard and price of full breakfast-and the fact that a staff member/manager asked that the heating be turned off when there were still people having breakfast.

Food standards have dropped over the years-have been visiting this hotel for many years-both when I lived in Kent and since moving to Cotswolds 20 years ago.

Was OK, don’t think I’d stay again.
    • Superior King Room with Terrace

Was left waiting for a table at the iron grill for over 35 minutes even though I’d booked, the restaurant was not full. The food took an age to be served. Very slow and not good service. Half table cleared. Very poor organisation.

The room was very comfortable. Breakfast was very enjoyable and very tasty.

Lovely
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

Dinner was loud as there was a party of 20 right next to us, the food was good but we were told no set menu even tho this was what the other party had. Lovely service tho and no complaints except for the meal not being as relaxing as we would of wanted x

Staff were brilliant x

It was myself and twin sisters birthday treat. We would love to come again.
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

The receptionist both on Saturday and Sunday were a little aloof and made us feel rather uncomfortable.

Dean at the hotel bar was so accommodating and friendly.

Relaxed well deserved excellent stay, but not long enough.
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

Had a spa voucher for Christmas but booked overnight stay and afternoon tea as extras, massage spa facilities and everything was fantastic can’t wait to visit again.

Very quiet room, one night when there was a wedding on,...
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

2 days out of 6, our room was not serviced. One of those was the last Saturday of the year, when we went out at 11 am and New year's day when we went out at Noon, but there was obviously no supervision.

Very quiet room, one night when there was a wedding on, there were children running up and down the corridor, but overall it was very quiet.

Disappointing not to have been informed of the reduced facilities.
    • Superior King Room with Terrace

We previously stayed here on our wedding night so knew what the facilities were like and thats why we came back here. We were on a leisure break after working over New Year and Christmas period and planned to spend the afternoon relaxing by the pool. However on arriving at 245 found out that the pool was closing at 4 ( actually 330 to allow for closing process) because it was New Years Day. So we only got 20 minutes and it wasnt relaxing.When booking no mention was made of this and also we checked the website before leaving home and saw nothing either , and on arrival I checked the website again just to make sure. I don't believe the room rate was discounted to allow for the reduced facilities. 4 o/c closing is really not good enough . Also the first room we were given smelt of smoke, and although this was changed immediately it shouldnt have happened.

Don't waste your money - no better than the Travellodge in Maidstone.
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

I was told when I rang Tudor Park before booking that the gym and swimming pool would be open as usual (6am to 11pm) over Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, and Boxing Day. This was confirmed by the staff at the desk when we arrived. As it turned out, however, this was incorrect, and the facilities closed at 6pm on Christmas Eve, and didn't open til 10am on Christmas Day, shutting again at 6pm. If I had known this, I would have just stayed at the Travellodge in Maidstone, which would have been much easier to get to, and not so expensive! Furthermore, the drink prices were extortionate (£12 for one large glass of white wine!), and the bar was shut until 1 in the afternoon over Christmas. And don't be fooled: WiFi is not included in "cheaper" room prices! It's £10 for 24 hours if you decide not to pay even more for a room than the cheapest £130 a night! Again, the Travellodge in Maidstone may have been a better choice. Another thing to note is the overzealous cleaners - unless you put the "Do not disturb" sign on the door (we forgot to do so on two occasions), they'd be knocking on your door every day at 9.00am sharp wanting to clean (even on the day we had to check out at 12noon - just wait til we've gone!). The corridors were never clear of hoovers and cleaning carts (not easy to navigate around with suitcases), and the hotel was far from so full that such an approach was necessary. For a hotel that is supposed to provide that little bit extra, I was very disappointed at the experience. Of course, we stayed over Christmas when, understandably, staffing may be a little different, but why, then charge so much as a hotel if you're not going to provide basic services?

Convenient.
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

Room was over heated and consequently uncomfortable. Staff fixed the problem however post midnight.

The convenience of location to my wife’s family gathering. We do it every year - would not go near the place otherwise!

Seasonal fun, fantastic birthday treat. Will come again
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

I think I could have secured a better financial deal with the spa and accommodation if I had gone direct to the Hotel

The extra touches for my daughters birthday. The spa area, the rooms light and cosey. Staff very high standard, especially the reception staff and Otto. I will be back !

The hotel is nice and clean, staff are friendly, however I have stayed in better hotels for the pric
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

Dry sauna was broken and there were no spa slippers or robe provided Menu is very limited. Very british. No international/halal/vegetarian options No refreshments in the room’s fridge Room door very hard to open/close

Hotel was clean and in general nice, good location. However there is room for improvements

Stay was good. Administration is rubbish.
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

I tried to get 20 breakfasts for my group. It didn't work. I was passed from pillar to post, including the Manager himself, Costas It was so chaotic, I had to give up on that plan. I never got an apology nor any compensation for the trouble I took to try to pass business your way

Comfy bed. Superior design. Convenient for where I wanted to be.

A very pleasant night
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

The staff were extremely friendly. It was my birthday & at the bar a waiter asked me what the occasion was & when I told him he bought out a plate with a chocolate brownie & decorated with Happy birthday & a lit candle. Very nice surprise. Also our bed was extremely comfy! Would highly recommend this hotel.

Would definitely stay again
    • Superior King Room

Didn’t like the fact that mugs and glasses from bedroom were just washed in bathroom basin by staff! Not very hygienic!

Comfortable bed. Good breakfast

Will give this a miss next time.
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

The hotel is tired, ceilings falling down, damp carpets, torn sofa arms, dirty leather sofa's which when we asked about the shabbiness were informed they are to be replaced in the New Year. There are no heated towel rails or heated mirrors, so the bathrooms steam up, towels have to be replaced as no where to dry them, so not eco friendly. Breakfasts expensive, not worth the money. Evening meal poor value for money and if you order any meat course you have to pay for side salads, vegetables etc. No bread served to the table, everything coated in garlic??? Alcohol drinks very expensive, nothing worth paying the amounts asked for. Poor choice of gins and wines from the bar. Extortionate prices for a small packet of crisps and a small packet of peanuts £3.70. Wine menu at dinner very expensive for poor value wines. Spa, too cool to be sitting on a lounger after being in the pool, which is very shallow, not suitable for adult swimming. Sauna closed, steam room open thankfully so you could get warm. The bar areas, of which there are two lacked any ambience, 2 large tv's playing golf, understandable in the club house, football in the other empty bar, why not quiet, pleasant music? After all guests have tv's in their rooms? Bed very firm, not a problem but aggravated shoulder due to pillows being flat once you put your head on them, they seem to have been drained of any fillings!!!!

The location was fine situated close to Leeds Castle and not too far from Tunbridge Wells.

Lovely hotel, great staff and comfortable beds. If you have dietary needs check in advance !
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

I was very surprised that was no gluten free option available at either of the bar restaurants, not even a roll.

The staff were very helpful especially Otto. Very comfortable bed

Very good
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

Asked reception / concierge at 7:30am for a taxi to pick me up at 8:20am. The taxi didn't arrive until 8:45, many other taxis came and went obviously booked direct. The taxi driver said he had only been given the job 10 mins earlier That is the only drop off in my otherwise comfortable stay.

Disappointing stay at the hotel.
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

It was quite cold in the room and the whole hotel. There was a proper draft in the room, cold air coming from the wall, behind the aircon unit. The radiator was the only thing heating up the room, but it made so much noise, we couldn’t sleep. No Jacuzzi in the spa. Poor breakfast, porridge and coffee weren’t tasty at all. The high chair for the baby was so dirty, like it was never cleaned before.

Staff was kind and helpful. The bed was big and comfortable. Warm water in the swimming pool. Big TV. The cot bed and the extra blanket for the baby was provided.

Very comfortable ,professional and reasonable

Nothing !! Excellent all round 👍

Very impressed with the hotel in every aspect.... staff very friendly and helped on request !!! Will definitely return next year for the fireworks at Leeds Castle if not before ! Thank you

Well appointed room with very comfortable bed, & extremely quiet & peaceful. I
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

There was an excellent choice for breakfast, but all the cooked good was only like warm on the first morning, & little better on the second one. Apart from that it was an excellent & relaxing stay.

There is a lovely walk through the Bearsted Woodland Reserve, which is opposite the hotel.

Hotel staff were welcoming and the room was very good.
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

The bar staff in the function room were slow and disorganised. No-one had tested or set up the PA system properly and noise from the kitchen drowned out the poorly amplified speeches.

Hotel staff were welcoming and the room was very good. Food was also good, especially being served quickly to 150 guests.

The hotel served it's purpose as a base to attend a wedding but I wouldn't stay there again.
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

Whilst there was a large selection of food for breakfast, most of the hot food was not hot - other than the eggs which were cooked whilst you waited. The large plates, which were stacked in plate-warmers, were cold so even if the food happened to start of warm, it didn't stay warm for long. Also, a group of us went into the restaurant for an evening pre-wedding meal and were very disappointed with the standard of the food, value for money and the service. I should add that action was taken by the manager to reduce our bill.

I can't fault the hotel, other than in the restaurant. Everywhere else was very clean, well-organised, with friendly staff.

Great stay!! Would recommend to anyone!
    • Superior King Room with Terrace

I couldn't say we experienced anything we didn't like.

We were relocated to this hotel after a mess up by a different hotel/booking.com. Regardless, we arrived and the grounds were amazing although being the middle of October it had a very warm autumnal feel to it. The room was very spacious and had a massive bed with TV. We ordered food through room service which was excellent and didn't take long at all. We had a balcony which was nice to sit and watch wildlife and generally enjoy the views around the hotel. Complimentary buffet breakfast was great and the food was lovely. Would 100% recommend this hotel.

Great customer service
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

This was our 3rd stay at this hotel and it wont be the last, even though we don't live too far from the hotel it always feels so luxurious staying here. The staff upon check in and check out were extremely friendly, one of the nicest I have come across in a hotel reception. The beds are THE comfiest I have ever slept in, the room was lovely, very spacious and the housekeeping had even been told it was a visit for our anniversary so they left us a chocolate plate with 'Happy anniversary' written on it, a small but very nice gesture. The pool area is clean and is open early and closes late which is nice. Overall a great place to stay.

Well worth the stay
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

Manager Otto was amazing straight from the start, and never changed from whole stay very informative. Staff, Room and amenities were brilliant.

Okay, but could be better
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

I didn't like that the room we stayed in didn't have a toilet brush and a chair by the provided desk, for that amount of money for a night I expected high standard. I brought a bottle of fresh milk frim home for my toddler who still takes his bottle and I put it in the fridge, whlist we were going out I ask the reception to join our two single beds together. When we got back to our room and I wanted to use the milk I noticed the whole top was completely broken, like someone tore it open. I was so disappointed that I had to throw away the milk bease I automatically doubted the integrity of the person who came in to join the beds. It was very frustrating because I then had no milk for my son and it was too late in the night to complain or find another bottle of milk. Sigh not fair

The hotel looked very well maintained and quite clean. The staffs were lovely and helpful.

Wonderful.
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

The pillows! I could have done with an extra one and I would have liked it to be firm.

The hotel, the rooms, the breakfast, the staff, the parking, the bar staying open late for the wedding... all in all it was a great stay!

Nice but thought overpricesd
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

Threadbare carpets throughout Room decor old- needs an upgrade or price cheaper - i paid £135 v expensive, should be more like £109 for poor room Swimming pool overcrowded and dirty, lockers all broken Steam room old and smells - needs upgrade

Beds, bathroom all good but old Food good Sauna good- seemed new

Poor service and relied heavily on brand name.
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

The staff were less that helpful at all time during my stay, aside from gym staff who were great. During check in I was not made aware of wifi, gym, breakfast options etc. I was handed my keys and sent on my way. Service during our evening meal was slow and I was forced to walk to wait staff to ask for drinks and to order meals.

Gym

Ruined by the terrible food in the restaurant.
    • Superior King Room with Terrace

Restaurant appalling. Both starter and main course had to be returned as undercooked. Staff pleasant but Friday evening chef needs retraining.

Nice pool and golf

Could have been better
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

Food and general lack of care in food areas When they cleaned the tables they wiped around the salt and pepper and sugar bowls NOT the whole table

Area good, staff nice

Hotel is in need of a major refurbishment and additional staff!
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

There were always dirty tables in the bars & restaurant. The bar tables hadn't been cleaned since the previous evening. We were a small wedding party and pre-wedding there was only one bar person in the main bar, and guests gave up waiting. The main bar area was soulless. There was a continual knocking sound in our room (water pipes?) and the water pressure was frustrating (basin too high and noisy, shower too low)!

Apart from previous breakfast comment and very high bar prices a most pleasant stay.
    • Superior King Room

Breakfast unsatisfactory. Over crowded ,self service queues, had much better breakfast in B&B establishments. For a hotel of this high standard the breakfast experience is a let down.

Room good,bed comfortable , in room tea/ coffee good

Pleasant
    • Deluxe King or Twin Room

The hotel was looking a little tired in places. The crockery was chipped and the coffee jugs could do with replacing in the restaurant.

Everything was fine. Nothing exceptional to report.