Reviews of Masslink Guest House

70 Massetts Road, Horley, RH6 7ED, United Kingdom

#13 of 23 hotels in Horley

I liked that, after booking, the owner called me to check...
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

I liked that, after booking, the owner called me to check details and organised my taxi to the airport, sharing with 2 other people, which saved me £3.00

• Reviewed: 5 September 2018

Comfortable place to stay for flights in or out of Gatwick.
    • Double or Twin or Single Room (1 Adult)

Comfortable place to stay for flights in or out of Gatwick. A ten minute walk to the Horley shops and good cafes. A real bonus for me was the complementary drop of at the airport at check out time.

Perfect for an overnight layover from the Gatwick Airport
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Everything was as expected, no surprises.

I had an overnight layover at the Gatwick airport. As I arrived around 3am, I had to take a taxi to the property which was easy and inexpensive. They staff ensured I had the "Late arrival entry" information ahead of time and I had no issues getting into the property or my room. They also provided a ride to the airport the next morning. Although the room was very basic, it was exactly what I needed and was very clean and comfortable. I would stay here again for another overnight layover.

I don’t like having to say when we will check in.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Check in, I really dislike having to say when we will arrive. Your from another country, you don’t know if all your travel plans will work out on time. Plans change. You get lost, you find something great along the way!!

A great place for access to Gatwick Airport. Comfortable night sleep. Shared bathroom? never had to before but it was okay. You get a hand basin in the room.

A pleasant stay leading to a restful successful trip.
    • Double or Twin or Single Room (1 Adult)

No comment everything okay.

Very comfortable room and good nights sleep. Owners/managers ran a clean efficient place. My taxi to the airport was on time and I had no problems. This ensured my trip being being successful.

Last minute booking, pefect stay
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Excellent value for money, very accommodating staff, very close to Gatwick, couldn’t have asked for more- just wished I’d had chance to try the coffee haha

Good value place to go for an overnight stay near Gatwick airport.

No significant negatives.

The place was a short hop from Gatwick on the number 20 bus and the morning drop off at the airport was a bonus. My room was near the shared facilities but it was useful to have a decent sink in the room. Room was well decorated and had a nice view over the garden. I had a good night's sleep.

The room and bathroom were very clean.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The room was front facing so there was some road noise.

The room and bathroom were very clean. The arranged taxi service to the airport was great and included in the price.

Fine. Very nice owners.

Doors banging

Very basic. Had to share bath/shower room with other visitors. Banging of doors was a problem, however, there were signs on every bedroom door advising visitors not to bang doors and to respect other guests. Owner of guest house were lovely and very accommodating.

Area was close to the Gatwick Airport so perfect to catch an...
    • Double or Twin Room

Staff were a bit rude on the messages that we exchanged. I lost my headphones and I sent a message asking for them to look at the room or at the taxi that they booked and the only message I got back was: "not here". Windows don't have good curtains so at 4.30am you have a lot of light in your room so wasn't able to sleep.

Area was close to the Gatwick Airport so perfect to catch an early flight. Staff booked my a taxi to airport.

Convenient and good value

Nothing bad to relate

Was ideal for a nights rest following a flight from San Francisco. The lift back to Gatwick to catch Megabus was very much appreciated.

Comfortable room and bed, clean bathrooms, tea making...
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

About 20 minutes walk from Horley station, 15 minutes from village. The breakfast was minimal, you would be better buying a good breakfast with real coffee in the village

Comfortable room and bed, clean bathrooms, tea making facilities and basin in room. White fluffy towels! Bar and restaurant right next door handy for dinner. Fresh fruit with breakfast

• Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Excellent value for money, friendly welcoming staff and brilliant location for Gatwick Airport. Provided a really good shuttle service to the airport within the price of the room also. Would definitely stay here again.

A cosy guest house with a friendly atmosphere and close to facilities
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Curtains at the window could have been longer and with black out linings. Individuals with mobility issues would find stairs to rooms difficult; the room I stayed in also had steps down into it from landing level.

I had a very comfortable room The soundproofing against aircraft noise was first class. The centre of Horley, the nearest town was a 10 minute walk and I was able to get an evening meal there. A transfer to the airport terminal was included in the room cost which was a pleasant bonus.

Great location and shuttle service to the airport was really...
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Less cumbersome locks on the bedroom doors.

Great location and shuttle service to the airport was really handy. Happened to run late that morning but I was still in plenty of time to check-in. For the price I'd definitely return if needed.

Clean and pleasant red brick traditional looking home...
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The door to my room would not lock. I tried everything. I could have rung someone I suppose but it was fairly clear the bolt in the lock had not moved for a very long time and I needed sleep. Not ideal for anyone travelling alone really. Neither for their person or their belongings. I pushed a chair against the door - it did not reach the handle - and put my luggage on top and hoped for the best. There did not appear to be any staff on site. It was quite busy with people coming and going/using the communal bathrooms on my arrival. But it was still possible to sleep soundly. £11.80 for a cab from the airport!! Return the next day was included in the price of staying. I was phoned immediately on booking to ask what arrangements I needed - very very efficient. I’d stay again if the flight times meant it was necessary but I’d quite like a lockable door!

Clean and pleasant red brick traditional looking home catering for Gatwick. Very comfortable bed. Tea and coffee in the room. 2 bathrooms on my floor. One with a bath one with a shower. Both clean. Nice towels.

Great value and convenience for a night near Gatwick in between flights
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Airport transfer is a real plus! Nice accommodation, very conveniently placed with easy access from airport and train station. Great value for money.

Stay here if you have an early flight to Gatwick and need transportation.
    • Double or Twin Room

This was a clean, comfortable and convenient location for our needs. Diane was responsive and helpful with regards to questions about transportation to and from the airport. We were only in town to catch a flight the next morning, so we didn't take advantage of the convenience of restaurants and pubs nearby. There was a kettle with coffee and tea. The bath was nice and large. I recommend this place if you are needing a place close to Gatwick for an early flight with transportation to the airport - you have to get your own from the airport, but they help you figure it out if you ask!

Short and enjoyably green walk from Gatwick airport. Really nice olde-worlde rooms.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Was a bit loud with other visitors leaving early. Also I felt a bit bad stepping on squeaky floor-boards coming in at 1am. Probably not much one can do about that though!

Liked that it was smaller, a bit olde worlde. Also a bonus that its actually a really nice walk from the airport (even at midnight!).

Great stay for an early morning flight
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

We had a very early start and could hear other people arriving quite late which woke us up, but that would happen in most places.

Excellent staff and communication. Free taxi to the airport was on time and a nice perk. We were given an ensuite room instead of a shared bathroom which was a big bonus. Bed were really comfortable.

Perfect overnight stopover before getting a plane.
    • Double or Twin or Single Room (1 Adult)

A very clean guest house with a warm bedroom. Ideal for an overnight stay to make to Gatwick with a free lift from the B&B to the airport. A local Fareway bus number 20 or 100 will take you to the BnB. Get off at Brighton Road (just 150 metres before it) or Massetts Road (just 200 metres past it).

Value for money and very convenient. Owners are fantastic and accommodating.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Nothing. It was a great experience

Guest house was great value for money and closely located to Gatwick airport. I only stayed one night and arrived late from London City however Alan made arrangements for me to access my room and even dropped me off at the airport the next morning.

good relaxing short stay
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The room was very clean, nice white linen, tv, tea and coffee making facilities all at a very reasonable price. I will certainly go again when in that area. The proprietor was helpful and friendly.

Quiet and nice
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Two plugs to charge the phone didn't work. Only one.

I loved the fitted carpet, bedroom, staff kindness. Taxi to check out is included, it was very useful.

Very good if you have an early flight from Gatwick. Less than 5 mins by car.
    • Double or Twin or Single Room (1 Adult)

For my liking bed too soft. Shared bathroom but not a problem as it was very clean.

Excellent location for Gatwick. Owners very friendly and extremely helpful. Pub close by.

Good value for money and close to the airport.
    • Double or Twin or Single Room (1 Adult)

The building was quite old and the room was small, but it was OK for one night.

Good value for money and close to the airport. The bed was quite comfortable.

did what it said on the packet.😉
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Landlady very welcoming and helpful. Organised early taxi.booked room at short notice when flight cancelled and BA told us to go and accommodation and return in morning for new flight. I am 75. No help from BA with suggested accommodation.

very good
    • Double or Twin or Single Room (1 Adult)

This is my first trip to London.The plane delayed upon arrival and the customs check out takes quite a long time. It was late when i got on the bus.But I took the wrong direction!So it was very late when i arrived this hostel. But the host is very kind to accept me , and the evironment in the room is quite clean and safe as well as quiet.It is near the airport, So it is also very convenient in transportation.

The food, the showers.
    • Double or Twin or Single Room (1 Adult)

Cold restaurant plates at breakfast and dinner. Be very careful in the bath, when showering. I fell over and headbutted the wall. Incredibly slippery. Which is amusing on a skiing holiday.!!!!

The food, the showers. The staff.

Quick, Easy, Relaxing and Accomodating.
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Missed my flight at Gatwick, got there late. Diane went way out of her way to make sure I felt at home. She even sorted and paid for my taxi back to LGW in the early morning.

Guesthouse in a old house with character.

NA

Guesthouse in a old house with character. Spotlessly clean. Staff were very helpful and I appreciated the free airport transfer. Very good value for the price.

Clean, adequate accommodation at half the price of a Travelodge.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

No soap/shower gel in the room or bathrooms. Mattress lumpy and squeaky.

Excellent continental breakfast for an extra fiver (cereals, breads, juice, yoghurt, fruit). Room was comfortably warm. TV, coffee & tea provided in room.

Friendly welcome, excellent location close to Gatwick,...
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Friendly welcome, excellent location close to Gatwick, transfer arranged by Masslink Guesthouse to the airport at 5.15am much appreciated. Will book again.

I liked the location, it is only 5 minutes from the airport...
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

It was extremely basic, you had to share a bathroom, the beds were uncomfortable, old, soft, noisy and you could feel all the springs.An option for a cooked breakfast would be good as we were travelling all day.

I liked the location, it is only 5 minutes from the airport and the taxi is cheap to the airport,

Very basic accommodation at very reasonable rate.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Very basic accommodation at very reasonable rate. Great location 1.4 miles from London Gatwick. Nice owners, clean as a whistle, but you may have to share a bathroom. Easy to get to on bus. Taxi to Gatwick on departure date included. Very satisfied.

Highly Recommend
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The host was very kind and went above and beyond to assist me, the room and bathroom were very clean, bed was comfy - it was great value for money and fitted the purpose excellently. I would very highly recommend this property!

I could say for my short stay was very well.
    • Double or Twin or Single Room (1 Adult)

Accommodation looked a bit old fashioned and there could be few improvements like wardrobes, new floor carpets (bit smelly) and new toilets door locks. Walls ''thin'' as you could hear very easy what other tourists speak in their room, when going to toilet or opening/closing the room door.

Arriving very late in the night because of the terrible weather and slow traffic on motorway, I still could have access to my room. Next day, the lady was very helpful offering a lot of information about how I could find the train station and how to go to London centre. Also they helped with my luggage and my car parked there until I could come back from London. Very friendly and polite staff. Bedlinen was very clean, mattress and pillow comfortable and the room quite warm for this time in December, also quiet. Everything somebody needs for a short stay available in the room. And near the entrance a pretty Christmas tree welcoming the tourists...Good position in the area, very close to train station and Gatwick airport. Owners can help with transport to airport if needed.

Great location but felt more like a hostel than a guest house.
    • Double or Twin or Single Room (1 Adult)

My room was tiny and the TV was too small to see from anywhere other than the end of one of the packed-in beds. There were eight rooms on my floor, and two bathrooms, which led to a bit of a pile-up in the morning. My room had two shared walls, and, while my neighbours were very considerate, I had a cold and felt like they could hear every nose blow. The "shuttle" is a local taxi paid for by Masslink. There were two guests booked for the morning but the cab driver was only expecting one and demanded payment from one of us.

The manager responded immediately when I called to say I'd be arriving after check-in time and was very accommodating (some places charge a fee for late arrival).

Excellent accommodation & location.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Excellent accommodation & location. Found as described on Booking.com; Good quality in terms of cleaning & reception. Landlord will gets to give me a lift to Gatwick Airport after check-out.

The B&B was really close to Gatwick airport and a free...
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

The B&B was really close to Gatwick airport and a free taxi was arranged for my early flight the next day. The owners were really friendly and flexible about my late arrival and the B&B was lovely and cosy. I will definetly be staying there again.

Cheap, clean and easy access
    • Double or Twin or Single Room (1 Adult)

I want to say noise but it’s not the right word. People were been discreet but there was a lot of creeping and movement, which you could seem to hear all through the night. So I didn’t sleep too good because of it. More shuttle noises than louder!!

Easy access, free parking, and they offered a shuttle return to the airport

Proximity to the airport, free ride to airport in the...
    • Double or Twin or Single Room (1 Adult)

The fact that everything closes at 10pm , but that's England.

Proximity to the airport, free ride to airport in the morning. Restaurants and pubs within 10-min walking distance

I cut my losses and left after 25mins of checking into this, most disgusting BnB room.
    • Double or Twin or Single Room (1 Adult)

Dusty, smelled like hormone filled teenage boys sweaty locker room. A combination smell of mouldy, musty/mildew and testosterone filled sweat & weed. Old and sticky carpet. Heavy traffic noise. Worst BnB I have ever booked in my life. I checked in just after 10.30pm, expecting to leave for the airport at 4am. Immediately I noticed dust on the chair and sticky old carpet. The room was very stuffy and smelled awful so I opened the windows but it didn't make much difference. My nose started running after 10mins of being in the room. I tried hard to stay, as I would've needed to bechecking only 5 hours later but could no longer take it after just 25 mins in the room. I picked up my bags and left the property to go and check in at a well known chain hotel where at least, I had a fair idea of what I was going to get for my £89 per night. Taught me a lesson in life. Better spend that little extra for reasonable quality than to sleep in the worst place on earth while paying them £50 for the miserable experience. Such places should be shut down.

Not a single thing

Convenient location near gatwick airport. Good value for price.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Try to use the shuttle rather than taking a taxi to or from the airport, as a taxi is £10 for a five minute drive.

Convenient location as it's a 5 minute drive from Gatwick Airport. Perfect place to stay for a long layover to get some rest. The room was very clean and comfortable. It had everything I needed for my short visit.

I arrived after 1030pm and left around 4am for the airport,...
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

I arrived after 1030pm and left around 4am for the airport, so I never met the hosts, but they were very responsive and helpful via email. Because of my early departure, they helped book me a cab, which was covered by the hotel - thank you! The hotel itself is about a 10-15 min walk from Horley rail station.

Masslink Guest House was convenient for the airport, but facilities were not ideal.
    • Double or Twin or Single Room (1 Adult)

The room was quite expensive for one with a shared bathroom, only one pillow supplied, TV was tiny and hard to see, not enough milk sachets for hot drinks

I stayed at Masslink Guest House overnight before my flight from Gatwick the next morning. I did not have breakfast so cannot comment. The lady proprietor took me to the airport the next morning, cost included in the room price. Found a nice pub in Horley, about 20 minutes walk away, for my evening meal.

I really liked Masslink Guest House.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Only thing that I didn't like was that my room was not very tidy because of the mold stain on the floor mat.

I really liked Masslink Guest House. The bed was comfy and there was everything I needed. Horley was such a beautiful place and it was easy to get to London and Brighton by train and to the airport by taxi.

Great location for the Airport & Great Shuttle service
    • Double or Twin or Single Room (1 Adult)

I would not recommend this guesthouse for a longer stay - the room was adequate, but basic

Great location for early morning flights out of Gatwick! Well organised taxi shuttle in the morning, and very friendly check in. Perfect for my purposes - overnight for an early flight.

Perfect for my need to leave early.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

There should have been some shampoo and an extra small towel for drying of hair.

This is my second visit, it is so very close to the airport. They are friendly and flexible regarding time of arrival

Great guest house, good value and standard of accomodation.
    • Double or Twin Room

Very clean and well decorated, large room, no hassle bringing the dog along. Location was excellent, could walk to the shops, cafes, restaurents etc. Large windows to open so nice fresh air in room.

VERY VERY GOOD WILL DEFO RECOMMEND

There was Nothing at all that I didn't like

Everything was good for us, The taxi was booked for us too for the 4 am, The only thing was I didn't know where to leave the key in the morning, so I left it in the room , Hope that was ok x

Semi-convenient.
    • Double or Twin or Single Room (1 Adult)

Other than free wifi, the shared bathrooms for ten rooms was not great. While the overall place was fairly clean, the room had a definite well-used look that could have used newer, or cleaned carpet.

Other than being close to the airport and they provided a shuttle to the airport, it was ok. The town was a good ten minute walk, but it was pleasant so that was good. Bed was fairly comfortable and there was a sink in the room, but had to share a bathroom.

Great for stay before flying
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Bathroom across the hall.

Arrived late, but all instructions were given before. Only using room before flying early next morning. Free taxi to the airport which was on time. Great service.

Short overnight stay
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Compared to other accomodation, it was a little pricey

Very private & comfortable; complimentary ride to airport was great! + the hosts were very clear about the amenities which I appreciated. I loved how it was an old building - gave character :)

perfect
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Near the airport (app. 5 mins), taxi from the airport costs 10 GBP, back to the airport is free of charge included in the price. Excellent communication regarding instructions when arriving late at night. Nice room, cozy, comfortable bed, quiet surroundings. Wifi ok. Tea, coffee and milk and a washbasin in the room.

Really surprise for good

Is worth more what you paid I like Jr everything

The hotel super cl an convenient and hotel stuff really the best in advice contact and small breakfast is not is a big breakfast Thanks

• Reviewed: 18 May 2017

Nice hotel, nice staff, rooms confortable, perfect for a connection at the airport
    • Double or Twin or Single Room (1 Adult)

The shuttle to the airport is working only to go to the airport, not from the airport. You should take a Uber from there (12-15 pounds), cheaper than taxi.

Nice hotel close to the airport, nice staff and good communication

Cozzy guest house for a good overnight
    • Double or Twin or Single Room (1 Adult)

I booked a room for one night to be close to the Gatwick airport. The owner was nice and arranged a shuttle for me as I requested it. Everything worked out great and the rooms and bathrooms were super clean.

• Reviewed: 1 April 2017

So convenient for Gatwick
    • Double or Twin or Single Room (1 Adult)

I needed somewhere to sleep for a few hours before an early flight out of Gatwick, so this guest house was just perfect, any closer and I'd have been sleeping on the runway! So convenient for the airport, yet the place was quiet. Very obliging proprietors (I was a very last-minute booking and late arrival).

A Bed and Breakfast in Harley for Weary Travellers
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Can't think of anything...

Very helpful staff. A somewhat healthier breakfast would make a very good place better...for health-conscious and diabetic guests. eg: a whole grain bread option and non-flavoured plain yogurt...without the addition of sugar.

good bedroom with nice clean and quite place.
    • Double or Twin or Single Room (1 Adult)

There was any kind of break fast included, maybe a normal coffe with plain bread and butter or marmelade.

excellent badroom, quiet and cheap compared to the others.

A warm comfortable night.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

It was a lovely old victorian house, warm throughout and very clean. It was a shared bathroom but easily accessible from the rooms. Bed was comfy, TV worked, coffee and tea making as well as a washbasin in the room.

• Reviewed: 9 March 2017

Masslink in February
    • Double or Twin or Single Room (1 Adult)

The cook and kitchen were not available. Not a big problem though, just thought from my booking that they were.

Nice host and a great place to stay. Great location close to downtown.

• Reviewed: 23 February 2017

Great location, good value for money.
    • Double or Twin Room

No shampoo in the bathroom. When traveling abroad, you don't want to unpack your check-in suitcase to look for shampoo. Lack of decent pillows, could have done with a couple more.

The close proximity to the airport Easy access to the room, even in the middle of the night. Free taxi to airport. Cheaper parking than at the airport.

• Reviewed: 9 February 2017

Perfect place for a sleep over near Gatwick Airport.
    • Double or Twin or Single Room (1 Adult)

A bit overpriced, tho similar properties in the same area had similar prices.

Perfect place for a sleep over near Gatwick Airport. Everything was spot on, very clean, quiet and neat. Good point they provide transfer to the airport.

• Reviewed: 3 November 2016

Poor
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Took ages to let me in, gave me my room key, wasn't shown to the room no one to help me upstairs with my suitcase was told leave it downstairs then he walked off, room was cold no heating, wouldn't stay there again

Not much

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

Good value, you get what you pay for. Adequate accommodation for lower cost place to sleep.
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

No breakfast was provided. Manager said it was because kitchen was being fixed up. Guests should be made aware of that on booking site and at check-in. No apology from owner / manager.

Convenient location close to Gatwick.

Good for Gatwick adequate accommodation.

Breakfast!

No breakfast as kitchen under renovation. Good location. Told to lock door to go to bathroom. Adequate but nothing special. Good location for Gatwick.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2016

Cheap,comfortable,spot on
    • Double or Twin or Single Room (1 Adult)

for the price i paid i dont think anyone can complain

extremely close to gatwick airport obviously, bed was so comfortable it was unreal, parking, price considering location was the clincher.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2016

Very comfortable, very clean, and very friendly owners.
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

No negatives, but just a heads-up that there's a small for paying with a card. Bring cash if you can.

Very comfortable, very clean, and very friendly owners. Despite the cheap price, there were so many extra little comforts, like little jars with tea, coffee and milk in the room and extra blankets. The owner even arranged a cab for me in the morning, which she said was included in the price of my room.

Everything was as described, nice clean room, friendly host...
    • Double Room with Shared Bathroom

Everything was as described, nice clean room, friendly host and taxi on time in the morning for the airport.

Taxi included in the price, nice room, quiet, close to the...
    • Twin Room with Shared Bathroom

Taxi included in the price, nice room, quiet, close to the center of Horley to eat/drink, very nice staff,

It was really noisy and I struggled to sleep as I could hear...
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

It was really noisy and I struggled to sleep as I could hear someone snoring in another room.

Place hang hat for one night...
    • Double or Twin or Single Room (1 Adult)

The old door key is problematic. Maybe upgrade TV at some point.

Simple accommodation. Bed. Clean (shared) bath facilities.

Will stay there again
    • Single Room with Shared Bathroom

Very friendly and helpful owner. So convenient for Gatwick.