Reviews of Megaro Hotel 4 stars

Belgrove Street, Camden, London, WC1H 8AB, United Kingdom

#138 of 977 hotels in London

very convenient for St Pancras. Ideal for an early morning train.

very handy for St Pancras and Kings Cross. room was clean and the bed comfy. good sound insulation meant that we were not disturbed by noise at night.

Fabulous. Definitely visit again

The attitude of one male receptionist. Failed to understand about the keycard or not working or be polite in his response but his female colleague sorted it out.

Amazing breakfast and lovely bar in the evening.

Close to Kings Cross Station

Staff more interested in their phones and talking to each other than paying attention to guests. Pieces of food from previous guest still in bathroom basin. Room looked tired more like student accommodation. Not value for money.

Close to Kings Cross Station Rooms were a decent size

Breakfast was extremely nice and good service

Bar was very niche which is great but no so for me. But no complaint as such just limited alcohol choice that's all.

Breakfast was extremely nice and good service

Great location for us as we were catching a train to Paris...

This is minor a busy road double glased windows would help. Too many sirens going off

Great location for us as we were catching a train to Paris at 7am this next morning. A++

Convenient for catching an early Eurostar train.

The rooms look tired, walls dingy, bathroom especially. Bathroom floor flooded badly because of unseen gaps under shower screen. No shelf to put washbag, clothes etc so all got wet! Rather expensive, but to be expected given it’s position. I paid well in advance and noted that had I left it until the day before, it would have been much cheaper. No tea or coffee in room, something I miss.

Position opposite St Pancras Station was the main reason for my booking this hotel. The room and bathroom was large. Convenient for Eurostar, YES.

Irritating as expensive and I felt they didn’t handle the whole apartment thing well.

Put in an apartment a walk away. As older woman travelling alone really confronting as had to walk at night to get food and drink and wanted to stay in the hotel otherwise would have booked Airbnb! I should have been given the option to stay in the hotel where I’d booked. I chose it as I’d been there before and liked the bar etc.

Stylish. Brilliant location. Staff friendly.

Great location, right next to Kings Cross.
    • Deluxe Double Room

There was a bright green light by the door to the the room that you couldn't turn off. I found it difficult to sleep.

Great location, right next to Kings Cross.

Excellent location for St Pancras International, could not be closer. Easy walk to Eurostar check-in

Member of the reception staff called us a taxi to Euston station, assumed it would be a black cab, it was not. No meter on display, in fact very wary that it was a taxi! We had paid £6 from Euston to the hotel the previous weekend, this taxi driver charged us £12. Did not have time to argue with him as we had a train to catch. I wonder if he started the meter when he received the call rather than when picking up the fare? I feel the hotel should have told us it was not a black cab they had called, how much commission was the hotel getting from our fee? Is it hotel policy not to use black cabs? This spoilt the end of our holiday, we felt that we had been stung. If this had not happened then would have marked the ‘staff’ section as excellent.

Pleased to say that the air conditioning was working in this room unlike the room we stayed in the previous weekend.

If you are arriving or departing from St Pancras this is a...
    • Deluxe Double Room

If you are arriving or departing from St Pancras this is a great location. I would also recommend a visit to the British Library which is a 5 min walk.

Handy for St Psncras International railway station

Bedroom temperature; very hot during night, air con control not working unable to get temperature to a pleasant level, so work up feeling dehydrated.

Close proximity to St Pancras International; able to walk there with suitcases - no problem

A wonderful surprise to find such a great hotel so central. Safe, quiet and fantastic interior!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Not much choice for vegetarian breakfast.

Upgraded to appt. super - underfloor heating, fantastic bathroom! Portuguese receptionist was extremely pleasant, and helpful! We will come here every time we are in Lindon!

Really liked the hotel and will definitely stay there again.

The bed was a bit creaky and a bit saggy. There was only one chair in the room.

The location, the very friendly staff, the cleanliness, the bathroom, the quirkiness and outside grafitti paintwork.

Words need to be backed by commitment!!!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

....a nice 3rd family apartment , away from the main Hotel, WITH NO LIFTS....do I have to say more???? When I checked In with my family, I asked for a VAN coz of my 3 suitcase & lugage, at time of check out next day early morning at 5.30 am (with one Ms. Martha), got this VAN reconfirmed with Ms Sophie at arnd 7.00 pm the same day....and to my dismay had a small taxi and that too well past my time after talking to a zombie at receptn who seemed oblivious of what was happenning... we then had to rush to Heathrow by train with so much of luggage ....nearly missed our flight....nice warm people but lacks commitment and cordination with the next guy at the reception!!!

Central location, warmth and cleanliness!

Fantastic.
    • Family Room

Quirky hotel from the outside to the reception and wasn’t sure what to expect. As soon as we entered the reception we were greeted by very friendly staff and were acknowledged by all staff. They went above and beyond being helpful by letting me use a shower after I had ran the London Marathon despite having to have checked out that morning. Breakfast was excellent. We will be back.

Would go there agin without hesitation

One side of the mattress was a little lumpy

Very good facilities in room (including fresh milk in the fridge! - yay!) Excellent freshly cooked breakfast. Room surprisingly quiet considering location.

Nice contemporary hotel in a nice location.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Although a square toilet is contemporary and “posh”, it lacks quite a bit in the usability department. Regardless if you are a man or woman, it is a bit messy and uncomfortable.Note: if you rent an apartment you’re not staying in the cool contemporary hotel with all of the steam punk decor, you have to walk across the street and around the block to your apartment building. However, the apartments were still very nice.

We like the shower and the additional space for family of four, and the location and proximity to Kings Cross station.

All you need for a pleasant stay in the heart of London

I would have liked an armchair for reading.

I did not use the restaurant, so cannot comment on that. I liked the central location and my room was not noisy. Bathroom well appointed and immaculately clean. Bed comfy with lots of pillows and cushions. TV good. Staff pleasant and helpful.

Great location, great apartment for a family of 4
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Had to go up a lot of flights of stairs with our luggage.

Great apartment, perfect location, easy walk to kings cross station. Very roomy apartment and had everything we needed. Staff we really welcoming and helpful.

Ideally Located But Quite Noisy.

Our room overlooked the front of the stations, so it was very noisy, as you'd expect in London, so perhaps better sound insulation would be in order, or a room away from the front.

Room was clean and spacious, excellent shower and the hotel is ideally located right outside the front of Kings Cross and St. Pancras Stations, with the Subway entrance a few steps from the hotel's front door.

Fine for one night - but there's better value for money nearby

noise of traffic kept me awake. Bed not all that comfy. A lot smaller than it looked online.

Literally opposite St Pancras - I had an early train to catch and was on it 2 mins from leaving the hotel.

Very good location, helpful and bright staff, commodious room. Irritations were potentially crucial.

Shower flow flooded half the bathroom. There were noInstructions for using the shower so process of elimination needed. The lift was extremely unreliable; only an unusual operating discovery by another guest saved me walking up three flights. (I have COPD). I had to walk downstairs sevral times. The room card failed to operate on four occasions so I had to go down to replace them. Small tedious frustrations.

Reception staff very kind and frendly. Responded to concerns as well as they could. Bed very comfortable. Room was large and traffic noise not very intrusive. Snack in the bar was delicious; again, staff were proactive and pleasant.

Don't think I would return despite lovely reception staff

Had full breakfast £12.50 had to send back as cold and mushrooms undercooked and didn't even get the fruit as ordered. Noise from air conditioning unit outside

Bed comfy

Great for a weekends touring or city getaway

Got upgraded to suite which was nice. However, room was a little cold when we arrived back at night and took quite a while to warm up.

Great little hotel for getaway to the city. Loved the basement bar with live piano as a place to chill out at the end of the evening.

Convenient, short stay apartment in the heart of London.
    • Deluxe Double Room

No full length mirror. The two small mirrors in the bedroom were awkwardly positioned, making it difficult to use the hairdryer. The bathroom shelves hadn't been dusted in quite a while.

Good sized apartment, close to the underground. Always a bonus to have self-catering facilities when away for several days.

Location was perfect for getting around London and the rooms...

It was a little bit expensive but I guess being so close to kings cross station you expect that

Location was perfect for getting around London and the rooms were so nice

Great location, friendly staff, excellent entertainment in piano bar, overall - had a very good expe

Pillow was uncomfortable, but overall for the price, it was excellent value

Staff overall were really friendly. Loved the entertainment in the piano bar - really fun evening. Location of this hotel was fab! Would stay again

Top location close to train station.

Everything ok!

Second time here, best place for me to stay in London. Perfectly located in front of King's Cross / St. Pancras Train Station. Metro access literally in front of the door. Great restaurant for breakfast, lunch, dinner and aperitivo (better than the average level in London). Rooms a bit small but with everything you need (from coffee, to fresh water, to ironing facilities). Staff always welcoming and eager to help. Definitely recommended! Great place for business travellers! I'll be back again soon.

A comfortable and relaxing haven in the city

The layout and convenience of the room was perfect. The overall facility was great. It was a very comfortable hotel with friendly staff, located ideally for access to and from the city.

Bed very comfy, room & bathroom clean and spacious

settee uncomfortable as the cushion seats moved all the time & plug not near to mirror for drying hair!!

Bed very comfy, room & bathroom clean and spacious

Great rooms, location and breakfast. Perfect!

Maybe reception + bar combined design doesn’t work as well as it could. Otherwise, perfect.

Studio room was superbly designed, very quirky as well being very large in size. Breakfast is superb, made to order brunch style offerings. Overalll, hotel is better than anywhere I have stayed in London.

Great location, didn't notice the noise from traffic at all.

Bathroom wasn't as clean as expected, old toiletries were keft in the shower slthough the shower itself was clean. I didn't report this to staff to recify however as only small issue.

in a great location for the train station.Staff were friendly.Good choice at breakfast.

Great place for a city break

Stay here whenever we visit London. Great location just opposite Kings Cross, super friendly, efficient people on reception - we got back after an afternoon's shopping to find our bags already in our rooms. I'd forgotten to print out my return train ticket - they got the .pdf off my phone and printed it off for me in two minutes flat the next day when we left. Great service, many thanks!

Great breakfast, very handy location, quirky decor.
    • Family Room

Shower in bathroom was scalding hot, and couldn't be cooled down to a comfortable temperature. Windows seemed to let in a draft, and lots of siren noise.

Great breakfast, very handy location, quirky decor. We especially liked the spacious well-equipped room.

Fab

When my husband stayed for business , we had a super big room overlooking St. Ps . Our room this time was 506, great but a lot smaller ! Love the coffee and orla Kiely goodies

Relaxing and would book again.

No complaints.

Location for Kings Cross station and underground excellent. Rooms clean and spacious. Friendly staff. Quirky little bar in the lobby.

Excellent.

Our toilet wasn’t cleaned properly from the previous guest so we were greeted with lots of brown staining on the porcelain! But that was the only downside of a 4 night stay.

Friendly staff and general quirkiness.

The welcome you receive from every single person at...
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

My 'only' gripe is there was a fan or boiler that was making a noise constantly.

The welcome you receive from every single person at reception is excellent! The apartments are spacious and very modern. The shower is out of this world!!!!! Everything you could possible need in the apartment. Its right next to the Kings Cross and underground and a very short walk from Euston Station.

Very nice
    • Family Room

The hotel is really well situated nearby St-Pancras station. Possibility to take underground and busses and taxi nearby. Good restaurant, very friendly staff and very nice room.

Loved the creative decor, quiet comfortable rooms and sparkling clean. Good choice for breakfast.

Checking out was complicated as although there was one booking for two people we had to pay two separate accounts which took some working out.

A wonderful, creative oasis in the middle of Kings Cross

Excellent location cosy room friendly staff great breakfast

Shower/coffee machine very complicated to use. Tried to ring reception for further instructions but no answer so gave up on the machine persevered with the shower and eventually got it working

Comfortable room & lovely freshly prepared breakfast

Convenient but overpriced
    • Deluxe Double Room

Improvements can be made in the cleanliness of the furniture, couch and chairs have staines. Some of the staff do not speak english very well, ordening roomservice took a while. No soundproof windows

The upgrade to a larger room was great. The vibe in the place is good. Good location.

So cute and great location!
    • Standard Studio

We got the Studio because it had a queen bed, but I wasn’t expecting it to be separate (walking distance) from the actual hotel.

So cute and great location!

Well located and good quality
    • Deluxe Double Room

The location is noisy with heavy traffic and people around the station. It was not a surprise but need to be known.

Well located. Good quality and we had access to a great large room at the top floor

Very nice people at checkin.

Police or ambulance noises during the night from the street, despite I was on the 6th floor

Very nice people at checkin. Very well positioned close to the tube. I was upgraded to a bigger room :)

Staff was friendly and the hotel very nice, clean and great...

Had a few questions for the staff and the answers about public transport and local businesses were not always quite spot on

Staff was friendly and the hotel very nice, clean and great location. Room looked good even though good have been a bit bigger.

I will definitely stay here again.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Can't really think of anything.

Stayed at one of the 2 bed apartments which is about a 2 minute walk from the lobby. They let us check in approx 30 minutes early which is always nice. Loved everything about this. Set back from the street meaning it was incredibly quiet. We had a ground floor apartment, with two double beds (one in a bedroom and one as a sofa bed). TV in each room. The bathroom was impeccable, with a HUGE freestanding tub, separate shower, double sink and separate area with a big mirror and shelf (perfect for makeup!). The kitchenette had a fridge, freezer, oven, kettle, coffee machine and toaster. Really clean and modern facilities. Cutlery, crockery and things like grater also included. There was also a small table and seating for 4. The hotel was approx 2 minutes walk from King's Cross station with its transport links. King's Cross has a Waitrose for food and St Pancras has an M&S for food, all useful for taking back to the kitchenette. Enjoyed this immensely, couldn't believe how lucky we got with this apartment. All facilities were clean, bright, and modern. I plan to stay here the next time I am in London when there is more than 2 people.

Perfection in King's Cross

So hard to pick a fault... perhaps a walk-in shower rather than a bathtub with a shower (although it's an amazing shower even so)? Other than that, it's honestly a superb place.

Super cool little boutique-y esque place spitting distance from King's Cross. The design of the place is really good, and the rooms are a properly decent size. Really hard to find fault with the hotel! The staff are also super pro

Great location and a wonderful hotel! Perfect for someone that is using King's Cross as their hub.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The TV placement is odd, being so far away from the bed, but I can't think of a better place for it.

The room was larger than anticipated. Well appointed bathroom. Comfortable bed.

Location was excellent and very quirky lobby
    • Family Room

Room 202 two of our three nights disturbed by ' mysterious ' music/vibrations. Big gap which let light from corridor come through and two of beds very squeaky.

Location was excellent and very quirky lobby

Convenient friendly hotel giving good value for a London hotel.

It was quite noisy and better windows might help but have to accept traffic noise in central London.

Comfy bed . Friendly staff. Lovely touch of birthday cake. They had contacted me before visit asking about purpose any special occasions etc . Nice touch. Great value breakfast freshly cooked.

Quiet place in Kings Cross

Two big drawbacks! The square toilet is really uncomfortable to sit on. Nice touch with Sky TV. However the set-top-box is located behind the TV so you have to physically get up from the couch put remote under the TV to change channel...

The room was big and had a nice comfortable bed. The actual lodging was in a different building that the lobby, which was great as it was a quiet street, but really close to Kings Cross. Also the WiFi had a good speed.

Overall excellent option for staying close to Kings Cross St Pancras, good facilities and services
    • Family Room

Lighting in room wasn't great, and when trying to sleep there was too much light from the fire exit light and the gap under door. Sink taps in the bathroom varied from hot to cold randomly.

Staff were excellent, room layout was very good.

A clean, spacious apartment with a great city centre location.

There is no lift to get to the third floor apartment, and not a big variety of dishes to use in the kitchen.

I liked the service and privacy of the apartment. The location was perfect and we could access the subway with a two minute walk.

Perfect location for business and leisure
    • Deluxe Double Room

Friendly staff and great location. Room very large but could do with more of the tiny details like more than four of those awful milk capsules and tea and coffee.

Excellent- would definitely stay again and would highly recommend
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The square toilet and taps you couldn’t see on the sink. Not enough tea/coffee in the room.

Great sized apartment, fantastic location, Sky tv, nice and quiet, great shower, very fluffy towels, fab toiletries and comfy beds.

Super surprise and right next to the train station, was super easy and great coffee in the restauran

Definitelythe young woman who checked me in and the guy in the young woman the next day. It was just super cute clean and a nice large room. Thank you!

Comfortable handy base for up to a week, say.
    • Family Room

Friendly, tightly run ship. Rooms were warm and bone dry. Always someone on deck at reception. Close to bus, Eurostar, King's Cross Station. ATM under building. Handy to Caledonian Road Tesco Metro.

Convenient location but could be better for the price.

Carpeting looked dingy and worn out. Room size was a bit smaller than expected although size of bathroom was good. Amenities was minimal and had to ask for things like shower cap, slippers and bathrobe. Check out time is 11am and they will charge you GBP10 per hour for late check out which I think is not fair.

Location is good. The bedding was nice and crisp. Free snack and tea at the lobby was also nice. Quiet considering the location of the hotel.

great value for money and excellence service
    • Deluxe Double Room

the was some noise from the roads but that is to be expected

the staff were exceptionally good, really personable. our room was upgraded to an apartment which was unexpected. its really is a lovely hotel and I didn't expect it to be so good. The breakfast was really good value

Was a good location for where I needed to be.

Some noise from outside, from other rooms and sometimes from the smoke alarm. Too much light of the corridor passes under the door. Complicated shower.

Was a good location for where I needed to be. Big room. Sky TV.

Perfect for what we wanted.

On a very busy road so could be a bit noisy but did not bother us.

Great position for the Eurostar. Friendly professional staff, nice room and good breakfast.

Will stay again

The hotel is right opposite St. Pancras International and the Kings Cross underground hub, which we found extremely convenient. Our standard room was very spacious (with a huge bathroom) and quiet (at the back of the hotel). Excellent WiFi.

perfect

a bit noisy (ambulances, police cars), but ear plugs available at reception, so we found out

very good location, great restaurant. Lovely rooms and bathrooms. nice and warm and very clean.

the young lady on reception around 5.
    • Standard Studio

the young lady on reception around 5.30pm yesterday evening was incredibly helpful when i checked in, unfortunately i don't remember her name but wavy blond hair

Fantastic staff, fab stay!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

Fantastic staff- great hospitality upon check in and made things very easy! We stayed in the apartment which was fab and had everything you could need.

Great family option convenient to transportation and sightseeing in London.
    • Family Room

Spacious rooms, hip decor, great option for families to all stay together (a rarity in Europe)...food at the restaurant was very good and the staff super-accommodating. A fabulous stay, overall!

The best place to stay in London for train travellers

Everything fine!

Great place just in front of St. Pancras international train station. The location is simply unbeatable if you travel by train. The Hotel is situated in a very nice building, nice colors and furnitures. Staff is amazing and always supportive. The room was good and comfortable (even if a bit small, but for being in London was actually pretty good). Big bed, clean bath, good Wi-Fi. There is also a nice restaurants inside the hotel where we had a great breakfast (eggs, avocado, juice) and also a nice dinner (steak is the best choice). So far, one of my best experiences in London. Hope to be back soon.

Stylish, clean, relaxing and convenient spot to stay in central London!
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

All lovely! Thanks for the treats in the lobby—my son loved those. Nice touch.

Facility neat as a pin and super-spacious for Europe...stayed in one of the apartments two blocks off Euston Rd so noise level low.

Clean, Comfort staying
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

This is my first time to see a squared toilet, and, to be honest, it is not comfortable. The surrounding area seemed not safe in the evening.

The flat is clean, and equipped with kitchen facility. The location is extremely convenient, just on the opposite of King's Cross station. We booked hotel about one hour ago before we checked-in, and the sofa bed was prepared really quickly. There were some payment issue due to the miscommunication between booking.com and the hotel, but everything is solved at the end.

Funky decor and really excellent staff. Perfect location for the Train.Thoroughly enjoyed the stay.

Nothing really. It wasn't super flash but it was good value for money.

Staff were brilliant. Location was perfect and overall the stay was very good value for money.

An excellent stay.
    • Deluxe Double Room

I decided to extend my stay by a day a couple of weeks before travelling. Despite being assured by the hotel that reception were aware and i would be allocated the same room for both nights, on arrival they seemed oblivious to this. Still, it was sorted.

Great location, very comfortable rooms and an excellent restaurant and bar.

Location is near to tube.
    • One-Bedroom Apartment

The shower didn't have hooks to hang clothes or towels in the bathroom. Had to place a chair just outside of the shower to keep the towel and my clothes. Housekeeping was sloppy in making up the room. Soaked hand towels were not replaced as requested. Took 4 bath towels but only replaced with 3. Otherwise room is great.

Location is near to tube. Got a huge apartment to fit 4 adults.

Location is great if you need to use the relevant...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Noise, noise and again - noise. Way too much, from all over, and it seems no-one is doing anything about it...

Location is great if you need to use the relevant long-distance trains.

Excellent loaction, friendly staff, spotlessly clean

The room(409) was rather small.

Excellent location near to Kings Cross, St Pancras and Euston stations. Easy to locate once out of the station on Euston Road. The entrance is round the side (on a side street) but not a problem to find. Reception staff were always pleasant, welcoming and cheerful. Check in was easy, as was check out. The room was very small for the price, with little space for 2 people to pass at the foot of the bed. There were too few surfaces and no suitcase stand so it meant everything had to be piled in one area but the room was very clean, the bathroom a fair size, the bed linen and towels clean and fresh so it is a minor quibble really. There was a very good breakfast choice in the restaurant, reasonably priced for the location. The hotel offered free weekend papers and there were tea and coffee making facilities, free water, plus free fresh fruit, popcorn and nibbles in the reception area. Outside there are a whole range of bars, restaurants and shops plus the tube for easy access to many of London's key areas.

Browse Megaro Hotel traveller photo gallery