2. UK hotel reviews
  3. Greater London hotel reviews
  4. Kingston upon Thames hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Mitre Hotel

Reviews of Mitre Hotel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Hampton Court Road, East Molesey , Kingston upon Thames, KT8 9BN, United Kingdom

#10 of 13 hotels in Kingston upon Thames

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: February 17, 2019

Brilliant location for visiting Hampton Court Palace but eat dinner in the restaurant next door
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Poor parking and the dinner menu was very limited and not the best value. Rooms very hot even with the radiators turned down.

Location was fantastic and the room very spacious with good amenities. Breakfast was outstanding. Staff very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: February 13, 2019

Good location but tired!
    • Traditional Room

Toilet broken in first room so moved to only room left which unfortunately was on busy main road and was very noisy. Room described a suite but was just bigger room with same furniture. Moved to new room the following day which was nicer but was by an extraction fan which rumbled away all night. Although staff did their best to move me after broken toilet I didn’t feel that they were concerned and I was not offered anything by way of apology for having to move twice on a two night stay. For me a good night’s sleep is what I am paying for and location is second to that. Has potential to be lovely hotel but is in serious need of an upgrade.

Good location near station, river and Hampton Court. Comfortable bed and good sized room and bathroom.

• Reviewed: February 13, 2019

Lovely staff and clean rooms
    • Traditional Room

My room was excessively hot and I had to sleep with the window open for 2 nights in the middle of winter.

Staff were superb. I like the seating areas which are comfortable and quiet to work. My room was spacious, comfortable and clean.

• Reviewed: February 12, 2019

Position near to the River Thames, free parking outside.
    • Traditional Room

Very tired and rambling. Didn’t like the the fact the shower was a fixed shower really high.....

Position near to the River Thames, free parking outside.

• Reviewed: February 11, 2019

Nice hotel in a lovely location
    • Traditional Room

The parking is terrible. Limited space. However you can park in the train station car park across the road for a fee.

Proximity to the event we were attending was great. It was nice to be on the river. The room was spacious and bed was very comfortable.

• Reviewed: February 10, 2019

Lovely hotel next to river staff very friendly and helpful.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The first room we were shown was in need of redecorating. Bathroom also needed some attention. Grouting around bath black. We were then moved to a much nicer room. Bathroom was a bit better.

Lovely hotel next to river staff very friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: February 5, 2019

Good location , near the park and train station.
    • Traditional Room

Bathroom fixtures were very tired, not very clean . Poor soundproofing in the room . Bed was very soft with poor support .

Good location , near the park and train station. Room was quite well furnished with big TV screen , coffee machine , kettle, tea , coffee and biscuits and a small fridge .

• Reviewed: February 3, 2019

Comfort and care can not be faulted :the hotel has great charm and wonderful views!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Only one thing:coffee at breakfast was served by the cup,a pot would have been welcome.

It's a very characterful hotel,lovely facade and pretty corners here and there to sit and read-even a little library.The staff were unfailingly cheerful and helpful,so I had a thoroughly pleasant visit.

• Reviewed: January 30, 2019

Sadly disappointed
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Parking had been promised then didn't exist, I paid for a suite because a good rate was on offer, I would have asked for a full refund if I had paid more. When I entered the room there were two dirty glasses from previous guest, hair on the pillow and the bathroom was not particularly clean. Once a grand hotel, now over priced and needing an overhaul.

Location was perfect but wouldn't ever stay again let alone recommend. Receptionist was lovely

• Reviewed: January 27, 2019

It was very nice!
    • Deluxe Double Room

The window which didn’t shut completely

We liked the room that’s very spacious with many facilities like coffee maker, iron, and safe etc. However,one of our windows didn’t shut completely so it was inconvenient. Staff were very friendly and place was very clean. Also, as I requested to do anything they can offer for our wedding anniversary and my husband’s birthday, they left a nicely decorated dessert plate written “congratulations” in chocolate, with a hand-written message card. That was very nice!

• Reviewed: January 25, 2019

Perfect for Hampton court
    • Exclusive Room

Just over the road from Hampton court, perfect location if that is the reason for your stay. We were lucky enough to get a parking space there then walked across to Hampton court for the day. Although we went in January so probably wouldn’t have been so lucky in July. If you need to park at the station it is just over the bridge, a 2 minute walk at best. I was a bit nervous about staying here because of other reviews. Ignore them! Hotel is warm, clean, tidy and suitably decorated for a building of its age. Bed was extremely comfortable, staff friendly and helpful. After a lovely breakfast, enjoyed a nice long walk (about and hour, but there is a short journey ) along the Thames to Kingston the next day for a spot of shopping. Would recommend.

• Reviewed: January 24, 2019

An enjoyable comfortable stay in historic surroundings.
    • Traditional Room

Coffee at breakfast No hand soap in my room

I liked the coffee machine in my room especially as the coffee served to me at breakfast was cold. The location was perfect for my course at the RSN

• Reviewed: January 23, 2019

A proper hotel
    • Traditional Room

Classic charm and really friendly staff. This is how a hotel should be. Great freshly cooked breakfast. Super evening dining. Big rooms with space to enjoy. Location next to the river and Hampton Court.

• Reviewed: January 17, 2019

Excellent location
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Although the four poster was impressive I actually couldn’t get into the bed without my husband pulling me up and I’m not old or infirm! There was a stain on the carpet and there was no obvious place to dry my hair and put on make up and I ended up standing by the window with my own mirror.

Great views across to Hampton Court and the river. Room was huge and it was very quiet but we were on the top floor.

• Reviewed: January 16, 2019

Great area, overall disappointing hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room

Hotel room was far to hot even with the radiator off making for a poor nights sleep. Only one option of pillow, too big and bulky. Only one small bottle of still water and one small sparkling, at least offer a large bottle or either considered the cost of the room. Also in need of some TLC to the decor, looks very unkept

Great positioning by the Thames, close to lots of great places to eat and drink plus Hampton Court Palace is in the doorstep.

• Reviewed: January 16, 2019

Terrific location and excellent staff.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Poor lighting in the bedroom.

Superb location across the road from Hampton Court Palace, close to railway station, handy for plenty of places to eat in the village but all this is topped by friendly and extremely helpful and thoughtful staff.

• Reviewed: January 15, 2019

Great Staff but needs up dating.
    • Traditional Room

The rooms and the decore were very dated and Jaded, the tiles in our bathroom were cracked and made it feel less then luxurious.

The Staff were excellent and attentive. Bath Robes and slippers were nice touch.

• Reviewed: January 13, 2019

Awful
    • Traditional Room

The place is faulty towers & dated. The receptionist Sabrina was great. Very poor dog eared furniture and the bedding was ripped and terrible the furniture was broken. The place was dirty and dusty.

• Reviewed: January 12, 2019

Ok.
    • Traditional Room

No atmosphere. Could be cleaner, the bar is terrible and the barman’s personal hygiene needs to be addressed. I would not class this a 4 star hotel.

• Reviewed: January 10, 2019

Pleasant and relaxing
    • Deluxe Double Room

It was a shame the restaurant seemed to treat customers as an inconvenience. There were 2 people dining as we arrived at the restaurant - we had booked a table but clearly didn't need to. Staff were no where to be seen for well over 5 minutes. When the young lady did arrive, she muttered an apology about having to take room service. After being seated with our drinks for around 5 minutes, 3 other staff appeared and proceeded to move furniture from the dining room into the function room next door. They did this through the external patio doors, leaving them open in between moving tables - it was 28th of December and very cold! The excuse given was that they had to set up for New Year's eve. I appreciate the need to move furniture around, particularly when you are preparing for a large function but you don't need to do that in the middle of service - why not do it during the afternoon when there is no one in? Or why not seat your diners in the upstairs dining room (where breakfast was served) so they don't have to sit with coats round themselves and in what ends up a half empty room with no atmosphere? This restaurant has the potential to be very good - we had starters and main course but didn't bother with dessert (we went to the pub next door for that) - as the food was very nice and they clearly have a competent chef. It's a shame that the front of house service let them down.

Excellent location for visiting Hampton Court. Comfortable room with lovely large bed. Very powerful shower which felt like you were having a massage. Good choice for breakfast and plenty of it.

• Reviewed: January 5, 2019

Great location, easy access and lovely outlook over river.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Great location on the river, good outlook over the river from restaurant, right next to Bushy Park too. Very close to the station for ease of getting in and out of London centre.

• Reviewed: January 3, 2019

Comfortableand convenient hotel with easy access to Hampton Court, the Train station and wi
    • Traditional Room

Not enough parking spaces if hotel is full, which it was

We stayed at the Mitre over the Christmas period and were very happy with both the accommodation and the staff, who were all very nice and helpful. Yes the Mitre is showing it age and is slightly more shabby than chic, but despite that it does have character and warmth, and does a nice breakfast . I would definitely stay there again

• Reviewed: January 1, 2019

Disappointing stay
    • Traditional Room

Listed as having a river view online, and we had a view of a wall. Staff did not really know how to handle this. The place needs updating has threadbare carpets No cosy bar to have a drink in. Breakfast was very late.

Comfy bed, lovely dressing gowns good location near river and good pubs

• Reviewed: January 1, 2019

Perfect way to start the new year off!
    • Exclusive Room

A few minor issues was that there aren’t any plug sockets next to the bed, our windows don’t open all the way and a we noticed a few ladybugs in the room. These issues however didn’t really affect our stay.

The location is absolutely outstanding, we love coming to Hampton Court and this is the perfect place to stay.

• Reviewed: December 31, 2018

A little slice of festive heaven

HAVING TO COME HOME !!!!

We were visiting our daughter for Christmas and staying in such a friendly little hotel made the holidays perfect . Our suite was spacious and every request we made had been met , the staff were helpful and friendly as have been on previous visits . Perfect location for us and highly recommended

• Reviewed: December 29, 2018

Excellent venue, comfortable bed, plenty of space and good...
    • Traditional Room

The guests in the room in the floor above me were very noisy! Asked staff to deal with it and they did nothing.

Excellent venue, comfortable bed, plenty of space and good sized bathroom.nicely decorated with lovely old feel to the place

• Reviewed: December 28, 2018

A friend has just telephoned to wish me a happy new year prior to a short stay in London I recommend

see above

We found the hotel excellent l in every way with one exception. I am disabled and mobility very difficult. I mentioned this during my initial booking but obviously failed to mention the degree of my disability. The Mitre has many stairways and we were on the 4th floor room 403.making movement rather an ordeal All this is entirely my fault and, I repeat, The Mitre is to be recommended to all able - bodied persons Yyours sincerely Anthony Fisher

• Reviewed: December 25, 2018

Pleasant hotel however bathrooms in need of a bit of refurbish but clean and
    • Traditional Room

Communication over breakfast timings on both days. I think they we’re struggling on staffing.

Large size room, very comfy beds, warm in room able to park at the front.

• Reviewed: December 20, 2018

Perfect location and accommodation for what we were looking for
    • Traditional Room

We were staying at the hotel for a friends surprise party so the location was ideal. Also great location to get to Hampton Court which was just across the road.

• Reviewed: December 16, 2018

The receptionist when we checked in was friendly enough but...
    • Deluxe Double Room

We were checked in to a room that was freezing cold and the radiator did not work. We were given a mobile heater which still didn’t work until eventually we were given enough radiator.

The receptionist when we checked in was friendly enough but when speaking to the manager about the lack of heating in our room she was very patronising.

• Reviewed: December 11, 2018

My stay was enjoyable, but the hotel needs some money spending on it in terms of decoration.
    • Traditional Room

The restaurant area is looking very tired and is in need of decoration and a new floor. The breakfast was very ordinary and the toast was made of thin sliced bread, so it was like Melba toast, maybe thats what it was.

The hotel location was good for the station and the Hampton Court area. The hotel was comfortable and had a olde-world character. The reception staff were helpful.

• Reviewed: December 6, 2018

Excellent and I will be returning
    • Traditional Room

The bed was extremely comfy, staff were very friendly and I had a lovely stay. Any request I made there were very accommodating and I was left alone to get on with work.

• Reviewed: December 5, 2018

Very enjoyable, we will definitely plan a return trip.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Some of the carpets and furnishings are a little tired looking.

The dinner was excellent and exceeded our expectations. Breakfast was also very good - lovely continental breakfast and freshly cooked hot food. The hotel is full of character and is in a great position - beside the River Thames and opposite Hampton Court Palace.

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

Room was pleasant, although bathroom a little disappointing. Dinner and breakfast nice. Good staff
    • Exclusive Room

Nice hotel but some things needed a bit of an update e.g bathroom, 80s chairs in a lovely restaurant which had wooden tables and table cloths.

Location was great, room was nice, spacious and clean. Restaurant was nice, although dessert choices very limited

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

We will be come img back A very nice hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room

More complementary shower soaps hair shampoo needed

Location is perfect nice view over looking river lovely room at bargain price with booking.com breakfast was not excluded in the price but we don't eat breakfast enyway so no proplem

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

Location as perfect for me, as well as price and comfort
    • Traditional Room

Nothing really. Just my remark above about having the option of an espresso.

The full English breakfast, even without black pudding, was very full indeed! I would have like to have had the option of an espresso coffee rather than just a pot of filter coffee. Otherwise all good.

• Reviewed: December 2, 2018

Suits those who want to experience living the countryside way. Loved everything about it
    • Traditional Room

Water taps are Seperate, hot and cold. You have to mix water in the basin like the old English way.

Amazing place, great location by the river, great for those who want to have the experience of living in an English context. The food is also great and the staff is sooo helpful. Will go back for sure.

Lovely location, friendly staff
    • Traditional Room

Bathroom let this place down as the room was a great size and great layout but the bathroom was haggered and a bit grubby, a real shame as everything else was great.

Lovely location, friendly staff

Badly managed hotel
    • Traditional Room

We were given a dirty room , full of dust and dirt on the carpet! They changed us to a second room that was no better! See photos , I found a pound under the writing desk along with the dirt.the bathroom was clean but the one we ended up in was bad as showed in the fotos ! Breakfast was a joke we waited half an hour for a tea and coffee that was cold and after an hour and fifteen minutes got our breakfast that wasn’t bad, no body was happy with the service and speaking to the other guests agreed that it reminded us of Fawlty towers, cold coffee and tea, no plates to get your toast, no butter !! Two people left without eating !

Location is perfect

• Reviewed: December 1, 2018

Convenient for our purpose on the night.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Hotel desperately needs refurbishment to meet its star rating. The decor is old fashioned, there is certainly no attention to detail: the dirty taps on the hand basin didn’t match, the toilet was not clean, a new heated towel rail had been fitted but the holes left from the previous one still remain and there is a difference in the colour of the wall behind the new one. The bedroom was dull, however the bed was comfortable. The communal areas were showing signs of being too well worn and the dining room and bar area,whilst having a beautiful view of the river, were desperately in need of TLC. The carpet in reception and in the hallways was in need of a good vacuum cleaner. We were not impressed when a member of the cleaning staff entered our room while we were in bed, but due must be given to the fact that the staff member did knock briefly.

The location was excellent.

• Reviewed: December 1, 2018

Very convenient location, but lack of attention/investment very evident on this stay.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Very dated and worn decor, very grubby - especially floors/carpets. Hot water issues ongoing due to electric tripping. Number of staff seemed reduced for the actual requirements of the hotel. Breakfast buffet very limited.

Great breakfast pastries. Some staff are exceptional at trying to do their best for you and multi task on all requests.

A lovely one night stay to visit Hampton Court Palace
    • Traditional Room

The room was a bit on the warm side but rather too warm than too cold.

The room was spacious and the bed comfortable. Even though the bathroom was a bit tired looking, it was spacious and the shower was excellent with lots of hot water. The staff were friendly and professional and the breakfast was plentiful and of good quality. Best of all was the location, right on the river and opposite Hampton Court Palace and within a few minutes from the station. Would definitely stay here again

• Reviewed: December 1, 2018

Lovely staff, fabulous location and very comfortable.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The only downside was that the hotel is in need of some TLC especially the bathroom in our room.

All the staff were so helpful and friendly especially the reception staff. The room was very spacious and comfortable. The breakfasts were amazing! We also ate in the restaurant in the evening on one occasion and found the food to be very good.

• Reviewed: November 30, 2018

• Traditional Room

Cold water in the morning. Dirty water glass in bathroom. Creaking floorboards leading to being disturbed by upstairs guests. Staff unable to sufficiently compensate for poor experience.

Location. Opposite Hampton Court Palace and near train station

• Reviewed: November 27, 2018

Although the hotel might need some refurbishment in the...
    • Deluxe Double Room

My only niggle was the small table at breakfast; but the view of the Thames is fabulous!

Although the hotel might need some refurbishment in the future, it was spacious, very clean, the food hot, the staff attentive and helpful and breakfast was good. Our room was 'roomy', comfortable and very clean. The bed was very comfy and huge! Shower good in a spacious bathroom with plenty of hot water. The room had everything we needed and although we only stayed for two nights we would happily have stayed for longer. The hotel has a good pub next door and is right opposite Hampton Court Palace. Across the bridge the railway station takes you straight to Waterloo. Brilliant. Although there is limited 'charged' parking outside the hotel, you can leave your keys at Reception and they will double park your car with other resident's vehicles if necessary. Plus, if there is no space to park outside the hotel, you can use the railway station car park (across the bridge) but I am not sure of the charges. The bus stop is also near by and as my daughter lives in St Margaret's,between Richmond and Twickenham, it is a convenient journey by bus to travel to her flat. I think it's the R68!! The hotel has a well stocked library and you can find tea bags etc in there should you need extra for your room.....!!

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

Very pleasant stay, restaurants within walking distance. Nice pub next door. Staff were friendly.
    • Traditional Room

The floor boards creek severely throughout the hotel. This kept us awake on both nights until the residents in the room above had gone to bed.

Breakfast was excellent and was enjoyed in pleasant surroundings overlooking the Thames Bed was very comfortable

• Reviewed: November 23, 2018

Very nice location and excellent breakfast.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The large room we had (the Catherine Parr suite) was rather cold and the hotel could not provide a blow heater to remedy this. The hot water was only just hot enough for a bath.

Very nice location and excellent breakfast.

• Reviewed: November 22, 2018

Good in parts.
    • Traditional Room

Dining room could have been better arranged to make more of the view and the windows were dirty. Key fob didn’t work and the shower packed up.

Great location lovely room and excellent breakfast

• Reviewed: November 20, 2018

I liked it even though the room was not cleaned and I would go back.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

My room was not made up on our next day, so we made our own bed and cleaned the cups also had to phone down for the extra tea making equipment.

the location was fabulous and the staff very nice. I would go back again, but not to the same room it was a little noisy for my personal taste.

• Reviewed: November 20, 2018

Fantastic location to visit Hampton Court Palace.
    • Traditional Room

Room 210 at the back of hotel. Toilet very, very badly stained. Bathroom needs an update. 1st night no bath mat and only 1 hand towel (2 people staying). 3 of the curtains were off their rails in the bedroom. Had to ask for tea, milk and biscuits which were not replaced on 2nd day.

Fantastic location to visit Hampton Court Palace. Staff very helpful. Very comfortable beds. The Swan, pub next door had lovely food.

• Reviewed: November 19, 2018

Loved the location.
    • Deluxe Double Room

If my room had been ready earlier. I waited 1 1/2 in the lobby, until 4 PM.

Loved the location. Great breakfast. Friendly staff. Very charming old hotel.

• Reviewed: November 13, 2018

Room was ok with a large comfortable bed.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Gereral atomosphere was rather dull. Parking was difficult. Bar was very poor with feeble selection of beers and no ale. Disappointed at limited dinner choices

Room was ok with a large comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: November 13, 2018

Staff are wonderful but the hotel needs updating
    • Deluxe Double Room

The hotel is very tired, cold and the restaurant is extremely unwelcoming. Which is a terrible shame as you could see that with a bit of TLC this hotel could be five star.

The staff were lovely and helpful. The location is magnificent.

• Reviewed: November 12, 2018

We enjoyed our stay very much as was a lovely anniversary
    • Deluxe Double Room

Would have liked some decaf tea in the room (though I must admit I did not request any). Breakfast service was lacking on our second morning. First morning was great. Forgot our drinks order and took a long while to take our food order. Then the breakfast itself took well in excess of 30mins to arrive after being ordered whilst other guests who had ordered after us were getting their food before us.

Loved the bed size and comfort. Shower was fab. Everything was clean and tidy.

• Reviewed: November 12, 2018

• Traditional Room

The hotel decor is rather dated and the bathroom although clean needs upgrading

Fantastic location on the river but with the train station less than 5 minutes away

• Reviewed: November 10, 2018

Over all I enjoyed my stay.
    • Traditional Room

Had window open but room far to hot to sleep. Although the radiator off common areas far to hot. Bathroom shabby and found long hairs in basin plug hole.

Location. Breakfast room.

• Reviewed: November 9, 2018

Old and tired hotel - expensive for what you get
    • Deluxe Double Room

- Very old and tired hotel - Heater was not working - Toilette flush was not working - Matraze in bed must be decades old - Dark and old room

- Location was good (if visiting Hampton)

• Reviewed: November 8, 2018

Highly recommended
    • Deluxe Double Room

I've stayed here before because I love the location & setting right on the river near to Hampton Court. The hotel has character and makes a lovely change from the usual soulless chain hotels. The rooms are large comfortable & stylish with character and nice lighting. There are lovely extra luxurious touches such as bathrobes, large thick towels, towel rail, slippers and toiletries. The shower was one of the best, most powerful, that I've found in a hotel. There was a safe, iron, hairdryer & mini fridge - all you could need. The bar & restaurant has river views. I would highly recommend.

• Reviewed: November 8, 2018

Fab location, lovely although dated room, superb breakfast
    • Exclusive Room

Room was “tired” needs decorating and new carpet . One female member of waiting on staff was quite room on the day we are at lunchtime. Tried to order a coffee and mistakenly gone done downstairs to the brassiere which was closed but there was no signage indicating this. Waitress unhelpful so we left and bought coffee elsewhere

Reception staff were excellent. Male ( head??) waiter in restaurant at breakfast was superb as was the breakfast itself. Room location and view was super (401)

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

Great location Spacious comfortable room. Lots of character
    • Traditional Room

Dishes for cereal, toasting machine,new staff needed more training

There was a very good choice of fruit meats & cheese + croissants = Plus extensive cooked food Good view of Thames from dining room

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

Character hotel, in a great location

The bedroom door had to be re-programmed before I could access my room upon arrival. I booked an executive room and the window was stuck open (thankfully it was not right next to the bed), it was not possible to turn on the radiator and the heated towel rail. Stayed two nights and the room was only half made-up. Soap and snacks were replaced, towels tidied but the bed was not made and any rubbish not cleared away. The bar ran out of draft beer and had very limited alternatives. Thank goodness for the Mute Swan next door.

The hotel location and views were great and for the area it was value for money compared with other hotel prices. It is a hotel with character rather than a modern hotel, but the bed was very comfortable and the shower was amazing! The robe and slippers were a nice touch and the staff were all helpful throughout the stay.

• Reviewed: November 4, 2018

NICE!!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Change of management and no heating in the rooms or bar nor restaurant until after 5:30pm. Sitting in the bar and restaurant was COLD. Breakfast on the Saturday morning was chaotic and not well planned. The food was always excellent, however and the service was extremely pleasant. Parking is also a nightmare as cars must be double parked and if you are locked in, sometimes reception has the keys and sometimes not. Location is SUPER and the place looks great from outside, however inside it all looks old and a bit decrepit. The girl told it was all new management in just now, hence no beers on tap etc.

• Reviewed: November 1, 2018

A lovely place to be including location.

Everything was good.

Exceptionally friendly & supportive staff, delicious, well presented food, spacious room, extremely comfy bed & a joy to stay there.

• Reviewed: October 30, 2018

For our visit to Hampton Court Palace the location was...
    • Traditional Room

Car parking facilities were very limited and required the you left your car keys with receptionist so staff could move your vehicle if required

For our visit to Hampton Court Palace the location was fantastic literally just across the road

• Reviewed: October 29, 2018

The location close to where i wanted to visit.
    • Traditional Room

Door lock didnt work, had to use the master key. Room neede a very good clean. The hotel seems unfinished and very dated. Breakfast service slow and food lukewarm

The location close to where i wanted to visit. Next to a a very friendly pub with excellent food. Bed very comfortable

• Reviewed: October 27, 2018

Fantastic location for a visit to Hampton court and walks...
    • Exclusive Room

No draught beer available in the hotel bar - member of staff was run off his feet having to go downstairs to serve us drinks.

Fantastic location for a visit to Hampton court and walks along the Thames. Good parking space in front of hotel, only short walk across the bridge to lots of cafes and restaurants. Great for a few days break.

• Reviewed: October 25, 2018

Great stay but breakfast was disastrous!
    • Traditional Room

Breakfast was a shambles. Tables not cleared hot tea ( luke warm really) and toast (very cheap bread used) slow to come. Biggest complaint that the continental buffet breakfast was almost empty - not replenished - still with an hour of breakfast service to go. Staff seemed clueless with no direction. Bit more calm and order day 2 with staff bit more clued up. For a 4 star hotel pretty shocking. We were going to eat in the restaurant one night but after the breakfast saga decided against it. Should be so much better but staff are key.

Clean room and bathroom and comfortable bed. Reception staff helpful and friendly. Super location next to the Thames and right across the road from Hampton Court Palace. Good bus access to Kingston.

• Reviewed: October 25, 2018

Well located for a visit to Hampton Court as it is directly opposite the entrance.
    • Traditional Room

Being an older property the squeaky floor boards from the room above disturbed sleep. Some aspects of room cleaning were inadequate We only ate one meal in the hotel which was very mediocre considering the price.

Bed very comfortable. Room spacious. Excellent location.

• Reviewed: October 23, 2018

Very disapointed about the food service.
    • Deluxe Double Room

FOOD: Ordered room service in the evening, in the time stated on the menu. 10 minutes later we were told, with no reason given that the chef wasn't doing sandwiches tonigh? Breakfast: cold coffee, empty buffet bar with an hour and a half to go! asked if we cold order breakfast, told yes will be back to take your order. We waited so long we walked out!

The room was a quite and comfy as we remember from last time we stayed there. The staff when we booked In/out were lovely.

• Reviewed: October 22, 2018

The location and views were amazing.
    • One-Bedroom Suite

The breakfast was very poor. There was very little choice for the continental selection and cooked breakfast was an extra charge and of a poor standard. Cold coffee, no cutlery and fruit and pastries running out even though restaurant wasn’t busy. If booking this hotel, I would definitely book room only as there are plenty of places nearby to eat. This is a real shame as it could be the most amazing hotel. I do hope they manage to sort out the problems.

The location and views were amazing. rooms very spacious.

• Reviewed: October 22, 2018

Great location, room cleaning not to good, cups and teapot...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Great location, room cleaning not to good, cups and teapot not washed, pods for coffee not replaced. Staff very friendly and polite. Enjoyed our stay would come again. Thank you.

• Reviewed: October 21, 2018

Beautiful hotel perfect location Room beautifu bed...
    • Traditional Room

Only thing I can complain about was the clean but stained toilet don't they use timescale remover it works a treat other than that great place oh and had to ask for tea Bags only catered for coffee drinkers very well I may say though

Beautiful hotel perfect location Room beautifu bed & bedlinen very comfy fresh towels soft , toiletries , imacculately clean friendly helpful staff would and will stay there again

• Reviewed: October 15, 2018

We would stay at the Mitre again if came back to this area again.
    • Deluxe Double Room

I thought our room would have had a view but we didn’t but our room opened on to a court yard which would have been nice to sit out in, if the weather had permitted.

The staff were friendly and very helpful.

• Reviewed: October 15, 2018

We were delighted with almost everything in the hotel.
    • Traditional Room

We were delighted with almost everything in the hotel. We loved the room, the beds,bedding,towels, breakfast.we would definitely recommend it and will stay there again.

• Reviewed: October 13, 2018

The suite was lovely, comfortable and spacious with a 4...
    • One-Bedroom Suite

the staff were all amateurish and need some customer training breakfast was very poor and so was the dining room - the massive imposing room divider needs removing and the bar needs relocating so diners can overlook the river

The suite was lovely, comfortable and spacious with a 4 poster bed