Reviews of Motel One Glasgow

78-82 Oswald Street , Central Glasgow, Glasgow, G1 4PL , United Kingdom

#2 of 81 hotels in Glasgow

9.7

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: November 18, 2018

I would highly recommend this hote

I was happy with everything

Very comfortable bed. The croissants were fresh and the dining area was luxurious and very modern offer amazing views of Glasgow.

• Reviewed: November 18, 2018

Glasgow it was an absolute pleasure as always. Hotel speculator💕

Wow just wow. This hotel was a bargain find. It had everything we could want for our stay. Totally chique reception,lounge/bar area. Glamorous and sophiscated without killing the budget. Loved it loved it loved it.

• Reviewed: November 17, 2018

Downstairs communal area and bar
    • Queen Room

No phone in room. Guests in next room were inappropriately loud at 4am and we were unable to contact staff directly as we did not have mobile phone or landline access.

Downstairs communal area and bar

• Reviewed: November 15, 2018

Great location lovely staff would definitely use the hotel again.

Could have had drinking water in the room.

The room was lovely .clean and great view from 12th floor.reception bar area was lovely .loved the sheep lol

• Reviewed: November 15, 2018

Bed was very comfortable.
    • Queen Room

Room was a little on the small size. Tea making didn't have a proper area with not much sugar and no biscuits.

Bed was very comfortable. Whole hotel was very clean. Staff were all very friendly. Location couldn't be better.

• Reviewed: November 15, 2018

Almost everything - location, price, beds, ‘big hotel’ feel.
    • Queen Room

Always a bit under staffed in the bar late at night - slow service and dirty glasses everywhere.

Almost everything - location, price, beds, ‘big hotel’ feel.

• Reviewed: November 14, 2018

Would definitely stay again. Especially if there's a dip in the room tariff.

I didn't like the fact there were wasn't a services room on the floor of such a large hotel, and especially the fact that I had to carry both an ironing board and iron to my room from reception, into a crowded lift and then along the corridor to my room (second but furthest from the lift area). I thought that perhaps that would have been something that would have been brought to my room following my request to reception. I specifically didn't like being told to return it that evening as soon as I was done.

The location is ideal and I liked the fact that, despite only booking about 2 hours in advance, I got exactly the type of room I was looking for and where it was situated in the hotel. The bathroom is of a particularly high standard - despite one of the coat hooks on the rear of the door already having been missed (and I understand the property has only been open a few weeks).

Glasgow concert/slayer.

4+⭐️ at 3⭐️prices, beautiful reception, rooms are modern well finished and easy to use with quiet air conditioning. My room was small but easy enough for a couple having a few days break, hotel probably has other size rooms but i didn’t need to look into that as 2 of us had a room each.

Overall excellent!

No draft beer in bar. Breakfast a bit expensive. Lead on kettle very short (difficult to plug in and put on table at same time).

Used to stay at Premier Inn on West Nile St., but will definitely be staying at Motel One from now. Soundproofing excellent. Bed super comfortable. Very convenient for station.

• Reviewed: November 13, 2018

A great stopover in Glasgow in November

Perfect next to Central Station. The decor was first rate with simple touches like anglepoise lamps in the rooms. The reception and lounge was very welcoming and relaxing

• Reviewed: November 13, 2018

Very nice hotel, excellently situated, would definitely stay here again
    • Queen Room

Room became a little too warm overnight. As it's November the air-conditioning is switched off so we had to open the window, which was a bit noisy but otherwise very nice hotel. Would definitely stay here again.

Excellent location, right next to Central Station. Very clean, modern good-looking hotel.

Superb location

Nothing to complain about

Staff were welcoming. Comfortable room and bed. We had a room at the back so it was very peaceful! Location is fantastic-central to everything!

Nice city centre stay

Staff weren’t always at the bar during the day, there isn’t a lot of storage space but fine for a couple of days.

Very clean, comfy bed, brilliant view.

Will definitely use Motel One again
    • Queen Room

The hotel was ideal for our short stay. The staff were friendly and helpful, the rooms comfortable with with a good shower The bar area downstairs was comfortable and welcoming

• Reviewed: November 12, 2018

Best value in Glasgow City Centre!

No phone in room. Had to take 12 floors to go and ask for an iron and ironing board and get it myself. Rooms could be just a teeny bit bigger but I knew they would be small.

Everything else! Hotel is great. New, modern, spotless. Lovely friendly staff, amazing value, great position. Massive comfy bed, great shower and nice tv too. Check out was 12pm which is great but they do late check out for £10 an hour or even will do you a deal if more than one hour!

• Reviewed: November 12, 2018

Absolutely loved the decor of this hotel.

Rooms are a bit on the small side but this isn’t an issue if you aren’t spending a lot of time in the room.

Absolutely loved the decor of this hotel. Very modern. Lovely bar/reception area to have a nice cocktail in. Beds were super comfy! Location could not have been better. Right across from the station. Staff were lovely also. No issues at check in and they even kept our cases safe the next day whilst we went out.

Absolute joy

The bathroom is a little crowded if more than one person is in.

This is the second Motel-One hotels I've stayed in, and it is absolutely beautiful the way they put everything together. I love the lobby and its location, which is perfect as we arrived quite late with train, and the weather was not as good, and we quickly settled down here just because how close it is to the train station. Love the receptionists and all the staff, lots of patience and clear instructions. We got a bigger room despite the fact that we did not ask for one, and it was really nice to have that much space. We were up in level 8, and it was a beautiful view in the morning. Loads of windows and sunlight.

• Reviewed: November 11, 2018

Bad experience with our dirty towels been hung up for us to...

Bad experience with our dirty towels been hung up for us to use again even though they were on the floor. Didn’t realise until we used them again. Awful thing to happen never experience it anywhere before. Mentioned it to the staff who just said you should have just called for new towels. We would have if we had know!!! Really not good service

• Reviewed: November 11, 2018

Just what I needed, a good sleep

Can’t say I didn’t like anything. I stayed one night and all good

I really liked how the Motel looked. Bang up to date style and rooms larger than I expected. Real comfortable bed and spotlessly clean 👍

• Reviewed: November 9, 2018

A lot better than expected for the price.

Was only a short stay and didn't try breakfast but no issues I can think of.

Exceeded my expectations. Good price for Saturday night. Very modern and stylish hotel in the City Centre.

• Reviewed: November 9, 2018

The motel is in a perfect position for shops which was the reason I was there plus .

The only thing that was a bit of a problem was the fact that when sitting down in the lounge having a drink I had to go up one level to the mezzanine floor to get a toilet and as I previously mentioned being disabled this was a problem you cannot leave going to the last minute.

The bed was so comfortable and big that I didn’t want to get out of it. As I have mobility problems the shower was perfect for getting in and out of couldn’t ask for better.

• Reviewed: November 9, 2018

Excellent, will definitely stay again 😊
    • Queen Room

Our room could've been bigger. I have stayed in many hotels but this is the first one I've stayed in where there has been no wardrobe or phone in the room, although it was no big issue but it would've been an advantage.

It was in an excellent location, right next to the train station. The staff were very friendly and helpful. It had a relaxed atmosphere.

Glasgow Motel One stay
    • Queen Room

Although midweek the hotel was busy due to football visitors so hotel should have anticipated this and resourced the bar with sufficient staff. Despite the pressure the guy on the bar was polite and cheerful though :)

Very central location. Lovely room with good charging points, comfortable bed and nice and quiet. Bar area is pleasant to be in although service was slow due to insufficient staffing levels for number of visitors.

The hotel lobby/bar area was great as were the staff

Breakfast, £9.50 is steep for a continental breakfast and the area isn't big enough if the hotel is busy

The hotel lobby/bar area was great as were the staff

• Reviewed: November 9, 2018

Good location,modern hotel but not quite ready for paying guests!

Room temperature

The room was very cold in the evening. No ability to adjust room temperature. The only thing available from staff was another quilt. At 5pm in the evening I do t feel having to sit in your room wrapped in a duvet to keep warm is acceptable.

• Reviewed: November 9, 2018

Nice stay, but don't advertise smart tv's and wi fi when neither are working

hotel was nice, but wifi not working and neither was the supposedly smart tv. This meant i ended up using lots of 4g to watch tv online. Also there is no facility to buy food or drinks or heat up food. I know it is a budget hotel but in many budget hotels there are facilites to heat up food and vending machines to buy drinks. I had to pay £3.50 for a bottle of water!

nice common areas, very clean, really lovely staff.

Room was very modern and comfortable
    • Queen Room

The shower head was quite low - seemed to be room for disabled person. I would have preferred option of cooked breakfast also.

Room was very modern and comfortable

• Reviewed: November 8, 2018

Great location, very modern and lovely place.

Staffs keep opening the room even though there’s was no disturb sign on the door, while sleeping. Took the no disturb sign off the door and threw it in the room..

Great location, very modern and lovely place.

• Reviewed: November 8, 2018

Brilliant, would stay again and location next to main station makes it a great choice for a visit.

Hot breakfast option would have been nice but staff explained this on arrival and offered advice on local 24 hour locations if needed. Local NCP parking was a little pricey but there were others a little further away which may have been cheaper.

Quiet rooms, very comfortable bed and excellent location. Great bar area and breakfast although only continental offered was very good quality and choice.

• Reviewed: November 7, 2018

Confy and nice! I would come back

Just a minor comment: one day I could not find any towel in the bathroom. The staff was super helpful and provided them to me really fast. Another day the room was a bit freezing as a window was left open, possibly by cleaners. Nothing serious, and it did not affect my staying, but I think it could be good to report.

Extremely nice staff, always kind and helpful. Very comfortable room with a strategic location.

Fab hotel.

No issues at all.

Location excellent. Map made it look further out but it in great place. Lovely staff.. lovely hotel. Rooms very clean. Equipped with all you need.

• Reviewed: November 6, 2018

I love the modern and beautiful surroundings at Motel One!
    • Queen Room

The surroundings are comfy - cozy - classy - homy and modern, not just the room but also the lobby, bar and breakfast area. The staff is very helpful and always has a kind smile for you. I was very surprise for how fancy Motel one is, compared to the price I paid.

• Reviewed: November 6, 2018

Great stay but wasn't happy about the amount of time I had to spend waiting on bar staff to turn up

Went to the bar for a drink at about 9.30 there was a gentleman at the bar waiting to get served. But there were no one serving he walked away. I waited about 8 more minutes no one came to serve I went to reception there were two girls there I asked to speak to the floor manager they said there wasn't one I told them I want to speak to a manager about no bar staff at the bar and a customer had walked away not good for hotel reputation. The receptionists then came to the bar and served me

Great location clean and modern nice bar

• Reviewed: November 6, 2018

The hotel is very central and looks nice on the inside and...
    • Queen Room

No parking even tho I made booking for a parking space and ended paying £100, the cleaning during our stay was quite poor as well as the only things done were the bed, changed towels and hoovering. No cleaning in the bathroom or table etc.

The hotel is very central and looks nice on the inside and on the outside

• Reviewed: November 6, 2018

Excellent location, modern setup, much better than expected and good value for money.

Room was a bit on the small side, partly because of the large comfortable bed, as was the bathroom but adequate for my stay. Hotel parking would have been better, although the nearby NCP car park was fine.

Room was very clean and bed was very comfortable. Ideal for my requirements - overnight stay. Staff were all very pleasant and courteous.

• Reviewed: November 6, 2018

Bed was comfortable and pillows were extra comfy room a...

Rooms too small and too hot

Bed was comfortable and pillows were extra comfy room a little too hot despite turning heating off and a slightly on the small side. However lovely staff and good location

• Reviewed: November 6, 2018

it was great value for money, more than we expected with very central location
    • Queen Room

I didn't like the shower with the disability facilities. I would have preferred a different breakfast, not continental

I liked the quirky lobby at reception. I liked that they had a late bar. I liked that you could pay for later check out. I liked the way the TV had our name on it. Security was good at the front entrance of hotel where you had to use room key.

Compact design hotel

Slightly over designed, some abuse of design icons.

The location is excellent, literally next to Glasgow main station and within walking distance to the centre. The rooms are brand new, modern, well designed. Breakfast is not extravagant but just what you need to start a fantastic day.

Great place

The beds are a little on the hard side with hard pillows also

Lovely staff & quick check in Hotel is very modern, the reception/bar area looks great Very central location

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

Someone entered our room after room service was carried out...
    • Queen Room

Someone entered our room after room service was carried out which we were uneasy about .The person did not expect anyone to be there,this was reported to staff.

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

Really amazing hotel for the value, amazing location in the...
    • Queen Room

That there was no fridge in the room.

Really amazing hotel for the value, amazing location in the city centre, room was nice and clean and the bed was nice and comfy

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

Very Satisfied great stay at a lovely hotel with a great location

Hotel was very modern very comfy bed excellent shower great selection at bar. Staff very friendly and very helpful great location fabulous hotel for price paid will definitely be staying here again

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

Great location, staff lovely and welcoming.

Small gripe but the bath towels were tiny 🙈 had to try and hide my modesty

Great location, staff lovely and welcoming. Breakfast great, worth paying the extra for.

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

Nice hotel at the right price!
    • Queen Room

Some of the guests were a little discourteous though - standing in the entry doors which meant they stayed opened allowing cold air and their cigarette smoke to blow in the the entire reception area. Nothing against smokers, just don't want to share! The staff seemed oblivious to this despite it going on for a long time (well over 30 minutes on and off).

Felt like a really good quality hotel on a budget price. Very happy, so close to Central station.

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

The friendly staff and the cosy bright and quirky

No draught beer in the bar...not a show stopper. Enjoyed the warm atmosphere in the bar/reception area. Will definitely return.

The friendly staff and the cosy bright and quirky ambiance of the hotel.

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

Great location, stylish interiors, amazing staff.

I wouldn't say the breakfast was good value for money, no hot options apart from a boiled egg. Also the air conditioning only had options auto, off, 10,20,30 and seemed to be putting hot air out no matter what I did,very warm room.

Great location. Lovely stylish reception and room,staff were lovely and very friendly.

• Reviewed: November 4, 2018

Everything you want and more

Had to get a disabled room which was no problem, bed was massive and super comfy, wet room with shower was great, surprisingly not noisy despite being next to Central station. Rooms beautifully decorated. My new go to hotel for Glasgow the location is also superb.

• Reviewed: November 4, 2018

Modern, clean hotel in a great location

If I'm going to be picky, the room was hot and the air con did not seem to be connected. The room was also a bit cramped for two with not that much space around the bed. Breakfast was alright, but could have been better for the price. Unfortunately, my mum died 4 days after our stay which has tinged the memory of the hotel with sadness....

Pleasant staff, spotlessly clean, modern, great shower, convenient location, very close to the central train station, tour bus and amenities. Very good value for money, budget price, but not budget hotel.

• Reviewed: November 4, 2018

Great location, good atmosphere, clean and comfy room - style and substance
    • Queen Room

Room was small but not complaining about it for an overnight stay Parking is possible in nearby streets but only to 10 am next day Secure parking is quite expensive but I believe the hotel discounts it and it’s very located for public transport

Very comfortable bed Stylish bathroom Adequate power points Multi channel tv with European stations Bar area Noise insulation

Clean , fresh enjoyable stay

Lack of vegan options is definitely not too good. Breakfast for more than 9.00 pounds should contain something better than defrosted bakery/croissant .

cheese and coffee. Staff kind and helpful , hotel clean and well designed .

• Reviewed: November 4, 2018

Great value and staff, beds quite hard and rooms small

Room temp was too warm Beds just too hard for my preference Room very small, not ideal for a 2 year old Lack of food options and no room service

Great location Fantastic price Friendly helpful staff Clean room Good curtains Minimal street noise

• Reviewed: November 3, 2018

Cute, modern hotel steps away from everything you want!

Parking wasn't great but given the location that's understandable.

Lovely place to stay, right in the city centre. The gentleman who checked us in was very kind and upgraded us upon hearing it was our honeymoon! Rooms were lovely, clean and comfortable. Very nice decor, I loved the lobby - it was very modern and sleek but also very Scottish! Check out was very quick as well.

• Reviewed: November 3, 2018

The room was very warm and you couldn’t feel the air conditioning unless standing in the direction of the air conditioning. A member of staff who was taking photos told a customer to have his drink somewhere else without a please or thank you. Room was very very small for £84.00 per night. Receptionist was lovely (can’t remember her name) Lift could apparently hold 36 people (there were 5 people in the lift at a squeeze.) Location was great. Room was clean but the size and price wasn’t great. For £84 not to include breakfast is strange given that you could go to another hotel in Glasgow city centre and pay a little more for a bigger room and breakfast, not best pleased. I guess it would be ideal and purposeful for business travellers but price wise again wouldn’t appeal if I was on business and staying for a week for example.

Location Reception Staff

• Queen Room

I added a breakfast as I forgot when booking. Rather expensive for continental only.

Great location. Room was clean with all I needed. Staff were excellent, friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: November 1, 2018

we had a great stay will be back
    • Queen Room

The hotel did not have any room phones so if there was an emergency you would not be able to contact reception.

staff and location were excellent. there was a vibrant feeling about the hotel.

Good value for money in city centre, 2 mins from station
    • Queen Room

Drinks prices in the bar are pricey.

It was very modern and great location. Staff were extremely welcoming and friendly. Despite being in the city centre , it was very quiet. Reception area was large with a variety of modern furniture. Room size was good, with large bed and flat screen tv. Bathroom nicely fitted out with a walk in shower.

Glasgow weekend stay

Hotel had a great location in the city centre of Glasgow and very close to Glasgow Central station for us to get the train out to the Hydro. Staff were very friendly and good to deal with.

Comfortable, secure & central
    • Queen Room

There was nothing i didn't like.

Perfect location , staff were very friendly and helpful. They accommodated us for an early check in and kept our bags for us in the lobby on our last day to explore. The hotel lights up blue in the evenings , which we found most helpful to find our way back to. Reception and bar 24hrs . Central location perfect for getting around the city. Would recommend and I would stay here again.

• Reviewed: November 1, 2018

Perfect stylish hotel for a weekend in Glasgow. Location, rooms and bar were all amazing!

Rooms were a little small, but perfect for a weekend away.

Great location, and perfect for a weekend away. The hotel was super stylish and the room was a great price. Fantastic evening bar, with great cocktail menu. Particularly enjoyed the margaritas!

• Reviewed: November 1, 2018

Easy to find, comfortable, relaxing.

I didn't go for breakfast with my room and found out there that it was around 9 pounds or so each morning. I found this to be a little too much for my liking. However I didn't try it so I can't say whether it would have been worth that price.

The bed was very comfortable. The room was very well soundproofed, a little noise from outside coming through the window but didn't hear anything from my surrounding rooms.

• Reviewed: November 1, 2018

Great addition to the hotel choice in Glasgow.

The breakfast space struggled with numbers at the peak time of 8am. No desk in the room so you have to use your laptop......well, on your lap!

Nice new hotel right in the city centre next to Glasgow Central Station. Great public space to meet and have a drink. Not the largest rooms but well equipped with power sockets and USB charging ports by the bed (very useful).

• Reviewed: October 31, 2018

Lovely bathroom and great shower, good range of continental...
    • Queen Room

The pillows were all the same and too thick for comfort. A variety of thick or thin, firm or soft would have been better . The air conditionjng was a bit fiddly.

Lovely bathroom and great shower, good range of continental breakfast at a fair price. Staff were extremely helpful and knowledgeable

• Reviewed: October 31, 2018

Our go to hotel next time we visit Glasgow.

Lovely motel so handy for all the shops and restaurants. Bus stops across the road and the bar area is great to sit and watch the world go by also a selection of bottled beers ,no draught. The rooms are on the small side but very comfy bed and quality bedding,also the bathroom is good nice shower loved the thick white towels. All areas very clean.

Stay in Glasgow
    • Queen Room

Couldn't have just coffee and toast at breakfast, had to pay for a whole breakfast £9.bit steep,

Staff very friendly, from front desk to housekeeping.

• Reviewed: October 31, 2018

As expected from previous experiences, great staff and ideal for short stays.

It is a small room, but it is more than adequate for short stays.

I have used this chain in a number of locations across Europe. It is always good quality, good value, and what I love is that the price is fixed and you can cancel. A great place to book as soon as you can. Also a few small things - like sockets and USB charging points that are convenient to get to.

Location is excellent!

The rooms are very small and there was barely enough space between the bottom of the bed and the wall.

Location is excellent! Right next to the river and Glasgow Central train station.

• Reviewed: October 30, 2018

Excellent location, staff are really friendly and let us...

TV could have more English channels

Excellent location, staff are really friendly and let us keep our bags at the hotel after we checked-out so we could go shopping etc. Room was spotless.

• Reviewed: October 30, 2018

Excellent hotel and exceeded my expectations

I would have liked a small fridge in the room but that's a personal choice and certainly not reason enough not to book here again. No complementary bottle of water but again, personal choice and if you join their awards scheme (which I did) next stay the water is included.

The hotel is in a fantastic location. A 1 min walk to the Train Station (central) and Taxi stand, and 3 min walk of the shopping district. The hotel is spotlessly clean and although the room was small, it was tastefully decorated and provided a (decent!) hairdryer, toiletries that were all organic and Bio, tea and coffee facilities. It has a great bar and lounge area and the staff are wonderfully friendly and professional. I would stay again and also try the other hotels in the chain.

Excellant

The only recommendation I could offer is, it would be good to ensure the tables are cleared at breakfast for any latecomers to have their breakfast.

My husband and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at your hotel and will certainly book again for future overnight stays in Glasgow. We will also recommend your hotel to our friends and family.

• Reviewed: October 30, 2018

Would recommend hotel for a short stay but not for anything longer than one night.

The room size was extremely small and difficult to move around when trying to pass each other. Bed was also small. Mirror had a wardrobe bar across the front of it just at the height I needed to see for doing hair. Not enough storage areas for clothing and toiletries.

The reception area and bar were fabulous, very modern and welcoming. Staff exceptionally helpful.

• Reviewed: October 30, 2018

Good for a short stay in the city
    • Queen Room

The room was extremely small, and dark (colour choice of walls and carpet). The TV is great, but it is very close to your face. You can see where they save saved on cost. However, this is advertised as a ‘budget’ hotel. The room has everything in it which you need, as as I said the bed is comfortable.

Great location and friendly staff. Bed was very comfortable. Room had all amenities you would expect (expect a phone). Quiet

Perfetto

We decided to buy breakfast on the last day but unfortunately it was not great. Taste was nice but a very poor choice for vegetarians and missing plates and cutlery.

I love the room decor, amazing. Staff was lovely and always friendly. Room was beautiful and cosy and big! I loved the view and the central position is absolutely perfect. Loved it!

Location, location, location
    • Queen Room

You must leave before 2pm from your room if you want it to be serviced. On one occasion we left at 1.30pm but it was unfortunately not serviced at all.

The best location you can get for a central weekend (or longer) trip in Glasgow. Modern and spotless hotel. The downstairs bar appears to be a local social and is priced well. Friendly and professional staff.

• Reviewed: October 29, 2018

Stylish hotel very well located and friendly staff - amazing...

It’s being picky but that’s a good sign - flatter pillows option and draft beer would be good

Stylish hotel very well located and friendly staff - amazing window view of city

• Reviewed: October 29, 2018

Comfortable stay in a new hotel in a good central location.
    • Queen Room

Pillows were not to my liking - far too bulky and couldn’t get to sleep because of this. Cost of the continental breakfast was expensive which meant we didn’t eat at all in the hotel.

Hotel was brand new - reception area, lounge area and bar area all really comfortable spaces to relax. Rooms clean and comfortable too. Staff were all friendly and nothing too much trouble.