Reviews of My Chelsea 4 stars

35 Ixworth Place, Kensington and Chelsea, London, SW3 3QX, United Kingdom

#535 of 1,030 hotels in London

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

Great style, fantastic value

Service was slow – there was no one on the desk, or anywhere visible, when we arrived, and we had to hang around waiting to check in.

It’s a lovely hotel, chic and stylish, at an exceptional rate for this standard in London. A gem.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Great location and good value based on the price we paid.

No blind or curtains in the toilet/bathroom and no cabinets in the bathroom for toiletries or for getting ready.

Great location and good value based on the price we paid.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

Breakfast without hot meal.

Breakfast without hot meal. Hotel not renovated probably ~40 years. Windows very old, so very noisy. The curtains, plumbing in a rooms are terrible.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Thought the staff were very helpful, especially young Polish...

Nothing I didnt like. Could have done with a small tray to boil kettle and make tea/coffee on to avoid spills on wooden dressing table top.

Thought the staff were very helpful, especially young Polish man on Reception, sorry didn't catch name. Room very clean,tidy and most bliss, was able to open windows, it was a hot day! Thank you to the cleaning staff.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Not at all satisfactory.

In general the transformation of the Hotel we knew in the past from a confortable and functional one to a kind of hostel. No proper reception (transformed in a kind of mini market) & the area previously used for the breakfast to a kind of Gym.

The readyness of the staff to help for any problem.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Lovely hotel in South Kensington

No complimentary water but London tap water is fine!

Nice spacious bedroom and bathroom. Great location in South Kensington, one of my favourite London neighbourhoods

Not great value for money, very deceptive

The room was very small and we could hear everything outside our door, people were talking and banging doors loudly first thing in the morning. Considering how much we paid it was not very good value for money at all. Also, the lasagne we ordered for room service was actually cold and not edible or fresh.

The location was good

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Disappointing considering the cost!

Staff-unfriendly, disinterested, unhelpful Keycards didn’t work for the four days we were there, so had to go up and down to reception (sometimes several times) every time we returned to our room! Very annoying when you return tired and all you want to do is get into your room.

Very comfortable bed and pillows!

Never again
    • Deluxe Suite

check in process i had to wait a long time because they had people pay for late checkout and i was with a baby/ cleaning was very poor and towels were under the bed from the previous customer, daily cleaning was terrible they only did the bed and did the minimum / i had to ask for someone to help carry the baby stroller up & down of the stairs to go in or out ( not a suitable hotel for children)

location / size of the suite

Great location, decent hotel, staff could use a refresher on customer service

Took the staff 20 minutes to retrieve my pressed shirt that I had left in my wardrobe from the left luggage room because "They couldn't find the woman who had the key" and had the temerity to pretend that this wasn't an issue - lucky I wasn't in a rush to get to the airport. When I got my shirt back it had been taken off the hanger I left it on and both the hanger and shirt had been thrown into a plastic bag. Shirt needed to be pressed again.

Great location, great value for London - especially given the location. Staff proactively contacted me to inform me that I had left items in the wardrobe on checkout and asked me whether I could return for them or if they should post them to me.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

In the heart of things...

Currently undergoing a refurb.. We had one of the older rooms.. A little tired looking and fairly small.. But we literally only used it to sleep in.

The living room was a great social space... Bright and airy. We had a nightcap before returning to our room..The local area was great.. Little independent shops,pubs and eateries etc..

• Reviewed: 7 September 2018

A memorable four days. Everything on our agenda was achieved

Breakfast more imaginative perhaps.

Convenient well-run hotel. Small enough to be Friendly, yet professional. Breakfasts well presented but expensive for what there was on offer. Staff very courteous, professional and helpful. Would stay hear again.

Very accommodating smiley staff, great Chelsea location . Will return!

Room was small.

Bed and pillows very comfy, linen good quality, Room rather small(superior double ) but everything I needed including proper hairdryer. I liked the bath and body preps. Staff were charming , breakfast was uncomplicated , good choice of continental cheeses, ham, eggs and yummy croissants / pain raisin. Excellent Italian coffee with choice of non dairy milk if required. Great location , all in all great value and perfect for a night stop in Chelsea without spending a fortune.

My favourite bolthole in London when I am working -...

My favourite bolthole in London when I am working - MyChelsea is always a pleasure to visit. Clean, cute and modern - it's all you need and very good value. Staff always have a smile - and a lot of staff have been there for quite some time, which is rare for a London hotel! I love my stays at MyChelsea!! Thanks for having me back to stay!! xx

Very quiet, things are close by , and south Kensington...

Entrance very tiny , and two elevators only and they are very very slow .

Very quiet, things are close by , and south Kensington station is a 7 minutes walk from the hotel.

Location was great
    • Superior Twin Room

Bathroom smelt like old people’s home. Walls are REALLY thin can hear everything! Got the feeling the hotel is used as a pick up place or place to go back to with escorts 🙈. Kept awake all night with sex session next door 😬

Location was great

Necessary
    • Superior Twin Room

Poor greeting. No hairdryer. Toilet cistern did not refill. Loud person in corridor at 1am. No drinking water - unless you pay £2.75 for 33ml. No reading light - a bedside lamp. Had to find member of staff to check out

Hotel is near both the Brompton Hospital and the Royal Marsden

The location was great.
    • Superior Twin Room

The photos on booking.com vs. reality require some clarity since those are quite not the same. My bathroom was small, the sink was tiny! I could barely wash my hands. But overall it’s okay if you plan to stay not more than a couple of nights. A small fridge in the rooms would be quite useful too.

The location was great. Staff is always helpful. Comfortable beds. Someone must have forgotten their room number and indicated mine instead when ordering snacks at the café however, the staff figured I wasn’t “a beer fan” to let me pay for those upon check-out. Quite a few cafés and restaurants within a walking distance and a grocery store.

Excellent, convenient and in a lovely area. Good having the sitting area and conservatory too.
    • Superior Twin Room

Noise from road and also there was a car alarm going off right outside for quite a long time, but that is not the hotel"s fault at all.

Spacious room and everything I needed there.

Moderately satisfactory
    • Superior Twin Room

Our bathroom was smelly The toiletries were almost never replenished We found a pair of underwear in our bathroom That did not belong to us!!! The bedrooms are small We found several items left over by previous tenants which goes to show that rooms are not properly cleaned The second day of our stay we Found an extra chair in our room that we never asked for which made the room even smaller to live in

The staff is extra helpful The morning right I’m is very pleasant

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Great Location! Not a great vibe

They are working on the property, it’s under construction everyday so the noise of hammers banging wakes u up at 9am. Not a great experience!

Good Value for Money

Smallest room in London

I have seen closets bigger than this room. We couldnt open our suitcases anywhere except on the bed cause there was no floor space at all.

It was clean and the bed was super comfy.

A boutique hotel? NOOOOO!

No. 311 not working air conditioner. The hotel has a Weird light switch systems and bad mattresses in most room. Poor quality of housekeeping, hotel maintenance and hotel management.

The spacious superior double room no.311 & 411. The breakfast.

Bad experiebce

This property is under refurbishment also it was a very hot day and I had move three rooms because the aircon wasn't working, the toilet flush wasn't working. And the morning breakfast was very average.

The ambience is good and the staff is very helpful

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Would have been a good experience if the TV and shower worked!

I stayed here the other night and had a lovely room but the TV didn't work so I was moved to a different room (the room was no where near as nice) where the TV only worked for one channel and the rest wern't working. I was really looking forward to a relaxing night it after a manic week at work (I'd booked specifically for that). luckily I had a book or I would have been staring at the wall. Then in the morning I found the shower wasn't working, I was twisting and turning anything that potentially looked like it would turn on the shower. I had to use the sink for a quick wash and then use the shower at work, making me late for a meeting. I was told when I checked out that I had to turn the showerhead (But I'm not convinced as looked at the showered and failed to see anything to twist and if that were true it's not at all obvious). Maybe I'm a one off as I booked this hotel based on good reviews. I hope the hotel considers refunding me some of the room charge as I feel I've paid quite a bit for just a bed.

Good things are the location and the staff are really lovely and tried to help all they could but there was no maintenance on sight so not much could be fixed. If everything worked this would be a lovely place to stay but my experience was fairly stressful.

A very quiet and beautiful part of the city.
    • Deluxe Suite

Given that we had a short stay in London and a lot to see, it was the fastest to have breakfast at the hotel. The choice of food for breakfast is rather poor, I think it should be much more diverse and richer.

A very quiet and beautiful part of the city. Lobby, small garden, and the room are very nicely furnished. The suite was big enough for four of us. The bathroom is spacious. The staff was very kind. Close to the museums, metro, restaurants...

No water in the shower, very low pressure

The pictures were totally different then on the booking.com site, they were old. And the bed was way too small (and I’m 1.50m so I never, but really never complain about this). We were over for a wedding and I couldn’t even wash my hair because there was almost no water coming from the shower. We complained about this directly and the staff said they will have somebody fix it the next day.. nobody came and nobody fixed it. All with all, way too much money for the quality of the room.

Neighborhood

Great Interior Design and Location
    • Standard Queen Room

The reception desk set-up was a little odd with staff members preferring to sit in the Lounge/Bar area. This was not an issue more of an observation.

Great Interior Design and Location

Great base to explore, but need to get basics right

Bathroom - toilet didn’t flush properly and bath plug didn’t work - both reported but neither fixed during course of our stay

Great location, stylish, a bit quirky in a good way

First not all the rooms as described most of the rooms...
    • Standard Queen Room

First not all the rooms as described most of the rooms doesn't has a safety deposit box as described, the hotel charge you on toothbrush??? The rooms are very small, the staff not helping at all.

Decent enough.

The bed was small which made for a poor night's sleep clattering into my partner. There were some tiles in the bathroom that look on the verge of coming off the wall. There were some spider webs on the ceiling that could easily have been sorted. Also felt very expensive for what we got, although I guess that's Kensington.

The staff were lovely. The decor was great, it felt like we were staying in a really cool place. Close enough to the tube station that it never felt like a chore to walk - although that might be different in the rain.

great

over priced for what it is not sound proof, so you hear noises from other rooms small room doors bang very loudly

the staff - friendly and helpful - ask for Elaine location - close to metro, museums, shopping, etc.

a calming oasis

the menu was not really to our liking, lots of health food rather than a cooked breakfast so we did not eat there.

lovely décor, very relaxing both the room and communal areas. the bed was extremely comfortable. excellent location the hotel is on a quiet residential street but just round the corner are plenty of bars, shops and restaurants. 12nooon checkout was good on a weekend.

I have stayed twice in this hotel , this time the room was...
    • Standard Queen Room

The hotel was under construction didn't know that till after getting in to the room and reading a note from the management. The WC is fixed way high up the wall. A person of 170 cm length will only have his feet rested on the floor. Price of the room was a lot TBH (£180 for a night) the hotel was have more facilities for guests.

I have stayed twice in this hotel , this time the room was refurbished and better looking. The bed was very comfortable. Located in a quite place next to facilities and Brompton road..

Chelsea's best kept secret ....
    • Standard Queen Room

Chelsea's best kept secret. A boutique hotel in the heart of Chelsea with amazingly low prices. I've been putting clients in here for years but never stayed here. I couldn't have been happier with the room, hotel, and location. Excellent.

Good location for shops and restaurants but quite a long...
    • Superior Twin Room

That there were very noisy works going on that started bang on the dot of 9am. There was a note in the room on arrival apologising for the noise (works on the hotel that would be « limited » to between 9am and 5.30pm out of consideration to guests ! There goes the lie-in or siesta) but of course by then it is too late to do anything about it. I think you should be informed of this when you book (planned works by hotel not an incidental occurrence) . For some people this would be an absolute nightmare. Further the rooms are tiny and the television was hung at a rather rakish angle which made rather annoying watching. Not a single member of staff that I came across had English as a first language and whilst not un- friendly were not particularly welcoming. A handy pit stop if you are on a business trip in the area but not , at least at present, a very relaxing place to stay. Maybe the works will be over soon.

Good location for shops and restaurants but quite a long walk from station with suitcases in tow.

It was a nice place in a good location and the staff were...
    • Standard Queen Room

The rooms were very dated and for the price, it was not the luxury boutique accommodation it sells itself to be. Only continental breakfast available at the hotel.

It was a nice place in a good location and the staff were pleasant. The room was cleaned and refreshed daily. The communal downstairs area was beautifully designed and had a lovely atmosphere.

What makes a pleasurable experience is not only the...

What makes a pleasurable experience is not only the facilities and location, but the staff play a huge role. For us the staff who made a special occasion just that bit more fun were the highlight. I would stay here again. Thank you!

A good hotel - modern decor and clean. Very helpful and friendly staff. We would stay here again.

My daughter and I had a lovely stay at My Chelsea. Our room was small but very comfortable and clean. The hotel was in a nice area with great shops and restaurants.

Comfortable room, food really not great.

The breakfast wasn't great - continental only - there was a shop on site for 'raw food' fanatics, but unless you're into vegan 'cheeze' cake or kale crisps I wouldn't bother. There was no decent catering otherwise. Fortunately Carluccio's is round the corner...

The room was airy and cool given the hot weather, the bed was comfortable.

Delighted to be back - great location & lovely spot
    • Deluxe Suite

Toiletries missing from the shower, no conditioner supplied, surprising since we were staying in a suite.

Great location. Really quiet for London. Room was very well equipped & bed super comfy.

Dates rooms. Nothing like photos online. Stained carpets, ceilings and blinds. Tiles falling off bath. Mini bar broken. Sockets beside bed foreign so plugs didn’t fit!

Great location and atmosphere. A quiet haven in the buzz of Chelsea.

I paid extra for a superior room- but it was quite small, as was the bed. I am struggling to see the difference between the room I stayed in and the description for the standard room! Felt like I wasted the extra money!

The location was brilliant. I loved the atmosphere, very relaxed- like a little chill haven in the city!

Enjoyed my stay but don't feel that a cost of nearly £200 reflected value for money.

Room was slightly smaller than expecting, the website photos were a little misleading in this respect. Mini bar costs were extortionate although this may be normal for Chelsea!, however the room service menu seemed reasonable. Need more milk in the rooms, there wasn't even enough for two hot drinks. Some idiot setting the fire alarm off in the early hours didn't add up to a relaxing sleep - although I acknowledge this wasn't the hotel's fault.

Room was comfortable and clean. Hotel was within walking distance of lots of attractions/amenities although was situated on a quiet residential street which was nice.

Served food at 10.
    • Standard Queen Room

They cleared away the breakfast stuff very briskly - even took away the toaster with my daughters bread in there!! No indication that you had to pay for all the little snacks in the room - no price list and they were extortionately expensive.

Served food at 10.45pm when we got back after a concert which was really good.

I asked for an Invoice at checkout but was told I need to...

I asked for an Invoice at checkout but was told I need to contact Booking.com which I did. They then told me that the Hotel doesn’t reply. I then contacted the hotel directly...no reply. I won’t be staying there again as I need an Invoice to put it through my work expenses. Pretty poor

Although the breakfast was self serve continental style, the...

Although the breakfast was self serve continental style, the food was really great quality. Bedroom was perfectly adequate and nicely decorated. Staff were helpful. Overall it was pricey but we were happy with it.

Very pleasant and well located
    • Superior Twin Room

Shower could be more powerful to avoid standing on the bathplug. Aircon was present but I could not figure out how to reduce the set temperature below 25C. Also, I was not aware that payment would be taken on day 1 of my 8 day stay, with no option to leave early and get any refund. This constraint was not made clear on Booking.com, and I also found I was paying £60/day more than the hotel's direct rate. A lesson learned the hard way...

Very well placed, friendly staff, excellent breakfast. Room comfortable with tea/coffee facilities. Very clean.

Clean, modern, beautiful downstairs foyer and bar area.
    • Superior Twin Room

Walls are a little thin, I was disturbed in the middle of the night by people arriving back.

Clean, modern, beautiful downstairs foyer and bar area. Environmentallly friendly.

Room was smaller than indicated;

Room was smaller than indicated; Refurbishment noises from 9 am onwards on a weekend; Shower was broken; For the Price that we paid, we could have gotten a higher room category on their website; We didnt get a free upgrade even though there was availability and we were really disappointed

Will definitely book here again! Excellent location, compact but clean rooms and wonderful staff.

Excellent location and friendly staff. Loved the little lounge with outdoor courtyard / terrace. Didn't have breakfast here but it looked lovely.

Great location, great price but you get what you pay for. Check your bill when you check out.

The rooms are very small. No place for a standard suitcase to open up. Upon check out, they tried to charge me 30 pounds for breakfast (which I did not have). They had to "verify" with the restaurant before they took it off my bill. Also construction going on Monday-Friday which is VERY loud.

The Location was amazing- it could not be beat! After a long discussion at check-in, I was also able to check-in early (around 11:30) as I requested 3 times.

Great location and a cool Scandinavian feel to the rooms.
    • Superior Twin Room

Great location and a cool Scandinavian feel to the rooms. We were upgraded on arrival which was lovely into a suite - with the most fantastically comfortable bed.

Very good QPR except the size of the room.

Small room, made it a little bit hard to move around the room. Small bed was a little bit on the negative side.

Great location, fondly staff and a very nice, spacious lounging/breakfast room which we didn't have the chance to spend much time due to our short stay.

Good location.

Room was supposed to b a superior double but felt basic. No restaurant and bar meals limited to ping meals.

Friendly staff and clean accommodation. Good location for us as going to Chelsea Flower show.

Brilliant Location.

Brilliant location for our trip to London. We would use this hotel again. Room small but comfortable. Staff very helpful. Didn’t eat or drink at the hotel. Overall a very good experience some minor issues with room tea and coffee facility top ups.

Great location- fab boutique hotel
    • Superior Twin Room

Perfect location as we were visiting the Chelsea flower show. Rooms were nice and the area is very quiet, so we rested well. The bar area is lovely as well. Am just about to rebook for a work trip next month as I liked it so much.

ok - fairly average

there was no where to dry towels in the bathroom. they only provided on tea bag and one milk sachet in the room . there was no telephone and nowhere to store your suitcase other than on the floor. there was no where to sit and dry your hair or apply your makeup there was one sachet of shampoo and one of body wash in the bathroom but in non resealable packaging so not environmentally friendly since you couldn't take it away to use up completely breakfast was more expensive if you didn't book the night before but decided to have breakfast in the morning the plug int he sink didn't work so stayed down I mentioned some of these issues in the morning before we left and was told that we would be contacted by the manager - no call or email yet after 5 days

the bed was comfortable and there was plenty of hot water

Good

The shower head didn’t lock in place and the toilet had to be encouraged to flush

The hotel was clean and the location perfect for Chelsea Flower Show. The bed was comfortable.

I would stay again but would insist on a 1st floor room upwards. Such a shame as the hotel lovely
    • Standard Queen Room

Our room (6) was very noisy, on ground floor next to bar area with very noisy morning. Doors slamming, dishwasher unloaded very noisily by staff.

Lovely decor, bar area, location

Hmm not as good as I had expected
    • Superior Twin Room

Continental breakfast was of poor quality for price with no croissants left on both mornings. Only two cheese and two meats and very basic fruit. Staff had limited English and were not the most efficient. Seemed to be standing around with little to do. Definitely not a four star hotel based on my experience of hotels in the UK

Good location for fine dining, Chelsea flower show and local attractions . A modern multi cultural hotel trying to be ultra cosmopolitan. Overall it was reasonably well presented the superior twin had comfortable beds the room was clean.

Great "little" hotel

Hotel are in final part of refurbishment, so there was a little maintenance noise during the day, but did not spoil our stay

Position was excellent for Chelsea Flower Show. Staff were friendly and professional and rooms were comfortable and well equipped and newly upgraded

Very pleasant stay!
    • Standard Queen Room

The toilet was positioned too highly on the wall,feet could barely touch the floor, I am tall but for someone shorter this could be a problem! They need to put a wooden block or step in front of the loo so that you can rest your feet on it! Or change the position of the toilet. Otherwise all good!

The tranquility of the area, quiet , simple elegance.

Great position for Brompton Hosputal and very clean. Room 8 is next to outside bar area, not great
    • Superior Twin Room

Back plug that didn’t fit, tea/coffee facilities quite mean - only 2 of anything, is teabags, 2 milks etc. Building works that we were were not made aware of before booking. Lack of any room service-or bar food on first night.

Comfortable bed.

Lovely stay for a 6 year olds birthday, very central to the museum but also quiet area.
    • Standard Queen Room

The breakfast was quite expensive due to the lack of hot food, there were only yogurts, toast and fruits. So fairly limited. However only a short walking distance away were plenty of cafés and restaurants.

The bed was extremely comfortable, did not want to leave! Was fairly warm so the air con was much appreciated.

Nice when renovation works are finished

there were problems with the booking which could have been smoother. Also the lunch is very expensive. Lots of renovation works are going on too and one of the lifts wasn't working

i loved the look and feel of the hotel and staff were friendly

Lovely hotel but unhappy with rooms.

Tiny rooms. Uncomfortable bed.

Bed really uncomfortable and very small for a double, hardly any space to move in room. But staff are lovely and it’s clean.

Love

Didn’t have brekkie,didnt have a chance lol Lovely hotel very quiet so for this it suited me & my partner perfectly. Maybe just a little advice to check the sugar and tea & coffee choice in the room. I know it seems petty,but when you have been out all day working you don’t really want to be ringing reception or popping down for them. We only had enough in our room for 1 drink. Our original room 204 the tv was broken so after unpacking we then had to move to another one down the corridor,which was a little annoying after getting into our pjs. Just little finishing touches that makes a trip more special and having a flawless overnight stay makes it much more memorable. Sorry don’t like complaining lol Lovely receptionist ever so helpful and knowledgable about the area.

I definitely wouldn’t stay here again. Extremely disappointed with what I paid for.
    • Superior Twin Room

Dirty carpet in bedroom, bathroom tap didn’t work, room wasn’t reflective of pictures advertised on website. The rooms advertised are new rooms whist I was given one of the older bedrooms. Wasn’t superior twin. There was also mould on bathroom blind, room didn’t have a remote control and windows wouldnt stay open (kept sliding closed). There was Poor water pressure in shower and water was luke warm. After complaining, about condition of room, eventually (not immediately I might add) the general manager took time to speak to me. We were then moved to what actually looked like a superior twin on our second night. (Apparently wasn’t available on first night). Continental breakfast was basic.

Room and lobby were really pretty!

The WiFi was terrible. Hotel was under construction and wires and carpet issues were exposed. Drilling in the daytime made vacation sleeping in impossible. Cleaning crew left 2 foot tall piles of sheets in the hallway. Bed was incredibly uncomfortable for the price of the hotel.

Room and lobby were really pretty! Location was amazing!

Not as good as we expected-we only stayed one night but it was supposed to be special!

the location was not where we wanted to be and it cost us a lot in taxi fares-there was a huge amount of work going on in the hotel which was then very noisy and full of workmen-i know these things have to happen but we should have been told at the time of booking

the bed was very comfy and the shower good-breakfast was also fine-i expected a proper cooked breakfast but the boiled eggs were ok-you did have to cook them yourself! The bread and croissants were good

Not for business travellers

Very noisy. Visitors up very late. Arguing loudly in bedrooms, speaking loudly on the phone walking down corridor in early hours of the morning, slamming doors, etc. Probably fine if you don’t have business to do the next day.

Pretty room.

Nice stay and good location, price relevant.

The hotel is undergoing redecoration on the hallway at the top floor. There was a note on the door, however, it would have been good if staff made me aware on arrival and explained that this was taking place, slight smell of fresh paint was lingering.

Nice stay and good location, price relevant. Staff kind and helpful.

Boutique Feel
    • Superior Twin Room

Modern hotel tucked in a quiet road of a great location with a short walk to Kings Rd, South Ken and Harrods. Boutique feel and attentive helpful staff.

Nice stay in great location - will be better when the place is fully decorated.
    • Superior Twin Room

It would have been better to let us know prior to checking in that parts of the hotel were undergoing a refurb. There was a paint smell and masking tape in the corridors and the place felt unfinished. You also tried to put us in a room right next to the bar area (which we could see through a door in the room!!). The room that we ended up in was smaller and quieter but much smaller - I would hardly have called this a 'superior twin room'!!!

Very friendly and helpful staff and fantastic location in the heart of Chelsea.