Reviews of Normandie Hotel 3 stars

6.0

5.1

4.9

6.1

half of the staff were rude, WIFI didnt work for the 4 days we were there mentioned it to the staff and the answer was "the lights are on, it is working so what do you want me to tell you", the clean aspect of it.. the carpet had several stains that make me question the overall cleaning of the place, the bathroom was extremely small, and the walls are made of paper so be reasy to listen to every conversation around you. Unfortunately this stay made our visit to London less fun and romantic than expected, so I wouldn't come back neither recommend this place. Next time i will pay more to go to a legit hotel rather to something that is more in the hostel category .

i only like its location, the englosh breakfast (although is the only breakfast option so dont think about anything healthy), and the water preasure at the shower was good.

In six days they never cleaned our room. The carpet wasn´t clean. The bed wasn´t well done. The bathroom was very small, it was impossible to wash your face in that lavatory. They only gave us one small soap in 6 days. Breakfast was poor. There wasn´t a lift.

I liked the location. It was easy to go anywhere by bus or train

Shower too hot to get under, scalding, unable to adjust. simple basic but friendly

really good location, 5 mins from Paddington and lots of food options nearby

• Single Room Ensuite

Would have benefitted from tea and coffee making facilities in the room

Excellent value for a budget central London venue. Friendly staff, available 24 hours. Nice breakfast, great value for money.

The choice of fruit would have been nice at breakfast. The hotel/rooms need a refurbing /modernising. The shower only went Luke warm.

The staff were very friendly and welcoming. We liked the waitress service at breakfast. Great value for money and great location.

English breakfast , toast , butter, jam. Each day the same. Room furniture very old

great location of the hotel, 5min walk to Paddington station, 10min walk to Hyde Park, 15 min walk to Oxford street.

The location is great. The value is amazing for the price you're paying. The staff at reception was really friendly and helped immediately. The rooms were nothing special but clean.

Unfortunately the fire alarm fell off the ceiling, the shower was either hot or cold, one plug socket not working, light bulb gone over single bed.

Staff were absolutely brilliant, could not fault them in anyway!

• Single Room Ensuite

Everything - it is a hell hole

I have never written a review before after decades of traveling for work mainly. But I must warn you about this hell hole. This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed in, it was absolutely disgusting. I booked this last minute, was uk90 pounds per night but I did not check reviews properly. This hotel should not even be on your web site, it is ridiculous that you allow hotels of this standard on your site. Staff were horrible, absolutely rude, no hot water until 7pm so I had to take a cold shower before going to dinner, filthy rooms, filthy beds, absolute squalor - it is disgusting. Really rude and horrible staff. Do not stay here

There was no facilities like coffee and tea making in the room. There was no hairdryer and the where the TV was placed it was impossible to watch.

Area easy to reach city centre

• Single Room Ensuite

The room was small - but for what you are paying and location was exceptable. The carpet was tired and the stairs creaked somewhat. Not a place for elderly of disabled as there is no lift and I was on the 3rd floor and breakfast is in the basement. So if you have mobility issues let them know before hand.

Location is excellent - 5 mins walk from Hyde Park - 30mins from Covent Gardens. The breakfast was fast and efficient, but slightly restrictive - tea/coffee/fruit juice followed by toast (plenty of it) and full English - no fruit and yoghurts. Desk was maned 24hrs. Booking in fast and easy.

• Single Room Ensuite

Hotel very old and not refurbished. The bathroom door was broken. The hot water wasn't available. No available staff to support the client. The only staff available is the person at the front desk. No amenities offered as mentioned on Booking.com. The state of the hotel doesn't match at all the description about it on Booking.com. So misleading to a great extent. I can't find words to describe how bad this hote,l condidering the fees required per night and compared to similar hotels in Sussex Gardens area.

Nothing. It was the worst ever I ever visited. Please refere to what I didn't like about it.

You pay for the room even before you see it. We were travelling with our grandma and we didn't except to be in the third floor with a lot of tiny and tired stairs, but that's even okay, old building. We just let our stuff because it was late and we needed to have dinner, when we came back to the room and after a day of travelling with 28 degrees we wanted to take a shower but there was not cold water, we couldn't take a shower because the water was burning, boiling!! It was impossible to find a way to have cold water, we complain downstairs but the only answer of the guy working on the night shift was that he couldn't do nothing and we had to wait to see the manager the next morning. The manager didn't appear or at least not on time the first two days so we had to leave the hotel to don't waste our time, the receptionist told us that we wrote down our problem and the owner will treat it in the day. The night same problem and same answer from the receptionist, who was different than the first night and not even aware of the problem. Finally we couldn't take a shower for three days, three day where it was 28 degrees in the city and with an old lady. No solution was found even if we were travelling with an old lady. It's a shame. The room was ok but looked very tired and not super clean. No glass to brush our theets, no carpet in the bathroom and two towels for three persons (we had to ask for a third), no wifi in the room cause of the very very low signal, holes in the sheets and so on. To sum up, if there's a problem nobody's here to help or find a solution. We do NOT recommand this hotel, and we are very disappointed.

Couldn't shower in either room booked (2 rooms booked), both showers did not work and couldn't reduce heat - was scolding.

Friendly owners, comfortable rooms, great location

The room was cold with a stale smell. The bathroom was extremely small, toilet seat and taps broken. Shower was too hot to use. When I raised this I was told I didn’t let the water run for long enough.

Breakfast was served by good staff and delivered hot.

Shower was a little too hot and we couldn't work out how to get any cold water, but it didn't matter too much.

The beds were comfy, the place was clean and the breakfast was just what we needed. The staff were always so friendly and helpful. The hotel is in a perfect location to get to anywhere.

Very unkind person at the reception, no hot water to shower. The windows were very thin so it was very cold in the room and the heater was not working. Not enough space in the breakfast room for all their guests. I would definitely never return to this place it has absolutely no positive point except from the location.

Only the location was good!

A little bit of a muck up on arrival - communication breakdown and had to wait for someone else to arrive to sort out our booking. Gentleman at front-of-house was very matter-of-fact with little warmth. Had problems with the shower and when I mentioning this to the night porter - he acknowledged that our room often presented problems with the shower. Pity we were not warned of this when initially checking in - which would have been the responsible thing to do.

Handy location to Underground and shops. Breakfast arrived on the table quickly and well proportioned.

Pio, the guy on reception too much... Asking me to do a video review for his boss to see within a few hours if being at the hotel. Way too familiar.. No change at reception when I paid, so I had to go for change. Shoudlve been their place to do so. Then came the knocking on my door for the change when we were snoozing.... Then the phone calls to our room. But tried to answer the phone and it didn't even work. Me and my daughter were in a room near reception in a corridor with a door that banged every time someone walked through.....this was very frequent. Hence I did not sleep. I had to get up at one o clock to ask if Pio and the customers could be quiet as my 12 year old daughter would like some sleep. Noise most of night from other guests above our room (banging!!).,.. Next morning the breakfast came as you got it. No option. Room was shoddy...no knob on wardrobe, no tea or coffee in room, crap bed covers... No duvets. Was glad to go home. Very bad customer service. Ruined our little break away to be honest.

Can't say I did.

Very small corridors getting in and out of room a bit of a challenge. Not brilliant rooms but good for a overnight stay.

After the terrible reviews we were pleasantly surprised. Breakfast good but not coffee. Room OK for 1 night. Very basic but comfortable enough.

• Single Room Ensuite

Bathroom door was broken. You can hear everything from other rooms and people in the hallway. Heating didnt work properly. Too expensive for what little they offer.

The internet connection was weak in my room, making it almost impossible to use. The room could have been warmer, but I think that's true of any place in London in winter...

The breakfast was surprisingly good for the price. The staff were really nice. This is a no frills place and the comfort and facilities do reflect that, but it was generally perfect for what I needed.

Our room was cold (on the top floor), there was a draft from the window. One of the lights was hanging from its place on the wall but that was just amusing for us.

The staff was nice. We didn’t eat at the hotel so can’t comment on that subject. Room was fine (if you leave out the temperature).

The entire decor is very tired and as soon as we walked in we could smell something that resembled wet dog. The bed was seriously uncomfortable and only dressed in a sheet and questionable blanket. The hotel has character but the old Victorian features are dressed up in 70’s chic carpet and plastic flowers. The rooms are tired and we had little towels that honestly I didn’t want to use. We didn’t complain as we felt it wouldn’t do any good, we did read the reviews before we came and knew it wasn’t amazing. The staff were fine, a little quirky but no issues with them. I wouldn’t stay at this hotel again, I’d pay a couple quid more and get somewhere that has rooms with tea and coffee making facilities, a duvet and no smell of wet dog!

The shower was hot and powerful, the hotel is in a brilliant location

Warmer room

Room was as expected for the price, room was basic but very clean, bed was comfortable and linen very clean, we stayed during the 'Beast from the East' and the room was a little cold, breakfast was very good :-)

There was a bit of noise from the other people in the hotel. But it’s to be expected in these old buildings. I took earplugs for sleeping which sorted me out perfectly. The bed nearest the window was a little chilly. So we slid it further into the room. Problem solved.

The staff were very accommodating. Breakfast was absolutely gorgeous, with nothing too much for the lovely lady who was run off her feet. Set us up perfectly for the day and GREAT to have included in the room rate. I didn’t even need any lunch! The room was basic, but extra linen was in the wardrobe and the beds were more comfortable than other places I’ve stayed; it was also bigger than more expensive hotels. I loved the original corbicing and fireplace. TV was large and looked new. Extra heater already in room and on, plus the radiator. My request had been took into consideration for location of room. Bathroom was small, but actually nice and warm whereas other have been freezing! Seemed very clean. Clearly seems like a family run hotel and they’re doing their very best. Location is excellent. Free travel guides offered on arrival. I travel to London regularly and will book here again if I find another good deal! The hotel staff are obviously not speaking English as s first language. I believe other people have taken their tone and different way of speaking as rudeness when it’s not. Having lived elsewhere in Europe I can see how the mistake is easily made. Check in is 1pm, out at 11am, again that’s much more generous than other higher priced hotels I’ve stayed at. Overall the staff were friendly and seemed genuinely surprised when I thanked them for a lovely stay.

the cleaning girls were great but the guys at the reception horrible. One night, we entered the hotel and there was a receptionist (the older man) DRUNK. He spoke saying "fucking job ..." I did not like that at all. I work as a receptionist and never would never drink a beer at work and even less I would be drunk.It is an old hotel and does not have an lift. I had to climb 3 floors with the suitcases. Never mind, that detail was not important either.

breakfast was delicious, every day is the same breakfast (English breakfast), they do it at the moment. breakfast is from 7:30 to 9:00. The room is normal, a double bed, carpet floor (as everywhere) and a small bathroom. There could only be one person in the bathroom. You have to ask at the reception for the hairdryer. They give you towels and there is Hot water in the shower, the bed is very comfortable, I had to ask for two more pillows because they are thin. The cleaning girls are very nice, they prepare breakfast too. At breakfast there is coffee and tea. My boyfriend loved the cofre in the hotel . There is water and orange juice from bottle (Not natural). The reception is 24 hours. In general it is very good. Because it is a quiet area, and the metro is 5 minutes from the hotel. It's zone 2. It's a good area, the rooms are silent.

Don't stay there ! The staff is awful ! The wifi doesn't working ! They ️are liars! Vey dirty room ! Microwave breakfast! Everything was awful!

NOTHING

The room was freezing cold (we had to sleep fully clothed plus also had to use the bedspread off the single bed too). There were no facilities for making hot drinks within the room. The bedside furniture was missing drawers and falling to pieces. The bathroom smelled of foul water from the toilet.

N/a

We booked the accommodation last April (2017) for the 14th February 2018 (Valentines Day)... We had booked a double room with a double bed... We did not get a double room, we had a vey, very small twin room...Reception were not able to give us our double room as booked and could not understand how this had happened ?...They said they would look into it ... No one would appreciate the inconvenience this had caused us ! ... It appears, booking ahead does not guarantee you the room you had booked ... It spoilt our night out in London...We will not be staying at the Hotel again ! ... No tea/coffee facilities in the room just in the dinning room... The Wi-Fi can only be accessed on the ground floor and basement, not as advertised as being in all areas ! ...We were on the second floor... The hot tap in the on suite was not fixed to the basin properly so could not use vey well and a light bulb above one of the beds was broken........

The location and the Breakfast...

We were told breakfast was until 09:30 but it was 9, so missed it. There was a pipe knocking in our room so didn't sleep well.

The staff were very friendly

Terrible. Dirty rooms and bed linen. Grumpy reception staff. Poor security - anyone can take a room key off the reception counter. Cold room. Bed springs stick into you. Towels threadbare. B token taps in bathroom.

Breakfast wasn’t bad. Cook lovely.

The room/hotel was extremely tired. The room had two broken plug sockets which were dangerous. The shower was too hot or extremely hot. The room had no tea/coffee facilities and the breakfast was ok. The faults with the room were reported and I got a don't care attitude.

The shower is way too hot. It can’t be adjusted. We need to take water from the sink manually to have shower

Love the continental breakfast and location is great

This hotel is dirty!. there was dried blood on the bed sheets and nod cold running water. Dirty bathroom, rubbish in the bins, stains on the bed throws .. when we spoke to the front desk they were rude and unhelpful... I do not believe that this hotel should be accommodating guests and certainty should not be a 3 star

Room was cold, draughts from window, radiator didn't work. Small bathroom, Felix water. Wi-Fi only worked in public areas (then OK).

Staff were pleasant and helpful

• Single Room Ensuite

It was extremely cold , window are not good . No tea/coffee in the room . WiFi doesn’t work ( only at the reception)

It was small and the staff was friendly

• Single Room Ensuite

The fire alarm went off at 02.00 and wasn't fixed until 03.15. This can happen in even the best hotels and the guy on checkout apologised for it, so I'll take that apology. I had a room in the basement and the wifi in the room wasn't great. Could have done with shampoo for the shower. Otherwise facilities were great.

All staff were extremely helpful and friendly. The breakfast was much better than I expected and the room had workspace.

Biten two days in a row, think it was bed bigs, although can't prove it. Wi-Fi didn't work in room. Bedding looked very old. Decor outdated. Fire alarm went off three times through the night, two nights in a row. I've stayed in hunfreds of hotels over the years, all standards, but this was probably one of the worst.

Tv was ok

No kettle or cups in room couldn't get through fire door into room as hinges are on opposite way so unless u are a contortionist don't stay in room 12

The window in our room didnt shut properly so we were cold all night. Not to mention ths fire alarm going off at 1 am and the guy at reception not being bothered or apologetic at all. The room was old fashioned, dirty and made us feel very umcomfortable - itchy too! Disgusting.

You open the fire door to get to your room and have about an inch to get your key into your door.. no heating except a three wheel oil heater and no hair dryer and reception guy was laying on sofa when I checked in. Cardboard under sink covering broken tiles and bed lights didn’t work

• Single Room Ensuite

Can be really noisy in the rooms downstairs, espacially in the morning. Smell of fried food from kitchen is really strong. I got the cheapest room, but it still should not be the reason for half of the bulbs missing/not working, sticky TV remote or mould in the bathroom.

Good localization 5 minutes from Paddington station, walking distance to Kensington Gardens. Big breakfast, nice staff, rook cleaned daily. Plenty of space in the single room. No problem with leaving suitcase for few hours after checking out.

No hot water on my second morning. The extractor fan was broken with bare electrical connections on show. The towel rail was not properly fixed to the wall and hardboard was covering plumbing under the sink. Only one light out of 3 worked. The chair was broken and could not be sat on. Only one of the double socket next to the bed worked. The wifi did not work. Due to the position of a fire door it was extremely difficult to access the room (no.12). The reception staff were abrupt and appeared more interested in what they were going than serving clients. The whole place was tired and desperately needs upgrading.

The lady serving breakfast was very polite and accommodating

• Single Room Ensuite

There is no disabled parking + no info on such parking in the area. I had an issue signing in because no-one was there when I arrived so I had to wait in the cold. It took half an hour before I could sign in. There were no dropped kerbs or wheelchair ramps. There was minimal assistance with my wheelchair and no help was offered on anything - I had to raise several points. My room door was held open by wet towels and the room was freezing. The portable heater didn't work properly and there wasn't enough bedding to keep me warm so I couldn't sleep properly. I could go on and a refund is clearly in order...

The kitchen staff were friendly

Room was drab and need modernisation. We stayed for NYE, when we got back to the hotel at 01:20 my husbands room that he was sharing with my sons fuse had gone so there were no lights. He went down stairs to complain, was told it would be sorted but it was not. They couldn’t shower in the morning as the bathroom was too dark. In the morning as we checked out the owner was asleep on the couch in the reception! There was no kettle??? What hotel doesn’t offer complimentary tea and coffee???? I booked two rooms together in January 2017 but my husband and son were on the third floor and me and my daughter were on the first floor, not even close

Location was perfect, easy to find

Poor decoration, exposed wiring, plugs not working, carpet dirty, dusty mousetrap under the bed, no tea or coffee making facilities in the room.

Comfortable bed

Very uncomfortable bed. Mattress needed to be replaced. Decoration was tired and needs updating.

Excellent breakfast. Friendly and helpful staff in the restaurant

Hot tap in bathroom was broken, towel rail lying in bottom of wardrobe and no mirror in bedroom (to see to dry hair).

Location good, bed comfy and pretty quiet.

• Single Room Ensuite

The receptionist had a bored and uninterested approach that I took to be quite rude. When asked whether I should leave the key when going out (as there was information to suggest you should do so), he replied no, just don't lose it. In the morning someone had left their key and a message "no one here when checking out".

Great location only a few minutes from Paddington train station. Excellent value for money, particularly considering it included a good cooked breakfast that was served within minutes of arrival in the dining room by a cheerful and efficient lady.

• Single Room Ensuite

Where to start... I arrived quite late (11.45pm) but the reception was billed as 24 hours. When I arrived there was no one around. I was a lone female and when I tried to enter the reception area, a man appeared to unlock it and told me to wait. I sat for a few minutes - the sofa was covered in someone's belongings, including their dinner. I got checked in pretty quickly and the staff member wasn't rude, but wasn't friendly. He told me my room was on the first floor and that was that (it was actually downstairs). Very basic room but what was expected for £40 a night for a single room. There was just a sheet and blanket on the bed so it got a little cold (it was -1c outside so a chilly night). There was an additional heater in the room but it made a weird ticking noise so I turned off to get some peace. At 1am, the fire alarm went off for 10 seconds and stopped. Nothing like that to wake you up and keep you up. Obviously there was no actual fire as it was switched off quickly and not followed up. I had an uncomfortable and restless night. The fire alarm went off again at 7.10am (I was already awake). When I went to breakfast, the only option seemed to be full English. I know this suits most people but when I asked for a bacon sandwich, the staff member had no clue what I was asking for (English was her second language, which I appreciate). I was offered coffee and toast but skipped. When I tried to checkout at 7.45am, reception was locked and no one was around, so I had to leave my key on a table... all in all not the best experience. I've stayed plenty of places that are basic, but with friendly and helpful staff, those things don't matter - this was not the case here.

The hotel is a very easy 5 minute walk from Paddington station which has all major transport links to anywhere you need to go in London.

No heat in room. No receptionist at the desk at times. Double charged. No elevator. Dangerous staircase. No hot water until 6 pm. WiFi not reaching upper floors. Kitchen staff rude and feisty. Poor breakfast. Lazy services. Light bulbs missing in room, so lighting is poor. Hazardous railing on stairs. Poor cleanliness. Receptionist sleeping at the reception during work hours (see photo). Guests couldn't get in to leave keys.

See above

Didnt try the food but the smell of breakfast was delightful. (Next time I stay I wont have a curry the night before). Room was ok although clearly on the list for a refurb in the near future. Shower worked well. Altogether it was a pleasant experience and I felt comfortable and safe there. Not a bad price for central London. Staff I met were helpful and friendly

Poor breakfast, no cereals or fruit, hot tap in bathroom was loose and could not be turned off correctly, one bed side light did not work. On the first night their fire alarm went off twice due to some ones bedroom radiator was to hot.

Just close to Paddington station

Absolutely disgusting place. 1.Dirty, freezing rooms 2.No shampoo or shower gels in the bathroom, only two pieces of used soaps 3.Rude staff Do not to book if you dont want to ruin your holidays in London.

the was awful .bunk bed next to tue door has u go in . the hot tap wasnt working.was broking the wardrobe was look like everything with a iron board and heater was no kettle to make a coffee in room cone to breakfast i jave to move tona different table throw in there.the furniture needs ti be update .

The room was basic and in need of refurbishment, but overall it was clean. The shower although scaled was hot and powerful enough. The bed was comfy but there were no extra blankets and it was cold. Don't expect toiletries/ tea coffee etc. For a cheap bed for the night, a shower and toilet in a fairly central location and a good cooked English breakfast included it was very good value for money.

This is a budget hotel with a comfy bed and a hot shower at a reasonable price. If you are not bothered about a kettle and makings and dont mind mouse traps in the ensuite this is the place to be. As a bloke looking for a place to kip I would use this again, but not to impress a lady. Thankyou

It was dirty, the house alarm went on two times during the night, it was freezing in our hotel room! One tap was defect and when we had breakfast, the staff was very unfriendly and the basket of the toast was dirty!

The area was nice, but the hotel was very bad!

• Single Room Ensuite

Very worn out interior. My room STANK of fried bacon every morning. The fire alarm went off 2 of 3 mornings without any fire emergency.

The location and distance to public transport.

The room wasn’t very clean, the bed was uncomfortable and dirty clothes underneath the bed, shower was very dirty and no mirror in the room r dressing table and it was very cold

Very dated, had to look under the bed as dropped something and seen clearly not ckeaned. Wall light fitting coming away from the wall. Shower needed repointing. Overall disappointing but I didn't pay a lot so had to put up

The heating wasn’t working therefore it was extremely cold in the middle of the winter. Bed is OK. Staff are nice but a bit useless. Over night staff at reception was sleeping when we came in and didn’t look to happy about being disturbed even though it’s a 24/7 reception.

For just over £20 a night each. You can’t go massively wrong. Ensuite was nice, shower was good. Room was out dated but you get what you pay for.

The stairs, the lack of amenities ie toiletries, tea/coffee facilities, fresh linen. We stayed 9 days. For the cost it was fine, quite basic but ok.

The fire alarm broke twice, at 3 and then at 7 in the morning. The room was freezing. There was no shower gel available. The WiFi doesn’t work. The TV had no remote control. The staff - spiteful.

NOTHING

• Single Room Ensuite

The wifi wasn’t working when I arrived and the gent at reception wasn’t very forthcoming with information re when it would work again... other than that I really only stayed for 6 hrs before a long flight home to Australia.. hard to judge anything else..

Location.. clean

the whole place. should not be on your site thats my own experiance.

nothing in the property. room badly in need of basic refurb. heater faulty and dangerous , told staff. curtains hanging of rail, electric sockets not fixed properly to walls. huge gap at bottom of door. fire alarm went off twice during the night. severe lack of basic housekeeping. the only positive thing i can honestly say is the breakfast was ok served very politely by hard working kitchen staff. we were located in room no.5 on the first floor absolutley shocking . paid for two nights but checked out next morning into another hotel in a different area of london. would not recomend this place to my worst enemy.

Was waiting at the reception for 30 min's for someone to check us in. Accessibility to the rooms - stairs very uneven and small the further you go up. Some halls extremely tight making it difficult to maneuver luggage

Staff were friendly and accommodating

• Single Room Ensuite

The shower water is not always hot enough.

The friendly staff led by the nice and helpful Tony, the supportive Matus and the active Appolonia and Anela. They also serve delicious English breakfast.

We were up 3 very steep flights of stairs to our twin room. Not ideal with a child. Asked to hand in key when leaving premises then when returned one time there wasn't anyone at reception to get the key back. Frustrated.

A smell when we arrived at reception of bad body odour. Lack of Towels, two medium sized towels for three people. Reception assured me there would be one left in reception when we arrived back that evening, no towel on arrival, no towel arrived the following morning until the evening, two days with two towels for three people!! Cardboard holding the bedroom window up. Graffiti all over the furniture. States WIFI throughout, No Wifi in the room, in the corridor!!! I complained and was told they would re-boot it, made no difference. The water from the shower was dangerous, my son was screaming as the water changed temperature and was scolding him Full English breakfast (had no sausages)! Tumbler in the bathroom was dirty. Spindle missing from the staircase with a nail sticking out where the spindle used to be, a child could easily open their hand on this. You would think they would make the effort to remove it!! Staff seemed lazy, apart from the ladies who cooked the Breakfast, they also cleaned and worked hard. Ideal location for London transport.

The advertising for this property is very misleading. In summary this place is tired, dirty, unwelcoming and grimy. With over 25 years traveling around the world this is the worst place I have ever stayed. The short version...... Front desk staff were very unhelpful and unfriendly from the moment we arrived. 6 months earlier when we booked I requested an exterior room with street view and easy access if possible (as I was travelling with my elderly mother). Our room was down a narrow hall, down steep stairs in the basement level, then down another narrow hallway. The room was grimy and dirty, the bottom sheet on both beds appeared used, there was a half sheet that wouldn't tuck in on the top, a very tired blanket and I hate to think when the top covers were last washed. We both had bites on legs in the morning and also water pipes directly past wall in room so anytime anyone flushed toilet it woke us up. 5am woken again with people in room above, at 6.30 breakfast staff were arguing (breakfast room was just down the hall from us. We had booked 3 nights. Decided to leave after the first night so our long awaited time in London wasn't totally ruined by the accommodation. I politely explained our concerns to the person on the front desk and advised them that we would be leaving and asked for our money back, refused to give us a refund for the 2 unused nights or even offer to address and fix our concerns. This property needs a through clean and staff need to have some serious customer service training.

Location was good

Fixture's & fittings aged but so is the building itself all could do with a good refurbishment.

A great central location handy to the Paddington Station & Heathrow Express train. An older hotel that could do with refurbishing but probably on a par with other similar local establishments. Offered a good English breakfast. Staff were pleasant & helpful.

Weak wife connection Very small and tight room Room, blancket, bathroom are not clean Heater for the shower is not working probably Poor breakfast No elevator

Good location near the metro station Friendly stuff at reception

The hotel is poorly managed. The triple room we had was old and outdated. No bin or tea/coffee facilities in the room. No duvets. TV was placed high up on wall so when in double bed couldn’t see it clearly, and if you sleep in the single bed you couldn’t see it at all as it’s above your head! Breakfast was fine but staff very unfriendly when we showed at 9am (1/2 hour before the finish time)

Only the location