Reviews of Northampton Marriott Hotel 4 stars

Eagle Drive, Northampton, NN4 7HW, United Kingdom

#2 of 15 hotels in Northampton

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Room was expensive I paid 150 room only and expected a nicer room. Toilet pull came out of wall hard to flush. Needed grouting on floor . I had to ask for more coffee in my room. Fridge would of been nice. Did not feel value for money

Breakfast was excellent bed was comfortable. Nice and quiet.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

The room I stayed in had a faulty light in the bathroom which was a nuisance. The hotel didn’t have a lift and while I look well and healthy I have a back condition and a lift is useful

The staff were very nice. The restaurant was good if a bit expensive

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Some building work going on in the ground floor but not too intrusive.

Staff are really friendly and helpful. We explained to the restaurant staff during breakfast about us being vegan and they got the chef to prepare some vegan sausages and some mushrooms which were fantastic.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Very expensive breakfast and room menu. We went elsewhere for an excellent breakfast at half the price. You should review your pricing in this area.

Great room with plenty of space, large bed, clean and great light blocking curtains. Late bar was good - we were on a weekend vacation

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

There was nothing we disliked during our stay, highly recommended

Hotel staff were extremely friendly and helpful, check in process was very quick. Good was good value and the breakfast was also excellent. Would definitely go back and would also recommend the hotel.

• Deluxe Queen or King Room

The breakfast was excellent, lots of choice, good value for money. The hotel was clean and tidy and the rooms were a great size. The pool was a little shallow, however great for a morning dip and the jacuzzi and steam room and sauna were a great addition. Overall really good value for money.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

One of the nights we stayed we had two single beds put together and they were not level and we both woke up with back pain.

Staff are very friendly and helpful. Great sized rooms and we would highly recommend the room service!

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

For one room for two people to have breakfast it was £20 and another was £26... I understand it was not pre-booked but would have been good to kept the same.

everything was amazing, we was there for our wedding in Towcester so had family and friends all together.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Poor plumbing in the superior room meant the toilets couldn’t flush properly.Far too much effort required just to flush the toilet!

The staff were friendly, the location was great!

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Walked into room that had half naked drunk lady already checked into it , back and forth to get sorted , slow staff in and expensive hotel , car parking spaces were tiny and not what I needed after 3 hours driving . Sink broken in wc and bath very dirty , nothing in fridge , no room Service available despite being told there was , 1 towel for 2 people ! also no toilet roll !

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Only problem was because we had been out the night before we wasn’t aloud in the swimming pool in the morning.

Lovely hotel, woman at reception was lovely

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

The shower was dripping constantly they came to fix and it stoped then started again was really irritating

Breakfast was the best breakfast I have ever eaten in a hotel

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Fix the noisy showers in the leisure facility

Great selection of tea and coffee in the bedroom, very clean and tidy overall. Staff were very friendly and interested for my reason in staying upon checkin which I felt really nice

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Nothing I can tell.my stay was really good and I can't complain, though their was a misunderstanding of my booking and was later sorted on and I stay st Marriot Hotel as it was my choice.

All was good within my expectations.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

The earlier room 268 we were given had air on malfunctioning before it was changed to 266. The challenge should have been known before sending us to the initial room.

The low level effect of the Room of a bungalow.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Checkout. I'd prebooked an offer with no refunds and was told that the money would be taken from my account immediately. On checkout I was asked what card I wanted to use and it was not made clear that no money had been taken. Once at home I checked my account and I obviously hadn't prepaid.

Only stayed one night and didn't really use any of the facilities other than breakfast before our departure. Everything about our room and the breakfast was good.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

More like crossroads motel over priced old and dated heating didn't work in room

Not a lot, but meal nice and good selection of ale's but London prices

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

toilet would not flush, usb charger port did not work at side of bed, no plug sockets near the bed

the staff were great - friendly, helpful and accomodating, food was great and car park was free and safe

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

pillows were a bit too soft but thats just a personal preference

The spa facilities were amazing, the TV reception/channel selection was great, super hospitable staff, overall great experience

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

The hotel was very cold in the bedroom and dinning area. Menu did not have good choice of food and expensive Drinks were also expensive way over hotel prices

Location as the course we attended was at the same venue

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

I stayed on a Saturday night and there were 2 functions- so very noisy corridor throughout the night - people shouting and doors slamming.

Tea and coffee making facilities in the room and biscuits.

• Superior King Room with Sofa Bed

Wasn't happy couldn't have couldn't have room service without having a Visa card wouldn't put it on debit card without taking money first of your card then refunding the difference on checkout and then refunding it 10 days later ruined house stay couldn't relax at to get back up and go downstairs to eat in the restaurant wouldn't stay there again

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

A common complaint of mine with all the major chains. Why can't you give a free bottle of water in the room? Why do I need to pay £2.75 for a small bottle at the bar? Leaves a very bad impression when smaller hotels offer free water in the rooms. It's not just this hotel or even Marriott - Hilton do it too

It is what one expects from a large business chain. The rooms are all the same - mine was about 200 yards along corridors and down stairs not withstanding that hardly anyone was staying. However it was quiet. The hotel is a couple of miles outside the town and there is nothing there but the hotel. I got a great rate but I did book well in advance and pre paid.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Room size is a bit small for a Marriott hotel, also the lobby/reception area is very small. However it is a decent size room and bathroom. Only a small bottle of water in the room not enough for 2 people. Mini Fridge has no stock. Room Service is quite pricey.

Bed was very comfy, large tv in the room, bigger than most hotels I have been to. There were good quality biscuits complimentary in the room jammy dodgers and ginger. Ice bucket and glasses provided. Swimming pool facilities are amazing!

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

The prices in the restaurant are quite high, especially for Northampton. Although the food and service is great, I still find it kind of expensive. Using the "stand-by upgrade" (cheap upgrade when an upgrade is available during check-in) I a Superior Queen room instead of the (standard) Deluxe Queen room. However, the Superior was actually a smaller room and the only difference I could spot between the rooms is having a sofa instead of a big chair, and robes and slippers available in the closet. This was a bit disappointing and definitely not worth any extra money. Important thing to add: this was NOT applicable to my stay I booked via Booking.com but to a stay a few weeks after.

I'm travelling weekly to Northampton for work. I've stayed a few times at Holiday Inn, but gave the Marriott a try after recommendations from colleagues. Since then, I'm staying every week at Marriott because you get so much extra it definitely worth the bit extra money, if any. With the Marriott app you can get all the service you need and like, such as ordering an extra duvet or pillow. The bathroom is nice with shower and bathtub. Beds are good as well, with a big TV which you can easily connect with you phone or computer (bluetooth, HDMI) or use your Spotify account on it. Breakfast is one of the best I ever had in a hotel. Fresh croissants, waffles, muffins, bagels, baguettes, rolls and smoothies. They serve excellent Starbucks cappuccinos. There is a full English breakfast available, cereals/muesli/granola with many add-ons, meat, cheese, spreads, and salmon for on your bread. I saw also eggs ordered as guests wanted them. Restaurant serves great food as well. The staff is always friendly and helpful. Lastly, the leisure centre is great plus as well. There is a (med/small) swimming pool, spa (bubble bath), 2 different saunas (steam and infrared) and a mini-gym (but with more than enough capacity).

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

The breakfast wasn't that good. Also if you say to leave your card open they take a extra £50 and didn't tell us that is what they are doing they say it will go back in to account.

The room was very nice

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

We booked the hotel because if it’s service and name. On arrival we were told there will be no food or drinks. Staff advised to order food from outside and refused to collect from delivery guy and deliver to our room. Not what we expected from Marriot actually it was more like staying at travelodge. At time of booking there was no notice that Restuarant will be closed or there will be no food/drinks. It was clearly stated the price includes room service.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

The property was old, heating did not work and the bedding was too thin considering the room was so cold and was winter.

I was staying for party which was at the hotel and that there was free parking

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

A Shiraz costs £8+ per large glass .

Extra friendly, nice European look being warm and luxurious throughout, great bar, nice food, amazing beds and rooms, TV nice size and good for long stays (access to HDMI), decent little gym along with pool/jacuzzi/steam room and sauna.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Honestly - I can't really thing of anything negative about this stay - maybe, if we are nit-picking, the distance from the site I was at, but that was my choice on the day to get the best deal and best hotel available

Stayed here after a visit to Franklin Gardens - a bit out of the way for that location but glad I made the detour. The staff could not have been more welcoming and helpful. Rooms were immaculate and tidy. Only checked out the bar as I arrived late, but the service was excellent despite having a function on that night. Best part of this stay was the bed - best I have slept in, in a hotel, and I do at least 3 nights a week on the road. Not a bad thing to say really - would recommend. I got a cracking price of around 80 for the night so for me it was exceptional value for money or a Friday night in Northampton

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Tired, dirty, noisy fan in the room that you couldn't switch off, pricey, bed uncomfortable, don't even get a breakfast for the pricey rooms.

loved it all

bed was lovely but most of all the staff were amazing, kind, and thoughtful. food was very good and facilitys good, had such a relaxing time away from my busy life

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

The unfortunate fire that affected our corridor and caused evacuation into rainy cold night Relocation di not take too long, but noise went on into the night

Choice of Breakfast Great. Dinner at hotel expensive- for me, but excellent flavour and preparation. Problem with payment- incompletely , accidentally, confusingly, inaccurate- sorted out by duty manager on presentation.

• Deluxe Queen or King Room

The bed was so comfortable, we stayed the night after our wedding. We were shattered! Room was perfect, plenty of room and breakfast was great the next morning.

• Deluxe Queen or King Room

Bed hard, w/ sore backs in A.M. Asked for extra pillows due to pillows flattening out fairly quickly. Could have used heavier duvet or extra blanket in room. There is no lift at this hotel.

We loved the restaurant and bar area, great service in each!! Reception was also very friendly and helpful. We would definitely recommend this hotel for quiet location yet not far from motorway.

• Deluxe Queen or King Room

The food was a let down, not only was it expensive, it wasn't actually that great! The discretionary service charge on all food ordered is 12.5%, so no-one has to work for the tips, which you could see was reflected in the service

Room was comfortable and well appointed, there was a bit of corridor noise but none at all from outside. Leisure facilities are good, gym, pool etc. and the changing rooms were clean

• Deluxe Queen or King Room

Safe parking, large bed, good sized room with good insulation and heating, the pool was amazing and breakfast was tasty we had a really good time, great value for money.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Breakfast could do with more vegetarian options. Smoke salmon in the cold food section, choice of vegetarian sausages.

Bed very comfortable, pillows nice and fluffy just the way I like them. Bedroom spacey, the big size TV, spacey wardrobe, easy to use safe. The room had everything that I needed in the room.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Food in the grill poor value. Trout nicosie, supposed to be a 'special' as dry as a bone with one black olive and one boiled egg, no dressing. Short rib of beef with seasonal greens, a fatty short rib with more globulars of fat than meat and seasonal greens were a few chopped leeks. Costing near £34. A rip off! Breakfast no full fat milk for cereal- hadn't been delivered!

Comfy bed

• King Suite with Sofa Bed

The hinge of the door inside was coming off as if it had been kicked and in the jacuzzi bath, the water was labelled wrong so to get cold water you had to turn on the hot and to get hot you turn on the cold. Also there were no indications of hot or cold on the shower.

The room was quite big. Much spacious than any other room in a Marriot. The staff were friendly. The bathroom was very big and spacious too.

• Deluxe Queen or King Room

Drinks in the bar were little expensive but this didn't spoil our stay

Staff were welcoming rooms spacious leisure facilities available good choice of food and drinks. Complimentary toiletries and tea making facility plus bottles of water. .Excellent venue for that special occasion. Relaxing and comfortable beds. Finally beautiful view over countryside

• Deluxe Queen or King Room

My view was crap literally looking in the gym, the breakfast wasn’t that nice food was just about warm, so I wasn’t overly impressed I paid for a room with a whirlpool bath, and didn’t get it my room was bascally the same as my friends room that was £45 cheaper, when I questioned this I just got “sorry erm we’ll put a note on your account for next time” So I would strongly advise checking the room before you pay for it. I made that mistake I’d say the premier inn would be better value for money.

The bed was nice; the tv was good and the air con was fantastic

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

We loved how friendly the staff was and how they made us feel very welcome the food was outstanding and we can't wait to till the next time we stay.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Room was a bit dusty on first day but after leaving a message it was soon rectified. The square pillows.Much prefer the traditional shaped pillows. The restaurant menus weren't that impressive but were adequate for our stay.Room service menu was best.

The quietness of location.Felt as if you were in countryside but very near to motorway.The atmosphere in bar restaurant area in evening was great mainly due to bar staff.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

One of the front line receptionists was very rude but overall staff were good

Nice comfortable hotel with a nice restaurant and bar area with a nice outside garden sitting area

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

I don't know why this hotel doesn't have enough of good reviews but I really enjoyed my stay in this hotel! Check in went smooth with Zoltán! Easy car park, was very great room very clean and with a beautiful lake view! Bed was slightly small as I got used to have king size but it was very comfy and I slept amazing!! I also really enjoyed the spa steam room and sauna also jacuzzi and swimming pool. The guy who worked at the spa was very friendly! We also ordered burgers with chips and I have to say it's been a while I haven't had that yummy hand cut chips!! I was really impressed! Overal I'm rating my stay at 10/10! Thanks guys for a great experience I learned with tripadvisor or any other applications not to trust so much the reviews but check it myself and I can say I had no regrets that I've chosen Marriot for my weekend break!! Will definitely come back!

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

The only thing we couldn't work out was the aircon (even though it seemed really simple) the temperature wouldn't alter .... minor after everything being so lovely !!

The room was lovely, staff the same. The bed was so comfy and the breakfast was so nice. I let the hotel know it was my partners birthday and they made the room look even nicer including some chocolate and wine. Very impressed and lovely touch

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

The air conditioning wasn't working at all! The room was boiling all night and neither the reception nor room service were able to help! They could have offered me a different room

• Superior King Room with Sofa Bed

Could hear people above us moving around but there was a wedding going on so it could of been worse.

The room, breakfast, swimming pool and staff was excellent

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Rooms could do with modernising. Unfortunately the room doors make a huge bang while closing/early birds disturb sleep.

All in all a lovely clean hotel. Breakfast had a very nice selection and was good value for money.

Requested a double bed but had 2 singles pushed together

Breakfast was of a really good standard, everything was fresh, plenty of selection & very good quality

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Location a little out of the way. Slightly steep bar prices but that is being very picky.

Excellent facilities, Excellent breakfast, huge comfortable bed, Superb friendly attentive staff

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Perhaps at check-in it could be explained that breakfast is cheaper if booked the day before. £10 instead of £15.95 on the day. Other members of my family had pre booked breakfast or added it at check-in.

Staff were very friendly and helpful both at check in, breakfast and in the bar. Nothing too much trouble. Beds were comfy and loved the square pillows. Excellent location for overnight stop to attend a wedding at Delapre Abbey. Plenty of free parking.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

complicated tele/phone set up - gave up but concept was great.

Blackout curtains, size of room, great storage in room, seating area was added bonus

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

For the price of £100.00 for one night with breakfast, the accommodation lacked spark and as mentioned, worn in need of refurbishment and the tiles in the bathroom were mouldy. Walking down the corridor to your room, there were cups on table tops and were still there the day after! We were also told that breakfast was served on Monday until 11.00am, we were misinformed as when we came down after 10.00 am we were told breakfast had finished, however the staff did accommodate us with a cooked breakfast and some continental croissant, ham, cheese and coffee.

The room is in need of refurbishment as the bathroom and room itself was tacky and worn. At Reception, you had to wait a little before someone signed you in, there was no one at hand when you walked in to meet and greet you!

• Deluxe Queen or King Room

We stayed in room 307 bath was dirty every time you flushed the toilet the bathroom stunk of sewage. Cobwebs on lamp shades in bar lounge area by patio doors . A little disappointed for what it cost .

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Breakfast was expensive and we didn't bother to have breakfast at the hotel Two wedding receptions on each evening made for a noisy overspill of people into the public areas

Friendly service in the restaurant, good value dinners .really comfortable bed .

• Deluxe Queen or King Room

I didn't like that there was no free wifi (this is 2017 and pubs and cafes supply free wifi so why can't an upmarket hotel chain)also a 12.5% "discretionary" service charge on food is a bit cheeky does this money even get anywhere near the people who actually serve you.

Breakfast was good with plenty of choice.

• Deluxe Queen or King Room

Unfortunately there were two parties going on at the time we stayed so the bar was extremely noisy and some boisterous drunk revellers! The party were allowed to keep the door to their room open so the music could be 'enjoyed' throughout the hotel!! Disappointed as I would expect a quieter bar area.

Very clean throughout. Comfortable room.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

The bed was extremely comfy and the shower was lovely. As we were a group meeting to celebrate a Wedding Anniversary at the nearby golf club,the hotel was very handy for both playing golf then attending the party in the evening.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Found hair in my breakfast which put me off the rest. Also found a needle in the bed room on the floor..thank God my daughter or any of us didnt step on it

Staff was very polite and helpful

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Our bathroom was dirty, hairs in the bath!! Our room was car park facing and a car alarm was intermittently going off all night we reported to reception however they hadn't registered who's vehicle it was!! The staff at breakfast were not very good and unfortunately the breakfast was cold.

Staff in the grill restaurant were very good on the evening we checked in and the food was good too.

• Deluxe Queen or King Room

the only things we seemed to find awkward were credit cards had to be pre authoriised for drink/bar tabs felt untrusted something i had not come across before but maybe its policy now not sure and kept being asked about whether we had our card pre authorised when being served every time was getting annoying Sttaf seemed a bit hard to communicate with

bed comfy and very big breakfast lovely

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

One of the quietest rooms we've stayed in and we've stayed in many. Staff friendly and efficient room clean and air conditioning welcome during the hottest weekend of the year

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Wifi cost was extortionate so didn't use (£15 for 24 hours!). Also had to go down a flight of stairs to get to my room (room 128) with no lift carrying all my luggage. Was also a bit of a labyrinth to get to.

Easy to get to. Lovely room. King size bed. Plenty of parking. Great breakfast. Friendly staff.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

It would have been helpful to have known when using booking.com that a ground floor room could be chosen, as my partner has walking difficulties. It would also have been helpful if the long corridors could have had a seat every so often.

The staff – reception, the bar, the pool and at breakfast – were extremely helpful without being obtrusive. The beds were very comfortable, and we want to get a mattress like theirs! If other Marriott hotels are like this, we want to stay at them too. We were performing in a play produced by Lynx Theatre and Poetry in the evening, and the service meant that we were able relax completely after the journey and before the performance.

• Superior King Room with Sofa Bed

Paid a little extra for a garden view when in fact we were overlooking the road. No worries though as we were hardly in the room.

Staff exceptionally helpful and friendly.

• Reviewed: 10 May 2017

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Very noisy in the bedroom with other residents in the room above running around for extensive periods of time. Cold water tap in the bath did not work. Cleanliness in the room could have been improved - very dusty in places and a dirty mark on the inside of the bathroom door.

Comfortable bed and pillows. Good wi-fi. Conference facilities and catering good.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

I only booked the hotel as it had a pool. We arrived to a notification to say the pool had been closed due to an issue and would remind closed. Therefore I feel I paid well more for my stay than necessary and would not have chosen this hotel knowing that.

The girl on the reception desk was very helpful.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

We booked the hotel as a mini spa break so we were disappointed to find the sauna not in operation when we arrived with no plan to repair it over the Easter weekend.

The hotel room was immaculate and very comfy. The TV and channel choice was brilliant with Sky Sports included. There was good tea and coffee facilities available in the room. Breakfast was great with a range of cooked foods, pastries, cereal, fruits and juices. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff. The leisure facilities were good, with comfortable changing facilities, complimentary newspapers and magazines and free towel rental.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Inconsistencies between rooms - last time we stayed in a room of the same description but it was considerably larger, and the bed was almost twice the size, so we were slightly disappointed that our room didn't meet the same standard on this occasion, however we would not have been disappointed had this been our first stay.

Excellent service!

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

More variety on the menu. Staff should be aware what is suitable for vegetarians, halaal/kosher diets and people who have allergies. Didn't appreciate Booking.com reservation and mistakes leading up to my stay at the hotel.

Comfortable room but limited choice on menu.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

• Deluxe Queen or King Room

Breakfast very poor compared to other Marriotts that we stay at. Limited choice of fresh fruit, pastries and juice. Cooked food cold and dried up.

• Reviewed: 14 April 2017

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

No dressing gown in room. When I called to ask for a dressing gown I was told there were none. I think for a delux double this was very poor.

The convenience to my location. The food was nice in the restaurant. Staff were very friendly.

• Deluxe Queen or Twin Room

Leisure facilities could do with updating however it was clean and relaxing

Lovely friendly staff very helpful nothing was to much trouble and thank you for the little extras for our silver anniversary 😁 Would stay here again