Reviews of Number 10 Hotel 4 stars

10/12 Queens Drive Glagow, South, Glasgow, G42 8BS, United Kingdom

#30 of 76 hotels in Glasgow

• Budget Double Room

I stayed in a basic double room so it was quite small - big enough for me on my own. En-suite seemed huge in comparison!

The bar area was lovely and the hotel is nicely decorated throughout,

• Budget Double Room

The fact I was charged 10 pounds for a Gin and tonic ... I only had one but supposedly it was a double... I did not request a double. Not impressed. Noisy neighbors coming and going slamming doors.

Lack of parking space

Perfect location from Hampden after seeing Ed Sheeran. Bed was extremely comfortable. Room was immaculate. Would definitely stay again.

• Club Double Room

The double bed was actually 2 single beds pushed together. Which was really annoying. Disappointing for over £100 stay.

Clean and tidy. Room was a very good size.

• Classic Double Room

Weather was really hot, but radiator was still on full heat in the bathroom - and we couldn't turn it off - making it very uncomfortable. Window in bedroom only tilts open and sash window in bathroom overlooked busy area of hotel so couldn't be left open.

Exceptionally friendly staff on Reception and in Bar and Restaurant. We arrived 3 hours early but were checked in within half an hour. Stayed in the hotel for an Ed Sheeran concert at Hampden. Very easy 10 minute walk to the stadium. Hotel bar was open when we returned from concert so we were able to enjoy a couple of relaxing drinks afterwards. Great atmosphere in the bar - the staff are truly happy in their jobs and enjoyed showing off their cocktail making skills and chatting to the customers. Food in bar and at breakfast the next morning were both excellent - and once again great staff and service. Hotel nicely renovated. Our room in the annex was a good size and had a corner bath in bathroom with a really good shower over. Tea, coffee and biscuits in room.

• Classic Double Room

The No 10, as well as being the perfect location for our concert at Hampden Park, was fantastic. The attention to detail from the staff, exemplified by the outside bar with ice cold beer and hot-dogs in one of the most beautiful beer gardens I’ve ever been! The staff couldn’t have done enough for us and really went the extra mile. I can’t wait to stay here again!

• Classic Double Room

The no 10 was excellent.nothing to dislike.

The proximity to the venue were at.the friendly staff.the comfortable bed.we thoroughly enjoyed our stay despite it being only a short one.

• Club Double Room

Carpets and stairs stained and grubby Window sills in main entrance covered in dead insects. Poor quality furniture. Rotting dirty window frame in toilet, with flaking paint. Vomit or faecal matter around outside of toilet bowl. Piles of wood and broken brickwork on the perimeter walls. Poor quality, overpriced and cold undercooked barfood Could not turn bathroom light on unless main room lights were on

The towels were good quality

• Classic Twin Room

The staff were so friendly nothing was a bother. Food was great to and not too expensive. Location for Hampden park is ideal. Would definitely stay here again. It also has a lovely seating area outside.

• Club Twin Room

Very warm (unusual for Scotland) and no air con. However this probably is rarely going to be an issue.

Ideal location for hampden. Walking distance. Staff all very friendly and helpful. Food was good and cocktails lovely.

• Classic Twin Room

Far too hot. Windows only open so far and only 2 fans in the hotel which were both in use. Felt like there was underfloor heating but there wasn’t!

Great location for attending an event at Hampden

• Club Twin Room

Service was just ok. Would have been nice if the staff at night on the bar had offered to get us a taxi. Gave us numbers but no help at all when we said we couldnt get through. Yet, booked taxi later for non residents!

Location for concert we were attending.

• Budget Double Room

Booked hotel in advance. Not expensive at £85 for a double. Old Victorian building with nice facade. Warren of narrow corridors and stairs to find the smallest hotel room imaginable. A double bed with just about enough space for two persons or their luggage – but not both. Told reception that it was unsatisfactory, and we were subsequently offered an upgrade for an extra £20. I said this was not satisfactory and we would cancel and look elsewhere. I was then told that we had paid in advance and there would be no refund available – “over a barrel” springs to mind. The manager then became involved and he quoted “there is a double bed and so it is a double room”. Customer service not his strong point. I tried to explain that shoe horning a double bed into a 10 x 9 doth not a double room define. Paid the extra £20. Beware the Number 10 Hotel in Glasgow.

• Classic Double Room

Noisy all night had to be moved and breakfast should be better, would only say its a 3 star not 4

Front garden sitting out in the Sun & bar staff friendly.

• Budget Double Room

Breakfast was good the first day and not so good the second. Tv should be mounted on the wall or on a higher table for better visibility.

Staff were helpful and the proximity to the train station was very convenient

• Budget Double Room

We have stayed here a couple of times before and the rooms have been great. Sadly the particular room on this occasion was very poor. It was small - not a problem as we were only there overnight. However it was extremely hot and the radiator could not be adjusted. There was a large ventilation pipe running alongside the window which meant if you opened the window it was extremely noisy and brought in the smells from the kitchen. No window in the bathroom and the ventilation there did not work. No niceties- pictures etc gave the feeling of sleeping in the broom cupboard. We had booked well in advance and when we advised staff of our dissatisfaction with the room it was explained that it was an ‘economy’ room. The price quoted was over £100 which is not an ‘economy ‘ price for out of the city centre. Staff were reasonable and apologetic when we discussed this with them and we have had good stays there previously. On this occasion we did not have a comfortable stay or a good night’s sleep so no option but to give low scores. I wouldn’t say you should not consider staying here - just don’t accept room 19!

Good setting, great staff

• Budget Double Room

The room was quite old in comparison to other hotels. The bed was uncomfortable and the TV was tiny, For the price I could have stayed in a much nicer hotel. I went for location over comfort.

The breakfast was incredible and the staff was lovely.

can't think of anything

we had our rooms upgraded. They were very comfortable and it was very quiet. Food was unbelievably good. Staff very helpful and pleasant

• Budget Double Room

Room 19 - just awful. Booked a budget double room - very small room, felt very bare - no nice decorative touches. Not the end of the world as we would only be in the room to sleep but this room felt like it belonged to a different hotel. Radiator was broken - on '0' but still hot. Reported to reception who said that the heating is on more or less all the time, and that she'd get the manager to take a look. I'm not sure if anyone looked as we ate out but we heard nothing further on it and it was still hot when we got back. I'm not a particularly light sleeper but was woken up at 4am due to a machine in the roof-space above or directly adjacent to the room beginning to vibrate violently. This lasted half an hour. Then at 6am, the boiler system kicked in, the exhaust of which was right outside the window and very noisy - we had the window open as it was so warm in the room. Sheeting on the bed was plasticky and very uncomfortable especially in such a hot room. Only about a minutes worth of warm water from the shower in the morning, went cold after that. I obviously can't comment on other rooms - I doubt they are all like the one we had but, Room 19 is definitely not 4*.

Beautiful looking hotel on first impression, great looking reception, stairs and bar area. Good location for city centre. Receptionist was efficient at check in. Can't fault the cleanliness of the room.

• Classic Double Room

There was a wedding that we weren't informed of that which spilled over into the whole hotel. We had travelled 3 hours and were exhausted and hungry. We could not eat as we had to wait for the wedding. Totally unacceptable Absolutely shocking. Noise past 12:00, and slamming doors. Won't be returning.

Secure parking.

• Club Double Room

No hot water in one of the rooms. For a short stay the location is too far from Edinburgh town centre.

The food in the restaurant was good and Shaun (sp?) was great. Most helpful and efficient.

• Budget Double Room

Poor wi fi Room not serviced Damp towels not removed from room No price on breakfast and when I asked how much it cost I was told they would just charge it to my room. No explanation of prices

The bar area

• Budget Double Room

There was no long mirror in the room the only mirror was over the dressing table and when you tried to check your appearance in it all you could see was the middle third of your body. Also there was no towel rail in the bathroom. We had asked for a ground floor room as my husband has walking difficulties but were put in a first floor room in the annexe, to get to it you had to go up some very scary stairs, even for an able bodied person. They were almost spiral and the hand rail wobbled badly

• Classic Double Room

I liked the stay all good but looked at booking again for May and the price had doubled, not worth that money plus my company would not pay that rate, shame as it’s comvienient

Very pleasant staff

• Classic Double Room

I found the bed very hard and had a poor sleep. I thought the hotel could do with a refurbishment as the reception area looked tired. A bit disappointed as I expected a bit smarter from a boutique hotel.

Staff friendly and helpful.Rooms were clean and nicely decorated .Good location for getting into centre of Glasgow

• Classic Double Room

We were 'upgraded' to a Club Room which was very large with acres of floor space, but it had a tiny TV which was difficult to see clearly from the bed!

Great location for getting Hampden Stadium

• Classic Double Room

The WIFI really needs to be sorted. We could get online with the Mac, but not with our iPhones. Even then the access page kept flashing up and clicking on any link brought you straight to the Hotel home page. Very irritating.

Our room was a good size. It was very clean and comfortable. A good breakfast was on offer. Staff were very friendly and helpful. For us, the location was very good - not so far from the city centre. We would be happy to make a return visit.

Although told the rooms had been upgraded they were equal to what I would expect of a four star hotel at the prices paid. And thought only one offer of £11.99 for breakfast did not allow for people that only have tea and a slice of toast or a bowl of cereal , two tariffs would have stopped us from eating elsewhere.

When a suit had been left behind in one room the member of staff was helpful on the telephone regarding getting it posted back home, however, after paying almost £200 for the 2 rooms for 1 night, this is the first time I have been asked to pay to get an item returned and I travel with my work on a weekly basis. The room temperature for sleeping was good.

• Budget Double Room

We booked the budget room. I would rather book in a hostel next time. The receptionist was impatient to the point of rudeness. There was a weddingwith loud music and drunk guests next door. Our room was at least 10 degrees colder than the corridor

• Classic Double Room

Large bright room. Well heated with good openable windows. Well fitted bathroom. Excellent breakfast. There is a station close by for trains into central Glasgow.

• Budget Double Room

however when we arrived we got "upgraded" only to find we didn't have a double bed it was two singles pushed together which was really uncomfortable

The rooms and bathrooms are great

• Classic Double Room

The mattress on the bed was old and not fit for purpose, unable to make a compliant in the morning as the desk was unattended with somebody to check me out. I had to leave the hotel unable to get a invoice or a receipt for outstanding items for my stay. I asked the breakfast waiter to get the hotel to contact me before taking this off my card, I`m still waiting for any contact. its a real shame very smart hotel but poor comfort facilities. it is becoming more regular that hotels are hit and miss for comfort, I will be only booking hotels who guarantee bed quality moving forward.

• Budget Double Room

Door on shower was a bit wonky.

This was my third time staying at this hotel. On previous ocassions it was to attend football matches at Hampden for which it is a great choice to avoid the queing for the train etc. This time it was to be close to my son who lives locally. Hotel is very comfortable, very large room and bed and and a large shower room. I did not eat at the hotel this time, so cannot comment if the standard had changed from the previous high standard. All staff were very engaging and cheerful. I would certainly stay here again and recommend without hesitation.

• Budget Double Room

Really friendly hotel staff who were always happy to help. Our room was nicely laid out and very clean. Will definitely will return to the hotel in the future.

• Budget Double Room

Room was Tiny but mid price range our cheaper room night before was bigger and smarter. No sound proofing. Could clearly hear people talking outside room felt as if in room. Smell of food in room together with sound of vent from kitchen just below. Quite shabby decor in places. First day not enough lighting on staircase although this was rectified later

Breakfast and staff.

• Classic Twin Room

When I arrived I couldn’t work out how to use the key cards to get into my room in the building next door. It took four trips back to reception (in the pouring rain) before they reluctantly came and showed me. I thought that was pretty poor. Yes, it’s easy when you know how, but not necessarily for first-time visitors. I thought the bar, where we had meals, was a bit dark and gloomy.

The location was lovely and perfect for me. The hotel was quiet and clean, and the room had everything I needed. The food was nicely cooked.

• Budget Double Room

Room was small and oddly shaped (part of an original room?). There were six hangers in a cheap wardrobe but no hooks in either room and only one (high) shelf. Room was by a vent from the kitchen and frying smell pervaded the bathroom both evenings. Overnight hum was distracting. Staff were polite but mostly uninterested; our request to switch rooms was denied.

Room was clean and warm and the bathroom was adequately large. Shower arrangement was crude but effective.

• Classic Double Room

Very clean comfortable room, well serviced and well maintained. All the staff were courteous, polite and very attentive, this is now our fourth stay in this hotel and we highly recommend it and will book here in preference to any other.

• Classic Twin Room

The lane to the car park needs attention - there are lots of holes that need some filling in and there was a huge dip right at the entrance.

Comfy bed, pleasant staff, good food.

• Budget Double Room

The staff were very friendly and informative. Unfortunately I did not have dinner, due to other arrangements I had made. I am not a breakfast person. The room was ideal for my needs, and the bed enormous and so comfortable.

• Budget Double Room

The driveway into the car park, at the rear off the property, was horrendous. We actually couldn't see the start of the driveway, as it was covered by a large puddle & then lots of potholes all the way up. To be fair, it looks as if it could be a shared driveway with other properties.

Staff were all very helpful & friendly. Bedroom had plenty room, with a view over the park. Good value for bed only.

• Budget Double Room

The only small negative was he breakfast plates were cold and his cooled the breakfast. The staff agreed to discus this and try to rectify. The carpark at the rear was difficult to get into as the gully between the road and the entrance was flooded (not the hotels fault!). Low level cars would find it impossible to go through.

• Budget Double Room

Location, Friendly service, although the room was a little small, it was clean, comfortable and adequate for a single nights stay, with a competitive price range.

• Classic Double Room

Would have been lovely to have more tea/coffee/sugar/milk, although I'm sure if we'd asked we would have been given some!

A good, well-priced room with good facilities and friendly, helpful staff. Lovely views across a park and nice wide surrounding roads with plenty of street parking.

• Budget Double Room

No facilities in bathroom for setting out cosmetics. Light bulbs blown in room. Bedside light fitting broken off. All noticed on day one. Breakfast on first morning was wholly unedible - it was disgusting. We were not charged for this and didn’t use the restaurant facilities again. Second night there was a function on, the racket was unbearable and the noise from arguing revellers could be heard in our room on the top floor plus the disco carried on well past the official finish time of midnight. Worst of all I ripped my foot on something at the foot of the bed. I discovered in the morning there was a huge hole in the mattress with a spring sticking out. Whoever made the bed must have seen the damage but did nothing about it. We provided all the above to reception by way of feedback and they took our e-mail address saying management would get back to us. That was nearly one month ago and we’ve heard nothing apart from them asking us to provide positive feedback via trip advisor. We are back in Glasgow this weekend to visit the same area but needless to say we are staying elsewhere.

Contacted by staff soon after entering the bedroom to check if everything was okay. Great stuff, but it went downhill thereafter.

• Budget Double Room

A supposed 4 star hotel should have some leisure facilities, baths in all rooms, bottled water provided and adequate clothes storage. Hotel 10 fell down on all of these counts. Carrying heavy bags up to the second floor as there is no lift wasn't much fun.

Staff were friendly, service was good. Food was well cooked.

• Budget Double Room

Unfirtunately we were charged twice and i had to prove this before anyone would look into it for me. Although the room was very pleasant it was rather small.

Lovely building and decor

• Budget Double Room

The party was crammed in to get as much profit as possible. Not enough space left to dance as most areas covered by tables. Food was good but the portions were small.

I paid for a larger room which was fine, but a little shabby and dated. Whole place looked like it needed a good tidy up and renovation in some parts.

• Classic Double Room

No real difficulties. The split doors at the top of the second floor might prove difficult if you have a lot of luggage.

Bed was very comfortable. Bathroom was nice and shower cubicle was large. Staff very helpful.

• Classic Double Room

upgraded to an apartment!! as they were full,if this was an upgrade i hate to think what the rooms were like, smelt very musty and damp an away from the main hotel. breakfast very poor, 2 small Bain -maries with very little in, poached eggs on 1 day tasted so strongly of vinegar I couldn't eat them, on day 2 asked for lightly poached eggs and they arrived like rocks, very ,very poor for £11.95 complained about the room and the receptionist said she would pass it onto housekeeping. complained about the breakfast and the receptionist said she she would pass it onto the chef, or I could e-mail them to complain. Overall and neither my business partner or I will be back.

• Budget Double Room

Room 19 was very tiny only one stool to sit on ,no table . Extremely noisy apparatus started very early on both mornings outside which woke us up - sounded like kitchen extractor fan. Only that we spent all our time except sleeping time,away from hotel visiting our daughter ,we would have insisted on room change as it was extremely claustrophobic .

Comfortable bed. Large bath sheets.

• Executive King Room

The TV was too small we had an Executive room it was large but the TV was difficult to see as it was so far from the bed. The heating was very high. My husband's bedside lamp didn't work which eventually the lady housekeeing changed the fuse. They had no Tomato juice for a Bloody Mary in the hotel bar.

Loved the staff they were so friendly and helpful, when we checked in 30.11.17 Eddie was on the desk and he helped us up to Room 38 as we had bought Christmas presents and had lots of bags. Don't know names lady with fair hair on desk also very helpful.

• Classic Double Room

Just needed an additional shelf in the bathroom.

Lovely decor and ambience in the bar/restaurant area. The owner took the time to introduce himself and welcome us to Number 10. All the staff we encountered were friendly and helpful

• Club Twin Room

My stay could have been longer!

Peaceful..excellent nights sleep in comfortable bed. The breakfast was also excellent.. I asked for crispy bacon with fried eggs and this was cooked to perfection.

• Classic Double Room

The hotel was lovely, the room was spacious and comfortable, not too far from city centre but most of all the staff were amazing. They were so genuinely friendly and helpful. We will most definitely be back.

• Classic Double Room

The double bed was a little small but still very comfortable

We ended up having our evening meals here two nights in a row as the food was outstanding. Staff were so helpful, service was quick and the food was all so fresh and tasty, we really were so impressed and would highly recommend the restaurant. The hotel itself was lovely and very clean, our room was quite small but had everything you needed. Lovely location with easy access to the city centre.

• Classic Double Room

Room 27 was far too hot and there was a constant noise from either a water tank or boiler above the room which kept us awake all night...

Good was excellent,staff were lovely

• Classic Double Room

very small car park (only fits two cars at either side of the building) and is on a very steep slope. Bar was quiet and lacked atmosphere at points but still an enjoyable experience.

Staff upon arrival were friendly. Received upgrade to a room in the town house (the building next door) where the room and bathroom were large and well presented. The bar had a luxurious vibe with both the staff and cocktails being lovely.

• Budget Double Room

When we arrived there was a wedding taking place within the hotel, unfortunelty the wedding party were in the front area when we arrived and as there was no other way in we had to walk right past the bride greeting her other guests. When we checked in the hotel staff acknowledged that there was a wedding and that it would be a little noisy. On returning to the hotel later that night, it was a little more than noisy I could hear every word of the music, luckily we are a young couple and used to noise when trying to sleep. What I wasn’t overly happy about was the fact that the room was quite expensive compared to other places we’ve stayed, a lot smaller and dated than other places also and had I known, (even though I spoke to the hotel) that there was a wedding on we wouldn’t have booked the room. Overall the room was decent for what we needed it for, but was not worth the money that we had paid for the room that might. Which was unfortunate as we had been recommended this hotel because of the beautiful rooms and value for money. I guess the hotel may have been busy as that’s fine but we were a little disappointed.

Hotel was in a good location as we were attending a family event in the area. Room was clean, staff were friendly

• Classic Double Room

Excellent location on the edge of the old town and within walking distance of the castle etc. Great facilities with swimming pool and steam room / sauna. Staff were excellent.

• Classic Double Room

I really think the food could have been a little fresher or cooked a little better, still its OK.

The view across the park in the evening Glaswegian sunshine in the autumn was gorgeous. The room was beautiful.

• Executive King Room

A little maintenance is required in the bathroom otherwise the appearance will deteriorate rapidly.

The bathroom was big and had an excellent shower. The room was clean.

• Budget Double Room

Our room was poor. The curtains did not close properly, we were at the front of the hotel right above the kitchen so at 11pm cleaning was in progress after the kitchen had closed, unfortunately cleaning noises from the kitchen began again at 5am next morning. Luckily I had a pair of earplugs to use to lessen the noise! The bed was very hard. This is very sad as this is our third stay at this hotel and the worst room, I think we would just have a meal there in future and stay elsewhere!

We had dinner in the restaurant and the food and staff were first class

• Club Twin Room

Without sounding churlish- a free inclusive good latte or espresso would have been welcomed. A better variety of tea other than Tetleys in the rooms with actual milk- not undrinkable carton UHT! It let the whole experience down a tad.

Quietness. Spacious , clean, staff - friendly and helpful, great location. The haggis- breakfast delicious PLUS HELPINGS OF FRESH FRUIT .It made for a very relaxing 3 night stay. Liked the surprise freebies of nail file and threads ( but got them on the 2nd night - a bit weird. Otherwise a very pleasurable stay.

• Club Double Room

Booked dinner first night but was in the bar and 2 mornings breakfast in bar due to dining room being used for wedding. Tables in bar squashed together to accommodate all breakfast guests

We were in the annex, nice room with high ceilings, quiet

• Classic Double Room

The heating was not on in the room on arrival and the window was open so it was cold for a while. Some tiles in the shower room were loose and the shower cabinet was tiny.

The hotel is in a quiet area but the housekeeping staff start, loudly, at 8.30 so do not expect a long lie. The bed was comfy and the room was clean.

• Budget Double Room

Poor and carless service in the restaurant. Was fed dairy off of the vegan menu and when they finally owned up the server was rude, aggressive and didnt even apologise. Following morning I was also offered a 'vegan breakfast' with products containing egg. Rooms are poorly maintained with low water pressure in the showers, blocked sink, peeling paint and to top it off we had a leak in our ceiling!!

• Budget Double Room

Bed was a bit uncomfortable, paint flaking off the walls and coulndt eat till after 8pm because of functions

Friendly staff, nice welcome, always hot water, rooms where warm and clean x was a wedding on during our stay and the room looked lovely

• Budget Double Room

Very poor to no internet connection in our room. The room was extremely small - for two people with luggage quite challenging. Some equipment needs renewal - e.g. our towels had several holes. There was a not-announced party on Friday night in the hotel, loud music was easy to hear in our room even after 23:00 o clock.

The location of the hotel is good.

• Classic Double Room

The lighting in the room was poor, mainly due to energy saving lightbulbs which is great, however not so great when trying to do makeup/hair etc. The room was large and spacious but would have benefited with having extra chairs and much larger tv as the tiny wee tv was lost in the room!

We were upgraded to an executive room which was fantastic. The room was very comfortable and cleaned everyday.

• Classic Double Room

Fabulous staff. So helpful and friendly. I would stay here again and recommend to my friends. I was upgraded to the executive suite as they had this available. It was stunning. Dinner delicious and breakfast large and hearty.

• Budget Double Room

Layout of the bar when trying to have food was a bit tight, had to keep moving my seat in for people to get past

Staff went the extra mile to help make the room look romantic, food was incredible

• Classic Twin Room

Rooms including ensuite needed refurbishment. Stair carpet needed to be replaced and overall decor needed redone. Whilst a pleasant enough stay I wouldn't rate this hotel as 4 star. Wouldn't use the hotel again.

Meal very nice and staff all very pleasant

• Budget Double Room

the room was very small for a double room very cramped and the cost for it in my view was way overpriced Would not have been so bad if breakfast had been included also could not get a meal as they had a wedding reception on the same day

• Budget Double Room

- the bathroom of Room 19 was tired - mould around the base of the shower screen. Very scrappy double doors covering an outside window Lights in corridors didn't come on until I reached the end when heading back to my room - luckily I remembered the steps down to my room and didn't fall.

Staff are very friendly. The room was compact but well appointed