Reviews of New Oscar 2 stars

5.6

5.7

5.2

• Basic Triple Room

There was sick stains down the toilet , holes in the walls , rubbish shoved down the side of the bed, and the extra bed we asked for at a cost of £20 wasn’t even made up , just had bedding thrown on the mattress.

This hotel is in desperate need of up dating . It’s very dirty and very disgusting.

The mattress in room 12 needs replacing As it was lumpy and you could feel the springs digging in when trying to sleep and being charged an extra £10 for parking when normally free for hotel guests because of royal ascot on top of my £79 for the single room

The location in Windsor only 10 min walk to all the night life and amenities

Brilliant stay at the New Oscar. Me, my partner and 4 friends booked a night at this hotel for Ascot, it was literally only 10 mins away. Friendly and helpful manager, looking forward to our next stay.

• Basic Triple Room

Beds were very uncomfortable I could feel the springs in my back. The bathrooms havent been cleaned. Very priecy for what it is.

Not much to say. It was in the right location for us. Quite area.

The room was much too small.

The landlord was very friendly and helpful. I requested a light blanket and not a duvet so he went and bought one especially for me to use.

Parking is listed as free on Booking.com but owner requested a £10 per day fee when we arrived which was not ststed in our cinfirmation email, he agreed to waive this when I refused to pay.

A clean and tidy budget hotel in easy walking distance of Windsor town centre.

Really friendly staff. Helpful. Cheerful. Advised us on a great local pub for dinner and the food was as they said it would be, delicious. Great shower. Clean. Tidy. Would stay there again. Thank you.

Not as clean as it should have been. Decoration incredibly bad, paint had been splashed about everywhere. Nasty damp smell in the en suite, not new damp - this has been a problem there for a while.

Location and price. Owner pleasant. Bed comfortable.

Problems with wi-fi in the room, but good connection in the common area.

The location is walking distance from the centre. One of the two managers was so helpful trying to resolve Internet problems and getting out of his way to help us. The room was spacious enough and lacking nothing.

Small, dark single looking out on a brick wall. Springy uncomfortable bed. Old fashion. Had to pay £10 for parking when on web said free. Nice man at reception but you get what you pay for!

The hotel itself was very tired and grubby, just one free electric plug, which was a bit dodgy. Just 1 pillow each. Bed not too comfortable. Not much hot water so only washed not showered, which didn't look to inviting anyway.

It was close to the park and Windsor castle.

• Family Room (3 Adults)

Hard spring mattress and downstairs loo needed loo paper and a clean. Room was fine though. Would have been fine for original price but when booked price was tripled so then became poor value really. Probably the booking agent and not the hotel!

Friendly, helpful staff. Good location.

The wifi did not work. The access to the carpark is very narrow. The carpark is tiny & difficult to manouevre a car. My room was a loft conversion & had restricted headroom in many places.

I like nothinng about the place.

Place is dirty, cramped, bathroom hadn't been cleaned, items in bin, hairs in sink, coffee rings on ledge above sink, bedroom carpet not vacuumed. Only positive was that staff were helpful and friendly. Wish I had read reviews before booking so I could have avoided staying here and I only stayed one night, if I had booked for more than that I would have cancelled.

Windsor hotels are ridiculously overpriced. Under continental standards is a poor value quality/price

Receptionists are very kind and helpful. Reception is open for check in till 21,30h.

I liked that the staff were very friendly and that the location was perfect for walking to the town centre we were also offered an upgrade of a bigger room which was very nice definitely recommended

I found the Oscar very friendly clean and tidy and very close to town centre which was perfect for our visit , We will definitely use the Oscar very soon in the future it was perfect for all our needs

I had a 1 night stay which was fine, longer may have had some issues, had not ordered breakfast but understand from other visitors it was basic, so check first

Staff were great at the hotel and went out way to help. The hotel could do with a sign entrance at rear but that was about it. It was a comfortable room for the price I paid. Its not a lavish 4 or 5 start but a good 2 star. There are good pub grub restaurants just along the road which are as good if not better than in the main town. Good stay

It would have been better for me to have been able to check-in upon arrival (12pm) as per my requirements for my meetings and having drove from Sheffield very early that morning. I do understand that the cleaners were still cleaning the rooms and the B&B wasn't able to provide me with any additional facilities to shower or change, but I obviously would have preferred to do so. I'd probably stay again, as the place is pretty clean, quiet, and the beds are comfortable.

The beds are very comfortable, I've stayed here once before. Would have been handier if I could have checked in earlier, as I was in lunch meetings from my arrival and really could of done with showering as well as changing however, there was a bathroom I could change in which was okay.

• Family Room with Bath

mirror in bathroom smeared. bath side broken, thin toilet roll. dusty tv table. flex need to be longer on the kettle. bulb out on one of the lamps. i know breakfast was an option but would have been better.

clean , basic. comfy bed and chairs.as expected for the price of the stay have a family rook as no twin was available. service good , let us keep car there longer than should have

• Basic Triple Room

If you are a larger person you would find it almost to use the toilet. No wardrobe. Drab furishings. Breakfast extra but only offered boiled eggs bread and butter, cereals. Do not think these people know how to run a hotel. The windows are dangerous and need work. Would I stay again NEVER.

• Family Room (3 Adults)

Breakfast is poor and staff arranged breakfast times etc with no mention of additional cost. Very expensive for a box of cereal and slice of toast in a tiny room where everyone was falling over each other to make it themselves.

The accommodation was as you would expect for a 2/3* B&B. Family room was big but the bathroom pretty grim and tiny.

The room didn't look like the pictures on the site. The bathroom was very small. Entrance to hotel is around the back, so when we arrived, I thought the place wasn't even open.

• Family Room with Bath

Shower went from cold to scalding hot water kept running they didn’t change bedding or bring clean towels in for the 3 days we were there

Beds were comfortable great location nice size room for family room sound proof room

• Basic Triple Room

Did have the room we booked as they had 'a water leak'. One duvet cover smelt of someone else's aftershave. Not expecting us to have breakfast & when we did get it we had to have it in our room as there were no tables in the lounge. There was mould in corner of the room, the bathroom had exposed wires going to shaving unit. Carpet was loose. Started vacuuming every evening at 8.30-9 when my kids were in bed.

I'm slightly disappointed with slow WiFi in the room, as to me holiday don't always mean not working.

We didn't expect a wow factor from 3star guest house, however the basic things like quietness, comfortable bed, shower, TV was there. Very good private car park. Also the place is very close to town centre and Windsor Castle.

• Family Room with Bath

Room was way too hot, opening windows helped a little but there was no way to turn down the radiator and my sons bed was right up against it, he burnt his knee on it! Used toiletries in the bathroom, not nice! Shower went from usable to scalding to freezing so children couldn’t have a shower in the morning.

Location was perfect for a trip to Legoland and Windsor castle. Beds were clean and comfortable. Reception staff was friendly and welcoming.

• Basic Triple Room

The room was not up to standard.

Broken bed (could not be slept on), broken window letting in draft. Heating kept being turned off. No heating working in toilet. Bedside lamps bulbs blown. No storage for clothes. Kettle on floor as lead too short.

The whole stay was a bit of disaster. If you park your car at the car park - most likely other cars will bloke you and if you want to leave during the night, you have to wake the car owners up. Mattress was very uncomfortable - I would say it has been used for many years. You had no chance to lay down straight whatever you did and whatever way you moved or turned. Toilet was leaking from the pipe, shower was broken - you had to hold the shower head together while showering and pray the pipe will not pop out of the shower head anytime soon as it did few times during taking shower. Any guest expects to have functioning toilet to use and shower and place to sleep well. This place offered none of these. When I informed the owner - he thanked me but it was obvious that he knew all along in what condition the room is and did not even care to go and have a look at the toilet leek. Cigarette was more important.

Perfect location within Windsor, close to the centre and the castle. Parking included in the price, which was good.

• Basic Triple Room

Everything absolute disgrace off a hotel

Smelly, what can only be described as human faeces on the towels and the shower is only suitable for munchkins.

The Internet was not so good, the room is not as clean as it should be, the bathroom was neither clean nor well equipped, the heating is !!

A very helpful staff they give you the directions, informationso and basic everything you ask for

Small room, poor value, poor customer service, in the middle of renovations. Fell well short of expectations based on pictures and description on website

Convenience

My room smelt bad. The owner told me off for using the wrong entrance and there was no specified entrance. They wouldn’t let me have the breakfast that was included. There is no WiFi. The cup for tea and coffee was dirty and the kettle was broken. My stay was completely awful and I would not book there again.

Room was too cold. They set heater up for very little time and even that was turned off. Bed was near to the window so it was super cold whole night. There was no desk/chair/mirror area. All there is, is a bed and a side drawer. There was no cupboard to hang my clothes. So I hung them on door handle. Toilet was equally poorly maintained. Shower was too slow and inefficient. Overall my stay was severly dampened. The price they charge is too high compared to service I received. WOULD NOT RECOMMEND.

The décor is a little tired, and bathroom was in need of a good clean.

Great location and low cost, .. but the bed was comfy and clean and it served our purposes for the evening in Windsor

Not enough pillows, no spare blankets, bathroom very small. We were in a room right on the stairs so heard people going up and down Unfortunately I wouldn't recommend to friends or family

It had a car park so didn't have to find a parking space

Perfect for our needs.

We didn't do breakfast, I don't know if they offer that. We didn't need wifi as 3 is strong in this area but wifi is on offer and password is displayed in the hallways.

• Family Room with Bath

Quality of matress. Clean ? Smell in bathroom General appeal doas not fit Windsor.

The lady at reception was in a bad situation.I liked nothing.In this case the photo's was misleading.

Our room was in urgent need of a good clean. On check-in the bathroom bin had not been emptied, the bathmat on the floor was wet and the shower so dirty/stained neither of us washed.

Parking on property was very helpful, and hotel is easy walking distance to town.

Room and bathroom were small, and could be lived with for quick stay, although we didn't like the look of the shower in terms of cleanliness to try it. This was pretty much as expected from the online reviews I had read though. We didn't stay for breakfast, having understood online that it isn't included nor did it sound like valuable for money.

Very convenient location, just off the m4 and very short walk to the leisure centre where there was an event. Parking was easily available at the property.

• Family Room (3 Adults)

Everything the whole place stinks and is dirty everything you touch is grubby the radiators did not work so no heating except for a small electric radiator which took hours to heat the room. The bed is stained and had pubic hairs on the sheets along with head hair.. the shower was unusable it had cobwebs in it and dirty and tiles missing toilet was dirty and the bathroom was cold as the heating was not working.

• Family Room with Bath

There was a dirty top in one of the draws (not ours) the bathroom was full of damp and because of that it made the room smell but you couldn’t open the bathroom window to air it as it was locked. The tv didn’t work.

It was close to Lapland uk, it was cheap, it had private parking

• Family Room with Bath

Bathroom has mould on ceiling but that's never going to go away without any proper ventilation. I think this goes against building regulations. Please check breakfast is included in price. They do a breakfast but it wasn't included for me. Most shocked at this for the price i paid for the room. Windsor just seems expensive for what it has to offer.

Room was basic but clean. We stayed in room 2 (Family room). It looked like it had been recently painted. Bed was more comfortable than expected. Parking was good and available for free. There is a short walk into Windsor. Host very amenable. Not on a flight path and Church opposite dosen't ring its bell on a regular basis. Shower was also ok for what i was expecting as it was from the bath tap.

Room / bathroom was covered in mold - room was basic and we had what was suppose to be the best room!! Bathroom was disgusting!! Main door is left open all night not secure at all!!! No breakfast was even offered not that I would eat there!!

The bed was comfortable the lady on reception was lovely - that’s where the good things end!!

• Family Room with Bath

Only issue I could find would be that the double glazing was very old and didnt look the safest, but my children are all still safe and didnt manage to open any of them, so cant grumble.

Perfect for our family, only place I could find to accommodate 5 at a reasonable price, staff extremely friendly and helpful, breakfast was lovely. Room was very clean.

• Basic Triple Room

The breakfast - an awful meagre selection of sachet coffee, cereals in small boxes, some weetabix, hard boiled eggs (you get one per person), shop-bought muffins (you get 4 for £1 from any supermarket), yogurts (unknown brand), some fruits and cold drinks. You are charged £5 per person. For that amount (and a bit more), I could have a better fare from a cafe and my kids would enjoy it. The fact I have a 4year old who barely ate, £5 was too much. When booking, there wasn't nothing on the site to say breakfast is extra cost. Paid £89 for one night in a triple-bed room. I booked a family room. The room - usual signs of wear and tear. The carpet is dirty and as I moved one single bed to make-up a double, the floor under it was dirty, dusty and harbouring bugs that began to scuttle away once I disturbed their space. Obviously it doesn't get included when cleaning the room. The top part of the shower room didn't close so it was a bit draughty in the evening. My tool shed is bigger than the shower/toilet room. Checking out - well what can I say! The owner shoved us out as road works started right outside! Highway maintenance yellow sign says 'works begin on the 26th'. We checked out on the 25th! No warning about this on the site or at least the owner should have made an effort to notify people of this, then I wouldn't have bothered booking. I felt like Booking.com is a trap for this hotel.

The location being close to Windsor town centre and Legoland. The owner being friendly (being friendly is good but I prefer to get my money's worth!). Check-in is from 2pm. We arrived at 12ish and was given the key to the room. As I travelled over 2hours with two young kids, I was more than happy to check-in early.

• Family Room with Bath

Nothing! The hotel was a great stay for one night. Good value in the area!

Lovely room for 5 of us. Two double beds and a single with en-suite. Beds really comfy. We had a good night's sleep. Fab location, close to Legoland. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Car-parking -no problem as we had booked at the time of booking.

*Problems with paying online - had to go and get cash out...then be told it was actually ok O.o *The toilet/bath room is quite cramped

*The room smelt really great, like rhubarb or something?! *Nice decor *Helpful staff, stored and looked after my bike for me *Comfy bed *Pretty good value

No heating control in the room, the shower smelt of damp and the water was either boiling hot of freezing cold. They were doing some work on the wall in the garden to remove flaky paint and this was all over my car and not cleaned off.

It was close to the town centre

bathroom floor sticker not fit to measure and had pieces missing. shower looks new and hot water available but some tiles were sharp and easy to hurt yourself. The hotel looks like it just changed owner.

breakfast only had 2 tables available and wifi signal very weak.

• Family Room (3 Adults)

Found a written note down side of bed suggesting sheets may not have been changed /properly

booked a budget room and thats what we got. very basic but comfortable.

Shower cubicle small, a larger person would find it difficult to use. Maybe just my room (5)

Cheap and cheerful, but clean. The owner is really friendly.

wasn't any breakfast they had parking for only 6 cars you have to book parking when you book parking in. all road parking in Windsor is for residents only so I was glad I had somewhere to park the car. there are 2 pubs 2 mins walk from new Oscar, a harvester restaurant is a 4 mins drive away serve breakfast and dinners

Charged extra for paying by card. Charged for parking. WiFi was terrible. Not clean. As a business traveler this fell below the minimum expectations, YOU, should advise customers if parking is extra cost, or if the site charges for not paying by cash. For the extra we paid, we could have chosen better accommodation for the same cost. The only thing positive I can say is that it is near to where we needed to be.

Showering facilities were not of a satisfactory standard (broken shower head, not very warm water).

The location was great. very close to the town center.

• Family Room (3 Adults)

window handle missing and other one broken. large patch of damp on the wall next to the bed. very noisy when walking across the room(creaking floorboards possibly) and therefore a lot of noise from the rooms above our room. rooms have sanilav toilets which are extremely noisy when flushed. I told my kids not to flush the toilet once we were in bed to not wake us but the rooms above us flushed their toilets and kept us awake anyway. My 2 sons and I hardly slept.

the location as just a 10 minute walk to the castle and town centre. the owner was friendly and helpful. He let us leave the car in his car park whilst we walked into the town after checking out.

Car parking rather tight at the back

The quiet spacious room (No 12) Functioning shower Well ventilated Very quiet Easy access but no lift (second floor)

• Family Room with Bath

The dark wood beds & furniture are very dated which gave the impression it was dirty - the ensuite had no obscure window & so blind had to be left down, the sink stopper was badly damaged & the owner pointed this out & asked me not to use it but the linen & towels were immaculate & owner friendly. A microwave or jug would have been useful to heat baby's bottle especially as it was a family room. The seat pad of a faux leather dining chair was totally sunk & should be removed as it gives a neglected impression.

The size of the family rooms booked

rooms need updating & cleaning. Electric plugs need fixing. Carpets dirty. Parking not free. Breakfast not free as advertised. Windows not lockable. Mould on wall. Bathrooms too small. Lack of pillows. No outside space. Yard was uncared for.

Only good thing was location

• Family Room with Bath

Each bed only had one pillow (two on doubles/queens) and there were no extras in the room. Makes lying in bed to read/watch TV uncomfortable. Bathroom was very small and although it was clean on the surface, it looked tired and grubby.

Room was clean and beds were comfortable.

Nasty huge stain on bedsheet!! We had to sleep on top of the bed because of this - very unhappy. The bed was extremely lumpy, with no support. Property is very run down and tatty.

Staff and parking

There was so much noise from all the other guests, I found it hard to sleep. I could hear everything everyone was saying in the room upstairs and outside. The washroom was really small, there was damp patches on the ceiling above the shower.

It was lovely to look at from the outside. The room was a decent size.

Place is run down, a lot of safety concerns.Hand rail outside was ripped out from concrete floor and kind of hanging off the side. Floor in the bathroom is not levelled so it easy to trip over, light switch was moved so you have hole in the ceiling, I had a room on a 3rd floor and window was wide open without any safety feature stopping you from falling out. Room was really dirty with finger prints on a mirror, hair all over the place, my son's bed sheets had 2 blood stains near his pillow so we decided to share main bed which was uncomfortable. My pillow case was ripped and I had some water with dead fly in a cattle so decided not to risk it having a cup of tea.Room had no aircon so we had to have window open all night as it was impossible to fall asleep otherwise, good job it was top floor or we probably would be robbed as well looking at surrounding area. I paid £65 for 1 night which is way overpriced for a room in that condition!

Staff was good.

• Family Room (3 Adults)

Window that didn't close. Dangerous for child. T.V. didn't work in one room. Mould on one wall with tissue shoved in the hole. Breakfast advertised as free. Had to pay £5 per head for continental. Only one car had free parking not the two we booked in. Entire place needs a lick of paint.

• Family Room with Bath

On suite bathroom very dirty Windows didn't shut in room or bathroom Breakfast very very poor; a bowl of cheap cereal and toast not "continental" No cooked option very poor value for money £5 per person Decoration throughout very poor, carpets threadbare

• Family Room with Bath

Very old and run down I personally will not be returning here again. Not very clean bathroom had mold on walls. Also no towel rail. Bedroom pillows were very flat one bed pillows were missing.

• Family Room with Bath

The property was in disrepair from the outside and the inside. Once inside the room, the décor was below basic, the carpet was terrible and felt uncomfortable under foot, the windows were so dirty you couldn't see through them, the window cills and surrounds were in a terrible state, the bathroom radiator was covered in rust, and as it was next to the toilet you can imagine what had caused it! There was some kind of leak on the floor from the toilet plumbing, the shower grouting was black, the bathmat was soaking wet on arrival, there were bare wires showing above the bathroom mirror light, the windows were all open when we arrived (i'm presuming to hide the smell of the room) which when I tried to close them, the handles would not engage fully and then would not reopen. I would question whether there was a serious fire risk with the quality of the wiring etc. The beds were so uncomfortable that you could feel the springs. The owners child was running around the corridors and tried to get in our room on more than one occasion and there was one particular other guest who made no attempt to be quiet in the middle of the night and in the morning right outside our room. The whole place was a complete disgrace and having seen the cleanliness of the room we decided not to risk breakfast. Very disappointed with Booking.com for letting this business on to their site. I paid £99 for this room and last year we stayed in the Hilton Cobham half an hour away for £72 and it was amazing! I have photos of the room at the Oscar which I will be sending on to Booking.com along with my complaint.

It was close to where we were going which is why I chose it.

• Family Room (3 Adults)

The manager was absolutely wonderful he couldn't do enough for us. Great Little pub on the corner for food. Would definitely recommend booking parking

• Family Room with Bath

Windows didn't seem secure ! Previous guests clothes left down side of bed ! Food & rubbish left behind chest of drawers !

Was close to legoland

The hygiene standard was not up to a good standard. I came back with bites all over which the hospital say are bed bugs from this hotel. I am not happy as I have had to have time off work because bites were that bad. Disgusting!! Will not be booking with booking.com again.

The staff was very friendly and helpful

Staff attitude. Size and condition of ensuite. Barely any toilet roll left in ensuite. Wifi didn't work even in the communal areas. Non displayed / advertised extra charge for paying by credit card.

Location to where I needed to go. That is it!!!

• Family Room (3 Adults)

Shower room was tiny and dark. No plug in the sink. Owner was wearing a stained polo shirt. Bad first impression. Toilet had an electric macerator, very noisy. Would not stay there again.

The front of the hotel was shabby and weed-strewn. An odd smell pervaded the property and the room was dirty. The hotel was well out of town but the price was the highest of our ten day walking trip - £95 without breakfast. A hand written sign in reception said "car parking £10 per day"!

The hotel, in general, is very tired. Only 1 curtain at the window. Shower room has been "fixed" in places but not to a good standard. Did not like the brown carpet in the bedroom. The banisters needed a good wash down especially the hand rails.

The continental breakfast was good. Plenty of fresh fruit on offer. DIY tea and coffee.

• Family Room with Bath

Dirty, noisy, bed's we're uncomfortable - could feel the springs in your back,light fitting had one bulb. Overall wasn't a nice room. We we're woken by someone knocking on the door at early hours which woke the entire family but no staff around, then people we're extremally noisy. Had to pay £10 for parking and £5 for breakfast but I wouldn't have wanted to eat there anyway.

Location was near to lego land

frustrating to have to pay for parking once we got there- double check the free parking- that came with conditions. Room was clean but not the greatest views

It was fine for a place to stay on route elsewhere.

Browse New Oscar traveller photo gallery