Reviews of Park Plaza County Hall London 4 stars

1 Addington Street, Lambeth, London, SE1 7RY, United Kingdom

#316 of 977 hotels in London

Breakfast-first morning I was there half hour before closing and asked for refill of some plates and told by chef that there was no more. Cucumber cold meat and boiled egg was empty. Any egg dishes needed to be ordered, surely there could be boiled eggs placed in a bowl. One morning I witnessed chef arguing with a staff member when they had asked for an item to be replaced. Chef needs to keep this away from the customers. The area around the warmed food was always messy and appeared never to be cleaned. The morning I asked for eggs benedict I found chef rather snappy and not customer focused. My advice give the breakfast a BIG miss

Front office staff delightful and helpful. Check in/check out a breeze. House keeping staff very helpful and obliging. Bed extra comfy, linen crisp and fresh. Great to have a mini kitchen with microwave. Love the location, easy to access theatre, tube, London sites

We had to call for the technician as the air-con temperature could only be adjusted marginally in the room. That was a bit of a hassle after travelling 18 hours, so we froze the first night but the technician was very responsive and rectified the temperature quickly when we called for help.

The location is fantastic, within walking distance to a lot of the major tourist sightseeing spots like Buckingham Palace, Trafalgar Square, Westminster Abbey. The hotel is very close to the subway station, about a 10 ten minute walk. It is very close to a number of restaurants including Starbucks which is a plus for first time visitors to London. It is about a 45-minute drive from the Heathrow Airport, not because of the long distance but mostly because of the traffic jam. Thumbs up!

The quality of the food in the restaurant is quite low... the money spent on breakfast was a waste.

The rooms are very nice, roomy and the beds are very comfortable. The view is remarkable.

The kitchen is still slow. Even when there are no other customers.

Staff are very attentive and work hard to create the best experience. Nothing is too much trouble.

• Executive Studio-City View (Family)

Amazing service, friendly and helpful. Great food, and wonderful views over the city at night. Perfect location just around the corner from all the major attractions

Food was poor and I ended up buying my own outside of the hotel. The cleanliness needs attention and having stayed at the same chain hotel across the road the two do not compare.

Location was fab and staff friendly. Gym and Sauna were a nice addition.

Being spoken to like a child by a stressed and rude catering assistant at the breakfast servery.

Great location and good room, helpful staff and generally a pleasant experience.

• Superior Twin Room

My friend and I were given an inner room. Would have liked a room that you can get some air into. The bathroom door is also coloured glass so privacy an issue!

Very convenient location

I was given a room with two single beds pushed together, made up as single beds too, which meant that my boyfriend and I had a pretty uncomfortable night trying to find a position where we could sleep properly next to each other. I was asked to show my card key by security when entering the hotel before I was let in the lift and while I appreciate this is probably for security reasons, doing so (when I was carrying loads of bags) didn't give off a very good impression. A way around this would be to make the lifts have card entry required to get to your floor. Many hotels do this and it feels much less intrusive and accusatory than having to show you card to security. I wasn't the only guest who commented on this being a strange practice for a hotel.

We stayed at this hotel for about 7 days . They had the same menu for breakfast everyday . It would be great if they can vary some options on a daily basis so that we can better options . Otherwise the rest was good .

This property is located near to the waterloo station . The location was fantastic as all the main attractions in westminister were only about 10 min walk from the area . Food was good . Service was good .

• Studio Double (Family)

Be sure to have an extra adapter with you, I asked 2x at the reception if they had an adapter to lend, but was out of luck.

Location of the hotel is perfect, it's a 5 minute walk to London Eye, 10 minutes to Westminster. Area of the hotel is quiet. Rooms are spacious, great if you are travelling with kids. Quality of services high and very clean.

• Studio Double Room

You can hear the elevators making loud clicks if your room is close to them and that can be annoying in the evening and early in the mornings.

Great location and lovely staff, good breakfast and simple but good meny at the bar.

• Superior Twin Room

Price be great if it was cheaper &breakfast included in price when booking

Brilliant hotel very handy to every thing train walking staff are very polite &friendly 😀

• Studio Double (Family)

Dry Sauna was not working, only the steam one did. No cold water at the sauna showers.

Staff especially at the reception and bar. Special mention: Vasilica and Mihaela were very kind.

Cleanness ,locations and staffs

It was my second time and I enjoyed every little time I spend there.Staffs are fab Akatha and those two cooks they made me Omellet for breakfast which was👌🏿

I was just so happy with our stay I was first time visitor to London and the hotel made it just perfect! Room was superb value for money and just lovely. Staff helpful friendly and smiley.

We had the breakfast included and sadly the food was not of a good standard. Edible but I wish we had sought out breakfast elsewhere.

How spacious and clean the room was. The location of the hotel was ideal for us. We wanted to visit the Royal Festival Hall and St James Park which were short walks away. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Would stay again happily.

• Executive Family Studio with London Eye View

Room was a bit tired, paint flaking off in places, in finished skirting and a dodgy tap which sprayed water!

Love this hotel and have stayed here several times. Perfect location for us and great facilities

• Studio Double (Family)

Unfortunately we had a long wait in the restaurant for our food, the waitress was very apologetic but our young children found the wait a little too long.

Amazing location, just minutes from London Eye. We were celebrating a birthday and the hotel had supplied balloons for our little boy! Love the little touches such as Plaza money for children so that they can exchange for ice cream.

• Studio Double (Family)

The room and the premises overall were fine. However, we had to ask for face towels everyday. The restaurant took over an hour to prepare our food and the food was not what we requested. The restaurant management was only willing to take $5 off of the meal instead of crediting the entire item.

Overall, the staff was very friendly and cordial.

• Studio Double (Family)

Excellent location to catch buses boats taxis and you’re the big London attractions a must when you have little ones. Breakfast was really good as well.

• Studio Double Room

Would have liked a swimming pool (but it is not a game changer). Breakfast was extremely expensive.

Room was fantastic and just what we needed. I like the kitchenette - nice touch. Bathroom was really nice (pity the door could not be locked) beds realy comfortable.

• Studio Double (Family)

Room was very warm, too hot although supplied with a fan remained warm.

Reccomend a family studio room, very large and separate sleeping area for children. Friendly staff and has bonus of spa. Stayed on second floor overlooking front of hotel and traffic yet heard no noise, very peaceful nights sleep. Breakfast excellent and everything on offer. only negative was the room has no windows to open and it was very warm but was kindly supplied with a fan. Less than 5 minute walk to London eye and south bank area is great area for children at night with attractions and playpark and plenty of eating areas. I would definitely return to this hotel, well worth the money too!!

• Penthouse Suite

It’s a shame that not all of the penthouse rooms get a full London eye, river and panoramic view as pictured on the site. Our penthouse was on the side, overlooking the railway line, the road and into the hotel opposite (shown with the net curtain covered window - 1404). You could glimpse the London eye at a stretch on tiptoe from the balcony and you could see Big Ben and Westminster - but I was largely disappointed and left extremely upset (in tears). There was no point in saying anything though as every other penthouse was full, so nothing could be done! Plus I had paid in full in advance so couldn’t go anywhere else - the thought did very seriously cross my mind!! Consider differentiating your prices according to the view available - then again the ones with the best views would book first.

Very clean, modern and really well presented. Excellent location, central to attractions - London eye, aquarium, Big Ben etc. Comfortable beds. Nice breakfast - plenty of options. All staff very helpful. I’d stay at a Park Plaza again; even this hotel. I’d make sure that I had one of the nicer penthouses (1405+) for a much better view!

Everything was brilliant, room was lovely and the staff were always polite and helpful and the breakfast was amazing with a wide range of food.

• Studio Double (Family)

Nothing it was perfect. Studio room fab with sink and microwave.

beds were amazingly comfy and pillows. Air con in room wonderful. Breakfast fantastic.

• Executive Studio-City View (Family)

For room service we tried to order pizza - out of pizza. Then pasta and a stake dish. The pasta came cold. Wasn’t very nice.,

The hash browns for breakfast were super crunchy!

• Executive Family Studio with London Eye View

Sofa bed in family room was not very comfortable. Big queues at breakfast.

Great location, just across from the Southbank. Helpful staff. Good bar and restaurant. Family room was spacious.

Very dark room with no natural sunlight coming in. Decor & air con tired. Staff were polite but not outstanding. I think you have just as good experience in a hotel £100-£150 cheaper which is also in central London.

Very well soundproofed. Comfy bed & good facilities- hairdryer, iron, elemis bath products. Excellent location within a stones throw of Waterloo Station & London Eye as well as many bus options.

• Executive Studio-City View (Family)

Breakfast was a bit of a free for all, with things running out and taking time to be replenished.

Great room, fantastic location, helpful staff. Good for families with children.

My Son love's this hotel so much. We visit probably 3 to 4 times in a year. Staff are great and the rooms are nice. On our last trip, my husband and my autistic son was initially given a very small room. My son was a bit disappointed as it was not his regular room but at about 7pm the guest relation staff rang my husband and explained to my husband that they did not see our request for higher level room with the view of the train tracks and that they were going to move my husband and my son to a different room that night. On top of that, my son got a slice of cake, that made my son's day even better. Am very sorry my husband could not put a name to the guest relation staff but we do want to thank her very much. I would recommend this hotel to family and friends.

• Junior Suite (3 Adults)

the sofa bed squeaked every time you moved! It would have worked better if the kitchenette bit was a hall with the bathroom off it rather than having to walk through the other rooms. The service charge in the restaurant was very steep and no option to remove and pay with cash rather than card.

The room was good for 3 adults.

• Studio Double Room

The female bar/restaurant staff weren’t great. We went to order a drink when we first arrived and the first member of staff we asked directed us to ask the other lady behind the bar which was fine but when we did she dismissed us and told us to wait when we were simply inquiring as to what their cider selection was and she wasn’t serving anyone else. We were left to our own devices to find seating. On another occasion we were told to go to the bar to place our food order. Thankfully a very friendly male member of staff came to our table, took out order, continues to be our server and checked in twice I make sure everything was to our satisfaction.

The gentleman we dealt with at check in was extremely friendly and so helpful. We were splitting the payment between 3 people and as one had already paid when booking he still managed to break it down and allowed us to all pay equally and individuall which was great.

On site dinner was a bit bleak, not really worth what it cost

Proximity to Waterloo, view from fourth floor, size & layout of our room. In room nespresso machine.

• Superior Double Room with London Eye View

Fantastic from start to finish, room was stunning with a lovely view of the London eye and Big Ben. The card and balloons for my partners birthday were a lovely touch.

• Executive Studio-City View (Family)

Cold water was warm. The sofa bed was very uncomfortable and when down blocked the door into the room. The TV in the lounge area was poorly positioned so you could only see it from one side of the sofa.

Great location. The concierge was very helpful. The breakfast was very good and the atrium in the center of the hotel was very nice. The studio apartment was well equipped with a sink, microwave and fridge.

Booked a superior room with a bath, got a room with a shower. Didn’t have time to change rooms. Water pressure low. Bathroom gets flooded when using shower. Window looks out into hotel corridor so not very private. Only bin was tiny one in bathroom.

Room was a decent size. Plenty of towels.

Location excellent. Room has everything you need, although somewhat bijou. Enjoyed good quality food and service in the bar. Staff all very friendly and helpful. Only issue was a leaking tap which caused a puddle under the unit and reported this as we left.

Dripping shower. Room 101 suffered from noise due to close proximity of stairs. Found out afterwards there was a service charge added automatically to a bar bill of just two drinks. Made it expensive. Bar area too cramped as well.

• Executive Studio-City View (Family)

The sitting area is a bit awkward as the sofa is facing the wardrobe. We would prefer the other room setting with sitting area located by the window.

Great location, comfy bed & spacious room

• Studio Double (Family)

Would be nice to have a pool or jacuzzi to relax in after a busy day sightseeing

All the staff were fantastic, hotel was immaculate and breakfast was brilliant

I didnt think the breafast was in keeping with the quality of hotel. Hashbrowns hard as rock, no fried eggs, bacon was extremely small and fatty. Coffee in the latte was way too strong

Service and politeness of staff was excellent

• Superior Twin Room

Room TV faulty... I don’t know but staff was neutral to me I felt. I will not go to say they were prejudiced against me it’s just I felt that they thought I should not be able to afford to stay there. Never had that feeling when I stayed at other Park Plaza properties. Also the rooms here were smaller than other Park Plaza properties( Park Plaza Riverbank & Park Plaza Westminster Bridge) I will be staying at the other Park Plaza properties from now on.😔😞

Spectrum Restaurant was very nice. Food & drinks were excellent. Location was good.😋

Room very tired looking Rushed feeling on breakfast, we arrived 45 minutes before end of session but felt very rushed - not enjoyable

Breakfast was being cleared away before end of time... our table was cleared if we went to get more coffee... felt pressured to leave restaurant quickly

• Superior Twin Room

The design of the hotel itself 1. I booked a twin room the beds are designed to be near each other, when we tried to seperate them we had to move them behind the electric sockets designed to be above the bedside tables. 2. The bathroom door is glass and you can see inside the bathroom. I shared the room with my brother and It was very awkward to use the bathroom while the other in the room. 3. The room windows looked on the coridor, so while in room you have to close the curtains all the time otherwise there will be no privacy. 4. There are no parking around the hotel, if you have a car you will park it in nearby public car for 20£/night.

1. The location was perfect, few minutes walk from the London eye and the south coast 2. There was a microwave in the room with dishes and spoons. 3. The kattle was clean from inside (very rare in hotels. 4. The staff were helpful and friendly.

• Superior Twin Room

It was my daughters birthday so I asked if there was anything they could do to make her birthday more special. They upgraded our room to a junior suite and some fruit. It was a fantastic experience and we wouldn’t hestitate to recommend this hotel to anyone

• Superior Double Room with London Eye View

Rude Staff - even at manager's level Dishonest employees as someone stole our money. The bathroom was flooded on the very first day of our stay.

300 Euros were stolen from the safe in our room. The safe's password was changed and we couldn't open it. It took hotel management few hours to open the safe. Once it was opebned we found 300 Euros missing. Reported it to the management and tyhey refuse to help. We had to call the police and police attended the scene. We had to leave that afternoon for Paris so we could not stay back to find out if we'd get our money back. This thoroughly ruined our holiday! We eill never consider this hotel and tell everybody not to use this hotel ever!

After using this hotel for the past 10 years the following were no acceptable No bathrobes in room No slippers in room No complimentary water in room No face cloth in bathroom No milk for tea. Not 2 tea bags in room when I called up for more I was told it will be added to my room bill. This hotel is working hard at cutting costs and becoming a cheapie, however the price to the customer is staying the same.

• Studio Double (Family)

That we could only stay for one night!

We so enjoyed our suite with views over the city. The separate sitting room, compact kitchen facilities and designer bathroom - with enormous bath AND shower allowed us to really relax, feel pampered and make the most of our trip. The staff were exceptionally helpful and the location was brilliant. Will highly recommend to others and we're sure to be back.

• Studio Double Room

Good stay, and should be for the price, but do not pay for the hotel breakfast. They offered us a discounted £16 rate, which we took at time of check in, but the queue for the breakfast "buffet" was over an hour. That wait was just for the table, we decided not to have it, and went to one of many local cafes. From what I could see, the breakfast was also a hot buffet, I don't believe they are ever good value.

AC was not working, not a problem in the UK for the majority of the year, but was one of the hottest days of the year.....so not great.

• Superior Twin Room

Incomprehensible language at reception (difficulty understanding foreign accent spoken too quickly), Waited long time for coffee at breakfast - eventually had to leave my table and locate member of staff to get a result. Eventually two coffees arrived at the same time.

Super comfortable room, bed, TVs(2) plus a microwave

• Penthouse Suite (Family)

One of the worst hotels i’ve ever stayed at Old furniture Poor design “Penthouse” is not more than a one bedroom apartment No sense of luxury at all

• Superior Twin Room

larger cups for tea and coffee instead of just espresso cups

Amazing views on the 14th floor - room was big and spacious, good facilities -loved the Elemis products in the bathroom

• Superior Double Room with London Eye View

Quality of breakfast food e.g. bacon all fatty broken up pieces - looked awful and too cramped an area for number of people despite many table not in use at the time. Hotel itself was excellent but I wouldn't book breakfast in future and would find somewhere closeby

• Superior Twin Room

The hotel is incredibly well located. 300m from the Thames shore exactly at The London Eye place, beautiful place to take a walk as well as public transport. The bus stop to Stansted Airport is just 200m from the hotel! On the other side, very quite!

Had to queue for breakfast and dishes not topped up. Staff not very helpful. Room small and hot - no fresh air and aircon not any good. Wanted a meal before going to a show, but the only restaurant in the hotel did not open until 5.30 pm - too late!

• Studio Double (Family)

We were moved 2 times due to the air-conditioning in rooms not working and no windows in room to let in fresh air. The rooms were far to hot and my wife suffered with skin irritation and had to seek medical help to sort it out, this was due to temperature of the room. The manager finally moved us to a room with windows to let in fresh air and all was good in the end!

We enjoyed the last night at this hotel in the pen-house room, where we could open a window and let in some fresh air. The hotel rooms apart from this room was far to hot to sleep as the air-conditioning didn't seem to produce cold air!

• Studio Double (Family)

Breakfast area is too small for such a huge hotel. Too often you are in line already at 08:00 am.

It is a children friendly hotel. Very close to all attractions.

• Superior Twin Room

Avoid the breakfasts. Possibly the worst i have experienced in 20 years of travel. The bathroom had a VERY deep bath shower, quite an effirt to get into shower screen was ineffective leaking a lot of water onto the floor.

Great towels great location

• Studio Double (Family)

Bar area too small for the amount of guests in the hotel. We didn’t have breakfast, and I’m glad as the queue was REALLY long. Had breakfast on the south bank, no queue and half the price. Room was expensive for room only booking.

Great location, fantastic view from our room, well equipped with a coffee machine and mircowave in the room.

• Superior Double Room with London Eye View

The restaurant was quite small and with so many guests, queuing is unfortunately to be expected during breakfast.

The location and view. Friendly and helpful staff.

Only thing missing was a pool.

I liked everything-service, location, restaurant, rooms. Liked it so much I will be going back again this summer. For my first visit to London it could not have been better!

We were upgraded to a penthouse room which was spectacular and unexpected. Views from balcony at night were very special. It was a wonderful start to our trip. Bed was very comfortable and enjoyed the coffee from the Nespresso machine in the morning. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

nice location - special offer in restaurant/bar during the stay we arrived around midnight .. it was not possible, to find a restaurant nearby which was open to get some food. This was a little bit strange for us.

• Studio Double Room

Restautant closed at 1.30 pm. Feel that lunch service could ha ve gone on longer.

Gary and Andrew were particularly helpful when we had car hire problems. Room was good with a view of the Shard. Great location.

• Superior Double Room with London Eye View

I think the room was a little over priced for the size and the bathroom shower door didn't fit also I paid extra for a London eye view and could only just see it at the top

The location was ideal for the attractions we visited and the room was very clean

The room was too small, the breakfast very poor and the picture with the terrace is from the penthouses so you actually don't get to see that if you're not booking the penthouse.

The bed was comfortable, the location very good.

The air conditioning didn't seem to work. The room was so hot in the morning

My husband was really pleased that our free upgrade came with a proper coffee maker...it made his birthday so thank you

Receiving a free upgrade. Hugely impressive suite and will definitely be staying here again. I love the flexibility and forethought to upgrade me without prompting - am very grateful.

• Penthouse Suite (Family)

When we arrived, we was given a wrong room number, so we was trying to get into a room for 5 minutes after going to reception and getting a correct room number, we went into our room which wasn’t a penthouse at all! We thought that the room we was going to get would be everything which stated on booking.com however it was far from it, there was no advertised bath or dining area with a dining table. And no sink in the kitchen area?! This room was absolutely poor. I called down to reception and they were keen to move us to another room which was good however if we didn’t call down and complain we would have paid a lot of money for a poor excuse of a penthouse!

I really liked the penthouse suite as it was luxurious and spacious. The breakfast was nice and the staff were very friendly and helpful

• Superior Twin Room

I shared a room with my friend and the glass door on the bathroom (with no lock) was not great.

The bed was really comfortable and breakfast was lovely. We were brilliantly placed for attractions and the station for underground couldn’t have been more convenient.

Check in area/ hotel lobby was REALLY BASIC Almost puts you off!! Doesn’t do justice to such a well located comfortable hotel

Location was great, hotel was functional & comfortable, we were upgraded to a suite which was very kind of the girl at the check in

• Executive Family Studio with London Eye View

Breakfast not worth £20; but it’s London! There are lots of other options.

Location’s convenient for Westminster, the river, the Eye & tube to central London. Easy trip from/to King’s Cross. Exec. suite with view was modern, very clean & spacious. Housekeeping was excellent & the ice machine in the hall was useful. The kitchenette was handy. It would be great suite for a family stay. 7th floor was quiet for London. Air con was used - we were lucky with good weather.

• Studio Double Room

There are a few areas in the room that could do with attention ie the light sockets, the lime scale on the shower cubicle and a bit of black mound in the shower.

The whole experience was fab.

• Superior Double Room with London Eye View

Air conditioning was not cool enough. Didn't know until check out the hotel are able to individually control room temperatures which would have made the room better.

Fabulous room location, epic views of the London eye.

Browse Park Plaza County Hall London traveller photo gallery