Reviews of Park Hotel 3 stars

3-5 Granville Terrace, Redcar, TS10 3AR, United Kingdom

#4 of 5 hotels in Redcar

Tea tray, bed comfortable thoughtful lay out of room

No lift to many stairs. The shower was merely a shower head attached to the bath now affixed to the wall. I mentioned this to an older staff member she simply said an well we can't afford that to the wall... I tried to say I had difficulty getting out of the bath once seated due to a bad left knee but she talked over me... Normally she'd wouldn't have continued as I would've have said so to her but I was with friends and they were waiting outside

Tea tray, bed comfortable thoughtful lay out of room

It was lovely being on the seafront.

It was very hot and there was no air conditioning ar even a fan in the room which was disappointing.

Everything except as stated below. The food especially was excellent.

Super little hotel.

There’s no lift.

Great location. Clean. Friendly staff. Good parking and super fast WiFi. We booked the bigger rooms and it was totally worth it. Breakfast was very good.

Very clean room, staff friendly, didn't sleep well because of heat of room & uncomfortable pillows

Room was extremely warm. Pillows were very hard and uncomfortable.

Lovely clean room, very spacious, staff friendly. Lovely touch having biscuits and sweets in room.

peaceful and quiet

The hotel although reasonable would benefit from some decoration

The hotel was spotlessly clean and is in the best situation for a visit to the beach and town centre. My room was at the back, and thought the view wasn't exactly pcturesque it wasn't terrible either. More importanlty it was very quiet on a friday night .The bed was very comfortable . The room was a good size. I don't eat cooked breakfast so can't comment on the meal apart from to say it looked very nice and well prepared. Nice to see fresh fruit at breakfast time.

Alright for a couple of nights but would want better room with view if staying longer.

Room small and needed decorating. Bathroom ceiling needed redecorating. Ground floor room at back.

Bed comfortable. Friendly staff. Great Breakfast. Location of hotel.

Having had enjoyable stays here before this stay was a disappointment

Having to use stairs to the furthest room on the top floor with luggage and husband with a disability. A lift would have been appreciated.

Breakfast. Friendly and helpful dining room staff

Quaint and quirky beach front, with delightful staff

Limited parking. Shower wasn't wall mounted, felt like you need another person to help wash. Family room with 3 single beds no double. No option for cooling the room in high unusual British temperatures.

Staff were very friendly and helpful. Very well kept rooms, nice and clean through the building. Lovely quaint building, with a great location right on the beach front. Taking into account the potential of beach goings providing 2 towels per person was a nice touch. Refreshing to stay in a hotel with adequate pillows already provided with no need to ask for more.

Lovely view and so close to amenities.

Lovely view and so close to amenities. Staff were fantastic and really friendly. Cleaner left bag of teas, coffees, biscuits and toilet roll as I had do not disturb sign out which was super helpful

great base for exploring the area and meeting up with family - we will be back!!

It would have been nice to have somewhere to sit like a residents lounge that was not part of the bar, however as the bar was so huge even this wasn't a problem.

The bedrooms were comfortable and very very clean, full facilities including free wifi, tea coffee biscuits, iron and ironing board and hairdryer. For a hotel with this tariff the facilities were pretty impressive. The staff were polite cheerful and professional, they were also very knowledgeable about the surrounding area.

A fantasic, traditional seaside hotel

Lovely friendly staff, spacious comfortable room - spitlessly clean. Gorgeous views out of both windows. Right on seafront. Had stroll on beach after breakfast Got a great night's sleep. Decor is bit dated but for me it added to the charm. Would definitely recommend and return. Stupendous breakfast, loads of choice and attentive staff.

incredible

no faults

We had the Richmond Suite and it was massive and on the sea front ...well worth it . Staff very friendly and nothing to much trouble. Lovely walk along the prom.

Pleasant and realxing.

No continenetal or choice 1 fruit juice (orange), 1 fruit Graparefruit no mixed fruits, no cheese, ham etc or croisants. No head shower only in bath

Location, staff friendly, good food in resturant in evening. Breakafst full english breakfast good

A pleasant hotel reminiscent of earlier times. Lovely staff. Great views from rooms facing the sea.
    • Suite

Breakfast in the Bain Maries could have been warmer and the food less than optimal from sitting in there too long. Perhaps staff could place less in at a time and refresh the items more frequently.

As this hotel is right on the waterfront promenade we had an excellent view of the sea.

To Visit long lost friends, and look around the area.

The staff were so friendly and helpful, the location was just right for us, Just on the edge of the high street and the beach. will stay again the next time we are in the area.

our first room was very small and bed not comfortable didnt...

our first room was very small and bed not comfortable didnt sleep much due to the kitchen fans going all night However when i told them next day that i wasnt going to stay and wanted a refund they gave us a suite the bathroom there was the size of our first room such a pity we didnt get that room on our first night

Breakfast was lovely and the staff are so friendly.
    • Suite

Rooms are a little dated but immaculate and as expected for a three star property.

Breakfast was lovely and the staff are so friendly. We chose to stay because we were going to the races. We didn't eat there other than breakfast but my Mam said the carvery is amazing and always eats there when she visits for the day.

The park hotel
    • Suite

The decor and furniture is very dated. The wallpaper was peeling off from what looked like damp. The carpet had marks on it .The sofa was broken at one side .

The staff were very friendly nothing was too much trouble . The chambermaid who cleaned the main bar was very helpful .Breakfast choice was amazing and very well presented

Good value for money

If anything the decor could do with a little TLC as it looked quite dated but I would definitely stay there again.

The food was excellent and good value for money. The bed was very comfortable and being able to access WiFi was very helpful. All the people working there were very pleasant and went out of their way to make me welcome.

A fair hotel in a very small market.

A big downside for me is the very poor quality of the internet. It was impossible to get reception in our bedrooms and the only place you could even attempt to facetime was in the lobby area.

Hotels in Redcar are few and far between, so the Park Hotel even though my ratings are lower than other places I typically stay at is one of the better options if you need to stay in the area.

Lady at the reception was lovely.

You get what you pay for , I didn’t expect Hilton standards for £65 a night but the hotel is really run down. There is a beautiful see view but you can’t enjoy it due to the crate like things on the windows. Tables in the breakfast room were really sticky and that put me off the food.

Lady at the reception was lovely.

Dreadfull

The dirty stain on the bed sheet. The noise from the fan outside the window.the lack of tea an coffee. No breakfast included in the price. The bedding and pillows an matress too thin.

Rooms were tired looking but staff friendly and food nice and good value.

I think its shame as hotel is situated nicely and staff very friendly but its let down by the decor in rooms and the bedroom furniture all could do with renewing .

On arrival we were put in a room right on top floor being no lift was a struggle for my partner who has a knee problem the room was very tired looking and had a funny damp smell , also had low eves were the tea making was and his side of bed he banged his head twice :( the next morning we requested to be moved which to be honest very easily done by them and they quite happily showed us a couple of rooms in the end we were moved to the bridal suite which didnt have a funny smell and the sea view was lovely but again very tired looking and taps were a nightmare on hand basin struggled to switch on and off and tap in bath wasnt the original one as if you didnt get it pushed in quite right it would empty a full bath out which it did twice :( to be honest if it was my honeymoon and was given this room i would of been very disappointed , But saying that cant fault the food and staff were very friendly .

Lovely hotel in a great sea front position. Great restaurant food and breakfast.

No lift and we were in the farthest room. Room 23 was dated in the decor (although all the other rooms seemed more modern)but it's main issue was there was only 2 plug sockets for tv, kettle, hairdryer, 2 mobiles and an electric toothbrush.

The cooked Breakfast was great. Personally I would have liked porridge or more varieties of fruit to have with the yoghurt. Large spacious rooms.

Good value in a nice seafront location. Friendly staff.

Slightly more toiletries

Our stay was a Sunday evening, and although the hotel was very quiet, there is no food available after 7.00pm, which was more than an hour before we could get there. However, they did let us eat a brought in sandwich in the bar , so we could enjoy some drinks.

Enjoyable

We did book in advance and ask for 2 double rooms with sea views, we only got one double and a twin with no sea views.

The staff were very helpful.Nice size room.

We enjoyed being there,and felt welcome.

Possibly having exit signs on the corridor doors, as sometimes we just went into another corridor, when looking for the stairs. But this is a vey minor thing, and did not detract from our stay.

the staff were friendly and polite,. The room was a good size and we were able to open the window when required. The whole hotel was very clean and well kept. I would stay there again.

Absolutely appalling

So many things wrong with this place!

When checking in we were happy with the room and everything was clean, when it came to the morning I turned the shower on and this pathetic little dribble came out and I couldn’t even get my hair completely wet in it, we then went down to breakfast and were extremely disappointed to get to the buffet and there was only ONE piece of bacon available and only ONE sausage!! ( it’s not like we were late down either, it was just before 8!!) We had asked for toast so I stock piled on that to fill me up then after about half an hour they decided to top the hot breakfast buffet up. Also the reception has a horrible smell to it which isn’t pleasant when you first get to a hotel but the rooms don’t smell at all so that’s fine. Staff were friendly although when checking out the lady at reception was on the phone and just gestured at us to give her the key and didn’t say a word to us at all! Overall I wouldn’t recommend this hotel to anyone unless they don’t wash their hair or don’t eat! I visit the area often as it is where family lives and unfortunately I won’t be visiting this hotel often, my room was number 18 on the third floor, I hope the showers are better in other rooms! The only good thing about this hotel is it’s ideal location on the sea front and pretty views, but there are soooo many other hotels with actual good service and facilities FOR A LOT CHEAPER on the sea front.

Great value for money and excellent location. Very nice hotel.

Bed was a little firm for my liking, but not a big issue unless staying for an extended period. Room 32 was a little warm and stuffy, and the windows only opened at the top, so provided only a small amount of ventilation. Again, not a big issue, but if weather had been hotter, it could have been a little uncomfortable.

Breakfast was of good quality and plentiful. The bar area was a great place to relax. Less than 10 minute walk to the high street, and beach across the road made the location of the hotel perfect. Certainly great value for money.

Great staff Great rooms Great breakfast
    • Suite

Liked everything so stress free

Ease of check in friendly staff. Nice breakfast. Nice and peaceful. Every member of staff was lovely they are an asset of the hotel

Good central place to stay in Redcar.

Some refurb is needed and one of our rooms did not have a shower, just a bath.

The hotel is MUCH better inside than you would guess from the outside. The restaurant is good, and the rooms are large. The staff were friendly.

Not suitable for disabled.

Having to ask for heating, asked a number of times about the wi fi in the room, there was no signal, only in the bar area, bar area got busy, spent Saturday night in room with no wi fi. On leaving Sunday I was told there would be money to pay, I said I had paid in full, online, I was told only for one night, my booking was 3 nights, it was checked, and I had paid in full, for the 3 nights, but this was not what was on the computer.

The heating was poor, they supplied a radiator. They gave us a room to suit my disability, but at the back of the hotel. The bar staff were helpful, and pleasant.

Great value for an enjoyable weekend break.

The pillows were very hard! Plenty of parking but a little tight when busy.

Very friendly staff. Had evening meal and breakfast - the food was excellent and plenty of it! Good restaurant standard, particularly delicious deserts!

A perfect hot sunny wk end 😁😁😁

I can't say I didn't like any thing however shower mats would be very helpful or bathmats as my partner has a condition called neuropathy and is very in steady on her feet so has trouble with the bath and shower.

Everything was great no complaints

surprisingly good value for the money, we stayed an extra day

Did not have any problems with the hotel, the service or the venue

Room and bathroom were comfortable, a good size and very clean. The food was good and plentiful; the location was perfect and the Hotel had a good sized car park. The staff were very helpful.

Staff were lovely.

This was probably once a lovely hotel on Redcar seafront but now its very tired and in need of extensive refurbishment. The staff were exceptional though.

Staff were lovely. Food (breakfast) was great

Well worth a return visit!

A minor issue with parking when hotel bar/restaurant is full and have no parking space after a day out, but not a big issue.

Loved the fact that we had the sea view and woke up to the sound of the waves..very clean throughout and friendly, helpful staff.

Comfortable but room dated and not value for money.

The room though comfortable was dated. The light fitting looked like it was going to fall out of the ceiling, the bathroom had cobwebs hanging from the ceiling and the boards around the bath were damaged and as they were MDF it looks like they have started to expand.

The bed was comfortable and the breakfast was very good with plenty of choice.

not pleased at all will not stay again

For a 70 year old being on the top floor was not good the bed was terrible for you could feel the springs when trying to sleep. love opera but not at 1 0'clock in the morning very noisy and bad parking

Redcar and area was ok

Ideal venue for visiting nearby family and will probably stay here again

We stayed in the Coatham suite which has a delightful sea view. Beds were comfy and the hotel was quiet at night so had a good sleep. Hotel has own car park so no issues with parking

The only one thing we had an issue with was there was a...
    • Suite

The only one thing we had an issue with was there was a contant like ticking/banging noise which I can only describe as been as annoying as a ticking clock and when trying to sleep you can notice it quite a bit

For one night it provided the basic needs although the bathroom had a poorly positioned toilet.

The room was very small for the price. The toilet was placed so close to the heated towel rail there was a danger of burning your leg, especially as it was wedged between the wall and the shower. Bathroom tiles were loose. I could not have used my laptop as there was not enough room. Previous two occasions that I have stayed I've had a bath while this time it was only a shower.

Food was good and the staff were friendly. Disabled car parking was also good.

Nice hotel and location

There was a wedding party at location, which we were not informed off at booking. Very busy and noisy and not enough staff. Poor lady on reception had to keep working the bar leaving reception .

Bar and staff were friendly. Room was clean. Location is perfect for the town and surrounding area

Delighted with our stay

Recently visited The Park Hotel for a friend's wedding. Absolutely delighted with our room,very spacious,clean and very modern. Would definitely stay again and recommend to others Thanks for a great stay 😁

For price we paid would not return

Fried bread all soggy under beans sausage over cooked could not chew it and was cold

Breakfast in our room Turned up cold and soggy big peppercorns in scramble eggs which my 5yr old grandaughter could not eat was charge adult price for her this was a waste of money as she didn't eat anything disapointed breakfast in all .

Great hotel, always our first choice

The bath panel was hanging off, my husband tried to push into place but it kept springing out. The pillows are like bricks, but bed otherwise comfortable.

Great hotel, good location - we've stayed a few times now and it's a good hotel to bring a family. The food is excellent!

With some improvements to the facilities this place could be the jewel in the crown of Redcar.

The shower/bathroom, stayed in Room 22 I think second floor at the back. No overhead bracket to hold the shower head. So it was hand held in the bath. So no actual shower or shower curtain. I tried to make do but the water was cold and temperamental messing around with the taps. If I had kept trying I would imagine the bathroom floor would be flooded. So this was a real let down. It would probably cost a few hundred quid to sort this out, put a bracket in and shower curtain or just build a shower instead, not expensive, the year is 2018 I believe. Finally, in the end I didn't even bother having a shower, that's how bad it was. In hindsight I wish I had paid more for a suite, but for a standard double room at £75 per night a pop, you expect a working shower and hot water.

The Breakfast buffet was excellent, very friendly and welcoming staff at Breakfast, they are a credit to the Hotel. Food was excellent.

In need of some serious TLC
    • Suite

The Park is a tired old place and is in need of some serious investment. Our first room was on the top floor and was dark and dingy. Despite saying wifi was available we couldn't connect at all throughout our stay. On day two the boiler packed up and we couldn't do our ablutions. Were were promptly allocated another suite in the adjoining annex which was altogether different. It was ground floor, bright and airey. The only drawback was the bed, which was two single mattresses pushed together and the kept parting during the night. All in all, we've had better stays at the Parki

We've stayed there before as we have family close by and it's convenient. The suite we were allocated was very roomy. We had a problem with our room and had to relocate to a different part of the hotel but the staff couldn't have been more helpful, as always.

Very good , location was good .

A lack of electric sockets

We realised we hadn't booked breakfast , that wasn't a problem and it was a good selection for very little extra money

Comfortable value for money

Bar wasn't open after lunch finished. No lift so it may bother some customers.

Great breakfast buffet style with plenty on offer. Early bird evening carvery great value for money.

Bad experience. Not worth the price.
    • Suite

Hotel room was not clean at all. Very old fashionend interior were wallpaper comes from the walls. Some furniture was broken. Very bad bed !! WiFi wasn't working at all !!

Overall very enjoyable we only stayed one night only wish it was longer will be staying again in sum

Don't think you need to change anything at all very nice hotel .

I could have taken the bed home with me extra comfortable the staff were very friendly and helpful.even booked us a taxi to our venue and the view from our window was amazing would definetly stop here again thankyou .

EXCELLENT ALL ROUND

NOTHING COULD HAVE GIVEN US A MORE COMFORTABLE STAY

THE STAFF WERE ALWAYS HELPFUL AND FRIENDLY THE FOOD WAS ALWAYS PIPING HOT AND TASTY THE ROOM WE STOPPED IN WAS EXCELLENT

Staff helpful and friendly.

Pillows far too hard. Bed even more so. Sticky tables in dinning room. Too noisy in Room15 after boiler started up at 0700.

Staff helpful and friendly. Large bar and dinning room.

Nice hotel, shame about the booking process

A shower wouldn’t go a miss, it wasn’t exactly clear which room we would be staying in due to the pictures and all 4 couples we travelled with had the same room booked and they were all totally different! If anything some of them should have been cheaper due to the small size of the rooms and bathroom. I had booked under the impression that it would be pay on arrival but I had the full amount for 4 rooms taken out of my account and was not pleased at all!

The beds were comfy and it was nice to be able to borrow an ironing board. Our room also had a kettle which was nice.

Good value, good location

Room was a little cold when we first arrived but there was a stand alone heater and it soon warmed up

Lovely suite with beautiful views of sea and cliffs Affordable room service meals

Very pleasant and more than acceptable but I would ask to stay in another room if I visit again.

I was allocated room 7, The Granville Suite, which was very warm and kitchen extract was a continuous noise until midnight. Radiators were not on so I guess this room is over the kitchen and the heat was rising from there as well. Extract started again at around 06.00 so not easy to get to sleep at night and a little disturbing in the morning.

Room was very large and bed was comfortable. Food for dinner and breakfast was very good. All round the staff were great.

Lovely staff really enjoyed our stay myself and my 7 year...

The bed was a bit small and hard and the bathroom could use a makeover.

Lovely staff really enjoyed our stay myself and my 7 year old son. The food was really nice and good value for money. We collected fossils off the beach which is right outside the front door. I would definitely stay here again. Just for the location and the staff. Thanks

Definitely a regular visit for us.

Beautiful hotel, lovely staff and the rooms were excellent both times we have stayed. The best was waking up to a sea view then the breakfast, gorgeous.

Good and bad. Generally OK

Noisy toilet. Staff not exactly committed to looking after customers. Cashed up the bar while there wer still 20 people in the place at 10.50 on a Saturday night. Served breakfast then left us without enough toast. No staff on hand to ask. had to go into the kitchen.

Big rooms. Sea view. Good and very reasonably priced evening meal. good breakfast

Hotel is one of the best things in a Redcar.

Hotel was excellent. Redcar in a storm in January, had drama but little else.

A lovely stay. Asked for a sea view, I was given a room with two sea views. A suite with two sofas and a corner bath. Excellent value for money. Very clean, quiet room. One of the most comfortable night stays in a hotel.

Pleasant staff, sea view, 24 hour bar. Car park. Good breakfast.

Late check out would have made life easier. Hotel was not busy but late check out not offered however I did not ask. Midday would have been easier.

Sea view, quiet room. Reception booked taxi. Access to bar 24 hours for residents.

Lovely staff and hotel just shame about the bathroom

Shower didn't work properly it just dribbled out and had to wait 10 minutes for it to heat up. The sink took 10 minutes to get cold water for it and when you flushed the toilet it made a loud banging noise. Lovely

The staff were amazing and couldn't do more for us. Lovely room but bathroom and plumbing let's the place down!

A relaxing respite from the madding crowds.

We didn't actually like the restaurant ,just from a personal point of view, as it wasn't cosy it was more like a canteen, which is obviously more convenient for them for the amount of clientele and functions they often cater for. Having said that it wasn't really a problem as we ate in the bar which was really comfortable.

The location of the hotel was amazing and the room was lovely, the view was fabulous we could even hear the sea from our room. Our room was well maintained with a good welcome tray there was even hot chocolate, which you don't often find and it was good quality. Lovely toiletries were also provided and the bed and linen was top quality and the bed very 'comfy'. All in all The Park is a 'proper' old fashioned hotel and very enjoyable.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2017

Food was terrific.

Nothing comes to mind.

Food was terrific. Really enjoyed the mince and dumplings on the menu and breakfast was particularly good too :) Great value, thoroughly recommend this hotel.

Good for Redcar

Redecorate and lower the price

A lovely Hotel (for Redcar) really friendly staff, most areas were clean, car park could do with a tidy up, leaking kitchen pipes aren't nice, room (5) was clean, with lovely sea views, but its obvious the room above had had a leak and the stains are still evident, breakfast was great, but I do feel it was £10 more than it should have been considering its in Redcar.

Still enjoyed our stay
    • Suite

Can't comment on pub food as restaurant closed for private party. Breakfast (hot and cold buffet style) ok but could have been warmer, fried eggs left under light warmer but had tinfoil over so were nearly cold. Double bed was 2 singles pushed together, very uncomfortable .

Lovely staff . Decent bar and restaurant area. Lovely sized suite (Kirkleatham), fantastic views. Hotel overlooking the sea, within walking of everything.

Great value.

Room was very hot, although the radiator could be turned down.

Spotless & a good sized room. Well stocked tray. Excellent meal, Steak & Mushroom pie with roast & mash potatoes, carrots, sprouts, parsnips & peas. My 5 a day all in one meal. Good breakfast.

Most enjoyable.

I have no dislikes.

Location is in the centre of town, easily accessible and near all amenities. All staff were friendly and helpful,with good food and a cheerful atmosphere.

Cozy, relaxing & friendly atmosphere

Lovely friendly staff who made you feel welcome from the minute you stepped through the doors. Spacious, warm & comfortable rooms. Food was delicious

Nice stay if they heater is not too high
    • Suite

My room was hot although I didn't turn on the heather in November. They have the heater on high in common area and the heat transfter to my room that I couldn't sleep since they only have a thick blanket. I wish they have a sheet under the blanket as hotels in the USA.

The breakfast is good and parking is convenient. I forgot to change my stay after a day later and they didn't charge me which is very nice of them. They have fruits during breakfast too, which is hard to find at other hotels in the area.

Perfect as always
    • Suite

Nothing about hotel only issue was book.coms fault and hotel sorted it with no issues

I loved the feel of the place and the way staff communicate with u

The hotel was good value as we paid £54 for the night. Location was good.

There was no lift and reception never asked if we would like someone to take our luggage as we were on the top floor ?

The restaurant was having a refurbishment so it was a temporary buffet breakfast in the bar and they coped well.

Unexpected gem

Looked like there had been a flood into the room from the room above but this wasn't a big issue for me.

Staff were welcoming and friendly. Breakfast was good. I felt safe. Extra touch Sweets and biscuits in the room. Lovely new bathroom in room 5.

Ok, clean and quiet

The hotel room only had two plug sockets and not near a mirror so trying to do your hair was problematic

Hotel was very close to a wedding reception that we were attending