2. UK hotel reviews

Reviews of Park Villa Boutique Hostel

51 Grove Road, Tower Hamlets, London, E3 4PE, United Kingdom

#361 of 933 hotels in London

Based on 207 hostel reviews

Read more- opens a dialog box

Showing 1 – 25

• Reviewed: 25 May 2022

Pleasant and good price-quality value for London

Not much

Very accessible by tube, very good Wi-Fi. My room was big, with all the essential commodities .

• Reviewed: 24 May 2022

• Bed in 5-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Facilities

friendly staff!

• Reviewed: 21 May 2022

Overall, I enjoyed my stay at the hostel, I would book again, it met all expectations.
    • Bed in 6-Bed Female Only Dormitory Room

Quite the relief to find that the Mile End Tube Station and bus stops were a short walk (2-4mins) to the hostel. The area and street was quiet and clean, safe to walk even after 6pm. There is a service station beside the hostel if you ever need to get fuel or bits and pieces, some cafes and convenient shops down the road near the tube station, a Post Office, a Church, all within walking distance. My dorm window was facing the street from the 1st floor, traffic noise was minimal, one could sleep soundly at night. The Staff were friendly and helpful, I was directed to the PO within minutes of asking. The all female dorm I was in had 6 bunks, nicely spaced, it felt comfortable. There were 2 floor fans available so that was a plus, I could move one easily across the floor to where I was and keep cool. Wi-Fi worked super, had no problems connecting, front door had an electronic key so the doors was shut and locked on leaving and at night time, and the bunk beds were comfortable. The bunks had curtains for privacy, good storage. bed light was working, one could charge their phone beside the bed. The bathroom and toilet were ok and had windows that could open out, had hot water for showers.

• Reviewed: 14 May 2022

Superb
    • Bed in 6-Bed Female Only Dormitory Room

Shared rooms with privacy. It was a wonderful experience and the staff is very friendly and cheerful!! 😊😊

• Reviewed: 9 May 2022

Great stay, very recommendable!
    • Large Twin Room

We found the bathroom/toilet could have been cleaned a bit better. :(

We had the room with private bathroom. The two rooms were very well set up, with two single beds in separate but communicating rooms. Nice high ceilings and windows that open. The hostel is in a great location just beside the Mile End Park and the Regent's canal, and the wonderful Victoria Park a short walk away. The staff was absolutely wonderful. Very nice, and very helpful!

• Reviewed: 27 April 2022

Strategic accomodation with a fair price
    • Bed in 8-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room

Actually nothing. It exceeded my expectations.

The staff is very cheerful, the rooms are clean and comfortable, there is the possibility to have the breakfast for just three pounds and the price is very fair. Besides, you have the metro nearby. What else you want?

• Reviewed: 20 April 2022

a lovely little place to stay I will definitely visit here again

it was ideal

ideally located to where I was delivering training and local amenities were not very far at all

• Reviewed: 19 April 2022

met needs - we needed a place close to public transport where we can sleep safely and shower daily.
    • Large Twin Room

no vending machine, very soft bed, noisy

spacious room, location, kettle and coffee bags, served our purpose well.

• Reviewed: 18 April 2022

Budget & comfort
    • Bed in 6-Bed Female Only Dormitory Room

Heating was on while it was 20 degrees outside and we could not turn it off unfortunately.

Beds are very confortable, with a socket, table and light. There are curtains for more privacy in the bed. The bedroom for 6 women was spacious and confortable, with a desk and shelves for our personal items.

• Reviewed: 16 April 2022

I enjoyed my stay, hassle free accommodation at a great price.
    • Twin Room with Shared Facilities

could have been a bit cleaner in the room (it wasn't dirty) as I found a Malteser on the floor and we didn't have any Maltesers, bathrooms needs a little maintenance but wasn't bad.

staff were friendly and helpful, I also love the feel of the place. Its in a great location very near the tube station. Room was as expected.

• Reviewed: 7 April 2022

Good
    • Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Facilities

I was not a fan there wasn't bike storage inside the facility considering cycling is huge in London. I did not feel comfortable locking my bike out front and they discouraged bring mine into my room, even though there was more than enough room for it.

• Reviewed: 4 April 2022

Great!
    • Large Twin Room

Window not very good. We can hear the noise from the street.

Great hostel! Double room very big and very clean. People in reception very helpfull. Ian and Jackob very kind with us. Great employees!

• Reviewed: 28 March 2022

Great overall experience. I would definitely recommend!
    • Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Facilities

Some areas were cold, others very warm.

Staff was extremely kind, friendly and helpful. They solved all my questions readily, even gave me an extra blanket because the room was a bit cold. All guests were very respectful.

• Reviewed: 22 March 2022

• Bed in 6-Bed Female Only Dormitory Room

Bathroom facilities couldve been a little more up to date and the location of the locked storage (under the bed) is not ideal.

Friendly staff, great location, good price. Bed was comfy and clean. Bedroom was a decent size with mirrors and a desk. Bathroom was within the bedroom so fewer people could use it.

• Reviewed: 14 March 2022

Suitable and comfortable for our needs. Staff friendly and helpful
    • Large Twin Room

An extra pillow on the bed would have made it more comfortable. Bed side lamps would be useful

Breakfast was fine . You helped yourself.

• Reviewed: 27 February 2022

• Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Facilities

The location is perfect and close to everything in London.

Stayed in February 2022

• Reviewed: 16 February 2022

Excellent value for money!
    • Large Twin Room

We had a private room with two single beds, a sitting area, a small fridge, and our own bathroom with shower. The price was honestly incredible for what we got - we were a bit unsure at first because it seemed to be too good to be true. The room was great and the location was very convenient for the tube. This will be the first place I look at when I need to travel to London again.

Stayed in December 2021

• Reviewed: 14 February 2022

Clean, comfortable and ideally located. It's a hostel, but better than some hotels I've used there.
    • Large Twin Room

Emailed in advance to check-in on-line. I took the time and provided all the requested information. However, on arrival, I had to give them all the information again, and also details not requested on the site prior to arrival. Frustrating when you are tired on arrival.

Spacious room, well appointed for our needs - clean and comfortable, and located near to where we wanted to be. Also very close to central London, if you want to be there too! The last time I used a hostel, they were far more basic...

Stayed in February 2022

• Reviewed: 26 January 2022

Always amazing hostel to stay at in London
    • Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Facilities

The beds are comfortable and the staff were amazing

• Reviewed: 26 January 2022

Superb
    • Twin Room with Shared Facilities

Clean and spacious room. Convenient location for QMUL. Short tube journey to central London.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2022

NOT TOO BAD..
    • Bed in 4-Bed Mixed Dormitory Room with Shared Facilities

No socket closed to bed..

• Reviewed: 23 December 2021

Good
    • Bed in 6-Bed Female Only Dormitory Room

Disgusting, dirty kitchen. I'm not blaming the great stuff, who's cleaning kitchen everyday, but it is not enough - I think it needs to be completely refurbished. Also - its a minor though - no heater in the bathrooms.

Stuff was nice and helpful, my room (as well as en - suite bathroom) was clean. Hostel is located very close to the tube, so you can easily commute within London.

Stayed in December 2021

• Reviewed: 13 December 2021

Great.
    • Twin Room with Shared Facilities

not a huge critism some paintork could do with freshening up.

The location, staff, room, area.

Stayed in November 2021

• Reviewed: 22 November 2021

Excellent. The best hostel stayed in
    • Twin Room with Shared Facilities

Great facilities, great attention to detail. Clean with nice decor. Nespresso pod machine, fridge, microwave. The toilet roll didn't work but it was immediately and efficiently fixed.

Stayed in November 2021

Showing 1 – 25

We Price Match
We Price Match
Low rates • No booking fees • Find cheaper? We'll refund the difference!