2. UK hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Park Plaza Leeds

Reviews of Park Plaza Leeds 4 stars

Boar Lane, City Square, Leeds, LS1 5NS, United Kingdom

#28 of 48 hotels in Leeds

Read more- opens a dialog box

Showing 1 – 75

• Reviewed: 18 January 2019

Comfortable night, with plenty of space

Breakfast disappointing, bread was dull and supermarket ish, sticking to the teeth! Fruit salad was tasteless. Hot food had been sitting around too long.

Bed was very comfortable, the double aspect view of the city at night was lovely.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2019

Location is excellent short walk to main shopping area.
    • Executive Double Room

Found a stale cheese sandwich on the window when we got into our room.Told reception just said they tell house keeping .

Location is excellent short walk to main shopping area. When we checked in girl was very friendly at reception.

• Reviewed: 16 January 2019

Location and onsite gym

Lack of customer care. Going to bed on an empty stomach as the room service takes over 3 hours to get to you so ended up cancelling my order as by 11pm nothing showed up. Staff unapologetic and uncaring, sniggering down the phone to me.

Location and onsite gym

• Reviewed: 14 January 2019

AMAZING

I loved every minute of this stay! I would highly recommend.

The bed was absolutely luxurious! Also the location was absolutely brilliant.. worth paying a little bit extra to be so close to trinity centre, bars and restaurants.

• Reviewed: 14 January 2019

Great room with city views and great location

Breakfast was poor quality, the cooked items, bacon, sausage, black pudding etc kept under heat lamps which made them have the texture of cardboard

Great room with city views and great location

• Reviewed: 13 January 2019

Freezing room
    • Superior Twin Room

-The room was freezing cold so the guy had to bring a heater a portable one but I was top worried leaving it on overnight so was freezing all night - the bathroom had hair in the bath and round the plug - there was no fridge in the room -the blinds were filthy

- location was Fab

• Reviewed: 11 January 2019

Very professional . Welcoming and helpful
    • Executive Triple Room

The view was spectacular as we were on 20th floor. The food at Chino Latino was excellent, generous portions. Trinity shopping centre and other shops close by.

• Reviewed: 10 January 2019

Great size room with a massive and comfortable bed.

Couldn't get the TV to work but member of staff came and fiddled with the sky box and it came on but then the next morning when we put it on it didn't work again so obviously a connection problem with the sky box.

Great size room with a massive and comfortable bed. Great location too

• Reviewed: 9 January 2019

Nice hotel but no atmosphere, or particularly welcoming

The staff in the hotel really werent very interested. At check in, i was told my room number and that was it. The lady said enjoy your stay and went about her business. I then asked where the gym was, restaurant, bar etc. I dined in the restaurant, and whilst the food was ok, the service was appalling. I went to pay myself as i got fed up waiting.

Location was great, facilities in the hotel.

• Reviewed: 8 January 2019

Perfect hotel for work. Location is spot on!

The only niggle was that my TV signal would not come on when I switched the TV on so I kept having to call reception for someone to come up and fix it

Full sky channels in your room. Really good size rooms Excellent shower Huge super king size bed Staff are really nice I was on the 18tu floor. Amazing views!!! Excellent location. Directly next to Trinity shopping centre and opposite the train station Really clean and modern

• Reviewed: 8 January 2019

Good location, clean, comfy, too bad about staff
    • Executive Double Room

Don’t trust staff with your credit or debit card - ours was compromised and transactions made on our card. Don’t trust this place anymore.

Good location, clean, comfy, too bad about staff

• Reviewed: 5 January 2019

SMASHING LOVELY GREAT 😁

Booked in February and I could have got the same cheaper nearer the time

Decided to go on the train and the hotel was literally over the road 😁 The staff were very friendly and welcoming, breakfast was splendid and the atmosphere was brilliant the staff in the restaurant could not do enough for us, everything was perfect and tasty. The room was nice and warm and the bed was comfy. We had a huge bath so treat ourselves to a Lush bath bomb and a pamper. Would definitely stay there again in fact we wouldn't stay anywhere else in Leeds now! 😁👍

• Reviewed: 4 January 2019

Staff were helpful, room was very clean and quiet.

Air con bit loud in the room.

Staff were helpful, room was very clean and quiet. Excellent location. Car park discount definitely a bonus especially as competitors didn't offer this.

• Reviewed: 4 January 2019

Bar staff were very nice
    • Executive Double Room

No on site parking Didn’t clean room until we requested No clean towels given No refills of coffee pods and biscuits Night staff on reception didn’t speak much English and didn’t handle our complaint properly

Bar staff were very nice Good location

The location of the property was good

The hotel was very over priced. Rooms were very small and very basic. There were not enough lifts to accommodate the hotel. The breakfast was very overpriced and basic. I usually stay in the Marriott hotel and I really wished I’d stayed there, there’s no comparison.

The location of the property was good

• Reviewed: 3 January 2019

Dreadful, will never stay again. Before this issue I had stayed Previous and it was good. Not now.
    • Executive Double Room

Issue with booking this went from bad to worse; when I a arrived I had to spend time showing my booking. Com email as the hotel wanted to charge me 120.00 rather than the 100 that had been agreed after the 80.00 stay price mix up. The staff didn’t respond to my disappointment. We got told we didn’t have been breakfast booked which we had to explain yet again and the bathroom stunk of blocked drains.

Nothing about the hotel the service and communication was poor.

• Reviewed: 3 January 2019

The room I stayed was comfortable and spacious.
    • Executive Double Room

Several things were not satisfactory. Firstly,the menu of in-room dining was not in my room. Secondly,I told the hotel that I accompany two children who are 8 and 5 but a baby bed was inside the room. Thirdly,when I ordered in-room dining, several cutleries were not served. But basically, I'm satisfied with this hotel.

The room I stayed was comfortable and spacious. Inside the room it was very clean.

• Reviewed: 1 January 2019

Great location!

Could do with a refurb in the rooms. Bed not comfortable AT ALL!! Paid for a superior double and got a standard double bed, which was like a put up/camp bed! Walls in the room are very thin - could hear the room next to us all night.

Great location!

• Reviewed: 30 December 2018

Very good location near enough centre to be accessible but...
    • Superior Twin Room

Very good location near enough centre to be accessible but not noisy or problem of wanting peace and quiet. Breakfast was lovely and very good value. Overall a very pleasant experience.

definitely will be back

layout for breakfast plates not near food has to ask if any bacon but staff brilliant

staff extremely friendly. room little dusty found previous people's property handed in.

• Reviewed: 30 December 2018

The location is perfect, right at the train station, and...

The bed was not comfortable and my partner and I barely got any sleep. The rooms are a bit outdated. They have the opportunity to be lovely, the bathrooms are decent, but could do with a spruce up. The rooms are very large which was a nice change for Leeds.

The location is perfect, right at the train station, and close to lots of parking. Bars and restaurants are just around the corner.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2018

Location and cost, clean and tidy and friendly and was able...

Bed wasn't too comfortable a bit too firm and the pillows were very lumpy and we didn't sleep to well due to this. Otherwise ok and the hotel is nice and perfect location. We've been before and had a much more comfortable experience.

Location and cost, clean and tidy and friendly and was able to check in earlier than stated.

• Reviewed: 28 December 2018

Sherban great boxing day night up fresh in the morning to go shopping that was ruined thanks partner

We stayed quite a few times at park Plaza always been very comfy great bad this time the bed was absolutely terrible did not sleep that night could not get comfy the bed was so soft space and gone shopping In Leeds that day we were too tired we went straight home receptionist was not bothered

• Reviewed: 27 December 2018

Despite the few problems i have mentioned we would stay in this hotel again.

We went to the hotel at 1 and the rooms were not ready - no problem with this as we knew the checking was at 2. We returned at 2.15 and we were disappointed that the rooms were still not ready. It took an hour for the room to be available for us. The staff were friendly about it and did apologise however it would have been nice if they offered complimentary drinks while we were waiting. The only other complaint was that the windows in the room were smeared with food and a child's hand prints. Maybe didn't have enough time to properly clean knowing we were waiting for the room.

Lovely hotel and very central to where we wanted to visit. The rooms we booked where extremely spacious and had amazing views over the city centre. Good facilities in the room including tea, coffee, fridge, hairdryer, iron and ironing board .Lovely breakfast and good value for money.

• Reviewed: 26 December 2018

A very nice stay
    • Superior Twin Room

The hotel is a lovely hotel me and my wife enjoyed our stay . The staff was brilliant nothing too much trouble. Thank you yours sincerely Stuart Leake.

• Reviewed: 24 December 2018

Lovely hotel room and great location!

The lifts were a joke , at times took up to 10 minutes waiting for a lift which is not ideal when your on the 15th floor and trying to climb those stairs after a drink is not ideal. Apart from this though brilliant stay.

Lovely hotel room and great location!

Great trip!
    • Executive Double Room

could do with an extra light or 2 in the room... but hotel was great, staff were friendly. Breaky was good and my children loved the whole experience. Close to amenities too.

Awesome
    • Superior Twin Room

The bed was so comfy. It was the king bed and exceeded my expectations. The sofa bed was double as well. The city views were amazing. Would book park plaza hotel again! Only gym and swimming pool / sauna room needed to compliment everything. I keep fit every day and waking up to a gym at park plaza would be a great bonus!

• Reviewed: 23 December 2018

Bad pillows, bad nights sleep. Good view.

The bed was really uncomfortable. So bad that I had neck ache the next day, something I never normally experience. After one night in my own bed my next was back to normal. I expect good hotels to have good pillows. This one didn’t.

The location is great. The view is amazing

• Reviewed: 21 December 2018

Overcharged but still enjoyed.

Uncomfortable bed and we were charged £26 more on the day than the booking I had on booking.com. I had booked for £99 and got charged £125 when checking in!

Good view of Leeds from our tenth floor room, the breakfast we received was fantastic too!

• Reviewed: 20 December 2018

Good for location. Very poor on service

Service was shocking at reception and at bar. There was no staff about even at peak times. And when they did appear at bar you were ignored. Very poor customer service

Easy location to centre

• Reviewed: 19 December 2018

Excellent staff, huge comfortable bed, great view, and...

The bathroom door had a large gap under it which meant that it wasn't soundproof. I'm glad I was alone rather than on a romantic break for two!

Excellent staff, huge comfortable bed, great view, and brilliant location.

• Reviewed: 19 December 2018

Fantastic location, brilliant staff, clean spacious room.

Me and my partner, stayed on the 17th floor and the view was beautiful. Bed was comfy, everything was clean, room was lovely. Would definitely recommend.

• Reviewed: 18 December 2018

Lovely room and location but breakfast terrible
    • Superior Twin Room

Breakfast - Was advised breakfast would be £10 if booked 24 hours in advance. So I did. When it arrived by room service, they charged me the full price. Half of the breakfast was missing and was advised it had been given to another room by mistake. I had to call and chase as it was stone cold and so was the drink. I called to advise as I couldn't eat any of it and to query the price. I was told the Manager would call me back. I'm still waiting for the call 3 days later.....Not good at all for just under £20 :(

Room and view

Overnight for Graduation Ceremony
    • Executive Triple Room

Booked this room as a triple for 3 adults, once the sofa bed we had to climb over it to get to the main bed so overall very cramped. Overall feel of the hotel is Travelodge/Premier Inn but cheap compared to other hotels in similar location.

Cheap hotel very close to station and central Leeds

just average
    • Superior Twin Room

I organised a group booking and pre paid but on the day when guests arrived they were asked to pay. It was awkward as this was a christmas treat and we didnt want staff to have to pay. We sorted it out in the end but put us off coming back.

just average

• Reviewed: 17 December 2018

The location was Perfect.
    • Superior Twin Room

The bathroom door was made of glass and me and my friend booked so a bit akward and bathroom was also comparatively bit small

The location was Perfect..the room was big enough and facilities were good

• Reviewed: 17 December 2018

Perfect city centre location.
    • Executive Triple Room

Not one mirror in the bedroom!! Party of 3 girls so only bathroom mirror available. Only 2 spare plugs not enough TV didn’t work so had to wait for manager £189 for one night no breakfast. Room was meant to be executive. Not good value for money. Very bland and boring room for that price. Overrated.

Perfect city centre location. Nice Elemis Toiletries

Poor conditions,
    • Executive Triple Room

Poor conditions, Room wasn’t clean. I’ve stayed in budget hotels that would knock spots of this place. No parking, had to park a good walk away and also pay for the parking my self. Would never recommend to anyone.

• Reviewed: 17 December 2018

Very shabby but good staff and breakast
    • Superior Twin Room

The room was very shabby and a smell of drains in the bathroom not even a biscuit on the tea tray

The checkin staff were very good and the breakfast was good even had poached egg's brought to the table

• Reviewed: 17 December 2018

Central Location was perfect.
    • Executive Double Room

There was an overpowering air freshener in use throughout the lobby and reception.

Central Location was perfect. Unfortunately it was a very brief visit and I didn't have enough time to really enjoy all the facilities

• Reviewed: 16 December 2018

Huge room, exceeded my expectation and a very luxurious...

Price was a little high, but this was to be expected around Christmas

Huge room, exceeded my expectation and a very luxurious bathroom. Stunning views from the room

• Reviewed: 14 December 2018

Centrally located, stylish hotel with poor WiFi connection

The WiFi connection kept dropping and my key card didn’t work half the time. The may also wish to think about the number of lifts available.

Very central location opposite the train station and adjacent to shopping centre

• Reviewed: 13 December 2018

The Staff were very helpful and the view from the window was...
    • Executive Double Room

The beds weren't very comfortable, especially the sofa bed my daughter slept in. There were a few problems- the bathroom sink was leaking and the towels underneath were soaking. We were offered a different room but it was late and my daughter was asleep so we didn't want to disturb her. There were bulbs not working and the tv remote back was off and the batteries were running out which meant it only worked intermittently.

The Staff were very helpful and the view from the window was amazing. The hotel was situated in an ideal place for our needs.

• Reviewed: 12 December 2018

Good location quiet and clean
    • Executive Triple Room

Lack of parking and not clear on booking.com that it’s a complicated 1 way system to get to a car park or how much it costs

Good location quiet and clean

• Reviewed: 11 December 2018

Short and sweet.
    • Superior Twin Room

My only criticism was the unsealed, see-through bathroom door. I don't know who thought that this was a good idea but it's awkward to hear your mates bowls and see their hunched silhouette. I am glad it was my pal rather than a new girlfriend, colleague or a family member.

Clean, smart room, charming staff, I regret not using the breakfast area as it was better than any breakfast restaurant around us, the location was perfect, great for the train station and great for bars.

• Reviewed: 11 December 2018

Was pretty
    • Executive Double Room

The door man on the night time not letting my friends boyfriend come stand in the entrance for 10 mins whilst he waited for his taxi and wanted him to stand in the freezing cold and rain

Was pretty

• Reviewed: 9 December 2018

We really enjoyed the Chino Latino restaurant for an Asian...

We really enjoyed the Chino Latino restaurant for an Asian fusion experience. Everything was freshly cooked and served hot. Staff were welcoming and friendly.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2018

Comfortable better than average city centre hotel

The fact that there is nowhere to park. Appreciate this is difficult for city centres, but it would be nice if they had an arrangement for a reduced price to park at more than one nearby car park. The one they had an arrangement with was not accessible due to road closures (not the fault of the hotel admittedly) but it would have been helpful to have had another choice. Parking in Leeds city centre is pretty expensive.

This is a nice, comfortable city centre hotel. Not upmarket, but not at the cheaper end of the market. The buffet breakfast was very good, the quality of the food better than average, and liked the fact that eggs could be ordered freshly cooked and served.

• Reviewed: 9 December 2018

Not a good value for the moneys, too expensive vs what it offered.

Restaurant poor slow service, waiting long for meal . Over cooked pasta Asian too sweet. Not enough sugar in room and only decaf coffee . At arrival there is image of sauna but the gym doesn’t have it. It is misleading. Too cold in the gym. Bad smell in room like a kitchen.

Cocktail were good at restaurant

• Reviewed: 8 December 2018

Big rooms but not work the money

Head board varnish come off all Over my husbands head black not that clean for the price we paid.room could do with a paint and decent upkeep

Room big and bath big Breakfast nice

• Reviewed: 6 December 2018

Bed comfortable but cold bathroom, no hot water in the

The bathroom was really cold. There was no hot water at 10 pm There was no socket by a mirror in the bedroom for me to curl my hair and the one in the bathroom was for shavers only.

The bed was comfortable.

• Reviewed: 6 December 2018

Great location and comfortable, clean rooms.
    • Executive Triple Room

One of our rooms wasn't available at 3pm and we had to keep chasing and it wasn't ready until nearly 5pm. They did compensate us with free drinks which was good!

Great location and comfortable, clean rooms.

• Reviewed: 4 December 2018

Great location an easy walk from train station even with luggage & the rain!
    • Superior Twin Room

Great location an easy walk from train station even with luggage. Fab breakfast. We decided to eat in the hotel restraint due to the poor weather - couldn't fault the food or the service

• Reviewed: 4 December 2018

Location was good

Rooms were tired and in need of a serious revamp linen was old and tired also ,beds were uncomfortable and noisy when you turn over , reception desks looked worn and shabby very disapointed indeed

Location was good

• Reviewed: 3 December 2018

4.5
    Awful.
    • Executive Double Room

We paid for an exec double and got no robes, no slippers, and one coffee pod between 2 people:(( No nibbles, eg; crisps, nuts, biscuits etc. An empty fridge, cracked glass in bathroom. 2 beds pushed together to make a double!! That is so bad! Dirty dressing mirror. The list is endless :( Terrible check in queue. Bemused bar staff who had no idea about the cocktail menu. Noisy bar downstairs and very noisy and smelly restaurant bar upstairs with a rude man in charge of speed dating. £137.60 for this?? For ONE night???? Really?!? Never coming back, EVER!! Feel free to look at the photos of an empty fridge, empty wardrobe, and beds pushed together, etc etc.........

Great view, that’s all.

• Reviewed: 3 December 2018

Wouldn’t stay here again. Very disappointed.

Staff were unsympathetic to issues. For the price I paid, I did expect better service And when I raised issues, they seemed like they couldn’t care less.

Unfortunately not worth the money. The wardrobe smelt, the mirror was broken and I had to ask to get a light fixed multiple times. Staff were not unpleasant but also not very welcoming or helpful. Would not stay here again.

• Reviewed: 1 December 2018

very good location but needs an upgrade

The room was looking a bit jaded. I found the decor rather cold with dark furniture and little added colour apart from the carpet. It was perfectly comfortable just not cosy. The furniture was chipped in places and the carpet was stained. Not awful but in need of a little tlc. The restaurant was the same. I personally don't find black tables and red plastic chairs very inviting.

Large room with a good view of Leeds. The bed was comfortable and the bathroom was a decent size with a good shower. The staff were friendly and helpful. The location was great for me as it is very close to the train station and the office where I was working. A decent choice of food at breakfast. I didn't eat in the restaurant in the evening. There are loads of places to eat within a few minutes walk. Housekeeping was very good with toiletries etc refreshed every day.

• Reviewed: 29 November 2018

Leeds: Good gym in a hotel

TV did not work but wi-fi was good.

Really good hotel gym, good machines and free weights. Really close to train station and city centre. Stayed on 19th floor so awesome views over Leeds.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2018

Verh lovely staff!! The best hotel and friendliest in Leeds!

The staff are amazing a special thanks to Ryan on reception for dealing with my party booking query thanks so much Ryan and to the sales team Danny who was amazing too in helping me... Thanks so much and the nurse's in our team at the LGI will love to see you all in February for the buffet your planning for us all to attend for exchange of our christmas party x Have a lovely Christmas all of you Dawn B

• Reviewed: 27 November 2018

Room was on a corner so we got two aspects of the city,...

All good

Room was on a corner so we got two aspects of the city, great size room one of the biggest we've had . Two mins from the train station right amongst all amenities .

• Reviewed: 26 November 2018

Over priced and very basic

For £185 the facilities were sub standard. Not even a mini bar or bottle of water. Had to order them from room service and couldn’t put on the room bill! Absolute joke! Ridiculously over priced!

• Reviewed: 26 November 2018

Great location, staff really friendly especially the member...

The bed was very uncomfortable, need a new one ASAP.

Great location, staff really friendly especially the member of the team on the bar Sat late. Really clean and tidy.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2018

booking in a night mare but after that very good stay
    • Superior Twin Room

the booking in was a bit of a night mare due to booking .com saying I had cancelled the booking, but the staff were very help full, the beds in our room were fab. the dinning area was first class and the staff were first rate , thanks for the help

Park plaza

The restaurant and bar had no heating and was not pleasant to have a meal when it was so cold.

Staff were helpful and the restaurant was excellent. Particularly Jamila in the restaurant on Saturday night

• Executive Double Room

Room not ready at check in. Really slow service. Staff on check in were rude. Noisy guests in rooms next door not managed by staff after complaints. Horrible breakfast. Far too expensive and too big of a chain to excuse all the bad points. Better places to stay in Leeds. Avoid.

not really a 4 star experience

Plug in sink did not work tap dripped and bowl nearly overflowed. Room tired and very dark. Curtains grubby. Feels as if you're having breakfast in a nightclub-stewed tea served from a vacuum flask-although when I asked for a fresh pot the staff were happy to oblige with a smile-woman running restaurant at dinner was very friendly and helpful-sushi was amazing

The staff were fantastic. very welcoming-sorted out my tv which was not working. Bed comfy.

Very nice

As the bed was made up of two single beds which meant that they seperated and we kept falling down the middle.

Room was large with great facilities and very clean. Lovely bar area with friendly receptionist.

• Reviewed: 25 November 2018

Reception lady from Thailand.

Breakfast staff but miserable and very slow. Waited at least 10 mins for a coffee.

Reception lady from Thailand. Lovely and helpful. Always chatty and welcoming.

• Reviewed: 25 November 2018

Ideal location for centre.

Breakfast service was chaos. Arrived at 9:30 - no seats. Several requests for coffee, nobody seemed to want to be on this job.

Ideal location for centre.

• Reviewed: 25 November 2018

Room ok breakfast very poor
    • Executive Triple Room

Staff at breakfast. Had to ask for cutlery twice. Food was cold and unappetising. Tea and coffee terrible. Had to ask for it twice. Didn't get offered second cup. Table was dirty.

Reception staff ALL very good

• Reviewed: 25 November 2018

Ask not to be put in a disable room only to be put in one after confirmation from plaza we wouldn’ p
    • Superior Twin Room

This was our 5th time staying at this hotel and we were very disappointed we are a party of 8 and have spent a massive amount of money staying at this hotel over the 5years

• Reviewed: 24 November 2018

Good value and well situated.

I did wake up in the night feeling slightly cold. Sometimes the WiFi was a little bit gutless.

Comfortable and good hotel close to downtown city centre Leeds and I have stayed there before.

• Reviewed: 23 November 2018

Ideal location for shopping, sightseeing or business

Lovely room - I had a superior double as was at a good rate. There was a few little extras a Nespresso machine a large TV with sky a huge comfortable bed, Breakfast is great with a huge selection.

• Reviewed: 19 November 2018

A lovely weekend but simple improvements in service would have enhanced our experience.
    • Executive Triple Room

This is my second visit to a room acoommodating 3 but each time there has only been towels pillows toiletries drinks for 2 not 3. It took 3 attempts and 2 visits to reception to sort out a simple request. Staff could also have been more friendly on reception and the cocktail bar.

Good location for our needs. Good taxi service available. Room v quiet.

Showing 1 – 75

We Price Match
We Price Match
Low rates • No booking fees • Find cheaper? We'll refund the difference!