Reviews of Parkway Hotel & Spa 4 stars

Cwmbran Drive, Newport, NP44 3UW, United Kingdom

#8 of 27 hotels in Newport

• Deluxe Double Room

I like to eat carefully - so menu would benefit from a salad option (or a low calorie option) for both bar and restaurant. :)

Bed was comfortable, room was well furnished and comfortable.

• Deluxe Double Room

Room unbearable, far too hot; not enough ventilation, no air con. Curtains open and sun shining through glass

Location, beautiful gardens, clean hotel, bar and restaurant but didn’t use these as meeting family elsewhere.

• Deluxe Double Room

The room particularly we stayed in was very hot with no fan nor air conditioning.

Everything was lovely and so relaxing and comfortable and wonderfull facility.

• Deluxe Double Room

A bit less soap in the jacuzzi and pressure from jets was a bit rough.

Very pleasant and helpful staff. Lovely room and views over the lawn. Very nice bed. Enjoyed the pool.

Having to come home!

Our second time to visit The Parkway. It is SO convenient, just off the M$, a few miles from Cwmbran, and the facilities are GREAT!

• Deluxe Double Room

The food in this hotel lets it down very badly. Poor overall choice, made up of cheap ingredients badly cooked, kept and presented, both in the bar area where I ate in the evening, and for the breakfast the following day. I had initially thought my husband and I could make this a base for touring South Wales for a week, but having encountered the food, decided to look elsewhere. A shame really, as the rest of the experience was good.

A comfy bed in a spacious, super clean room and bathroom, lots of public space and in lovely grounds

Nothing to dislike

This hotel is fantastic for someone travelling alone and that is due to the wonderful staff who are so friendly. Nothing was too much trouble (including the girls from room service helping me look for my car keys) and everyone had a smile on their face and had a welcoming greeting. The pool and spa are the highlight with plenty of sun loungers around the pool to relax and gave a drink or bite to eat. The bar area is spacious with a wide selection on the menu. The custard slice was out of this world and like the rest of the food reasonably priced. Again all served by friendly staff who although busy took the time to chat. I really cannot fault this hotel and would definitely recommend it to anyone.

• Suite with Garden View

Got to the hotel at 8:30pm so why the rush to get us out at 11am! a bit of common sense need there.

Put the Breakfast sign on the door (around midnight)... still no Breakfast.

• Deluxe Double Room

We have stayed at the Parkway quiet a few times now and find the hotel and spa far exceed many others we have stayed in. The spa not only accomadates those of us that like to swim etc but also those such as my partner who do not as there is a small sandwhich bar at the side of the pool area where he is able to enjoy a coffee and sandwich, relax and read the paper without having to go to another part of the hotel. The hotel offers excellent customer service, nothing is too much trouble. There is the offer of formal dining and relaxed bar food, both of an excellent standard. The rooms although not large are comfortable, clean and the bathroom contains a lovely shower.

• Deluxe Double Room

The hotel did not notify us they would take an additional deposit which will take up to 5 working days to be returned to your bank. This has given me a very bad impression of the hotel. There was also no A/C and the rooms were stifling.

• Deluxe Double Room

There is no air conditioning in the room and as the temperature was warm and humid my partner and I did not sleep well even with the window open and a (noisy) fan on. In the morning the breakfast area was equally warm to the point of being uncomfortable. The wifi was poor and we both gave up trying to connect in our room although we did not try the lounge area. The worst part was being charged £14.95 for a rather insipid extra breakfast for my daughter whom had stayed with our relatives. I stay in many hotels every month for my business and I can honestly say that the cooked options were some of the worse I have tried. The eggs were over salty, the sausages tasted of nothing, the mushrooms had no flavour, greasy fried bread cooked in a deep fat fryer (why do kitchens do this) and black pudding that was just black but without flavour. Poor quality, poorly cooked, and overpriced. However, the continental option and fresh fruit etc was good and the coffee was reasonable. Disappointing that this let down what could have been a very good score.

Spa facilities were good and the hotel has an imposing and comfortable bar and foyer area. The staff were all friendly and the room was clean with reasonable facilities - the short story book was a nice touch. Check in and check out were hassle free and welcoming and I would consider staying again if there were improvements in the food and wifi etc as the hotel is conveniently placed with good staff and a spa.

• Deluxe Double Room

Room was really humid, window did not open enough to get fresh air in. Asked reception for a fan and a small portable heater was delivered! Eventually had 2 mini heaters delivered but hardly affected room temp. Dried blood was found on the bedsheets which clearly had not been changed since the previous guests.

Comfy bed, good service from staff, nice breakfast.

• Deluxe Double Room

Bedroom walls are paper thin and can hear the person next door speaking. Doors not on springs - wakes you up when they slam in the middle of the night

Swimming pool Bar area

Rooms are tidier than the common parts which are quite dated. Rooms are small but well equipped and clean. Telly is low down in the room which means it is difficult to watch in bed.

• Deluxe Twin Room

I requested free wi fi on booking the hotel on line....but the code wasn't offered on checking in.and the information in my room said ask at reception ....I had forgotten too...could the code not be put on the key card holder?..Not a huge complaint but annoying...

Excellent hotel.....staff are polite and curtious....Good choice of breakfast food..

• Deluxe Twin Room

We did not intend to overstay our welcome and genuinely did not realise checkout was 10am. Lots of other guest info in the room but not that little nugget. There was opportunity for reception to ask the breakfast staff to gently remind us, this was missed. The receptionist was frosty from the moment we approached the desk to checkout at 10.40. No opportunity was given for us to apologize for our error (still unknown at that time) by a gentle reminder. When I questioned that an additional £50 had been taken out of my bank account I was told "Its in the terms and conditions as per the e-mail you would have received"! This phrase was repeated three times in all. Actually - the e-mail says AN AMOUNT, not £50.00, not that it will be held for 3 working days. There was no "how was your stay", "Was everything to your expectations" etc etc. I work in housekeeping at one of the best hotels in West Wales and I would expect to be sacked on the spot if I dealt with a guest in that manner. Now finding myself £50 short I had to borrow said amount from my daughters. I had planned to pay £38 to stay at IBIS but as we were tired of travelling I paid £90 to you with the view of staying the whole day, enjoying the surroundings, the cafe food and relaxing atmostphere. After Mrs Frosty had done her worst - I do hope it was her worst - we could not get out of there fast enough. We found Cardiff Bay to be very inviting, friendly and well priced and there we spent our last £50.00 PS just a note that our evening meal was a let down but not enough to complain at the time - but as I am here - the chips were bland and the onion rings and Chicken Goujons could have the grease rung out of them. Needless to add we shall not be back. Interestingly since our stay I have been informed you are reknowned for your unfriendly staff..................shame I didn't know this beforehand.

Beds were very comfortable and ample toiletries in the bathroom. Housekeeping did a wonderful job and were friendly in the morning. Breakfast staff were very friendly, helpful and we had a laugh, so very approachable.

The hot tub in the spa made our eyes smart as there was so much chlorine in it. Our party of 14 all mentioned stinging eyes....

Spotlessly clean bedroom

• Deluxe Double Room

Nothing I didn't like could of done with air con in the bedroom not used to all this sunshine we are having :)

Breakfast was beautifully presented staff lovely

• Deluxe Double Room

Pillows, felt like they had been washed and dried as uncomfortable lumps, so to speak. Husbands porridge was not very nice this time.

Have been before, like that they provide flannels in bathroom. Like having the choice of being able to swim and use spa facilities. The breakfast offered is a good variety, poached eggs obviously go firm as left under warm lamp, on the whole cannot really complain.

• Deluxe Twin Room

The food service was really slow We ate in the bar lounge two nights and in the main restaurant the third - which was very poor. Drinks took ages, wine was warm and taken away to put on ice ... 30 mins later it still hadn’t come back. One main meal went back as not cooked.

Rooms and pool

• Deluxe Twin Room

More loungers needed as they were always taken as there wasn't many.

Hotel was amazing, staff friendly and helpful, room was clean and comfortable, facilities very up to date and food was excellent.

• Deluxe Double Room

Toilet did not work and leaked into the bathroom Central heating on in room on hottest day of the year to date. Breakfast over cooked and a lack of quality fruit, butter warm ( was a hot day but no one realised!!! ) ordered a newspaper, they forgot !!

• Deluxe Double Room

The food in the restaurant was disgraceful. We had the carvery and the roast potatoes were inedible and the meat which i had was the beef was also inedible. Plus if you walk 10 feet to your left the same meal is 7 pound cheaper. Loved everything else but was totally let down by the meal so much so we dint eat on the saturday in the restaurant. Hot lights work ok for some products but roasties are a no no.

All was good except food.

• Deluxe Double Room

At breakfast staff weren't really paying attention when asking people.for hot drinks. I has to go get my own even though they had served my husband. ALso I seen hair in the fruit bowls. Not good. Hair should be up and out the way.

Night porter friendly. Helpful and the use of the facilities were amence. Room was lovely.

• Deluxe Twin Room

That the receptionist had‘nt given us any introduction. The cleaningness of our room could have been bette: per example: shower, the floor wasn‘t vacumed, the windows were difficult to close- we were lockated at the basement; the sauna and the steaming room were well worn.

the position, the pool and the resteraunt.

• Deluxe Double Room

Sheets on the bed were a bit stiff and paper like, made noise.

The sausages for breakfast were the best, could I find out where they get them from. Also afternoon Tea very good.

• Deluxe Double Room

Breakfast was nice choices but lots of dishes ran out. They appeared short staffed (5) so things were not replenished. No one cleared our table so when we came back with cooked we have to pile our own dishes and plates. No coffee or tea too up offered. All staff glum and looked unhappy which I noted throughout the stay. No one smiled !

Bedrooms couldn’t fault comfortable clean and as expected Hotel itself very nice and spacious Pool Area good and clean and the conservatory going onto patio was lovely Spa treatment was very poor value at £35 for hot stone massage and stones were too hot to handle so spent more time on a towel cooling down than on my back and the treatment was shortened and not good in my opinion she wasn’t that experienced One or two staff around pool area were exceptionally helpful. The rest including reception staff were glum and unhelpful. One even trying to serve me at reception when I went over from behind a glass panel by raising her eyebrows and saying “yes?” I found this a surprise. Very little hotel info when I checked in so when I went to spa and couldn’t get in and no reply to knocking I went back to reception to be told (as if everyone should know this ) that I must swap room key for spa key. Why would that not be mentioned at check in ?!! Food on sat night was ok. Tables very close so our table of 3 was very close to next table of 2. So much so we felt like a party of 5. Plenty of staff but carvery staff were quite off hand. Ie I had turkey and so did three people before me. He offered them all meat ? Seasoning (stuffing)? Yorkshire ? Crackling? I wasn’t offered crackling and asked and was told it’s supposed to be just for the pork - I was given a piece with great reluctance.

• Deluxe Double Room

More toast for the continental breakfast! We could only have the continental breakfast as the full breakfast was too late for us to get to the marathon start line. We had a tick list of things we wanted, which was a great selection but then only 1 slice of toast came with, ham, cheese and marmalade.....would have been nice for a bit more.

This hotel had lovely grounds to walk around. Plenty of places to sit to enjoy the entertainment and have a drink watching the world go by. The leisure facilities were absolutely perfect and made for a very relaxing day just before setting out to run the marathon. Staff very helpful in booking a taxi for us to get us to the start line in time for the race.

• Suite with Garden View

No negative points to us as a family of all ages.

Found the whole experience relaxing, staff were very helpful with entertainment at night that was very enjoyable to finish the day off. We have stayed here a few times and will do again in the future. No reason for us as a family to look to stay anywhere else as it meets all our needs.

• Deluxe Double Room

Only thing was we arrived late at night 11pm and we ordered a cheese sandwich as we were hungry and had been travelling for 5 hours it cost us £10.50 for 1 sandwich with a little side salad which was very expensive, other than that no complaints.

The staff were extremely helpful and couldnt do enough for us, hotel was beautiful, we had gone down for a family funeral amd the staff went out of there way to accomodate us. All round beautiful hotel couldnt fault it.

• Deluxe Double Room

Thankfully we went to the spa before a bus load of school kids came in and managed to have a peaceful moment. They removed our towels taking our locker keys but thankfully the staff helped us unlock our lockers.

Our room ‘ the brecon suite’ was lovely, spacious and clean. A lovely surprise

• Deluxe Twin Room

The bathroom radiator was too near the door and very hot.

The staff were friendly and helpful. The location was ideal. Plenty of space to park. The food was good. It was really good value. Hope to stay here again when we visit the area.

• Deluxe Double Room

It’s a shame they couldn’t offer a late check out service. I was staying at the hotel as I was running the marathon the next day, so would have liked a room to shower in after. The receptionist said they do not offer a late check out service so I would have to pay £70 for another night. I ended up using the faculties at another hotel.

Room was decent size, bed was comfy, bath/shower clean and powerful.

Nothing. Everything was great

Love the sausages at breakfast and the massive bed in our room. Love the friendly atmosphere and always feel relaxed when we stay.

• Deluxe Double Room

Top marks for this exceptionally well run hotel!!

Loved the ambience of the hotel. One of the best hotels we've stayed at. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The rooms were really well propotione and the beds were so comfortable. The entertainment was very professional and easy to listen to. We can't wait to return!!@

• Deluxe Double Room

We where put in a room next to reception which was the noisiest experience we have ever had. We listened to doors slamming all night, people screaming down corridors all night. Breakfast was awful hot food was dry and over cook. The fruit on the continental bar was dry and looked days old. The reception staff on check out on Sunday morning where rude and unhelpful. We picked this hotel as it looked amazing but we where very very disappointed.

The bar staff on Saturday afternoon where fantastic.

• Deluxe Double Room

Despite a rather direct receptionist on arrival asking us straight away how we were paying as this had to be done straight away, which took me back a bit as I’d never encountered that before! the rest of the staff made up for it such friendly lovely people! Relaxing bar area much nicer than a soleless modern hotel! Lovely breakfast and again excellent service. We were a party of 8 family members of different ages and we all very much enjoyed this hotel.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Tables a bit squashed for 2 people a bit like playing chess manoeuvring items around the table to fit , when the restaurant is half empty why do they insist on putting 2 people on a tiny table when they have many free tables

The staff are so friendly and the food is lovely

• Deluxe Double Room

A few newspapers in the lounge area would have been nice to have something to browse.

A really nice hotel - great comfy rooms, spotlessly clean with all the amenities you would want, friendly and helpful staff, and a massive lounge area to relax in with sofas and an open fire. I was too busy to have a chance to visit the spa and pool, but it looked nice. Breakfast was fantastic. The wedding reception that I attended there seemed very well organised.

• Deluxe Double Room

There were 2 weddings at the same time in the hotel. We could hear the music in the night, and all around of our room there were the guests and the bride's room, and they were chatting in the corridor in front of our room in the night. The hotel should have inform us earlier, or propose to us another room farther of the events...

Very confortable room, very kind staff, very good wellness. Everything is excellent in the hotel.

• Deluxe Double Room

There extractor fan didn’t work in the bathroom meaning that we had to keep the door shut as it caused the fire alarm to go off. This caused several interruptions by staff attempting to stop the fire alarm going off. We were advised by staff that this would be solved when we went out however to no avail. My partner suffers with asthma meaning when we kept the door shut he makes his chest bad. The gym in the spa did not have enough equipment to satisfy our needs

It was a lovely hotel. Staff were friendly, breakfast was amazing. Pool was fantastic.

• Deluxe Double Room

The small room size, phone in room not working, V early check out time, being woken up, initial grumpy response from reception staff

The room was small and check out was 10am! I was really tired and housekeeping purposely woke guests up at 8.30am. There was no way to even pay for a later check out. As this was a treat for myself after an I credibly difficult 3 week trip - I was very disappointed by the choice I'd made. For a similar price I could have stayed in a far more accommodating & comfortable hotel.

• Deluxe Double Room

Spa is very tired looking and although a range of coffee was advertised poolside only instant coffee was available. Too much chemical in the jacuzzi?

Decor was lovely, staff amazingly friendly and accommodating, bed was just right.

• Deluxe Double Room

It wasn’t very exclusive as other spas as I’ve been too, there were a lot of people from outside just having lunch/drinks/swim. The lady’s at reception didn’t really have much time for us when we were checking in so it took us a good hour to go back and ask everything they had forgot to tell us. The photos completely cat fished us, not as it seemed.

The best part of it was the breakfast in bed.

• Deluxe Double Room

Receptionist was not very welcoming. Deluxe room was not very deluxe, tv was small and in a poor position needs to be wall mounted, some of the lights did not work, decor very old fashioned, no mini bar.

The pools and beds were great breakfast was good

• Deluxe Double Room

We booked a meal in the restaurant for 9pm. At 10.40 the lady with blonde hair and bun who was working the Friday evening didn't give us great service and as we were the only ones left in the restaurant she was laying the other tables for breakfast. She brought us the bill without us asking for it and we felt rushed. Myself and 3 other colleagues had worked long hours for the previous 2 days on a shop refit and we were just chilling and chatting. Felt like we were being kicked out.

Very cosy, homely feeling. Good atmosphere and really enjoyed the stay

• Deluxe Double Room

The room seemed very warm, the radiator was blasting when we got in there, but even when we found the heating control it just seemed like it couldn't cool down! I will say it was bearable and this is me really picking at our stay to find a negative.

Before our stay even started the hotel were more than happy to help with an issue we had with our booking (along with Booking.com) and something that could have potentially ended with us cancelling our trip was sorted out quickly and easily due to the helpful attitude of the staff. Check in was very easy and the staff were really friendly. The location was brilliant and it was very easy for us to get into Newport, the hotel seems to have a good relationship with the local taxi firms which was a huge help! The food was good, and breakfast had a good variety of choice. WiFi was strong which was a bonus!

• Penthouse Suite

We only spent one night at the hotel but there was nothing not to like in the short time we was there the staff were very friendly and brilliant even when sitting in the bar at 2am they were nothing but helpfully.

Everything would definately book again in the future.

• Deluxe Twin Room

I cant write two or three sentences as i have nothing to complain about.

Very simply we loved everything. From beging to end it was marvellous. The staff were always helpful and went above and beyond to ensure you had a pleasant stay.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Toilet equipment is not to the standard of a 4Star. Was 7minutes late for breakfast. Some toast & drink could have been offered instead of being turned away, outrightly, given it was paid for.

Great for Green space,lounging space,Comfortable rooms and Good range of facilities for relaxation.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Superb service in all areas of the hotel. Staff were very friendly and appeared happy in their work. The hotel felt spacious and well-managed. The spa facilities were fab to relax in after a long journey. Fantastic breakfast! Overall, my daughter and I had a very pleasant stay and were made to feel very welcome.

• Deluxe Double Room

When we checked in we were given our key and as we were attempting to open our room a couple who were already checked into that room asked why we were trying to get into their room. It transpired that the people at reception mixed our rooms up. Very embarrassing however the staff at reception didn’t see it as much of an issue. We did!

The breakfast was very good

• Deluxe Double Room

Bar meals. No air conditioning.

I always stay here when visiting this part of Wales on frequent business trips and have always been pleased. However in the heat of the summer i stay elsewhere as the rooms are not air conditioned and the windows only open a couple of inches. Rooms are very comfortable, clean and well appointed. Breakfast is very good but i find the bar meals just OK say 6/10 so I dont bother and have a M&S pasta dish or similar in my room. Shame! . I cant comment on the restaurant as ive never used it.

• Deluxe Twin Room

The Hot tub had to be closed while we were in it there for safety reasons (chlorine levels too high) A shame but glad they check the chlorine levels regularly

Love evening meal and breakfast

• Deluxe Double Room

overall decor a bit dated and faded - could do with a refresh heating a bit OTT - but then found the window i could open!

bed was very comfortable fire win lounge fantastic

• Deluxe Double Room

The breakfast was exceptional and the variety and choice of food is of a high standard. There was live entertainment on the Friday which was unexpected and thoroughly enjoyable. The real fire gave a warm and inviting atmosphere to the hotel.

• Deluxe Double Room

staff unhelpful due to not informing us of having to leave a deposit if paying cash so we had to leave hotel travel 5 miles to the nearest bank to deposit funds whilst my husband had only been out of hospital for a week after suffering a heart attack ... also no tokens in the spa to leave your belongings and my husband has a very expensive insulin pump fitted to his body that needed to be left safe locked up which we could do .

food was lovely and room very clean

• Deluxe Twin Room

General attitude of the reception staff disappointing, no real welcome, no eye contact and apparently no interest. Did not reflect a 4 star operation. Also bar staff quite slow and unfriendly. Breakfast staff were very much better. I realise the hotel was very busy bit correct standards are important

Bed and room were very comfortable. The lounge, bar, dining room areas also very nice and comfortable

• Deluxe Double Room

The bedroom was a little hot at times, even when we put the temperature down it would still be hot.The bath was really small so it was difficult to relax in and even in the shower it was easy enough to slip. The hotel did provide room service but I feel like more could have been added for variety. Overall,the hotel exceeded our expectations but the room did not reach our expectations. Lastly, on our last day we got woken up by a fire alarm which were tests but we see not aware that these tests were going to happen.

The bed was really comfortable, the staff were kind, the facilities such as the swimming pool was the best part of our stay. The staff at the hotel were very attentive, kind and always offered help - the staff at the swimming facilities were incredible and sother were the house keeping.

• Deluxe Double Room

Disappointed with morning chef on 2 days very poor presentation. My wife had pancakes on 3 mornings first morning they looked & tasted beautiful but the other days they were undercooked & very poorly presented.

The whole experience was great

• Deluxe Double Room

WIFI very poor. The bar menu was okay, pretty much what I expected. With a little thought it could be so much better. What was really bad was the quality of the wine. Considering the mark up on wine ( £8 per glass, I can by better wine for £6 per bottle from the local supermarket). The quality was very poor. I had the Rioja which was bad, and then the Shiraz, which was equally as bad, if not worse. It was apparent that the hotel is trying to extract the most money for the least outlay. I travel to Newport on a regular basis. I am not sure I would stay there again.

Could selection for breakfast. I could not fault the breakfast.

• Deluxe Double Room

The room was extremely warm with no air conditiotioning. The lack of robes and slippers when using the spa facilities. Overpriced drinks in the bar.

The swimming pool was lovely - a nice size and relaxing to use throughout our stay.

• Deluxe Double Room

The room could of done with a good dusting..... and the heating was a little on the warm side throughout the whole hotel.

The food was delicious and plenty of choice to choose from. Very friendly and helpful staff.

Not a lot.

Excellent leisure facilities. Pool, steam room and jacuzzi wonderful. Very friendly and accommodating staff throughout. Lovely evening meal and breakfast. Good value - will be back.

• Deluxe Double Room

I had dinner at the restaurant and was a bit disappointed with the food. Not the best pillows either, full of lumps.

Room was good, atmosphere in general, pool and sauna.

There was a lot of effort made to do us vegan meals in the main restaurant, it would have been nice to have the nut roast offered with the roast, the meat eaters had 3 different meats offered, but nothing for veggies/vegans, sometimes even meat eaters like to have a meat free meal

The service was 5 star, we asked for soya milk for our room, it was delivered before the kettle had boiled, all the staff were great, the room was so quiete and comfy. Lovely fire in the lounge area. Can't wait to return

• Deluxe Double Room

We didnt have no dis likes at all it was all to our standered, amazing

The hotel was beautiful, our room was lovely and to a very high standered, the resturant was very clean and really outstanding couldnt put it a better way.

• Deluxe Double Room

So noisy!! Was supposed to be a relaxing night away. Was kept awake well into the early hours by other guests with TVs blaring and constant slamming doors And shouting. Was so tired didn’t bother to use any of the facilities we just had breakfast and left. Probably won’t visit again as the experience has put me off. Not the relaxing night away I had hoped for, would have had more sleep if I stayed at home .

Lovely clean and well maintained rooms staff were very helpful and polite.

• Deluxe Twin Room

We went as a Xmas party of 36 employees. The atmosphere was great, the entertainment was great and the food was fab. Everyone had a lovely evening. Thankyou

• Deluxe Double Room

The pillows were lumpy. The water from the sink kept dripping onto our clothes. The furniture was a bit dated.

The fireplace and the den with board games. The pool was nice.

• Deluxe Double Room

Too hot in the room despite trying to turn down with the dial. Bathroom was still a little dirty around the bath area and grouting. Cobweb floating on the fire alarm in the restaurant.

Possibly to introduce a token facility for pool lockers to clients staying at hotel, minor detail though! Plastic bag dispenser for wet swim wear?

Spacious reception and communal areas and parking. Good bedroom/ensuite. Hotel well maintained inside and its grounds. Which is why I chose a 4* grade hotel for my daughters and their husbands. Spa/pool was also a must for our vacation. Welcoming log fire and very well presented for the Christmas season

• Deluxe Double Room

Saute potatoes and fried bread very over cooked indeed. Staff not good at asking for tea/coffee preferences and not good at refilling.

Good range of food for breakfast

• Deluxe Double Room

Nothing I didn't like but find the carvery experience if you are eating in the bar quite odd!! The food was excellent though.

Lovely hotel. Very welcoming. All the staff are friendly. Lovely open fire on reception which goes through to the bar. Nice atmosphere. Good size clean rooms with comfortable beds and reliable wifi

• Deluxe Twin Room

Friendliness of the staff from morning till night they were more than helpful.

Friendliness of the staff from morning till night they were more than helpful.