Reviews of pentahotel Birmingham 4 stars

Ernest Street/ Holloway Head, Birmingham, B1 1NS, United Kingdom

#19 of 78 hotels in Birmingham

Extremely clean, very comfy and enjoyable stay...we'll be back!
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

The only criticism was that the check in area was not obvious as it was at the far end of the bar. As there were lots of people standing at/around the bar area enjoying a drink we saw lots of people arriving looking a bit blank and had to point them in the right direction! Perhaps some funky lettering saying 'check in' would help?

As soon as we walked into the hotel it just got better and better...my husband could not resist the pinball and he had to play every time we passed it! Even though the hotel was busy we could hardly hear any other guests. The bathroom was spotless and the walk in shower was fab! The decor was was pleasing and bed very comfy! We would definitely return!

Excellent!
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

No option of another pillow or alternative pillow.

The bed was really comfy, I loved the walk in shower. In walking distance of the train station. Friendly staff.

I wouldn’t go back
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

Rooms were a mish mash, not enough space for clothes, maid service VERY slow, we were out all day and the room wasn’t done when we returned. Bar staff automatically gave and charged for a large glass of wine without asking or it being requested. Parking £16 per 24hrs with limited spaces (10) when the NCP was only £6 but staff never told guests.

It was close to where iur conference was held

Great location reasonably priced
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

I’ve stayed here a few times and it’s a perfect location, 5 mins walk from the town centre and very reasonably priced, the bar area is great and the food good too, we watched the World Cup here!

The fact that the reception to the hotel is not clear when...
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

The fact that the reception to the hotel is not clear when you first walk into the bar, all guests including myself walked straight out thinking we were in the wrong place

Great weekend and very accomadating staff.
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

Absolutely perfect for what we required, close to town as we had a show to see at the Alex. Food basic but excellent good choice of Beers wines etc. Would definitely stay again. Very convenient for town and for a Saturday night well priced. underground parking was a great bonus.

Weekend trip

Nothing it was great!!

Great location. Lovely staff, warm and welcoming. We had a double room. Beds were very comfortable. Bathroom and shower facilities were top class. Had some food before heading out which were fantastic. I’d book again great value for money.

highly recommended for anyone looking for a place to stay in Birmingham
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

It's not quite their faults, but the staff were often too busy to pick up my drink/coffee order.

Almost everything! The staff were friendly and the place was very cozy and chic. :-)

A great relaxing stay, perfect location, highly recommend
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

Nothing I didn't like and will be staying again!

Loved it, very modern relaxed and a great vibe to the place. Staff were very helpful and pleasant and food and drink all very nice. Room,beds comfortable and the air con temp was perfect!

Short and sweet
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

Two of us in room and only one bottle of water - not the end of the world but would have been nice

Air conditioning as it was so hot! Glad it worked so well

Recommended.
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

I stay over in Birmingham a lot and do love a breakfast in the morning but £15 each is too expensive. Other hotels in the area average £9 for all you can eat buffet and local cafes do a lovely full English for as little £6. Would have rounded our stay off better having breakfast on site but £30 for 2 people is unjustified.

Friendly staff. Accommodation spotless with a happy atmosphere. The room was hot because of the nice weather and the hotel staff kindly brought up a fan.

After booking online and reading reviews, I had high hopes...
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

After booking online and reading reviews, I had high hopes for this hotel. As soon as I walked in to our allocated room, the high hopes were soon quashed. Our room temperature read 27 degrees. When questioning the reception desk we were told that the rooms did not have air conditioning, although when booking on booking.com it states that the building is air conditioned, we complained that the room was too hot to sleep in and were met with looks of confusion and lack of interest. With nowhere else to stay we had to suffer the high temperature all night, taking 3 showers to try and cool down. At 8am we were then awoke by the sound of diggers outside of our window. We were not given any warning about the works when checking in so this was very frustrating. After having the worst nights sleep ever I will not be paying for a nights stay in this hotel again unless it's the middle of winter and my heating does not work in my home!

Property was well located
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

Rooms very small and the air conditioning did not work. We were told it was not A/C but a heat exchanger ! Staff did nothing to help temp in room was unbeatable and we had to leave at 5.30 am as we could not sleep

Property was well located

Good for winter as too hot NO A/C
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

No fans or AC!!! The drinks and snack machines wasnt even turned on so no cold drinks. Drink supplement in this heat. Even if ice and water jugs! The fact i went too wash my face, turned the plug too see someones sick remains 🤤. I therefore didnt even use the sink too wash. Was cooler in the hallway then it was in our bedroom and a few others said the same. My friends also stayed there same night as us.

How nice it looks from the front as back is building site.

• penta Standard Double or Twin Room

DO NOT stay at this hotel in the summer. Our room read 27 degrees! No air con and no fan!!!! Was like being in a sauna.

The reception area/bar was very nice & the overall room & clealiness was good. Location is fantastic!

Poor service , full on con.
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

Room was boiling hot !! Heating was broke and stuck on ! Staff unhelpful , had to pay £16 at hotel to park my own Vechile even thou I paid £79 to stay the night !! Awful service !!! Avoid

Hot weather ,no air conditioning =no sleep
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

Stayed during the hot weather and disappointed to find out no air conditioning in the bedroom. Made the night sleep unbearable as window needed to be open and extremely noisey from the traffic and people so did not get any sleep until 3 am ! Love this place normally so a bit surprised at the set up as downstairs reception had air con ! Did ask for a fan but not much use.

Slow internet. Noisy carwash next-door. Some nice touches. Not great value.
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

The aircon in my room did not work. I had the window open but the noise from the adjacent car-wash was oppressive over the course of the day. The Carwash also starts early, so no chance of sleeping-in. The car park door was not secure. The livestream TV system wasn't great. (Although they have a free movie channel which was a nice touch). The internet speed was very slow in the evening,

The reception/bar/pool-room combination is nice, although there was a slightly cliquey feel in the evening with (what seemed to be) regulars holding court when playing pool. The car park was free (although advertised as billable). The staff were pleasant.

I would recommend Penta for a hotel stay
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

Car parking was very restricted, we had to use the NCP car park down the road which was quite a walk uphill with a big bag

Loved the décor and bar area, very unique. Close enough to walk to the Mailbox, Bullring and other nearby attractions

Enjoyable
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

Could not park my car in there underground car park

Fabulous place . Staff very helpful and friendly. Walk in shower stunning! Great place to stay . Wonderful choice for breakfast.

Great location, trendy hotel.
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

Air conditioning was sub standard both our rooms were 25 degrees despite the air con being on all afternoon and overnight, this meant we had an uncomfortable nights sleep. Wi-Fi did not work for our entire stay despite the rooms being advertised with free Wi-Fi.

Staff were friendly and very helpful. Check in and out was a breeze. We had an issue with our sink plug which they couldn't fix but transferred us to another room in a matter of minutes. Location is great, minutes walk from the mailbox. Great choice for breakfast. The pastries are highly recommended.

A few problems all sorted instantly
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

The key cards stopped working multiple times at times, Which was all dealt with immediately There was no WiFi while I was there so I was unable to do many things

The room was brilliantly laid out. Customer service above and beyond what Is required

The bed was really comfortable, loved the massive TV and all...
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

It was really warm in the room, the air conditioning didn’t seem to do much to cool the room down.

The bed was really comfortable, loved the massive TV and all the features! the bathroom was really nice and loved the shower! The staff were really nice and welcoming!

No sleep
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

Room very hot ! No air con or fan. Could hear Base noise bumping all night until 5am. Noisy if window opened as on busy road and our room faced industrial area where 3 men were shouting and throwing bricks at each other. No sleep at all. Nice bar area and staff really friendly

Location for venue

Spot on
    • penta Plus Double or Twin Room

The Staff are amazing , group of 6 of us went for the weekend , staff go extra mile and then some , Hotel is chic located perfectly a stones throw from Station , Canal and mailbox with Broadstreet close enough to walk but just far away enough too...:)

Proximity to train station
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

Proximity to a seemingly 24 hour hand car wash which woke us up at 6am, air con didn't seem to work properly and bathroom needed more light

Proximity to train station

Way to HOT!!!
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

No air con... the room was so hot at one point I felt so light headed I almost fainted... drinks expensive also!

Prime location and hotel was lovely looking

Enjoyable
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

Only thing didn't like was the fact there was only one bar and you had to keep going up and down the stairs for drinks as we preferred to sit up stairs in comfort and out on the balcony. But part from the little error we enjoy our stay very much .

Me and my partner stayed here last Friday and with both enjoyed our stay and would stay again and would recommend.

Great location and bar, friendly staff
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

Expensive parking (£16 for one night), room was very hot with no air con and quite noisy in the morning

Very helpful staff, modern hotel, nice bar area. Good location for walking into town .

Best hotel I have visited
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

Everything was brilliant cannot say a bad word

This was the best hotel I had ever visited, I have stayed in many hotels in the Birmingham area this definitely was the best hence why I took my time out to give them a brilliant review. I will definitely be staying here more loved it!

Great location. Chic hotel.
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

The climate control did not have much affect on the room. It did not work or it was insufficient.

The style, decor, mattress was nice and firm. The Entrance with the pool table looks really cool.

The stay was uncomfortable and not worth the money, however the staff were great
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

We had trouble getting into the room to start with and after several attempts we had to get a member of staff to come upstairs and swap our keycard. We set the room temperature to the lowest 5 degrees as soon as we got in as the room was too warm and humid, this didn’t do a thing as it was still too warm even after getting a member of staff to inspect this. The last thing we wanted after being at a heated indoor concert, being on our feet and lining up for hours was to come back to a ridiculously warm room. There was no change in temperature from 15:00-23:00 as it was at 25 degrees all day. The area outside our hotel room was really noisy and many drunken people walking by which actually woke us both up at 4am. The room was obviously not cleaned properly as there were hairs between the duvet and mattress and we also discovered a box of unused condoms that we’re under the sink behind pipes; meaning that the cleaning staff only did half a job. The TV was also impossible to use the settings were far too complicated this coming from a 19 year old who is able to use modern technology with ease.

The facilities and longer area were a nice touch.

Content and comfortable
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

The tv made really loud noises which woke me up during the night. Also the shower had no door so the floor in the bathroom was really wet.

Staff were so lovely and helpful! I enjoyed the quirky hotel, also loved the selection of movies on the TV.

Comfortable, secure and very pleasant.
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

Room was too hot but that was my fault as I was not able to work out how to use the air conditioning.

This hotel was perfectly situated, clean and very comfortable. Bathroom was lovely, shower excellent and bed comfortable. Would recommend this hotel and will use again. Staff assisted with a cab which came within less than 5 minutes. Felt secure with car parking and access and egress from building.

This hotel room was all style and no substance I'm afraid.
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

Room was boiling, the aircon was useless, but as I only got back to the room at 1am I wasn't going to start chasing staff at that time. Couldn't leave the window open due to noise of boy racers on the road. Great selection of toiletries, however there are no shelves in the shower. So to use any of them you have to put them on the floor, or balance them on the taps. Not been thought through through well. Also discovered that the first 10 channels on the TV didn't work, no TV guide working on the remote, so no way to find out what channels you actually had.

Staff were friendly, room was clean.

Staff were very good, design of hotel nice
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

Key card didn’t work 3 times, had to move rooms, key card would not work in lift all the time, air con broke in room, was way too hot, couldn’t sleep at all!

Staff were very good, design of hotel nice

Had the air conditioning been adequate I would have enjoyed the stay a lot more.
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

The room was uncomfortably hot, and the air conditioning had no effect because you couldn’t turn it bellow a certain heat.

The bed was comfy and the rooms were nice and clean!

It was a reasonable stay staff were friendly bit too pricey
    • penta Plus Double or Twin Room

The shower I thought I was going to flood the bathroom and I couldn’t get the air con right so I had to open the window.

The room was nice and the staff were friendly.

The girl behind the counter which was English.
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

The girl behind the counter which was English. Was working Friday an Saturday morning was very very rood. The other girls an gents were very nice the foreign girls an gents was VERY polite. Just one English girl was very rood.

Very good location, 10min walk to the Bullring shopping centre and bars, would stay again
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

One of our towels was not clean. Unsure as to whether it was a previous guest's make up or they had hurt themself =( Hotel appears to be very security conscious,which is great! However, didn't appreciate standing the other side of the lobby doors in the cold as the room key failed to work in the reader and nobody noticed for a good 10mins.

Hotel very well situated, 10min walk from the Bullring shopping centre & bars,5mins walk from NCP car park, very secure & £6 for 24hrs! Cocktails at the hotel bar (which is manned 24hrs) very good, free pool table/pinball for guests.

Not as good as I’d hoped
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

For supposed 4* it really isn’t a cut above an ibis styles. The room decor feels pretty cheap. Supposed to be a business hotel but no iron in the room and WiFi speed 0.1 meg. Really annoying tv menu constantly resetting to something out of the 80s trying to sell you movies and you can’t just easily watch what you want. Bar prices high and food pretty crap and overpriced. I had hoped for more.

Bar and lounge decor good, pool tables, relaxing air about the place, bathroom good with walk in shower would expect at 4*

Clean and comfy,lovely lounge area, great bar staff.
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

asked for rooms close together 4 months before hand but ended up 2 floors apart. Tiny cups in room, very noisy air conditioning and on a noisy road.

Clean and comfy,lovely lounge area, great bar staff. close to city centre.

Great site, brilliant for a short stay in Brum city centre
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

The Aircon unit was basically useless and it was very warm at night, we didn't mention it to anyone until we left though, I'm sure they would have done something if we had

5 mins walk from grand central, we didn't have any food there but when we checked in and the receptionist realised it was my wife's birthday she gave us a glass of prosecco each to wish her a happy birthday. Which was alivwly gesture.

Very hot, stuffy room, lukewarm water and noisy. Very disappointed and left tired and exhausted.
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

Air conditioning was abysmal and didn’t work. Phone unanswered. Noisy room. Shower temperature wasn’t consistent. Awful stay, and have contacted hotel twice. Wish refund.

Epic shower...dire internet
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

The internet was dire. I mentioned it on the first night and had to haul all my tech gear down to reception to upgrade. The second, third and fourth night I didn’t bother I just didn’t have internet. There was an upgrade but to be fair having had it for free one night it wasn’t good either. In a hotel in Berlin speed of 80mbps was free. In Pentahouse Birmingham 0.2mbps.

The shower is epic. I liked walking in to the lobby of the hotel and having a shifty game of pinball on the way to the room.

The retro telephone and the overall appearance of the hotel.
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

We had a damp patch in our room (which we didn’t notice until the morning we checked out) obviously not an odour, or we would have complained.

The retro telephone and the overall appearance of the hotel. The aroma coming out of the a/c was very nice.

Would stay again, good location, great staff and a cool bar area. Bed wasn't the best though.
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

Loud music playing very late, not sure if it was a club near by or the bar downstairs. I was on the 5th floor so surprised if it was the bar. Not very comfy bed and rubbish pillow.

Cool bar and very friendly staff.

Quirky hotel in the city

The bed was very hard

Great location for a city break Really good bar/lounge areas with funky lighting and a nice atmosphere Lovely staff Great value for money

Ideal for theatre visit and dog friendly would stay again if price was right
    • penta Plus Double or Twin Room

Too hot in room at night unable to keep window open due to noise plus rooms small but ideal. Food in restaurant and wine slightly expensive. Local area to hotel a bit run down plus no car parking available at hotel as not many spaces but NCP car park around corner £6 for 24hr hotel would have been £16 for 24hr

Staff very friendly and ideal location for theatres and china town plus hotel had good facilities and very trendy decor

If you stay here just save yourself money and book the normal room
    • penta PlayerPad Room

We paid to be in games room - no PS REMOTES, when we asked for them the ones we were given did not work. Plus the bar downstairs was very overpriced. Really unhappy with value for money

Overall a brilliant stay. Central, comfortable, clean, great staff, lovely rooms, great ambience...
    • penta Plus Double or Twin Room

The cost of the breakfast. Whilst we absolutely and throughly enjoyed the variety and quality of the breakfast available, we all baulked at the £15 per head cost, which we all agreed was in excess of any other similar at other hotels in our experience. We thought we were paying that slight excess for other breakfasters to enjoy the prosecco offered.

The staff were great ... polite, friendly, helpful and easygoing. The walk-in shower was excellent and other hotels would do well to look to their laurels in this regard!

Enjoyable stay and would recommend it
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

Cheaper food, cheaper bar, bigger room, step in shower... not much really!!

Wet room shower had water all over bathroom floor so not a great design! Heating on full and I didn’t realise till the morning after sweating all night 😞 didn’t eat in restaurant as too expensive as paid quite a bit for stay but hotel was well decorated and looked lovely in evening with all the candles on 😍 room was a little small and noisy as next to road but doesn’t reflect on stay, overall I would recommend this hotel as close to ncp car park which was £6 for 24 hrs!! Absolute bargain and a short walk from shopping centre

Comfortable
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

Sink started overflowing whilst washing hands- unable to locate a button/lever to empty the sink. Next morning had your brush my teeth in the shower.

Room was clean & bed very comfortable

Great place to stay!!!
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

The restaurant got my order wrong but they quickly sorted it out

All the little extras The welcome message on the tv The gym Coffee and tea making facilities The bed was comfortable Good Shower pressure

Good stay, close to attractions however no free parking
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

the parking isn’t free, would be nice to have free parking for the guess. The WiFi is slow and is hard to connect. The pillows had holes in but not very noticeable and they was slightly lumpy maybe needs new ones.

Loved how the hotel is designed very fun and inviting. The food was amazing and the staff was super friendly. The hotel is walking distance to different locations.

Food was amazing staff were very helpful and friendly the...
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

The pillows in the room weren’t great, the hairdryer knocked off and wouldn’t work then.

Food was amazing staff were very helpful and friendly the terrace outside was stunning and lovely to sit in the sun shine

A bit uninspiring but a one night stay cannot give a comprehensive review
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

Door did not double lock on our room. Offered 3 other options, chose 1, but did not have the complimentry breakfast offered would have been to rushed. On arrival happened to speak to a traffic warden who told us as we had a blue badge we could park outside the hotel without charge, thought hotel could have been aware of this.

Bad wifi puts me off staying here again, everything else perfectly good
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

Wifi situation is bad - only hotel I've stayed at in a long time where the free wifi has been so bad/slow/not working and even though I was staying for 2 nights the free wifi time allowance ran out after one night. I stay in Birmingham every week for work and I won't stay here again, solely based on the wifi (everything else was fine)

Generally a nice hotel, good food and staff were good

Good value for money and comfy too.
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

There was very little to dislike about the hotel, but if I was being picky we would have liked more teabags. I'm sure if we'd have asked for them we could have had more.

A good hotel which was value for money. The beds were very comfy and the room was quiet. The location allows good central access to shopping, theatres and nightlife, all within walking distance.

Great stay, just a shame people aren’t very thoughtful
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

Connecting room with strangers who were very loud. However hotel did reimburse us our breakfast & give us info of who to contact should we stay again to get a better room, staff are lovely & this issue couldn’t be helped!

Loved the restaurant & bar!

Move the ps4 so it isn't't directly as people walk in

Excellent staff and room. The location for the hotel was great as it was close to o2 academy and Bullring

Lots of potential but work to do
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

The rooms were very dark and could have been cleaner. The organisation of making a group booking was not the easiest - I now have 8 invoices to deal with for 1 group booking!

The bar area was very trendy. The showers were great - loads of pressure and hot water.

Brilliant
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

Didnt have breakfast due to price (£15 each)

Location for o2 academy is excellent. Parking nearby at NCP Horsefair is reasonable. Liked the reception/bar area.

The hotel was great.
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

Parking is expensive so I recommend the NCP Horsefair car park which was £5ish for 24 hours and is secure. It’s a two minute walk. I read reviews about how great the breakfast was, but I was unwilling to pay £15 pp for this - it was as much as my main meal in the restaurant in the evening.

The hotel was great. We were visiting the O2 Academy and the hotel is just behind the venue. The rooms and facilities were very modern but very comfortable. The food in the restaurant was delightful. The bar being open for residents all through the night was great. The staff were friendly and helpful. Check-in was swift, although it’s not really clear which part of the bar you check in at and we ended up waiting with people who were ordering drinks. Great range of spirits, although I’d have liked a more extensive cocktail range if I was being picky. Checkout at 12 was a great time too, as were the nice touches to the room like water, nice range of coffees and toilettes. We were in the 5th floor and the views of Brum were great.

Beds not very comfy good large shower rooms ok decent size
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

Beds uncomfortable limited parking we had to pay to park in the NCP and realy struggled to find it as road was closed

Beds not very comfy good large shower rooms ok decent size

Ok for value
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

Air con didn’t work - bedroom lighting poor. Didn’t eat brekkie as at £15 a head going out to local restaurant was cheaper but breakfast was nice I heard and we loved the upstairs area, apparently drinks were horrendously expensive. Really awful location - minutes walk to town but past a few homeless people and not nice buildings wasn’t exactly attractive. Ridiculous idea of someone’s to put pool table right in middle of entrance, near coffee machine and once everyone’s way arriving with luggage etc, seemed only for the staff to use! Would defo recommend they get rid of this as ruined what was other a lovely decor. Felt almost like a hostel with that there and no proper check in (check in was behind the bar!)

Decor, simplicity of rooms

Lovely hotel in a great location for exploring Birmingham
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

Only a slight niggle - They ran out of cream for my hot chocolate 😂 and didn’t go to replace it

Lovely hotel with all the essentials and really nice extra finishing touches - such as the toiletries and water in the room Liked the security of the building ( use of key card to use lift - get through main doors etc ) And the staff went out of their way to be helpful Breakfast was fabulous - lots of choice with really fresh produce - nice to have the option of prosecco for breakfast 🥞 And a good selection of cakes and pastries

Very querky lovely accommodation would defiantly recommend .
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

Very querky lovely accommodation would defiantly recommend .. only issue I think there should have been breakfast included in our price but other than that it was brilliant

great hotel. great location. lovely staff
    • penta Plus Double or Twin Room

Maybe free parking would be nice

We stay here every time we come to Birmingham and everything is spot on. Comfortable bed, large T V, clean. Very helpful friendly staff.

Really nice stay at a very youthful hotel!
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

In the room we would have appreciated an iron and also a soap dish! The bathroom could have been cleaner as we noticed hair around one of the disabled support bars in the shower room.

The decor! We really liked the lighting and pictures both in the room and in the communal areas. Also the room was large and the bed was firm.

It was okay
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

university hall type of accommodation. Hair dryer in the room was not working Bathroom sink Tap was places very inconveniently

Staff was very friendly and helpful, nice lounge area

Pentahotel has plenta to offer

Nothing. All good.

Very very nice hotel for a short stay. Staff at the desk were excellent, we arrived at 9 sat morning and we were allowed check in and to be told we can check out late on Sunday was a bonus. You will do well to stay in the pentahotel.

• penta Standard Double or Twin Room

Car parking was awful, we got told it wasn’t busy for us to que up and wait. I then went back in and the staff told me it was full.

Friendly atmosphere, clean!

Great location and quirky hotel
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

This time the buffet breakfast wasn't up to normal standards, the hot section wasn't hot the eggs were watery, hash browns were soggy and not alot of choice,the pastries weren't as fresh.. we were also going to try and order room service, there was a menu but no info on how to contact reception. So we ended up having to go back downstairs for a snack!!.

Love the property been a couple of times now! The location is ideal for the shops, restaurants and the arena etc.. just a short walk away!

Fantastic town and the superb hotel.
    • penta Standard Double or Twin Room

One of the best hotel I've ever stayed in. Especially if you compare it with other hotels in England. Modern hotel with everything you need in. Twin bed room big enough, large flat TV, very comfortable beds and a spacious bathroom. Very clean both - the room and the bathroom. At the entrance of the hotel there's bar and a billiard table with cozy atmosphere. It takes 7-8 minutes to the main train station and Bullring shopping center and 10-12 min to the Broad street (lots of bars and restaurants).

Browse pentahotel Birmingham traveller photo gallery