Reviews of pentahotel Inverness 4 stars

63 Academy Street, Inverness, IV1 1LU, United Kingdom

#20 of 34 hotels in Inverness

• penta Standard Room

The bar has potential to be a cool hang out spot but big sports screen TVs are off-putting / anti-social. We could hardly breathe with the smell of ‘air freshner’/cleaning product like very strong men’s aftershave (that’s why we scored lower for ‘cleanliness’). The hot water is a bit of an issue with it turning very hot /cold during a shower. Breakfast very pricey.

Great location, next to train station. Easy walking distance everywhere. Helpful staff. Comfortable bed, very good sound proofing, liked the design of shower room. Overall it was a good stay & suited our needs.

• penta Standard Room

No parking; long time to check in; confusion over our booking - we were told they didn’t have rooms for 3 (2 adults & 1 child); said they would put a bed in our room ; but when we got to the room, a bed was already made up - then someone else came with another bed so they obviously had known about a booking for 3. Awful child’s bed - need upgrading. Nice linens but overly hard bed. Lots of Cracked plaster in the bathroom. Tired.

Central; modern; dog friendly; nice bathroom products; friendly but slow staff,

• penta Standard Room

bright blue light reading lights and down duvets and pillows (i'm allergic) also checking in at bar, perhaps an upstairs or seperate check in would be better TV didnt work although staff did say they would have sorted it if i had have let them know so that is good

style of room, very modern late checkout

• Penta PLUS Twin Room

15£ breakfast is a bit expensive. So we went to the filling station.

Very please the staff. Very welcoming. As I have not visites Inverness much, this hotel will be my first choice.

• penta Standard Room

The bed wasn't the most comfortable I have slept in and there was a rather unfortunate mark on one of the pillows that looked as if someone had blown their nose on it the last time it was used and it hadn't come off in the wash!

The location is excellent for amenities and public transport. The staff were very friendly

• penta PlayerPad Room

My colleague stayed in the hotel. The wine served was off, there was an annoying clanking noise in the pipes that kept her awake all night and the entire hotel smelled of aftershave. Overall she was left feeling pretty let down!

The location is excellent, nice and central, and there was plenty of availability. It looks okay and the bar is well kitted out.

• penta Standard Room

Photos of reception, bar and dining area accurate. This is a very nice area. Room very basic. No drawers. Only one bedside cabinet. Sheets felt old (lumpy). Cannot understand the 4 stars.

• penta Standard Room

Easy check in at reception desk that doubles as part of a nice bar. Very friendly and efficient staff. Good location near the city centre and the river banks . At walking distance to the train and bus stations. Comfortable room and clean bathroom. Excellent breakfast.

• penta Standard Room

Sheets were awful, WiFi was very poor, reception area smelled like an Axe deodorant can exploded, parking was several blocks away, room was very hot each night, and if you opened the windows you got to hear the noise from the equipment on the building next door. Hot and cold water ran intermediatly in the shower.

Staff was friendly

• Penta PLUS Twin Room

The staff at the reception were not trained in customer support. Rude and grumpy. The room does not have a wardrobe only a clothes stand.poor value for money. The breakfast was pathetic

Location was very good, other aspects very poor

• penta Standard Room

Booked on booking.com arrived and was told we hadn’t booked the room was £185 for the night average price for Inverness area but the tv didn’t work in the room and was on the floor.... overall 6/10 probably wouldn’t go back would try somewhere different didn’t find it great enough to want to go back in a hurry

• penta Standard Room

I like to sleep on a crisp fitted sheet. The one in my room was sort of fleecy. Of course, I could have called reception to have another one, but it really was not worth the hassle.

Combining the reception with the bar is excellent. It gives a great feel to the place.

• penta Standard Room

Disappointed that I had driven 400 miles 7 hours in the car, to have no food available at the hotel or any parking spaces , I had 3 bags and clothes on hangers , had to walk from from the multi story, I thought your drinks where very expensive too, £4,50 a pint of lager then you go round the corner and it’s £2.80

• penta Standard Room

The hotel was comfortable and welcoming. There were relaxation and eating areas on the ground floor. We ate an enjoyable dinner at the hotel on the first night. The staff were very helpful. The location was convenient for our arrival from the bus station, our trip to the Kyle of Lochalsh and back from the train station and to collect our car from the car hire when we were leaving.

• penta Standard Room

Have been here 3 times in the last 2 years, has been a great stay every time. From the comfy rooms to the very extensive (and tasty!) breakfast, to the knowledgeable barman who introduced us to a new (to us) whisky. 10/10

• penta Standard Room

Loved the standard of fixtures and fittings, the finish and the attention to details. The style and design is far superior to the Travelodges/Premier Inns of this world. Loved the chilled out bar/reception area with its wide range of clientele from the old to the young.

• penta Standard Room

Slow service, breakfast bar unattended, at 08:30 most of food was gone and not replenished, no staff around at breakfast time. I tried to pick up a postcard from a display card rack which was not fixed on the wall and it fell on my head. The receptionist did not go through health and safety regulations with me - just apologised!

The rooms small but clean and comfortable

• penta Standard Room

Unlike every other place I've ever stayed in the UK, breakfast wasn't included in the room tariff. I paid extra for the breakfast, but, unfortunately, when I arrived, the buffet was slammed and most of the food items were gone by the time I had worked my way through the queue.

I was impressed by almost everything I experienced at Pentahotel Inverness -- location, size and comfort of room, courteous staff, amenities provided at the hotel. I must add that I didn't stay long enough to take advantage of the property fully, just needed a place to sleep before flying home. Based on this visit, though, I would come back and stay longer so that I could appreciate more of what it had to offer.

• penta Standard Room

The manager was very accommodating to allow a later than normal checkout time which we really appreciated as it was the race weekend. Also, I didn't realise our booking did not include breakfast and he allowed us to have a very early complimentary breakfast morning of the race.

• penta Standard Room

The hairdryer wasn't working, at times it was very noisy thought it would be something more for the price payed. Cleaners were knocking the door well before check out time.

• penta Standard Room

Car park was full. Had to pay to use public high rise car park a few minutes walk away. Breakfast a bit pricey at £15. We went to nearby cafe instead.

The decor is to my taste. Excellent lighting and some lovely touches here and there. Friendly staff.

• penta Standard Room

Staff gradually becoming more rude and unprofessional in their attitude over the 4 times we've stayed there. Probably won't be back

Location, quietness, efficient

• penta Standard Room

The shower wasn't working properly. There is no free parking close to the hotel.

This hotel was perfect for a one night stay. The staff was friendly and the room clean when we arrived.

Better bedding.

Bedding was in poor condition. Sheets were old and pilling. Check in was at the bar and heat only worked when your room key was inserted in theroom.

• penta Standard Room

Outstanding welcome! Never been to a hotel before where we have been made to feel so valued. Fantastic, attentive staff - absolutely every one. We were there for a cycling event with a very early start on Sunday. Breakfast @4:45am - no problem! ...And not just a bit of cereal, the full works if we wanted it. Free movies and sports channels too! The hotel itself was lovely. Distinct style with a totally laid back atmosphere. Free pool table and PlayStation- both popular but not intrusive in any way. No on site parking but great value, secure 24hr multi storey nearby

• Penta PLUS Twin Room

Beds were much too hard- I got another down blanket and folded it in half like a matress pad to soften it up abut.

Very friendly and efficient check in, and generally helpful throughout our three day stay.

• Penta PLUS Twin Room

Room service took nearly 2hrs to bring us more milk!!! Not much staff about. Also no help with cases due to lack of staff!! We were both in our 70s . Also at the highest room in the hotel.

Beds comfy. Shower nice

• penta Standard Room

Was right next to lift and could hear it moving everytime. Heard the toilet being flushed all the time as bed right next to bathroom.

style of room was nice.

• penta Standard Room

Poor initial handling of a complaint made to the duty manager about an incident that severely impacted on our enjoyment of our stay. Limited wine list and generic brands of spirits, beers and ciders on offer, completely ignoring high quality local brands.

Lovely design, spacious rooms, very clean.

• penta Standard Room

Phoned 2 weeks before visit for early check in was told no problem arrived at hotel and told we don't do that.

Great location and very clean and comfortable

• penta Standard Room

I had booked 2 rooms for 3 adults and 2 children when we got to our rooms their was one double bed and the other room had 2 single beds the lady was very nice and got a fold up bed up but did say they don't do family rooms and they get this a lot with booking.com. I thought the 2 ladies was very nice but the manager wasn't very friendly at all and the price of the drinks and food was well over priced

• penta Standard Room

The room was a little too warm but we found out we could turn the heating off in the morning so that was down to us.

Great atmosphere, lovely and friendly staff. Plenty of things to do in the hotel and it was in a great location.

• penta Standard Room

Only thing which I would add which is not a criticism, perhaps try an automated check in/out system for times when staff are busy serving customers at the bar. Checking in at the bar was fine but we did see others waiting for five mins. Not a criticism though.

Excellent service, supervisor was very attentive and knowledgeable on local places of interest, pubs, restaurants and amenities. Went out of her way to make sure we had an excellent stay. Clean, Comfortable, Nice room, breakfast facilities.

• penta Standard Room

Cold water had been turned off to shower making it impossible to regulate the temperature. When we told the staff the reply was oh yes there have been problems in the past with that room ! No plug in the bathroom sink

Quiet, comfortable and clean. Handy for Rail and bus stations

• penta Standard Room

Showers are either freezing cold or striaght hot no inbetween, TV switched off serval times for no reason during programs

Very modern, great decor, great location

Everything was 10/10

Exceptionally friendly welcome, nothing was too much trouble. Excellent burger. Good sized room. Comfy mattress. Very clean. Cool bar with comfy sofas and and very very very tasty breakfast.

• penta Standard Room

Mattress and pillows were super comfy (memory foam I think), and the toiletries were among the best I've had in a hotel. Reception and bar area has some nice facilities like a free pool table and a PlayStation

• penta Standard Room

We would of spent more time in the hotel but the price of food and drinks were pretty pricey. Especially the cost to add on a breakfast, we went else where and got a Suberb breakfast at a fraction of the cost. Also through no fault of the staff but the PlayStation remote was broken so our wee guy was disapointed .

Hotel was really nice, clean, comfy beds etc. Loved the decor.

• penta Standard Room

We booked a double room on getting there, we were giving a twin room as there was no double room left I guess they must have been sold put

The style of the hotel, the staffs were friendly

• penta Standard Room

The room I had was above part of the bar which meant I could hear the music, as a business traveller I travel with earplugs but others may not and they may need to consider lowering the music post 11pm

• penta Standard Room

Had to change room due to cleanliness issue but second one was great

Quirkiness of the reception and bar. Location fantastic!!! Room good size and good toiletries along with sky tv and movies in the room.

• penta Standard Room

I booked a double but was ended up with a twin as there was no doubles left. There was a shortage of staff in the bar/reception area and the attitude of some staff was poor. I could understand staff being frustated at been short staffed but Laura was exceptionally rude. My freinds were also of the same opinion. We wanted a hotel with a bar so we could have a drink before and after out night but again it was poor not just Lauras attitude but the stock it had run out of Lemonade, Lime, morgans and a few other drinks. You would expect better for the price of the room per night, I think I would of been happier in the travel lodge across the road.

The rooms were clean and nice. The beds were comfy.

• penta Standard Room

Bit noise in next room. you could hear them partying till early morning hours. I didn't like to complain. During my checked out no one ask me how I enjoyed my stay. Anyway I'll be back. Definitely!!

Nice and clean room. Lovely deco and location

• penta Standard Room

The pillows and towels were short on numbers. The noise from party goers in the early hours of the morning were heard easily. And the cost of £15 each for breakfast was far too expensive without knowing what you were getting!

• penta Standard Room

Generally staff were nice apart from 2 in the front of house/bar area- they really let the hotel and their team down- the 2 in question with the attitude were just plain rude and didn’t care, like they would rather you were not there, which made us leave the bar for food and drinks elsewhere. The way they spoke to customers was out of order- also be prepared to wait if you have any queries, or need to check in or out. Due to those 2 (other staff were polite and courteous) I’m really not sure we would go back next visit which is a shame as we are in Inverness a couple times a year.

Lovely hotel- rooms clean, service/room staff polite. Bar decor also lovely, in a nice central location

• penta Standard Room

I didn't know there was a few parking spaces. However the staff have me directions to a few parking areas close by.

The staff were really friendly, helpful and went out of there way to make me feel welcome.

• penta Standard Room

Walls were a bit thin so were woken up by other guests alarm clocks between 6-7 on consecutive days

Staff were helpful and friendly. Also enjoyed having gym facilities

• penta Standard Room

A very comfortable and cool hotel in the centre of town. Staff were very friendly and accommodating. Decor and ambience were excellent and I would certainly (a) stay again and (b) recommend to friends and colleagues. Value for money.

• penta Standard Room

Good rooms, nice bar (little bit more expensive than the bars round about), friendly staff. The hotel is in an excellent location, minutes walk from train and bus, cheap overnight parking nearby and the centre of Inverness is right there. You are close to main roads out of the town for sight seeing.

• penta Standard Room

Heavy use of essential oils in reception which apparently "are the Penta smell"...

Clean, comfortable room which we needed as a stopover on a trip to the far north west of the country. At £80 a night it offered business levels of comfort etc for fairly good value. Bed was comfortable and sizeable.

• Penta PLUS Twin Room

Twin beds were not comfortable for 3 people. Toilet door in the side of Bed, so much uncomfortable for the person who was sleeping on that side. TV remote was not working properly. Iron Board/Table were not inside the room. No cabinet or place to put the luggage. Big problem was with outside noise, i was feeling like sleeping on the road when i woke up 3-4 times every night when heard car/truck/buses horn and people shout (after they were drank). I was expecting to get good basic amenities after paying more than 110 per night (not included breakfast)

Location, hotel is situated in the heart of city center. Walking distance from train station, bus station and town center.

• penta Standard Room

Change the dark décor in the corridors and brown paint on the doors, people like well lit access corridors! The décor and lighting make the place seem 'Seedy' and unwelcoming.

location is excellent, The room was suitably lit however the décor and lighting in the access corridor was too low. Overall I would stay there again.

• penta Standard Room

Our first allocated room smelled awful and we had to make a request to be moved. Also the price we paid did not reflect the standard of room i was expecting.

The bar area was lovely although a bit pricey. Hotel is in a great location for bars and restaurants

• penta Standard Room

No info in room about hotel or area, check-in told me I could get movie channel, could not get it in my room, bathroom light hanging out of fitting, hair clips on bathroom floor, trash under bed, shower kept running hot then cold, no matter where shower head was located bathroom floor got soaked, bathroom sink left water all over the surface so everything on the surround got wet, could not warm room up even though heater on full, bed sheet wrong size kept pulling off in the night. Awful stay

• Penta PLUS Twin Room

Lighting in the room was either too bright or cold. The bathroom and shower looked great but the actual shower was awful. Morning staff not so friendly.

Room was generally stylish and bed was comfortable. Range of breakfast was good. Evening staff were friendly.

• penta Standard Room

First major negative point was the room service- they had a tendency to move personal property around, and ended up actually throwing away the lids to my contact lens case. Room heater could do with upgrading- quite old fashioned single radiator setup. Bed wasn't bad, but I have slept in far more comfortable beds. Shower kept alternating between hot and cold.

Really fantastic location- within 5 minutes walk of both the bus and railway stations in the city centre. Modern interior and trendy bar/reception area. Facilities in room were up to standard- and the choice of films on the TV were an added bonus. Room relatively comfy. Value for money excellent.

• penta Standard Room

comfy bed, blackout curtains, relaxing surroundings, very central for entertainment and restauraunts, very close to bus and railway stations, breakfast looked lovely even though we ate later.

• penta Standard Room

Bathroom in the first room flooded from shower meaning we had to evacuate, then in the morning before 10am sausages not available from the cooked breakfast menu and little communication between staff.

The room temp and the comfort of the bed.

• penta Standard Room

Only downside was breakfast. The croissants were supposed to come 'soon' but never appeared. The sausages were really tough. Otherwise breakfast fine.

• penta Standard Room

The hotel were not aware of my reservation. I arrived 4 hours after receiving confirmation from booking.com . Don't know where the fault lies but it did cause a delay at check in.

Helpful check in staff

• penta Standard Room

Only down fall for us was no parking But the multi storey in rose street was handy n cheap So not anything to complain about

Perfect location Even more so for us as we stayed here to attend an event at the iron works Spotlessly clean hotel and very fashionable Breakfast cooked on order fantastic value for money

• penta Standard Room

The bottom of the shower walls were all damaged, looking cracked. The complimentary toiletries were great but without a soap dish we found the soap made a mess.

It was clean and very modern looking! The blackout curtain really worked and we got a great sleep, being in a room at the back of the hotel we had a nice view and it was very quiet! The staff were very friendly!

• penta Standard Room

Room didn't smell too good, no extractor fan in the bathroom, hairdryer was a pain to use, pillows weren't very comfy,

Lovely big room, lovely bar, eating area, good location

• penta Standard Room

Within a hundred yards of the Rail station, this was an excellent location for me. I was attending a concert at The Ironworks and that was only another hundred yards down the street. Fantastic for ease. There was a nice view from my room, it was a modern layout and very comfortable bed. The free movies on the interactive TV was welcomed and having tea making facilities great as well. the bar appeared to be a good place to chill although I didn't use it on this visit.

• penta Standard Room

We stayed here the night before the Inverness Half Marathon. The Hotel is about two steps away from the bus station and a multi-story car park and another few steps from the train station. The rooms were very large but the bed wasn't super comfortable. We didn't have breakfast but did get take away tea and coffee which offers Starbucks products. Very central to the high street and the river so good to get around if sightseeing although we just came for the race.

• penta PlayerPad Room

The room didn’t meet our expectations at all. Looking at pictures of the “player rooms” and they are completely different. The room was bland. Also our complimentary shower pack had clearly been used by the previous guests. There was body wash and shampoo all over the bag. Also the rooms are not sound proof at all.

I loved the warm welcome from the staff and loved how welcoming the hotel itself seems.

• penta Standard Room

Decided to take more money than the agreed price without explanation or prior notice. Shower is faulty. Bed uncomfortable and only one pillow. Bathroom was dirty and had cracked panels. Hair dryer is ridiculous.

Style

• penta Standard Room

Staff were a little short (not in height) and weren’t too helpful. Paid £12 for a large nachos that weren’t large at all - waste of money really.

Bar/ lounge area was really great - free pool table! Huge rooms Great location

• penta Standard Room

Noise from the bar below that's open 24h. Room was a little warm so opened window and could just hear the music from the bar!

Modern, clean, spacious room.

• penta Standard Room

Food was a little expensive but very good.

Staff were extremely helpful especially when they discovered my wife was disabled. They changed our room to a disabled one straight away.

• penta Standard Room

Water pressure shower was low. Entrance lobby hotel is more of a lounge bar. Area around hotel a bit shabby.

Big room for a decent price. Nicely furnished. Good value for money. Near railway and bus station.

• penta Standard Room

TOWN CENTRE LOCATION with easy access to train station, bus station and multi storey car park. Friendly staff and easy check in at reception desk that doubles as part of bar.

• penta Standard Room

The spilt rooms are not good as could here every thing in the next room the dinner menu was way over priced not good at all the shower pressure was constantly changing and the the wait for all the food was terrible

There was a nice welcome and good bar and breakfast on offer

• penta Standard Room

The welcome music on the tv was a bit annoying! Even just quieter would be better.

Fantastic comfy bed and lovely big walk-in shower. Excellent off season rate. Central location. Cosy lounge area.

• penta Standard Room

The drink prices at the bar were a little high but definitely worth it

The staff on the desk were so helpful and made our visit to Inverness more enjoyable 😁

Browse pentahotel Inverness traveller photo gallery