Reviews of Phoenix Guest House

12 Cocker Street, Blackpool, FY1 1SF, United Kingdom

#196 of 362 B&Bs and Inns in Blackpool

• Large Double Room

Attitude ..the room was due a redecoration ..noise .the room was dark.. Tv was very difficult to come on.. Bathroom was dark and very small..not clean.

It was close to shops and bars and coast line. But the breakfast was not continental .place could do with a face lift . My room was not available. Thay give me a room wich thay said was an upgrade .with a window wich faces onto a bin yard ..what a disgrace.

hair dryer could have been in the room

Extremely happy with how clean the bathroom was. You got what you paid for. the room was fit for purpose and bed was comfortable.

• Small Double Room

The only down fall for us was that although it did do breakfast it wasn’t fry ups which we had to go out for but they do give you a discounted card, But other then not we enjoyed our stay

Liked staying at this hotel... it wa clean and tidy rooms was big enough and so was the bathrooms. Close to the sea front and shops very quiet hotel in a quiet street. Staff was very welcoming on arrival. Would definitely stay there again and suggest this hotel to others.

• Small Double Room

Parking info on booking site might need updating. UHT milk would have been better than powdered.

Room, staff, shower, cleanliness.. all great! Fab cheap breakfast at the Wexford Cafe next door. Great location! Overall we loved our stay. Thank You!

The breakfast could’ve been different to continental. This would’ve made it percect

The room was absolutely spotless. It exceeded any expectations we had as it was amazing for he price! We had the best 2 nights stay in Blackpool. By far the best hotel we’ve been to and we come to Blackpool a lot! Would definitely recommend and go again!

• Small Double Room

When I booked a small double it was extremely small! If you slept near the wall you had to wake your friend up to go for a wee or climb over in middle of the night and wake them up anyway.

Fantastic location in walking distance of all bars, theatre and clubs.

• Large Double Room

The parking situation isn't great. Outside the property are double yellows so its not the guest house fault but the parking lots on the same road, which are convenient enough, only take coins and not cards. As none of the local shops will give out change as they are asked so often this makes it very difficult to pay all in one go, if for instance you want to stay 3 nights.

Our stay was lovely. Rooms are on the small side but was fine for me and my 4 year old daughter. Shame there wasn't a bath as that would have made it perfect. The location is really good as only 5 mins' walk to the North Pier and also a few hundred yards to nearest tram stop.

• Small Double Room

Only 30 mins for breakfast and really crammed in and a bit of a wait for the toaster....really didn’t like powdered milk in the room but for the price it’s nice clean and friendly and would definitely return

Comfy bed and nice staff

• Large Double Room

The only thing id say is breakfast could be on for a little longer. Half an hour is a small window of time really.

Late check out was only 5 pounds , hotel operates a 'quiet time' policy which is lovely.

• Small Double Room

Nothing we didn't like for the money we paid it was perfect for what we wanted.

Great value for the money. Clean, left to get on with it no mither.

• Small Double Room

Sadly the eeather. No complaints with the guest house

The whole experience was very good could not ask for more staff,cleanliness,location. Will definitely go back there next time

A cooked breakfast would have been great but cereal and toast was avariable with tea coffee & fruit juices, also available is a ticket for a cafe around the corner although we never bothered with this and just got food down the promenade.

We had a double room and a triple room booked for our stay, both rooms were clean, warm and comfy beds. A list of local restaurants and attractions were available and also free WiFi. Great value for money!

The bed was really comfy the room was really nice and very clean only slight wee hiccup we had was the towels smelt of damp but other than that we had a great stay in the phoenix and we are all going to book there for next year for my son's birthday Great Friendly Owners and I definitely would recommend this Guest house to everyone I know X Nothing everything was really good locality and easy to find and not far from the train station and central to all amenities x

• Small Double Room

Small room but efficient and cosy especially for the price. Continental breakfast wasn't brilliant but again for the price was fine. Really friendly helpful staff. Lovely homely atmosphere, cheap parking 100 yards away and walking distance to tram stop and pretty much all attractions. Had a brilliant stay all in all..would recommend and stay again! Also definate plus that by being guests we were given a discount card for an assortment of shops, restaurants and bars.

• Small Double Room

Had a slight problem with getting into the building during check in as no one was answering the door however we called and it was quickly resolved.

Fast service at the reception after we arrived and unpacked etc, we were also able to check in early. Very kind even though we were running late with checking out. Would recommend for a weekend break!

• Large Double Room

The small bathroom was a little costraphobic and didn't help with my anxiety

It was in he perfect place and not far to walk anywhere me and my partner were very happy

• Single Room with Shared Toilet

Parking difficult nearby. Toilet on landing, but not a problem. Close to seafront, but also close to bars and busy streets with noisy people(the property itself is fine)

It was a nice room, clean and well decorated

Lovely rooms with very comfortable beds continental breakfast with option to buy a voucher for cafe (well worth it). Ideal location just a couple of minutes walk from winter gardens with plenty of pubs and restaurants near by

Shame view was of backyard but that can't be helped and shower was cool for a long time but got hot quick so I was a little worried about my son

Very clean, small but lovely guest house, with excellent polite owners, lovely continental breakfast. my son(8) and I really enjoyed our stay. Recommend and hopefully will return.

• Large Single Room with Shared Toilet

More information about the cost of parking in nearby car parks - £14 for 48 hours so ok for my needs but costly if you have to move about and keep buying tickets.

I knew the room had a shared bathroom but I was delighted to find I had my one shower and washbasin which I did not expect at this price. So nice I stayed an extra night.

• Small Double Room

The bedroom was cold, the carpets on the landing are gross, need changing, the landing/corridor stinks - bedrooms don't though! Food cheap rubbish - I didn't eat

The bed was comfy, the spare toilet is very clean

Theres nothing to dislike

Having stayed at the Phoenix guest house before i new what i was expecting excellent service and customer carem room was very clean and all facilities were above excellent standard as usual,..

• Reviewed: 15 June 2017

• Small Double Room

The little rubbish bins in the room could have been changed at least once a day. We were there 3 days and our bin was overflowing with water bottles!

The bed was so compfy! The power shower was like having a massage... Brilliant! And we loved having a shop just on the corner ☺👍

The breakfast only had an half hour slot between 9 and 9.30 am .

The staff are lovely and friendly and very efficient. The room was lovely and clean and the bed was so comfy!! Great location too .

• Reviewed: 10 June 2017

• Large Double Room

I honestly can't think of one thing I didn't like

Location was perfect but being a street away from the prom meant we weren't disturbed while sleeping. The gentleman owner was the perfect host. He was always on hand should you need him but also was never intrusive. Definitely would recommend this little gem. Spotlessly clean too

• Single Room with Shared Toilet

i thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Phoenix Guesthouse. The staff were very friendly and there was a lovely little selection of foods to choose from the continental breakfast. The bed was very very comfortable. No issues with my stay whatsoever. I would recommend the Phoenix Guesthouse to friends and family and next time i am in Blackpool i will definitely be staying there again :)

Picking up a stomach bug before travelling which meant I was confined to barracks for the first day after it manifested about 7am,thankfully 2 corner shops within 20 metres of the door. Hasten to add this was nothing whatsoever to do with the hotel

Located in a quiet area of Blackpool yet only yards from the seafront and within easy walking distance of all entertainment. Hotel policy of quiet time after 11pm deters stag/hen parties so guaranteeing not being disturbed at night in early hours

• Small Double Room

Stated online there was parking close by however didn't state was going to cost more money. When we got there we had to pay £12 for parking for 24 hours. Was £45 for double room which I felt with condition of bed in room 7 and noise when moving in bed was way over priced and rooms very small

The location of hotel was great for us.

• Large Double Room

Did not like idea that we had to go out for cooked breakfast to a little cafe. It was busy and had to wait a while. Asked for a room nearer to the ground due to bad mobility and had to walk up two set of stairs. There was no milk for tea but packet milk which was not very nice.

• Reviewed: 5 May 2017

nothing- everything was to our liking

It was a little gem of a find - perfect location and had all the little extras you could hope for - my breakfast preference is continental so didn't feel I was missing out on a full English. We enjoyed our stay so much we have booked again for June and have recommended it to some friends who have also booked in

• Reviewed: 16 April 2017

The guest house is in an excellent location and close to Sea Life which is were we had come to visit. The rooms were comfy and and clean. Great value. Would definitely stay again.

• Reviewed: 18 November 2016

The sink was very small with a cupboard above it making teeth cleaning tricky. Also the towels didn't seem to dry after use and so became musty. I suspect they are washed at a low temperature (as recommended these days) and this failed to remove the mustiness from them so even fresh towels were musty.

Fairly convenient location with 2 car parks close-by which have reasonable charges for multi-day stays (+ free street side parking close by on General St). The room was comfortable and the area was quiet. The breakfast good but there was also the option of a subsidised cooked breakfast at a nearby cafe. Plenty of power sockets & good wifi & friendly staff.

• Reviewed: 16 November 2016

• Large Double Room

The welcome not much chat between us and the proprietor, would have been better if they did a full breakfast

The room looked as the photos on the internet

• Reviewed: 9 November 2016

• Large Double Room

parking but that is not the hotels fault it is just the local charges are high.

The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. Hotel was in a prime location.

• Reviewed: 29 October 2016

• Large Single Room with Shared Toilet

Please turn the heating down on arrival

I booked as a solo traveler the room was about the right size but was not expecting a double bed the room had a shower tv alarm clock plus tea/coffee with kettel. for the price it wea 1st class and if I go back to Blackpool I would have no hesitation of booking again.

• Reviewed: 17 October 2016

• Small Double Room

Myself and my partner stayed in a double room, it was the smallest B&B room we've ever stayed in. Not enough room to swing a cat!! However it was only £45 for the night so didn't expect a penthouse. Powdered milk in the room is a no no. Excessive amounts of signs and 'polite notices'. We picked this hotel as it said "Breakfast included", this is not the case. It's toast/cereal/yoghurt. No fry up or hot breakfast in sight! For 4 hungover twenty somethings this was devastating!! The breakfast area is so small everyone is practically sat on top of each other. I stood on a guys foot twice :/

Comfy bed Cheap room Location good

• Reviewed: 8 October 2016

Nothing I don't like. Everything beautiful in hotel

Need add full English breakfast in hotel and times need be early than 9am to 9.30am but that fine

• Reviewed: 4 October 2016

The discount card given was incomplete/out of date and did not work at one of the attractions which is a bit embarrassing when trying to claim discount.

A simple comfortable quiet spot to rest up on a weekend visit.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2016

• Small Double Room

Would have liked free or cheaper parking, but the car park right next to the hotel was £12 for 48 hours which wasn't too bad really. Room was small, but was all you needed.

The room was so clean! Not a speck of dust anywhere. The bed was super comfy. Location was great, 5-10 minute walk from the tower and main streets. Convinience store literally next door to buy cold drinks and bits and bobs. Nice and quiet, helpful friendly staff too. Great value for money.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2016

• Large Double Room

Wifi is perhaps trivial to some people, but quite important to me! Because we stayed on the top floor the WiFi didn't work all the time (it didn't work well when other people were using the wifi), but when going down one floor or using it in the breakfast room on the ground floor it worked great.

Very good value for money as room was nice and clean, the continental breakfast was good, excellent location, very close to beach and city centre.

• Reviewed: 28 August 2016

The shower cycled from very hot to very cold in a second! The water pressure was really low so it took me ages just to get clean and avoid getting burns. Finally figured it out after 4 tries though.

The staff were only seen at check-in and occasionally at breakfast to top up the scones.

• Reviewed: 18 August 2016

• Double Room with Shared Toilet

Hot breakfast choice but that's the only thing everything else was lovely

Room lovely very comfy location great lovely staff. Would definitely stay again

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

The hotel was clean and quiet, the service was friendly. I enjoyed the full english breakfast in the Wexford Diner. It was a great weekend in Blackpool, we will return next year.

• Reviewed: 9 August 2016

• Single Room with Shared Toilet

Nothing not to like at all, returning next year, booked n paid for already.

Great people, clean room, only a basic breakfast included, but the cafe round the corner they recommend is first class.

• Reviewed: 6 August 2016

• Single Room with Shared Toilet

Wi-fi didn't work. Not told about discount card. Woken up by next door at 6.30am due to room being next to outside smoking area.

Location not far from the beach,car parks or town center. Spacious single room with a shower and wash basin. Good if you only want a small breakfast or none at all. Clean and comfortable room as well. Good value for money.

• Reviewed: 2 August 2016

• Small Double Room

Within very close walking distance to the seafront, North Pier and Blackpool North station. Staff were friendly, helpful, knowledgeable about the local area, including events and laid out a nice breakfast spread every morning.

• Reviewed: 31 July 2016

no complaint's

not far from train station, short walk to central pier, comfy bed tv ,kettle, continental breakfast provided, staff very helpful, would go again.

• Reviewed: 7 July 2016

I didn't realise it wasn't a cooked breakfast it was only Continental , but my fault for not reading small print

Staff was very friendly, the room was lovely

• Single Room with Shared Toilet

Great location and comfortable room for a single nights stay

• Single Room with Shared Toilet

nothing every thing was perfect

the location and very good securityr

• Single Room with Shared Toilet

Not having a toilet in your room ,even though i knew this before i booked.In the room was a shower though.

The location & value for money.

Very clean and comfortable

• Small Double Room

I disliked absolutely Everything. Including the staff. DO NOT RECOMMEND EVER.

I liked absolutely nothing about this place.

• Small Double Room

Breakfast doesn't include English breakfast, my room was very noisy and not really clean

Good location, good price

It was a break

Rubbish cop out lazy breakfast

Location was fine

• Small Double Room

All was good - can't find a negative

Excellent cafe next door - obtain a discount (purchase) voucher from hotel - lovely full English breakfast.

• Single Room with Shared Toilet

Good size room for single occupant with shower and tea coffee facilities

• Single Room with Shared Toilet

Friendly staff & a pleasant stay. Very clean B&B.

Shower was a little cramped and poor water pressure

Lovely staff, comfortable room and quiet at night

• Single Room with Shared Toilet

Comfy bed and excellent location. Pleasant staff and great value

• Single Room with Shared Toilet

Could leave a continental breakfast for early risers. But still good value.

Clean and quite. Near to sea front.

• Large Double Room

Good friendly atmosphere, easy walking distance to sea front

Beds were very comfy manager was very nice and helpful

Very clean and comfortable.

Location excellent

Nothing I didn't like

Location breakfast everything really

• Small Double Room

The bath towels were too small.

Very convenient. Almost everything was very good.

it could have been cleaner

the bed was comfy

Nice and comfortable.

Convenient.

Clean, tidy and pleasant staff. Would definatley return. Great value for the price.

Could have been longer time for breakfast 30 min 'window' only

Fruit for the breakfast

How close we were to everything

• Large Double Room

The rooms where lovely and comfy and very clean. The staff where really helpfully couldn't ask for more.

Room smaller than expected

The convenience of it near to sea front Breakfast was lovely