Reviews of Klikaway 3 stars

Bath Road, Bournemouth, BH1 2NN, United Kingdom

#43 of 79 hotels in Bournemouth

I felt the lift was far to small for purpose just about enough room for 1 person and maybe one suitcase also i think double rooms with showers for disabled should be on the 1st or ground floors not on top floor

I liked the breakfast very much and room was nice and clean

Could’ve done with a electric fan as room got very warm of an evening.

Room was extra clean upon arrival, very comfy bed and great choice of complimentary tea and coffee.

The choices for the breakfast are limited. For some reason my room had very slim pillows it had 4 on my double bed and when stacked on top of each other barely made the thickness of 1.5 pillows!!!!

Value for money is superb. Newly renovated very clean, staff are great and friendly.

• Small Double Room

Rooms really stuffy. We did go to reception and they supplied us with a fan which made it much better.

Good location. Liked the breakfast. Friendly staff.

• Small Double Room

Didn't like the curtains in our room. They did not keep the sun light out and our room was on the side where the sun rises so 2as woken by sun light the 2 morning we was there at 5 or 6am

Very friendly staff,amazing breakfast and the place is very fresh and clean. The price was outstanding.

• Private Room Sleeps 4

The bathroom hasn’t been cleaned I really had a problem with the toilet. The mattress were hard as a stone. And of course it was a hostel that’s why it was really loud outside of my door. My kids were in bed by 8 and I could hardly sleep. There was no butter or jam for breakfast and the cups& glasses wasn’t very clean.

The hostel was in a very good location! The staff was super friendly and the price was affordable. The breakfast wasn’t bad neither.

• Small Double Room

Having stayed at other hotels in bournemouth this one is great value very clean, helpful staff and great breakfast. I always stay here now and will not change.

• Small Double Room

Solid beds, uncomfortable and hard to fall asleep on. Parking charges extremely high and shouldn’t even be a thing and car park was difficult to park in without blocking others in.

Friendly and helpful staff, clean and simple room. Wasn’t able to hear any noise from other rooms. Amount of noise from road was high but wasn’t a major problem and is unavoidable in busy area. Close to main town and beaches, short distance to pubs and restaurants, all walkable. Big enough bed for two tall adults in small double room.

• Family Room

The bathroom shower had a problem. The room we booked into, the water was very hot so it was very difficult to bath. My husband called the receptionist for the hotel and explained about the shower. The receptionist came upstairs and swapped our room. The room we were swapped into was a very big room but we still had the same problem of the shower. The water was very hot and the shower was broken so it wasn't easy to bath my son as the water was very hot. There were no mops to clean the floor after bathing as the bath tend to be moist and watery. Lastly, around 2am the other guests were very noise and drunk so we couldn't sleep.

The hotel was very clean and the staff was very welcoming especially a male staff who served us in the evening (9/6/18) he was very helpful. Breakfast was brilliant and was worthy for the money. In addition the hotel is close to the beach and near town centre. However, we were glad with our stay and we would stay again. I can recommend anyone who need some where is closer to the beach, lovely rooms, understanding staff and near town centre. I would say thank you to the lady the receptionist who swapped our room overnight, she was so understanding.

• Small Double Room

Unfortunately we went to the bar to have a drink on our 1st night yo be told only had bottles of Becks beer not her on tap or wine. They had not had a delivery. Popped in on the 2nd night bar looked the same so went elsewhere.

Brillant location, ok sized room, comfortable bed and nice clean and well laid out bathroom. Breakfast was very good value for money.

I don’t like the toilet roll right next to the toilet it was uncomfortable when using toilet. Because the shower room was small it was difficult for me to use toilet with toilet roll situated there. If it was placed in a different area then that would of been perfect

• Private Room Sleeps 4

Bathroom it was clean however there was no lock on the door , sliding door. The sink was a hand washing one and tiny space for the toilet seating area!

We only stayed one night. It was clean and comfortable beds. Breakfast was good too.

Bed uncomfortable. Rubbish under bed. No fan and kept asking all week and never had one said they had alll been given out even though people leaving all the time. Realised on leaving I think on booking had paid a little more for a slightly bigger room but on wLlinh past other rooms when door open to be cleaned others seemed bigger. Another couple said they had found used condoms under there bed 😩

Room modern and clean

The staff were lovely... So welcoming and always greeted us with a smile. Breakfast was delicious... A lovely touch to have it served to you rather than "help yourself"

It was very basic for the price they were charging. Also on the last day the chef all on his own clearly needed help as he could handle the amount of people a suggestion would be whem taking the order once done call out the room number so people are not getting confused with other peoples breakfast. I had to wait 20 min for mine and husbands as he was busy with everyone else and forgot. Almost making us late for our spa appointment we had booked.Also theres no lamps in the room. Had to leave bathroom light om with the door as the room was to bright to leave thought lights on.

It was very clean

• Small Double Room

Very little place for clothes, although there was some hangers, there was a little place to put your things apart of desk drawers. Could do with some additional coat hangers.

Staff was incredibly helpful and nice. Room was good size and very clean.

The room was clean although the head board on the bed needs a good clean as we could see horrible dirty hand prints all over it!!! Also we had to pay to park the car! Hotel parking should be free!

Breakfast was nice, the hotel was quiet and really close to the beach. The bed was comfortable although the head board needs a good clean as we could see horrible dirty hand prints all over it!

• Private Room Sleeps 4

Our stay was quite enjoyable. The hotel staff were fabulous and the lady at the reception was absolutely fantastic (sadly she wasn’t available as at my checkout time to obtain her name).

• Private Room Sleeps 4

The room was so hot especially with 4 people in there. tiny windows provided no ventilation at all. Was almost suffocating.

Breakfast was really nice. Staff were friendly. Really clean and tidy

Bunk beds !!

It was basic but clean & staff were very friendly, the chief went out of his way to accommodate my daughter who is vegan & they even had soya milk for her tea !

The initial room we were given was very bare, looked unfinished and certainly did not look like the rooms advertised on the website. The bathroom was unclean and very small. However, the room we were moved to was fantastic. My only niggle was the blind in the room window did not block all of the light that came in - this woke us up on both days!

The lady who checked us in was extremely friendly and did everything she could to make sure we had an enjoyable stay. On arrival we were very disappointed with the room we got, but were quickly given other options and rooms to stay in. She was so lovely and honestly seemed to care about us having a great stay. Thank you! The room size was fantastic!

That I booked in January and didn’t get told about a deposit until the day before travelling up to Bournemouth! When asked on the phone to speak to the manager I was told she was busy

The receptionist Charlotte was absolutely amazing! Couldn’t do more to help you even if she tried! Lovely woman!

• Small Double Room

Great couple of nights stay! Shower didn't work amazingly, though I did enjoy having a bath instead! (the problem was sorted very swiftly) Would definitely stay again!

• Family Room

My daughter fell over in bathroom. I don't know who should have had the common sense, your staff or myself. (But she wants to come back) Seemingly very Conciderate.

Precious lift. Being able to leave whatever time for ciggie/other means. The walk being all downhill to the beach. Regular bus. Being able to leave luggage and enjoying last day. Card and not key. Downe syndrome daughter said how much she loved it surprizingly. Discount breakfast although we don't get to taste it til next time.

• Private Room Sleeps 4

Booked a family room which turned out to be two metal bunk beds. No wardrobes in the room just 4 small lockers. Room didn’t have any TV or tea and coffee making facilities. Very noisy road next to the hotel so not great for a long stay but bearable for one night stopover.

Reception area modern and very clean. Very polite and friendly staff.

Breakfast not being able to help yourself.

This is one of the most friendliest hotels I have stayed at in a while all the staff especially on reception were so lovely and extremely helpful. I would highly recommend staying here and wouldn't hesitate to use this hotel again. It all also in an ideal location quiet but short walk to shops bars and beach.

• Private Room Sleeps 2

It was a strange mixture of traditional old style guesthouse with very basic youth hostel type bunk beds. My mattress kept sliding off the frame

Location for sea front

• Private Room Sleeps 2

I was told I had booked a double room with a bunk bed! This was not confirmed to me by Booking and I had to pay extra to have a room with a normal bed. The receptionist said that the photo in the booking process was correct, but quite honestly, who looks at many photos when booking? If the confirmation had said BUNK bed, then I would have changed it.

Central location, easy to park (albeit 8GBP per day)

There wasn't much I didn't like but there was a privacy concern unless my girlfriend made a mistake. She said another person had accidentally gained access to our room though they realised it was the wrong room and shut the door quietly. It may have been a member of staff though not sure. May have been a mistake by my end by ensuring the latch wasn't on. Wouldn't let this put you off though as stated this may have been my fault by not ensuring the latch was on.

Staff were fantastic and the room size exceeded expectations as did the the room decor. Might be wrong aswell but it was a pleasant surprise that the wooden flooring was heated too! Location was excellent too being 10 minutes from the beach and about 5 from the shops. Would recommend to anybody who wants a little place near the beach without paying anything extortionate.

• Small Double Room

Unfortunately we have to report our room had evidence of bed bugs. Bites. Black bits in bed etc. On the plus side we got a full refund (well after some effort it had to be said)

Between our party we booked 4 rooms, 2 of the 4 rooms which cost more to book ended up being the older rooms, the 2 other rooms that didn't cost as much where newly renovated. Stairs and hallway floors where very noisy. The payment for my room was taken out twice in 2 different company names, this was refunded but shouldn't of happened in the first place.

The staff were friendly, the hotel is very clean. Beds where comfy.

I booked this room because the description said ALL the rooms had been renovated and were modern with 32" flat screen TVs. Our room was dated, dirty carpet and had a tiny square TV in a corner which was too far away to watch. Asked at reception and was told ours was an old room that was due for refurbishment. Felt it had been falsely advertised, nothing like what I'd booked. To be fair to them they gave us some money back in the end but it wasn't the lovely stay in a clean modern room we'd hoped for.

Within walking distance of town and seafront. Bar area/lounge looked nicely decorated but we didn't use it.

• Private Room Sleeps 4

Fire alarm going off in the morning. But that was only due to someone else nothing to do with the actual hotel or staff

Really close to everything that we needed.

on the website the description for a standard double room stated that there would be a 32 inch tv, when we arrived to the room the tv was very small and old fashioned. The bar was a let down, and breakfast was not a full english like stated. There were only 2 cereal choices and only had orange and apple juice.There was an extra charge of £8 for parking for one night which should come complimentary as part of the stay. The walls are very thin so can hear other guests conversations and the floor boards are very creaky throughout. This hotel is more like a hostel and the only modern part was the reception. The rooms were old and looked nothing like the photo or description on the website. Definitely will not be staying here again. 100% not worth £100 for one night!

The lounge and reception area was very modern, and the staff were lovely. The hotel is about a 15 minute walk to the beach and local shops and is easily accessible.

• Small Double Room

Musty smell when you entered the room, having to pay for parking at hotel site, due to a private party going on were unable to buy a drink when we returned to hotel at 10.30 before retiring to our room, not even able to put it on our room tab, got the impression it was too much trouble.

Able to check in earlier than the stated time.

• Private Room Sleeps 4

Room was VERY basic. Did not have any extra facilities. Did not realise when booking that the room was going to be as basic as it was. Very disappointed!

Staff were helpful when I questioned the facilities.

Staff weren’t very hospitable and were quite rude. Agreed verbally on the phone due to their error to add breakfast to our booking but on arrival refused and denied this. £300 deposit paid on arrival incase of any damages. Absolutely no intention of returning this money to us with dreadful and inaccurate reasoning. Rooms weren’t at all adequate, much too small. No apart from one tiny locker to put clothes. Toilet space was tiny leaving two of our room having to use the hotels toilet downstairs as there physically wasn’t the space to use the toilet. If you’re planning on staying in Bournemouth in a group or for more than one night then avoid this hotel.

Location was good.

• Small Double Room

Shower water pressure was weak, and sound proofing could be added, another guest coughed for 30 mins continually at 7.30 am!!

Was good location and easy to find, staff were very welcoming, room was clean, comfy, great bathroom,

• Private Female Room Sleeps 8

Would have been great to have a few chairs and small table in the room and tea/coffee making facilities. Few extra coat hooks would have also been helpful.

Absolutely great for our family trip to Bournemouth. 4 generations aged from 2 to 81!! Wonderful to all be able to sleep in one room, so much fun! The grandchildren aged 2,3 and 4, aunties, nanny, granddad, great granddad - everyone loved it! The Plaskett family xx

• Small Double Room

The room was really small and the bathroom very old while the picture on the website showed a nicer and modern room and bathroom. Moreover, the room was really cold and the mattress was too soft and quite uncomfortable to have a nice and relieving sleep.

My wife and I were very happy for the welcoming in this Hotel. The girl at the reception who welcomed us on Saturday 31st of March was extremely attentive and kind as she gave us all the information we needed with really good manners. The quality of the breakfast was good and the boy who served us was also very kind and friendly. Moreover, the position of the Hotel is very convenient because of its proximity to the train station, the bus stop and the seaside.

• Small Double Room

The lift is the scariest one I have ever seen! The room was old,but adequate. The bathroom was not pleasant, and very dishevelled. Not a good experience.

The staff were helpful and breakfast adequate.

Our room's heating didn't work and the tap in the bathroom shower enclosure was broken so we couldn't take bath. But upon asking from the reception staff she helped us with a mobile heater in the room. We had 2 rooms booked and she was kind enough to provide one in each room. There were no water bottles available and no means of communication in the room, so if you have to ask or call reception, you have to walk all the way down or use a very scary old lift. Since our stay was short, so it's ok. But lil improvement won't hurt.overall we were happy and ok with the service provided for one night stay.

Staff was really helpful.

• Small Double Room

Breakfast with sausage under cooked hair on plate rubber bacon never went the next morning for breakfast , beer pumps with no beer just warm bottles it’s like hostel so much noise early hours in morning , maybe that’s clientele they want not for us and never again .

The staff in reception should be more well-informed about transportation in the city. We asked how to get Old Harry Cliffs with public transportation, and got the answer that there is no public transportation. In our return way from cliffs, unfortunately we realized there is a bus passing in front of our hotel. That costed us for three hours.

Location of the hotel is very good. Inside decoration of building is also so cute.

• Private Female Room Sleeps 6

Very small, shower didn't work, towels were tiny, room was tiny, no TV in room, no tea and coffee facilities in room ,beds were hard we all ached only one plug socket had to pay a bond even tho it says when 6 or more people stay we had 5 people

Staff were friendly, good breakfast

Rooms far to small, bunk beds not very sturdy double bed move to much on wheels with wooden flooring

Friendly service, great shower room, great breakfast

• Small Double Room

Didn’t like that they charged for parking,

Staff were friendly, room was clean and comfortable, breakfast was good Location was close to everything we needed

• Small Double Room

In the breakfast area, have a coffee machine that is working, plus instructions on how to use it.

Excellent breakfast. Very friendly helpful staff. Comfortable bed with 2 pillows each. However, we were surprised we had to pay £5:00 to park the car in the private parking area.

• Private Room Sleeps 4

Bathroom was clean and tidy but the shower was less than powerful.. we had to unscrew the shower head to create more of a hose pipe to be able to wash our hair. Only thing wrong.

Perfect for four friends meeting up after months

• Small Double Room

Quite noisy from other guests returning at all hours and doors banging - room was not carpeted which probably added to the noise level?

Staff were all excellent

Not much parking, lift is very small, noisy until early hours of the morning, room quite cold and bed not very comfortable.

There isn't anything positive I can put.

The bedrooms outdated bathroom dirty, payed for breakfast extra, advertised on booking.com as breakfast included, smallest plate breakfast, made for you, not help your self

Nice staff

• Family Room

Having to pay to park there when I wasn’t told that before, it only says parking is on a first come first served basis.

Beds were very comfy, bathroom was amazing!!

• Private Room Sleeps 4

Beds uncomfortable. One thin pillow. You have to pay £5 for parking when you arrive. Did not know this. Me and friends came in two cars and could've planned for one.

Close to town and restaurants and bars. Clean rooms and well prepared.

• Small Double Room

Everything in the room was clean and tidy, as it wasnt busy they upgraded our room to a standard double instead of the small double free of charge! and we had breakfast included which had loads of food to eat and we were even offered seconds, absolutely excellent!

• Small Double Room

The young dark haired lady front of house was amazing and very accommodating, after having a drama with a hotel we were meant to be staying in that night. We came and explained to the lady our situation. She is such a asset to the hotel. Nothing was too much trouble she made our stay very good. Would defiantely be coming back there. Nothing beats helpful kind staff!

There was a confusion with the breakfast and the knob of the radiator was broken so we weren't able to change the temperature of the room.

Cosy, simple room, lovely modern bathroom and completely spotless. A very brief walk to the sea and town centre, very near a cat cafe too which was fabulous as I have always wanted to go to one. Would definitely come back.

The rooms though newly re-furbished are a little bleak. The shower was ok but if you prefer a bath we were told there are no rooms with baths. Be aware failure to hand back your room card is met with a £5 fine.

The hotel is just ten minutes easy downhill walk to the pier and sandy beaches. The lift, though small, works ok. Breakfast eggs were cooked to order. Parking onsite is easy in an area where parking can be a problem but costs £5 per night.

I am being very picky but it was hard to fill the kettle (supplied in the room) as it was too big for the bathroom sink!

The whole place was clean and fresh, the staff were genuinely polite and helpful and the booking in was quick and easy. The room was spotless and the bed was comfy. The bathroom was also spotless and having shower gel and hand soap in wall mounted dispensers was a nice touch. We paid £64 for a Saturday night stay in December which was great value for the quality and location.

• Small Double Room

The hotel was centrally located and the room was nice and spacious, very comfortable and warm. The bathroom was perfect too. I'll come back when I next plan my stay in Bournemouth again.

• Private Room Sleeps 4

Mattress not great , couldn’t have done a second night on it , person sleep on top bunk had terrible night sleep as whole thing creaked loudly with the slightest of movement

Great location , two bunk beds for four people can’t complain with such good value

• Small Double Room

The only thing missing were hooks, to hang your Dressing gown on in the Bathroom and to hang your towel on in the Bathroom

Excellent Location. Clean and Comfy Room. Very friendly and helpful staff

Quite noisy (I was waken up by the spinning cycles of the washing machines of the hotel all over during the night). Bathroom felt a little bit old, but it was within the standards of British housing.

Good value for money. Perfect location for access to the city. Instant coffee in the room.

Lift. If you have heavy luggage request ground floor room.

All requirements in the room,desk,armchair and comfortable bed. Tea/coffee replenished daily.

• Private Female Room Sleeps 8

The hangover I had in it the next day!

The bed boxes were a great hit with everyone (who it was a surprise for), and it was perfectly placed for our night out in the town. We also had a very polite and friendly security man who let us in at 5am. And with 7 of us paying for the room it was great value for money between us.

The only negative thing for me was the lift. My stay otherwise was very enjoyable and would stay there again.

I arrived at 1.30 and the room was ready for me although check in time was 2.30 .That was a bonus.Quick and efficient check in.The room 201 was spotless and was pleased that it had a bath.The only negative thing was it was very near to the lift and was quite noisy .the lift door opening and closing and people talking whilst waiting for it. T

No air con or temperature control in room which was very hot. Patrons using the front entrance steps of hotel as smoking shelter blocking steps of people trying to check in! Hotel should provide smoking shelter away from entrance.

Clean room and comfortable bed. Pillows bit too soft. Reception staff friendly.

• Small Double Room

Very modern and lovely rooms. The mattress in my room did not go well with my back and caused a bit of back pain. When i brought this to the attention of the staff they straight away moved me to a different room with a different mattress. Brilliant service

• Private Room Sleeps 4

Room was very sparse, just beds and lockers in room, no wardrobe to hang anything in if required and nowhere to sit in the room except for on the beds , could have done with a couple of chairs.

Friendly staff, very easy to find and plenty of parking on site. Town centre and seafront about a 10 minute walk away.

The position of the door to the single room was by the stairwell and door to all other rooms. The flow of traffic via the stairs and the door opening and closing was noisy and disturbing until late and from very early in the morning.

For the price the room was very good value for the size and the level of cleanliness was extremely good. Staff were accommodating and polite.

Friendly efficient staff. Large double room with plenty of space and storage. Very clean. Housekeeping excellent. Large TV. Early breakfast (7-10 am). Quiet room (did not hear any slamming of doors).

My 8 month pregnant partner and I were kept up from 2am until 4.30am by a couple arguing in the room next to ours. Staff were very apologetic the next morning but offered nothing to make up for our lack of sleep and distress having felt it necessary to confront the couple myself at which point I was met with abuse. The shower lacks power and began to drip heavily in the middle of the night forcing me to get out of bed and lay the shower head at the bottom of the unit.

Staff were very welcoming and easy to talk to. Breakfast was nice, relaxed self serve atmosphere with much to choose from.

Noise from stag and hen parties all night so no chance of any sleep. Also noise of traffic through windows all night as well. Won’t be staying here again.

• Private Room Sleeps 4

The walls were paper thin, we heard every word, cough and movement from the next room, it ruined our weekend as everyone was tired having not slept a wink. We had to pay £ 5.oo to park. one of the phone chargers didn't work and the sockets made a hideous buzzing sound all night.

The breakfast was acceptable but not great for £8.99 extra. The shower and bathroom were a decent size and clean.

• Private Female Room Sleeps 8

The breakfast was amazing both full English and continental! The room was brilliant and all 8 of us managed to stay for 3 nights with plenty of room to move around. The staff were sooo friendly and gave us maps with plenty of places to visit highlighted. For £64 for 3 nights we could not have gone wrong best hotel and great value for money!!!

Browse Klikaway traveller photo gallery