Reviews of Legacy Preston International Hotel 3 stars

Marsh Lane, Preston, PR1 2YF, United Kingdom

#4 of 15 hotels in Preston

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

The bed was really comfy.

I liked everything

The bed was really comfy. A lot of room in the bedroom Good to have an iron and ironing board in the room as we travel from Lancaster Check out time was perfect

• Reviewed: 6 October 2018

My day wasn't bad at all, friendly staff especially the guy at the reception who was very friendly.

My coffee cups were not quiet clean. My bed has someone else hair The Wc was not 100% clean and I feel like someone just move out and the cleaning service didn't make the room clean like it was supposed to be. May be they forgot it.

Security was extremely good

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Staff friendly and helpful, room quite comfortable and very...

Breakfast. Not the most appetising and could be better. The decor is a bit dated, even for a business traveller!

Staff friendly and helpful, room quite comfortable and very clean. Bathroom pristine. Good value for this price range.

Hidden gem

This hotel really did meet my expectations. Took a risk and booked with a hotel I’d not heard of but I really was impressed. Service was great, room was simple but perfect , clean , friendly staff , nice breakfast, couldn’t have asked for more.

see above.

Lighting not good over the desk (no lamp and lamps close not bright enough hard to position so light shines on desk) and lamp in other corner was really good/bright and adjustable but could not be moved to the desk (fixed to socket) so I needed to study on a small, round occasional table to have sufficient light. It became too hot at one point (usually I like it warm but I was trying to study/cram for an exam next day - and I need quiet/silence whilst studyiung so from nagging kids and whining pets so I was getting tired whilst studying but the air conditioning couldn't be adjusted.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

The accommodation was quite nice and comfy - the quality of...

The food for the breakfast meal was not very good, especially scrambled eggs.

The accommodation was quite nice and comfy - the quality of water from the North is very good!

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

Brilliant weekend had a really good relaxing stay.

All the staff where really friendly and check in was really easy. The late check out time of 12 O'clock was brilliant and we didn't have to rush the next morning. Would definitely use the hotel again.

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

Ideal position for helping my son settle into Uclan

The bed was a little too soft The lack of air-con made the room uncomfortable through the night. The post code in the sat nav took me to the lane up the road from the hotel and, as it’s one way, we had to find our way around the roads to get to the hotel.

Staff were very polite and helpful Food in restaurant was good

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

a different room and it would have been fine

The room backed onto railway tracks which was lit all night and shone through the curtains, the door had bright light from outside shining underneath all night too. Other than those two things it was ok.

Close to town centre.

Set on a non descript back street. No views. Hotel ugly from the outside. Inside is a perfectly pleasant hotel with a good location. Breakfast was £15 so went to a ‘spoons instead.

Close to town centre. Friendly check in. Perfectly functional

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Very clean room, very little traffic noise on floor 5.

Felt a little bit too hot for me, perhaps due to heated towel rail being on constantly.

Very clean room, very little traffic noise on floor 5. Body wash and shampoo excellent. Excellent breakfast choices. 'Girls' on reception extremely welcoming, polite and helpful.

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Comfortable hotel offering great value for money

The hotel was a little hard to find due to the ridiculous one way system but thats not the hotels fault. There was a fire alarm that went off randomly about 19:00 which have me just enough time to get dressed and grab my phone and car keys then it went off, which was a little disconcerting.

Big comfy quiet room with a huge comfy bed and a proper bath. No extra cost for WIFI or parking which was great at the rate I paid. I would recommend this hotel to others.

A very enjoyable stay in a place I needed to be and conveniet of the train and bus station.

I didn't like my room's proximity to the road as it was noisy but I accept that was the location and could not be helped.

There was a good choice of food for breakfast and the help yourself buffet meant that I did not have to wait for food- it was quick and convenient for me.

Great location, clean, but a bit pricey for what it is

The lighting in the room was mostly that horrible florescent lighting which is blue toned so not good for winding down and going to sleep. Same in the bathroom. The food menu in the restaurant was very boring so I went out to eat most of the time.

The bed was really comfortable and the breakfast was delicious with a great selection of hot and cold options.

Great location and staff but too hot and very noisy from dual carriageway next to hotel

Room stiflingly hot and the main reason I would not stop again but also the following points; Broken cistern in toilet meant a continual trickling of water all night. Cobwebs on free standing lamp. Spotlight not working in bathroom. Basement restaurant corporate and soulless like the food served in there.

Speedy check in. On checking out I was informed my car had been hit by another guest who had left the hotel. The way the staff dealt with this was excellent and did not break any data protection laws, very impressed

Rom service breakfast, fast internet

I waited 2 hours to check in at 2 pm, my choice. Another guest came who waited about 15 mins, then approached by staff to say their room was ready. I had to approach the desk 10 mins past 2 to ask if my room was ready. I would have dealt with the situation differently if I owned the hotel.

Rom service breakfast, fast internet

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Room okay but very noisy and too hot

Very hot in room, would benefit from air conditioning. Unable to open window as located on very busy main road. Insufficient staff at night made it difficult getting in to the building late at night.

great value for money

could have made it clearer at the time of booking that there is a £100 deposit on arrival for cash paying guests

very clean, great facilities with everything you'd need for a good stay

Adequate parking.

Difficult to get to, due to neighbouring road layout. Meal took 25 minutes to arrive even though we were the only diners in the restaurant

Adequate parking. Spacious room plus a bath

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Awesome hotel...

There was nothing I disliked about this hotel

Very clean....friendly staff and I have never slept in such a comfy bed...i wasnt expecting such a nice hotel for the price ... I would definately stay again....and would recommend this hotel to everyone

Great value for money

This hotel is great value for money. The price was so low and the room was huge and really nice. A great place to stay to break the journey up when visiting the North from the South

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

smart city hotel

Smart hotel, just 10 min walk from railway station, shops and restaurants, or short taxi ride away. Very good sized room, Ideal for city centre business use or a base travelling around the county.

We didn't believe it was a disabled friendly Hotel.

Easier access for the disabled

We didn't believe it was a disabled friendly Hotel. Although the room was very nice and comfortable, we had a long way to walk to our room and this wasn't easy for us.

We had an efficient check in, a good nights sleep, a good breakfast and an effortless check out.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The only faux pas I encountered was when we were at breakfast I put a cup under the coffee machine, selected a cappuccino and it had a steaming hissy fit, fortunately the steamy milk didn't get me but the young lady sorted it out and brought me a cappuccino to our table once she had sorted the machine.

I received a call before the stay as I had not added the child's age to the booking details, the lady who called was very clear and well spoken. On arriving it was the same lady on the reception. The room was exceptionally clean, the towels and toiletries were all in place and the beds were immaculate. The following morning we went for our breakfast and it was all kept very well and tidy. The young lady on that morning was also very polite and courteous.

Overall very good. Just some experience with a member of staff put me off a little bit

Some of the staff could of been a little friendly. I went for breakfast one morning and was met by one of the staff member just in the kitchen chatting. She came out look my room number and that was basically it. Only after I have eaten from the continental meal did she come out and offer a cooked breakfast which I wasn’t no longer hungry for.

I liked the central location. The cleanliness was really good.

great location vocation

lack of pre info on breakfast,

Car parking facilities, location of hotel and effective efficient staff. For some reason we booked a room but with no breakfast, when we arrived we paid an extra £14 or so for 2 breakfasts. Both my wife and I agreed these were the best two hotel breakfasts we'd had in quite a while. Definitely recommend staying at this hotel.

Centrally located, free parking, clean and friendly staff,...

Bit awkward to find originally due to one way system but other than that all excellent.

Centrally located, free parking, clean and friendly staff, will use again.

Short stay in Preston.

Dated accommodation and bathrooms need updating, holes in bed sheets.

The location in Preston is great, near the train station and city centre. The accommodation was clean and beds very comfortable. Booking in was easy and hassle free. Great breakfast.

• Reviewed: 4 August 2018

It was clean tidy and the staff were very friendly in the...

When checking out I felt I was being questioned about where I was going how was I getting there was I driving it felt the receptionist was checking to see if I was ok to drive The other problem was not the hotels fault but really hard to find because of the road works

It was clean tidy and the staff were very friendly in the evening

A friendly and very clean hotel to stay in

As soon as we walked in, we could tell it was a nice hotel. Receptionist friendly and chatty. Willing to help. Room was lovely and quite spacious. Very close to pubs, restaurants and shops. Breakfast was more than we expected. Large choice of drinks and food. Overall it was a lovely stay. Will definitely stay again

As usual we enjoyed our stay here.

As usual we enjoyed our stay here. Nice and clean, the parking and location are a big bonus. However the previous management encouraged a personal booking experience which always included a decent breakfast. These days booking.com is approximately £10 cheaper. No biggy but, it doesn’t seem the best of business solutions to me.

Absolutely lovely staff & very- would highly reccommend

The only thing I was slightly disappointed about was that breakfast didn't start until 7 and I unfortunately had to leave before this time, if this could have been pushed back to 6:30 during the week for us commuters/business trippers then it would have been the perfect stay!!

The staff were incredibly lovely - Yolanda in particular was my server for dinner and could not have been more friendly, helpful or attentive. I unfortunately didn't catch the other lady's name working that night who checked me in, but she was very swift about the whole process and answered all of my questions efficiently and professionally. I felt very welcome. Dinner was good too and the bed was incredibly comfy!! Having never heard of this chain of hotels before, I will definitely be looking at returning!

Preston isn't the best place to go for a night out

Found hair clips on floor next to bed so obviously not been vacuumed properly as they weren't mine, breakfast was good but the girl working in the dining room had an attitude problem with everyone, and the bar is over priced 10.50 for a glass of wine

The parking is free the bed was comfy and room is spacious and has every thing needed, bathroom is really nice and plenty of mirrors and good lighting

Won't stay here ever again

When we arrived to the room it was incredibly hot. There is no aircon in the rooms and you are supplied with a small fan. To windows hadn't been opened so the room was uncomfortably hot and impossible to cool down with the fan provided. On our way down to reception the lift broke down and we were stuck inside for about 10 minutes. During this time none of the staff came to ask if we were ok and it was only the fact our friends were there that stopped my girlfriend from having a panic attack. Our friends suggested that we were given a free drink at the very least which was only offered when the member of staff saw how upset my girlfriend was. We made a complaint via email and the response was very dismissive and unsympathetic.

Breakfast was nice

Ideal location in city centre at a budget price but take some ear plugs

Second visit and depending which side of the hotel you are put in will make a difference. First visit was the university side which is quiet but this time I was on the ring road side it is was extremely noisy. I went out and bought ear plugs. Really busy road and those blasted Ambulances like to make lots of noise.

Really handy for the location I was working for a few days. Free parking at site was very handy compared to another hotel nearby with no parking.

Had a lovely stay thanks x

Wish could have had a later check out time x

What a lovely place your colleagues were really nice and soooo happy to help us x nothing was to much trouble thanks had a lovely stay x

Wouldn’t go back.

Bed uncomfortable, rooms very dusty. Dodgy light in room 314. Rooms too hot. Too much noise from the road. Breakfast was inedible.

The man on the reception at night was lovely

Comfortable but could have been better

There needs to be two chairs to allow reading or sitting to watch TV. The bathroom needs an additional handle to assist to get out of the bath/shower

Stayed for Graduation, thought hotel was excellent, would recommend

nothing, no complaints

Very close to city centre and University, friendly welcome, free parking, free internet, comfy bed, tea and coffee and biscuits in room, very clean.

Good room size, friendly staff

There was only one bed sheet on the bed. No mattress protector. The kettle had limescale on the spout and inside.

The size of the room, very friendly and attentive staff. There was an issue with the TV and a staff member came up to my room straight away and sorted it. The breakfast was great, huge selection and lots of veggie options.

Convenience of location for the hotel.

The one way street at the entrance to the hotel meant it was difficult to get straight to the hotel.

Convenience of location for the hotel. Hoos breakfast. Helpful staff.

Graduation!!

Signage to the hotel was non existent and no plug points by the bed for phone charging.

The staff were absolutely brilliant, I can't thank them enough for making the stay so enjoyable.

Exceptional value

The breakfast could be a little warmer and the breakfast lounge is a little boring however you are advised you may have a takeaway cup which is a bonus

Parking is free and the location is only a few minutes walk away from town and sits on the edge of UCLAN We have used consistently over the three years our son was at university and will use. If we return to Preston

Changes needed

Beds were extremely soft and for this reason it was hard to fall asleep. We found a lot of dust around especially on lights. Also were was only 1 small towel and 1 large towel for 2 poeple

Staff were very friendly ans helpfully. Bathroom was cleane and tidy

Wonderful stay in a very clean, city centre hotel.

Perhaps it would have been good if we had mushrooms at breakfast.

The breakfast was really good. Help yourself buffet of both continental choices and full English. I asked for, and received, hard boiled eggs with my breakfast.

Perfectly nice stay, i’ll Be staying here again for further trips!

There was no Air conditioning in the room, the windows obviously don’t open wide so it was very warm. No mini bar in the room, would have been nice to have a mini fridge to keep drinking water in the room cool.

The staff were friendly. Location was great, close to everything-shops,train station,university, restaurants. Free parking for guests. Hotel was nice and quiet!

Really enjoyed my stay here.

Really enjoyed my stay here...very comfy room and good breakfast. Located very close to the train station and to my venue so that was a plus. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

Very enjoyable stay, great facilities, staff and location

Room was quite warm/hot. probably in part at least due to heat wave being experienced at the time. Unsure if anything can actually be done to resolve this other than air con in rooms, desk fan was available as part of room facilities which helped.

very professional looking hotel, staff and facilities

Central in Preston.

No air conditioning, which is really not a problem most of the year in Preston but happened to be there during a heat wave - there was a fan in the room but it was quite warm still. The bathroom towel rail didn’t seem to have an off switch and was very hot.

Central in Preston. Free parking. Great breakfast. Staff are very accommodating and friendly.

Excellent stay - exceeded our expectations

We received an extremely warm welcome on arrival. The receptionist, Juliane, was most helpful. We had arrived very early as we had an event to attend. Juliane confirmed we could park in the car park and even stored my keys in the safe to avoid me having to carry them around. On return that evening the staff were again helpful and welcoming (unfortunately I didn't note the male receptionists name). The room was clean and spacious. Breakfast was good and check out was quick.

It’s was a excellent hotel to stay, it’s was extremely clean...

It was not so much the property I didn’t like, it was more the one way system I went round 3 timed before I actually found the hotel. I think they should have a far bigger sign on the outside, little did I know I had past it twice because I couldn’t see the sign very well. One other thing was on the evening of my arrival after having had a lovely meal I had a nice relaxing bath. However the following morning I ran a bath, only to find there was only one large bath towel which a double room I would have thought there would have been at least 2 when I started to go to reception, some of the chambers maids where bust getting vacant rooms ready for next guest. I brought up to one of them about only having had one bath towel. She really was apologetic, and I do mean apologetic. She assured me there should have been 2 and it could only have been a mishap. She did however tell me I should have mentioned it to reception and they would have wasted no time in getting another. She could not apologise enough. I didn’t want to make a fuss to her or reception and I also felt she had apologised far too much and said, slight mistake happen and not to worry about it. However she made a note with a reassurance it would not happen again. I then felt bad for her and wish I had not really mentioned it, she genuinely to it to heart, I got the impression she was extremely proud of her work, hence me wishing I hadn’t said anything I most certainly was not complaining. I only mentioned it in passing.

It’s was a excellent hotel to stay, it’s was extremely clean, bright and airy. My room was quite large unlike some of the hotels I stayed at. The staff where brilliant food was good, nothing was too much of a effort for the staff. Very polite and caring. I was asked a few time if everything was ok, or did I need anything. The decor and colour scheme In the room was pleasant exceptionally clean. Going place to stay would definitely be staying there again and I highly recommend this hotel. In my rush to pack I had forgotten to pack shampoo and body wash, I was pleasantly surprised to find 2 of each in the bathroom witch was a nice surprise. They also sell toiletries at a reasonable amount, deodorant, tooth past and brushes etc, fortunately for me it was only shampoo and body wash I had forgotten. I found the Legacy hotel catered for almost every eventuality, to which I find rare these days in most hotels. I go up Preston way once a month so far I have spent each occasion in different hotels, now I have found the one that’s the best I will definitely be staying there from now on... plus the one way system I will no longer be going around it more than the once now to find it... lovely hotel and staff, ps breakfast was amazing.

Quite pleasant hotel near to city centre.

Evening meals were in an area near the main entrance, a cold draught every time people came in and out.. The first evening I had fish and chips, the fish was unappetising, I suggest a new supplier is found. Soup and pudding second evening very nice.

Spacious room, very comfortable bed. Staff very efficient in getting me taxis. Good selection at breakfast.

Ok for one night wouldn't stay longer

No air con in the room. Backs onto a busy road noisy if window left open. Breakfast poor but in fairness there was a large party in earlier.

Receptionist was polite and fairly central position

Breakfast was excellent.

It was summer, but the rooms (4th floor) were very hot, unable to open window more than a few cm's due to security strap; could do with air conditioning.

Breakfast was excellent..

Awful service throughout stay.

Awful service throughout stay. Staff on desk were rude and not very friendly or accommodating. Paid for breakfast on booking yet did not receive this - despite having written confirmation of booking. Room also extremely noisy at night - located beside a very busy road with significant traffic noise at night. Would not stay again or recommend.

Great value. No complaints with the hotel.

Cheaper drinks and a better view would be a bonus

Excellent value hotel, great location. Me and my friends meet up in Preston every year for a ‘uni’ reunion. The legacy never lets us down whilst taking a trip down memory lane :)

Excellent value for money.

The hotel was very clean and tidy with a great location right next to the university of central Lancashire. Ideal for picking up my daughter from her first year of study. The room was very big and comfortable and we had a lovely full English breakfast. The staff were friendly and attentive.

Windows not fit for purpose .

The windows are screwed shut and only open afew inches , which i understand is to stop people smoking, but as a none smoker i think its not to clever if there were to be a fire, also as an older ladie suffering from hot flushes and night sweats found this anoying .

Good location frendly staff , lovelly breakfast .

Comfortable stay in central convenient surroundings. Short walk to University and Train station

Good size room, although adjacent to noisy busy road. Brilliant staff; entertaining, helpful and appeared always to be in good spirits. Excellent location a short stroll from town centre, close to station. Would certainly use again and advise others to do so.

Best Hotel In Preston

Everything was top drawer

Location, facilities, breakfast and staff all excellent. 10min walk into the city centre, the staff were friendly and attentive. The room was spotlessly clean and well proportioned, the bed was very comfortable and the bathroom was light bright and clean with a very good shower. The breakfast was plentiful and well cooked and there restaurant was spacious and clean.

Just a short stopover , but very pleasant experience.

Staff, very warm, welcoming & efficient check in process. Breakfast was also very good. Room was very comfortable & had everything I wanted. I also liked the pride taken in the heritage of Leyland (Trucks) and the fire engine outside really is an interesting feature.

Overall good stay . Location was close to town which I loved .

I thought my room would have been cleaned whilst I was away but came back to a mess I had to clean myself . Could have done with a towel change .

I liked how we had free WiFi that was fast working . Staff were helpful and room was good size .

Handy for Town and free parking

A wee bit noisy but Preston is noisy!

Ideal location near town centre and free parking unlike a well known chain located close by. Bit more expensive than I would normally pay but was very close to where I needed to be next day and as the traffic in Preston is pretty bad happy to pay for the convenience.

I give the Lagacy

For the most part it was clean & comfortable. The chrome on the bath and shower had not been cleaned or polished but overall the bathroom the was clean enough. The bed was a tad soft, you could feel your partners every move, but it wasn't the worst bed I have slept in.

Location was excellent, breakfast was excellent, overall stay was good value for money. Overall cleanliness of the room and hotel common areas were clean.

Clean comnfortable and central - good value for money

The shower fitting was broken so that the shower head fell into the bath when I turned it off.

This is a good value basic hotel. Clean and comfortable - no frills, but a good size room with room to work in.

The double room was very spacious and the bed lovely and...

Waiting for taxi arrangements are a bit uncertain as the stop on the road and you have to be in the entrance lobby to see them arrive. Ok if you are a regular, but not if it’s your first time.

The double room was very spacious and the bed lovely and comfortable.

This was my second stay in this hotel. No complaints about anything

Comfortable bed. Good all you can eat breakfast (and option to have a hot beverage to take away afterwards). Courteous and helpful staff. Good location.

Friendly, comfortable and convenient

The bed was cosy and the hotel exceeded my expectations would definitely be back. Friendly staff and warming stay would recommend to anyone staying in Preston.

Generally enjoyed my stay. Nice breakfast, comfy bed and very clean throughout

Location was only negative as walj from town at night was through rough area.

All staff and I met eight, were very welcoming and friendly. Good breakfast with perfectly cooked bacon without the horrible white gunge.

Fine for the money we paid and good location close to the...

I had a disabled bathroom for some reason which was ok but not the most comfortable / convenient for someone who is not disabled - the bathroom was soaked after a shower because it was an open space.

Fine for the money we paid and good location close to the station.

Excellent Hotel & Staff when you can find it LoL.

The Directions were very bad, we arrived at 20.30 & didn't find the Hotel for another hour, we went passed it 5 times & when we stopped to ask people they didn't know where it was (we were actually outside it at one point) until the final person we asked. no Big sign outside to say it was Legacy Hotel (apparently it had been knocked down by a car) but you would have thought there would have been a temporary sign?

we had a Disabled room which was perfect, clean warm & all the creature comforts you need.

Comfortable, clean, stress free.

We are originally from Lancashire and have now found an excellent hotel to stay when we come back to visit family. The cleanliness, comfort and friendly staff make for a stress free stay. The free car parking in a city centre is a bonus. We will definitely stay again.

Excellent location and value for money. Good sleep.

Due to the central location, the hotel is sandwiched between the Preston ring road and Marsh Lane and can be noisy at times - though I found the ring road 'white' noise quite settling.

Excellent location. Good bedding gave a better nights sleep than many similar hotels. Good (but not excellent) breakfast.

We enjoyed our stay here before so glad we has the same...

We enjoyed our stay here before so glad we has the same again ,clean room with a comfy bed ,again didnt hear no noise from outside so slept well, plus plenty of choice at breakfast also staff are friendly, would defo stay here again when in the area

Always a pleasant stay; Pauline on reception pleasant and efficient as ever.

Have stayed here on numerous occasions over the last five years, and breakfast has always been included in the rate. This time, I was informed on arrival that the rate is now room only, but the info on booking.com states that breakfast is included. Recommend that this is changed as soon as possible!!!