Reviews of Preston Marriott Hotel 4 stars

Garstang Road, Broughton, Preston, PR3 5JB, United Kingdom

#6 of 13 hotels in Preston

PNE weekend
    • Deluxe Double Room

The welcoming staff upon arrival and nothing too much trouble ...great location and quality accommodation with good quality extensive range of food within the restaurant to spend a relaxing enjoyable weekend supporting PNE Thankyou we will be back

Staff lovely... room stinky and A/C unit really noisy!
    • Deluxe Double Room

The room smelled awful! It was obvious someone had been smoking in it... couldn’t get the windows open enough to get a good blow through of fresh air! Also the air conditioning unit was ridiculously noisy! But you couldn’t turn it off because the room was so hot!

Marriott staff were great! Booking.com’s description of the bedroom we were getting was incorrect... we thought we were getting a family (deluxe double!) room but in fact as the wording was incorrect we were only booked into a double room! The Marriott staff quickly and very kindly amended our room booking so thankfully we all had a bed for the night!

Not as quiet as we would have liked, otherwise an enjoyable stay.
    • Deluxe Double Room

There was 2 weddings on 2 out of 3 of our nights stay which were noisey, as our accommodation was above the room where these were held, I think they should have put us in a different part of the hotel and wedding guests in that part.

Friendliness of staff Comfortable bed

Another very pleasant experience in a Marriott Hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room

Very comfortable room; large internet enabled TV; very friendly staff; good wi-fi reception in room; restaurant wasn't open when we arrived latish on a Sunday, but the full menu plus bar menu plus room service menu were available in the bar, where we sat overlooking the courtyard. We only stayed the one night, but we would have happily stayed for more if time permitted.

Sad weekend stop.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Rooms are very dated furniture was in poor condition. Decor is so badly dated it was shocking and not what I was expecting. Room was not even booked when I got there and they blamed booking.com for the problem.

Location was ideal.

Lovely stay
    • Deluxe Double Room

Went for a wedding there which was lovely! Food was lovely, service brilliant! Very accommodating to my breast feeding needs! Allowed me to check in early for this reason! The breakfast in the morning was the best buffet breakfast I’ve ever had! Everything was fresh, they kept it topped up! Definitely recommend

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Professional staff, quite hotel, far from city center
    • Superior King Room

The building is old, carpet is dusty in some areas, in dining menu is limited and food wasn’t taesty. The hotel is destined from city center,

The staff is quite professional and friendly, the hotel is located in a very quiet area. Smart and large TV in the room.

The best hotel in the Preston area.
    • Deluxe Double Room

I though £12 for a 250ml glass of wine was too much.

Range of TV chanels and connectivity with phone/tablet, room was comfortable and quiet, staff were good, particularly the receptionist when I arrived. Leisure facility very good. Breakfast was fine.

Beautiful grounds, spacious public areas, well equipped gym,...
    • Deluxe Double Room

a bit more space in the bedroom would make room even more comfortable, guides in the room to advise opening times for breakfast, lunch, dinner, also to be asked at check-in to open credit facility to make charges to the room

Beautiful grounds, spacious public areas, well equipped gym, comfy bed, plenty of parking, good location, pleasant & friendly staff

Despite the hiccup, it was lovely! clean! relaxing and great facilities!
    • Superior King Room

I arrived to check in at 15:15 and I was told the room was not ready. The receptionist took my phone number and rang me when the room was ready. I waited 1 hour (16:20) for my room.

The beds were super comfy, the staff could not do enough for you! The Facilities and room were extremely clean! Despite having to wait 1 hour for my room, the receptionist was very helpful. She took my luggage and then proceeded to take me to my room

We stayed at the Marriott the evening of our wedding.
    • Superior King Room

We stayed at the Marriott the evening of our wedding. We was presented, with guest of the day, we received a complementary bottle or prossecco, cake/strawberries & lovely greeting card, congratulating my wife & I on our wedding. Breakfast was served to the room. Comfortable/enjoyable stay at the Marriott. Very comfortable beds, room was clean & spacious :)

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

Disappointing experience for the price.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Fridge in the room was dirty. We had to ask for robes to go swimming as they’d forgotten to put some in the room. We paid for an upgrade but the differential in terms of the quality of the room was hard to discern

Room was comfortable, swimming pool nice and food was good.

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

A venue that makes you smile as you enter the front door
    • Deluxe Double Room

Good quality food served at breakfast. The morning coffee was the best coffee I have ever had in a hotel anywhere. Staff so friendly and helpful. I felt a valued customer.

Looks nice from outside but FUR COAT AND NO KNICKERS.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Had room service breakfast for my daughters birthday: eggs not cooked, toast/cereal missing, fruit not 100% fresh Pool full of non residents and sectioned in half for swimming lesson, pool already small. Walls in bedroom thin, woken up both mornings by screaming small children and shouting parents.

The grounds

Great staff, run down hotel

This hotel desperately needs some money spent on it . The decor in the common parts is tired, masking tape holds down the carpets in several parts of the hotel and there is chipped paintwork everywhere. The blinds in our room were also broken and the plastic cushion on the desk chairs (in both the rooms we stayed in) was frayed and worn out. These are the sorts of things you accept in in two or three star hotels but it was the first time I had ever experienced this in a four star. So I was surprised and a bit disappointed by this. You sensed that the staff were doing the best with what they had got but that this was a hotel that isn't considered a priority hotel for the chain.

The staff at the hotel especially at the front desk were courteous and helpful.

Great location off M6 as a stop off en route, with friendly, helpful staff & good facilities.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

A couple of my guests found the beds a little uncomfortable, but overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay. This was the our 7th stay at the property.

The swimming pool and spa facilities are kept beautifully. The breakfast was varied and plentiful.

The room was a good size with good facilities, the fan...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Our room was on the ground floor, people we were walking past our room chatting loudly or calling to kids from the car park, think they were using the leisure facilities. This scuppered our lie in. But apart from that we had a great stay.

The room was a good size with good facilities, the fan didn't work though. Staff were very helpful.

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Excellent. My only complaint I have already stated the hyped up prices
    • Deluxe Double Room

We though the prices for food and drink were way over priced! We are compared to London prices and we don't mind what we spend on Mum. However, this aside, we felt prices were too high most of the time.

I thought the staff were exceptional; they could not do enough for us. I didn't come across 1 member of staff that was an exception to this excellence. We were all made to feel welcome and they made a fuss of my Mum. We're there to celebrate her 80th. Paul in reception helped me find my Mum when her flowers arrived from her grandsons in Australia and he was so sweet..Nick was also a diamond. He could not do enough. These two were the ones we had most to do with, but all the staff were delightful.

We had to stay one night up on arrival to the uk and found...
    • Deluxe Double Room

The furniture in the room is old , carpet is not clean. We stayed for one night thankfully. The toilet sink was full of hair from previous customers it’s obviously un cleaned. They only change the bed sheet when cleaning!!! I wouldnt stay here again. The A/c was too noisy and not cooling. So disappointed

We had to stay one night up on arrival to the uk and found the price good.

Loud
    • Deluxe Double Room

The room hadn’t had the best of vacuum, I think items need to be moved and not just vacuumed close to them. The worst bit about the stay was the connecting door. It is so thin and a gap at the bottom that I heard absolutely everything next door did including banging suitcases up against it and an alarm at 5am which went off for an hour every 5 minutes! I’ve never stayed somewhere with such a poor connecting door. The reception staff found it funny as did I, but it should really be improved. I won’t stay here again unless I get a room without a connecting door.

The staff were very friendly

Breakfast was delicious.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Originally it was the wrong room. Not a double deluxe but once I called reception I was moved

Breakfast was delicious. The bed was very comfortable. One of the staff members called Paris was amazing. She went above and beyond to keep me happy. Exceptional customer service

Disturbing: a complete waste of time and money....don't stay here!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Most uncomfortable stay I've experienced in any hotel anywhere: Totally disturbed night due to paper thin walls and noisy,disruptive,aggressive guests - no action taken by management to sort this out,followed by zero response to my verbal and subsequent written complaints.

Staff Food Location

Clean and well presented, the staff were welcoming and...
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

There is nothing we didn’t like about this property

Clean and well presented, the staff were welcoming and friendly from the moment we arrived to the moment we left. The rooms were clean and all amenities to hand.

Slightly dated
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

They are small double beds , went with grandchildren had 2 doubles in room and the double bed was to small for two adults , so had to get in with grandchild .

Nice and quiet , peaceful location

The outside
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

We found two mice in our room. We had two rooms interconnected. because I have a disabled child, the air conditioning in both rooms was broken dirty bathrooms and rooms. The hotel was very noisy at night. We will be claiming our money back.

The outside

Staff were nice.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The room was sooo hot so I had a bad nights sleep. There was a big air con unit in the room but you couldn’t have it on at night due to how noisy it was. Rooms could do with a bit of re-modernisation Shower temp wasn’t consistent

Staff were nice. Lovely old building.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

Nice spacious well equipped room with 2 large beds, air con...

Not a lot.

Nice spacious well equipped room with 2 large beds, air con machine, trouser press. Ground floor location. Ice machine nearby in corridor. Efficient reception. Pleasant staff. Good parking. Nice grounds. Makes Premier Inns look tacky & poor value.

Not too bad.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The staff was not too friendly, they seldom pick up room the intercom. They seemed overwhelmed. Food wasn't too tasty, I.e the chicken wings.

I liked the pool and steam room. Breakfast was good too!

Great location with first class facilities - pricey bar though!
    • Deluxe Double Room

The price of drinks in the bar (a bottle of beer and a large glass of wine) was ridiculously high.

Staff were terrific. Location and facilities is ideal. Close to a few additional restaurants and pubs.

Hotel was in a good location.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Cost of drinks in bar. Had to pay 12 for large glass of Sauvignon Blanc wine. Very overpriced.

Hotel was in a good location. Staff very helpful. Good choice of breakfast. Comfortable room & bed.

We have wasted alot of hard earned family money.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Poor cleanliness. Flies all over breakfast buffet. Housekeeping awful, room not cleaned until 4pm. No water, robes or filling tea and coffee unless you complained it wasn't done. Outdated and grubby room. Very poor value for money compared to previous stays in Marriott hotels.

Comfortable room and good to have use of the pool and gym.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Dated facilities. Poor food choices in the evening which were very over priced.

Comfortable room and good to have use of the pool and gym. Breakfast was good with a wide choice.

Family Weekend Break

There appeared to be a shortage of appropriate glasses at the bar - however it was a busy weekend!

The bed was extremely comfortable and the choice at breakfast was excellent. Bar staff were friendly and helpful. The Leisure facilities were fine - the massage was of a high quality.

- Excellent staff throughout
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

- Over an hour to get food at the lounge and it was less than satisfactory; mac and cheese had no cheese in it, and the superfood salad had no salad in it (just 3 small florets of broccoli).

- Excellent staff throughout - Great spa / pool facility - Room was warm and spacious - Comfortable beds - Noon checkout - Family friendly - Plenty of parking - Quiet - Great TV in the room - Lounge was good and bar staff were pleasant - Easy check-in and out

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Overpriced for what it is.
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Rooms a little tired looking. Beautiful jacuzzi facilities within the pool but 10 year old daughter told not permitted to use. Very disappointed. Common sense for a 10 year old to be able to sit in a jacuzzi for 5 minutes whilst supervised by parent?! Food overpriced. Was average.

Beautiful setting.

Poor,looking dated now,needs refreshing,and rooms far too hot for comfort and noisy air con.bathroom
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Customer service,being charged extra for two breakfasts£33,for a piece of toast and a bowl of cereal,after being told my daughter and grandaughter were not eligible for the breakfast we had already paid for,despite paying for a family room for four adults at £240 for two nights with breakfast included.

Booked this hotel as a group of friends going to Lytham festival. It made our weekend great!
    • Deluxe Double Room

There was nothing I didn’t like

Comfortable bed, spotlessly clean, lovely leasure centre and a fab breakfast choice. Overall a great hotel with very friendly staff.

Not what I expected
    • Deluxe Double Room

From the moment we arrived we was told the restaurant wasn't open for evening food, the hotel itself is very money oriented. You can have anything you wish at an additional cost. WiFi is £8 for 24hrs, room was was basic for what you would expect from the establishment. Woken at 730am the following morning by gardeners using leaf blowers.. So much for a lie in as requested a late checkout for this reason.

Comfy bed, large tv and deep bath.

Great hotel in Preston
    • Deluxe Double Room

We liked the friendliness of the staff, they make you feel welcomed. The breakfast was really good quality and we enjoyed a lot the leisure centre: brand new facilities.

Would tell other staff great however not what I would class as 4 stars.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The size of the rooms also a little dated. Games room not equipped fully broken cue, missing pieces of chess board. Corridor Carpets stuck together with duck tape. Credit card payments not meant to take money however card was activated.

The staff was friendly and very helpful. Nick beverage manager was helpful when we had trouble with the air conditioning on a hot evening. Alexander was a lovely she was friendly and very helpful nothing was to much trouble for her.

Enjoyed would have liked better if nearer town centre
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

Hairs on bathroom floor as soon as we arrived, view from room 264 not good view and requested pull out bed or 2 single and double and was told couldnt be done ?

Comfy beds and leisure pool great 👍

Great Location
    • Deluxe Double Room

Great location close to city centre and well placed for visits to surrounding countryside and places of interest: Blackpool, Trough of Bowland, The Lakes. Hotel is set in beautiful grounds. Room was spacious, clean and quiet with a fabulously comfy bed. Pool was good.

Brilliant recovery from a possible disaster.
    • Superior King Room

That the front of house, staff caused an issue thar Subodh had to manage on a busy night for him, which could have been avoided.

When we arrived, we were apparently too late to book dinner and were told we only had access to bar snacks. I don’t know why, when we booked, we were not offered dinner as matter of course. Secondly, we had an issue with the room as the air con wasn’t working. It was 27 degrees and we were offered fans! I said if that was not acceptable and if they could not relocate us, we were leaving. For us, this was an overnight stop on a long journey to recuperate, and a hot room would not allow that. Subodh, the Operations Manger, came along and he could not have been more helpful. He booked us in for dinner, restaurant menu, in the conservatory and moved us to another room. Very accommodating, and we had a great stay in the end.

A nice Hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room

This is a nice Hotel staff were nice and helpful. Rooms were nice and comfy, The Hotel was clean. Our stay was a nice experience, I would recommend this hotel

Beautiful hotel and gardens , plenty of parking.
    • Superior King Room

Air conditioning wasn’t working in the room, reported to staff but not rectified . Discount given at checkout.

Beautiful hotel and gardens , plenty of parking.

Ok
    • Deluxe Double Room

Didn’t think it was value for money,for a four star hotel,room not cleaned to a four star standard,I have had better hospitality trays in a bed and breakfast

The staff were friendly

not what we expected
    • Deluxe Double Room

nothing was deluxe about our room, the room was quite small, so were the bed and the bathroom. although I booked for a family with a 2 years old, no cot or anything was put for my son. There was no air conditioning and it was quite warm for the late June night, the extractor in bathroom was weak, hence the small room was quite damp after a shower, anyway I think advertising the room as deluxe is misleading (although the price was certainly deluxe). the restaurant was a bit of a mess too, although there were many empty tables, we were told it is full and we should sit in the pub area next to it and order from there, it wasn't busy either, there were more empty tables and occupied but the food for 2 of us arrived 20 mins later than the other 2, and no apologies!

Liked the breakfast, good number of options and variety for the hot meal.

Marriott shd be ashamed of themselves.

Read above.

In 25 years I hv bn faithful to the Marriott but this time I was shocked at just how downhill things hv gone. Still having friendly staff, they cannot do their job with an obviously over tight budget. Advertising a/c in the bedrooms - what is offered is a downright embarrassment. No fridges, we had to request that one be located and installed into the room to keep the milk cold for my baby granddaughter. What remained of the old fridge had been screwed locked giving the place of a locked down institution. Look at the photo of the shabby dining chairs. The room service food was so bad we didn’t even try to complain. One morning at breakfast which is supposed to begin at 0630hrs, we noted that 20 minutes later that basic breakfast buffer items were still being brought out. Over 4 mornings we were told that there was a problem with supplies from lack or insufficient Greek yoghurt to the little catering packs of Philadelphia cream cheese. One morning one member of staff told us it was because of the hot weather they were havinv these issues. Just ridiculous. Having been a owner/shareholder of Marriott’s Ritz Carlton Bachelor Gulch Apartments in Colorado, we have experienced some excellence in service. Am massively disappointed that Marriott has now sunk to these new lows.

• Superior King Room

The room was far to hot, when we put the fan on it made a horrendous noise so we had to turn it off again. The overall decor was old and in need of updating.

Fab hotel.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Jacuzzi not working again!! Was not working on our last stay!

Friendly staff!!! Lovely comfortable hotel, will be back! Staff even remembered us from last time!!

Lovely hotel set in beautiful grounds. good facilities, excellent staff
    • Deluxe Double Room

Air conditioning very loud normally would not be a problem but as it was hot in the UK and as the windows did not open properly rather uncomfortable. Shower over bath rather tired ! Motorway noise. Disco on to after 1am.

Like the hotel generally. We have stayed there before and will certainly return. Staff were excellent very helpful to our needs nothing was to much trouble Big comfy bed, nice products.

Relaxing, beautiful and peaceful
    • Superior King Room

Our stay was relaxing, beautiful and peaceful. The hotel is in a stunning location with beautiful grounds and close to nearby attractions and only 20 minutes from Blackpool! We received complementary drinks and the breakfast was delicious. The TV in the room was great and the service from staff was exceptional.

Great stay in Marriott Hotel Preston
    • Deluxe Double Room

There wasn't anything we didn't like. Only thing room far too warm. The fan on the wall didn't work it appears the button had been pushed in too far we think. Although we should have reported it.

The staff were lovely. There was a manager in a dark blue suit. Think he was called Dean, very hands on hard working guy. Some managers when the pressure is on are rude to staff. Not him, he was as pleasant as the days long & well earned his wage.

Good staff and location
    • Superior King Room

The room was warm and the air con was a waste of time. Furniture in some areas are tired and need replacement especially chairs in breakfast area

Good staff and location

Comfortable
    • Deluxe Double Room

Bedside lamp went off with the main light and unable to use it independently of this. Duvet cover needed to be changed as stained.

Very comfortable and soft bed/bedding. Friendly staff.

A most enjoyable stay in a great hotel with excellent staff!
    • Deluxe Double Room

The hotel is set in a lovely location, nice and quiet with great facilities. There was plenty of available car parking and the hotel was well signposted and easy to find. When checking in, the staff were very welcoming and friendly. Despite it being busy, I was acknowledged and told I would be attended to very shortly. The room was very clean, tea and coffee facilities with a huge tv. The bed and pillows were extremely comfortable and my stay was most enjoyable. All the staff members I encountered were polite, friendly and very professional. Many thanks!

Convenient location for our needs, unlikely to visit a second time.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Some staff morose and business like. Air conditioning in room did not work. Room was on ground floor hence we were unable to open a window for ventilation. When problem raised with reception, they seemed prepared for it and promptly produced a desk fan. Tap constantly dripping in bathroom sink. No mini bar (fridge was screwed shut) and no complimentary bottle of water upon arrival. When checking out we noticed reception staff did not ask "how was your stay". This hotel is allegedly a Five Star! Disappointed in you Marriot.

Location and surrounding grounds excellent. Main car park restricted due to planned engineering works. Cleanliness very good.

our stay was perfect and we would definitely stay again .
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

My daughter and myself got stuck in the lift for about 15 minutes but all the while there was a member of staff putting us at ease and the hotel engineer got us out in no time .

The staff were very helpful and polite , nothing was too much trouble . Excellent service .

Would we stay there again...yes!!!
    • Deluxe Double Room

No air con in the room however, I’m sure that the staff would have provided a fan if we had asked.

The room was a good size, shower was amazing. The best thing about the weekend was the staff at the hotel. Every single member of staff we met was fantastic, always willing to go that extra mile, happy, enthusiastic and they really made our weekend. We even had a little message slipped under our door wishing us good luck for a dance competition we were going to over the weekend.

Excellent location if needed to break up a long motorway journey. Helpful staff
    • Deluxe Double Room

Well located just off the M6 making it the perfect place to break a long journey. Good indoor pool. Reasonable food in the bar.Excellent buffet breakfast

Not long enough stay !!!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Didn't like that there was a surcharge added to the bill in the restaurant, I wanted to give the girls who attended our table all night a tip so I asked for it to be removed and gave them the tip instead.

Beds where excellent and the staff in the restaurant where very attentive

Noice hotel and grounds, friendly staff, but breakfast could have been better, No free Wifi :(
    • Deluxe Double Room with Two Double Beds

not a great selection for nut allergy sufferer, and the omelette cooked was extremely greasy, breakfast we felt could have been a lot nicer.

friendly staff, leisure club,

Good leisure facilities, friendly staff
    • Deluxe Double Room

Room very ordinary, there was a damp patch underneath the radiator. Also a very confusing place to find your way round on the ground floor!

Good leisure facilities, friendly staff

Awesome grounds, a lovely place for a weekend away.
    • Superior King Room

The decor in certain areas (particularly the corridors) feels very dated.

Awesome grounds, a lovely place for a weekend away. There was a wedding party whilst we were there and everything looked stunning.

We had stayed at the hotel a number times previously, anddespite the faults reported would return ag
    • Deluxe Double Room

The taps in the bathroom were loose and the waste plug in the wash basin would not work properly.

The breakfast was excellent with very good selection of English and continental food.sllinal Avery pleasant experience.

Breakfast is good, beds were comfy, bathroom is clean, nice...
    • Deluxe Double Room

The hotel is quite far from everything, not much activities around, no restaurants, bars.

Breakfast is good, beds were comfy, bathroom is clean, nice pool, jakuzzi and sauna.

Lack of comfort
    • Deluxe Double Room

Had to leave at 430am, couldn’t sleep as the windows barely open, the air con fan failed to work, rowdy guests, charged an extra £50 on check in for a ‘security deposit’ but wasn’t told about this when booking the room, won’t be staying at this hotel again

bed was super comfy.
    • Superior King Room

Price was slightly steep for what we received. Aside from robes and a coffee machine (with only two pods), there's NO difference between a standard room and an 'Executive', so if wed have known - we probably wouldn't have paid the excess...

bed was super comfy. Breakfast excellent choice, you can even order it to your room, however id moreso recommend going down to get it as you get more choice and the room-service breakfast is sometimes wrong due to confusing order-forms. Not the cheapest place to stay but a good experience for my friend's wedding :) rooms spacious.

Absolutely amazing!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Breakfast was amazing! Just what we needed and we were overwhelmed with the choice! Bedroom was lovely, so clean and welcoming. Staff on reception were very polite and happy to help. We attended a Ball during our stay and the function suite and the evening meal were exceptional! We will be returning very soon!

Don't bother
    • Deluxe Double Room

We booked a deluxe double room, we had a room that just about fit a normal double bed in it Food selection was poor No lounge to sit in only the bar, which is a sports bar. Noisy, lots of screens with football on Wouldn't recommend this hotel at all

Such a shame
    • Deluxe Double Room

Care and attention. Walked out of restaurant after waiting 40 mins for chicken and chips. Had to then go out when I’d intended to work. They had forgotten my order but told me spatchcock chicken took a while to spatchcock. In morning big queue for toast. One of toasters doesn’t work. The smiley staff smiled but did not think to wonder why.

Staff were ultra helpful and great location

Met expectations, warm friendly approachable staff - would recommend & certainly stay again
    • Deluxe Double Room

Dance floor - too small overall & the beds were not very comfy at all

We liked the setting as a whole. The chardonnay & stella was absolutely devine! Good relaxed atmosphere & Dan Hadfield as Gary barlow day & night for the charity event was fantastic!!

Not good
    • Deluxe Double Room

We booked this hotel as we wanted a country hotel where we could walk in the grounds and sit in the gardens. As it turned out there was no grounds to walk in and the garden was an enclosed terrace. We were looking forward to a nice meal in the restraunt but when we went there it was closed as it was a bank holiday! We decided to have a cocktail at the bar. Unable to make a mudslide as they apparently had no Baileys. We went to sit in the garden and were told it was just a bland terrace. We ended up venturing out to a pub with gardens and food even though we didn’t want to drive as we would have liked to be able to have a drink. The room was very average with black mound around the bath and a view of a car park. We were also told the sauna and steam room were closed. If we would have known about the restraunt and spa closure in advance, we would have booked elsewhere. Very dissapointed for a Marriott hotel

The breakfast was lovely

Could be lovely with an update
    • Deluxe Double Room

Hotel tired and dated. Dirty carpet, scratched and chipped furniture. Dirty cup on the table at breakfast which I had to ask to be wiped.

Hotel set in beautiful grounds.

Little touches not there.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Room was small and extractor sounded like we were next to a plane taking off.no water in room.

Good Breakfast. Pool and gym quiet. Comfortable bed.Ok as a stop off hotel.

Browse Preston Marriott Hotel traveller photo gallery