Reviews of Quality Skyline Hotel Luton 3 stars

246 Dunstable Road, Luton, LU4 8JL, United Kingdom

#16 of 18 hotels in Luton

6.1

6.1

Large comfortable and clean room. Good sized bathroom with good shower. Good breakfast choice for price paid, friendly staff and good on site parking.

Desperate need of refurbishment, damp around toilet, really cracked tiles...if someone's cuts their foot on tiles then the company could be sued!! Old mattresses, fire alarm went off at 3 am and no apology from staff.

Staff friendly

I had requested an early check in a week before which no one knew about when I got there, I was told they would do it only on this occasion which seemed abit like I was a bother for them even though I kept emailing them for a few days prior. When I got to my room I found there was no remote control, I was given one after a call to reception. What happened after was a nightmare I went to my partner who was in the bathroom shutting the door behind me only to realise we couldn’t get out as there was no door handle. Thank goodness my partner had his phone as he called reception to come up and open the door for us, if things couldn’t get any worse our rescuer told us he will be breaking down the entrance door to get to us as it was on a dead lock from our side. We calmed down after this imagining the what ifs and if there was a fire and no phones etc. We were told we can have another room. My partner went to collect the key and as we went to open the new room door it declined our card key, we tried again and again and it was not working. We phoned down to a very frustrated receptionist who made us feel we are a problem so we decided to just pack our bags and call it a day with them.

We were offered a refund.

The room needed fixing up a bit, and the walls aren’t very sound proof could here the people in the next room arguing wich is what I was tryin to get away from 😩

The staff were nice

• Standard Twin Room

There were no bathtub in the rooms and the shower is very peculiarly built. No wifi in my room although the other two rooms can connect to the wifi. The bed wasn't as nice as the other hotels I've stayed in.

The breakfast was limited but for 5 pounds, not bad at all and when we were there that day, there weren't many people at the breakfast area, so it was quite private and comfortable for us. We booked 3 twin rooms so 2 of them were very nice and spacious (although one of them does not have air conditioning machine) and the other twin room was smaller.

Lack of privacy. Rooms too close together

Im used to staying at hotels. I mistakenly thought this would be the same but it was not. Rooms are on top of each other. No privacy.

No beer in bar, very shabby decor, location,we had a reasonable break but this was made worse by the hotel and the location swarming with Muslims to the point of feeling scared for our safety. The hotel bar was empty apart from half a dozen cans of Guinness and the same amount of bottled beer. The decor was shabby, staff scruffy and rude, snacks expensive it was a thoroughly inadequate place to use as a hotel.

Price

spacious and lighted room , good car park facility , conveniently situated and reasonable price

the most thing hair dryer was not working , shower was too hat needed plumber to fix it .

• Standard Twin Room

Receptionist Sadia was brilliant help Service was exceptional We booked extra nights because of the welcome we received all staff were very helpful We would definitely recommend to family and friends

The property was situated on a main busy location had plenty parking at rear We came back late still found parking.

Had the worse sleep ever! Noisy people everywhere, doors slammed along the corridor all night long, the bar downstairs had nothing.staff was undertrained.

Room was ok for the price

Yes its a bit tired but didn't spend long as I had to be at the airport for 4am. Its clean functional, helpful staff.

Perfect for an early flight at Luton Airport.

First room we had we couldn’t open the window or lift up the blind so asked for another room. Larger and brighter. Mould round shower. No plug in sink. Chipped cup. Hairdryer didn’t work just got dangerously hot!

Reception staff were very good. Comfortable bed

We was put into three rooms the 1st room smelt of wee The 2nd room the tv was broken and the blind broken. The 3rd and final room had a used durex in the bin 🤮 plus no remote for the tv. One cup to drink from when there was two of us. Staff very helpful - but would never stay here again and would advise family and friends against it - the hole place was very unkepted plus it smelt terrible of cigarettes.

• Standard Twin Room

Room not entirely clean, with damp/mould on the walls in places and a bad smell of rotting vegetables in the bathroom.

Bedding was clean, bed not too uncomfortable and the price was reasonable for the area. There was free parking and staff were also pleasant at check-in and check-out.

Being awake from 1am in the morning with slamming doors,guests playing loud music till 4am, being almost scalded by the shower which didn't work properly

• Standard Single Room

Every carpet I came across was stained.The walls must be paper thin as the television volume from the room next door sounded more like a cinema. Totally unacceptable . The greeting at reception was none existent,just a request for name ,I.D and a form to fill in. I would imagine being checked in to a prison must be a similar experience. Total lack of empathy,just a cold matter of fact experience which was probably the start of the end. I am sick of some UK hotels thinking that run down properties with bad customer service, is acceptable. Booking.com should do their own checks on hotels using their site and if they are not up to a standard,refuse to advertise them.Enough is enough

Handing my key back 10 minutes after checking in

• Standard Twin Room

Excellent facilities for our needs and purpose good private parking clean room great shower and plenty of eateries within walking distance. Staff were pleasant and helpful we will defiantly book here again if in the area. This hotel was great for us but if you was looking for a romantic break etc it probe rely would not suit alternatively if it was a stopover on route to Luton airport it probe rely would

We arrived late at night, twin room. room was absolutely freezing cold draft coming from windows. Room and bedding smelt of cigarettes and unpleasant drain smell coming up from bathroom sink which had no plug. So cold I went to bed in my clothes. Tried to get aircon to heat room but it didn’t seem to be doing much heating and was so noisy we had to turn it off. Beds very uncomfortable. We both got up in morning having very little sleep and our night wear smelling of smoke and couldn’t have a cup of tea as the kettle didn’t seem to be working either.- all round worst hotel stay ever. I know it was budget so didn’t expect any frills but did expect clean, warm and some sleep! To be absolutely fair to the hotel our friend who had room in the main part of the hotel ( ours in extension) said his room was warm and he slept ok.

Staff were friendly and helpful

Initially allocated me a room and then moved me into another room whose bathroom had an absolutely foul smell and the shower wasn't functional. a lot of noise in early morning hours from drunk, I was very disappointed.

Friendly staff.

There's no quality and there's no skyline. Ended up in Hindunistan . With staff being stingy and over complicated over the common supplies like coffee or soap. Advertised restaurant and food access but its not working and said closed on the weekends so nothing is there and definitely no quality or skyline. The owners must be hallucinating

A very dated and strange hotel that is in desperate need of modernisation. Staff are quite moody especially the cleaners in the morning who don't really clean properly. The heating in our room was not working and we had to change rooms. Guests in other rooms were very loud, room was much smaller than expected, bed was small and very uncomfortable. Rooms don't look like the ones in the photo's.

The pillows were soo small the bed sheets and the bathroom smelt of bleach there was no spoon for the tea. The noise location was horrendous. I have been in hotels same price and the beds have been comfortable . the sheet was so thin and the smell was so bad worst time in a hotel ever. Sink was tiny.

the price and car park

We were offered a room , but approaching the rm, it was opened and room smelt of dam and window was cracked, receptionist changed our room,it was quite comfortable. Okish breakfast, i wish theuy offered a fresh friut and yougurt option, but breakfast was ok

Loved the location, spacious car park and quiet area

Room smelt horrendous. It smelt like sewers. There were no coat hangers and the wall light didn’t work. The corridor carpets were badly stained. The whole place could do with a refurb. aThe lift was minging. Not the hotel’s fault but there was some unsavoury characters hanging around.

Nothing! Oh sorry there was plenty of Parking and it was free.

The window was broken with a huge gap between the frame and the window. We did talk to the staff and they did offer another room but when we looked at the other room it smelt really bad of smoke and the blind was broken so we decided to stay where we was. We asked for another blanket which they happily provided. The bathroom was a little worn and the toilet roll holder was broken. (Fell to the floor several times) the shower was really hot and the layout was extremely tight. The bed itself was decent however the pillows where like pancakes, causing both me and my husband restless sleep.

Staff extremely friendly and accommodating to the best of their ability. Very clean and tidy, and the bonus of a large tv and a kettle in the room was great.

The bathroom smelt a little odd at first but this went away and we were literally only sleeping then straight to the airport anyways.

It was easy to check in and room was cosy. There's plenty of parking and the room was clean. The hotel is also very close to Luton airport which is what we needed.

• Standard Single Room

First room allocated had a soaking wet carpet. Second room allocated, door key would not work, so every time I wanted to go back into my room, I had to ask at reception for someone to let me in with a master key. Room window facing out to the car-park would not have been a problem if the blades of the vertical blind actually met each other. The room carpet was disgusting, and the bathroom floor lethal following a shower. There were four lovely lit beer pumps on the bar - but no draught beer - only rather over-priced bottles! Apart from the coffee, the cooked breakfast was quite frankly - awful! And the sickly strong smell of air-freshener follows you where ever you are in this place. Desperately tired, and in need of a total refurbishment. I for one will not be staying here again.

The staff seemed genuinely apologetic for and helpful. Breakfast coffee was very nice.

Room was cold and heating system wasn't very effective

Room was clean and comfortable and staff were happy to change rooms as we wanted two single beds rather than a double.

bathroom was clean however pillows were wafer thin and carpets throughout the place were very unclean looking

Staff were helpful when we had an issue with door key,

At £15 a head for breakfast no thanks

The staff the shower the bed the PEACE and quiet,if you have any problems at all the staff are at hand and willing to help power shower amazing

At £15 pound a head for breakfast no thanks

staff are all very pleasant and a warm welcome when you arrive any issues you may have the staff are willing to help great power shower and a very comfortable bed what else do you need SORTED

My room is an Antic converted room with limited ventilation due to the way window is design. Greatly disappointed. Antic room should be cheaper that what I paid.

Apart from location nothing else. Room was a let down

• Standard Single Room

The toilet was on the side of the building so I had to duck to take a pee. At one point the cold water tap provided brown water. Pillows were like bed sheets, providing no rest for my head. TV didn't work

Bed was clean

You get what you pay for. The hotel is nothing flash but has everything you need for a quick stay.

Location. After poor weather in Luton we needed a cheap close hotel. This fits this criteria. The staff were so welcoming. Shower was hot.

The room was dirty, the walls were cracked and the window didn’t fit correctly. The window was plastic and letting wind and noise through. Left the hotel after 10 minutes of arriving

Didn’t like anything

It seems like the ideal place for some to enjoy a romantic break as was woken at 06:30 by a lady making lots of noise . A different type of alarm I guess

Easy to find and helpful staff . Don’t believe the trip advisor reviews . It was more than adequate for overnight business traveller .

Lift didn't work without assistance, carpets were all stained, window in room was broken and did not shut correctly, breakfast was poor and wasn't eaten.

The sheets on the bed were clean

• Standard Single Room

overall impression is hotel is very 'tired' and could do with some serious maintenance to bring it up to standards that would be expected of a hotel (rather than student digs which it felt more like)

reception staff were attentive; bed was comfy

Bedroom was filthy , stains on mattress and carpet , bathroom had a shower which was absolutely boiling hot and I slipped on base . Super slippery !! With no bath mat! Needs refurbishing . Tatty and old furniture

Cleanliness.

Good location. Parking free. Room quite. Bed comfy. Took a while to get room warmed, but after 2 hours of heating on, became manageable. Cleanliness generally was less than expected. But it is budget hotel.

Bed were so uncomfortable manger / owner was not friendly asked for a plug for the bath he just smiled and said no can do ! Basically he just didn’t want people having baths to save money

Staff were friendly and kind (not the manger/ owner)

TV did not work in room but was moved to another room which solved the problem. Key would not work in the door had to have a member of staff come and open my room door every time not ideal. Kettle did not work in the morning so I could not have a drink. No plugs for the sink or bath. light fitting hanging out of the roof.

Friendly helpful staff, good food, clean room & comfortable bed. Plenty of parking. Good WIFI in the room.

Card didn't work to open the door, the other room was cold, wasn't kettle in the room for the teas/coffee area. After all it was all sorted.

I like location and the size of the room what was lovely clean.

• Standard Single Room

Maybe a little more helpful morning staff. I asked for directions to the train station in the morning and found it fine but the directions weren’t clear and could easily have been confused by someone else

The night staff when I checked in were super helpful and friendly

The cleaner came into the room whilst i was there so that put menoff from staying there the remianing 2nights. Also no iron and kettle as advertised also the hairdryer didnt work

Room was ok but no view

As above worst place we have ever stayed.!! The first room was unprepared and looked like someone was still in it. The 2nd room the key didn’t work and the third room was grubby and poor. The lift didn’t work from the top floor and the public area carpets we’re filthy.

• Standard Twin Room

Not very clean plaster hanging off walls . Door handle to the toilets was falling off, parking my big van wasn’t easy, wouldn’t recommend staying there. Not in a very good area

• Standard Twin Room

The toilet facilities, had a very funny smell, Bed and carpet really very very dirty and warm out! The duvet had chewing gum in even though looked clean but the chewing gum plus the stench from the toilet and sink, rotting tiles really cause a health risk to other guests!😡😡 Ceiling in the aisle had dropped and it took over two hours to. E removed Lift needs some attention otherwise people will get stuck in their anytime

Staff very helpful but I guess management got other issues !!!Either!

• Standard Single Room

The door keys to the room didn't work despite trying 3 times, i was up and down the elevator like a yoyo. The window blinds didn't cover the window and definitely need a better system of replacement. Couldn't work the heating system out it at all and just seemed to get colder rather than warmer.

• Standard Twin Room

The lobby toilets were poor, the mattress was terrible I was awake all night. The plumbing was noisy it screeched each time the loo was flushed and I could hear the screech when either side flushed or turned taps on. The bath panel fell off, no plug for a bath. Room was smelly.

The food was good but the restaurant was very basic

Room smelt very strongly of air freshener. Carpet did not appear clean. The bed cover was too small to properly cover two people. The carpets on the stairs and landing had what appeared to be breach mark. Breakfast provided was quite poor

Not very much

The tap of the shower was a bit tricky.

It was a perfect choice for me because I knew my car is safe. Enjoyed my comfy bed as delicious fresh warm croissance with jam. It was quiet, very clean, can drink coffee in the room (or tea) and TV has all channels. What else can desire a tired person?

• Standard Twin Room

They couldn't provide me with a working key for my room so every time I wanted to get in I had to ask someone from reception to let me in.

Its cheap and parking is good

The breakfast was a TOTAL LET DOWN... We came down at 9am and the food was cold and in a SAD state.. We left without eating a thing..

Staff were good 😊 and we managed to check in earlier than advised. And allow to check out at a later time...

The hotel with some love and attention could be a 8 out of 10 and for the cost 10 out of 10. However the bathroom door in our room had been kicked in, the furniture had seen better days and on the way to the bedroom there is bleach all over the hall carpets. It just felt run down in areas which made it feel un clean and due to this a really bad stay.

• Standard Twin Room

I left my room at 1pm because I was preparing and dressing to go to my Aunts funeral which took me extra time. The room was was not cleaned or beds made up. Clean towels were provided.

Staff were excellent. I am disabled, everything I requested to help me was carried out to my satisfaction.

Upon arriving observed rats in car park. Not child friendly / family friendly hotel brought my 2 month old baby asked for a ground floor room due to having pram gave me second floor had steps to access the lift and steps to access the room in hallway. Arrived late in the evening due to travelling drunks were hanging around reception desk high level of bad language also elderly in the bar in there pjs raving to the music looked highly intoxicated ! Did not feel safe one bit also rooms were less then adequate carpets were discusting and dirty which were masked with a good smelling carpet freshner. Had sky lights in the room freezing cold draft. Would not stay again not recommended for your little ones. Reminds me more of a hostel

Smashed glass on window. Very noisy in the morning. Carpets stained. Toilet not clean. Dripping tap in bathroom. Bedside table almost falling off the wall to which it was attached.

Comfortable bed

The cooked breakfast tasted like it was microwaved. The bed was uncomfy.I didn't like the fact that when i checked in i was asked for photo ID.I was unaware i needed it. Please make this information clearer on your booking site.

it was close to luton town centre and was easy to find.

• Standard Twin Room

Bathroom a little grubby and shower dripped constantly. Would have certainly kept me awake but I wrapped a towel around shower head & put a bag over it to direct water flow against wall ..... peace at last! Also no plug in sink. Also had to ask for a kettle.

Welcoming staff. Easy access to M1. Peaceful/ very comfy beds. Good blackout & subsequently slept in!! Sadly missed breakfast.

State of the hotel itself is appalling, rooms are cold with everything run down. The curtains were hooked on the wall with a bit of fabric and screw. First room we were checked into we found toe nail clippings scattered across the floor from where the room hadn’t been cleaned before hand, the shower had brown rust in it and there was no heating In the room which made it freezing cold. Moved to a second room the whole floor stunk off weed and again the shower had brown rust stains in and the carpet through the property was practically black in colour with how dirty it is. £54 a night with these standards is appalling. Wouldn’t even give this hotel a 1 star.

Traffic noise. The TV in my room didn't have ITV and they couldnt retune it as they didnt know the pin number.

Ample car parking. The staff are friendly & helpful. The room & hotel in general showed signs of wear & tear but was clean and warm, with tea & coffee making facilities as well as a fridge. The cooked breakfast was good with cereals, as well as fruit, available. The free Wi-Fi was good and fast enough for Sype. Theres an onsite bar. Tesco express is 50m away which was useful. Theres an onsite restaurant and fast food is aslo readily available in the area. My room was in the basement at the front and some traffic noise could be heard. Ive stayed in worse places for more money.

When we first arrived we were given a room which had quite clearly been flooded recently and the shower was still dripping, their was mould on the roof and the room smelt disgusting as you can imagine the smells of stagment water mixed with cleaning products. So obviously we asked to change our room and we had no apology for them giving us this room and then she gave another room. We then couldn't get into the room with our key and she said the batteries needed changing in The door which then didn't actually get sorted so we didn't leave The room until The next morning because we wouldn't be able to get back in unless the receptionist came with us with her keys, bit of an incomvienence as you can imagine. The bathroom was so small you had to squeeze in and move the shower door to actually shut the door. Room was spacious but I probably won't return.

The food was nice and the room was spacious for a twin room!

Nothing and the smell coming trought the bathroom made us feel so uncomfortable like someone was there a couple of minutes before we arrive

Awfull ...doesnt look like a Hotel.

• Standard Twin Room

Well where shall I start? When entering the hotel, the person serving at desk was dazed a little. Rough appearance and brushed aside problems like with the door entry. When entering the room for the first time, it smelt like someone has been using the loo. Carpets were stained and outdated. The headboard had major chips and dents. The bed frame and mattress was stained and dirty. But luckily the sheets and pillows were clean (I think). There was rubbish when I pushed the single beds together. In the bathroom the sink basin was broken and there was hair strands in the shower cubicle. The room thermometer did not work either which blasted cold air on a cold night that we attended. I should have taken photos of the room that we suffered in but am trying to forget rather than keeping memories of it on my phone!

I am not one to write reviews but this stay at this hotel has forced me to. It's really difficult to say what I liked about the hotel which the two only things that come to mind is the free and fast Wi-Fi connection in each room and the free car park that's on site.

The hallway and stairs landing are very worn and need replacing. This is the first impression you get when you are walking to find your room which does not do the hotel any favours. However, the actual rooms are very clean.

This hotel is good value for money in that the rooms are large, clean and bed is comfy.

The top floor is a bit of a maze, there is no signage to say where the rooms are. Lack of toliet roll holder is a bit unhygenic.

Well presented, clean and functional hotel at a reasonable price.

• Standard Twin Room

shower hanging off wall and could not turn it down so nearly scolded myself and the extractor fan didn't work i have stayed in cheaper and better bb

the staff friendly ,clean room and bed

• Standard Twin Room

Well where to start, I had booked a single but had been given a twin single, no problems there, however when I sat on the first bed it was broken, split down the middle, completely unusable, luckily the second bed was ok so I settled down. However at 2am I was awoken by the hotel fire alarm, after a panic I got dressed and went to reception, after waiting ten minutes it appeared that somebody was smoking in the toilets, the alarm was sorted, back in my room the alarm went off intermittently about 6 times for about 15 minutes. I fell back asleep about 3am only to be woken at 4am by another fire alarm, again I went to reception to find out that, yet again, somebody had been smoking in the toilets and set the alarm off. Having gone to bed a third time, the alarms continued to start and stop for about 45 minutes. Now I am not one to complain about fire alarms as they will go a long way to keeping me alive, however if somebody is smoking in the toilets - DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT !!!!! - don't let them keep doing it. The result of these alarms was many arguments in reception followed by one gentleman on my corridor seemingly kicking and punching his walls and doors in anger at the hotel - very scary indeed. The next morning, after very little sleep, I made a coffee, however the hotel had left no spoons in the room so I had to use a pen to stir. Upon having a shower four of the five lightbulbs popped in the bathroom and when I turned a shower off - I couldn't - so it continued with a very heavy constant drip for the rest of the time I was in the room. When I left I could not help but notice that it was drizzling outside and a huge stream of water was dripping down the walls through the ceilings and across the carpet. When I checked out the gentleman on reception hoped that I had 'had a nice stay', well no sir I did not it was awful in every sense.

On first sigh the hotel seemed clean enough and the receptionist was helpful ... then the problems started !

Room I had was very tired, sheets dirty, mattress uncomfortable, a lot of traffic noise from the road, night staff more interested in their phone, than interacting with customers.

Fairly close to airport, cheap car parking at £5 per day.

• Standard Single Room

The room was not fit for purpose, ill informed on website, with misleading information. Hotel needs complete refurb. I had no shower or sink plug, broken lock on door. I am going to request a refund !

The staff were very helpful and understood why I needed to complain regards the condition of my room, they were very professional working in difficult conditions.

The only quality was in the title, it wasn't describing the accommodation, it didn't help that the staff were talking loudly until 2am right outside our open windows. Not sure why you associate yourself with this hotel.

Leaving the next day, definitely not a pleasant stay.

The staff were friendly the room was very clean and we thought this the best value for money - local shops also friendly and helpful would highly recommend

Location... not safe at all and very noisy Car parking was not secure at all... boyfriends car Nearly got stolen in front of us. Random people lurking in car park at night.

Staff was friendly

We were put in a little box room where the blinds were falling off the window the floor was filthy you couldn't even walk on it with bare feet and the base of the bed was also filthy we complained at reception and we got a new room the only difference with the new room was the size a bigger filthier room we had no choice but to stay the night the smell from the drain in the bathroom after we had a shower was disgusting and lingered in the room all night, would never recommend this hotel!!!!

The reception looked nice so very deceiving!