2. UK hotel reviews

#37 of 49 B&Bs and inns in Manchester

6.2

5.9

6.1

Read more– opens a dialog box

Awful.

We arrived back after our visit to the arena. All fine, locked up the room for the night and went to sleep. At 3am I woke to the sound of a key being turned in our door. I woke in a panic alerted my partner, to which the man was still entering the room as he heard me screaming, my parnter ensured the man left the room, we rang the management at the time who told us to just tell housekeeping in the morning, bearing in mind a strange man had a key for our room door they did not seem bothered... We asked to see someone in the morning, to which happened and they apologised. However, when we took our problem up with booking.com, the guesthouse have told them they have checked cctv and that the man walked into our room by mistake and did not have a spare key, which is a complete lie as 1. I woke to the sound of the key being turned and 2. This man continued to enter our room even though he could hear a girl screaming. If it wasnt for my partner, who knows what would have happened. In the end we got a full refund, yet this didnt seem enough. The management didnt care at the time of the incident, so i would stay clear.

Nothing was good.
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Horrible neighbours, not respectful, noisy and impolite. Dirty rooms, dirty fittings, the place smells like a drug dealer’s house, mices, insects and smoking people.

Nothing was good.

Staff were nice, had good facilities eg hairdryer, iron

First off the bed was broke and very uncomfortable it was hard felt like I was lying on the floor. There was no tv, there was cob Webb’s in the corner of the curtain pole. I understand you get what you pay for but this was just a joke. The base of the bed was caved in! Also bathroom sink was very dirty hadn’t even been wiped hairs all over it and bits and a dead fly. I wouldn’t recommend staying here to anyone

Staff were nice, had good facilities eg hairdryer, iron

• Reviewed: February 15, 2019

As I arrived at the property I couldn’t get in with the code...

As I arrived at the property I couldn’t get in with the code provided as the door was jammed, when I went into the room I got the wrong room with a single bed but my booking was a double room. So i has the room changed but as I went to close the curtains they wouldn’t close as they weren’t put on the rail right as the rail was hanging off the wall. The table lamps in the room wouldn’t turn on. I got put into a different room which was nice but there was hairs on the bedside shelves.

• Reviewed: February 11, 2019

HORRIBLE - MY BED WAS BROKE AND THERE WAS BUBBLEGUM ON THE WALL

I made a mistake not reading the reviews before booking this stay, they describe exactly what this place is. I had never been so scared of sleeping in some house before. During the night there was some strange noises of someone opening doors or dragging closets that make me awake all night. Not to mention that some human noise on the wall and there was no room next to mine, just an elevator. I found it so strange when I received a message with all the details of the check in with the doors passwords and where to find the key, so basically there was no check in with anyone, I just simply enter the house and went to my room. Also I found my bed broke and since there was no reception I couldn't complain to anyone, or ask someone to change room (I arrived around 19h and I didn't had an english phone number to call to someone). There was a bubblegum in the wall next to the bed too. I highly recommend not to go to this place, it worth no money at all. If you book a night here you will have a horrific experience.

nothing!

• Reviewed: February 4, 2019

Guesthouse- disaster. Manchester- alright
    • Family Room with Private Bathroom

Needs new beds an a whole revamp!

Pictures made the guest house look like a palace but it was an actual dump. Cracks in the walls, cheap beds! They kept moving if you sat on them an the headboards weren’t attached properly. ONE plug socket in the whole of the 2 rooms! Dirt all over the walls, just wasn’t appealing at all.

• Reviewed: February 3, 2019

3.0
    How did the worst experience in my lifetime about hotels.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Very unsafe place, my room was on the ground floor. Midnight someone started knocking On the main door, after about 30 minutes knocking he smashed the window and got in, then kept loud talking with another 5 to 6 people. I was feeling terrified and there was nowhere to complain. I strongly recommend not to stay in this place, even if it’s cheap though!!!!

Nothing at all

• Reviewed: January 29, 2019

Rooms very very basic, didn't realise when booking as...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Rooms very very basic, didn't realise when booking as pictures looked great but felt more like a hostel than a Guesthouse. Walls were very thin and there were a lot of people coming and going all night. Woke up in the middle of the night and couldn't get back to sleep with all the noise from other guests. Beds not comfortable and pillows very old. Would not stay here again, didn't feel safe.

• Reviewed: January 27, 2019

we had a problem wich the next room, because they were...

we had a problem wich the next room, because they were making a lot of noise, and just with a call, they swap our room for another better. The solven the problem very gently and quickly.

• Reviewed: January 27, 2019

Nothing it was awful.

Everything. Very poor lighting outside with steps that could not be seen. Key code didn't work on the door. Smell of cigarette smoke and weed was really strong. Some very suspicious looking people staying there. No mirror or bin in the room. Resembled more of a homeless persons refuge.

Nothing it was awful.

• Reviewed: January 25, 2019

Worse night ever
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The fact my boyfriend got beat up off 10 men who either owned it or was part of the place. He got badly attacked all for asking to keep the noise down. I called police! Also it stunk of weed,all dodgy to me and the police! Also no staff! Its a joke of a place

• Reviewed: January 25, 2019

Awful!!!

Smelly, dirty and nothing like advertised

Horrible! The photos on line were nothing like the actual place! Would not recommend and never return!! Very disappointing!!

• Reviewed: January 19, 2019

The bathroom was a good size and the shower was very nice...
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The bed was very uncomfortable as the mattress was very hard and dipped dramatically in the middle. There wasn’t a mirror in the bedroom or the private bathroom so had to use my phone camera to get ready in the morning.

The bathroom was a good size and the shower was very nice and warm. The toilet didn’t flush though.

• Reviewed: January 19, 2019

a disgrace.
    • Small Single Room

everything, room hadn't been cleaned. looked like the bedding had not been changed. slept in my clothes on top the bedding. no key to my room has stated by property when i got there.

nothing,

• Reviewed: January 12, 2019

poor

it was dirty. walls and toilets were disgusting. there was black hairs everywhere both in the bed and the toilet. there was a mirror in the room but only one light in the other side of the room. so impossible to do makeup or get ready. very thin walls and alot of noises. not a good experience.

• Reviewed: January 6, 2019

Met the basic essential needs.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Bed was extremely uncomfortable and didn’t smell particularly nice. A mirror would have been very much appreciated anywhere in the room or bathroom. Could not find staff the entire time I was there and had to purchase hairdryer as I could not find out whether one was available.

Good value. Express check in was convenient. The tea/kettle was a nice touch.

• Reviewed: January 2, 2019

It was a bad experience.

I hate it. I won't recommend it for anyone.

It is a hostel not a hotel because I was shocked that there is no bathroom in the room. It is outside to serve all the rooms at the same floor and the bathroom is for both male and females and It was not clean. There is no receptionist to talk with and complain. The room is very small. The walls are weak, you can hear people next door. It is not near the city center, so you need to take a taxi.

• Reviewed: January 2, 2019

ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTING!!! I HAD TO LEAVE EARLY!!

Nothing. it was HORRIBLE

This was the worst hotel I have ever stayed in! Every single thing about it was disgusting and disappointing. When we first walked in our room STUNKKKK of cigarettes which is highly uncomfortable if your a non smoker like myself. All my clothes now smell disgusting and makes me feel sick. The pillow had dirt all over it, looked like smudged mascara, make up and whatever else. The sheets.. OMFG. DISGUSTING!!! The bed wasn’t even made properly, a corner wasn’t even covering the mattress and the sheets had bits all on them. We couldn’t even sleep in the bed I thought I might catch something. The shower was broken, with water coming from places it shouldn’t spraying everywhere! The next morning the water was completely cold so we couldn’t shower there. The kettle was plugged in by the floor next to the door and the table was by the window lmao. The whole thing was a reck I know it was cheap but it wasn’t even worth a red cent. I was meant to stay for 2 days but I left after the first night it was vile. Worst experience ever. When I tried to complain the staff member was so rude to me on the phone.

• Reviewed: December 25, 2018

• Double Room with Private Bathroom

Where do we start... •Shower didn’t drain •Used plastic forks behind the bed •Dirty Bedding •Pubic Hairs in the bed •Bed lice and Fleas in the headboard (have video evidence) •Broken bed •No staff around to complain to and number uncontactable •Unpleasant odour upstairs of the building (like an old people’s home) Definitely would not stay here again nor would we recommend anyone staying here! When we finally managed to get through to the manager he was very rude.

• Reviewed: December 23, 2018

Did serve the purpose of just a place sleep and leave the following morning.

The bedsheet was old and unclean looking. I had to ask for a change which I got. The room seems to be in a loft with a small staircase leading to the floor.

Checked in late so had no chance to explore the surroundings.

• Reviewed: December 17, 2018

You can do better if you consider our concerns.

Check out time is too early and the room I was in the heater does not warm up the whole bedroom. The blankets were too cold plus the bed needs to be replaced.

A very kind neighbor and his family from Middle East on the ground floor. I like their hospitalility

• Reviewed: December 16, 2018

The décor was pretty, it was very clean with good space for...

Personally felt that I would have preferred a later check-out option. The room would have exceeded all expectations if it included a television. The option of shampoo and body wash was very good although conditioner would have been preferable also. The mattress was more firm but it was still comfortable to myself. There wasn't very much milk for the array of complinentary teas, coffees, and hot chocolates but there was enough for 2 drinks and it was nice. Overall, an exceptional stay.

The décor was pretty, it was very clean with good space for organising your belongings, and staff was friendly. The shower was very great and relaxing. They also offer meals throughout the morning to evening if you fancy some cooked food other than take away.

• Reviewed: December 15, 2018

Ok probs would stay again good location clean but freezing
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The room was on the third floor with no heating on a very cold December evening plus the bed was directly under a velux window which had a bad draft we were freezing all night with no staff around to rectify situation.

Ckean and comfy

• Reviewed: December 15, 2018

Value for money if you have no expectations.
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Beds looked like they never been changed bedding was bubbly, mattress nothing to it. The noise from people walking upstairs and using the shower next door. The bathroom toilet made some loud noise I actually jumped out of bed thinking some pipe has burst as it was that loud. Also no tv which I didn’t mind. No staff on site or visibly on sites. Mobile number provided but was turned off going straight to gifgaf voice mail. If you are traveling alone especially at night when you park on the property it’s actually scary as there are no actual lights other than one dim light once you have walked the little ramp near the door even then when you try to hurry inside you have to enter a code that works after a few attempts.

It was value for money most definitely £30 so you can’t really have high expectations.

• Reviewed: December 13, 2018

Clean and comfy.
    • Family Room with Private Bathroom

Shower not great, water wouldn’t drain properly and shower attachment broke so had to hold shower head. No mirrors in room which for a party consisting of 2 women getting ready for a night out, not ideal.

Clean and comfy.

• Reviewed: December 13, 2018

Nothing to like

Booked for 2 people , bed size very small, matress very poor condition , left side mattress was gone completely , saggy mattress, dirty walls in the room, water leakage in the toilet , over all poor house keeping , slept on floor

Nothing to like

• Reviewed: December 10, 2018

You get what you pay for.

Bed was not comfortable. Pillows were hard. There was a large spider in my room. The room faced the main road so there was a lot of traffic noise. The room was also very dimly lit. There was no full length mirror. No Tv in the room. The building was rather difficult to find. It was farther away from the town Centre than I thought. The check out time is quite early, and check in is rather late.

The room was very spacious. There were ironing facilities. The building itself is quiet. The WiFi was very fast. The bathroom and room were clean. They provide bathing liquid and shampoo. It was worth the money I paid and there was nothing particularly bad about my stay.

• Reviewed: December 9, 2018

Disappointing for the money I paid.

100% not value for money! Communal Shower room was not draining properly therefor had hair all over it from previous user. Not all facilities were available in each room. E.g hairdryer. Stain in the corner on the wall

It was a family run business, self check in was pretty easy. The single bed was surprisingly comfy. The sheets were very soft but could tell they were old

• Reviewed: December 8, 2018

Bog standard

Stayed for one night, didn't see any staff throughout the stay. Mattress was uncomfortable and nosing when moving and shower was in need of repairs.

Good location, close to local amenities. Easy check in and out but no staff on hand for queries or requests.

• Reviewed: December 8, 2018

Everything, quiet and cosy, simple.

Nothing. No downsides to my stay at all

Everything, quiet and cosy, simple. Close to look shops and city centre. Bigger than it looks. Lovely hotel, would stay again!

• Reviewed: December 6, 2018

What you'd expect for the price
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Cold - heater was very weak, never warmed up the room properly. Wardrobe broken - one of the doors kept falling off. Sink Blocked - had to unclog it our selves due to lack of staff about. Window stiff - took two of us to shut it. Part of bed broken - however, didn't effect comfort.

Comfortable beds, well decorated for a cheap small room, kettle and hair dryer was provided, not too noisy, easy check in, good size room for price, plenty of power sockets, water temperature was good.

Relatively as expected.
    • Triple Room with Private Bathroom

I didn't see a single member of staff during my whole stay- it was a self check in situation. We came back to our room quite late and there was people stood outside the hotel, as we had to use a code to get in they followed us in. There was no staff so I'm not sure if these people were staying at the hotel. This made me feel a little unsafe as anyone could have been in the hotel.

Value for money- was very cheap. Good location and easy to get to places in Manchester from the location. Room looked as expected. They made available lots of tea/coffee/sugar so we didn't run out at all, probably the most I've ever seen in a hotel room.

• Reviewed: December 6, 2018

Would rather have paid more for a good nights sleep
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

There was no tv in the room, the toilet broke, the shower head broke, the headboard broke and the doors were banging all night long, worst nights sleep ever

• Reviewed: December 5, 2018

Firstly there was no clear visible sign of the name of the...
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Firstly there was no clear visible sign of the name of the guest house The room was dirty and had rizzla bits in the complimentary coffee things No one to ask about getting access to an iron I had to wander around the whole building looking for one The bed was very uncomfortable it was two single beds out together and it felt like there was a hole in the middle of the bed The sheets where stained It was an awful experience and I recommend some changes be done to this place I would not recommend it to anyone .

• Reviewed: December 4, 2018

Peaceful place
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The Lift was out of order. more plugs needed.as the only socket was behind the bed, not great for the short kettle lead! Toilet cistern take a while to fill.

The Excellent location for the arena and local amenities. Friendly staff. Food readily avallible if required. Comfortable bed. Lovely place to stay.

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

Close to city centre with good transport links.

We had to pay to leave luggage before check in time. We asked beforehand if we will be charged for it but they said no as we are not checking in, just leaving luggage. However, when we got there the housekeeper asked to be paid £5 per head.

Close to city centre with good transport links. You get what you pay for.

Awful stay
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

I am very unsatisfied the staff were very unhelpful the shower wasn’t working properly (faulty) no hot water. My friend fell down the stairs due to the stairs being narrow. I notified the manager by telephone he said nobody was in the building and unable to get hold of house keeping. In the process of my friend felling down the stairs her toe nail was caught at the bottom pf the stairs on the door. She was in agony all night. I then notified the lady who was on the desk when checking out she did appear to be bothered I will be taking this further. Not happy at all it was an awful experience.

• Reviewed: December 3, 2018

Good area, very close to a variety of restaurants within a...
    • Deluxe Double Room

One downfall was that there was no one on reception for the duration of our stay, but considering we had no issues there was no need of any assistance.

Good area, very close to a variety of restaurants within a 5-10 minute walking distance. Queens road tram station also close by (8-10 mins walk) with easy access to Victoria and Piccadilly station. Room was very spacious, clean and warm considering the weather conditions. Cleaners were lovely when we bumped into them. Would stay here again, thanks for having us.

• Reviewed: December 2, 2018

Easy to enter house and room using text message with codes.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

- No obvious sign when it’s dark (had to ask someone where it was as just a plain 6ft wall with no obvious indication it was that building) -Dirty bed -Freezing cold (no heating only small heater that didn’t do much use unless sat right next to it) -No staff our whole stay (agreeably only 1 night but never saw a glimps of any staff to report things too) -Broken bed so was uncomfortable -Broken fan in bathroom so was unsure If still safe -Around the toilet was dirty but the shower and inside toilet was clean -Window wouldn’t shut properly so had an awful draft which we had to try block using a towel -None of the toiletries were available as mentioned. (Empty shower gel, shampoo etc)

Easy to enter house and room using text message with codes. Room was ok size for us for one night.

• Reviewed: December 1, 2018

Clean but bad broken bed

Bed was awful, basically a topper mattress on a very old broken base. Worst sleep ever! Very very noisy property. Can stay in the city centre for a similar price and much much better standard. Felt like I’d stayed in a half way house

Room was very clean, no tv though.

• Reviewed: November 26, 2018

They serve tasty greasy burger :)
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

A bit of disturbance all night long of the first day, but it improved for good in the remainder of the week. Illumination at the entrance could be improved, rainy days specially cause it gets darker and you can barely see what you are stepping at.

They serve tasty greasy burger :)

• Reviewed: November 23, 2018

Extremely disappointed
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

I didn't like anything about the property. It was dirty, bed sheets had marks on them, people had been smoking in the rooms as cigarettes where put out in cups, the smoke alarm went off in the middle of the night as people were smoking in there room, there was no one there to complain to. It should be listed as a Hostel and not a Guesthouse

There was absolutely nothing at all that I liked about this property.

• Reviewed: November 22, 2018

Filthy!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Filthy rooms, cigarette wrappers and an item of clothing found under the bed, broken shower door and shower head. Marks on the bed sheets that looked like make up. Avoid!

• Reviewed: November 22, 2018

Value for money but not a comfy stay
    • Deluxe Double Room

Room 211 the bed was broken there was no tv and there was no hot water to show and the springs to the bed are coming out making it uncomfortable to o sleep on

The room was a good and nice size

• Reviewed: November 21, 2018

Terrible
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

The room window was cracked, the bed sheets dirty very dated infact worst place I've ever stayed. I got Biten on my legs and arms from the flea infested bed!

• Reviewed: November 17, 2018

Good value for money

Quests next door to me were a bit noisy but everything else was great

Very clean rooms had no tv but free wifi so just used my mobile and bathrooms good room service food was lovely very good.for the price

• Reviewed: November 14, 2018

Cheap enough, no frills and walkable into the centre if the weather's ok. If not, there are buses.
    • Small Single Room

Bed felt like it was about to collapse on any movement. It didn't though.

Easy enough to sign in with the building code and room "safe" code sent via SMS (text). Quite well presented for the price.

• Reviewed: November 13, 2018

Don’t let the bad reviews fool you, yes they probably need...

Don’t let the bad reviews fool you, yes they probably need to hire another cleaner going by the late Checkin and early check out but it’s goid value for money.

• Reviewed: November 13, 2018

absolutely awful

everything nothing upto any standard DONT BOOK ITS A DUMP we only stayed as it was to late to find somewhere else

don't stay here worst hotel I've ever stayed in fire doors wedged open no tv shower broken bed worn out flat pillows dirty stains every where

• Reviewed: November 12, 2018

Not a place I would want to stay again!
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Sheets were thin & didn't seem clean, beds and pillows lumpy and extremely uncomfortable. There didn't seem to be anyone around to help & for a family run house we didn't see the family & very noisy on some nights.

It was a good shower, the room was warm & when we did see staff she was friendly.

It's a no from me
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Bedding stained, dust on coathangers, big crack in sink, shelf in bathroom loose, lots of hair in plughole in shower so water took forever to drain. No plug for sink. One of the beds felt like it was in the verge of collapse, no tv, no staff on site

Location was good

Rubbish
    • Deluxe Double Room

Mold on the shower head, room had been smoked in and had a disgusting reek to it, old, dirty-looking bedsheets albeit washed, "queen" bed was tiny, window could not stay open by itselft, lights were such that could be found in a drugslab, walls were paper thin, no reception personell present on the premises and shower drainage did not work properly.

• Reviewed: November 11, 2018

!!!!

The shower was mucky, black stuff all over the rubber seals & corner of the shower tray. Handles on the wardrobe wrong way round, holes in the ceiling, bed rocked every time you moved, doors don’t shut quietly or have a buffers around them, No staff on site, so got youths just running round all night.. It’s like a doss house more than a guest house... I would have had a better night in my transit connect or a tent.

!!!!

• Reviewed: November 9, 2018

Terrible, worse place I’ve ever stayed in!!!
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Very dirty, disgusting place. Ripped bed sheets, hair in the bed, dirty walls, food on the floor. No one there to help and when contacted the owners they were only prepared to offer half a refund. Very quick to take payment prior to arrival. I now know why!!! Avoid this at all costs!!!

• Reviewed: November 6, 2018

Very clean, warm.
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Very clean, warm. Staff are friendly and allowed us a late checkout. Rooms are basic but have everything you need, strong shower and tea/coffee. Beds were comfortable too. Great value for money.

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

That the bathroom had a separate bath and shower
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

No tv in room Someone was banging and kicking the front door all night so we could not sleep. If a member of staff had been there that could have been stopped

That the bathroom had a separate bath and shower

• Reviewed: November 5, 2018

Alright apart from the alarm.

The fire alarm or some alarm went off at stupid o'clock in the morning, woke us up and completely ruined our sleep

Cheap, last minute, easy to book, arrive any time and no bother from staff.

• Reviewed: November 4, 2018

The room in the guest house was disgusting, not even a TV.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Having an extension plugged into an extension, dirt behind and under the bed, the headboard was broken. The toilet seat was broke, although tea and coffee was provided there was no milk. The only window in the room was a skylight, which had been left open. Dirty water had dripped onto the bed, and the covers and pillow cases had stains on them. Worst of all there were no staff available, your key is in a key safe and you get the number sent via messenger. I would have complained, but didn't know who to speak to.

The guest house was in walking distance of Salford, so location was good.

• Reviewed: November 4, 2018

The room didn't live upto it's expectationnwhich were shown on the website.
    • Deluxe Double Room

-The fact that the bed was uncomfortable , and the materass was was brown underneath the sheet . -The fact that if you were to have a shower you would come out more dirty as the shower head had mold growing on it . -The cables are unsafe as you could easily trip up. -The facilities were lacking as some things which were listed on the website we never go e.g. a fan. -And the fact that there wasn't anyone on the desk who you could go and get help from as there wasn't anyone there the whole time .

• Reviewed: November 3, 2018

Dirty and loud, definitely wouldn’t stay there again.
    • Triple Room with Private Bathroom

Very dirty - pillows, blankets, bathroom was terribly dirty. So much loud. The fair alarm turned on many times per night!!! When we had problem and tried to call stuff (because on the reception we didn’t see anybody for all the time when’re stayed there) they didn’t answer the call and didn’t call back - quite rude. Definitely wouldn’t stay here again.

Quite good location

• Reviewed: November 1, 2018

Cheap
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The bed was broken, the wardrobe was broken and stuck together with sellotape, the wallpaper was also kept together with sellotape, the roof window did not lock and we did not feel comfortable staying there, we complained on booking.com and we were moved, for the next bed to also be broken with a dip on the bed base, the mattress was horrible and we could feel every single spring, the pillowcases also had stains on. We did not see any staff we simply got texts to say how to enter the hotel and our room, fair enough it was cheap at £60 a night but my back was in agony and we went away for the girlfriends birthday, she was not comfortable in that hotel but it was too late to book anywhere else.

Cheap

• Reviewed: October 30, 2018

Unsafe

Everything. The health and safety was terrible. Having a plastic bag with an elastic band around the smoke alarm is illegal and should not be tolerated. I have requested money back as that is not a safe place to stay. Also the bed was broken in the middle making my colleague have to pay for physiotherapy as a result of a poor nights sleep and a damaged back. I do not recommend this guesthouse to anyone.

• Reviewed: October 25, 2018

Poor conditions no contact from company no off road parking available
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

Poor decoration bed linen look old and like it had been used not clean firealarm went off 4 times no reel procedure seem to be followed I would not class as a guest house most rooms were lived in full-time a couple of rooms were rented

• Reviewed: October 24, 2018

Would never stay here again, cost £109 I wouldn't pay £1 to stay here again. Cobwebs all over the ceiling, no milk for a cup of tea or coffee, one bathroom for whole floor, nightmare, feel totally ripped off.

• Reviewed: October 24, 2018

My experience was tolerable for one night but not worth £90+
    • Small Single Room

Due to the interior layout, my room was somewhat challenging to find. Once I did so, I found my key already in the lock, having already been sent a door code to access the key from a box near the lock. Entering the room, I was immediately struck by a strong odour of cigarette smoke. I then checked the bedsheets, which had creases and bits of lint, or something, and also smelled strange. I found two staff members, one, seemingly a caretaker, who had a mobile blaring bad music from her pocket, initially argued that the sheets had been changed and that the washing detergent was the source of their odd smell (although she did change the sheets for me). The caretaker also mentioned that the previous occupant apparently smoked in the room (despite hotel rules stating otherwise), hence the lingering aroma, even though a window had been left open. I found it hard to believe that the smell was only due to one person, though. Despite another staff member vigourously spraying air freshener around the room and my leaving the window open most of the time, the stink of smoke remained throughout my stay. I also had to resort to using the one working plug socket for the bedside lamp and the kettle, which I filled using water from the cold bathroom that was a bit too far from my bedroom.

I liked the promptness of the communication beforehand (e.g. texting me the door codes). The staff were polite and eager to help. The bed was comfortable, the bathroom was clean and the shower hot. I had free drink sachets and WiFi, too.

• Reviewed: October 22, 2018

Great location but wouldn’t recommend
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

The shower was cold. We paid for an extended check out but was disturbed twice. The bed was horrendous. The room was tiny

The location was the only thing that was positive

• Reviewed: October 19, 2018

Location very handy and normally very quiet

Stopped here a few times with very successful visits... but last visit was unsettled. Doors bagging an thumping on stairs i did have a low grade room. Which was compact clean. Kettle provided but only socket available is on a narrow bed side cabinet where balance kettle on it is something only to be done when fully awake

Location very handy and normally very quiet

• Reviewed: October 15, 2018

Absolute nothing.

The whole place was shabby inside & out. The doors were flimsy & my tiny ground floor room was squashed next to another behind a fire door. The narrow layout meant I slept with nose 2 feet from the door & 2’6” away from next door! The nearest electricity socket was an extension lead that just reached the foot of the bed & the only table light was beyond the wardrobe. All furnishings were of the cheapest materials with the bed itself wobbly when you turned over taking the cheap fitted sheet with you leaving you lying directly on the mattress. Finally the noise from other guests coming & going went in until after 2am talking in corridors & playing music, then due to having shared facilities, the doors were banged open & shut throughout the night. I was booked onto a 3 day conference & had a 2 night stay but couldn’t go back after the 1st night. I felt unsafe & totally uncomfortable.

Absolute nothing.

• Reviewed: October 15, 2018

Not worth it
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Didn’t like anything in there wouldn’t even give them 1* we couldn’t use the toilet in comfort as the toilet seat was broken and just up and wouldn’t go down there was a spider hanging down on the light, called them the next day about the issue we had as there were no staff to be seen around at the property and told them the price we paid for the stay was not worth it all and the man on the phone blamed me for telling them this now, would never stay in that place again disguting!!!

• Reviewed: October 14, 2018

It was a short drive away from the centre.
    • Twin Room with Private Bathroom

The cleanliness was poor, stains and hairs all over both beds whilst the bathroom was dirty as well. Also there was no toilet roll and we didn’t see a single staff member so couldn’t ask for any.

It was a short drive away from the centre. A very average room and toilet - you get what you’re paying a small amount for.

• Reviewed: October 11, 2018

Cheap, no frills accommodation for a quick overnight stay

Strong smell of cigarette smoke coming from somewhere (potentially another room in the building) in the morning, and the shower wasn't particularly hot. Also upon arrival, our key was not locked in the key box outside the door. Instead it was in the lock - seemingly the cleaners had left it in there after cleaning.

• Reviewed: October 9, 2018

Comfortable but disconcerting
    • Triple Room with Private Bathroom

We didn’t encounter anyone who worked at the property; were unclear about breakfast, so we just left; and we had 3 fire alarms go off in one night which was extremely concerning, especially as there seemed to be no staff on site to confirm whether everything was ok. There was no one around in the morning to discuss the fire alarms the night before, which was worrying.

Easily accessible, free parking available, comfortable beds, early check in available, and good sized room.

• Reviewed: October 8, 2018

Absolutely horrendous
    • Family Room with Private Bathroom

Everything , for a start there was no staff to welcome you or help you with anything we just got left a message of how to open our room , when we arrived at our room the door was open with the key on the door , very secure and safe by the way , we come into the room and the window was wide open which lead out onto a clearly unsafe balcony but surprise surprise the window didn’t close shut , the bed sheets were dirty there were marks all over the walls and floor , and as for the entrance from the front of the building to the main entrance was just full of litter and clearly not well looked after it’s like they don’t care , will not be staying there again the photos on the website are completely false to the reality !!!!

• Reviewed: October 7, 2018

Basic facilities at a reasonable price, you get what you pay for,

No towels provided so we we're unable to have a shower, and although their was tea coffee and sugar there was no milk so we weren't able to have a warm drink, didn't like that it was a shared bathroom but it was clean.

Good value for money, room was clean

• Reviewed: October 6, 2018

Not worth 30 pound a night.
    • Double Room with Private Bathroom

Sheets seem old, its not what it looks like on the pictures the persons put. Whole place needs renovating. Can feel the springs on bed.. place needs a tv.

Bathroom was clean