Reviews of Radisson Blu Edwardian, New Providence Wharf 4 stars

5 Fairmont Avenue, Canary Wharf, Tower Hamlets, London, E14 9JB, United Kingdom

#79 of 977 hotels in London

Disappointed
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Couldn't find us a twin room. Some random staff member coming into th3 room late at night. rude reception staff when we first arrived. Promised to reduce parking bill based on not being able to have a twin room. Then adding it onto bill at the end anyway. Quality of room service meal

Bathroom was nice. Breakfast selection good but expensive.

Awesome value and beautiful hotel
    • Deluxe King Room with River View

Nothing! Everything about the Radisson was excellent. Great customer service. Insanely clean building inside and out. Fantastic location.

The staff were amazing and always helpful. It was easy to find and very easy to get into the city and across to the O2. The room was always tidy and well stocked. I have absolutely no complaints.

My stay at the hotel was nice, the staff made it an amazing experience
    • Superior King or Twin Room

The resturant was over priced for what it was, the staff made it amazing. The food however was not great.

The staff were friendly and polite, the service was fast and stress free

I like it (mostly)
    • Business Double Room

Breakfast food was not very hot even though breakfast bar had just been topped up with fresh bacon/sausage.

Brilliant location ,staff were fantastic.other than the breakfast i was pretty impressed.

One of my best ever hotel stays
    • Deluxe King Room with River View

The price of breakfast! Although I loved the breakfast so worth it!

Everything! I loved the cosy spa with extremely sweet staff in it. I loved the breakfast selection, my room (river view room) was jaw droppingly gorgeous and the bathroom was massive! I loved the view from my room and the little extras inside it like; the mini sewing kit, mini bar and shower caps. It was my Partners birthday and they left a card and a little cake for us. It was truly a wonderful stay ❤

Sublime! Cannot recommend the hotel enough!!
    • Superior King or Twin Room

No issues with the hotel at all however not clear on booking.com that the O2 is not particularly easily accessible on foot. Yes it is very close but over the Thames, to walk around would take over an hour. Thankfully very very helpful staff sorted out taxis and use of their free shuttle service made light work of travelling back and forth

Staff were amazing, hotel clean, gorgeous and amazing service.

It was lovely and relaxing and I would recommend

The spa was disappointing. There was no pool or hot tub and not much to do really.

The receptionist was lovely. The other staff were helpful though getting a drink took quite a bit of time. I liked the view from our room and the room was clean and comfortable. The hotel is a very very nice looking hotel and relaxing to be in. Also its very secure as you need a key card to go in the lifts as well as your room.

Large clean room, nice bathroom, staff don’t speak English.
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Staff don’t understand you because they don’t speak good english. Was told the shuttle to Canary Wharf station would be clearly marked but we missed it twice, then a very rude Asian man (the driver) told us off for standing in the wrong place saying that’s why we missed it. Tolls the hotel we are vegan, no plant milk in the room. Spa area dirty and noisy Steam room falling apart (tiles all broken, hardly any steam) Spa area completely waterlogged, dangerous as I nearly slipped over

Nice room, good space, clean.

Very welcoming, loved the card and cake we had given to us...
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Very welcoming, loved the card and cake we had given to us for our anniversary! Bed was really comfortable and breakfast was really good! Was a good selection to choose from!

All great

Customer service was excellent especially the lady on guest service when we arrived. Nothing was too much trouble - highly recommend this hotel

Great hotel
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Shuttles to the O2 when big events are on would be a good addition.

Gorgeous hotel with lovely sized spotless modern rooms. We stayed for an event at the O2 and it was perfect. Beautiful views and so quiet. Staff were wonderful and the sweetie cart was a great touch.

• Superior King or Twin Room

It's REALLY wonderful and the food was amazing - it was an excellent stay and my partner still doesn't believe that we got our room for the price we did.

had a lovely comfy stay with a clean room. staff very helpful
    • Superior King or Twin Room

more pastries and cakes in the breakfast for that little extra

clean room good breakfast my stay was short so had a limited experience but would definitely love to come again

The location is very central
    • Superior King or Twin Room

They had one staff at the check in desk when I visited and there was a bit of queue although it was very late in the night

The location is very central

Great hotel will be staying again thank you so much 😃
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Sorry it’s one of the best hotels I have stayed in in a long time and I stay in a lot of hotels because of what I do for a living even better than some of the Mayfair hotels

First the staff gave us a welcome check in the food and drinks where amazing and my room was clean and very relaxing

Visually very nice, but we only wanted a good sleep which we didn’t get.
    • Superior King or Twin Room

There was a wedding, we were on the second floor and couldn’t get to sleep due to the base of the music pumping through well past midnight. The events room is obviously poorly soundproofed.

The location was lovely and the hotel was very well presented

Very enjoyable
    • Superior King or Twin Room

The free water could have been chilled.

Great shower comfy pillows. Prosecco on check in. Quick elevators, room close to access.First hotel. To offer plugs with USB cable access points. Thumbs up

This was an excellent choice.
    • Superior King or Twin Room

This was an excellent hotel. Staff were friendly and always with a smile and ready to help. Champagne reception was a real treat. Room was very clean and a beautiful view of the Thames river. Everything was perfect. I would definitely Riley stay here again and recommend to friends and family.

Good and stylish hotel in peaceful area
    • Superior King or Twin Room

A little bit complicated route to station for first time. Wardrobe of clothes were in bathroom what was little bit strange arrangement.

Modern and clean hotel and room. Friendly staff. Location was peaceful and clean but little bit travel to sightseeing.

Excellent room, so clean and very comfy, wouldn't go back due to restaurant and location
    • Superior King or Twin Room

The restaurant experience was poor. No service initially at lunch time, had to go and find a member of staff to take drinks order. Food was uninspiring. Breakfast was very disappointing - for £20 per head I would have expected a much better quality of what was on offer. There were no danish pastries, no body came and asked us if we wanted a special order. The scrambled eggs were dreadful, the bain maries were empty (although they were replenished), the coffee was cold and the whole experience really disappointing - reception refunded cost of breakfast.

The room was exceptionally clean and comfortable, well done to Housekeeping. The reception staff were excellent.

Lovely hotel good location very friendly staff

There was half an onion left in our mini bar

Check in was probably the most pleasant and friendly and helpful I have ever encountered loved the extra touch of the complementary Sweet cart 😃

I would recommend to friends and family...will certainly use again
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Main entrance carpet needs a deep clean....just my opinion if i was the owner... First impresions last :) Everything else was just perfect.

Staff were great, upbeat and cheerful.

Radisson Blu Stay - Foo Fighters 22062018
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Getting woken up by some goon in the morning, ringing the bell to my room, thinking that i'd ordered orange juice. I hadn't.

Ruth, the lady was great at welcoming me to the hotel. The breakfast was really good. Bed was very comfortable.

Beautiful hotel.
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Quite expensive but luckily I got a decent ish deal because I'd booked several months in advance

Beautiful hotel. Nice view of the themes at breakfast, but we had to be seated inside as there werr no tables with a view availale

We would always consider staying here when visiting London. DLR is just a five minute walk away.
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Mini bar was (not unusually) hideously expensive. The sink didn’t drain properly, it took an age to empty.

All the staff were friendly and helpful, room was good, bed comfy and everything was clean.

We had a fantastic stay
    • Deluxe King Room with River View

Beautiful hotel in a lovely location, staff were very friendly and helpful. We had a room overlooking the 02 and Thames and it was just perfect. Very impressed with our room , we would definitely stay again .

We wouldn’t stay again
    • Superior King or Twin Room

The location, the room was quite basic compared to other Radisson’s ive stayed in and our bed sheets were all ripped

the Radisson breakfast never disappoints

Amazing hotel with attentive staff.

Wouldn't improve anything.

Room spotless and roomy. Staff couldn't do enough for us. Shuttle bus a bonus too. Breakfast is a must, varied and delicious. Pastries scrumptious. Will definitely book here again without hesitation. Such a relaxing hotel.

The staff were great.
    • Business Double Room

Not best places for easy access to the O2. Breakfast was chaotic and the seats were uncomfortable. Within a 24 hour stay we had housekeeping knock on our room 4 times and again early on the morning of check out. Our car was driven back from the parking by a member of staff whom had never driven an automatic car before so he was breaking hard and dint know how to put the hand-break on. 😞

The staff were great.

Some of the items were a bit misleading in the room.
    • Business Double Room

Some of the items were a bit misleading in the room. For example the dressing gowns hung up had big blue labels on them sayinf “Take me home” but only when you turn the label over and read the much smaller writing on the back do you realise they will charge you £95 if you do.

Very nice and comfortable hotel, only let down by fiddly directions and the ac in our room.
    • Superior King or Twin Room

The AC in our room was a little all over the place, it got quite stuffy and the staff weren't that bothered when we rose it with them. Simultaneously - I know London quite well and this is still quite a fiddly hotel to find your way to. They could help provide better directions.

Room was nice and comfortable. I think if you luck out and have a thames view it would be a really great stay.

Great hotel and facilities in good location for exploring London
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Great location 10min walk from East India DLR station. Also 20 min walk to Canary Wharf shops and places to eat/drink. Good little Italian just around the corner where we had lunch just after we arrived. Breakfast was good with a great selection. Staff at breakfast were not hugely attentive but when asked did serve you. Reception staff friendly and helpful especially when there was some confusion over the booking (not hotels fault but booking.com). Great view of Thames and O2. We stayed to attend an event at the O2 which was just a short taxi ride away. Bed was super comfy and hotel quiet so had a good nights sleep. Went to the spa which is included in your stay (no jacuzzi) but sauna steam room and heated beds in the relaxation room were lovely. Would absolutely stay here again.

average at best
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Overall not a bad stay, bed wasn’t the comfiest and staff was arguing and shouting in the restaurant and wasn’t able to help with a simple question, room was overall clean but in the bathroom there was some dirt around the toilet area , also staff was arguing about something going missing so it’s never great staying in an hotel with a suspected thief on the run.

Brilliant entrance to the hotel it’s really nice on arrival

Best hotel in England 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿
    • Superior King or Twin Room

There wasn't anything I didn't like was all good for the hotel

All of it was amazing room was fantastic, great breakfast and lovely view and then the staff was very friendly and helpful

Overall stay was good had a great view of the River Thames
    • Superior King or Twin Room

When I booked the hotel room I requested if a birthday note or something complimentary could be put in the room wishing my boyfriend a happy birthday, I got an email asking for his name to put a note and I was told something would be done however it wasn’t completed and that was a let down.

The view from our room was great and the bed was really comfy

Best Weekend Away
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Beautiful hotel lovely rooms massive bathrooms we visited for my 30 th birthday and i walked into my room to rose pettles and little birthday cake and card lovely with a spectacular view of the thems river and docks service breakfast was amazing and staff were very helpful I would definitely stay here again when we come to London again x

Very impressed with the hotel and staff were excellent
    • Superior King or Twin Room

The area was a little unsure after dark. Saw a couple of guys riding around on a scooter that was a little scary as it is a little bit of a walk from East India. Probably a safer route coming from Canary Wharf? It would have been nice to have had a door that locked on the bathroom and also a door that went down to the very end of the floor. Biscuits in the room with the tea and coffee facilities would also have been a nice touch, especially to have on waking up in the morning.

The staff were very friendly and very helpful. The sweet cart on arrival was a lovely touch as with the strawberries dipped in chocolate left in the room. Lots of shower gel, shampoo etc.

A great place to stay in London
    • Business Double Room

Our mini bar did not open, we reported the malfunction but no-one came to fix it so we were not able to use it. The shower was really small, and handling the water temperature and pressure was quite a challenge at the beggining.

The location is nice, quiet, gated. The DLR station is walking distance. The room is nice, clean, the bathroom very clean. Loved the restaurant terrace, very nice. Very good breakfast selection. Decent room service.

It was a wonderful to stay in this Hotel
    • Superior King or Twin Room

I would like to thank all the staff at Radisson Blu Edwardian ( New Providence Wharf  Canary Wharf) for my enjoyable birthday weekend.   From the upset of getting to the hotel the staff were very friendly and enthusiastic to help me for a comfortable stay. The receptionist who checked me in was very polite and took care of my needs.   It was an experience I will always take with me and I loved the room, the ambience of the reception and also great location with amazing water views. All overall I was very pleased with my weekend stay and I will always come back for more especially explore the restaurant and the bar. I wish you all the best and keep doing a great job and excellent customer service.   Kind Regards Ishmael Amissah Jnr

Super Hotel & Great Staff
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Hotel room was very nice & lovely bathroom. The staff were very attentive. They left a birthday card & surprise in our hotel room for my husband.

It was amazing! Due to be back very soon

That I couldn’t be there longer than I wanted to! Lol

I really enjoyed how friendly the staff were, how clean the hotel was and how soothing the spa was!

A hidden gem of a hotel in a beautiful East London area.
    • Superior King or Twin Room

That I couldn't stay longer.

The people that work at this hotel truly make it a wonderful experience and I have to shout out Ruth and Stefan in particular for making the stay absolutely wonderful

Staff made our stay special
    • Superior King or Twin Room

As my birthday was coming up we were upgraded to a room with a river view and a mousse and a rose arrived for me. Such a nice touch. The room was lovely, bed comfortable, very quiet and the bathroom had a bath and a shower. Dinner and breakfast both very good and the views from the glassed in terrace over the Thames were great. Especially as we saw a guy propose to his girlfriend while we were having dinner! Another good thing about the hotel is the free shuttle bus to Canary Wharf which we used this morning. The price of the room was very good and we would definitely stay here again for a short break.

Bathroom very spacious and modern.
    • Business Double Room

Breakfast table very sticky and coffee pots too small - only given one pot for two people, waitress a little grumpy

Bathroom very spacious and modern. Bedroom a good size and communal areas very smart

Clean rooms, quiet and friendly staff.
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Didn’t like that there was so much plastic use. Each day we had new mugs which were individually wrapped in plastic. We didn’t see the point in that. Also we thought there was a full spa so we were disappointed not to have that as that was part of the reason for booking the hotel. Breakfast was expensive so we didn’t have it, but was a bit of a trek to find an alternative.

Clean rooms, quiet and friendly staff.

We only stayed one night but, really wish it was more!
    • Deluxe King Room with River View

There was nothing that my husband or myself didn’t like.

Most comfortable bed...ever!! Most delicious breakfast...ever!! I’d definitely return and recommend 😃

Absolutely brilliant, our first time in a Radisson hotel and would definitely book again

Bar staff could have been a little more happy

From entering the hotel to leaving it we were made extremely welcome, all the staff in reception and even the cleaner on her rounds as we left were really polite and helpfull

A lot, great room, it was my anniversary so they set up rose...
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Not much, just a little walk from DLR, great area, quiet but they run a free shuttle to Canary wharf.

A lot, great room, it was my anniversary so they set up rose petals and cake for us which was very nice. Great cocktails in the bar.

Great hotel, service was brilliant.
    • Superior King or Twin Room

nothing that i can think of.

Really nice room with all the amenities to hand, really comfortable bed, great choice at breakfast with a lovely view over the river. Staff were very friendly and courteous and helpful.

Very good, excellent hotel but need to train their bar staff
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Bar staff had no idea what they were doing, tried to charge us £39 for 2 shots, then asked me how much I should have payed, this caused me to miss my taxi to an event which made me late. It wasn’t her fault but she wasn’t trained. She had no idea which drinks were what, she had had no guidance on how to work the till. She ended up charging me £16 for 2 shots which I still don’t know if this is right or not. Extremely poor and embarrassing for her. I manage a nightclub myself and know how easy it is to train staff, this is not acceptable for a hotel of this standard. Otherwise, excellent stay and loved the hotel. Room service was excellent.

Comfy bed Virtual assistance (texting feature) Friendly staff Lovely furniture Extremely clean Perfect room set up Had lots of ammeanities Staff always went the extra mile View from our room looked out on to the O2 which was lovely Food was great from the room service Had £15 credit to spend at the hotel Checking in and out was easy Very safe and secure Restaurants within a short walk

They personalised it for our stay which was an anniversary...
    • One-Bedroom Suite

Was difficult for our uber driver to find, the satnav kept telling them to go in circles

They personalised it for our stay which was an anniversary celebration, asking our favourite fruit, leaving this and a card in our room, as well as a beautiful display on the bed

Absolutely outstanding.

Leaving!!

Staff did everything and more then expected. Food delicious. Service amazing. Bed was extra comfy, and the view was amazing. Above and beyond staff to make my propsal extra special.

Great access to O2 and amazing staff
    • Deluxe King Room with River View

Nothing negative to say - will be returning again.

Easy access to the O2 and short walk from Blackwell Underground station. Staff very welcoming and friendly. Breakfast selection impressive.

Impressed by the hotel and staff. Will happily return next time we're at the O2
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Not the hotels fault but a noisy neighbour didn't help us sleep. In the hotels defence, quickly and quietly sorted by Duty Manager. Nice email afterwards of apology from hotel. Not necessary really (things happen sometimes) but again a nice caring touch

Some really nice touches shown to us including a Happy Anniversary card and special touches to the room. Showed the staff had been very attentive during communication prior to arrival. Breakfast was nice especially when taken on the terrace with views over the O2 Arena. Very comfortable room close to the lifts. Nice décor generally inside. 2 short train trips and a 5 min walk from O2.

Very comfortable, restful and convenient.

The breakfast set-up was a little uncomfortable; there was an odd journey from the buffet area to the verandah. No papers were available on the Sunday or Monday at breakfast

The rooms very comfortable. The bathroom was excellent. The room was very spacious and quiet.

Very satisfactory stay. Fulfilled our needs admirably
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Food was very average. Choices reflected an ok pub not a hotel restaurant. A little too formulaic and probably did not involve an experienced chef. More a 'cook by numbers' offer. If this is not a fair reflection my apologies to chef. Understand its comfort food for sole business travellers in the main Room service breakfast was on time, plentiful and hot enough. Cab service charged more than the listed tarif at front desk.

Service staff were excellent. Not terribly knowledgeable but thats wasnt an issue. They were attentive and smiled. Parking worked somehow ! Front office team plentiful.

Would not return again put a bit of a downer on our trip
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Not near anything at all difficult to access anywhere Very expensive for the quality and location of the stay taxis required for getting places. Tube station stated as Canary Wharf you need a taxi from there or to use DLR Taxi to o2 £20 each way Staff quite rude at times Breakfast food not of good quality

Romantic stay with a beautiful view from the room and bath tub
    • Deluxe King Room with River View

I loved the standalone bath tub the view from the windows was excellent. It was very romantic with my partner for his 24th birthday and our anniversary day. The hotel gave us a cake for our anniversary and my partners 24th birthday with a birthday card from radisson Blu Edwardian New prov Wharf hotel staff. The bed was decorated with rose petals, it was a beautiful room and a love stay.

Complimentary prosecco and sweets on arrival/departure. Clean spacious rooms. Fabulous staff! Restaurant and views top it off!!! A lovely hotel and i will be returning!!!

The staff were helpful and the room was amazing value.
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Though it was straight across the river from the O2 it was not possible to walk there had to pay out for tubes and taxis

The staff were helpful and the room was amazing value.

Amazing short stay

You’re charged for the mixers in drinks at the bar, ie ordered a vodka and coke and you’re charged for the vodka and over £2 for the coke, which you can nearly buy a 6 pack of 330ml cans for. Over priced mini fridge also. - £3.50 for a kit Kat was a great belly laugh for us

A great valued room with all the amenities we needed. Lovely check in service and polite waiters

Perfect for a local wedding venue.
    • Deluxe King Room with River View

We ordered a taxi twice at the reception, we got the same taxi sadly, the taxi stank of stale cigarette smoke, rude, unpleasant driver, dangerous erratic driving, & charged us £10 on two completely different destinations, whereas the return trips, one with a London taxi & one with Orange cab (at 1am) cost £5.60. Please do not use this man in a light blue Prius private taxi.

Fav room the view very special. pity that the double bed wasn't divisible into 2 singles, I was travelling with my daughter. (we would have preferred single beds )

The hotel is simply beautiful and the facilities are top...
    • Superior King or Twin Room

The hotel is simply beautiful and the facilities are top class. And the view of River Thames from the restaurant covered by the dappled sunlight from the skyscrapers of the canary wharf is just breathtaking.

Comfortable and welcoming
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Tiny issue, kettle didn't work but only noticed this in the morning. Not a big problem as we were going down to breakfast. Advised reception when we checked out.

Comfy, clean and nice smelling room. Staff friendly and the breakfast was excellent.

Pretty good
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Late check in meant we were waiting around on arrival. Staff seemed friendly and helpful. But were told we would be informed when our room was ready and that didn’t happen. Also as good as the free shuttle service was, the driver wasn’t particularly pleasant. Not rude but very average

Location for the o2. Very clean and presentable room. Great shuttle service for the o2.

Over night stay
    • Superior King or Twin Room

I can not really fault the hotel.

The hotel was stylish, clean and the staff were very helpful. All aspects of our stay were fantastic, I would definitely recommend the breakfast. It was a trip for my husband's 40th, and after telling the hotel we found a lovely birthday card and cake waiting for him in our room upon arrival. Would definitely stay again.

Fantastic place to stay when visiting Londen

We liked it all

We had a fantastic time at the Radisson Blu. The suite was extremely comfortable and breakfast just fantastic. The staff goes out of there way to make you feel at home. Small extra's like the candy bar and strawberries dipped in chocolate (that were brought to our room) are extra's we didn't expect but were much appreciated.

Overall ok after a Swift action from reception straff addressing the por service by a discount ;-)
    • Business Double Room

The por service at the restaurang and the lack of snacks at the bar

The room, the quality of the breakfast, food & wine, the service at the reception, the shuttle bus.

Very relaxing and comforting! Great location and staff are amazing!
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Abit tricky with the parking but that’s all I could say really.

I have previously stayed here because and to be fair it would be the cleanliness and the VIEW over looking the docks and o2! Beautiful

Best night stay ever in a hotel, get booking!
    • Superior King or Twin Room

When I arrived, it was very busy in the entrance car park... Though eventually things did become quieter. The valet guys were really professional.

I absolutely enjoyed my entrance/welcome meeting your host Adam, was amazing he went above and beyond to ensure my stay was incredibly comfortable. I must say, he was incredibly courteous and even upgraded my room for me. Would like to give him lots of praises and commemoration. I will for sure come back and stay again as this was by far the most comfortablist, warmist and cosiest night sleep ever in a hotel. I will definitely be using the East River Spa facilities. Thank you to all the staff for an accommodating night stay, I will for sure be back in due course.

excellent with few bumps
    • Superior King or Twin Room

The biggest problem we had was the service for dinner in the restaurant. We had to wait for more than an hour for our main course after starters and the staff were clearly new trainees (untrained!!!).

The property is in a really good location with very good size clean rooms. We did hit a snag(half eaten sandwich in the mini bar) in the beginning but the whole experience was excellent.

I had a wonderful time in an excellent hotel!!
    • Superior King or Twin Room

The staff were wonderful, particularly Adam on reception. I was given a free upgrade which was so welcome after my journey from Lincolnshire. The glass of prosecco was a lovely touch. Breakfast was amazing. The French toast was exceptional. I left very happy!

Served the purpose that we needed!
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Of the two nearest DLR stations, one was a long-ish walk (10-15 minutes) and the other, while slightly shorter, necessitated taking a secluded underpass. Only saw one restaurant nearby.

Room was clean and well laid out, bathroom was nice with a walk-in shower and a bath. Usual selection of toiletries, etc.

The room had fantastic shower and bathtub
    • Superior King or Twin Room

The pilows was unconfy, The double bed was so small the matress didn't even fill the bed when asking the reciption they said this is the biggest they have.

The room had fantastic shower and bathtub

It took a very long time to check in as the person in...
    • Superior King or Twin Room

It took a very long time to check in as the person in question didn't have our request for twin room and also was going to charge an amount which exceeded the confirmed booking - I had to produce evidence of same whilst checking in which seem to take a long time given 3 other people checked in at the same time as us with another person.

Browse Radisson Blu Edwardian, New Providence Wharf traveller photo gallery