Reviews of Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham 4 stars

12 Holloway Circus, Birmingham, B1 1BT, United Kingdom

#48 of 78 hotels in Birmingham

• One-Bedroom Suite

Sink and bath were dirty from previous users, makeup marks everywhere. We kept getting random calls in the morning where the phone would ring once then hang up. Parking isn’t great around there Other guests aren’t very friendly and are very snobby!

Location, close to mailbox Beautiful views

• Standard Guest Room

Pillows were abit too soft

The views from the 18th floor were amazing. The location to the O2 was minutes away. Hotel easy to find. Bed was huge & so comfy. Breakfast was tasty & lots to choose from

• Standard Guest Room

The woman on the front desk was rude and left me waiting nearly 20 minutes because she couldn’t find my booking but walked off however the usual guy who helps me got my room sorted ASAP :-)

Every time I’ve stayed I’ve always received attentive service and has always been very nice!

• Standard Guest Room

Only criticism was the shower. I had trouble regulating the temperature of the water and in my sons room the pressure was low

The standard room was clean and so very comfortable -so pleased with black out curtain quality and air conditioning as very hot for our stay. A really good nights sleep! Views at the front wondeful-we were on the 9th floor and although we diodn't use the Gym we did check it out and were very impressed with that too. Staff helpful and pleasant, car parking at NCP at back of the hotel perfect location. Made us wish we had the time for an extra few days there in Birmingham.

• Standard Guest Room

There was nothing I didn't like

Staff very friendly and welcoming. Was treat very well and nothing was a problem. Room was amazing. Very clean and very comfy. Restaurant was great

• Standard Guest Room

The bar food was poor and very expensive. The salad was a few lettuce leaves and some peppers. The sandwich didn’t have what I asked for and was ver small and poorly presented.

Breakfast was excellent

• Standard Guest Room

When we arrived after a very long journey, the guy on reception who was foreign & very difficult to understand, maybe Spanish/Italian? talked very fast said we could have a superior room upgrade BUT we were then charged almost double what we were quoted when booking by the time we realised that I was too tired to argue so BEWARE if they try to upgrade you - you will pay double!!! I was quoted £220.00 for 2 nights but paid £420.00 !!

Bright modern hotel right in the centre of Birmingham minutes from New Street station so very convenient, we had an upgrade so room was big & very comfortable, breakfast buffet was fabulous

• Standard Guest Room

Pillows are horrible. They shrink the minute your head rests on them.

Modern facilities, location of our room overlooking Birmingham City which was amazing! Well ventillated and well designed room,really restful. Magnificent hotel and check in staff was wonderful!

• Standard Guest Room

Only quibble- not enough teabags on the tea making facilities in the room!

Superb facilities - room was spacious and clean. Staff helpful and friendly and breakfast was wonderful.

• Standard Guest Room

the staff were rude, i rang up before hand to check if i needed Id as i forgot mine and was already half way there however they were extremely rude and said they couldn’t do anything and i needed to cancel. Then as he started cancelling i said can i ring back, let me see if i can sort something out and he just cut me off straight away even though i was still being polite despite his rudeness. On top of that i was charged twice for the room and deposit. So i got there and paid cash £141 with deposit they said i’d get £50 back afterwards. That was fine however i was also charged £141 on my card too so i was charged double and they said they couldn’t do anything about it at the time and i had to wait to contact my bank. Terrible customer service. To me even though the facilities were good the staff being rude has put me off going again, it’s the little things like that which are more important and i felt like they just ruined my stay.

the facilities were great bed was comfy, room was immaculate, also loved the extra shampoos and other extras

• Standard Guest Room

I didn’t like that fact I stayed 2 nights and didn’t get clean towels for the second night or room cleaned or our bins emptied . Overall that’s not a big issue just want to make you aware.

The guy at the bar is as excellent , he was very polite and helpful. He made amazing cocktails. Excellent service.

• Standard Guest Room

Air con has a min setting of 19C stated - far too warm and made sleeping less comfortable. No working air extract in bathroom A persistant flow of beggers outside the front door.

wide variety on continental breakfast, smoked fish particularly room was lovely and great outlook (for a City Centre hotel)

• Standard Guest Room

Parking is a bit of a nightmare. It’s also not very clear that you have to pay £16 for parking for overnight parking. Overall the stay is value for money

• Business Class Room

The bar was meant to open at 12 on the sunday, and we were reassured it would be, but they werent ready till nearly one. But as a business class room we got a free drink

Breakfast great, with a huge selection, cleaning staff were great and on the ball.

• Standard Guest Room

Everything was great. A really great stay.

Really great location for the New Alexandra Theatre and a few minute walk to the Bullring. Staff were really helpful and happy to check in early if possible and the room itself was clean, comfortable and spacious.

• Standard Guest Room

Food was dreadful, I was asked preference for floor when booking so I asked for ground floor. Was given a room on 13th. I was also told I could park on site. The parking was an NCP 5 mins walk away that stunk of pee. After a full day's work and a 300 mile journey I was more stressed checking in than any other part of my 14 hour day.

Room was clean and modern.

• Standard Guest Room

Brilliant location for what we needed just across the road from the O2 academy. Comfortable spacious room with lovely view from 7th floor. Large choice of breakfast items available.

• Standard Guest Room

More tea and coffee on the tray on the room would have been good.

Lovely modern décor. Bright room, natural light. Good choice of breakfast. Very near Hippodrome, Bull ring.

• Standard Guest Room

Breakfast has gone downhill. My partner ordered a fried egg and is still waiting for it now and there was only 3 tables occupied at the time. Bacon was hard, cudnt pout a knife and fork through it and hash browns were soft. Croissants were anaemic.

Rooms were lovely as usual, plenty of space and very clean

• Business Class Room

Slow check in as only one person at the desk with a queue of around 5 people waiting and other members of staff seemingly oblivious stood behind the window behind reception. Fire alarm went off at 5am meaning everyone had to evacuate outside. After around 30 minutes was told we could re enter building however no member of staff stopped people from going back up the fire stairs meaning people couldn't get back out onto their floors and had to march back down to the lifts which were rammed. Decided to eat breakfast and leave as no point going back to sleep. No apology from staff in the dining room. Checked out around 7am. No apology off reception for the inconvenience. Didn't even ask how the stay was. Would not recommend this hotel. Much nicer hotels in the area for less money.

Comfortable room with lots of space Good breakfast

• Standard Guest Room

The location is fabulous, just right behind the train station, but it seems a bit messy around the hotel so need to be a bit careful when you go out at the late night

• Superior Guest Room

Alarm repeatedly going off for an hour at 5am. Staff were not responding to my calls. Did not go back to sleep afterwards and had an all day meeting the day after- tired!

Staff were friendly upon check in and my room was spotless

• Standard Guest Room

Parking was a challenge and the city of Birmingham is very run-down and dirty.

Great fitness center and fantastic breakfast. The price was very reasonable.

• Standard Guest Room

The bathroom smelt - like sewage. We called reception and they said all rooms were full so couldn’t move us. Fire alarm went off at 5am and whilst I appreciate that these things happen, it wasn’t very organised how they got us all out and no apology as it was a false alarm.

The bed was really comfy

• Standard Guest Room

Dinner in the restaurant and reception staff - unfriendly reception staff and quality of food in the restaurant for dinner was poor.

Cleanliness and location- chambermaids were extremely helpful and made our stay worthwhile.

• Standard Guest Room

The only downside is that you can hear the traffic if you’re in a room on the front , that’s not the hotels fault though as it’s just situated by an island

Love this hotel , I’ve stopped here 7 times now . The rooms are spotless, the beds are so comfortable and the staff are really friendly

• Standard Guest Room

The fire alarm went of approximately 5am in the morning. I was escorted from the 5th floor. Was not happy at all. 100 of people was very angry with this. I will not be staying there again. I tried to email direct to raddiosn blu hotel for an official complaint regarding this matter and want a full refund back. Turns out it was a false alarm. My experience there was an absolutely terrible!

• Standard Guest Room

Everything for us was perfect, nothing not to like

From the 2nd we walked through the door we had a friendly welcome, the room was spacious and clean and in a brilliant location for us.

• Standard Guest Room

Breakfast restaurant staff was a little ... less friendly, let's just put it this way.

Room was very modern and clean with a good view, staff was friendly and welcoming.. very helpful when needed help with key cards. Prime location, really close to everything I needed and centre in general.

• Superior Guest Room

There was advertising everywhere saying children eat free but when I came to check out we had to pay for the children’s meals as we had taken them in our room - I thought this was false advertising as it was not explicit anywhere that if you used room service (still paying the extra charge) the promotion didn’t count.

• Standard Guest Room

The Breakfast - Sorry ! Not good, Had far better. The sausages were Ok, but the bacon and scrambled egg were not good. We would stay definitely stay at the hotel again, but will skip the breakfast.

The beds, the quilt, the pillows, the room was lush. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

• Standard Guest Room

Bed was too soft so not good for my back, also the complimentary cosmetics in the bathroom were poor for a 4* establishment in my opinion.

Very friendly and knowledgeable staff and stylish and extremely clean and tidy!

• Standard Guest Room

Nothing - it was perfect for an evening out im theatre district

Pillows just wow. 6 of us stayed we all found the beds amazing. Reception were so lovely and helpful. Location was perfect and breakfast had everything we wanted. Brilliant hotel

• Standard Guest Room

We had asked for a room with a bathtub but were put in a room that was accessible accommodation with meant it just had a shower, when we asked one of the employees if we could move rooms they said they were fully booked so it wasn’t possible, but then we find out in the morning we could’ve been moved. Also prior to the stay I had asked the hotel about parking, and was told they have a special deal with a car park near by. so upon arrival we ask the receptionist about the car park and he said just take the first left and it’s right there. We take the first left and park at the first car park but it didn’t look right so we go back and ask again just in case we were wrong, we also mentioned the name of the carpark? the receptionist says yes that’s the correct one.We even asked again as we were supposed get a ticket from the car park which you pay when you leave the carpark, however the carpark we were sent too wanted us to pay right there and then, so we go back and tell him this and he replied you get your ticket in the morning. So we wake up to check out and ask for our parking ticket and find that we were directed to the wrong carpark. So we go back to the place where we parked and try and see if we can pay for the night before but it’s obviously not possible, so we now have to pay £30 for parking there instead of the £16 we would’ve paid at the carpark with the deal, which also means we will be now stuck with a parking fine, in total we could end up paying potentially £190. Which is a whole lot of crap. I don’t know how a hotel that claims to ‘ strive to deliver an exceptional level of service at all times’ and that has 100% customer satisfaction, when it was the clear lack of and poor quality of service, that will cost me more then double for what I paid for the room I stayed in.

A beautifully designed, luxurious hotel with spacious and clean rooms. The bed was super comfortable probably was the best night sleep I’ve had in a long time.

• Superior Guest Room

Nothing it exceeded my expectations. They went above and beyond to make our stay perfect.

The staff were very friendly and welcoming..couldn't do enough for us

• Standard Guest Room

for some reason they gave me a disabled room which meant sinks, beds etc were lower which was not a huge issue, its just i didnt ask for that

location was perfect

• Standard Guest Room

Brilliant Staff! We were greeted by Abigail who was very helpful with the general area and possible places to go. Martin was the bartender that evening and was a good laugh. Showed us where the nightlife was happening and even got us a map and explain exactly where to go. The facilities in the hotel were great and the location is fantastic. Not even a 15min walk from the shopping area and train station.No

• Standard Guest Room

Pillows far too soft. Noisy ventilation in room (not a/c). Explanation at check in regarding adding extras to our bill i.e any bar drinks or room service not clearly explained - had to query why larger security deposit taken.

• Standard Guest Room

Poor room service, they got my order wrong and I waited a good 30’min before my flat white arrived in the morning Value for money is not great, empty mini bar

Great Customer Service , friendly and helpful staff Fantastic central location , within 5’min walking distance to new street train station and the shopping centre bullring. Clean rooms

• Superior Guest Room

The quality of service is the biggest problem in this country. Sometimes I really have the feeling that THE STAFF and even the owners DO NOT CARE... We - THE CUSTOMERS - are not granted and you have to work hard and deserve our money. Never forget that our money pays your salaries/bills! If you don’t believe me...then just try to imagine this hotel empty for a month! Do you still think we are not the most important factor for your success? What drove me that crazy? 1. You have to pre-order and pay for a “mini bar package. How come? What if I do not drink alcohol and sparkling drinks and I just want to have water and some sweets? Why do I have to order a pack every time???!!! And the mini bar “fridge” doesn’t work as a proper mini bar. I expected at least cold water... 2. They asked you to pre-authorise a £50 per day payment. If you do not...then you cannot use room service... Practice known from the cheapest hotels in the world... 3. THE MAIN REASON TO PLACE THIS REVIEW - I was totally pissed of when I tried to order my room service and I have been told by the receptionist that it is breakfast time and I cannot order my room service...and can order only breakfast from the “breakfast leaflet” that I can find on the door lol. I asked to speak to the manager and when I asked why all these rules are not written, he told me that they do not expect someone to order a “steak” lol. To expect? Do you expect to receive your salary? Why? You don’t have to expect. You have to be prepared OR to make sure that your clients are INFORMED IN ADVANCE! I am here for the fitness expo and I eat meat...not bread, butter and syrup! ...you can see the pictures. This is the room service menu. There is no mention that I cannot order specific items during the breakfast time. And also the breakfast time is not specified! So how can I know and to plan my diet in advance?

• Standard Guest Room

Bathroom sink had blocked plug hole definitely not a major issue we did report on check out, breakfast we felt a little bit let down had to ask for tea & coffee halfway through our breakfast hard to get servers attention. Bit noisy outside bring earplugs but that’s a city for you!

Had top floor, good views of edgbaston and surrounding city check in staff very friendly and informative when asked about local sites to see. All in all a good stay

• Standard Guest Room

I’d originally booked another hotel, when I arrived it was awful, I walked straight back out and went to the Radisson, the guy on reception Nicu was extremely understanding and helpful, I would highly recommend this hotel, whenever I’m in Birmingham again this hotel will be the one I book

• Standard Guest Room

View was terrible but we weren’t in the hotel for long so didn’t really matter too much.

Room was really big and spacious. Had a table in it which made organizing food prep much easier! (Bodybuilder) Bed was huge and quite comfy.

• Standard Guest Room

They put a Happy Birthday in chocolate writing on a plate with some macaroons in the room which was a really nice touch and a card too

Husband’s birthday and it liked luxurious x

• Standard Guest Room

If you wish to use your laptop through the TV with a HDMI cable forget it, they have blocked the source selection on the TV, for "security" purposes and refused to release it. This should be highlighted on the booking page. No good if you wish to run through a presentation for a meeting in the morning, or watch a DVD etc. The staff are so sanitised they have become robots, trying so hard not to offend anyone, then end up bland, humourless and meaningless. The room card key was a joke, I had to have it reset every day for it to work, only you don't find out till you're outside your room! The reception guy argued that there was a hot food room service time on the in room menu, but there was not. Neither was there a time on the website. £5 tray charge is too expensive. It's a shame, because this could have been the most cost effective hotel to stay at in Birmingham.

Good location. Decent size room. Good bed. Good Wifi.

• Standard Guest Room

No dressing table in the room !! Hair dryer had a burning element in it, was replaced with one that didn't work! Resolved promptly 2nd time round. Not even a complimentary bottle of water either which i would expect at £123 a night

Comfy mattress, slept well, air con was great

• Standard Guest Room

There was no bell for assistance so I had to call for someone to check us in. I could see they were sat in the back through the glass.

The bed was very comfortable. The pillows were lovely and fluffy

• Standard Guest Room

couldn’t open the window I know we had been eleven floors up but just needed fresh air

Staff excellent on reception and security at night they had all been very polite and helpful

• Superior Guest Room

The Apple airplay was stolen from the room so didn’t get the chance to use that facility aside from that, everything was perfect.

Great views, lovely staff, and pristine room

Hard to find one!

Room was nice a quiet on the 17th floor back view rather than street view so that met my request to be in a quiet room. Decor was modern minimal but stylish and the bed was very comfortable. I was worried about the pillows after reading a review about them being too soft which on my trip seemed to be a load of nonsense they were more than perfect and very comfortable enjoyed 2 very good nights sleeps on them. Staff were very helpful and friendly one recommended a good spot which was not commercial to go and watch the Haye fight which turned out to be a very good recommendation indeed. Manager was also helpful around breakfast as I don’t eat meat or animal products so he allowed me the choice to still get breakfast at the order when checking in discount price if I looked on any day I was booked in for and saw anything I could eat which was a nice and thoughtful gesture.

• Standard Guest Room

The bathroom was pretty standard, and how can you not have sky with any room in the raddison blue hotel, when other hotels in which are rated way lower such as “the village hotel, holiday inn, premiere inn etc have got sky in every room, that was disappointing to be fair

I Liked the the bed, was very comfortable

• Standard Guest Room

The staff were not hospitable. To start off, I was booked into a room with disabled facilities even though my booking was for a double room, the receptionist did not mention that during the 15 minutes she spent looking through my details. Later when I asked the staff to change the room, I was accused of booking that room when my booking clearly stated otherwise.

The room was a very good size and the view was great. The location was perfect, a few minutes from New Street station, ideal for shopping and exploring the city centre and China town.

• Standard Guest Room

Receptionist Simone very rude when checking in.overnight car park expensive

Breakfast overpriced hot breakfast not nice at all dry as kept warm continental was nice

• Standard Guest Room

Check-in was awful. Though I had all my booking details with me, including the credit card that I had booked the room with, the person who dealt with me on reception could not find any record of my booking. As a result, check-in took fifteen minutes, and the person on reception had a bad attitude-it was like it was my fault that he could not find my booking.

The hotel room was very clean, and the room was to a high standard in general. The breakfast was excellent-alot of choice. The shower was powerful, and the bed very comfortable. I slept very well, which is always a good sign.

• Standard Guest Room

Stayed here a few times now. I like this hotel but just be aware it can be very noisy on a Friday and Saturday night until very early hours due to being so close to all the bars and clubs.

• Standard Guest Room

The staff member who greeted us was very rude and not helpful in the slighest. He made me pay again as i didnt have my card that i booked with. Show me where it states i need to take that card with me?!

Rooms were lovely and the bar

• Standard Guest Room

Wasn’t much info in the room with regards to check out times etc. The refreshments were very limited only enough milk for one hot drink each and no biscuits!

Room was lovely, hotel really clean and well presented. The bar was nice with a good range of drinks. The staff were all friendly and helpful.

• Business Class Room

Traffic noise Was a little noisier than expected, as we were on the 13th floor Had previously stayed on the 17th floor and not heard a thing.

Excellent quality buffet breakfast choice and additional breakfast menu choice

• Standard Guest Room

The only thing that was a negative and I suppose it is personal preference our bed was so soft and the pillows were like sleeping on nothing. A firmer bed and pillows would have been great, however that could just be our preference.

We loved the cleanliness and location of the hotel. The staff were great and found the food (dinner and breakfast) of great quality and good value for money. We thoroughly enjoyed the evening entertainment as well in the bar that was a bonus

• Superior Guest Room

Location was excellent. We were on the 17th floor, so the views from the ceiling to floor windows were very good. The lifts were very quick. Cannot fault the breakfast.

• Standard Guest Room

Pillows could be better. Memory foam would make the comfort even better

Location was fantastic and service from the staff was exceptional. Great views and and good value for the best hotel in Birmingham

• Standard Guest Room

The staff at reception were all very welcoming so you immediately felt at home! The breakfast was excellent and again the staff very friendly and helpful.

• Standard Guest Room

I was given a room for the disabled; not the end of the world but it seems a bit of a waste considering someone who actually needed these facilities might have required a room. The bathroom however was awful - a truly overpowering smell of bleach that put it somewhere between pub toilet and public swimming pool changing room. Mould all over the shower tiles toward the floor that you simply would not see around the shower or bath in other rooms. I'm not sure when the carpet in the bedroom was last hoovered properly, and when stipulating that you are travelling on business a desk in the room would be helpful. The ironing board legs were broken and the iron leaked like a sieve. This was absolutely not what I would have expected from a Radisson. If the receptionist had bothered to ask me how my stay was when I checked out I would have mentioned most of this, but she didn't. So it's here instead.

• Standard Guest Room

Was just a bit annoying that initially my key card didn't work so had to go back and forth to the desk.

Spacious and spotless room. Good breakfast. The checkout time was good.

• Standard Guest Room

Very friendly staff, Ricky was very professional and able to check me in earlier at 2pm. Location was superb, right next to the New street station. 10mins to the heart of the city center. Clean rooms with a great view up from above.

• Business Class Room

I treated my partner to one night in Birmingham after she had unfortunately lost 3 people that week, so wanted to take her somewhere she could take her mind off things and relax a bit and cheer her up. We didn’t like the fact that upon arriving to the hotel the employees didn’t smile, weren’t really welcoming. When entering the suite we noticed a lot of their notices were in small print and placed strategically where you might not take notice of it and be charged for drinking the bottled water or eating the shortcakes they’ve presented there with little sign of it being for purchase. Us being smokers didn’t see there was a small note at the bottom of the tv saying no smoking cigarettes and you would be fined £250 for smoking. Whilst using deodorant spray in the main room we noticed the smoke alarm flashing red, we didn’t at the time know it’s supposed to be like that, but we tried to find something to cover the alarm in case it detected the deodorant as smoke by covering it with a sock, I know not clever but it was the only thing we had as we were rushing to go to an event. Anyway coming back from the event we tried to open our door but were locked out. As we go down the main reception all the employees start staring and whispering making me and my partner very uncomfortable, us being black we felt a sense of judgement as if we had stolen or done something illegal in our room. We explain to them the situation of being locked out and they Tell us to sit near the entrance for the hotel manger to come and have a word with us. Speaking with the hotel manger we were sat whilst he was crouched Infront of us making it blanted to the public that were we being pulled aside for discussion.

The business suite was good, good view and good breakfast. Although I had accidentally broken a wine glass , after reporting it in the morning to the employees who were different to the employees from the previous day and I don’t know if this has anything to do with race but we found the employees on our morning of departure Who were also of the same ethnicity smiled a lot more and were a lot nicer to us and when reporting the broken glass to her she told us not to worry about it , so if thats one of things we can say about the hotel was the employee that served us at the end.

• Standard Guest Room

The manager and some staff was rude and arogennt I was made to wonder round Birmingham for hours until my husband arrived I felt very vulnerable and in safe !!!

• Standard Guest Room

Pillows were rubbish, not very spacious for the price, little noisy, not a great view

The staff helpful especially Ricky, great facilities readily available ie ironing board/iron

• Standard Guest Room

staff were rude upon entry and just tried to get us to upgrade rather than get our room ready we have 2 small children and we weren't offered anyone to freshen up before our show ladies and disabled toilets out of use wife had no help or offer of help with luggage as I was in a meeting disgraceful to be honest

• Standard Guest Room

Everything was fine.. bathroom door was heavy .. needed a door stop .Air conditioning was food once we figured out house to regulate room Temperature.

Beautiful building. fabulous view over the city. Breakfast was a great selection. lift were fast and not uncomfortable Beds were perfect

• Superior Guest Room

Nothing, everything was up to the standard, if not more than the standard, that I expected for this hotel and I would stay again in a heart beat.

Staff were friendly and helpful and fit my every need whilst I was staying at the hotel and it greatly improved my stay. The view from my hotel room was amazing too, I was on the 12th floor and the amount of light and view from the window was absolutely perfect.

• Business Class Room

I would not have changed anything - except perhaps the location which is not in a place of outstanding natural beauty.

The Maitre'D in the restaurant - a Romanian gentleman whose name I fear I cannot pronounce or spell - was outstanding in his quiet courtesy and his remarkable knowledge of wine. If Radisson can attract and keep staff of his qualities you must be an employer with real standards of excellence.

• Standard Guest Room

No faults, everything was lovely. The staff couldn't help enough, lovely room and the breakfast was well worth the money as there was choice for all.

• Standard Guest Room

Fire alarm went off at 5am. This room was booked for a friend of mine and he was not impressed that the hotel didn't offer any refund for the false alarm.

• Standard Guest Room

Would’ve been ideal if parking was free but useful that it was discounted overnight at the local NCP.

Fantastic location in the city centre, accommodating staff and a great room. Will stay again if ever in Birmingham.

Browse Radisson Blu Hotel, Birmingham traveller photo gallery