Reviews of The May Fair Hotel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Stratton Street, Mayfair, Westminster Borough, London, W1J 8LT, United Kingdom

#333 of 977 hotels in London

Based on 1988 hotel reviews

• Reviewed: September 19, 2018

Great Stay
    • Business Double Room

First night, room was a bit smelly Breakfast can be better if more variety offered on the buffet

Location is great, many good restaurant in the surrounding area, and its so close to the shopping hub of London. Great staff. I was upgraded to a bigger room since i have the loyalty membership, the room was very spacious

• Reviewed: September 17, 2018

Really good location, staff very friendly and helpful but rooms very tired.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The rooms are very dated and tired. We had a big room with 2 bathrooms which was very good but it is not luxurious enough for the price we paid. We would like to stay again but would like to see nicer rooms.

The staff is really helpful and friendly. They make you feel very welcome and they are always willing to help. The location is perfect. The Mayfair kitchen was really good. The food was excellent and the staff was very nice. They came over many times to see if we needed anything or if we were happy with the meal.

• Reviewed: September 7, 2018

we booked two twin rooms but were told on arrival there were...
    • Superior King or Twin Room

we booked two twin rooms but were told on arrival there were no twins available. This is not acceptable. if they cannot provide what we booked they should tell us in advance so that we can make alternative arrangements. Staff were apologetic and offered free breakfast but they really should not offer twin rooms if they cannot provide them.

• Reviewed: September 6, 2018

Hotel and stay was amazing
    • Superior Queen Room

I had booked dinner in the kitchen restaurant but the service was terrible. Not attentive at all. Very disappointing for Thai hotel

Room service was very good. Spa and room friendly staff in the hotel very professional

Real good stay
    • Business Double Room

They urgently need triple glazing on the windows as rooms on the road get very noisy at night due to people celebrating etc outside

Excellent location We got a real great sized room this time

Location is great
    • Superior Queen Room

There was an Arabic rave in the room above me so did not sleep. Super angry about this as the hotel did nothing and it went on to 6am.

Location is great

• Reviewed: September 3, 2018

Excellent stay good location, slightly spoilt by
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Beyond control of hotel, I was kept awake on Saturday night by cars (possibly supercars/performance) racing up street after 12 o'clock, and from constant vehicle horns beeping. This didn't seem to end until around 2am.

Good location in Mayfair, not busy, very safe and pleasant. Very high standards of service., all staff pleasant and attentive. Many great selection of restaurants nearby. Selected a corner room which had plenty of light, and spacious.

• Reviewed: August 25, 2018

Hotel Location and size of the rooms.
    • Deluxe Room

The choice of restaurants in the hotel. Only 1 restaurant and in room dining was bad

Hotel Location and size of the rooms. They gave us free late check out till 18:00.

• Reviewed: August 24, 2018

My room was not clean but ok.
    • Superior King or Twin Room

My room was not clean but ok. It has nothing to do with the room not being cleaned. These things can happen. It was about how rude the night manager Amid or Amin was. I will never stay in Mayfair again as long as this person works for the Mayfair. I asked my room to be cleaned before I went out for dinner. Just clean towels and so on. Normal turn down service. When I came back from dinner nothing was done so I called reception. Around 11 pm. This Amid of Amin guy picks up the phone and tells me that I probably made the mistake. Probably I did not say it to concierge or I had my “do not disturb” sign on. I told him it was not the case, and that I am pretty sure that I asked the concierge for this to be done and that I would like the room to be cleaned. He said that it was not possible as everyone was off. I said that 11 PM is not that late for a London 5 star hotel. Just give me another room than were I do have clean towels. Then he said the hotel was hull so that was not possible. Then I got irritated. I told him to not lie to me as I know that there are rooms available. I was almost impossible to talk with this person as he was constantly interrupting me. Finally I got him to shut up for a second and I explained that when I check in, 4 hours ago, that I asked if I could upgrade myself. So I knew that there were several rooms available. And that I did not want a better room. I just wanted a clean one so he could downgrade me as well. But just give me a clean room. He said that there is a zero tolerance for people raising their voice and that he would not help me. I told him it was the world upside down. Of course I get annoyed if he tries to lie to me about the hotel being full and that he treats me like an idiot that has not asked for this turn down service. I told him he has no business in the hospitality industry, that after staying in a lot of 5 star hotels in my life this was the worst experience ever. The only thing I asked for was clean towels.

• Reviewed: August 14, 2018

The staff was amazing friendly and helpful the location is...
    • Superior Queen Room

They weren’t flexible with the reservation had an emergency and had to leave early but they refused to adjust the booking so if your looking for a hotel that will accommodate to your needs this isn’t the right hotel

The staff was amazing friendly and helpful the location is perfect being right in the middle of everything..

• Reviewed: August 7, 2018

I will definitely stay there again. Overall we had a great stay.
    • Business Double Room

The corridors are not lit too well but not bad. And there are windows in the room but no view really.

Location is amazing. They have a great bar and restaurant. We booked a business room which was a great size. And the bathroom was wonderful and large. The toiletries are very generous.

• Reviewed: August 5, 2018

Service fantastic.
    • Superior Queen Room

All good nothing to be disappointed in.

Service fantastic. Room large and well appointed. In the centre of town surrounded by places to enjoy yourself.

• Reviewed: August 1, 2018

do like their bed comfortable and linen and pillows are...
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

When I booked I requested for lower ground floor but not granted I accept that. I also mentioned that the reason why we’re staying in this hotel is for a very special occasion but don’t think they noted this on that day. Most definitely there’s a Communication problem between the the reception and the housekeeping. We were told were able to check out at 3pm but obviously the housekeepers wasn’t informed. Very much Dissappointed. I have expected more into this hotel. The TV in the shower room is also faulty despite the effort made by the person who came and tried to fix it..It was my daughters 40th birthday treat suppose to be.

do like their bed comfortable and linen and pillows are soft and I didn’t need any extra. Their breakfast and the staff who served us is very good and helpful.

• Reviewed: July 30, 2018

The staff where all very friendly and helpful.
    • Superior Queen Room

The room was basic for the price and type of hotel. The bed was ok but not overly comfortable. The bath and shower where very basic. Over all I would say that it was like a slightly up market premier inn style room. I have stayed in a lot better rooms for a lot less Money I understand the extra cost due to location but overall I wasn't impressed.

The staff where all very friendly and helpful. Check in and out was quick and easy due to doing it online. The room was very clean and presentable and there was a turn down service whilst we where out watching a show.

• Reviewed: July 30, 2018

Happy stay, in a top hotel, and professional staff
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The lifts were a bit slow, and the Gym could be tight if 5 people come to train together

The Family room size was very good for us 4. It had no view outside, but the room size, beds sizes, and bathroom more than compensates for lack of view, especially if you were like us who started their day around London early. Their breakfast Buffet in the Mayfair Kitchen is very nice and healthy, and the staff are very professional and extra hospitable. I would recommend that breakfast every morning to start your day out. The location iof the hotel is superb and you can walk to any part of central London within 30mins - 45mins walk, even as far as kings road! Or 15mins to Leicter square😃 We enjoyed our stay and recommend the hotel for summer trips in London

• Reviewed: July 19, 2018

Great location - great bed - lovely bathroom - shame about the staff
    • Superior King or Twin Room

The reception staff were clueless when it come to paying towards the room with a pre-paid voucher (despite phoning ahead and checking this was acceptable). Was not pleased to get a text at 8am on a Sunday morning with my checking out details and bill (inaccurate also because of the voucher). On checking out the reception left us halfway through our transaction to help another guest whom he obviously knew. Leaving us to then have to explain everything again to the new member of staff. Really unprofessional. The staff at the bar were the slowest I have ever encountered and it was not even busy on both occasions we visited.

The room was clean and the bed was comfy. The location is great.

• Reviewed: July 15, 2018

The location was good, the reception area was very nice.
    • Superior King or Twin Room

The room was very small. The curtains let light in. They shower was very poor. The bedroom spotlights weren’t all working, The breakfast we ordered from room service was very poor. You couldn’t let any fresh air in as couldn’t open the windows. We were kept awake all night by someone having a party in their room with very loud music and banging till 7am in the morning. Feel very disappointed with our experience we would not return.

The location was good, the reception area was very nice.

central location
    • Superior Queen Room

overated for cost. room very basic but central location was good .hair dryer rubbish sounded.like it would blow ip could not use. dud mot repkenish tea coffee etc in room

central location

• Reviewed: July 15, 2018

Lovely hotel in good location
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Difficult to get a taxi as didn’t come round that often. Doorman too busy chatting to open door for me...I’m small and light and doors were heavy .

We used room service and was excellent . We had pizza , pasta...side of fries..coke and 2 glasses wine £65....surprisingly good and this we ordered at 11.15 pm. Overall it was excellent and enjoyed watching the Bath TV !

• Reviewed: July 11, 2018

Excellent!
    • Executive King Room

Stayed here for a hen party for my best friend. Just a beautiful hotel in the heart of London! Highly recommended for special occasions as it makes them even more special.

• Reviewed: July 5, 2018

Great location, great food but only adequate service...
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The personnel at the desk should have done a better follow-up of the issues raised. Also, there were additional charges on the bill that I had not made.

Great location to view the sites. However, when we arrived the air conditioning was not working correctly. After 2 days new room...which was not ready when it was supposed to be. Got stuck in service elevator as well for about 10 minutes. Food was excellent and breakfast really good value. The rooms were extremely clean but the personnel can be a little noisy in the hallways. Asked for a quiet room but was placed near a staff housekeeping closet and elevator.

• Reviewed: July 4, 2018

Great and convenient place with some issues

In a hotel of this quality you would expect all staff to be professional. Unfortunately we where refused access to the hotel on the evening of the last day. Reason my partner and I could not produce the room key. The door guards clearly had an issue with my fiance. While everybody else of white color was allowed to pass without showing the room key. We had to call the head of security to gain access. Racial profiling should not been permitted at a hotel of this stature in London!

Great location. Generally very professional staff (with exception). Nice facilities.

• Reviewed: July 3, 2018

Everything, location was excellent
    • Superior Queen Room

Housekeeping didn’t do our rooms on 2 days - had to complain. It’s not ok for a hotel of this caliber to have a lax housekeeping department

Everything, location was excellent

• Reviewed: June 30, 2018

We’ll be back but ask for a different room.
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Our room, though very spacious had a low ceiling that felt like a basement, and faced an air shaft with black staircase. To plug in the coffee maker you had to pull out a heavy TV console, get on hands and knees, lean into the console to work the plug into the back wall. Lots of noise from the Terrace bar in the evening.

The staff was exceptional. Kudos for the concierges. Breakfast is outstanding: fresh juices, smoothies, croissants and pain au chocolat, as well as egg dishes. Gym stands out in the world of gym equipment.

• Reviewed: June 27, 2018

We are very satisfied with the service and the quality of the facility.
    • Superior Queen Room

Had a very pleasant experience during our short stay at the Mayfair Hotel. We only wished we could stay longer. The staff were very courteous and with special mention to the Front door man Jamal who was very helpful with directions and the luggage. The bathroom was adequate and we like the marble tiling all round. Would definitely recommend the hotel for those who want quick access to the City and shopping in Mayfair. Excellent location and easy connection with underground and buses.

• Reviewed: June 25, 2018

The worst hotel in mayfair
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Dust in the room, basic furniture, cheap soaps. Booked a twin superior room, had a double standard room. No refund given. Definitely a cheap hotel sold as a 5 star. Don’t waste your money here

• Reviewed: June 14, 2018

• Superior King or Twin Room

The receptionist was really bad and rude, as she told us that the room we booked was “upon availability” and gave us a room that was very small, smallest than the one we booked and told us that the room was ready but when we entered the room it was still being cleaned by the room keeping

• Reviewed: June 10, 2018

No faults

Hotel is very clean and tidy, Well looked after. Staff spoken well, all friendly and make you feel very welcome on arrival and during your stay. Wait on you hand and feet. Couldn’t fault anything about this hotel, defiantly recommend anyone who is looking to stay here. Overall the hotel is 10/10

• Reviewed: June 9, 2018

Location was perfect for us.
    • Executive King Room

Location was perfect for us. The hotel was lovely, very comfortable. Food was really nice. All in all we really enjoyed our stay and will be back again.

• Reviewed: May 31, 2018

Very enjoyable
    • Superior King or Twin Room

We were surprised that in the restaurant on Saturday there was only a tapas type meal offered.

The bed was as good as ours at home also the pillows, very important. Breakfast excellent.

• Reviewed: May 30, 2018

Absolutely fantastic location, right at the centre of...

Small toilets and inconvenient showering system.

Absolutely fantastic location, right at the centre of central London, everything is literally a 7-8 min walk and some fabulous restaurants that are within 100 metres of the hotel. Great staff who are always willing to help and make your stay comfortable and memorable !

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Pleasant stay tainted by embarrassment over airport transfer cost.
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Information provided by staff at front desk was incorrect regarding airport transfer. We arranged an airport transfer which turned out to be considerably more than what we were told it would be, had we known this we would have arranged our own transportation and avoided a nasty surprise once we arrived at the airport.

The hotel was comfortable and located in a good area. The staff in the May Fair Kitchen were really lovely and friendly.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Convenient, clean, great all round offering.
    • Superior Queen Room

Check in- the hotel was fully occupied the night before so no rooms were ready on check in. They did make a plan and allowed us to shower and change in the Spa. A great hotel that I will definitely recommend and stay in again.

Excellent location, nice fresh linen, spacious rooms, good water pressure, delicious breakfasts

• Reviewed: May 27, 2018

• Superior King or Twin Room

£30 for a bowl of Porridge! No dressing table in bedroom - had to sit on side of bed to do hair with poor lighting.

Beds v comfy. Bathroom great size with tv above bath. Concierge great.

• Reviewed: May 20, 2018

Great location, everything is around the corner and very...
    • Superior King or Twin Room

OLD rooms, it was dark and the AC was loud and broken and so it wasn't magical at all considering the area and the price.

Great location, everything is around the corner and very helpful staff.

• Reviewed: May 16, 2018

The staff are all very friendly and welcoming
    • Superior King or Twin Room

The the housekeeping wasn’t what I expected. The bathtub and sink weren’t fully cleaned before our check in.

The staff are all very friendly and welcoming

• Reviewed: May 16, 2018

Room drab , plenty of staff to busy chatting amongst...
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Room drab , plenty of staff to busy chatting amongst themselves , struggled to open door with case no assistants from door man ! Way overated / priced very disappointed, stayed in plenty of 5 star hotels this is definatelty bottom of my list 😒

• Reviewed: May 15, 2018

Will come back
    • Superior Queen Room

There was a very disturbing busing noise in the room. Fire alarm went off after midnight but reason was unknown! House keeps knock on the door despite the “do not disturb sign”!

Location is perfect, large room, large bathroom, room had everything we needed.

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

Looking forward to returning to London!
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The hairdryer was in a drawer that could not be moved! Who does that?

Bedding was excellent. Staff was lovely. Any upgrades they made recently was made by someone who didn’t walk the room or lay in the bed. Light switches were not in convenient location. Shower floor was slippery and water from shower spilled onto the floor. Opening the curtains was too much of an effort. Outlets were not next to the beds. We were in a corner family room and it was angled which made the room feel smaller than what was represented. Overall it was a good experience in a great location but too pricey for the room.

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

the fire alarm went off in the middle of the night.
    • Superior Queen Room

the fire alarm went off in the middle of the night. Guests were left in the lobby at approx 1am with no explanation given for about an hour. although unexpexted just feel this could have been handled batter by keeping guests informed of what was happening.

• Reviewed: May 9, 2018

I was so impressed with the spacious rooms and comfortable...
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Unfortunately at 10.30pm at night, a member of staff opened our door to take the breakfast menu off the door handle (which in fairness was supposedly trapped in the door) however this member of staff didn’t knock or ring the bell or even speak. They simply tried to open the door to release the menu. This is absurd and completely unprofessional in my mind. I was actually stood near the door at the time in my nightwear taking off my makeup in the mirror. I slammed the door and locked it quickly asking who it was, to which he responded ‘I want to know what time you want your breakfast’... need I say more? Please get your staff under control. I enjoyed my stay but if I can expect this to happen every time I do, you won’t be seeing me again.

I was so impressed with the spacious rooms and comfortable beds. The location is great and the food is outstanding.

• Reviewed: May 7, 2018

The best company in a beautifully relaxed but smart hotel.
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Everything. It’s always great. The staff are very friendly and helpful. Love the bar, restaurants and casino. The location of the hotel is excellent.

• Reviewed: May 6, 2018

• Business Double Room

Super Location, super friendly staff, very children friendly, yummy breakfast, Mr. Aly Heinemeyer made our stay perfect and unforgettable. Best Hotel in London

• Reviewed: May 6, 2018

Fantastic staff, room and location
    • Superior King or Twin Room

The staff were amazing especially Maria and the facilities were great and the location. It was our wedding night as we were getting married near by and I don’t think any other hotel would have made us feel as special

• Reviewed: May 1, 2018

A pleasant and relaxing short stay
    • Superior King or Twin Room

The only real issue I had with my most recent stay was a delay in preparing the room. We arrived early around midday to check in and drop our bags off. I appreciated this was early so went out for food and drinks whilst waiting for the room to be sorted. When we got back at 3pm the room still wasn’t ready and we had to wait beyond the usual check in time. It wasn’t disasterous but did mean we got less time to enjoy the hotel before we had to leave for food.

I’ve stayed at the Mayfair a couple of times and the experience is always pleasant. I didn’t get to use many of the facilities on my most recent stay but the bar service during the day was good. I was also pleasantly surprised by the affordability of food and drinks.

• Reviewed: May 1, 2018

Great location but seems to attract an undesirable clientele.
    • Superior King or Twin Room

A lot of the other guests/ visitors to the bar on Saturday night were rude, loud and inconsiderate. The doormen had to RUN in to break up trouble at one point. Not very classy for a 5*.

The bed was very comfortable, the room clean and quiet and the bathroom huge. Furnishings perhaps a bit tired - the carpets definitely were.

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

Da Hat 🎩
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Spotless clean staff were attentative & very friendly, food was great and the location is superb. Will definitely be staying again next time in London.

• Reviewed: April 30, 2018

Great hotel, shame about the staff

Was pushed out of way by a waitress in bar, in order for someone to get access to a table roped off. Also booked for 5 people and was told only 3 had a breakfast. This was after we had already started. No real apology

Central location and close to attractions

• Reviewed: April 26, 2018

A perfect location for the London Marathon. Staggering distance from the finish!!
    • Studio Suite

The junior suite was large and comfortable with a separate dressing area which was really useful for us as friends came back to our room after I'd run the London Marathon. I was able to shower and change while they were drinking champagne! We were also close to plenty of restaurants for après marathon sustenance.

• Reviewed: April 23, 2018

The beds and pillows where great
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Didn’t like the fact we was looked down on as we returned from our evening , and was asked if we was staying there when others could just walk right in

The beds and pillows where great

• Reviewed: April 20, 2018

• Superior King or Twin Room

Being walked in on 3 times at different times of the day when I was getting changed for dinner , for bedtime and in the morning when I'm 20 years old aha on my birthday

The bed , bathroom , I liked the staff however I didn't like getting walked in on 3 times , but I do love this hotel and will always come back

• Reviewed: April 19, 2018

Best location in London for shopping and theatre. Quiet street. Lovely staff.
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Room lighting slightly dark and the sliding door cupboards covered the TV when any other door was open. Ackward design

Lovely large room with comfy bed and great en-suite

• Reviewed: April 16, 2018

The hotel bar on Saturday night was more of a night club,...
    • Superior Queen Room

The hotel bar on Saturday night was more of a night club, there was no where to sit quietly and have a drink listening to background music - it was all drum and bass and loud!!

• Reviewed: April 15, 2018

Great hotel in a great location
    • Deluxe Room

Location is perfect for a number a great restaurants and shops. The hotel is always perfectly kept, and staff extremely eager to help. Great valets and even though there is not a hotel car park, car is easily returned.

• Reviewed: April 8, 2018

Excellent location!! Very comfortable beds & linens. The staff was very helpful!
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The lighting in the bedroom was either all or nothing. It would have been more comfortable if there was a hallway light then area for the main part.

The bathroom had an excellent shower and tub.

• Reviewed: April 8, 2018

Lovely hotel, great area, dinner choices good
    • Superior Queen Room

Breakfast was poor, cool food, had to ask for coffee a couple of times, overall, staff poor at breakfast

Good location, bed extremely comfy, dinner really good, bar in dining room good

• Reviewed: April 7, 2018

Water is Soft Water which makes you struggle during the shower to remove the soap from your body.
    • Business Double Room

The water supply in the bathroom is Soft Water which means it will foam with soap very fast But it will not remove the soap from your hands and body. So we struggled a lot to clean our bodies during the shower.

The online check-in was easy process.

• Reviewed: April 4, 2018

Great hotel will go back again.
    • Superior Queen Room

The bathroom was a little cramped not much room between bath toilet and sink but still a nice bathroom. A bit expensive for the size of the room we had but you pay for quality and location

Excellent location and standard of hotel, room very good as you would expect, this is our 3rd stay at the MayFair

• Reviewed: April 3, 2018

I love the hotel environment, staff and food
    • Superior King or Twin Room

This is may be my 5th or 6th stay , this time despite I booked a big room of 29sqm the lady in the reception booked for me a very bad room in the first floor left side of the reception which I didn't like at all and no way meets my selection or my history in the hotel Once I raised this to the reception a gentleman changed my room to 5th floor as I used to abd it was Ann excellent one Also they offered me 2 complement breakfast Thank you for the quick response

Staff are very helpful , breakfast is excellent Location is very convenient, quality of guests are very good , room is very clean

• Reviewed: April 2, 2018

Nice stay but would have been bettter if room was done
    • Executive King Room

After booking a triple room fir a treat for our daughters 18th was little didsapointed that we had to ask for bed to be bought in then again as everything was only for 2 people ie towels water robes slippers , so she was a little upset , but staff sorted it in the end just would of expected for £370 a night i wouldn’t have to ask

lovely staff , nice bar and fantastic breakfast

• Reviewed: March 30, 2018

The hotel facilities were excellent, comfortable and...
    • Deluxe Room

Door staff were rude and wasted our time. There was no apology when they made a mistake and accused us of not paying.

The hotel facilities were excellent, comfortable and spacious rooms, and the food was great.

• Reviewed: March 26, 2018

Excellent location and staff
    • Superior King or Twin Room

I am struggling to find anything negative about the hotel. The manager and staff @ the hotel were brilliant.

Staff members and location of the property

• Reviewed: March 19, 2018

reception staff friendly on arrival, room comfortable and...
    • Superior Queen Room

When having a drink in the downstairs bar and food area a mouse ran past, we alerted the staff and they did nothing.

reception staff friendly on arrival, room comfortable and bathroom facilities good

• Reviewed: March 12, 2018

Truely tremendous stay and would highly recommend as a treat
    • Superior Queen Room

Space and facilities along with friendly atmosphere

Truely amazing staff that couldn’t do enough to make us feel special .. it was our anniversary perfect treat thank you

• Reviewed: March 6, 2018

• Superior Queen Room

The room was tatty and freezing cold! Heating in our room wasnt working. We asked for a heater at 4pm and it didn’t arrive until 11:30 pm. The room was Above the bar and was very noisy.

Comfy bed, lovely restaurant

• Reviewed: February 27, 2018

Read above

The heating situation.

Thomas in Reception was an attribute to the Mayfair, very nice chap and tried his best to redeem the mistakes during my 3 day stay - unfortunately the room I stayed in was freezing cold. The weather was freezing outside and the air conditioning failed to work despite maintenance assuring me it would be fixed, tried again the following day. The cost of the stay was very unfair for the standards on offer for a 5* Hotel. Massively disappointed after staying here a number of times. Also found a gum shield case from a teeth whitening kit which was unhygienic and in my opinion not acceptable as was just on the floor behind the headrest.

• Reviewed: February 25, 2018

Nice but could do better with rooms.
    • Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

I thought the bathroom was disappointing - the shower leaked and clearly had been for some time as the wood at the foot of the doors were rotten. Overall, considering the price of the accommodation I would have expected these things to have been attended too.

Lovely grand hotel with very welcoming staff.

• Reviewed: February 24, 2018

Good hotel to stay in the heart of Mayfair
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Breakfast used to be better (my previous stay was 5 yeah a ago). One concierge was very ignorant - staff training might be required.1.7k £ for 3 nights is a bit too expensive even for the Fashion Week time.

Location just great be it measure or business. Comfortable room - spacious and quite. Kitchen was generally very good.

• Reviewed: February 19, 2018

Rubbish start to the stay and rude service on the evening.
    • Superior Queen Room

The door staff on the evening was shockingly rude. When I arrived at the hotel that I had paid for in advance I was asked for the bank card I paid for the room with which I didn’t have on me and was not told to bring and even though I showed them my ID I was forced to pay for the room again and wait for a refund for the original amount paid for up to 10 working days. For the price of the room I expected a much better service.

Location was perfect and the room was clean and the facilities were nice. The bed was probably the comfiest bed I have ever slept on.

• Reviewed: February 18, 2018

Great location, good service, fine breakfast and nice late-night bar.
    • Superior King or Twin Room

Very bad lighting in the bathroom for makeup. Housekeeping came and knocked before 8.30 to clean the room. Found garbage under the bed while searching for dropped earring.

Breakfast buffet was good, missed something "sweet" though on it. Service at breakfast very attentive, well filled buffet. Great service from doormen and concierge. Hotel Bar Italian lady in service very kind

• Reviewed: February 18, 2018

Lovely hotel . . With a lil hick up
    • Superior Queen Room

Member of staff entered room at 4 in the evening whilst I was in the bath. . Hadn't ordered room service nor was the make up room sign on. . Not sure what he wanted!!!

Luxury and room size was good for central London

• Reviewed: February 12, 2018

Stay was ok room was not.
    • Superior King or Twin Room

The rooms were very standard not what I expected from a Mayfair hotel we paid 364 for a room with a balcony. Extra £100 for balcony the room was not worth £364 no way.

Hotel was nice ie bar reception lobby ect

• Reviewed: February 9, 2018

For a 5 star expected more in respect of things in the room. Some 4 stars offer more. But just silly things really. But just expected them to be there as they usually are. Also Website maybe needs updating with regards to rooms. We phoned up reception as it says on website docking station for bose system so didnt take ours. When we got there it wasnt in our room and they said it wasnt included in our room. Yet there main website states it was in the room.

Good location great bar.

• Reviewed: February 5, 2018

Will not be booking again...
    • Superior Queen Room

8th floor rear position of the hotel, opposite air conditioning equipment on the roof, continuous whining noise, drove me mad..... Breakfast service was bad, due to staff not being helpful

• Reviewed: February 5, 2018

Fabulous stay in a fabulous hotel in a perfect location
    • Superior Queen Room

The only negative is that there are no biscuits in the room with your morning cup of tea. And if that is my only negative then really it's a huge compliment to the hotel that yet again our stay was outstanding.