Reviews of ibis Styles Haydock 3 stars

Piele Road, Haydock, WA11 0GR, United Kingdom

#2 of 4 hotels in Haydock

Based on 1942 hotel reviews

• Double Queen Room

My only criticism is noise around site during night which is really not the hotels fault

Excellent facilities Nice room Staff very pleasant Continental breakfast with great selection Pleasing to say the least

A hand towel and soap (dispenser was empty) in bathroom would have been nice. Proper coffee at breakfast would be soooooo much better!

Comfy bed, modern and clean ensuite. Loved the racing decor. Staff friendly.

• Double Queen Room

No air-con so had to leave window open. Very noisy from outside traffic. No info card in room with hotel info.

Bed was comfy. Breakfast really good selection.

• Family Room

The shower room , the water wet all the bathroom floor and made the mat very soggy so not nice but not a major deal . Also the girl who checked me at reception was not very pleasant , and sent me in the wrong direction

The staff where so lovely to my dog and I , I would choose this hotel again as they accept pets , the dog needs a little break too. Considering there was a race meeting on the price was very good .

• Double Queen Room

Noisey, beds are hard could here the traffic all night with window shut, no air conditioning & some of the staff where rude. Paid 20 pound extra for early book in and room was not ready.

Breakfast was lovely.

• Double Queen Room

That on our booking there was no mention that it was just continental breakfast. We paid bed & breakfast and only found out we had to pay extra if we wanted hot breakfast like bacon eggs etc

Rooms were of good standard

Payed for family room only 1 bed made up spoke to staff about same and seemed disinterested in my concern and the fact I had payed extra for family room with extra bed . Eventually offered to give us bedding for other bed area but at around 11pm could have done without any issues after a long day .

Location fitted my requirments

• Double Queen Room

Breakfast was over cooked and I did not like the fact that I thought a full English was included, not extra.

Bed was extra comfy for me but my husband found it too hard.

• Double Queen Room

Room wasn’t the cleanest but was okay. It is warm in there so take your own fan. However it was fine for what we needed for our visit to the races.

Staff were friendly and helpful. Made us feel welcome for our stay. Continental breakfast was great- good selection.

• Double Queen Room

Could have done with an extra pillow on the bed, they were also a bit hard. Breakfast was very busy and didn't seem to be enough staff to keep up to demand of food supply so were sat waiting some mornings.

Rooms were a good size with necessary facilities such as towels, shampoo etc. Coffee and tea facilities in the room were also good and the TV had plenty of channels. Breakfast was continental and then paid extra for cooked, but what was included was actually plenty we only upgraded one day out of the three we were there. Lots of choice. Perfect location for the race course and the staff were really helpful with taxi numbers to arrange transport. Also not far from Ashton which was nearest town.

Very clean and welcoming, lovely seating area and bar area, the room was clean, bed very comfortable, bathroom very clean and towels on hand, continental breakfast lovely with plenty of choice, well recommended

• Double Queen Room

I Booked Hotel away last year and Asked for Early Check in and when we got to Reception I Had to Pay £20 Extra for Early Check in. Which I Thought Was Really Disappointed.

• Double Queen Room

no nearby public transport. Taxi needed to get to earlestown

cheap and clean. friendly and helpful staff but not enough of them. They were rushed off their feet

• Double Queen Room

Room far too warm felt faint no air need to consider fans or air con. Older generation such as my mother in law wouldn't of stayed.

Nice room. Shower brill walk in one. Only thing far too warm felt like I was going to pass out but wouldn't give a bad review over it. even with window open didn't open wide. Need to consider fans or air con.

• Double Queen Room

Toilet was blocked and really noisy due to being on a busy road so didn't sleep much at all. Told breakfast was included but when I went to serve it up told just cereal and toast.

Room looked nice

• Double Queen Room

lad on reception was very lacking, came across as he wasn't really bothered about anything and didn't want to be there, we asked if he could book us a taxi for later said yes not a problem went back down to get the taxi and he had obviously forgotten which made us late for a wedding reception

rooms comfortable, everything you need ladies at breakfast very chatty and polite

Warm day and room could have benefited from air conditioning. No extractor fan in bathroom. (I do realise these impact on the cost of the stay, but comfort important)

Excellent value. Received a lovely welcome at reception. Makes such a difference. Rest of the staff friendly. Great location.

Room was extremely noisy from both road noise and doors closing and some instances slamming.wweell into tbe earky hours.we booked this hotel as stop over as we had a 6am flight from Liverpool airport.and in fact we didn't get any sleep at all.

Clean room facilities friendly helpful staff.

If there had been more supplies of tea/coffee milk & sugar I probably would have had more cups

I was viewing property for a possible house move. None of your reason for traveling are really appropriate

I wasn't happy to find that me and my partner after a long day traveling and visiting family and friends then had to sleep in single bed even tho the trip was to feel closer to my partner we were also charged extra when I booked it was 65 when I paid at the hotel they charged me 75 can you tell me why ???!!!

The staff seemed nice and helpful

• Double Queen Room

The card wouldn’t let us into the room as the ‘battery’ had gone we had to get the guy from reception to let us in with his key, we then realised the electric wouldn’t work( would come on for a few minutes but then kept going straight back off! We couldn’t be bothered with the hassle as it was late so we just got in bed! This meant we couldn’t charge our phones, It finally started working properly at 8:30am and then we just got ready and left.

The staff were lovely and very helpful. The food was good and the hotel was very clean and comfortable. Overall we had a lovely stay and would recommend it 😁

• Double Queen Room

No aircon, so room was too warm and stuffy all night. Minimalist on toiletries—body wash but no face flannels, no shampoo or hand soap. No iron or board. No biscuits and minimal tea and coffee. No spare pillows.

Clean and good location for our needs

• Double Queen Room

Not a great deal of Veggie options for dinner - we ended up going across the road to the pub/ carvery

Friendly Staff. Good location for our site work (presume good location for Haydock Races - the hotel is horse racing themed!) Decent continental breakfast, enough food provided so didn't need cooked. Quiet room at night, even with the window open (Thursday night). Big bed. Clean bathroom. at £55, a bargain.

• Double Queen Room

Horrible sewage smell coming from the shower drain and noticeable in reception the next morning; very off-putting. Would have reported it but no-one was around reception in the morning. Bed was rock hard, as were the pillows - not good for a comfortable night's sleep at all. Rooms facing the car park are susceptible to a lot of noise and light disturbance.

Free wifi was very fast.

• Double Queen Room

Ill fitting bedroom door which rattled through the night. Room overlooking dual carriageway but no additional sound protection on the windows so very noisy.

charging extra for cooked breakfast and no poached eggs,poor selection of beer in bar but great pub opposite so happy days

great hotel and great facilities

• Double Queen Room

Breakfast was chaos due do circa 80 Irish school kids running riot in the dining area, noise etc and making the whole breakfast experience not pleasant. Been here before and breakfast was great.

Comfy bed and quiet

• Double Queen Room

The restaurant ran out of everything we had to wait for hot water .bread etc we booked breakfast as included but we was told that it was only for a continental breakfast well it didn't say that when we booked one word was missing CONTINENTAL

Breakfast continental is good, however well over priced to have hot food & it didn’t look appetising. However you can get a very good breakfast carvery for £3.99 at the pub next door.

Excellent value & location. Staff very nice & nothing too much trouble. Would definitely recommend.

• Double Queen Room

It is difficult to criticise.

The food and accommodation was excellent value for money. However it was the attitude and attention of the staff which made the difference as they were performing outside their zones in an extremely positive way.

The fact you can't check in until 2pm, when voicing your concern of having to wait around 2 hours you get told by the male receptionist that he has worked in that industry for over 12 years and that's just the way it is (which it isn't by the way) shower had no shower head so on top of waiting to check in the room still wasn't ready so it seemed even more irrelevant, if the pub wasn't over the road I would have cancelled and stayed with the competitor just because the way I was spoken too.

The bed is comfortable

• Double Queen Room

my mother in law thought the shower floor was dirty - room 315 but I suspect it was the pattern on the tiles, she also struggles to open the plug in the sink and thought the bed was too hard

1 loved the walk in shower,

• Double Queen Room

The shower! As there was no shower tray the water flows all over the floor even around the toilet. The bath mat was useless even placed at the sink as the water reached there too! Hence the damp feet coming out and slipping on the floor surface in the room. Health and Safety issue I believe. The floor covering in the room as it is easy to slip on as you come out of the bathroom. The office style chair with wheels as it moves across the laminate floor as you sit down, again a H& S issue. The bed.....firm beds are fine but this was extremely hard. The fact that you can hear other guests talking in their rooms Guests arguing in the corridor and slamming doors as they entered each other's rooms. This took place after midnight until the last outburst at 5:05 am. I should have telephoned reception but to be honest I hadn't noticed the phone in the room as I was on the other side, and I didn't want my husband to go down in the night.

The parking and the light in the room. Breakfast was of a reasonable quality and varied choices. Coffee was good. The sink in the bathroom.

• Double Queen Room

We had a lovely welcome at reception from Mauricio who had remembered us from previous visits. Going that extra mile by a member of staff makes a real difference.

Booked a twin room but received a twin room with the beds together as if a double and when sharing with your mum it's a little uncomfortable plus we didn't arrive until 6 and the room wasn't ready as they had builders in, they did offer a complementary drink but after travelling was not impressed.

• Double Queen Room

The bed was uncomfortable. Extra pillows and towels in the room would have been nice. After a 6 hour drive prior to a family funeral, a good nights sleep was needed but not achieved. We were on the road side of the building and it was noisy.

The staff were helpful and firendly. Good choice of breakfast included and ability to upgrade to full English was good.

• Double Queen Room

That The staff gave away our rooms to someone else and moved us to An hostel in Wigan. We had earlier that day called in our late arrivel because we was at Anfield (Liverpool -Roma match).

That vi did get some money back.

• Double Queen Room

As I have said the whole experience was as, before very good.

I have stayed at the Hotel on several occasions so the fact that I will keep coming back is testament to the quality. The staff are very good indeed and nothing was too much trouble.

Everything was great until it was time to sleep the window catch was lose so the windows didn’t keep the traffic nose out which kept us awake most of the night I reported it the next morning this would not stop me from staying again the hotel was lovely 😊

The staff were absolutely brilliant couldn’t do enough let us check in early sorted out my evening meal even though they were very busy I got served very quickly staff very helpful with everything the hotel gets a 10/10 in this department thank you everyone 😊😊😊

Didn't have breakfast and didn't stay as reason for going was cancelled after I got there. I was very impressed with the premises and the young man on reception, the only draw back was that he was by himself and dragged in all directions with check ins and a quote for a wedding

• Double Queen Room

Unfortunately the floor in our room was extremely sticky. Appeared to have been washed with dirty mop. When reported to reception it was arranged to have floor rewashed when we were out. This was done and it was much improved. Pleased with prompt attention.

Room size and facilities good. Continental breakfast very good. Location excellent. We have used this hotel 3 or 4 tImes and been very satisfied with it.

• Double Queen Room

being able to get a meal in the hotel on sunday evening as only sandwiches or pizza was available

the bed was very comfy and warm shower was excellent

• Double Queen Room

The fit out of the room was showing signs of wear and tear with black mould in the grout in the bathroom. The layout of the room could also have been better as the bed was located in one corner of a large room meaning that access to one side was blocked by a radiator. The design of a toughened glass wash basin was questionable as it is difficult to judge the top of the surface when its wet.

Free parking outside the hotel. Large comfortable room with wet room type on suite bathroom and fairly fast wifi. Buffet style continental breakfast with reasonably long service hours was included in our room rate and was good value (non-race day).

Plenty of things to not like. Staff didn’t seem to know anything we asked them. They love to pass the book instead of resolving issues. Lots of promises and didn’t deliver on anything. “Free breakfast” was never explained to be continental only, were told it should have been explained. It wasn’t. Our bathroom in room 326 was a grotty run down wet room needing serious moderation. Told we had biscuits in the room, there were none. 1.5 hours wait on room service. it was only 9pm. Couldn’t check in early on any of our 3 rooms, even though we asked to pay for it and we were told out of 3 we would get at least 1. When we arrived we didn’t get a room. And again we’re told “you shouldn’t have been told that” no good when you arrive to have to get changed, 6 ladies in a public toilet. It was a horrible experience from start to finish and I won’t be recommending this hotel to anyone. The on duty manager was rude. She only tried to resolve the issue with breakfast at the very last minute, and that was just the tip of the iceberg

• Family Room

Bathroom needs attention leaking sink in room grouting needs repairing More hanging space towels need fresh every day basic hotel you get what you pay for Stayed a few days wouldn't stay longer.

Breakfast great choice fresh comfy bed

Noise issues due to thin walls. Wi-Fi issues. One pillow per guest.

Staff helpful and always friendly. Breakfast delicious. Nice design and layout downstairs.

• Double Queen Room

1. Wafer thin pillow. 2. Only one pillow per single bed. 3. Drainage issues in the wet room after taking a shower. 4. Smell from the toilet when we checked into the room. 5. Staff tried their best to resolve the situation, however, the hotel could not accomodate us.

Nice and friendly staff.

room very hot despite radiator not being on, made it difficult to sleep. the additional charge of £10 per dog excessive should be £10 per room.

staff very friendly and helpful

• Double Queen Room

The toilet was smelling before we settled in to the room. The room only had one paper thin pillow on each bed. When asked for more pillows, we were told that they had none left. The hairdryer defuser attachment did not fit the actual hairdryer. When taking a shower in the wet room, the water remained on the floor for a considerable time after, realising that between the toilet not flushing properly, the smell and the drains not working properly they must have plumbing issues requiring much needed action. One of our party informed staff of the issue. The walls are not well insulated and if you are next to the internal fire doors you hear them closing everytime they are used. Staff were friendly and breakfast was nice.

Staff were friendly and breakfast was nice.

• Double Queen Room

I arrived at 13.00 hrs. on 04/04/18 after a long flight from Thailand ---> 30hrs. I filled out the forms etc. Then I asked for a key card but I was told to pay 10 pounds, if I wanted to check in before 14.00 hrs. The room was definitely ready because when I went to the room everything was OK. I paid the 10 pounds reluctantly! Last July 2017, I stayed at same hotel ---> arrived at 10.00 am and was given access with key card to a room by 11.00 am. I paid nothing!!!

UHT milk at breakfast

I have stayed here a few times. Most comfortable beds I have ever slept in. Very comfortable room, Staff always polite & friendly.

• Double Queen Room

Everything it was dirty dusty windows didn’t lock bed was hard one pillow pulled the topper back it was covered in pencil sharpener clippings shower head didn’t spray right mold and mildew around the floor the whole place needs a good clean

The exit

• Double Queen Room

Seemed quite noisy before 7am. Felt like there was quite alot going on in our corridor.

Good location and easy to find. Pub next door is very nice and isn't expensive.

• Double Queen Room

Restaurant food seemed quite expensive so we had food at the pub across the road which was much cheaper

Continental breakfast was included was lovely and enough cereal toast fruit yoghurt croissants meat cheese

• Double Queen Room

Sure is a busy road dual carriageway and it’s fairly loud if you leave your window open. Hotel is a bit too warm too.

Went to the races and the hotel was perfect for the day out. Very clean and breakfast was excellent.

• Double Queen Room

2 out of 3 of the plug sockets in the room didn't work and also the hair dryer was broken. We were accused of smoking when we stayed for our second time even after we told them neither of us smoked, come to find out the next day they had the wrong room and fair enough they apologised, however it made us feel uncomfortable and for that reason we won't be staying again!

Would have liked to have a meal on site the pub next door very busy not really in the mood to be social

Very helpful reception staff was staying to attend a friend;s funeral the next day given the directions I needed very understanding.

• Double Queen Room

Cooked breakfast sausages were hardly cooked but rest was OK, only drink available on draft was Stella?

Good parking, good WiFi, nice staff, comfortable room, good location for our midway stop to the Lakes, good price.

Not applicable.

The staff are so friendly and nothing is too much trouble. Such good value for money - especially as a fabulous continental breakfast was included. Room - clean and comfortable. Real asset is the staff.

• Double Queen Room

Noisy and busy road outside the window but only on one side of the hotel and only busy during the day.

Plenty of choice, nice hot coffee, Fresh fruit and yogurt and lots of croissants and pastries. Staff very helpful and friendly.

• Double Queen Room

The shower did not drain away, when I informed the staff they replied thats why we leave a towel on the floor. It would have been beneficial if they had told me before.

Breakfast included is misleading. It shows pictures of a full English, yet you have to pay £8 for one of those. Best thing is, the pub that is 10 second walk away, breakfast is £3.99 and is better 🤷‍♂️

Great rooms, good staff

• Double Queen Room

The soap dispensers in the bathroom fell off the wall if touched (no screws!). When I closed the curtains there was dust all along the top of them. Also they need to leave additional pillows in the room.

Convenient, nice continental breakfast and pleasant staff.

• Double Queen Room

Woman on reception was friendly, breakfast was awful though. Everything was rock solid. Nice rooms, value for money good. Would recommend not much in the area like

• Double Queen Room

There is nothing remotely offensive about this hotel

Very basic and clean hotel. Has a budget but quite a quality continental feel. Perfectly adequate for any kind of trip. Spacious bedroom and lovely walk-in shower.

• Double Queen Room

Only hot water and black coffee in the machine for breakfast

Quiet surrounding, just perfect for meeting with my best friend who lives in Cambridge. Close to Manchester and Liverpool so ideal for a day out

• Double Queen Room

Nothing. Just don't expect luxury.

It's an Ibis styles so don't expect large, luxurious rooms. Its clean and functional and that's about it. Nothing special but good location and can't fault it for the price.

• Double Queen Room

A lot of road noise. Pillows & mattress very hard. Restaurant very expensive. Thugs playing football on hotel corridor bouncing ball off room doors at 11pm.

Duty manager very efficient sorting out the thugs playing football on the corridor at 11pm. Staff pleasant.

• Double Queen Room

We enjoyed a lovely continental breakfast with very generous choices We hope to go to Haydock races this summer and would definitely stay in this hotel for the trip

• Double Queen Room

You don't get what you pay for, room was not cleaned, bin in room full, I was supposed to being queen double room but instead they put me in a room with two single beds, definitely will not be staying again here,

• Double Queen Room

Security lock on door was broken and door didn't close properly (you had to insert your room key to lock the door).

Nice shower and right across from a restaurant. Easy to get to location with parking and breakfast included. Room was a good size with nice light.

• Family Room

The fire doors were very noisy when people were opening them. Was really noisy from 11.30 pm till 3 am. But we really enjoyed our stay apart from that.

• Double Queen Room

No draught beer after certain time depending upon the mood of the bar person .Dirty marks on floor and walls in room removable with a little effort

Breakfast good breakfast staff very helpful and friendly

• Double Queen Room

Poor Breakfast choice but probably because there was only one poor lady trying to run a very busy mornings service so far from her fault another person would have helped considerably

Browse ibis Styles Haydock traveller photo gallery