Reviews of DoubleTree by Hilton London Heathrow Airport 4 stars

745 Bath Road, Heathrow, Cranford, Hounslow, TW5 9QE, United Kingdom

#9 of 29 hotels in Hounslow

• King Guest Room

If you stay in a hilton hotel you will expect a hilton ambiance. Its far, i have to asked for conditioner, rooms are small, doors bangs when you closed it.

• King Guest Room

Bathroom ventilation (airing) was poor Food portions small and a bit pricy

Very good renown 'Hilton' standards Friendly and helpful reception and serving staff Facilities were well maintained Good value for money

• King Guest Room

Rooms/beds very comfortable Lady on reception offered to take our bags to our room as she thought i looked very tired so we could order food before the kitchens closed car park was fairly empty so no fighting for spaces or at least when we visited !

• King Guest Room

Restaurant staff rude and over an hour wait for food when the restaurant was not very busy. Fire alarm - staff were extremely unorganised

Convenient for Twickenham

Nothing comes to mind.

The staff were very friendly and professional. Complimentary warm cookie snd bottled water.They even stored our luggage after checking out, so that we could travel into London before we flew out later in the evening.

• King Guest Room

We were just on an extended layover at LHR. But, I can honestly say this property is one of the top five at which I have had the pleasure of staying.

• King Guest Room

shuttle bus didnt come for more than 30 mins. We ended up taking taxi. Shuttle for other hotel did come and go many times.

close proximity to heathrow for late nite flight. Starbucks at the hotel

• Queen Guest Room

Cleanliness needs improvement in the accommodation.

The restaurant food was great and the staff were friendly and attentive. Excellent customer service in reception.

• Queen Guest Room

The check-in was stressful, the staff were unable to explain what was going on to us as they couldn't find my booking. Sufficient beds weren't made up and we had to vacate whilst they made up more. I had previously phoned the hotel about a month before to find out about parking facilities and they couldn't find my booking then either. They eventually found it and told me how many people were in each room, but this certainly wasn't catered for on arrival.

I cannot fault the hotel or facilities, all excellent.

• King Guest Room

The room was not at all what was shown on booking.com. Not sure if that's a problem w/booking.com or the hotel. The room was much smaller than I expected. The room was hot and airless and the ac was set to run only 4 hours at a time. We were so hot we had trouble sleeping which helped a bit since we had to get up and turn the ac back on a couple of times. It was a miserable night and we could not wait to leave.

The cookies we got on arrival were wonderful. Also we ate at the hotel restaurant and the food and service there was quite good.

• King Guest Room

On check in, at every breakfast and on checkout I was told I had not booked or paid for bed and breakfast, which I had. 4 times I had to either email to or show my confirmation email to reception or the staff showing that I had booked bed and breakfast.

• Queen Guest Room

Stayed here for the army v navy rugby and even though our room wasn’t ready they found us another room to get changed in. All the staff were friendly and polite and i would highly recommend the double tree

No pancakes at breakfast

Great check in, lovely staff, warm cookies on arrival and room was ready when we got there early. Lovely breakfast, lovely modern rooms and great value for money.

• King Guest Room

For size of room it was not great value. The air con and heating didn’t work in the room. That made for an uncomfortable stay.

Location. Easy checkin. Checkin cookie was s nice treat. Clean room and clean facilities. Polite staff.

• Queen Guest Room

They charged me for free shuttle from airport to hotel and back.though I got a mail from booking .com that it's free shuttle. And for extra bed also they charged when I got a confirmation mail from booking.com that I am going to provide an extra bed without any charge. So in total 20+60 pounds they charged me extra. Should be refunded

• Twin Room - Mobility Access

I thought the food was expensive

Very helpful staff and so much nicer than the hotel we stayed in when we flew into Britain a month earlier. Would certainly stay again

• King Guest Room

We had to pay an additional £25 for parking. £12.50 per 24 hours. This was not explained and I believe the description said free parking.

Fabulous large family room.

• Queen Guest Room

The air conditioning needs to improve. It was really warm in my room. I kept putting it down to the lowest it could go (which is 18 degrees which was too warm for the hot weekend) and it stayed at 26 to 27 degrees! Even reached 30 at one point. Really uncomfortable at times and could hear the air but couldn't feel it. I was on the top floor so heat rises which could have made it worse? I would have complained but not sure there's much you could do while I was there. Something to look into though.

The room had a lovely open layout, I loved that the TV had a USB and HDMI port. The windows were big and bright, everything was so comfy and clean. It was SO quiet. I couldn't hear a single plane! The Fish n Chips were excellent and so delicious. The room service was so prompt. There must have been a fluke with the pizza I ordered as it was under cooked (everything else was amazing) and when I let the staff know they refunded me and were SO nice about it. Didn't make me feel awkward at all as I was worried offending the staff. Lovely and so professional. I went here to meet a bunch of writing deadlines and the peace and tranquility were perfect.

• Queen Guest Room

Breakfast is bit too expensive for the price they charge.

Great place very close to the airport but this place is not close to the central London and you have to take a bus to a station near by to catch the train. I would say if you have an early flight this is a best place to stay.

• King Guest Room

No free breakfast included, and menu prices are over priced. Location is not accessible to restaurants. Chamber maid knocked on our door at 9am , asking us to check out when check out time is not til 12 noon!

I booked this hotel knowing we had free breakfast. Unfortunately, it wasn’t included. So disappointed because i always book a hotel with free breakfast .

• King Guest Room

Hotel was lovely, was in a great location for what we wanted staff were very polite and room was very clean. Would stay at this hotel again liked the late check out.

• Queen Guest Room

The reception was not well organized and we were surprised that we were told that breakfast was not included but later rectified. The restaurant was not aware that we should have breakfast. The hotel wanted to deduct £34 from my MasterCard without authorization or previous discussion.

Environment is good with nice ambience.

• Queen Guest Room

There was nothing that I didn't like everything was of good standards

Friendliness and helpfulness of staff in the restaurants...checkin staff attended to my request to change from a queen bedded room booked to a twin bedded room as last minute my daughter was travelling with me!

• Queen Guest Room

The surroundings are not nice. They did not have an adaptor for the electricity plug. The commodities could be better (a vanity kit for example). The breakfast didn't have cheese but maybe it was because I arrived very close to 10am.

Comfortable room within a 20 minutes ride from Heathrow airport. Spacious and warm bathroom. Very tasty welcome cookie!

• Queen Guest Room

Sent on a wild goose chase to get to the property which is NOWHERE NEAR heathrow airport. Shuttle bus takes 45 minutes (may as well travel from central london!), and only comes every 45 minutes so not at all convenient. Staff have no idea of the shuttle bus route either, I rang up to confirm how to get to the hotel and was sent to the wrong location. Taxi costs about £20. Clean, comfy but small room, a bit outdated decor.

It was quiet. As always, got the free chocolate cookie on check-in.

• Queen Guest Room

On staff member was rude had an issue with double booking. Also a colleague was told he had to leave because the double book room. Same staff member.

Ok

• Queen Guest Room

Rude staff, pestering me who I am staying with. Despite staying with my partner Forcing me to overpay for parking because I did not have cash. Absolutely ridiculous. Never considering this hotel again.

• Queen Guest Room

There is a Tv but on the news all the time and silent in the bar area , another bar area with a Tv which you can hear lets say watch sports as there a lot of people who travel alone

I like the friendly check in staff and bar staff, the food in the bar was very good quality also

• Queen Deluxe Room

The greasing was unfriendly and slow. The tea was Luke warm. There was hardly any continental choice. The cooked breakfast was dry and tasteless. The fried egg was like rubber, the tomato cold and undercooked, the sausage, black pudding and bacon were cooked the day before and re-heated to death. The toaster produced limp white toast. The whole sad experience left me totally underwhelmed.

Just the Anchor butter.

• Queen Guest Room

The bathroom could have been a little cleaner and the shuttle service didn't showed up at the airport and the first time left to early

Breakfast was good, the bed was great and the people who work there are really lovely.

• King Guest Room

The trouser press was disconnected from the mains. I know they're pretty 90's. But, just take it off the website if they aren't functional.

Easy access, great lounge, cute little mini gym. easy parking with plenty of spaces.

• King Deluxe Room

Conviently close to the airport for easy access to and from. The room was extremely clean and much bigger than I thought it would be! Staff was helpful with questions we had about London and transit.

• King Guest Room

Maybe a bit more of staff at the bar than was available for example there was one person covering three duties across the floor, so at some point I was left waiting for 5/10mins before being served.

I didn’t unfortunately have breakfast at the hotel but the staff, room and overall experience was great and very helpful location for travel to Heathrow airport.

• King Guest Room

Probably could do with a bit more milk for the coffee/tea in the rooms

The bed was very comfy and the pillows were lovely and soft. The duvet was light weight but warm.

• King Guest Room

The charge for the car park was in my opinion excessive. There was no note of how much this would be on booking.com website.

The room was not set up for 3 people as per the booking but with in 10 mins we had an extra bed, which was made up and towels. The staff were friendly and very accommodating

• King Guest Room

Parking is too expensive but that’s how it is for all hotels around the Heathrow airport.

Well located. Near Heathrow Airport. However, you must check the terminal distance as some terminals can be far and may need taxi/shuttle. They have a shuttle service available for its chargeable. Also the shuttle hops to other hotels en route to airport so you must plan your time accordingly. They have parking and car rental return is 10-15 min drive depending on the rental company.

• King Guest Room

Very rude check-in staff. Not sure why they have to be rude.... it appeared they were too busy to be attentive to customers. Staff require training on how to be hospitable

Comfy beds

• Queen Guest Room

Catering area was poorly kept. Many tables were not cleared after use for long periods. No clean plates available (all used up). Coffee machine needed to be topped up. A better managed catering would go a long way.

Overall no issues and a nice atmosphere.

• Queen Guest Room

The bed was really comfy,I would like to see more on the breakfast menu and dinner menu. have an iron in room fold up iron board,more wardrobe space,water bottles in room,free wi-fi in rooms.

• Queen Guest Room

Had steak for dinner. It was not cooked as I requested and was full of gristle. I sent it back and the waiter serving the replacement made a point of saying "Second steak as if it were not my right to send it back!!" Also, the room heating was broken. They provided a portable heater but a simple check would have discovered the problem before we arrived!

• Queen Guest Room

The only problem was I couldn't get the heating system to work, probably Me a stupid 71 year old, anyway, I rang your care Line for ages a couple of times , no reply the reception, waited ages again, they finally answered and said they would send someone, he never appeared.

Great position as we were driving toGatwick the following day, we were so,lucky to be upgraded to a lovely room, with a nespresso machine etc., Everything was fabulous. Will probably have a normal room next time, you have spoilt us now.

• King Guest Room

Check in was shocking, a long delay with a clear lack of communication and understanding between staff. A lot of foreign workers on the check in desks therefore creating a clear language problem with guests questions.

Rooms were clean, breakfast was fine except a little cold.

• Queen Guest Room

Advertised "shuttle bus" is actually a public bus that costs 10+ pounds round trip from the airport. Trip also takes up to 40 minutes from terminal 5.

Quiet. Friendly staff. Room was clean.

• Queen Guest Room

My overcharged by hotel on the rate, had to load my emails and show them as the reception team didn’t believe what I said the rate I booked wasn’t Room wasn’t what I booked, when I asked why they said they put me in smaller room as I was only staying alone but regardless I wanted what I had booked I usually always have water in my room at doubletree hotels but didn’t here Vending machine was broke and staff didn’t seem to care or assist Weighing scale for bags was broke Shower heads haven’t been descalled Stains all over sofa

Was moved into bigger room once asked.

• Queen Guest Room

Noisy guests in the room next door , complained 3 times before a member of staff knocked on their door . As soon as the member of staff left they started again . Was not happy as this went on all night !

Tele was a good size

• Twin Guest Room

Food leftovers in front of guestrooms still there the next morning- one of the worst impressions at a hotel...promissed service - printout of boarding card - not possible as printer didn't work. Paid 12,50 for car park just to find it completely full at night. Nasty smell in Entrance hall.

Very close to Heathrow airport, friendly and helpful staff, clean and comfortable rooms, nice bar, easy check- in and check- out. Prices ok. Clean bathroom.

• Queen Guest Room

The layout of the room, in terms of placement of the tv to the bed

The warm cookies upon check in was a nice touch Personal and helpful staff - upon check in and at the bar

• Queen Guest Room

Wish I could say the same for the facilities. Room I stayed in (#501) was very small, the sheets were not clean at all. Temperature was very cold (poor heating). Room smelled foul, not fresh clean.

Staff is excellent ... among the friendliest I have ever come across. Excellent WiFi. Service with a smile, rushing up to bring me a bus schedule without me asking.

• King Guest Room

I didn't like the fact that the generator or air con came on around 6am. The noise was so loud that we could not sleep. Finally at 8.30am my husband called reception and complained about this issue. The manager came promptly and heard the noise. He apologies and said that the air con has come on. My husband said that we have stayed at the hotel before and never heard this noise which has kept us up. Manager said he would look into it and offered us complimentary breakfast.

Breakfast was very good, room was cosy.

• Queen Guest Room

There was not much any one could moan about, but there’s not pleasing some people,

The kettle didn’t work and we didn’t know till we went to use it at 5.30 am , so didn’t bother with it

• Queen Guest Room

Our room was situated adjacent to the doors that led to reception I had very little sleep due to the doors slamming, then after eventually getting to sleep awoken by the housekeeping staff in full conversation outside our room! Left feeling exhausted

The hotel itself was perfect

• Queen Guest Room

Foot access to the hotel, you need to provide,most especially if one is accessing the hotel via bath road, the flowers there need some caring or to be remove.

The staff are excellent very friendly and always want to go the extra mile.

• Queen Guest Room

not enough parking and very unsecure. dangerous area of London.

plesant hotel. not many clean tables to sit at in the evening unless going into the restaurant.

• King Guest Room

Noise from 3am till 6am kids screaming, woman shouting at man, constant doors slamming. Forced to pay 12£ for parking from 2am to 9am on a Sunday.

Clean

Transportation

All good but what was call airport shuttle, had to jump in a public transport that charge me £9 for the round trip to the hotel... At list tell the customer that the shuttle is going to be a public bus and have some pound in your pocket... Not € but £ or the client has to get off the bus and withdraw £ from the airport ATM

• Queen Guest Room

Can't think of anything; all was good :)

We had to stay at this hotel as our flight from Heathrow was cancelled. It's within easy reach of the airport and very good value for money. Bar and restaurant on site were a bonus. Would definitely stay again if needed.

• King Guest Room

I had to pay £12 to park my car in the hotel car park in the disabled parking spot with a blue badge.

Staff were great, it was clean and comfortable. Nice location and easy to find as well.

All the above ...

This is a 4 stars hotel....backed from Hilton. ...not even a good tree stars . Small room . Not aired toilet. Took forever to tune the tv .

Parking charges

Every thing was perfect , i went with my husband and it was his birthday they oginised the cake for him which was exilent and it was complimentary too we love the stay and staff was very nice and welcoming cookies was so yummy i will highly recommend to everyone , definitely will go back big thanks to the team

• Queen Guest Room

Room felt a bit outdated despite being very clean. No USB plugs that are very common now for international travellers, very few electric sockets.

Room is spacious and clean, bathroom is inviting and relaxing after a long flight. Breakfast offered a great selection of pastries, yogurts and hot dishes.

• King Guest Room

Only downside was another guest smoking in a room and setting off the fire alarms at night. Leading to an evacuation and 90 mins before we were allowed to renter rooms. Manger helpful next day on the explanation etc

Hotel is a great as a stopover pre or post a flight from Heathrow. Easy to check in and a warm cookie as a welcome. Rooms as expected for what you’d need. Restaurant on site, dinner was good and reasonably priced for the area and hotel. Wifi is included and an ok speed. Staff friendly and helpful including organising taxi to Heathrow for the morning.

• King Guest Room

Comfortable, quiet, a little out of the way for Heathrow, and you would be best taking a cab rather than relying on the shuttle, which can take a while to get there.

• King Guest Room

I had booked well in advance and my booking confirmed that I had booked a family room for 2 adults and a child. When I arrived I was told that my booking was for ONLY a double room. Not sure how this error occurred? On showing my booking confirmation - I was told that we would be given a sofa bed in our room. Initially we was allocated a room on the fifth floor - but was then called to say that there were no sofa beds - so I had to be moved down to the Second floor. Hotel staff were helpful. Sofa bed is too small

• King Guest Room

Fire alarm went on because someone smoked in the room and the company couldn’t reset it. Thus, we waited outside more than hour while it was raining and than they only let us in to the bar which we waited more than another hour. It was horrible.

• Queen Guest Room

How worn everything is compared to website photos, good job it was a last minute deal but disappointing for ‘queen’ size suite that was no more than an average room.

good location

• King Guest Room

Breakfast was horrible.. Nothing tasted good

Good transportation links to central London & minutes away from airport Rooms are clean and comfortable

• King Guest Room

Breakfast was awful. We got it free of charge somehow but still couldn’t eat it and ended up getting something at the airport. Everything tasted like it had been left out a day too long, eggs particularly horrid.

Lovely hotel, friendly staff and good location for onward travel to airport. Especially helpful given we flew on Christmas Day.

• King Guest Room

The heating system in the room was on a timer so after a few hours the room got cold and had to wake up chilly in middle of night and reset it? Strange.

Very clean nice staff, close to terminal two.

• Queen Guest Room

Tiny room, false advertisement as I booked a queen deluxe room, was give a tiny double. Have been ussued a parking ticket for staying in the car park for 45 minutes as it took the staff at reception 30 minuets to acknowledge we were standing there waiting to check in. Staff are really rude, do not inform you of breakfast times so we missed breakfast, bed was the most uncomfortable bed I’ve ever slept in, woke up with a bad back the next day, you can hear EVERYTHING from your neighbors. Absolute nightmare to say the least. Complained and hotel didn’t even say sorry

• King Guest Room

The only negative was that we were staying on the ground floor which faced the main road. If you are a light sleeper and wanted a lie in the next morning you might not have got that. However we were up early so not something that bothered us

Lovely hotel and the complementary cookies went down a treat with a cup of tea! We checked in around 9pm and after our long journey had a great night sleep. Breakfast the next morning was 10/10 and staff couldn't have been more helpful, great stay!

• King Guest Room

Proximity to airport night before our flight, price of accommodation and convenient/frequent £5 airport shuttle. Free breakfast offer when I booked

• King Deluxe Room

The bathroom shower was not clean and it took 20 minute cab ride to get to the airport. It is NOT connected to the airport as one would assume by the name. The neighborhood was difficult to navigate in using public transportation.

the room was large and the bed was comfortable. the breakfast offered a wide variety.

• King Guest Room

Size of the room was very small considering it was a king room the hotel was nicely located close to the airport a taxi from the hotel to the entrance of terminal 3 was £11 however the surrounding area in Hounslow there were very few nice restaurants. Might have expected a B and B to be located there but not the Hilton. The Bar and Restaurant was overpriced but you have very little choice but to pay considering where you are located.

The staff were very hospitable and helpful, it seems that the training is good. The rooms although on the small size were clean and it was competitively priced considering location. A very good stopover for an early morning flight - but perhaps bring a takeaway before check in.

• King Guest Room

Bed and room was great/ there was dirty towels under our bed from previous people and hair in bath tub not cleaned properly. Told reception nothing done about it. Then went down for drinks the bar person kept wiping his nose and his trousers with his hands and making out drinks Then breakfast ran out of fried eggs no hot water waited 10 mins then top it off having to pay extra after all this is so not exceptable. It was my husband birthday and I do want to return but only because it’s local to where I work but how can I if I pay so much for extras and no one taking point of how we were treated.

• Queen Guest Room

I ordered a taxi on arrival for early departure in the morning, however it wasn't ordered. But the staff quickly remedied this.

Helpful staff, easy access