Reviews of Ramada Plaza Southport 4 stars

Marine Lake, Promenade, Southport, PR9 0DZ, United Kingdom

#4 of 13 hotels in Southport

Based on 1980 hotel reviews

• Marine Lake Suites

Breakfast time. 9am head waitress seated to table. Not once were offered tea or coffee from waiters or waitress. We were invisible. While I went to the bathroom facilities. My Husband couldn't wait any longer went the coffee machine. Returned to our table the were quicker clearing the tables then serving tea and coffee.

Fantastic hotel to relax. I chose the right room 418. Fantastic views. Comfortable surroundings.in the room.

the staff were not very helpful on the front desk in fact they were trying there best not to book me in. they were quite hostile towards me and my partner. maybe because we were from Liverpool. the nets in the room were all staind. the fire alarm went of about 01.30 so we had to vacate the room. some poor woman collapsed with the stress of it all. we got back in are room about 0220. my partner who had been the hospital in the morning was very upset. the cleaners in the morning were knocking on the door at 08.30 to clean the room so all in all it was not a very good stay, not much rest.

the bed

• Marine Lake Suites

Exit from car park has two ticket machines on exit bay that are not clearly marked. One for casino and one for the hotel and could create a problem if in a queue of traffic wanting to leave.

Great location. Helpful staff

On the morning of checking out we were disturbed by a knocking at the door and a person entering without waiting for a reply - I was not fully dressed and found this embarrassing. During check out we were told in a demeaning manner that we had to pay £10 for parking and that if we had booked direct with the hotel and not with Booking.com it would have been free!!

Booked specially for my mother’s birthday and asked for a room with nice view which we got

Could not use the bath only the shower because the plug chain was tangled round the overflow. Mostly have showers but I had a poorly foot that a soak would have helped. I know I could have had it put right but in two nights did not have time.

The bed was really comfortable and unusually the pillows suited us as well. The view from the room over the lake and the bay was magnificent.

Liked everything - slight smartening needed at some point

Excellent service (including when three times I needed first aid), very pleasant room and view, very good location (but recommend they choose a better publicity photo - present one doesn't do it justice)

The attitude of the staff was appalling I felt like i payed a lot of money to be talked down to by the receptionist because of the visa issue over the weekend which was not my fault very unhappy.

• Double Room - Disability Access

Always fantastic experience, stayed a couple of times, the staff are exceptional, very friendly and happy to help with anything, nothing was too much trouble. Will look forward to our next stay

• Double Room - Disability Access

Late night drink after party doesn't exist but you are in the UK, why have an adjoining door to the Floral if it's going to be shut?

Ideal if you are going next door to a fancy do, unfortunately the adjoining doors were shut for some reason but fortunately it wasn't raining so didn't get the stilettos wet and neither did the wife. Parking is also ideal but there is an extra charge of £10 so be aware. Always good service.

• Promenade Room

Bedding was course and uncomfortable and windows let too much sound in.

Friendly staff and a well equipped room. Complimentary drinks in mini fridge and a beautiful en suite.

Nothing really to comment on in terms of improvement, if I absolutely had to say something it would be that only having one lift to the basement parking meant you could wait a little while for the correct lift to arrive.

Ideal location and very helpful staff, we were there for the local triathlon and the check in team automatically extended our check out till 12pm. The room was clean and quiet, and the bed was very comfortable.

Nothing to complain about nothing negative

Service was great nothing to much trouble we needed to change the room due to the issue re the height of the bath changed straight away no problem

The vegetarian food was bland and unimaginative. I have stayed here several times on business, and it has always been the same.

The hotel is very modern and attractive, looking over the beach. The staff were friendly and efficient. The curtains are lined so even on a sunny morning in May you can sleep well.

• Double Room - Disability Access

Room was a bit warm . Air conditioning quite noisy so we left it off.

Good location. Car park expensive £10 per night if you don't book direct. We parked on one of the disabled parking bays for free for our 5 night stay. Had an accessible room which was great.

• Promenade Room

The Menu in the restaurant could have been a little better.Not very interesting TBH

The room was lovely and clean with a big side window .The bathroom was clean and the towels fluffy and white. Loads of hot water and the room had air con this is extra good as the weekend we went it was boiling hot .Check out was easy and we were able to keep our car in the carpark for another 4 hrs @£10 a day this is good value and saved us driving around.

The only down side to the room was the air conditioning it was very poor and the room was very warm and we couldn’t cool it down with the poor air conditioner .

We liked the room on the third floor we had a great view of the lake . The room was very nice and a nice big bath in the bathroom which is unusual in most hotels .

Ideal location. The breakfast was an excellent buffet. Evening meal in the restaurant was good. Only slight criticism was the service in the bar area you could be waiting for service and someone would just walk up and the barman serve them before the people that where already waiting! This was the only criticism but as a former bar owner who clocked customers faces as they arrived at the bar and served them in turn it probably stood out more to me.

• Promenade Room

When we realised that Booking.com had taken no head of our special request for a room looking towards Blackpool, the receptionist (American) did her very best to find us a room with a view of the sea and despite the hotel being fully booked over the weekend she went to a lot of trouble to find us a lovely room over looking the lake with the sea in the back ground. I am pleased to report that the hotel and its staff continued to live up the experience of our initial welcome.

The limited fixed evening menu.

We've been several times before and liked the facilities near the water. We looked at the evening menu and then went for a Chinese.

Bottled water in room.

Breakfast was not that good, buffet style food not that hot. Coffee served cold help yourself to bacon eggs etc, a little messy.

The room showed poor maintenance my first room had a broken front door lock repaired with caulking? a tv that was not working properly, and a sink that would not drain! At my request l was moved to a second room where the whole floor was badly sqeeking etc all over and I would wake my wife by just walking on it! After requesting another room we at last got something more normal but not what l would call a 4 star hotel and the prices associated with that rating.

• Deluxe Double Room

Two easy chairs or a small sofa would be good so I didn't have to sit on bed to watch tv!The stay was quite expensive so would expect to watch tv comfortably!

Meals very good,staff pleasant,rooms clean and comfy(except sitting on bed to watch tv!)

There was no continental breakfast available, only the full English. This made us eat breakfast out. At the end of the day we paid for exactly what we got, but the check in and check out process seemed unnecessarily complicated. I still do not understand this business of being charged £50 per day at check in then not being charged at checkout.

We asked for a quiet room with a sea view and we got it. The air conditioning was simple to adjust, it worked very well and was very quiet. In many hotels this is not the case. As my wife has an allergy to animals, the hotel's "no pets" policy is a positive with us.

To be honest the delegates for the conference made the atmosphere bad. Normally business people are quite but to have people spouting their views even though they all agree with each other and all talking twaddle really spoilt our stay

Location and the view from the room

The room was super with an excellent view. A very comfortable bed and excellent bathroom.We recently stayed in Barcelona and Southport was a far superior hotel on all levels.

Rather noisy with open plan loungeand dining combined. Considering the front facade there appeared to be no open view of the lake from the dining area or reception. Perhaps the conference rooms enjoyed this view. The decor was dark and dated and the photograph suggested light and airy.

Food was excellent

Rooms are very comfortable and clean. Staff are very friendly and eager to help food was excellent

Dinner. Ordered pie, was just warm. Sent back then couldn't cut the steak!! Rubber springs to mind. Finally had to order something we didn't want. However that was beautiful. Martin the waiter was excellent and gave us it on the house. Great customer service.

View from rom

The fire alarm went off at 1am in the morning it was a false alarm due to someone accidentally setting it off We got back to our bedrooms only for it to go off again I thought you had to break glass to set a fire alarm off shouldn’t be so easy to set it off accidentally

The staff were lovely in the hotel

The fire alarm going off at 1am. The confusion of not knowing what was happening . Having to ring the receptionist to clarify that everything was okay after only hear from other guests that it was a false alarm . Being unsettled by the alarm and not being able to get back to sleep . Felt the situation should have been handled better and that we should have been offered a partial refund or something complimentary to make up for lack on sleep .

Hotel was in a great location . Room was brilliant . Reaturant was brilliant . Staff were welcoming on check in .

• Marine Lake Suites

Considering we paid around £450 for 2 nights DB&B I was disappointed to be restricted as to how much we could spend on food without having to pay extra. And I think £10 per day parking charge was a bit excessive too.

We had a suite on the fourth floor overlooking the Lake and Coast. Three huge floor to ceiling windows with beautiful views. The bed was enormous and very comfortable. 2 TVs, one in the lounge area and one at the bottom of the bed!! Good food, friendly staff and spotlessly clean.

• Promenade Room

comfort of the bed/pillows, low pressure shower that you needed to stoop under, dripping tap noise directly outside the window, cost of parking on site when the car park was empty

size of the room, quality of the breakfast, efficiency of the staff

parking considering the price of the room per night, I think paying and extra £10 per night to park your car at the hotel was a bit much

Beds really comfortable very clean and quiet lovely stay

Friendly staff. Nice rooms, comfortable bed. Nice toiletries in the bathroom and lovely large bath towels. Food in the restaurant was good and reasonably priced

• Deluxe Double Room

The bed in the room was a little bit too soft so I couldn’t sleep also there was an event going on during my stay so there was a lot of noise from the event and from drunk people walking the corridor but that can’t be helped.

Loved everything the staff were amazing and very helpful.

The only downside was that the balcony near the bar was not open in order that I could pop out for a smoke. I have mobility problems and it is a long way down to the ground floor.

The road you take to the underground car park is full of potholes. The price of hotel is enough that I think the £10.00 for car park was cheeky to say the least

The room and availabilty to park

• Deluxe Double Room

When checking in no one explained what facilities were available or where they were, I only realised there was an on site fitness suite when I was in the lift going to my room no one told me where it was. The room I was in (superior deluxe) was very expensive for the size. I have stayed in some very nice hotels over the years and have had much bigger suites for very similar money.

The room was very clean and the bed was very comfy. There was lovely views from my room over the lake. The hotel is perfectly sighted in the town and the added bonus of having underground on site parking was great. The all you can eat breakfast was fantastic.

I was not keen to the fact that the entrance to the hotel allowed people off the street to enter into the rooms of the hotel without any security check or pass system. Most unusual and unsettling! Breakfast although a great choice was I felt on the expensive side !

Location was very good for Town and general amenities. All staff on the reception area were excellent. Very friendly and very helpful in general. Parking facility directly under the hotel was a great advantage.

The breakfast was poor quality - as bad as I sound that is a main attraction for me as I love a hotel breakfast.. Room was literally a box it would be okay for 1 person

The shower, the people ..

• Promenade Room

The bath, far too high so couldn’t use the shower either. Disappointed with this, am not disabled but it was far too high.

Was pleased with everything, staff great, lovely dinner & breakfast

Me and my hubby stayed here in 2016 and it was fine , this time we stayed 17/3/18 was excellent lovely room and view , lovely breckfeast lovely staff , would recommend to stay here , 👍👍👍

Room tv tuning had possibly not been updated. Couldn't get BBC News channel, and TV Guide not populated

Waitress spotted my room card had fallen out of my pocket onto the couch and followed me up to my room; arriving just as I was searching for it!

The heating/ air con. The weather was cold and the heating didn’t respond well. The room phone had been unplugged and I had difficulty pulling the bed out to retieve the cable in order to phone reception.

The staff were very helpful and pleasant.The bed was really comfortable. The room was clean and the TV was a good size with many channels. WiFi was strong.

Check-in was quick and easy but felt we should have been told about facilities,breakfast times,option to add dinner etc. The information was in the room but sometimes the personal touch goes further.Easily overheard bar staff mocking a guests choice of clothing!!Would be amazed if the guest in question hadn't heard too. Breakfast waiting staff could have been more welcoming and looked a bit happier even if they weren't feeling it. Feel a bit of staff training would be useful

Room decor,cleanliness and view excellent. Loved the added extras in the room such as ice bucket, mini fridge,safe,takeaway drinks cups,phone/'handy'travel guide. Gorgeous breakfast,plenty of choice and replenished often. Hotel decor lovely throughout. Great location!

The only downside was a slow reception experience (actually, to be more accurate, a slow receptionist.......but to be fair, the receptionist who dived in to help the original ditherer was much, much better)

This hotel is just great - everything you could want from a hotel in fact! The rooms are tastefully decorated, comfortable and quiet (unlike most other Southport hotels, where the constant yelling of dysfunctional street-yobs has often kept me awake throughout the night). I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Southport.

The hotel position is excellent and the room views are superb. This is a Ramada hotel so you expect a standard and level of comfort and it delivers. The hotel is expensive but it's a really nice hotel, well situated.

• Double Room - Disability Access

The bathroom should have been clean, well maintained and in full working order before we checked in.

The bedroom was excellent, clean with a very comfortable bed and excellent facilities. Unfortunately the bathroom fell short of our expectations. The shower leaked, there was no hot water from the basin tap and the disabled facilities such as handrails and shower seat were dirty and rusty. To the hotels credit the shower and tap were put right quickly but overall the bathroom was old and tired.

The quilt could have been a big bigger but that's all.

The bed was comfy and room spacious. Loved the little touches toiletries and refreshments. The view was amazing and nice quiet room.

• Promenade Room

Hmm ... No complimentary parking if you book through Booking.com That is a fat zero on that one. Only told of this when checking out, assumed it was included. It wasn’t when I went to exit the car park! Wasn’t impressed with that one, had to go back inside and pay an extra £10.

I liked the whole place, very relaxing, nice decor, breakfast was lovely ... not much wrong with staying there.

Nothing - everything was excellent

I asked for a quiet room with feather pillows and that is exactly what the hotel provided. It was excellent. Parking is a bit steep at £10 per day but conveniently under the hotel - -if you could be bothered and your schedule allows you can park on the street between 18.00 and 08.00 for free. The hotel restaurant food was excellent and not too expensive.

Very comfortable bed. Views over lake & towards Blackpool were a bonus. I liked the option to have window open for some fresh air. Great value for money hotel. All staff were helpful and courteous.

Very noisy as there was a function on people going back to there rooms shouting 2am outside our room so disrespectful staff dealt with it promptly .

Lovely hotel staff very polite and helpful wi be staying again

Lovely clean and spacious room - secure parking- all staff whom we encountered very polite and helpful - all staff dressed smartly - public areas very clean and tidy - all round good hotel - room cleaned to high standard - comfortable bed

• Double Room - Disability Access

the bar charges were steep my friends and I would have stayed in the bar longer but it was cheaper to buy our drinks at another pub.

the spacious room cleanliness and extremely helpful staff

• Promenade Room

I ordered a cocktail it was very syrup based not at all nice. The bed was uncomfortable and the duvet was very thin. I always enjoy breakfast in bed as a treat but unfortunately there is no cooked breakfast available for room service . I would not stay again.

We had a promenade room it was spacious and clean

• Double Room - Disability Access

We were charged £10 for parking because we booked with booking.com and not direct with Ramada Plaza. I thought this was outrageous, we felt penalised for using booking.com

Breakfast had a good selection, but thought tables situated too close to each other.

The bar area was dull and as we were there for a celebration, a lot of money was spent on the night, bar staff could have been more welcoming and some music would have been nice!

WiFI not good. Measured as about 1 to 2.5 mbs on speedtest (room 427) too slow for streaming and signal not even picked up by the free phone type device in the room Bed not as comfortable as used to e.g. in Novotels

Space is very good , facilities great and clean and well kept almost new.

found the room a bit cold and the restaurant was also cold.

The bed was comfy, the eggs benedict was fantastic for breakfast! The staff where all lovely, Vicky very helpful on reception!

Pillars were to flat / uncomfortable

The cleanliness of rooms. We arrived a little early yet they got our room ready for us to check in. The view overlooking the Marina.

• Double Room - Disability Access

I was told that because I had booked through Booking.com I would have to pay an additional £10.00 for parking. Apparently if I had booked direct with the hotel parking would have been free!!!!

Noise from disco on Sunday night sounded through to our room on 4th floor until midnight.

Met all expectations as above and all staff we spoke to were exceptionally polite, friendly and helpful.

The breakfast was overpriced at £14.95 each as it wasn’t included in our booking.

I loved that for a twin room you got 2 x double beds. The staff were very helpful too 😊

The electronic menu for the room service it was time-consuming and slow to appear. would prefer a hard copy. I preferred the old system for the TV rather than a smart TV. It was extremely difficult to use the apps on the TV and I could not get TV BBC IPlayer to work.

Staff super friendly and helpful. They all went out of the way to be helpful. They took time to answer questions and always eager to assist. The friendly manner seemed very genuine. Nice big room with a great view of the waterfront and bridge.

• Promenade Room

- Bathroom was freezing as there is no form of heating. It needs at least a heated towel rail or better still underfloor heating. - Room heating (heat pump) is awful - slow, poor control and starts blowing cold once temperature reached. - Water pressure in bathroom a joke, shower a bit more than a trickle which varied constantly as other rooms turned water on and off and thermostatic valve tried to compensate. - Breakfast price at £15.00 per head is outrageous.

Location, facilities, staff, size of room and views

Bathroom was built for giants. The top of bath came up to top of my legs and the wash basin was high. Only being 4’ 11.5” getting in and out of the bath was difficult. If I stayed again I would have to ask for a walk in shower.

Bed was comfy and facilities good. Good food

I was surprised that I had to pay for parking £10/night when booking through Booking.com especially as there isn't any easily alternative place to park near the hotel. The receptionist said that had I booked through their website this charge would not have been levied. They should have told me this on the first night, not wait till I checked out. It's possible this additional charge was notified in the small print somewhere and so they have covered themselves legally, but it is nevertheless sharp business practice and for this reason I won't be staying in a Ramada hotel again.

• Marine Lake Suites

Long walk from lift to room

The view from the balcony, under ground parking, tv at the foot of the bed, and one in the lounge, quick lift. Lovely decor and very comfy bed

• Promenade Room

Description of types of room available was confusing. We had to change our booking to get the view of the sea we thought we had booked.

Ideal location for visiting Southport and room had a fantastic view

• Double Room - Disability Access

Great room, comfy bed and, for a change, lovely pillows (for me). It was quiet, a little too warm for my liking at night, but I couldn't find a way to cool it down as I had the heating off. The room was immaculately clean and the facilities just what I wanted. Very nice meal in the Brasserie on Monday evening too. Staff were lovely, very helpful and friendly. I would definitely stay here again.

Can’t think of anything really nothing to do with the hotel but Southport Lord street needs to up its game to many empty shops .

No problems everything was spot on the room was excellent and the breakfast was great the staff were friendly and helpful

• Reviewed: 16 December 2017

There wasn't any mushrooms for breakfast but that is not a negative for everyone

The views of the lake are beautiful, the ambience of the hotel and the loacation are perfect

We travelled during the christmas office party season and despite us being on the 4th floor and the parties being on the 1st floor you could still hear the boom of the bass in our room. Fortunately it didn't go on into the early hours - it wouldn't stop me going again at this time of year but would definitely ask for a quit room. Parking was extortionate - apparently if you book through Booking.com you incur a £10 a night fee (free if you book direct). This was something I hadn't noticed when I booked so was a bit of a surprise on checkout.

Good breakfast.Very helpful staff. Nice location.

• Double Room - Disability Access

Staff were ok but the receptionist charged me twice and had to rectify. We had to wait about 20 minutes for olives...before going out. It made us late.

Browse Ramada Plaza Southport traveller photo gallery