2. UK hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa

Reviews of Ramside Hall Hotel, Golf & Spa 4 stars

Carrville, Durham, DH1 1TD, United Kingdom

#3 of 13 hotels in Durham

Read more- opens a dialog box

Showing 1 – 75

• Reviewed: 9 December 2018

Stayed here because we were attending one of their Xmas...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Booked a delux room at £210 (room 118)Room was old fashioned and a little tatty. Bathroom wasn’t the cleanest with milder and mildew in the shower and generally in need of a good clean. Breakfast was very average. When we booked the Christmas party no choice of meal was given which led to dishes being rejected for another choice. Marketed as a luxury golf / spa resort but couldn’t compare to the likes of rudding park where we a stayed a couple of times. Pretty poor overall but a decent party night.

Stayed here because we were attending one of their Xmas party nights party was great and the bed was comfortable but that’s about it.

• Reviewed: 8 December 2018

Fantastic stay!
    • Classic Double Room

Fantastic stay at Ramside. The hotel was clean, well presented, fab food, lovely staff and service. Spa was fab too. We had a fantastic stay in a premier suite. We will definately be returning.

• Reviewed: 7 December 2018

The different eating areas.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Bathroom a little outdated. No extractor fan. Of course the shower leaked everywhere and old fashioned glass and wood door for a bathroom??

The different eating areas. The large bedrooms. Excellent gym and spa. Lots of parking. Very helpful and friendly staff

• Reviewed: 7 December 2018

I have stayed here many times which says a lot about this...
    • Small Standard Double Room

This time the Rib room service was very poor sadly It took an hour for main course service and then my wifes steak was overcooked and had to be redone An adjustment to the bill was made without question The second evening was better I got the impression things were not happy in the kitchen

I have stayed here many times which says a lot about this hotel and its facilities

• Reviewed: 6 December 2018

Brilliant
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

I found the bed was rather hard

Every thing n everyone was brilliant massage was a dream staff are all polite the only thing is I dnt like a hard bed so didn’t sleep to well but that’s not hotels fault xx

• Reviewed: 4 December 2018

This is the best place ever !

Nothing at all I loved it 😊

This is the best place ever !! Only thing we never got to see the massive tree 😲 Staff very attentive and friendly brilliant 🌟🌟🌟

• Reviewed: 28 November 2018

The bed was very comfy, and the room was quite big, our room...
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

I think more information should be given about the spa and the different options on arrival or when you are booking. We ate in the Rib Room and the only recommendation I would give is to cook the steak more, we had ours medium but t was actually rare and I have heard this from a few other people who have been too.

The bed was very comfy, and the room was quite big, our room was right next to the spa which was ideal. Everywhere was very clean, I would 100% stay again. The food and service was great and the staff were lovely and smiley. My partner was very happy at the fact you also get Sky Sports in the room.

• Reviewed: 27 November 2018

Really disappointing stay, paid a lot of money and told we...
    • Classic Double Room

Really disappointing stay, paid a lot of money and told we had a room with a terrace and didn’t. Asked to be moved to one with a terrace, we were moved and it still didn’t have one. Walls are so thin and close together can hear everything it’s really noisy. £150 with no meal/breakfast and not allowed to use spa facilities. It is really disappointing for such a beautiful hotel.

• Reviewed: 26 November 2018

Ok but expected more for the price
    • Classic Twin Room

Two hour time slot for pool and being asked to pay for breakfast before eating as we were room only

Room was fine beds extremely comfy,large bath in en suite and the pianist/singer in pembertons absolutely brilliant

• Reviewed: 26 November 2018

We absolutely loved our stay here at Ramside Hall, even more...
    • Classic Double Room

We absolutely loved our stay here at Ramside Hall, even more so that we haven’t even checked out of the hotel & we’ve booked to come again on another occasion! We couldn’t fault anything at all, staff in the Rib Room made a huge effort to make you feel welcome and to ensure my partner had the best birthday!! We can’t wait to come back.

• Reviewed: 25 November 2018

Worth a visit but for the money spent, it's worth going abroad for the weekend.
    • Small Standard Double Room

We had previously stayed with Ramside the previous year for our anniversary. This time round, the spa facilities were more pricey and didn't offer anything extra value for money. Compared to last year, where if you booked a treatment like my partner did, you got free access to the deluxe pool and facilites. This time around this was not the case and you had to pay £30 per person to use this. We did not do this. My second negative is that my partner suffered a reaction on the morning to something we aren't sure of. This was at the same time as her spa treatment was due and in the end we did not go ahead with it in case her skin was inflamed more. However, the solution for resolving this issue was instead of asking for a straight up refund, the lady at reception said she and only she could use the deluxe pool for up to 4 hours instead. However this made no sense as it was £30 per person to use this until the end of our stay. The other argument was what was I meant to do in the meantime, watch my partner by the window whilst she sat in the bubbles? In the end a refund was made and we weren't impressed in the slightest. My last complaint was the menu. My partner has recently transitioned from vegetarian to vegan and whereas last year the resteraunt accommodated for vegetarians, it does not for vegans. I had to ask the chef on both nights what they could do which was good of them, however nowadays 1 in 10 are vegan there should be something to stop me asking as I felt a bit of a nuisance at times because of this.

Chef at the Carvary was amazing. Sorted my partner with a vegan meal when asked

• Reviewed: 20 November 2018

It was amazing, we’ll definitely be back.
    • Suite

My meal in the Rib Room (posh fish and chips) wasn’t great, however it wouldn’t put me off going again because my partner said it was one of the best steaks he’s ever had.

Everything was great. It was my partners 30th birthday and he was left a card and box of chocolates in the room. We were also left fresh fruit and chocolate covered strawberries. The extra touches were lovely. I will definitely recommend and stay again.

• Reviewed: 18 November 2018

Really nice stay. Friendly staff.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Good size room on the ground floor. Large bad, although visible stains from previous guests. Large bathroom, staff were pleasant and nice carvery and bar. Not a lot of parking.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2018

Lovely hotel and spa facilities, great for families, easy access to Durham centre on Park and Ride.
    • Superior Family Room

The restaurant food was very average, tables and floors were dirty. One member of staff gave us information about how we could use the salad bar and when we followed that advice another staff member said we couldn't have any and was very rude even after explaining the information we were given. There was so much food left over by the end of the evening that I cant see how us having a few carrots would have really made a difference. We were really cross by her attitude and chose not to eat in the hotel for the rest of the trip. There are some other restaurants in the hotel which I'm sure are better but we didn't feel they were suitable for just a quick dinner with kids.

Lovely spacious room with a separate room with children's bunk beds. We had access to, but didn't use, the spa facilities, our room had a lovely deep bath and was so comfy and quiet it provided us with all the relaxation we needed after 2 busy days in Beamish and Durham. Was across the road from Park and Ride which is only £2 for the whole day and free for under 16's.

• Reviewed: 14 November 2018

Pleasant stay eventually.
    • Small Standard Double Room

The room on arrival 401 was not a very nice room very old the window wouldn’t lock and was unstable it had a foisty smell we asked for another room but wary of what we would be given paid the extra to upgrade which was 60pound extra which we didn’t budget for but was very nice.

Customer service was good.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2018

Location, ease of parking and access to the health...
    • Deluxe Double Room

We traveled with our dog and when originally booked we had a dog friendly room. However we upgraded and they didn't tell us that there are no dogs allowed in any other type of room so had to make emergency arrangements at an additional cost on arrival day. Also mattress was very soft.

Location, ease of parking and access to the health facilities.

• Reviewed: 7 November 2018

8/10

This was our 6th visit to ramside. It seems the cleanliness has gone down hill. Both in the room and spa. We had glitter all over the floor and eyelashes and also there was splashed of tea up the wall behind kettle. Also we weren’t given a breakfast card we went to reception and asked for one they said they would get one taken to room. Later that night when we went to the room there still was no card. I rang down to reception an they posted one under the door we filled t out and hooked on door. The next morning we were waiting and waiting for our breakfast. I checked the door and the card was still there no one had collected it so I had to call down to reception again and give them the order.

We enjoyed cocktails at the fusion bar and the steak at the rib room was amazing

• Reviewed: 5 November 2018

Lovely very comfortable hotel with good pool and excellent rib room.

having to leave - could have done with a few more days! Whilst breakfast was very good, we went down at approx. 9.15, our daughter came down at about 9.45. We had an extremely good choice - however there was not a lot left by the time she and granddaughter came down. On asking she was told that no more food would be put out as breakfast finished at 10.00. On previous visits this has not happened and there has always been full breakfast available.

very spacious and comfortable room. Breakfast wonderful. We had not booked the rib room for dinner but they offered a late sitting at 9.15 which we were a little worried about s we had our 8 year old granddaughter with us and thought it may be a bit late. They said if we arrived dead on time we would be served promptly. They did - and we had a lovely meal - well up to standard (we have stayed here before) and speedy. Even though we were almost the last out of the restaurant we did not get the feeling we were rushed or that they wanted us to leave - they were just all very friendly. Lovely experience as always. Little granddaughter thinks we should live here!

• Reviewed: 3 November 2018

Ok ...
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

The room upon check in was still very dirty, the housekeeping didn’t do a very good job throughout our stay. In room menu and breakfast menu were overpriced and the food was very dissatisfying. There’s no mini bar and at certain times it took us 15 minutes just to place a drink order as the reception takes all the calls.

I have stayed in the hotel 3-4 times before as it has been covinient. I love the spa and was a member for a long time previously, their Fusion restaurant and hair dressers are also amazing. The carvery was also nice but gets very busy on weekends.

• Reviewed: 2 November 2018

We enjoyed out stay with you very much - comfort, attention perfect
    • Classic Double Room

There was no fridge in room When dining in The Rib Room - it was a very long time to wait for each course to arrive - it's much better in Scotland

Staff upgraded room when there was no heated towel rail in our bathroom

• Reviewed: 1 November 2018

Lovely stay, worth ringing up and booking the outstanding spa on the day as well as the rib room.
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

Drinks in the bar were expensive and there was not much atmosphere as there was no background music on. We also tried in advance to contact the hotel to book the outstanding spa, however had little success and staff were not helpful. We contacted the Facebook for Ramside spa and they advised we couldn’t prebook and then phoned the Ramside spa and they were not much help in advising neither.

The room was perfect size, with a comfortable bed and a stunning view of the front of the property. The outstanding spa was a little busy but was worth the extra £60. The food in the rib room was amazing and would definitely recommend, the staff were also very attentive. The breakfast was nice for a Buffett and check-out was easy and quick.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2018

This staff at the Spa were fantastic and your concierge in...
    • Deluxe Double Room

My poached eggs were hard boiled and the pillows weren’t comfortable but I still had a great stay

This staff at the Spa were fantastic and your concierge in the Rib Room was a delight. Will definitely be back.

• Reviewed: 31 October 2018

Enjoyable and clean

Just the Carvery restaurant was a very basic proposition in relation to the rest of the hotel. Confusing, basic and underwhelming :/ Problem with a room - reported at 9am but was never sorted.

Homely, clean.

• Reviewed: 30 October 2018

Room was amazing we loved it, it was a special treat for my...

We were told when we went to the spa at 3.20pm we could have the 3-5pm slot or wait for the 5-7 slot, we knew it was not busy there probably was around a dozen people in, it says when you book you have use of the facilities between 3pm check in until 11am checkout, but at busier times you have to book your slot, this was ridiculous as the spa was not busy when we went in or when we came out. Plus the music was not soothing, staff were huddled together chatting, has gone back from when we were last there

Room was amazing we loved it, it was a special treat for my husbands birthday, we were well impressed with how spacious it was and the decor

• Reviewed: 30 October 2018

Gym
    • Classic Double Room

Queue at check in like a holiday camp ! Room tired and tatty, furniture mismatched No fridge ! Spa busy and again like a holiday camp full of drunk loud groups, fuelled by alcohol served around pool ! Restaurants fully booked due to the sheer volume of cheap spa days which seems to be the bulk of trade. Didn’t pay the £30 per person to get into the extra spa facilities which was a blessing as again full of loud groups, no room to move and nowhere to sit. Hotel is very dated. I certainly did not feel I experienced a relaxed spa environment.

Gym

• Reviewed: 29 October 2018

Overall very nice, would stay again.
    • Classic Double Room

Breakfast area looked awful, smelt like chip fat. Thai breakfast area (A La Cart) was very nice.

Very good facilities. Thai restaurant very nice, if rather pricey.

• Reviewed: 26 October 2018

A lovely hotel... but ask for rooms near the SPA!
    • Small Standard Double Room

The room we stayed in was in the older part so no air conditioning and was unpleasantly warm, very difficult to open the old sash window! It was also a noisy room with exposed water pipes running down the wall close to the bed, so running water all night! However, friends stayed in the newer part and their room was amazing!

the staff were lovely, we went for a wedding and the food was amazing!

• Reviewed: 26 October 2018

The room was comfortable and clean.
    • Classic Double Room

I needed a VAT receipt for my room service which they told me reception would provide at check out but because I paid cash when the tray arrived reception couldn't then add it to my summary bill. That would have been useful to know. I'd asked for no cheese on my burger but it came with cheese.

The room was comfortable and clean. The food was delicious. I especially enjoyed the chocolate apple mousse. I was there to deliver a training workshop and the hotel staff were friendly, helpful and punctual with the teas and coffees. The hotel baked pastries especially for the morning break which was appreciated by the delegates. The hotel is easy to find and very conveniently located for visiting Durham and the surrounding area. One of the Durham park and rides runs from close by.

• Reviewed: 25 October 2018

Blissful, relaxed and comfortable. Staff very friendly.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Lighting in the room was very low so impossible to read. No communal computer - I left my ipad and laptop behind and had no way to look up information except on my phone.

Large comfortable room, excellent lounges and restaurants and wonderful swimming pool.

• Reviewed: 23 October 2018

Never got told on arrival that we couldn’t bring out side...
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

Never got told on arrival that we couldn’t bring out side food to the room so after we ordered and collected the food we walked in to the hotel to be told we can’t bring our food in and had to sit in the car to eat it

• Reviewed: 23 October 2018

Clean,
    • Deluxe Double Room

We were not offered drinks in the spa, bar staff in fusion bar where horrific “ excuse me, are you serving”? Reply “ I don’t know”! Then he walked away ‘ Rib room, waited 55 minutes for our main meals although people seated before us were served 25 min earlier than us , we ordered sides & we are still waiting for them ! We will not be returning

Clean,

• Reviewed: 22 October 2018

Lovely mini break away with the family.
    • Superior Family Room

The friendly service, our family room was a surprise as it was a great size. The swimming pool and gym facilities were great. And the staff at the steak restaurant were very kind and accommodating with our small children.

Friendly staff and great facilities
    • Classic Double Room

Twin beds were pushed together as a double which was very uncomfortable. Reception did not ask guests to be quiet when they had been shouting for an hour around 2:30 (even thought they said they would when we rang reception). We were also put in a room on the way to the breakfast area however did not pay for breakfast. We were woken up from breakfast traffic from 7am. We did not sleep at all and could not sleep near each other due to the zip between beds. Staff didn’t not refund any money from the stay when we checked out and made them aware of our experience although offered us a free upgrade next time we stay. We will not be staying again, very disappointed. Was not the spa break we had hoped for.

Friendly staff and great facilities

• Reviewed: 22 October 2018

Not much choice on both restaurant menus but was an...
    • Classic Double Room

Not much choice on both restaurant menus but was an expensive choice of food and drinks. Spa facilities were good but not much to do after a while unless you pay extra again.

Probably more 3* than 4*
    • Deluxe Twin Room

No thermostat in the room - very very cold an uncomfortable. Left the room early in the morning because of this. Not very clean, walls hadn't been washed for a while. No fridge or mini bar, access to wifi very limited and a very noisy floor. Try and keep away from the ground floor.

Room with a door leading out to the gardens, very convenient and picturesque. Spa was lovely for a short time and bar staff are friendly.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2018

Lovely break away x
    • Deluxe Double Room

I wouldn’t say didn’t like, the room was one of the rooms that hadn’t been refurbished and was quite dated With the decor. And was quite dark.

The pool facilities were lovely very big but relaxing. Our room was spacious too. And loved our view and the bath tub.

• Reviewed: 20 October 2018

Average quality has slipped
    • Small Standard Double Room

The marks and stains on the floor, the electrical wires outside the window, the loft hatch in the wardrobe being opened and had to inform reception, paying £2 for a toothbrush, and someone’s false eyelashes found on the floor from a previous stay! Room401

• Reviewed: 19 October 2018

exceptional serviec and facilities in a good location.
    • Classic Double Room

No real complaints other than the reception was not clearly signposted outside the main walkway in so we ended up walking through the adjoining suite to reach reception. However staff happily guided us to reception.

Our stay at the hotel was exceptional the staff were very professional and the food in the steak house restaurant was delicious. The rooms were spacious and clean with all toiletries in the room. I would recommend the hotel if your in the area.

• Reviewed: 18 October 2018

Everything was great apart from my comment above.
    • Small Standard Double Room

There was no towel rail in the bathroom and no where to put the towels whilst bathing (except for the two hooks on the door on to which we hung our bathrobes. Also the shower head was very difficult to move. I had a bath instead and my husband had a cold shower.

Everything was great apart from my comment above.

• Reviewed: 15 October 2018

5.6
    The staff when we checked in were very helpful and friendly.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Main reason for the stay was to use the spa when we got into the spa we asked how you get outside or use the hydro pool and was told you have to upgrade extra £30.00 when I already paid£189. For the night if you are only booking the spa them yes there will be different packages but when your a guest of the hotel you should be able to use full factiltes.The pool was cold to the point there was a little boy in the pool and his lips were blue the sauna wasn't very hot and if you order a drink via the staff you waited up to 30 minutes for it to arrive a very poor service .I certainly won't be hurrying back especially when you pay £189.00 to stay the night to be then told you have to pay another £30.00 to simply go outside

The staff when we checked in were very helpful and friendly.The room was outstanding such a lush room

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

Leisure facilities were amazing and staff in this area were...
    • Classic Double Room

The room was situated at the beginning of the corridor from reception absolute nightmare for noise and disturbance , bed was so small don't even think it was a double I'm 5'10 and my husband 6'2 so not good😒 Breakfast is all I can say was chaos cold food and tea and coffee arrived after finished, no glasss for juice either very disappointingly

Leisure facilities were amazing and staff in this area were very professional, food on the evening was amazing especially when catering for so many people as ewe attended a charity function

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

the spa, the food at the Asian resturant, the room,...
    • Deluxe Double Room

on booking.com it was not clear the differencr between all of the rooms.

the spa, the food at the Asian resturant, the room, everything really it was all very nice.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Relaxing

Everything was great

Booked a couples spa, went for a swim. Enjoyed evening meal and breakfast. I booked this for my daughter and partner for my daughters birthday. Thank you for adding extras to the room and a birthday card.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

A little underwhelmed.
    • Classic Double Room

Room 145 should only be used as storage as it's outlook is directly onto the bin area. Couldn't have windows open because of this and had to keep curtains closed which resulted in the room being very dull. The kettle in the room didn't work properly. We had a meal in the carvery and had to return one as it was cold.

Bed was comfortable. Nice setting.

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

Excellent hotel,staff and facilities,best hotel iv stayed at
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

Excellent hotel and facilities with the extra touches of class,staff were friendly and helpful cant fault anything with our stay and we will definitley be back soon

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Thank goodness it was only 1 night.
    • Classic Double Room

Room tired , ceiling crumbling away . Shower really poor . Bedroom windows absolutely filthy . Spending this amount of money for inferior quality is not acceptable.

Good parking . Good wifi

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Put in room 145, paid a fortune for a special occasion for...
    • Classic Double Room

Put in room 145, paid a fortune for a special occasion for the room and trolleys being pushed right outside our window woke us up! There definitely shouldn’t be a room there. Leisure facilities where good but for the reason we where woken at 6am by the trolleys and weren’t informed before hand, we won’t be returning.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Not value for money! Its a nice venue but the standard of service and maintainance is poor.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The safe would not work in room 219. Waited 35mins for coffee with breakfast. Nearly all of the fruit was empty (slow to re-stock/replenish), bacon was full of fat (not just on the outside, but through out), sauna was not hot at all.

Very authentic venue.

Engagement

N/a

We couldn’t thank the staff enough. They had a box of chocolates and a card waiting in the room for us as it was our engagement present to one another. They congratulated us on arrival and throughout the evening at the Rib room.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Not happy - complained to manager who offered a solution but didn't do it ! Not worth a vsit !i
    • Deluxe Double Room

Not at all up to star rating ! Breakfast dreadful - when complained not sorted and then fed back to manager still not sorted. Better hotels in Durham and cheaper - not worth a stay.

Didn't like room but asked to be moved and new room was fine

• Reviewed: 28 September 2018

didn't feel i got what i paid for
    • Classic Double Room

stayed on a saturday night and there were 2 weddings on very noisey in room till midnight. had to pay extra for use of spa facilities, pool outside had to pre-book and pay extra for also, whilst sat at breakfast one of the staff barged into me whilst i was sat eating.

large pool

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Bit disappointing
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

Small details let it down, the room rate wasn't cheap and we'd have needed to spend 2x£30 to get full Spa access and 2x£14 to get breakfast. I'd expect both to be included. Odd rules about not allowing ice buckets to the rooms, needed wristbands and had to book a slot to use the part of the pool area we were allowed in. Just all a bit picky and detracted from the purpose of the stay - relaxation! Try Rockliffe and Seaham Halls locally, both infinitely better for not much difference in price.

Rooms recently refurbished and very comfortable.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Lovely stay
    • Deluxe Double Room

Drinks were a little pricey but what you would expect for a spa.

Spacious, clean room. Bed comfortable. Lovely view. Spa clean and loved the drink service around the pool. Staff in the spa went out of their way to help us and make us feel comfortable. The rib House was excellent!

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

Beautiful hotel with very good facilities and an excellent spa.
    • Classic Double Room

I attended a wedding in the marquee with my mother, who is wheelchair bound. Access in and out of the building from the marquee was a long way around the front of the building to use the toilet. The toilets at the marquee were not wheelchair friendly.

Tasteful decor, large rooms and friendly staff.

Excellent service and great room
    • Classic Twin Room

Very spacious bedroom and super clean. Bed comfortable, shower powerful and good size TV - everything expectation I look for in a hotel room was met

Comfortable
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

After paying nearly 200 pound for a room for the night i thought we should have had the spa in with that. To upgrade we would have to pay 60 pounds which is abit disappointing.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Great service and beautiful hotel and gardens
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

Really friendly staff at reception and in restaurant. Nothing was too much trouble. Well organised. No queuing at reception or buffet or bar. Lovely place with an old feel but very modern touches and fittings. Beautiful gardens! Would like to have stayed longer.

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

Pleasant stay
    • Classic Double Room

Well above average comfort in a standard double room - large size bed and luxury bathroom. Huge pool in Spa Centre. Wonderful choice eating places - excellent value.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Enjoyed our stay,it was a good base to explore Durham.
    • Classic Double Room

Reception was impersonal probably due to the size of the hotel. Had to open the window of our room when we got there as there seemed to be a very chemical smell. A map of the hotel would have helped when we got there as there was a lot to find.

There were lots of little seating areas to have a drink and chat. Good choice of dining. Setting was lovely. Spa looked inviting although we didn’t get to use it.

The food
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

There was a large party of guests which during the evening they were all in the bar they were loud. Annoying guests, singing at the top of their voices to guests who were not in the party. It spoilt my stay a little

The food

Our initial room overlooked bins even though we pre noted it...
    • Classic Double Room

The hotel staff were cold and uninviting however spa staff second to none

Our initial room overlooked bins even though we pre noted it was an anniversary occasion.

Exceeded my expectations for the room. Hotel very clean and bed was huge and comfortable.
    • Classic Double Room

Rib room restaurant service was a little slow, shower wasn’t very powerful.

Room was a good size for being the cheapest room on offer, massive bath and comfortable bed. Helpful staff.

21st
    • Suite

The service at breakfast we waited 1/2 hour for our coffees so we gaave up on coffee and breakfast and left as we had someone picking us up so we missed out on something that was included in the price . Also the spa we couldnt get any treatments as fully booked bit disappointed

Our room was stunning beautiful big room nice sized tv lovely balcony and the bathroom was amazing pure luxury . We ate in the thai restaurant which was absolutely beautiful plus attentive staff amazing

Wonderful location, great rooms and helpful staff - worth every penny.
    • Classic Double Room

The team went over and above expectations to provide flowers for my partner as a surprise in the room - these were such a wonderful surprise to her and were beautifully presented.

Amazing
    • Classic Double Room

The spa facilities were really nice and clean, the bed was huge and comfy, the food at the rib room was great. Loads of places to sit in the various bars.

Great hotel, lots of "room" for improvement in the old halve of the hotel.
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

The hotel seemed to be in two halves, the old part where the Pemberton restaurant was sited which was very dated, old , worn out and rather a stale smell, compared to the new area where the rooms, Spa and excellent Fusion restaunt was. The breakfasts served in the Pemberton restaurant was not as impressive as the new half of the hotel. Shame guests were allowed to walk around in their dressing gowns - making to place look shabby (outside and in the Fusion restaurant on a Saturday evening!!). We did like the excess prices of the snacks available in the room i.e. pop corn, sweets, chocolate and wine. We might have purchased these had the prices been realistic!

The bed was so comfortable and the room well appointed, very clean and modern and well designed.

We were attending a wedding and it whent off beautifully,The...
    • Classic Double Room

The price of drinks were expensive,and also breakfast was not included in the cost of the room but an expensive extra.

We were attending a wedding and it whent off beautifully,The room we stayed in was very clean and comfortable,The staff were helpful , efficient,and friendly.

Overnight stay at Ramside Hall
    • Classic Twin Room

Dinner in Carvery on Sunday night and breakfast in Clubhouse on Monday morning were warm rather than hot. Quality of food was good, just needs to be hotter. In Room 324. Noise from plumbing (shower) from room next door was very loud.

Good sized room, helpful staff.

Bed Comfy.
    • Classic Double Room

Nothing, every thing was spot on.

Bed Comfy. Pool excellent Surroundings excellent Thank you for returning the two items we left behind. Good location

I’ll be back.
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

The service in the Fusion restaurant needs addressing. Missed drinks orders and also food arriving to long after other people in the same party.

Love everything at the hotel. The Rib Room is our favourite. Also the fusion restaurant was very nice. The spa is fantastic. Room is great. Will be back for are 4th stay next year 👍

Great venue for a romantic getaway
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

We had to visit mid-week because the weekend prices were so much more expensive. I think there needs to be more weekend deals so that there are not such huge price leaps at the weekend.

As always the Ramside Hall was a joy to visit. I would highly recommend this venue for a romantic break. My husband and I spent time in the lovely pool and enjoyed a delicious (if a little bit pricey) meal in the Rib Room before relaxing in our deluxe room. The room was comfortable well-equipped and tranquil. I would highly recommend this hotel.

Ok not value for money no customer experience
    • Classic Double Room

Spa restaurant dirty food all over floor , booked a spa for 12.45 and reception book me in at 12.30 so I felt rushed , grandson could only use the pool at a certain time , wedding music kept us awake

Beautiful grounds great property

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

Mixed feelings. I wouldn’t go back I’m afraid.
    • Deluxe Double Room

There was a wedding party going on with a marquee directly opposite my room. Very loud and people drunk knocking on my door at 2am. Limited use of spa facilities which I think is disgusting seen as though the stay was not cheap.

Beautiful grounds. Stunning place. Room was gorgeous. Breakfast was amazing.

I booked a double room and upgraded to deluxe room, when I...
    • Deluxe Double Room

I booked a double room and upgraded to deluxe room, when I checked in and got my room I realised that was a wedding reception going outside my room which I was not happy about as with the vast amount of guests outside for the wedding I felt like I could not get the most out of it and even open my curtains till they had gone. For the price I paid per night for the room which was not up to standard with more light bulbs been blown than actually working I would certainly be not staying here again

Lovely rooms, hotel fab!
    • Premier Double or Twin Room

We frequently stay in your premier rooms and have been twice in the last month...however on our stay Saturday evening we found there to be a strong smell a bit like drains, not sure if it was from the air con or the bathroom. Also found that the bed was much smaller than normal, I’ve Never had a single complaint before now and it won’t put me off going back just want to make you aware

Lovely rooms, hotel fab!