Reviews of Roker Hotel 2 stars

#200 of 217 hotels in Blackpool

5.9

5.3

6.2

BED BUGS! So many bites when I woke up, and a quick check around the edge of the bed revealed the infestation. Beds/sheets uncomfortable. Staff didn't seem to care about isuues.

• Family Room

The cleanliness of the hotel was not great I have come home with over hundred bed bug bites. Their was strange smell to bedding and towels like damp The hotel needed good clean and vac The bar was never open

The owner and staff were brilliant. Breakfast was nice. Sea.view was great

it could have been cleaner in the room and towels. limited pillows and flat. not sure bedding was fresh on. if weather was bad its oyt of the way but a tram stop outside.

we got parking which was great. no fussiness owner let us get on and enjoy our stay. value for money. very reasonably priced. luckily the weather was good as as its a way out of where we wanted to go - tower so the walk did us good and it was nice due to good if weather. there is a tram stoo straight across the road.

It wasnt very clean there was hairs and dirt in the bed under the duvet and stains all over the bedside table

The bed was comfy enough and the breakfast was basic. Got what you paid for

The property was infested with bed bugs and we are suffering the consequences we are on an Antibiotic treatment for the next 2 weeks and may have to get our home specially treated at a large cost please do not stay here it was noisy, cramped and disgusting

Had a big problem on check-in where some people claimed to be my 'friends' and got the key to the room I was supposed to have. The owner managed to sort it it out, changed my room and changed the lock to the other room.

It was a little on the small side. Also the pleasure beach was about 100yds away and may put some people off.

Was on the seafront with a tram stop straight across the road. The owner was friendly and engaged in conversation

I liked the property very warm n the owner made us very well come n the room was lovely n clean the bed was comfortable n the breafast was well cooked we will be booking a gain

The cleanliness. The place stank of curry. The bed sheets were dirty and ripped. The one towel we had was covered in yellow stains. The cup had stains and the spoon hadn't been washed. The other room we could have had stank of sick so we left and went to the oban house hotel which was absolutely brilliant. I know we only paid £28 for the room but still it should be presentable. I would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy.

The light was broke, the room has no heating so it’s actually freezing especially at night time, the tv channels are very limited.

The staff is lovely, let us have a later check out date and responsed to our needs quickly. The bathroom was clean and Tidy.

comfortable beds and breakfast was really nice only thing I would improve was the shower doors needed cleaning but apart from that the room and stay was really nice and what we wanted

The shower trickled out water, and it was boiling hot and couldn't be changed. It didn't smell the cleanest either but that's being picky. Overall it was OK and was the cheapest available in a great destination.

The staff member was very friendly. The location was perfect. It was the cheapest hotel available. The beds were comfortable.

• Family Room

I liked how chilled out It was, and the owner Mo is so welcoming and even remembered us from around two years ago! You get what you pay for in blackpool, any most of the time it’s only to get your head down so this is the ideal hotel.

• Family Room

Very outdated, beds and bedding were very old. No curtains- there were blinds but didn’t really help. Other guests very noisy when getting in at 3/4/5 am

Lovely staff- friendly and helpful

Everything ! Where to start? The room was disgusting. Mould on shower. Toilet hadn’t been bleached in a century I think. So old fashioned. I don’t think the bedding gets changed. There were hairs on the bed. Stains on bedding. Mascara on pillows. The room was dusty. Cob webs everywhere. Kettle didn’t work (not that I was gonna use it) whole place stinks ! We were booked on for two nights. Hardly managed one ! We put towels on the bed to sleep on. Changed hotels the next day!

Upon arrival there was no one at reception so i pressed the call button, no one came, i pressed it numerous times and shouted hello, 23 minutes later after shouting at the top of my lungs a man came down to see to us. The shower hadn't been cleaned, there was snot wiped on the bathroom walls. My quilt was paper thin but so heavy, the poppers on the quilt cover were broken so the quilt was inerted into another cover poppers end first so they were under my chin. The quilt covers were bobbly. The pillow cases were bobbly and the smell coming from the pillows was disgusting. I think the mattresses have seen better days, they were solid and the springs poked through. The electric heater was balancing precariously on broken feet. There was 1 double socket in the room, 1 of the outlets was faulty so that left 1 socket. My daughter found half a bottle of vodka behind the wardrobe in a family room!! At breakfast the men were given extra sausage and bacon which I found sexist. I have stayed in a lot of bad places but the roker beats them all, I will never be staying there again

When the owner saw that I was using a crutch to walk he told me that the twin rooms were on the 2nd floor but he put us in a family room on the first floor at no extra cost.

The staff there were very friendly, polite and helpful. They really made sure we were happy with everything and were happy to look after our luggage for a few hours after check out which was really helpful. Thankyou!

• Family Room

Bathroom, cups, kettle, beds disgusting. Very dirty. 1 light bulb working. Opened the Bogging blinds in the morning to be greeted with the vision of a long haired Herbert asleep in the car next to ours. Didn't stay for breakfast for fear of getting some disease. Legged it out of the gaff asap to the nearest McDonald's.

Large screen tv was the only thing going for the place.

• Family Room

Bed and bed sheets, breakfast was basic and not very good, overall cleanliness was poor

Used bed sheet had stains on them, very old and dated property, will not recommend or stay here ever again

The BnB was disgusting! Shower didn't work, lights in bathroom and bedroom didn't work. Bedding was disgusting and dirty with blood stains on! Everything smelt and looked dirty! Was so glad we only had to stay 1 night.

Nothing. Just so glad it was as cheap as it was!

The pub was never open or the restaurant and it could of been a lot clearer

The location was good and it had its own car park and the staff were friendly

On arrival, waited 20/30 minutes for someone to meet us at reception to check in after ringing the bell numerous times and phoning from inside the building. On entering the tiny dated bedroom it was evident it needed a good clean (dirty bed sheets, tea facilities were even disgustingly dirty) cold water tap didn’t work in the bedroom, view out of the window was of a discusting roof top with a leaking down pipe. ‘Restaraunt’ was also filthy, glasses stuck to the table, cobwebs, dirty milk jugs, various value cereal boxes sitting open and out of date. Breakfast was basic (understandable at the price) although the guy who served it was wandering about in his flip flops, sneezing away and carried on serving. Outside the property the wall is falling down, rubbish in the carpark including a used pregnancy test! Out of season this is not to be recommended for anyone and needs to be scrubbed top to bottom. Trip advisor is going to love my review with pictures included.

Price

• Family Room

Dirty glasses, dirty cups, outdated carpets, very bright red and green painted walls, toilet with stains that need a good bleaching, towels were smelly

The breakfast was tasty

• Family Room

It was filthy. Coffee cups in room had been used and not washed. Could smell other people on the bed sheets. None of the sheets matched the pillow cases, carpet not cleaned for months, towels were horrific and glad I brought my own to use. I didn't pay a massive amount and have stayed in lots of b n b's in Blackpool in my time and paid very little for them but the cleanliness what just not up to any sort of standard. Smelt like drugs in the corridor all weekend and as a previous review said this before also I assume it's something to do with owners and not guests. I am always reluctant to give bad reviews as this is people's livelihoods but it doesn't take a lot to wash bedding,cups & vacuum there isn't an excuse

Owner was a nice bloke and let us check in early. Parking a bonus athough I was blocked in all weekend. Good proximity to pleasure beach and water park which is what we went for.

• Family Room

Flat coke served, change given in old pound coins, plaster falling off the ceiling, dirty glasses at breakfast, got charged for arriving after 6pm

Seaview

• Family Room

The room could have done with a proper clean before we arrived, on arrival I showed the owner my booking confirmation and he looked through all his paperwork and didn't have my booking, luckily they had a spare room for us.

The owner was very nice and very helpful. The breakfast was nice.

How it was dirty, the window was that dirty you couldn’t see out and when you could it’s was a back garden full of rubbish. They was no curtains just a blind. The lamp shade was falling off. The bed was very uncomfortable with spring pinging all night so didn’t sleep. We didn’t check in till 12:20. They was used tissues in the wardrobe. Would NEVER stay again 😡😢

16Th Feb - 18th Feb 2018 Very low basic B&B. MY EXPERIENCE: Fire alarm keeps going off when staff were cooking. Bed bugs on walls, under the mattress and on my pillow. Blood and wee stains on the mattress. Hard beds. Bathroom taps not working. I asked to change rooms I showed the manager the photos of the faults with the room and we went out for a few hours, when we returned to the B&B the staff had entered our room (whilst we were out) removed our belongings to another room (without our permission or knowledge) and we only found this out by another couple renting our room. Found our belongings in another room. I was going to sleep in my car. Before changing rooms, we had to go to my parents room to fill the kettle because our cold tap wasn't working. We found bugs, blood and wee stains on the mattress. When leaving the B&B the manager told me to delete the photos off my phone. This B&B gives Blackpool a bad name.

Leaving the B&B.

The breakfast was cold and unappetizing, this was after requesting clean cups and plates as they were dirty. The latch was broken on window so you couldn't close the window in room, very drafty. The handle fell off bathroom door as it was held on with only 2 very loose screws. No hot water from shower. Broken floorboards in bedrooms. Very tired and outdated. Only the owner who was pleasant enough but he was trying to do everything himself and was obviously not able to keep on top of things. The bar was closed for our entire stay.

The bed was clean and comfortable. Great Location.

Do not book this hotel if you are intending to arrive after 6 o’clock we travelled all the way from Manchester we got stuck in United match traffic we arrived around 7.30 to be told we wasn’t able to stay as check in closed at 6 which we was not told this. Door was slammed shut and told to ring booking.com we had paid for the property up front and had a family party the man could clearly see we had hair makeup done customer service shocking!! I was not informed check in closed at 6 I’ve never known a Hotel to do this. Do not book this hotel !!

The room and bedding

The room was awful was not summit to stay in it smelt in there cold dirty bedding dirty towels roof was falling apart not summit you will expect in a hotel had to get another hotel the was a double bed with to mattress on one another

Nothing everything was perfect

The owner was very welcome but they is only one problem they was hardly no heating apart from that everything was brilliant

Very Very Cold Weather and extremelly windy best go in summer next time

The landlord was brilliant we had a lovelly breakfast every morning and right opposite the tram and bus stops will be using the Roker Hotel again If your there for longer than a weekend buy the 7 day pass for tram and bus £44 for the 4 of us for unlimited travel

Dirty old bedding, misterious brown sticky stain on side table, remote control broken. Asked him to change the sheets and have a clean up and the new bedding was worse.

On arrival, our room door was kept open with one of our two bath towels on the floor! The towels were extremely smelly, worn and somewhat dirty. They were not the clean white towels shown in the pictures, some with shampoos etc, instead, they are old, coloured ones of various styles. On day 2, reception was unmanned for hours, but eventually, we were given fresh towels and these were fine. A dirty bath towel was left in the wardrobe. The bathroom tiling had mould and was dirty. No shampoo is provided. Breakfast was at 9AM, not 8.30-9.30 etc, IT WAS 9AM!!!!! The bedding while quite recent, had stains. The room had venecian blinds and no curtains. One wall and part of the blind had food splashes- gravy & ketchup. The fire door on the landing was wedged open with a door stop. One guest complained of bites from bed bugs. The room did not have a bath, fax, iron, hairdrier etc as advertised; only a mildew covered shower cubicle. Booking.com and the fire prevention service need to do spot checks here.

Good breakfast, free parking outside- although when busy, you are asked to leave your car keys with reception so they can move cars around. Wifi excellent. Room was pleasant, although in need of painting, with a very comfortable bed.

PaY's yer money, takes yer chance, roker was value for money, quiet, staff was friendly ,wasn't expecting 5 star, will stay again

Value for money Will likely stay again

The room was tiny and filthy. The bedding was dirty. Myself and my husband got bitten by bed bugs, which have become infected, heating in room didn't work properly, neither did shower. Light in room didn't work. I pulled the bed out because I lose remote control for TVs. There were loads of used tissues down side. Walls were so thin that family in next room had a young child which screamed all the time, which meant we have come back more tired than when we went. Breakfast was £5.80 each. That wasn't very good either

Very close to Blackpool Pleasure beach and tram and bus links

Bar and restaurant not open in winter. Car park is a bit cramped.

Run by a cheerful chap who didn't seem fazed when someone broke the front door in the middle of the night. Offered to make us a meal when we smelled his own dinner cooking while the restaurant was closed (off season it doesn't open).

No room to move as had extra single bed in the room..tv was hanging off the wall..landlord was never seen when we returned to play pool or go to the bar so no lights to play pool or darts or meet any other guests so we had to stay in our room all night.

Parking

Unfortunately, this hotel is a little run down, not unusual in Blackpool but, unlikely others I've stayed at it was also not very clean; the floor had not been hoovered and being quite dark meant you didn't trust much.

This hotel was right on the seafront, close to everything and easy to get to/from

Room had not been cleaned before arrival. Rubbish left in room. No towels. Bathroom had not been cleaned. Bed very uncomfortable. Neighbouring room smoking cannabis so corridor stank.

Cheap room and friendly host

The hotel was freezing, it didn't look like it had ever been cleaned, the shower was only cold water, the waste system for the sink, toilet and shower "glugged" every time one of them was used and the stink was unbelievable. Decor, I've never seen anything like it.

so dated we thought we had been time warped back to the seventies, missmashed bedding dust and space, one side of the bed up against the wall aaargh nightmare,

free parking , location for our visit to blackpool pleasure beach

No hot water or privacy

NO HOT WATER. ....FREEZING COLD....OTHER CUSTOMERS KNOCKING ON DOOR ASKING FOR STUFF....NO BREAKFAST WHEN PAID FOR DUE TO NO ONE TELLING US ANY TIME & COULDN'T FIND ANYONE TO ASK....DIDN'T SMELL TOO GOOD EITHER! !!

Breakfast as diluting orange juice was used instead of fresh orange and cups and cutlery were dirty food tastied minty and did not enjoy it

The room was tiny and dirty and the bed sheets were all bobbled as if they had been washed a million times think they need to invest in new bed sheets and beds. The bed was lumpy and springs kept going in it. Slept on our own towels we had brought with us as didn’t want to sleep on the bed sheets. Needs updating as very old fashioned or even just a big deep clean and painted neautrap colours

That we paid cash on the day and when returning home the payment had also been taken out of bank account. Then to top it off the owner told booking.com that we didn't turn up!! Very dodgy!!

you could tell the carpets had not been hoovered for a while my friend in another room found a lot of dirty socks under his pillow the bedding looked dirty but could just need replacing because they are old

The location was brilliant few minutes away from the pleasure beach and on the sea front. The breakfast was lovely and lots of cereals to choose from.

Parking is an issue, if you arrive earlier than other guests you will be blocked in with up to 3 cars beside and 2 behind you. The building is old and the linen is too but it was clean even if none of it matched.

The staff were extremely helpful and the breakfast was delicious! Plenty of hot water and warm radiators.

• Family Room

when we told the owner of our problem he said it cant be as that room is slept in every night well the springs just do not come that far up in a mattress over night

we were realy so surprised at the size of the room that was supposed to be a family room it was realy small, also the bed was unsleepable due to the springs sticking up hard in mattress even the double bed was the same

• Family Room

bedrooms damp bedding did not look clean no hot water for shower breakfast was supposed to be at 9 but had not even been started no coffee tea or toast ready either overall not very impressed

Location and Transport tram stop right outside and trams very regular

They messed up our booking and blamed Booking.com. we had booked a 4 bed family room gave us a 3 bed and stated we had to pay 30 pound extra for the 4 bed room. The bathroom light wouldnt work he came upstairs pulled out the light from the ceiling fiddled with wires and left it dangling near the showrr head. Light went off the next day and we had to put the lamp in so we could see. Single bed in my daughters room kept falling thru cos the states wernt screwed down. Owner and said dont move around in the bed!!!! What a joke. Owner seemed indifferent to our complaints. He offered us our money back if we wanted to check out, but seriously where could a party of 7 get accommodation on halloween weekend so took that comment with a pince of salt. 4 year old kept falling out of bed cause the mattress did not fit on the base cause the base was too small. Ee had 3 rooms in all and every one had problems. Breakfast at 9.00 am. Unsuitable for small children as awake at 7 in morning. Thumbs down to this hotel.

Checking out, even that was a joke cause he let a car owner leave a car blocking us in. Absolute joke.

• Family Room

Musty smell for the carpet which looked old and dirty, three beds in the room the linen and bedding was Spartan old completely washed out and all different colours and patterns. The one pillow per bed was completely flat and I mean flat!! Just didn't look or smell clean at all. The toilet was stained needed bleaching and the grouting in the shower had mould

Friendly owner

• Family Room

could do with a good scrub as not very clean and if staying more then one night could have cleaners to come clean room empty rubbish and so and so

great location cheap prices friendly staff

In the room there is damp on the outer wall, un vaccuumed floor. I read previous views of the bedding been poor so i took sleeping bags as a precaution, so glad i did,there was toe nail clippings at the bottom of the bed under the covers. The covers had not been changed since the last occupants. Could do with 'cheering up' very dated decor through out. Could do with lighting up the outside to make it more inviting.

Good Location ,a sea view, a cosy little room with a kettle for tea or coffee, a t.v , own toilet and basin with a shower. Towels and toilet roll provided in the room. A basic cooked breakfast served with tea or coffee and an assortments of cereal for breakfast, ok for parking, The manager was helpfull and pleasent and all though we arrived early he offered to let us sit in the t.v area.

• Family Room

Everything it needs a real bad clean and upgrade as walls were damp and in general poor condition rooms don’t get cleaned or bed sheets changed after previous customer as found bits in bed it is a lone man on his own running this

Nothing it is a damp dingy hotel that I wouldn’t put my worst enemy in there windows were drafty my daughter was freezing

• Family Room

I realise this is a budget b and b but the room we were given was disgusting!!! Wasnt clean at all.. bathroom had mould all over the place.. the shower head was filthy, The beds were dirty the bedding wasnt clean not even matching bedsets. The conplimentry tea and coffee was covered in ised coffee and tea stains.. the cups were unwashed. The single bed was broken.. had slats missing so my neice fell thro onto the floor.. would never ever reccomened anyone to stay here.

My mum my daughter and me had to sleep on top of horrible beds as they stink of urine. The rooms were filthy. Paid £130 the owner was rude and wouldn't talk to us

Overall was good toilet could have been bigger when two of us in there couldn't move

For the price of property was good friendly and polite we didn't have a breakfast as we choose not to but we injoyed our stay there

Walls and floors were thin so could hear the other guests quite clearly. Easy to disturb other people.

Lovely full English breakfast. Bed was so comfortable. Shower was lovely. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Location is great for tourists. Room was clean, a decent size, and equipped for our needs.

The room could have done with a little dusting. Ceiling in bathroom needs some attention.

Parking, staff friendly, private bathroom, VERY comfy bed. value for money. WILL be going back.

The room was a bit cold and when getting a shower the shower head didn't work properly.

Close too the pleasure beach and easy to find. The man on the reception was friendly.

• Family Room

front wall seemed to be in disrepair. only one towel provided. blinds did not seem to work. felt that the bed was grubby. breakfast was ok.

view from the window/ car parking

The hotel was deadfull it wasn’t cleaned bed sheets were smelly towels were stained with what looked like excrement floor hadn’t been vacuumed there was broken apparatuses in room and in toilet/shower room the room itself was smelly we were there Monday to Friday and didn’t once get the room serviced our bin was over flowing the toilet/shower room stank of urine it was a terrible experience I don’t ever want to encounter again ps and my 11 year olds bed sheets had stains on them disgusting.

That we could not get in ! Booked here but no answer via door or phone so booked else where . We arrived 1220 everywhere was locked up so rang 3 times within 2 hours still no answer as we had travelled for 3 hours we had to book else where as was not willing to risk this place , over the three days we were in Blackpool we went past and there were no lights or signs of life here at all would advise anyone against booking

It was very windy during my stay and the wind would whistle through the windows all night due to them not closing properly which also resulted in the room being very cold although an electric heater is available from the reception.

Location, next door to the pleasure beach and across the road from a tram stop and bus stop. Parking, lots of off the main road parking at the front of the hotel. Comfort, the beds are a good size and very comfortable. Views of the beach and illuminations from the bedroom windows. This hotel has received a lot of very unfair reviews in the past but I think most reviewer's expect too much for their money, this is a very budget hotel but has a lot more facilities than some higher priced hotels in the area, this hotel certainly deserves a visit just don't expect it to be like the Hilton.

The room was disgusting. Blood on the sheets, stains everywhere, dust and rubbish on the floors. Lights didn't work and towels and bedding smelt like BO. We actually slept in on clothes and socks so we didn't have to touch the bedding or floor with bare skin. Breakfast was stone cold and cups were mucky.

Absolutely nothing.

• Family Room

The beds were very uncomfortable, the pilliows smelled and the rooms were not that clean, the room refreshments were not topped up and the milk had gone off

Manager was very professional and helpful

• Family Room

Very dirty room, clothes from previous guests found under bed and in the draws. Also no sugar in the room to have a hot drink.

Location and free parking at hotel

Everything it was a filthy place

Very dirty place bed linnen was filthy had to go and buy new linen it was that bad.i wouldnt let a dog sleep in the place disgusting

Everything. The room was in need of upgrading, the bathroom ceiling was broken with holes in. The units needed to go to the tip The walls had been touched up with different colour paint The hotel reaked of curry and grease The carpets were dirty There was a bar that didn't open This is one of the worst hotels that I have booked through yourselves and needs to be removed from your database

Absolutely nothing about this hovel

The bed was very uncomfortable and the sheets had seen better days but other than that the room was clean and well lit.. Very nice in fact..

The hotel and bedroom was clean and well looked after.. Parking was easy and assessable.. The owner was very friendly and helpful... At no times was a bad odour as described by other reviews of this hotel.. Was very nice and tidy...

Blackpool was great but the hotel roker was very bad

We love the beach and the place was lovely but the roker hotel was really bad and food was bad bedroom was very run down and durty

• Family Room

The rest of it room was dirty Bedding dirty stains on towel Window would not shut heavy rain outside could hear it all night Had to lift the door to close it hinges loose

The breakfast

The beds/bedding was very uncomfortable. The pillows smelt dirty, bedding had burn holes. Refreshments in the room not topped up and the milk was off

• Family Room

The breakfast was poor & the TV in the room only had one channel. Décor & rooms need a good deep clean, When we book it looked to have a bar downstairs but this was not open.

The gent who run the place was very helpful & let park until midday on the day we left Blackpool