Reviews of Roslin Beach Hotel 4 stars

10-12 Thorpe Esplanade, Southend-on-Sea, SS13BG, United Kingdom

#2 of 11 hotels in Southend-on-Sea

Loved our stay
    • Kingsize/Twin Room

Superb all round. Staff are so polite and can't do enough for you. Spotlessly clean. Amazing food. Amazing setting. Comfortable room and bed. Will stay again and again.

Will definitely go again!
    • Kingsize/Twin Room with Sea View

AMAZING! Me and my partner spent our anniversary in the hotel, we can't be more happy, they gave us more than expected. The bed was decorated with some roses when we came in, the room was just perfect. The breakfast and the dinning room with sea views... speechless ❤ The location was good too! Not to far but not to near from the pier and the crowd. I will definitely go again!!!

Can't wait to go back!
    • Kingsize/Twin Room with Sea View

Cocktails and drinks are pricey.

Bedroom was beautiful and a big comfy bed. Staff were brilliant. Friendly approachable and always had a smile. Location was superb. Went for my husbands birthday and they did everything to make sure he had a great time. Even down to the candle in his dessert and the rendition of happy birthday. Just amazing.

I enjoyed my stay there and would go again, but ask for a better room
    • Kingsize/Twin Room

The room was quite cramped and next to the noisy kitchen extractor TV didn't work - no channels. I could have rung Reception but it was late, and just wanted to go to bed. Good radio to listen to instead. No information in room about bar, breakfast and restaurant times, how to connect wifi, or TV menu etc. Not enough power points to connect chargers etc. The worst thing was the car park which was full until very late in the evening; meant to move car from the side road with restrictions before 9am in the morning, but forgot. I GOT A TICKET worse luck. Some advice and help around this issue given on arrival might have made a difference, valet parking would have been even better.

Excellent position overlooking the beach Comfortable and really well equipped bedroom - and with a glimpse of the sea Nice bathroom Good public areas Very pleasant atmosphere

Very pleasant. Would return. Staff very helpful.
    • Executive Kingsize/Twin Room with Sea View and Balcony

The Terrace for eating. The nonsmoking tables got the smoke from the other tables where smoking was allowed. Very unpleasant and it spoilt a good eating area. Thought the Health and Safety rules prohibited smoking near to diners. The smoke also permeated where afternoon teas were held through the open windows. Think a hotel of this calebra should make different arrangements for smokers. My daughter had a uncooked lamb dish which she returned to the waiter and chef. The chef sent a stupid remark saying it was only one of the kebabs. One or not quite dangerous.

Our room. I travelled with my Daughter as I am slightly disabled. We liked eating in the lounge. Our room was excellent with a terrace. Afternoon tea. This was anostalgic return to near where I was born and lived for my early life. Thorpe Bay is lovely and the beaches are great.

we stayed because we wanted a luxury break and to be pampered. The Roslin is the perfect place

not applicable

there is nothing to fault this hotel; from the decor, location, service and the rooms. I would always recommend the Roslin, there is nowhere else like it in this corner of Essex

Absolutely Fabulous - Customer Service at its best.

Can't fault it.

Fabulous experience, the staff are so helpful, delicious food - we had the Sunday Roast. Comfy, clean and elegant room. I took my Mum for a short break and she loved it, thanks to the hotel for making her feel so special.

It is not the worst hotel in the world but I have definitely stayed in better.
    • Kingsize/Twin Room

Some staff were not very attentive and seemed disinterested, although in fairness the duty manager was very good. Bar staff could not cope with the amount of people in our wedding party so the service was painfully slow.

The location is very good and the room was adequate for our needs. The breakfast menu was good with a large choice to suit everyones needs.

Lovely hotel in a superb position overlooking the sea.
    • Kingsize/Twin Room

Lovely hotel in a superb position overlooking the sea. You can sometimes have difficulty getting in the car park. Staff are excellent as was the room. Breakfast was buffet style with an excellent choice.

The food was amazing recommend the crossiants melted in...
    • Kingsize/Twin Room with Sea View

The food was amazing recommend the crossiants melted in your mouth , the hotel was beautiful was spoilt with the staff nothing was too much for them , beautiful room and view ! 😊😎

Rooms
    • Executive Kingsize/Twin Room with Sea View and Balcony

The first room we had been given the air-con did not work, we then got ready for the evening and took a shower but only one person could shower as we got a call that the shower leaked to the downstairs seating area. We then got moved to another and it was a complete downgrade bathroom was not nice compared to the other room, the bed was very uncomfortable as it was 2 singe mattress pushed together. Totally not with the money for the room I had paid for utter let down. I would add a photo of the room but it would looking at a BMB.

The view

Would love to stay again
    • Kingsize/Twin Room

Staff were lovely but several things were forgotten at times but all was rectified cheerfully

Rooms had everything you could need Pet was welcome Dinner was first class

Gorgeous hotel with comfortable accommodation and amazing customer service.
    • Executive Kingsize/Twin Room

The Roslin Beach Hotel is stunning; a gorgeous place to stay. The service was outstanding throughout our stay and the bed was so comfortable. The best two nights sleep I've had in a long time. I would absolutely have no hesitation recommending the Roslin Beach Hotel and will be staying again next time I'm in the area. The breakfast was stunning too, a great selection and all very tasty.

Fantastic place wish we had stayed longer.
    • Kingsize/Twin Room

When we checked in we were told we had been upgraded to a sea view , balcony room ! We had room 303 in the beach house. Couldn’t fault it. The breakfast is fantastic as was the waitress, full English , eggs any way you want , pancakes , waffles, fresh fruit , breakfast pastries , you name it it was there.

A relaxing post-wedding mini-moon retreat
    • Executive Kingsize/Twin Room with Sea View and Balcony

We ended up with a ground floor suite which was a tad smaller and than the room I thought we had booked. We asked to move upstairs and the following day we were given the suite from the pictures which was more modern and spacious.

The breakfast was amazing. There was so much choice I wish we were staying longer so that we could try everything. I had a lovely back massage and facial in the treatment rooms which really helped me unwind.

Great stay with great food and a lovely view
    • Small Double Room

The restaurant staff were a little slow

The rooms were beautifully decorated and there were lots of little extra touches that made it a really luxurious stay

Great stay but for breakfast.
    • Kingsize/Twin Room

At this level I expected a freshly cooked breakfast; it was OK but items had sat in a warmer for some time including eggs. Weatherspoon's can do it.

Bed and shower and view.

View from room once they were able to upgrade my room.
    • Kingsize/Twin Room

Most of the staff were great. The reception staff could be a little more friendly and helpful. Room was not cleaned one day and ran out of toilet paper of all things. Called reception and they were to have someone bring some to the room. No one showed up. Needed assistance with shuttle info to airport. Information in their Guest Infirmation book was incorrect. No one called me back on this.

View from room once they were able to upgrade my room. First room facing back with view of fire escape and A/C units. Food was excellent!!!!

I had an amazing stay.
    • Executive Kingsize/Twin Room with Sea View and Balcony

At first I was put in an awful room which I was told to be a sea view executive. The staff moved me to a nice room ehh was upgraded. I wouldn’t have paid the price for the first room. Although the one they put me in after I requested to be changed was lovely.

I had an amazing stay. The room was beautiful staff were great and it was just lovely.

It was our wedding overnight stay, our room was decorated...
    • Executive Kingsize/Twin Room with Sea View and Balcony

There was no room for us to park and because of the marathon that day, which we did not know what happening, we had to park 10 minutes away.

It was our wedding overnight stay, our room was decorated with petals and a bouquet of flowers were in the room. A lovely unexpected touch!

nice stay in Southend
    • Kingsize/Twin Room with Sea View

Although we got a confirmation for 2 single beds from booking.com we - once again - were offered a double bed. This is not acceptable and let us wonder if this has someting to do with the communication between booking.com and the Hotels? Because receptionist told us she does not see anything at all. Whatever... they sorted it out very well and we got a nice room with 2 single beds, thank you!

nice Location and stuff, parking space, big room

The hotel it self was beautiful. I do not say that lightly, the bar and restaurant was elegant
    • Kingsize/Twin Room

The room I felt for the price smelt damp It veiw was the car park But also work was being done and the noise was so loud I went to rest but this was very difficult to do so in the room

Food was amazing everyone was so polite

A professionally run hotel, good location, lovely public rooms, service and ambiannce.
    • Kingsize/Twin Room with Sea View

I booked an executive room with sea view, no balcony. A good sized room with full bathroom. But I could hardly see the sea from bed or sitting down, only standing up at window gave me the sea view really! There was room for one person to stand at the window. Fri/sat night stay with breakfast cost £ 398.00 for single occupancy. There was parking which I good. Pleased I stayed. BUT Disappointed at the room view for the cost. Next time I either pay more and get a balcony, pay less with no sea view, or stay else where and visit here for restaurant, afternoon tea etc. Perhaps my expectations of a sea view was too high …..so make sure you know what you are getting for the price.

The best appointed hotel on the sea front in Southend. Good public areas, friendly staff, who know what thy are doing. My local friends recommended it. Angie in the lovely restaurant at breakfast was friendly, helpful to all and deserves a special mention. Breakfast was good with a good choice. Clearly very popular place for good food, ambiance, afternoon teas etc. So in high demand from locals and visitors.

Great place!
    • Kingsize/Twin Room with Sea View

Is not that I didn’t like, but if I have to say something it will be the distance to the amusement places. But it didn’t really matter, beach was amazing!

Best food ever at their restaurant!!

Great hotel and excellent staff
    • Kingsize/Twin Room with Sea View

room 203 was a bit different from the others i stayed in. There was only shower no bath. There was no shelf in the bathroom to keep our toiletres on.The fridge was very small in the waredrobe and not cooling much. But great sea view.

I love this hotel and it was our 4th stay there. The staff is always excellent and helpfull when you need something. Nice and clean and excellent location.

Enjoyed short break by the sea with beautiful view from dinning room whilst eating breakfast

Not sufficient lounge space when hotel busy. Booked room with walk in slower for older relative travelling with us but this room on second floor with no lifts and part of stairs no handrail. Also a deep step and heavy fire door to negotiate just outside this room (room 206) so either myself or my husband had to escort relative to and from room.

Quality of food very good. We ate all meals at hotel whilst we were in Southend - although booked bed and breakfast also ate lunch in bar each day and dinner in restaurant and happy with all food. Staff excellent and service very good.

Everything was amazing!
    • Kingsize/Twin Room with Sea View

The bath didn’t have a shower head and no bath Mat I can’t fault anything I struggles to think of the tiniest things

Everything was amazing! The bed was so comfortable, when we walked in we was given a upgraded room for the same price, the breakfast was just superb and the staff couldn’t be more helpful, after check out we was aloud to leave our car at the hotel so we could wonder for a few hours, the whole atmosphere and the decor was just the best would definitely come back.

spoiled by a shoddy, greasy breakfast which was for some of us inedible..
    • Kingsize/Twin Room with Sea View

we stayed the night as we had arranged a Wedding Breakfast meeting with family and friends..a large table was reserved for our party..some of us were already seated but we were told that we were given the wrong table...fair enough we thought..when it came to getting the meal we found that there was no eggs,no bacon and no sausages..we were told that they had not anticipated the breakfast rush..eventually eggs were brought ( by now the queue had doubled in size) everything on the plate was very greasy and I felt that it was not to my liking..took it to the table (still minus bacon and sausages) we were told that they would be brought to the table.. having tasted what breakfast that I had it tasted horrible and I too greasy even for me...I and a few others just left it on our plates...it was after we had finished that they decided to bring the bacon to us..we all declined it because it was too late...the waitress had forgotten that we had been put in another part of the restaurant...It was a shame because it spoiled what was otherwise a good weekend.

went there for my Wifes Daughter who got married there..Wedding procedure and meal were great..staff friendly enough.

Amazing hotel, would stay again!
    • Kingsize/Twin Room

I would have liked to have a patio to tan and less expensive dinner options.

Such an amazing and special interior. Amazing breakfast buffet, croissants to die for! The bed was extremely comfy with luxurious duvet sheets. The shower featured an overhead rain shower head which I loved. Staff were extremely helpful and accommodating, can’t wait to come back.

Beautifully decorated, clean and fresh.
    • Kingsize/Twin Room with Sea View

Beautifully decorated, clean and fresh. Staff very helpful and friendly. Food of excellent quality and plenty of it. Cannot fault this hotel.

It's only a small thing but every cup/pot of tea I...
    • Small Double Room

It's only a small thing but every cup/pot of tea I had over the couple of days had scale floating on the top. I would imagine it's because the water is hard but I suggest some descaling or replacing the kettles. Other than that, the hotel is lovely.

It was great to visit our friends in Shoeburyness after a number of years.
    • Kingsize/Twin Room with Sea View

Parking but you have limited space because of your popularity.

Coming.down to a delightful breakfast in the morning.Parking was great, if you could find a.space.We caught a bus up to Southend.

Throughly enjoyed our special stay
    • Executive Kingsize/Twin Room with Sea View and Balcony

The bed was not the most comfortable, you could see it had a mattress topper to try and make it more comfortable but every time you moved it would squeak and move . We feel the bed was the only thing that we were not overly happy with

Loved the hotel beautiful inside, afternoon tea yummy and room beautiful

The room and view was lovely
    • Kingsize/Twin Room with Sea View

The bar staff member running after us and shouting in reception that we hadn’t paid our bar bill 4 coffees We had , signed for it to be added to our bill ! Very unprofessional

The room and view was lovely

Very good overall, thank you.
    • Small Double Room

We struggled to get a table to eat because it was very busy. Staff were stressed and came across as slightly irritated. We were clearly an inconvenience. True they found a table quickly and gave us good service, but worth reminding them a smile or two costs nothing. Also, some of our party would have liked bar food but because we had been seated in the restaurant this was off limits to us. I`d have thought as there was no space in the bar certain allowances might have been made in this respect, but no. Still we had an enjoyable stay overall and the night-time staff were very helpful in the small hours bringing us sandwiches after our night out at the Pavillion.

The hotel with its wonderful floral decor is pleasing to the eye.

As always, very attentive staff and although we were held up...
    • Kingsize/Twin Room

As always, very attentive staff and although we were held up in traffic and arrived late we managed to get into the restaurant for a fabulous evening meal. The room was fantastic and the attention to detail is superb down to the toiletries and bath robes etc. To be honest we prefer to stay here every time we visit friends, which is often and i cannot fault the hotel or it's staff.

I would stay at this hotel on every occasion that I visit Southend
    • Kingsize/Twin Room with Sea View

We got an upgrade to a suite which was both unexpected but absolutely fabulous! The room we spacious and airy. The bed was extremely comfortable! We didn’t want to leave!!

Fabulous
    • Kingsize/Twin Room with Sea View

The bed and balcony was fab Staff where brilliant food great I will be returning again soon ,also my son has booked his wedding next August 2019 Can't wait to show all the family what a lovely venue that they have picked

No hot water in our room on the day of departure
    • Executive Kingsize/Twin Room with Sea View and Balcony

Unfortunately we had no hot water in our room on the morning of our departure & had to constantly chase up using another room. There was no apology for this pretty major problem from the staff & it ruined what otherwise was a pleasant stay.

Well presented hotel

Short but very sweet.

Can’t fault it

We stayed for one night, myself and my two children aged 2 & 7. Such a beautiful hotel, we were looked after v well. Will definitely be back.

Great location, offering a lovely restaurant, bar and spa
    • Kingsize/Twin Room with Sea View

Room was gorgeous but let down by dirty marks (blood maybe?) on the sheets. Missing light bulbs in both bedside lamps and a very loose (almost falling off) electrical socket. When we told reception staff about these issues their reaction was luke warm and not what I would have expected from a hotel of this standard

Great location, offering a lovely restaurant, bar and spa

Our room was with balcony.
    • Executive Kingsize/Twin Room with Sea View and Balcony

Our room was with balcony.The view was amazing!!! Also balcony was separate from others so it gives for us a bit privacy:) room very good bed was amazing!! Everything very clean.We will come back again!!

Expensive. Very busy and poor service. Not enough staff on
    • Kingsize/Twin Room

Thought room very expensive for what it was.

We were meeting family for a 70th birthday meal. Service very poor. Waited over an hour for main course and when it arrived 2 of the 6 meals were incorrect.

We will return!
    • Kingsize/Twin Room

Would have preferred a better view (we had the car park!) and not to have been close to the noisy housekeeping store room. Terrace service very slow. A lift would be really helpful as I was on 2 crutches.

Easy and free parking. Very welcoming reception staff. Comfortable rooms and bathroom. Lovely terrace for drinks and lunch. Excellent food and service in the restaurant. Great breakfast. Lovely ambience. My daughter had a lovely room and enjoyed her massage.

Had a wonderful stay.
    • Executive Kingsize/Twin Room with Sea View and Balcony

I had booked a balcony room but it was ground floor, so technically a patio and though we could see the sea it wasn’t quite as refreshing and lovely as I had hoped.

Had a wonderful stay. Staff very nice, food very good and bed very comfy!

A lovely location and superb hotel.
    • Kingsize/Twin Room

The car park was very busy, we had to circle a few times but we were lucky to get the last space so all worked out fine in the end.

The restaurant was absolutely incredible. Best meal we have had for a while. The room was extremely comfortable and the staff all lovely.

Great stay, good value for money, great location, nice food, friendly staff. Would stay again :)
    • Kingsize/Twin Room

Car parking situation. We got there for check in time and there was no spaces left in the car park. We had to park a while away from the hotel. Hotel should reserve some spaces for hotel residents.

The restaurant decor was very cosy and warming!

wish we could have stayed an extra night
    • Executive Kingsize/Twin Room with Sea View and Balcony

There wasn't anything we didn't like

staff very polite & professional & diligent Room was lovely clean & fresh Bathroom very clean

Very enjoyable as always.
    • Executive Kingsize/Twin Room with Sea View and Balcony

The only thing was the mobile phone connection. Sometimes there was no reception but that's not really the fault of the hotel.

I had a suite with a sea view and it was brilliant. I always stay at the Roslin. Good location and the staff can't do enough for you. I would recommend it to anyone.

Would not recommend for a special event.

Reception staff not doing what they say they will do. No real flowers, champagne or chocolates in honeymoon suite. Several members of staff where very unfriendly. Works being done inside & outside of hotel and not being informed when booking made.

Restaurant food

Very good as usual.
    • Executive Kingsize/Twin Room

Long wait for meal in Restaurant, this is not the first time. Breakfast room service warm rather than hot. Car parking more of a problem now with street restrictions.

Lovely room and view. Tea and coffee facilities in room excellent. Reception sorted bookings out perfectly.

Restaurant staff very attentive.
    • Executive Kingsize/Twin Room with Sea View and Balcony

The gym was shut which I was not told about, there was working going on out the front of the building with noisy diggers at 9am! Carpets in room need cleaning.

Restaurant staff very attentive. Large room with balcony. Amazing bathroom, with the best shower ever!!!!

Lovely setting for a wedding.

On arrival the car park was already full & the availability of spaces was reduced due to builders vehicles. I have a small hatchback & was able to find on street parking a short walk away. If you own a large car / 4x4 you will find the spaces very tight.

Lovely beach / estuary view. Friendly, helpful staff. I stayed at the hotel for one night filling a friend's wedding.

Great location but room did not live up to expectations.
    • Kingsize/Twin Room with Sea View

Having paid a supplement for a King size room with sea view we were located in a room on the side of the hotel, looking straight across at a house. Sea view was from the right-hand side of the window only and there vegetation obscured my view, if not my husbands. Outside was a small patio but access was virtually impossible. One would have had to move a circular table and two chairs, and negotiate several blinds, before opening the door. The room was VERY compact and so there was nowhere to move the furniture to! Wardrobe also very cramped as contained fridge, safe and ironing board so clothes couldn't hang properly. Fine for an overnight but impractical for any longer. Breakfast was disappointing as all of the self-service cooked food was lukewarm (we arrived at 8.00 am)

Nice location, within walking distance of Southend if desired. Free onsite parking. Nice restaurant overlooking the sea, lunch was very good.

Disappointing for me
    • Small Double Room

The room was nothing like in the pictures, old dirty dated carpet, pipes running by the floor, dated furniture, view of the carpark. Drilling behind my wall was happening all afternoon, I asked to swap the room, they said they were full. They responded to my complaint, offered a free glass of wine which I wasn’t bothered about, but they couldn’t provide another room.

The location is good, right by the beach. Shower and breakfast were really good.

A lovely and enjoyable overnight stay.
    • Kingsize/Twin Room

Room was much smaller than advertised. Room was in the annex, away from the main building overlooking the sea. Not ideal for children. The hotel is located far from seafront/activities.

Beautiful hotel and setting. Warm and friendly staff, Lovely rooms. Hotel is ideal for adults

Good comfortable stay

Our room was on the ground floor - facing car park - this made it quite noisy . We could also hear the people upstairs walking about and in the corridor which was not carpeted . The TV had a very poor quality picture. The bathroom needs a rethink, no towel holder for hand towel by sink, the shower door bangs onto sink and makes it impossible to put taps on in bath or adjust them from outside the bath. The main light switch in the bathroom is tucked round the corner so not obviously there!

The staff were excellent, warm and welcoming and service in all areas good from them. Nice decor in main areas of hotel and looks very up market. Coffee making facilities in room excellent.

First I used a chair beside the bath, but then gave up bathing, so disappointing overall.
    • Kingsize/Twin Room

First, there was the 24 hour hum of the restaurant air conditioning unit outside the window. Then there was the noise of the building work from 7.30am to 6pm. But worst of all - the bath! The bath was high. There were no hand grips. Having a shower on a curved bath floor is dangerous, especially when there is no non-slip mat inside the bath; and secondly the shower glass is easily moved. Together, an accident waiting to happen. If you are oldish - BEWARE. The management have been made aware. Just not up to scratch in today's world.

Hotel was clean and friendly. Parking was fine. It is quite a way from the centre but there is a bus service outside the hotel.

Lovely hotel! We would definitely stay there again and recommend it.
    • Kingsize/Twin Room with Sea View

Noise from building work going on when we arrived on the Friday afternoon and it began again at 8.30 on the Saturday morning. Another point which my partner and I picked up on was the abundance of silk flower displays around the hotel, bit OTT.

The bedroom was beautifully decorated and the bathroom fittings of a very good standard, rainfall shower was great.

We have been before and we will come again!
    • Small Double Room

Our bedroom was 113. A little smaller than we expected - OK. I accept it was an 'offer' and perhaps it was a 'first come' basis.

Hello! Yes, we had a lovely time. Perhaps the outstanding thing was the friendly and helpful staff. Even a contractor (I think) offered to carry my small suitcase downstairs! Thank you!

Nice surprise
    • Small Double Room

Only gripe was that the TV aerial was loose in the socket so some channels were fuzzy, I did manage to fix it.

Facilities in the room were great, shower had a great pressure and bed was comfy. The nespresso machine in the room was a nice bonus.

The Roslin hotel is an excellent facility with a very good bar and restaurant.
    • Kingsize/Twin Room

The room had a strong smell of cigarettes upon entering.

The room was very well appointed and had many nice decorative touches. It also had excellent tea making facilities and proper pod capsule coffee machine.

Smelly Beach Hotel
    • Kingsize/Twin Room

I was given a stinky room in second floor and was changed to an other one on request.The person allocated the room was aware of the bad smell too. He tried to see if we can manage and live with that room offered by him.we insisted for sanitisation and the person who came for sabari song could bit bear the smell..The person who offered the room came to smell the room but acted like as there is no smell.so back in reception and complained that it is unfair to offer such a room with bad smell and then the room was changed.

The Staff and the amenities provided in the room

Very enjoyable break
    • Executive Kingsize/Twin Room with Sea View and Balcony

A little disappointed that you added a service charge to everything you ordered, I can understand if there is a party of people or eating in the restaurant but not ordering drinks in the bar. Food in the evening was nice apart from the risotto, the pulses were cooked lovely but flavourless which we mentioned to the waitress.

Staff very friendly and attentive, food overall was very good.

Lovely, smart, plump hotel with great attention to detail
    • Kingsize/Twin Room

Having to ask for a part refund on check out because i'd negotiated the rate the night before with a member of staff but that conversation hadn't filtered down. (we extended our stay by another night, they kindly kept us in the same room and agreed it at our initial rate) - annoyingly we still ended up paying a little bit more. I really didn't appreciate having to have a stiff conversation with a disbelieving member of staff as I left.

Great bed, great bed linen, small bathroom but all really well appointed and put together. Hotel is being refurbished at the moment (end of March 2018), so if builders being outside your window first thing is annoying to you check which room you're getting. Everybody was polite and respectful and the hotel was so fresh and nice it didn't bother us. Very cosy, smart, hotel in a great location overlooking the sea at the quieter end of the esplanade.

Another happy good stay - with excellent food.
    • Small Double Room

We love the hotel but do have one complaint! The bath is super clean but their is no mat for the bathshower ..... and it is really quite dangerous - very slippery indeed. We mentioned this to the Receptionist when we left and she said that they do have some bath mats but not enough for every room! Given the luxury around the hotel I feel sure they should spend some money getting more mats ..... before someone has a really bad accident I hope they will address this matter. Maybe even a notice in the bathroom, saying to contact Reception for a bath mat!

The room was small - as booked. Very quiet and bed comfortable.

A Flowery Oasis in sunny Southend💐
    • Small Double Room

Curtains could be added to make the room cosier and muffle the sound of the traffic outside which is noisie in the morning, but they do have double glazing which helps.

The 3 course dinner and breakfast is excellent value for money so much choice and the food tastes lovely. Great having Elemis toiletries such a good quality British brand, smells lovely. Very comfortable bed and the Sea view when I woke up was superb! I lost my earphones in the restaurant and had to leave without them. The staff managed to locate them and have promised to post them to me which is indicative of the great service I received throughout my stay. I will definitely be booking I'm again.

The bed was very comfortable and I liked the shampoo
    • Small Double Room

Enormously overpriced - over £100 for a tiny room smaller than a Premier Inn one and located further away from interesting parts of Southend. I would strongly not recommend this place except as a last resort. The view was of the car park and we received an unexplained phone call at 2am that woke us up. Bits of the shower were falling off and the temperature was inconsistent. The minibar only had water and a couple of cans of soft drinks.

The bed was very comfortable and I liked the shampoo

Nice but not great for the money
    • Kingsize/Twin Room with Sea View

Had to go outside in the rain to get to the room but it didn't say that when booking. The bathroom was difficult to use as you had to open the shower screen right up to get in the bath which meant that the door was completely blocked. Only Nespresso coffee. No tea for non coffee drinkers and no biscuits.

Comfy bed

Excellent all round.
    • Kingsize/Twin Room

Service at bar area during busy periods could be better more staff required.

Staff from check in to check out very professional and friendly. Accomadation was great everything you need. Only thing was it is so popular that it took ages to get a drink and even longer to find someone to pay the bill in the bar all staff were in restaurant areas I think at least two staff should be designated to bar area during busy times especially sat and sun dinner periods as I have been here on many occasions and this has always been the same.

Would definitely stay here again had a great time
    • Kingsize/Twin Room

A very warm welcome at the hotel. The bed was very comfortable, room was really clean, plenty of tea/ herbal-tea and coffee in room. Selection of cold drinks in the fridge. Was recommend by family and friends wasn’t disappointed

We would come again to take advantage of the hotels outside facilities and beach opposite.
    • Kingsize/Twin Room

Not enough sound proofing between our room and our neighbours. Could be solved by fitting slow closers to toilet seats and also to the adjacent room doors.

Bed only. Although the hotel was undergoing refurb - the work stopped at a reasonable hour. The staff were always on hand and helpful. Great range of eating options. Busy bar area but noise did not carry through to the rest of the building. Spa smelt divine but I did not allow myself enough time to indulge. Nicely decorated ahead of Easter weekend. Complimentary mints by the door, good touch!

Perfect end to my husbands 50th Birthday celebrations
    • Executive Kingsize/Twin Room with Sea View and Balcony

Had a small issue on checking in to the room but it was sorted very quickly

The complimentary toiletries are high quality, the bed is incredibly comfortable it’s top quality bedding . exellent quality coffee machine, the staff are wonderful and will do their best to assist you. The breakfast is great too

Very pleasant, relaxing and comfortable. Would use again and recommend
    • Kingsize/Twin Room

Car parking can be limited during afternoons during times when non residents use the facilities for having afternoon teas

Very comfy bed and lounge/bar area. Very friendly staff

Very nice stay
    • Kingsize/Twin Room

Restaurant staff were pleasant but not very well trained. Hotel forgot our morning newspaper

Upgraded on arrival as superior rooms had not been sold. Nice room, beachfront location.

Browse Roslin Beach Hotel traveller photo gallery