Reviews of Scotia Airport Hotel 3 stars

91 New Sneddon Street, Paisley, PA3 2BJ, United Kingdom

#7 of 9 hotels in Paisley

• Deluxe Double Room with Shower

The breakfast was very minimalistic and no bacon, shower didn't drain very well, tv very poor reception, Wi-Fi didn't work and road leading to hotel in a very poor state - speed limits 20mph I recommend 10mph or less to protect your suspension.

The room was clean spacious and comfortable.

• Deluxe Double Room with Shower

Cooked breakfast was a big disappointment! Very small servings, no pork sausage, no haggis or black pudding and my soft fried egg was busted and cooked hard. Garden view was worthless. An expanse of overgrown grass.

Lovely building, clean and nice decor.

• Executive Triple Room

We got three twin beds, wasn't expecting that. Two doubles or 1 double and 1 twin would have been better. Traveled with husband and daughter. Sadly, the area was a bit questionable. There was nothing really close by, there was noise outside until after 1am, had to keep windows open because of warm weather. We walked to a small convenience store but there wasn't a pub or restaurant close to get dinner. Really wasn't interested in getting back into the car after a long drive, not the hotels fault just wanted others to be aware.

The building is beautiful. The staff was very nice and accommodating. Only about a mile from the airport.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Being asked for ID for the hotel to photocopy. What genuine reason do they have to ask for this and when are they deleting it. This is not in line with GDPR

• Deluxe Family Room

We have booked a room for 4 but when we got where it occurred that our room was occupied and the receptionist gave as the room for 3 so you can imagine how it is like to sleep in 2 on a single bed...

close to the airport but still in a small road without much noise

• Deluxe Double Room with Shower

Staff extremely rude! Staff is not helpful at all, since the check in until the check out. Staff didn´t have name badges or uniform, so we coudn´t take any names. Bedroom didn´t have any amenities (body wash, shampoo, etc.) Towels were dirty (brown and yellow stains) and bedsheets had little blood stains. Lots of spiders in the room, one of them woke me up crawling in my face. Luggage store room under charge, however no bag tags or identification were given to us. First they store it in thw staff toilet and after that, they were in a bedroom. No security at all. Last but not less important, staff told us to walk to the airport as it was quicker than take the bus. It took us more than 30 minutes and the roads were in bad condition, so the wheels of our trolley case were broken.

• Deluxe Double Room with Shower

Was fortunate that I checked my spam folder as received a mail from the hotel a few days before saying if I didn't reply or call to confirm we wanted the room then we would have lost the booking.

Ideal for what we needed. Decent value for money, comfortable, clean and ideal location.

• Deluxe Double Room with Shower

If you were walking, the property was kind of stuck in the middle of nowhere.

I arrived early and for a small charge the property had my room ready early. I really enjoyed watching the 5 on 5 football game that was going on across the street in the evenig.

No complaints

We didn't experience breakfast but the staff were really welcoming when we arrived, very friendly. The location was superb and we strolled along to the Indian restaurant for dinner which was very good

• Deluxe Double Room with Shower

Only thing was our room was number 25 which is right near the main front door. This door banged loudly each time it was shut.

The staff, the clean and comfortable room and the short taxi trip from Glasgow Airport.The lady who greeted us at reception was really lovely and thoughtful which is appreciated when you're weary after a long journey.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Not offered assistance with suitcase and room was downstairs.

Comfy bed and spacious room. Take change if you want to use vending machine, as I asked at reception and they didn't have any.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Much longer walk from the airport than advertised. My room overlooked a broken staircase, ratty wooden entrance and some trash in the yard.

Great price, comfy bed and great shower.

• Deluxe Twin Room

The room was very quiet-no traffic noises. Close to the railway station-we could walk easily to it even with luggage. Staff super friendly and the food ( I have food restrictions) they had my needs.

• Deluxe Twin Room

The mattress was somewhat inclined and I woke up various times from almost falling off the bed.

Location very close to airport-good for early flights. Modern,beautiful design,cleanliness, TV program selection and TV quality,amenities.

• Deluxe Twin Room

The young guy that works the afternoon shift is extremely rude. He made us feel like the second kind of people. We wanted to pick up our stuff and sleep at the train station. Also, there is no place to sit outside and you must pay an extra £10 is you check in before 2 or after 10 pm. Felt like they tried to rip us off. Will never come again and will discourage others as well.

Beds were comfortable!

• Deluxe Double Room with Shower

The room was very cold - the heating apparently only comes on for a few hours a day. The location of the hotel is not very appealing, off the 'beaten-track' in a very unattractive area of industrial units and domestic housing.

The room/sheets/towels were very clean. Tea & coffee in the room was very welcome.

• Deluxe Double Room with Shower

The place was reasonably priced. For the price paid the luxuries enjoyed were on par with the amount paid.

Nice staff, clean rooms, quiet neighborhood. This is a great place to stay when using the Glasgow airport. it's 5 minutes from the car drop-off site and the terminal. Plenty of pubs near the hotel. I noted the front desk had a number of security cameras in play, that made me feel comfortable about the safety and security of myself and my car. Nice tartan pillows as well.

• Deluxe Double Room with Shower

There was only one staff member on and she didn't seem to understand what people were asking. Receptionist was answering the phone whilst serving people at the desk The hotel didn't offer a cooked vegetarian breakfast, only had beans, egg and mushrooms. This should have been stated in the initial booking Overall just wasn't satisfied with the service or professionalism

Comfortable beds The hotel itself looked nice

• Deluxe Double Room with Shower

Beds are a bit too small for 2 persons, rooms are a bit noisy (chatter from the floors could be heard), breakfast is ok but don't try the sausages.

Staff is very friendly in this modern and stylish Hotel. Very good value for Money, nearly within Walking distance to Airport and Paisley town Center. Surrounding is industrial/commercial area, but still very quiet.

• Deluxe Double Room with Shower

Arrived mid afternoon. Receptionists were cheerful, kind and helpful. Room had everything we needed for one night stay. It was quiet. Big airy room. Large shower. Ceiling light and bed light were bright. Radiators were easy to control. HD TV.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Took about 5/10 mins to gain access to the property. Receptionist said we hadn't rang the bell as she was at reception the whole time (we did ring the bell and could see reception through the window and she was not there.) Room was ok but there were pipes in the wall that were so noisey we couldn't sleep. Called reception it took them 20/30mins after 2 phone calls and wandering round the hotel looking for them to appear. They didn't seem bothered and said there was nothing they could do (by this time it was 11.30) we asked to be moved rooms and were told this was not possible as there were no other rooms, looked on booking.com and there were rooms available, eventually got moved rooms. By this time it was 12am and we had to be up at 3am for our flight. Staff do not care at all. Should have driven through the night instead of wasting money here.

This hotel is close to the Airport.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Rude receptionist who wanted to photograph drivers licence "just in case I was arrested by the police" was his reason, No data protection in place as photocopy of other peoples drivers licences were scattered on the desk in plain view, central heating banging all night. will not return

• Deluxe Double Room with Shower

Awful breakfast. Told to breakfast between 7 and 9 am. Went down at 8.25 am on first morning... Along with other guests in small room with no available staff. Not enough Cutlery . Warm cheeses left out of fridge on the side to go soft. Same cheeses back out on surface next morning along with a couple of juice cartons . No croissants on either days as menu advertised. One slice of bread left by toaster. A large container for sugar. One very stressed and hard working employee who was frazzled at having to make eggs or basic cooked breakfast....She asked all people sitting in breakfast room to come down earlier next morning ..closer to 7 am. She asked each table if we wanted our rooms cleaned by her on that day too? We all said no as she was clearly exhausted... One table of four said they would not have breakfast the next morning to save the hassle....even though they had paid for it. They had one employee doing everything ...dirty plates on tables and a very negative and stressful breakfast time for people on holiday! Would not go again. Advise others to only book room if absolutely necessary and certainly not to bother with a very poor breakfast and environment.

Nice building..newly refurbished.

• Deluxe Double Room with Shower

The conduct and attitude of the receptionist was diabolical. First thing I was asked was "I need your photo id, passport or driving licence" !!! This is a hotel in Paisley and I came from Perth (90 miles away, not another country). My room was booked and paid for in advance. She insisted that if I could not produce photo if I would not get in ("just like all hotels abroad" I was told !!!). The only reason I got in was because I persisted and persisted and refused to budge until she eventually gave in. Then you should have seen the look of disgust on her face when I confirmed I was room only and did not want breakfast, wow if looks could kill !! Room was clean but very very basic. And so much for a wee lie in in the morning. Hotel staff, kitchen and housekeeping were at it from 6am and obviously couldn't give a damn about their guests. Never ever again !!!!

Location was good for central Paisley. Bed was comfortable. Plenty of parking.

• Deluxe Family Room

A couple of answers not covered by the options: * I was with family, though there were no children under 18 * Travelling was for a holiday - you were handy for a stopover for the airport Room was very acceptable. Disappointed that there was no bacon as part of the fried breakfast One or two staff members were efficient without being particularly engaging No regrets at staying there - well done!

• Deluxe Double Room with Shower

Broken door handle on bathroom meant it didn't close completely, broken shower head would sink in height during use, downstairs room had poor view and walls were thin enough to hear other residents and wake me up v early in the morning. And I was charged a surplus £10 for late check in despite requesting that particular time slot atthe time of booking! Really really awful experience all around.

Room size as described

• Deluxe Double Room with Shower

The owner booked me in and showed me the room. Was very friendly and helpful. Didn't have breakfast. The room was superb, lovely high ceiling. Temperature was comfortable. Really enjoyed my stay.

• Deluxe Double Room with Shower

Beware late travellers! There's a £10 charge for check in after 10pm, which is terrible for a hotel situated near an airport. I would have booked somewhere else if that was made clear in the booking process.

Large room

• Deluxe Double Room with Shower

The room I stayed in was right next to the reception and I could hear everything. Was woken up in the night by phones ringing and could hear people talking at 4 am I went to get a quiet nights sleep but ended up being more tired.

The room was clean and comfortable

• Deluxe Double Room with Shower

Noisy, I heard snoring and sounds of noisy intimate love making(due to Squeaky bed springs. It was not the most smiley welcome I have had, very impersonal, room needed decoration, especially paint, not 100% clean some slight staining on the walls cheap plastic toilet seats, poor flush not easy yo find

warm, comfortable bed, great shower, television location, the look of the exterior, car parking reliable wi-fi efficient check in and out , low-cost heard only internal noise but not from the busy airport nearby

• Deluxe Double Room with Shower

our room was right next to reception, so as all the late arrivals came the door bell and check in process kept me awake a while

perfect for a quick stop off in a budget hotel, breakfast was OK, nothing special

• Deluxe Double Room with Shower

It's ridiculous that guests checking in after 10:00pm need to pay an additional charge. I told staff we would be arriving late in 2 separate emails and I still received 2 additional emails from them asking us if we would be arriving late. Breakfast was good but English breakfast portion was small.

Clean place, good value for one night stay.

• Deluxe Twin Room

The gentleman who checked us in seemed really casual, wearing a hoodie. Then asked us if either of us smoked and we said no. We booked a non smoking room only to get there and find out our bathroom reeked of cigarettes - despite all the non smoking signs. You could hear the pipes in our room as they were quite audible and irritating when we tried to sleep.

It was only a £5 cab fare from the airport

• Deluxe Double Room with Shower

The heater wasn’t working and the room was extremely cold.

Good size room with comfortable mattress. Within 10 minutes walking distance to Paisley malls / centre. 5 minutes drive to Glasgow Airport.

Nothing I didn’t like

Spotless, comfortable. The guy at reception carried my suitcases upstairs for me, such a nice and welcome gesture after a whole day of travelling.

• Deluxe Double Room with Shower

I have been put into a room beside the reception and heard the noise all night and early morning. Especially the telephone ringing all morning. I didnt get a good nights sleep.

Great staff

• Deluxe Double Room with Shower

Excellent value for money. Very friendly staff, efficient check in and comfortable. Location was excellent. 5 mins walk from Paisley Gilmour street station with regular trains to Glasgow central and The coast. Highly recommended. Thank you.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Renovation needed, resting between sports ground, flat blocks and industry, no window in bath room. early breakfast not possible

Near the Airport (2 min car and 20 min foot walk), nice old building, free parking

The surrounding area!

The brilliant price.... less than thirty pounds for a double room! Perfect for staying the night before a flight from Glasgow Airport in the morning.

• Deluxe Double Room with Shower

I stayed for 5 nights and only once was my bed made and room cleaned. The mug I used for tea was not cleaned for the entire stay. I did receive clean towels everyday. Very basic accommodation, no bar or restaurant.

• Deluxe Double Room with Shower

Position, a little out of the way .

The staff were very pleasant & helpful. Accommodation much better than expected for price, great value for money.the

• Deluxe Twin Room

View from our window wasn't great, a flight of steps ran right past the window. The hotel was a little hard to find but it was well worth the money.

I couldn't believe the standard of the hotel for the price. the room was spotless, beds very comfy. The staff we dealt with couldn't have been more helpful or pleasant.

• Deluxe Double Room with Shower

The hotel was a bit hard to locate.

Room was clean, good bathroom and warm shower. This hotel suited uus perfect for a cheap overnight stay prior to our flight at Glasgow airport the following day.

• Deluxe Twin Room

There was nothing to complain about

The staff were excellent and had good local knowledge. Had very good communication and will arrange take away delivery. Get freshly cooked Scottish breakfast for £5.00. Brilliant. Glasgow Central 10 mins.

• Deluxe Double Room with Shower

The online description said that there would be complimentary shampoo and conditioner, there was not. Upon asking, I was told that the online information was outdated. Since there was nowhere to purchase the shampoo and conditioner, I had to wash my hair with hand soap!

The receptionist was very nice and helpful.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Smoke smelling room Noise of people coming and going throughout the night Parts of breakfast were shoddy- not a lot of choice Floor of bathroom had stains on it

It was a handy location for the family function I was attending. Some staff were more helpful than others

• Deluxe Family Room

Overlooking building yard and floodlights very bright. Not really a problem though

Ideal accommodation for airport park and ride. Would probably only use if for that purpose. Clean and great that we could get 4 friends in the one room - bigger saving on cost.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Nice and cosy on a cold febuary night hotel was full but very quite could not fault the hotel in any way will return any time we fly out of Glasgow airport.

• Deluxe Double Room with Shower

didn't have to get up early so when reverse warning on loader next door was going off at 7:30 that was a minor irritation, but soon stopped.

short walk to a good indian

• Deluxe Double Room with Shower

I was in room 24. Although the room size was Good, I was situated right next to the reception and could hear everything from typing on the computer, to phone calls. Wasn't very pleasant considering I'm a light sleeper!

Went to play darts for the weekend so booked this hotel last minute. Considering as it was last minute, the value for money was decent.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Nothing really comes to mind

Plenty parking, right next to the airport, big rooms, plug next to mirror, vending machine for late arrivals, value for money

• Deluxe Double Room with Shower

Nice big room comfortable bed everything was very clean and it was nice and quiet. All for a very good price. Easy parking at the door as well.

• Deluxe Double Room with Shower

The breakfast was cold, slow and she serve me and my husband in a different time instead, we ate our breakfast in a separate time.

The room is very clean and tidy/good space.

• Deluxe Double Room with Shower

Curtains were not black out there was light coming in. No option to adjust heating for room. Was right next to the reception in room 24 and could hear people it was very disturbing. Also the customer service was grim I didn't even get a smile from the greeter!!

• Deluxe Twin Room

I was happy with everything.

I was very happy with it all. The lady that was there to check us in was very nice, polite and very helpful, she couldn't have been more helpful. I'm only sorry that I didn't get her name. She is very good for representing your hotel. I would stay there again. Miss T Desmond

• Deluxe Double Room with Shower

Room was very noisy. Could hear the doorbell, telephone, conversations at reception desk. We also were disturbed several nights of our stay through the night by other guests. Lots of shouting in lobby etc and staff did not intervene. The room was also only serviced fully on our first and last day of our 7night stay

• Deluxe Double Room with Shower

Very good value for money. The room was large, clean and newly decorated in good taste. The bathroom, whilst smallish was clean and modern. The lack of an evening dining room did not matter as there was an excellent Indian restaurant “Koh-in-Noor” within 300m and probably more choice just beyond. The hotel breakfast was fine.

• Deluxe Family Room

Have to check Out at 11 but not even place to sit down till I go out. To keep the luggage for few hours, have to pay by 5 pound which was not helpful for us. Mistakenly order a breakfast and there was pork which my sister not eat as it was together with eggs and beans and I requested for the another omelette which they said they can’t give. That was the worse part.

Room was clean and comfortable!!

• Deluxe Double Room with Shower

No uniform worn by man who checked me in, he also had headphones in his ear the whole time... My room was right next to reception desk and for some reason a vending machine in the hallway was on all night so the fan kept me up until I had to ask for it to be turned off. Bed was way to bouncy and he pillows were horrible and cheap had to use all 4 to feel like the normal amount of 2 that I have.

Fantastic value for money.

• Deluxe Double Room with Shower

It was in the middle of an industrial estate and wouldn’t like to walk around in that area. Our room was on the bottom floor next to the breakfast room so was woke up early by guests not using their heads as they shouted for breakfast. Staff was quiet but you can hear pots and pans slightly so ask for a room on the other floors.

Very clean and comfortable. Nice and warm. Large rooms a d big TV so you can actually see it in bed. £7.00 Taxi to the airport. £4.00 Taxi to Paisley train station.

• Deluxe Twin Room

Very basic (but for the price what do you expect) check in staff not the friendliest when the heating / hot water turns on (middle of the night) quite noisy

Easy to get to with good parking, pretty clean

• Deluxe Double Room with Shower

They charged us an extra nights stay. Then when we rang they told us to ring our bank and cancel our card instead of refunding. Eventually booking had to make them give us back the money

The room

• Deluxe Double Room with Shower

The Hotel was very close to the airport only short taxi ride. The reception staff was very friendly made me very welcome even though I arrived late. The breakfast was very good value and I would come back and stay here again. The room I was in was very cosy great for a winters night

• Deluxe Twin Room

Slight hint of fag smoke in room. Also the owners could have removed the snow on the front steps to avoid clients slipping.

Nice comfy room and good shower

• Deluxe Double Room with Shower

Easy access from Glasgow airport. Within easy walking distance to Paisley town centre with restaurants etc. And train station. The room, bed linen, towels all very clean

• Deluxe Twin Room

Car park was very slippery (my wife fell). Nothing they can do about the weather but felt the car park should have been gritted.

Accommodation is exceptional. Great location for the airport. Staff were so friendly and helpful. Incredible value for money.

• Executive Triple Room

This property is not a 'normal hotel in as much as the front desk is not manned after 10pm or in the morning at least at 7.30. It is a little of putting as it is unclear who should be contacted should there be an emergency for example.

Obviously recently updated. Looked new and most importantly clean

• Deluxe Double Room with Shower

Having a room in the lobby next to reception. Noisy with people coming in later at night, leaving early in the morning. Very little soundproofing around the door.

Location, cleanliness, breakfast

• Deluxe Double Room with Shower

Tv had no channels working but never reported this as it was only an overnight stay and we were out most of the day/night. Breakfast time could be extended as finished as early as 9am.

The hotel and room was extremely clean and tidy. Room was spacious and had enough parking spaces to park my car. Breakfast was lovely with plenty to choose from.

• Deluxe Double Room with Shower

That I had to play extra for late check in 3 🌟 hotel...thats outrageous...causey flight was delayed and for that price there is soooo many cheaper and better hotels

Comfi beds nice staff

• Deluxe Double Room with Shower

Only the size of the bed would benefit having king size beds

Large rooms friendly helpful staff en_suite rooms Very comfy beds a little bit on the small side. Close to all local shops and Glasgow just a 20 minute drive

• Deluxe Double Room with Shower

Staff walk in your room if you don’t answer the door, room and bathroom were really small, the room was quite cold and the beds undersheet kept coming undone.

Vending machine at reception

• Deluxe Double Room with Shower

Location was a bit run down but the hotel had made the best effort to make the exterior attractive.

Lovely clean and warm accommodation, plenty of car parking. Staff were very friendly and helpful would stay again when I am in the area. Great value for money too! Fairly quiet at night despite being close to town and airport.

• Deluxe Double Room with Shower

Transaction fee to be paid if paying by card could have been clearer when booking, would've brought cash.

Room was spacious and lovely. Friendly staff member, checking in and out a breeze.

• Deluxe Double Room with Shower

That I wasn’t staying for longer!

Everyone, everything. I don’t quite know the words to describe it!!! It was awesome great value for money. The staff were extremely friendly. Especially the bald man (apologies didn’t catch his name) and there was a woman who made breakfast on the 26th who was lovely. There were two other guests from Spain and she spoke Spanish!! I thought that was a very nice touch. I was pleasantly surprised at this hotel and next time I’m in Scotland I will defiantly visit. (Roy from room 11)