Reviews of Seamill Hydro Hotel & Resort 4 stars

Ardrossan Road, Seamill, KA23 9ND, United Kingdom

#2 of 2 hotels in Seamill

Based on 1952 hotel reviews

Had a great time at my friends wedding

My flirting abilities.

Was at a friends wedding and the set up made the day incredible. The place was well set up and the staff were friendly. Quick service at the bar and the food was class.

• Reviewed: 11 August 2018

Beautiful location, fabulous view from my junior suite!
    • Junior Suite with Sea View

Beautiful location, fabulous view from my junior suite! Lovely breakfast and friendly staff. Wonderful stay overall and a truly beautiful wedding venue!

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

A very comfortable hotel in a good location.

A very comfortable hotel in a good location. The overall standard is high.From the moment we entered the hotel the staff at reception were welcoming and friendly. I wilfully recommend this hotel.

Was a bit disappointed with our room not close to my daughter. Disappointed with the staff at dinner
    • Junior Suite with Sea View

We traveled with my daughter and her husband and grandson who was 3 we had requested a rooms to be near one another so we could help with our grandson unfortunately we weren't even in the same building. A did ask at reception if we could be moved but there were no rooms available. We booked this in February so surely we could have been accommodate our request. The girl serving us our dinner on the Tuesday night needs more training in dealing with customers her attitude was terrible.

Hotel is excellent room nice and big

Lovely location, clean rooms and brillIant staff.
    • Suite

Room was a suite but it was very dark and looked over to another wall of the building. Not worth the money paid.

Lovely location, clean rooms and brillIant staff.

Stunning views and a beautiful hotel.
    • Double Room with Sea View

The only thing that was wrong was the outside of our windows were quite dirty which marred our stunning view after specifically requesting a room with a view.

Stunning views and a beautiful hotel. Pool facilities great and breakfast superb. Have been a few times and planning another trip back soon

The view from my room was the roof which was not great.

The view from my room was the roof which was not great. I also have to make a comment in connection with my payment I was double charged when I called to get this sorted out the staff were very helpful but felt they should have offer some compensation or a nice gesture which did not happen.

Great getaway with stunning views!
    • Double Room with Sea View

Staff were all lovely, rooms were very comfortable and the views and facilities were fantastic! Food in the restaurant was amazing, I’ll be returning soon 😃

Seamill Hydro Hotel is a beautiful place, couldn’t fault...
    • Junior Suite with Sea View

Seamill Hydro Hotel is a beautiful place, couldn’t fault anything. Room was lovely with an amazing view. Food lovely in both restaurants and Breakfast was lovely too.

Great location and stay but could have been better
    • Suite

Bed too short, no hot water for shower in evening, water stained bathroom ceiling, cobwebs on inside of pelmet and window, dusty mirrors.

Excellent plentiful breakfast, Great swimming and gym facility, roomy comfortable suite.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Enjoyed the location, views and food was superb in the Orangery restaurant.
    • Junior Suite with Sea View

The breakfast was just average and the location for breakfast was rather overcrowded. The staff weren't particularly pleasant or helpful when serving breakfast it appeared to be a bit of a chore! The junior suite we stayed in was rather tired looking and definitely in need of refurbishment which was rather disappointing.

Food in the Orangery Restaurant was excellent. The reception area and staff at front desk were super helpful and friendly. The views were stunning! Breakfast was average and the location for breakfast was rather crowded, staff were not particularly pleasant or helpful. The junior suite we stayed in was very tired looking, definitely in need of a refurbishment which was rather disappointing.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

Excellent hotel, having everything a family could need.
    • Suite

The shower and bath could be fitted with rails to aid the elderly and less able. The ground floor suites are fitted with blinds, but could also have net curtains for greater privacy.ex

Excellent location and facilities. Beach easily accessible and very safe. Choice of places to eat, including room service. Rooms clean and spacious. The suites were very good value

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

Fantastic. Stunning views. Great !!
    • Standard Twin Room

Had no complaints. So couldn't comment

The room was very clean. Staff very helpful. Loved the veiws from the orangerie the weather was lovely which is always a bonus. It was a birthday treat for my sister, so five family members had a great time. Would difinately come again

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

We enjoyed it so we’ve booked in again to celebrate a birthday
    • Standard Twin Room

Couldn’t really fault anything!

We attended a family wedding reception at th Hydro.The meal was excellent as was the service. The staff friendly and attentive. The room was very comfortable and the facility for tea and coffee making there also bottles of drinking water.

Relaxing holiday with great food and great views
    • Suite

Unfortunately the suite we were in didn’t have the best of views. If booking again, would ask for sea view.

The food in the restuarant was excellent, staff friendly, room facilities good, great choice of breakfast.

Lovely location. Room was comfortable. Staff could do with some training.
    • Executive Suite

No air conditioning. Staff were very slow to serve in the bar and the restaurant.

The beach is lovely. Comfortable bed. Bedrooms need a fan or air conditions.

View, food, gardens
    • Junior Suite with Sea View

Unfortunately the hotel room was absolutely roasting. There was no chance I could have slept in the room. My partner was then sick because of the heat. I asked for a fan, but was told there was none left. Until I threatened to leave and ask for a refund there was a fan found by the duty manager. The hotel was lovely, but there needs to be air conditioning considered for the room. I had 1 hour sleep all night and was miserable the next morning. This is a shame as the hotel is lovely. My brother in law is to be married there next may, so hopefully the experience will be better next time

View, food, gardens

Had a great time only few hiccups

Staff is bar need good customer service, had to complain on numerous occasions got to stage didn't even complain about my steak overdone

The hotel was lovely views were beautiful , just felt very relaxing and chilled had a nice lunch

*****
    • Family Room

Checked in with no problems which allowed us to get ready in time for a wedding at the hotel. Room was very spacious & the bathroom with stand alone bath was beautiful!

Good value and excellent staff
    • Suite

Buffet required topping up but could have been the number of guests staying

Bed was lovely and comfortable. Room was clean and quiet. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will be back.

Facilities very good.

Being charged an additional, £24 over and above room Rate agreed ie £150 for early check in despite requesting this 6 months in advance! No communication from hotel with regard to my request for early check in despite being requested well in advance. Very disappointed and annoyed!

Lovely location and views

Very comfortable place to stay.

Nothing to dislike.

We have stayed at the Seamill Hydro three times, and have enjoyed each stay. The room facilities are excellent (we had a suite this time), the eating areas and food great, and the staff very warm and welcoming. We are happy to recommend the Hydro as a great place to stay.

Pleasant enough
    • Standard Twin Room

Was far to warm during the night even with heating turned off and windows open. No air conditioning in our part of the building. Breakfast staff a bit dour

The Rio was clean and fairly spacious and was very near to the function we were attending. Reception staff welcoming.

A very nice stay in a lovely location
    • Junior Suite with Sea View

The room was situated on the ground floor with people often passing the window and we were unable to keep the windows open during the hot weather at night.

Lovely hotel, comfortable spacious bedroom, very good breakfast. The hotel is situated overlooking the sea across to the Isle of Aaran a beautiful view.

So relaxing just what we needed
    • Junior Suite with Sea View

There was nothing we didn't like

We will definitely return everyone was very friendly, the pool was just brilliant. The suite was so nice and the view was to die for, you would never get fed up of looking at that view. We didn't want to come home.

Lovely
    • Suite

Some of the bar areas could have been cleaner. The portions for the cooked breakfast were pretty small

The room was lovely , very clean and comfortable.

Great relaxing stay
    • Standard Twin Room

The hotel it’s self is lovey,the rooms could do with getting cleaned better ie lipstick on coffee cups ,staff very friendly, food great all in great stay

Lovely way to celebrate my wife's birthday.
    • Executive Suite

Lovely big room,helpful staff especially Alison on reception. Yummy chocolate strawberries in room and singing waiting staff with petit four birthday plate were an unexpected treat!

Seamill
    • Suite

The mattress was too hard. The food was over priced. The website wasn't clear about the total cost We were charged an additional amount for my daughter even though I input the information required ie 2 adults and 1 child aged 3. The hotel advised us that it would cost extra?

Facilities The room.

Good views, nice location, rooms were clean.
    • Suite

Just not up to the expectation of a 4-star hotel. Staff were friendly but I would not say went above and beyond for us. Reported a fault and it wasn’t fixed by our check-out date.

Good views, nice location, rooms were clean.

Perfect.
    • Junior Suite with Sea View

Nothing on our stay could have been improved on.

The room was large and comfortable. The sea view was fantastic. Best of all the bathroom had a shower and not a bath. A very well run hotel with every need catered for. Impossible to fault on any level.

Fabulous, fabulous, fabulous!!!

Absolutely no complaints!

Quality all round - bed, pillows, towels, toiletries, furnishings, food, public areas and gardens. We had a junior suite with a sea view which was excellent value. Room 125 right on the beach and overlooking a beautiful rose and lavender garden. So looking forward to going back again. I injured my knee on the last day and the reception staff brought a wheelchair to my room and then took me to my car. I also had breakfast in my room - fabulous.

Amazing Stay With Wonderful Rooms And Fitst Class Service!!!
    • Standard Twin Room

Hotel was amazing!! Staff could not do enough for us and we were made to feel very special. Food in both the bar and the restaurant was amazing!! Room was out of this world!!

Staff were friendly food was really good and service very...
    • Suite

Rooms were too hot and no air conditioning There was a wedding on and could not sleep for the noise

Staff were friendly food was really good and service very good

The hotel has been going through some very nice renovations and looks amazing.
    • Standard Twin Room

No Air cond. in the room so very stuffy in the warm weather. Also the windows could not be opened. Room a little dated but clean.

Position of this hotel is excellent. The Restaurant overlooks the sea and the meal was excellent. The Hotel Foyer bar and restaurant is very inviting. Excellent foyer, breakfast also very nice.

Overall, we had an amazing stay just wished the restaurant was cleaned better.
    • Family Room

We had dinner in the restaurant and I noticed our seats were covered in crumbs and food. I didn’t say anything I just cleaned it myself because I thought it was a one off. Then I did notice a table leave and the waitress cleaned the table with a cloth and all the crumbs on the table went on to the seats. I thought she would clean it but it was left like that and was really disgusting to look at.

I loved the room it was so lovely to look at and the bed was really comfy too. Shower and bath was absolutely amazing loved every bit of the room.

The beach is lovely staff are friendly the building has been...
    • Suite

Little over priced dinner wasn't to good and not much choice for breakfast a buffet would be better to select your own choices from. Apartments are starting to look a bit shabby.

The beach is lovely staff are friendly the building has been done up and looking great for weddings

Overpriced - Poor Quality & Service. Won't be back!

Very disappointed with my stay. We paid a significant sum of money to stay for two nights to attend two weddings in a nearby venue. When we arrived, at 2.45 and the receptionist wouldn't let us check in. She then proceeded to check people in at 2.50 while we had to wait until 3pm - despite the fact we told her we had to return to the wedding The view from the room was terrible. We looked out onto the roof and large pipes. We had requested a sea view. We also couldn't sleep in the room due to the noise from the pipes outside and the heat. We phoned reception to ask how we make the room cooler and they told us to "turn the radiator off". Even in Budget hotels, you can change the temperature in your room. When we went to complain, we were told we'd need to email as the manager wasn't in - a total deflection technique! Overpriced for the service we received. I won't be back

Very little.

Wedding parties made lot of noise in corridors. Restrictions on us because they were there. Beds uncomfortable. Sofa bed really uncomfortable. Lift extremely slow.

Location. Paid extra for view from room. Quite a walk away though.

Rest of the room was perfect with a nice bed and great food.
    • Double Room with Sea View

Some wallpaper coming off near ceiling. And the shower was a bit dated, shower curtain was annoying!

Rest of the room was perfect with a nice bed and great food. The spa was brilliant very clean and very nice. And the beach front was excellent with great views.

Stayed here 2 nights .

the view.

Stayed here 2 nights ..our room was nice but no view ..looking onto a roof and I had paid extra for a superior room so was a little disappointed. Cocktails were nice ..as was the food. I mentioned to the restaurant manager it was my birthday when making a reservation on the Monday evening … a free drink would have been a lovely touch ...but nothing !!

Great stay

Our room was very warm but we kept our windows open at all times and were fine.

Beautiful hotel, the room was gorgeous and really well decorated. There was so much room, very spacious. The bathroom was incredible, the bath was huge and the shower, again - so much room! Really enjoyed the big shower head. The view from the patio outside was amazing and the weather made it so pleasant. Dinner was also so delicious and the waiting staff were attentive and friendly. Well worth what we paid, we had a wonderful time celebrating our 1 year wedding anniversary here!

Shocking no substance to what they claim

Cleanliness of room - dirty sock left by last customer!!! Poor view from room window - industrial size extractor flume and ducting from kitchen opposite!! Stench of fryer oil because of above. Noise of extractors - very warm day/night can't open windows because of noise & smell. No robes - they say it's a resort & spa....no robes??? No glasses in room. Went to bar to eat. Made to wait 15mins for service as staff including bearded manager fixated with Belgium v Brazil game on large screen had to walk round and ask to be served!! Moved to new room with floorboards that squeaked louder than my dogs chew toy!!

A perfect one night break which felt like a lot more as we had 2 swims, dinner and time on the beach

The room we had was lovely except it overlooked a very noisy ventilator which run constantly. If you closed the window you couldn't hear it - but the weather was too hot for that!

The hotel looked lovely, the wee swimming pool was excellent, the food was excellent, the outdoor gardens and terraces were lovely and the bottom gate opened onto a beautiful sandy beach with views of Arran.

Pleasant
    • Junior Suite with Sea View

Very dark room. The carpet and furnishings did not help. Wasn't keen om the suite being in another building.

View was amazing and breakfast was good. Fridge in room bonus!

WONDERFUL TIME IN GLORIOUS SUNSHINE
    • Junior Suite with Sea View

No Moules Mariniere available for Dinner Menu, but Home made pate excellent instead.

made very welcome from moment arrived at reception to leaving. Breakfast both leisurely and good. Dinner in Orangery very good with stunning view of Isle of Arran as view.

Seamill Hydro

Check in time a little late. I was attending a wedding at 2pm and had to pay extra to check in at 1pm. I think the check in times should coordinate better with the events the hotel is hosting.

Great sea view, hotel facilities were of the highest standard, food was excellent. Wedding venue was superb.

Overall very enjoyable and would stay again
    • Suite

The restaurant and bar were a bit pricey.

Paid extra for a suite and it was worth it. Although we didn’t have a sea view, the room was very clean and looked liked it had been refurbished fairly recently. Good facilities at the hotel. Stunning views of the sunset from the restaurant.

Very tired at the end of it due to poor sound proofing.
    • Junior Suite with Sea View

There is absolutely no sound proofing in the suites part of the hotel. We could hear every word of the conversation from the suite next door until 7am! The walls appear to be paper thin. We spent alot of money to be kept awake all night. Poor sound proofing in spa also which impacted on our experience as a car alarm was going off.

The hotel & location is lovely

Very good chill out couple of days.
    • Double Room with Sea View

Disappointed in meal in Orangery - Pan Fried Mackerel dish was swamped with salad and the Cranachan didn't have any whisky or oatmeal in it - but the price of this was deducted from the bill. There was a wedding on in the hotel, so perhaps the restaurant customers weren't priority that night.

Blessed with excellent, hot, sunny weather. Very easy to spend your time on the sun terrace or the beach, away from hustle and bustle of everyday life. Choice of places to eat and drink, both inside and out.

Enjoyable

The room the view

Beautiful place stunning views was a bit disappointed check in was 3pm didn't notice till we arrived so my fault, we had to ask the waitress three times to clear table for lunch in the end spoke to a male who we assumed was a manager, he had this done in no time so Thankyou our room was amazing as was the view 👍Would go back and recommend

Wonderful wee Break
    • Suite

The noise when people close bedroom doors very loud bang. Very busy when weddings on.

Staff are very accommodating.. nothing was too much bother. Rachael was lovely and worked really hard making time to chat whilst doing her job. We were there for a small break recuperating from an illness .receptionists took time to chat to us and then we we're given a lovely afternoon tea to cheer is up . A wonderful gesture.

• Beautiful location

• Noisy floor boards • No lift in suites block - we had a buggy so was awkward getting in and out of our first floor suite

• Beautiful location • Lots of space • Great breakfasts • Nice room

Very enjoyable stay

Car parking difficult due to weddings on all three days that we stayed at the hotel

Really liked the easy access to the beach and the breakfast was exceptional

Highly recommended, will be visiting again
    • Standard Twin Room

Not dog friendly but staff assure me this is being explored by owners

Excellent location, very friendly and efficient staff. On the seafront with fantastic views towards Arran. Bars and restaurants large open and accommodating. Food was very good and reasonably priced

Fab, very relaxing.
    • Suite

Housekeeping a bit hit and miss, Had to ask for linen for sofa bed twice. Also had to request a room clean as it was missed one day.

View was gorgeous. Room very comfortable. Staff very helpful.

enjoyable with a few flaws.
    • Standard Twin Room

Eating in the bar as the dini ng room was booked till late....it took us two hours to get served and the menu was priced just the same as the restaurant even although the atmosphere was no where near as good.....at breakfast a girl came in with here mother and gran wearing a Celtic top this should not be allowed in a dining area.

reception staff were excellent when we complained about the view of a tin roof from our room..she spoke to a superior and we were moved to s seaview room which was great. the breakfast was great added to by the fact there was someone in charge overseeing all situations.

Beautiful setting
    • Standard Twin Room

The hotel room wasn’t up to scratch, shower required scrubbing as grout was black which wasn’t particularly nice to look at. Just not the nicest room I’ve stayed in despite the price. It was dusty too and the chairs were scratched and tatty.

Beautiful setting

Super hotel
    • Junior Suite with Sea View

We stayed in Dunoon Junior Suite and could not have been happier room was perfect with amazing views we will certainly be back to this hotel in the future, we had slight problem with dinner as waitress did not order one of our main meals we enquired about this and problem was resolved very quickly with the cost of that meal being deducted from our bill buut overall we had a great time. we would highly recommend this hotel.

Good place for a relaxing one night getaway

Restaurant staff were a bit young and unaware of importance of customer service. They all seemed quite hesitant and ill at ease in being friendly and offering general conversation but handled the one food issue that we had very well. Bed leaned terribly to one side and no way of cooling down the room overnight when it got too hot.

Room and hotel had apparently had a renovation so clean and warm. Great value for money afternoon high tea. Leisure centre good. Gym big and good equipment. Swimming pool deep, clean and warm. Sauna and hammam clean too.

Loved everything about our stay. Shame about the steak, but will visit again
    • Junior Suite with Sea View

Only problem I had was that my Fillet steak came medium to well done when I had ordered Medium to Rare.

All the staff were excellent. The restaurants and bar were very comfortable , The Orangery had beautiful views over the sea.

Perfect stay. Fell in Love with West Killbride. Its where all my Ancesters came from.
    • Junior Suite with Sea View

Cant think of a thing. Everything was clean and nice.

Everything was perfect. Came from the US on a trip to see the Relatives in West Kilbride. Had an Ocean View with Swans . There were Weddings going on , it was still quiet. Staff is wonderful and very helpful. Beautiful Hotel. Best place and meals we had anywhere we stayed in Scotland and England. Will book again.

Almost home from home
    • Junior Suite with Sea View

A little disappointed at the cleanliness this time. Even housekeeping were astonished at what was found under the bed. A shame as overall it’s just lovely

Staff always friendly and accommodating. Nothing’s ever too much trouble. A pleasure.

The room and breakfast was nice

I was attending a wedding at the waterside hotel but couldn’t get book into that hotel so booked the Seamill. I requested to check in Early so I could book into the room and leave my bag I was told I could only do this at a cost of £10 per hour I was told to call on the morning which I did to be told that they didn’t know what order the cleaners where doing the rooms. There was no come and go at all I was really disappointed. My friends that where staying in the waterside got into there rooms at 12:30 at no extra cost. I asked the staff to make a note that I would have to check in after the wedding about 12:30 at night when we arrived I was asked to pay for the room when I handed over the cash I was told they couldn’t accept cash as it was after 11pm it would have to be card which I hadn’t been told I was lucky I had a card with as I was told there was no alternative. I was really disappointed with the whole experience and I now wouldn’t recommend this hotel to any friends or family.

The room and breakfast was nice

Fantastic getaway
    • Suite

The changing rooms in the leisure area were very small considering you cater for hotel guests and your actual members. I was dancing around people to find space to get changed at one point.

The location by the beach was lovely and also having the options of 2 bars/restaurants for lunch and dinner or just drinks was fab. The pool and spa was great too.

Excellent hotel

Can not fault anything.

Everything was excellent, all staff were welcoming including reception, restaurant, and spa staff. Gym, pool and spa was relaxing. Food great. Room right on the water with excellent views over to Arran. Will be definitely coming back.

Wish we'd got more than one night to stay!
    • Standard Twin Room

Nothing! Everything was excellent and enjoyable

The whole building, our bedroom, the food in the Aura Bar, the swimming pool, friendly helpful staff, gardens and beach.

Relaxing and comfortable
    • Suite

Room and food , swimming and walks around hydro .

Had a great stay atSeamill rooms and food were excellent. Staff very friendly and accommodating. Would definitely return .

Amazing!
    • Junior Suite with Sea View

Staff were amazing, food was great, room was fantastic and after finding out we were celebrating a birthday they sent chocolate dipped strawberries to our room. I hadn’t been for quite sometime but will be back as soon as I can. Staff are a credit to the hotel owners.

Our evening meal in the Orangery was excellent, as was the...
    • Suite

We stayed in a lower floor suite which is below the car park level, anyone walking past or pulling into the front row of spaces can look straight into your room. Ask for an Upper Floor or Sea-view room.

Our evening meal in the Orangery was excellent, as was the buffet breakfast in the morning. The girls in the Spa are very professional and I would recommend the Swedish Massage.

Loved the rooms, the pool, the gardens, the proximity to the...

The girl at reception was very unwelcoming. The other guests checking in next to us got a really nice reception with lots of information about the hotel. Our receptionist was very unhelpful like she couldn’t be bothered with us. This was a treat for us and she spoiled it a bit. Everyone else was so nice though.

Loved the rooms, the pool, the gardens, the proximity to the beach. The restaurant staff were lovely. My little girl loved it!

Mixed feelings, very dissappointed with room
    • Double Room with Sea View

The room was unbearably hot, only foyer and restaurant and bar air conditioned only, couldn't open windows, shower was impossible to get into due to low floor in bathroom, no support to hold on to, the tiling made it impossible to hold on to one of the handles, very uncomfortable night! No fridge in room to keep drinking water cool, just to add to discomfort!

Location was good, good restaurant, great outdoor area and view of sea from room

Feeling chilled and relaxed after our stay.
    • Suite

Every thing , we had a lovely weekend and the gardens are beautiful. Perfect for a chilled out weekend with relaxing drinks after a busy time at work. Beautiful location. The staff are very polite and friendly.

I liked everything could not fault it .
    • Standard Twin Room

I liked everything could not fault it .food was excellent staff were amazing location was spot on with great views will certainly be back and will tell my family and friends

The breakfast was first class and probably one of the best...
    • Double Room with Sea View

The pillows were very thin and too soft for me. Another option of pillow in the room would have been perfect.

The breakfast was first class and probably one of the best hotel breakfasts I have had. Very good!!