Reviews of Shaftesbury Hyde Park International 4 stars

52-56 Inverness Terrace, Westminster Borough, London, W2 3LB, United Kingdom

#550 of 1,031 hotels in London

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

ok , at least room was clean and staff friendly
    • Deluxe Double Room

Room was far too small for a king size bed to fit in. There was very litte room for 2 suitcases ( only one each person ) . we had to open them on the bed, because of the huge bed in the room. The bathroom was also a poor layout. hand basin jutted out at a dangerous ankle just inside the bathroom door, making it tight to move in and out of the bathroom, without banging yourself.

Room was clean and staff friendly and helpful. Bed was very comfortable.Great location near shops and tube.

• Reviewed: 14 October 2018

Disappointed.
    • Deluxe Double Room

This is not a 4-star hotel for sure. The pictures on booking.com do not march with the reality. Rooms are much smaller. The building itself is also not taken care of well.

• Reviewed: 12 October 2018

I was there for 3 nights, the place is lovely and very close...

No thing

I was there for 3 nights, the place is lovely and very close to city’s landmarks. less than a min walk to everything you need. From Restaurants, tube station and bus station are just within 5 mins. The good thing about it is the people in reception . Specially Gabriela .

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

My base in London

Nothing. I loved the hotel

Everything. I used this hotel as a base. Arriving from Australia. Staying 2 nites. Then arriving back from my Isle of Man weekend. Then again for 5 nites after my Spanish backpacking holiday. Special mention of Asmita and Charleton on Reception and the concierge who kept remembering me on my return from IOM and Spain. Room great. English breakfast, plentiful and delicious. Great location. Close to tube, restaurants, Sainsburys and Kensington Gardens.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Romantic & Welcoming.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Our room was very small and difficult for two people dressing and ironing and moving about.

The staff where lovely & the little extras for our special trip where so lovely & made it special for us. Beautifully done out throughout.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

Had a very pleasant experience here and would stay again.
    • Deluxe Single Room

Shaftesbury Hyde Park International was overbooked, though I booked well over a month ago. They transferred me to a better hotel, the Metropolis. That was a headache at first. I wish they'd informed me of this before my trip. I had to meet friends at certain places at certain times, and this threw a monkey wrench into all of my first-day plans. Plus, five to six prostitutes outside at night...very annoying but nothing they can do about it, I guess. They come right up on to the property and ask if you need company (among other things).

The staff, particularly the attendants (bellhops), were just awesome. So friendly and funny and helpful. I couldn't have asked for better people to help me with little things like directions and whatnot. The bed was great, as were the pillows and towels. Very clean.

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

During my entire stay - every night my key card needed to be...
    • Deluxe Single Room

During my entire stay - every night my key card needed to be reset Hallways stuffy and smelly. Bathroom smelled for some reason like cabbage Don't mind small room but there was nowhere to put toilettries

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

No words can explain how unhappy i am!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Firstly they lost my booking, the receptionist discussed the suprise i had arranged for my wifes birthday infront of my wife. Was offered an upgrade because of this but couldnt have been given it as the room we were directed to was set up with the Suprise of petals, wine and a heArt on the bed. Asked for white wine, got red! Room was so small you couldn't pass each other without letting the other pass. First night we used the hot chocolate sachets, next day our cups were cleaned but our sachets and milk were not replenished. Everything about our stay was spoilt from the very begining. What was supposed to be a romantic weekend away celebrating my wifes birthday was ruined with incompetent staff and poor surroundings. I will not be returning!

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

No I didn't learn either about your croissants or any...
    • Deluxe Single Room

A very disaster reception in September 2018 however having travelled in South Africa I never saw that!Following to the staff who checked my ID at the reception, this hotel is restrictively for WHITE, as a black client, like me I, had lived this racism that is not acceptable in the present era. A young lady coming later has tried to correct the big mistake done! but it was too late!

No I didn't learn either about your croissants or any top breakfast!

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Poor
    • Deluxe Single Room

Moved at last min. Single and small. Understated in ad. Will not book with you again

Got a free breakfast because hotel I booked was not available due to maintenance.

• Reviewed: 29 September 2018

Great staff and location
    • Deluxe Double Room

Room are small, it works for a solo traveller, not a group.

The service provided and hospitality by the hotel were amazing, especially Gabriela, the admin manager who helped settling all my questions and concerns down.

• Reviewed: 25 September 2018

I was a very pleased with the whole experience.
    • Club Double Room

The whole package was better than expected, No criticisms at all

A very friendly welcome and service from all of the Staff. Excellent break for two travellers

PLEASE READ MY PREVIOUS COMMENTS.
    • Deluxe Double Room

I arrived about 11 am from Heathrow and a trip from the United States. While I di not expect to get into my room immediately, I was informed that he would help me get in my room quickly so that i might be able to get some much needed rest. As it turns out, I waited till 10 minutes until 2 when I made an inquiry and whereupon I was told, by the same person, that he didn't know when I could gain access to my room. Secondly, some of the plumbing fixtures in my bathroom were broken. I did what I could to make the bath work and take a shower. The tub is deep. The floor is slippery where your get out. There is no safety grab bar. USE EXTREME CARE getting out of the tub, as the situation is dangerous and you may be subject to taking a fall, as it was in my case.

The day time "customer helper" was the highlight of my visit. He bent over backwards to help me and make sure my needs were met.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

so-so
    • Deluxe Double Room

d room is too small for large luggages. the fact that we were not able to use handy as previous tenant screwed the gadjet and need to be send for repair until the day we checked out 👎

close to amenities.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Small rooms and I'm disrepair
    • Deluxe Double Room

The window was broken, the sink in the bathroom was blocked and the room even though it was supposedly upgraded, was tiny. There seems to be no soundproofing at all

The staff were friendly

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

i teaerved in rhis hotel as 4 stars in hydpark when i...
    • Deluxe Double Room

i teaerved in rhis hotel as 4 stars in hydpark when i arrived i found out it shouldnt be more than one star room i reserved is deluxe double room after went in and wait half an hour in the reception to check in found out the room is bwry small with single bed and when i complained the offered me ro some other eooms i had a look for orhers and was surprised that they are showing all same size off rooms anout 2.5 mtr 2.5 mtr shower is 1 mtr c 1 mtr max and bath room bery bery small no ody understood what iam talking about and staff keep saying yes but this is victorian hotel thats why unbelievable i never stayed in 4 stars hotel with the rate i paid and so bad this is what happened the last night after i spent 8 nihhts in london and sheffield in the best hotels so be careful before you reserve the pictures not what i saw

Excellent location, great staff, would stay again.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Room is smaller than others I have stayed in in the area for a similar price, but it was perfectly acceptable for a short stay.

Really great staff who went out of their way to be helpful with a couple of requests. Very clean and excellent location, only a couple of minutes walk from Queensway and Bayswater tubes, loads of shops, restaurants and cafes and Kensington Gardens. I would definitely stay here again.

Nice room but very very small!
    • Deluxe Double Room

We booked a 'deluxe double room' however what we actually got was a very small double - so small that the bed was up against the window making it impossible to draw the curtain! The bed was not a full double. The room was more suited to a single bed. Otherwise the room was fine

The room and bathroom were both clean and serviced every day. The facilities in the room were good and request for extra supplies was very quick. Location was excellent - just a 2 minute walk to the tube station

Shaftsbury Hyde park.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Everything was good,i wouldnt change much at all. The hotel was great

The location of the hotel was perfect for our concerts in hyde park. A very nice area,with good pubs and shops.

Quaint, well located property with friendly staff
    • Deluxe Single Room

Staff is very helpful and friendly. Small well designed rooms, clean, comfortable, and located steps away from the Bayswater station. They offered to use the mobile phone in the room, nice touch.

pOOR service avoid!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Staff service is Appauling absolute scammers no

staff are rude and unprofessional! Bed sheet had a stain was woken up to A 6am alarm that was going off in my room even though I did not set it staff ruined my experience to London we’re completely unhelpful

Pretty good value for London
    • Deluxe Single Room

Had trouble sleeping my first few nights because the soundproofing in the room was no match for my noisy neighbours (soundproofing in London is generally not great to start with because the buildings are so old). Housekeeping was also loud in the mornings (my room was across from a linen closet so they were always outside). The bathroom had a minor infestation of drain flies for a few days, but I think housekeeping got rid of them. I did have a heavy suitcase that I had to lug up a short flight of stairs because my room was on the mezzanine between the first & second floors, so potential guests should know that while the hotel has a lift, it does not access all floors.

The staff were always super friendly and helpful. The cleaners are very efficient, I could leave the room for half an hour and return to a clean room. The toilet seat and lid started coming loose halfway through my stay and housekeeping fixed it without being asked. The room was small (standard for London), but had everything I needed. Good location: safe neighbourhood close to 2 Underground stations (Bayswater & Queensway) on the District/Circle & Central lines for easy transport.

Extremely disappointing, very expensive for what we got even in London.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The room was very small. It had cobwebs in the corners at head height. The shower still had the previous occupent’s Hair in the bath tub. There were finger marks and hand prints all over the bed head. When the room was refreshed the milk, water and tea was not replaced. I paid in excess of £300 for 2 nights and I expect better facilities. It was almost impossible to move around the room without one of us sitting on the bed. I will not be using this hotel again and I will actively dissuade friends and business colleagues from using it as well.

The location was ok

Location was ideal for hyde park.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Currently undergoing painting outside building so no name or number on building when we arrived. Thought it was a little expensive for room only. Pillows on bed were very uncomfortable.

Location was ideal for hyde park.

Cozy little hotel perfect for a short London trip
    • Deluxe Double Room

What other already said, the walls a very thin here. You can hear the next door people breath.

A cozy little hotel close to two tube stations and the Hyde park. The room was rather small even if this was meant for two people. Still ok if you just need a place to sleep for a weekend trip to London. The AC can be turned off which was very nice.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

• Deluxe Double Room

I had a much better experience staying here 18 months ago. This time the Hotel entrance was being renovated. Room was old and dirty. Trainee staff at the counter require more training. They were confused about our reservation when we checked in. Since the room was not yet ready, we paid for our stay and left our suitcases at the concierge. When we returned later to collect our room keys, the same lady who checked us in couldn’t find our reservation and did not remember that we had paid her earlier. They also could not remember where our luggages were stored.

• Reviewed: 9 September 2018

• Deluxe Double Room

This hotel should be removed from booking.com it's a disgrace in hart of London staff at reception from India very rude in need should be sent back to training school to learn some manners don't go near this hotel

Location was great!
    • Deluxe Double Room

Other guests can be noisy at times. Can hear them from inside the room

Location was great! Clean rooms,decent size for what we needed. Good for a few nights! Friendly staff, comfortable bed!

• Reviewed: 30 August 2018

The location is perfect with a lot of restaurants, between...
    • Club Double Room

The room’s smell is bad and i did talk to the reception to change it but they didn’t..it’s really so bad that I thought i will get sinusitis, and sometimes at night I couldn’t sleep because of the bad smell, old furniture need changing

The location is perfect with a lot of restaurants, between two stations and near bus station..the workers are nice and cooperative

Hotel was bright, clean and beautifully designed.
    • Deluxe Double Room

We stayed in room 311 which was so small that the bed was crammed up against the window and to get out of bed I had to climb across my other half. More suited to a single person.

Hotel was bright, clean and beautifully designed. Staff were immaculate and very friendly and helpful.

Friendly staff
    • Deluxe Double Room

Friendly staff Always helpful when you need them Room was cleaned everyday The list could go on there really wasn't anything bad about it

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

The staff were nice to me and I liked that they gave me this...

Way over priced in my opinion but then again I don't know what is a good price for London. The design of the triple room was too small for baby carriage to enter. There is almost 4 steps separating the first bed from the second which is more like a hallway design with two beds in the way. The staff was nice to give us the more spacious in design(square instead of streched rectangle) where we can move the baby stroller but the third bed is a single chair that converts into an uncomfortable small noisy metal based bed. On the plus side the other bed is much bigger like a king size and the room had no stairs in the way or inside. I threw the bed sheet on the floor to be changed and it was replaced on the bed with it's stain. The original triple room is not good for family with 1 older child and an infant with a stroller because of stairs and the shape and space of the room and the size of the adult beds.

The staff were nice to me and I liked that they gave me this secondary option.

Super hotel in central London
    • Deluxe Double Room

I have no complaints at all.

Everything. We got a complimentary upgrade to a club room, which was bigger and had a fridge. All the amenities were first class. The staff was super, and took care of our luggage after we checked out. Location A1. Only one short block from Bayswater tube station, shops and restaurants. We stayed here last year too, and hopefully will be back again on our next trip.

Great hotel, excellent location
    • Deluxe Double Room

The staff were excellent and very friendly and helpful. The rooms were comfy and clean and it's in a good location, with two main tube lines only a few minutes walk away.

Charger stolen from the room
    • Deluxe Double Room

I forgot my portable charger inside Apple USB power adaptor charging in the room. I called two hours after checkout asking to find it and leave at reception. When I came I was told it was not in the room and staff advised to look for it better in my luggage. This was absolutely frustrating and surprising nowadays. I suppose management should check the personnel better and guests should be aware that their belongings can be stolen.

Quite nice but could be better.
    • Deluxe Double Room

It was ok but the decor could benifit from some TLC, the shower could do with an upgrade as my standard shower at home is better also the bed wasn't very comfy.

The staff, fantastic, helpful, friendly, I would happily give them 5 stars.

• Reviewed: 10 August 2018

I have said it above.
    • Deluxe Double Room

TV not working / Safe instructions incorrect / window locks hanging by a thread room service was terrible having to wait more than an hour for ice and glasses to be delivered.

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

Comfy hotel, good air con, poor check-in experience
    • Deluxe Double Room

Took almost 20 minutes of waiting to be seen to check into the hotel. Had a travel cot set up in my room

Good location near Hyde Park. Air conditioning worked very well in the hot weather!

if your exploring london and you dont have a lot of luggage and dont mind a small room this will do

very small room, we had 2 regular size suitcases couldn't move in room

In center of a bustling area in London, close to tube station, great restaurants

my stay was excellent.I would stay again next time i visit London.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Room very small if you have lots of luggage.

the bed was very comfortable.Breakfast was excellent and facilities very clean.Room very compact but ok for a short stay.Bath room excellent and clean with a good range of toiletries.

• Deluxe Single Room

The air from air conditioning is terrible, you can smell ash. I've been recharged. When i checked in, I told the staff i've paid and showed him the e-recepit in APP. The staff told me it's only as holding and not a payment, so i paid again at reception. After i finished my trip and back home, i found be recharged and call the hotel, i've been told will be contacted later. Its already 3 working days now, not receive any call yet and the money still not back. the hotle really dont care progress, both payment and customer service.

One night stand...
    • Deluxe Single Room

The single room was small, but still very nice and clean! I would prefer a thicker duvet of a better quality. No mini bar at the room.

The room is very nice and clean; the bathroom is beautiful, perfect! Great location near Hyde park and Bayswater underground! Great staff, Joana and John - lovely people!

Comfortable stay

Room is quite small to fit our luggage on the floor.

Bed is comfortable, toilet is also very good. Staff are really helpful and friendly during all times. Location is Very near to all stations and bus stops. There’s a lift in property to bring your luggage which is important to us

Below expectations

Rooms are small

Rooms are very small, the receptionist was not helpful during our check in. We had booked 4 rooms for the family, we wanted to reduce the no. of nights for 1 room but they did not accept and we ended paying for room which we had not occupied. As we had our rooms in the basements we were about to change the hotel. The hotel manager then offered us a free upgrade. The upgraded rooms were better but still below expectations.

Good location, very kind staff.

The carpet in my room.

The staff were really nice and kind!!! They are smiling and warm. I like the location, relaxing / peaceful because it is not situated on a busy street. You can get everything you want on nearby stores and restaurants.

Overall ok.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Booked a double room, allocated a single room with a double bed (407). Asked to be moved and given 403, which was fine. Could not get a drink at 11:15 pm.

Staff were extremely friendly and efficient, location excellent and hotel and rooms clean and reasonably comfortable

Hyde park visit
    • Deluxe Double Room

I was a little disappointed with the room as it was listed as deluxe and was tiny. We were also next to the lift which was quite noisey.

Breakfast was good and beds comfortable. Shower also good.

The location is fantastic and the staff are wonderful,...
    • Deluxe Double Room

The location is fantastic and the staff are wonderful, special thank for Gabriela she support a lot, specially with my luggages and they have storage It is good hotel

Expensive for what we got. Location was great.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The size of the room was small. The furniture too close to each other and I banged into it a few times. The pictures made the room look a lot bigger. Also when we looked on Booking.com to see if they did breakfast included, the website had changed and also showed much cheaper rates for the same room we booked two months ago.

When I booked the room back in May, it said breakfast included. This was why I booked the Shaftesbury and when we checked in they said breakfast was not included. The receptionist was good enough to let us have breakfast the first day and would have to pay for the second morning.

After I had paid, the hotel claimed that they had some...
    • Deluxe Double Room

After I had paid, the hotel claimed that they had some renovation work going on and I was 'transferred' to a cheaper hotel down the road. I was not refunded the difference.

The bedrooms were very small, clean linen and towels.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The breakfasts there is room for huge improvement

The bedrooms were very small, clean linen and towels. The breakfasts very disappointing, service bad and only had breakfast once, the other 2 days went to a café near the hotel,

Quick visit to London.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Locality was great. Would use again if opportunity arises. Rooms very small so wouldn't work well for two people. Eat out every day so can't comment on meals.

Shocking

The room was so small it was like being in a coffin. Did not even have enough room to open a suitcase - nowhere to hang full sized clothes could not move.

Very pleasant
    • Deluxe Double Room

Super friendly, helpful and professional staff. Especially the front desk people. To name a few: John, Chan, Claudia, Vlad. Perfect location. Easy commute to any place in and around London. We spent a week in this hotel as tourists and were very happy about our choice.

The first night we stayed the room was comfortable.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The first night we stayed the room was comfortable. We came back a few days later and the bed in our room was extremely uncomfortable and definitely in need of being replaced.

Good location, fast wifi and clean facilities
    • Deluxe Double Room

Extremely small rooms. All furniture within the room are also small. My wife and I barely could fit in the bed. There are limited storage space in the room.

Good location, fast wifi and clean facilities

Rooms were on the small side - ended up being upgraded to a...
    • Deluxe Double Room

Rooms were on the small side - ended up being upgraded to a Club Room from a Deluxe Double. Whilst the room wasn’t as expected, the staff dealt with the situation effectively.

Location was great.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The room is tiny. There is no bath tub. Not wheelchair friendly - each floor has split levels.

Location was great. Very close to Bayswater tube & a few minutes away from Queensway tube & bus stations.

Not value for money
    • Deluxe Single Room

False fire alarm (not test) at 10am, room pics are different from booking.com, room size is ridiculously small, not sure it's correctly described on booking.com, check-in was very long, room key didn't work, bright green light at night, thermometer always shown 36 degrees therefore air-conditioning automatically was always on, it was necessary to switch it off manually, however, since the room is so small and the window could barely be opened with little air coming through, the room became a Sahara desert within minutes, so I had to wake up quite often to turn air-conditioning on and then off. Very tiring and inconvenient. TV was places to the side wall next to the bed due to size of the room so it was not possible to watch TV normallly, I still have impression that the room size is no more than 6sqm.

Really really comfy bed and nice shower room.

Great location, but wouldn't want to stay there for any longer than our 2 nights

The double bed was actually 2 singles pushed together. The bed sheets were not changed during our 2 night stay (had the same stain on both nights) Decor needed updating and there were holes in the walls where furniture was previously attached.

Staff were very friendly and the location is excellent for any activities as it is very central and close to tube stations.

• Deluxe Double Room

Rooms very small,and room was very dark due to the brown furniture,needed the lights on,also the hotel is next to a hostel which is a bit noisy at times,and on a busy road,but ok for a two night .

Welcome drink on check in,Bathroom very stylish,and clean. Good location.

2-3 stars hotel
    • Deluxe Double Room

The place is no way a 4 Star Hotel, they make you pay the full stay before you see the room. Then you see the room and want to leave immediately, but the manager is absent for 2 days so no-one can deal with you. Area is dirty, room is nothing like you see on pictures, tiny and old carpet/furniture.

They upgraded me for a Club room that was OK. This the bed is hardly enough for 1 person

Great place to stay for short break, clean rooms and polite and helpful staff.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Some noise at night but to be expected in a big city

Staff very helpful and polite, hotel in great location, with easy access to Tube station and Hyde Park.

Beautiful hotel, excellent service and comfortable room in a quiet, secure location.
    • Deluxe Double Room

We would of loved to stay longer! The room was very comfortable and we loved the location.

Beautiful hotel, easy check in and out, fantastic service by staff who were very friendly and we were treated like royalty having the door opened , taking up our bags, fruit juice on arrival and Always welcomed back with a smile and a "welcome back " after a busy day exploring. Location was amazing very close to Hyde park and Kensington Palace and tubes. Easy to get around and into the centre. Hotel room was lovely bed was comfortable and sheets were spotless on arrival. Bathroom lovely really enjoyed the bath and shower which is amazing to be given the choice. Breakfast was very good and lots to choose from, all very freshly cooked. Lovely biscuits in the room and tea/coffee facilities and toiletries which were lovely and good quality. Amazing 3 night stay we didn't want to leave! Nothing negative about this hotel a really lovely stay in a quiet, secure location. Can't praise the staff enough for their assistance, kindness and They looked the part to match the Hotel. Also thank you to the lovely lady on reception who took some lovely photos of myself and my partner before going to an afternoon tea at the Ritz. Very much appreciated and kind of you! Thank you very much and hope to stay again soon. (travelled as couple for 21st Birthday)

Good location but overpriced, needs renovation
    • Deluxe Double Room

The furniture was old, the walls and the carpet stained. The hotel needs renovation. In 4 days we have received 1 shower cap and the sheets were not changed - not ok for a 4*hotel. The bathroom needed more cleaning. We have spoked with the reception manager who also helped us in finding the hair dryer - by the way it is not in the bath, it is in the table drawer. Also, the amount blocked for the first day it is still blocked after almost a month, although we have paid the booking completely on our first day. We have written to booking.com and hope to solve the situation soon.

Very good location, close to park and 2 underground lines, lots of restaurants and a supermarket. The area is safe. The staff was helpful. They have received us with a welcome drink and kindness.

The size of the room was a real dissappointment.
    • Deluxe Double Room

the room was TINY. We booked a double room but there was hardly room for one person. The room was situated near the elevator and as a result was noisy.

Pleasantly delightful.
    • Deluxe Single Room

The staff was very accommodating and responsive with service. The charming location mixed with the convenient access to the shops, central London etc made for a seamlessly lovely stay.

Super clean, good value for money, comfortable room for one...
    • Deluxe Double Room

The room was a bit small which could be hassle for a longer stay, but for 1 or 2 nights would be fine.

Super clean, good value for money, comfortable room for one night, nice staff that offered me a drink upon arrival.

Very good location
    • Deluxe Double Room

The bed was too small for 2 people. The air conditioner was positioned straight onto the bed therefore difficult to regulate. the room was too small as were the two rubbish bins.

The room was clean. the shower was very good.

Brilliant value for money - would recommend

- Bed was small, more like a Queen than a Double

- Great location, easy 5 minute walk to the underground (central line), there’s also a Sainsbury, Tesco, McDonald’s, Subway, Pizza Hut, Burger King, Starbucks and much more 1 minute away across the road - Well cleaned and maintained - Lobby is lovely, very modern

Quick and unconforable.
    • Deluxe Double Room

The space in the room was tragically inexistent, the lack of amenities, breakfast and other amenities in the hotel. I think thats a problem with all the reasonable priced hotel in London. No service, reduced space, and not so qualified staff.

The Staff was helpful and the location was not bad.

Do not select this hotel!!! they cheating!
    • Deluxe Double Room

The double room was a great disappointment and is actually a single room. They promote it as "deluxe double room" but the wardrobe is for one person and the available space is not enough even to open a single suitcase! ... can you imagine what happen when two persons occupy the room! Also the last night, the roof was leaking rain water and the room floor flooded. the carpet became wet and our clothes underneath destroyed by brown dropping water! The strange bu dangerous issue is that the leak water coming behind the TV on the electric cables! We complained to concierge and they sent somebody to check however he propose us to complain to manager who was absent due to Sunday!! they gave us an email to complain and let us leave. We claimed our money back but they insist to complain via email! do not select this hotel!!! small rooms dirty bad maintenance, leaking water! no understanding

the location is very near to many places of interest and to the underground.

Hotel in good location but very cramped room
    • Deluxe Double Room

I booked a ‘deluxe’ double room, thinking it would give us a bit more room & more facilities. How wrong I was, very small, cramped room! If that was the deluxe, dread to think what the size of the standard room was. Very disappointed, value for money very poor.

The staff were very friendly & helpful

Location, style
    • Deluxe Double Room

I just wanted a good nights sleep! Had to unscrew the bulbs from the wall lights as they were flashing when I turned them off, air conditioning was poor and I was on the ground floor which seemed to have plumbing from the floors above running through my room, so listening to water running from showers and toilets above into the night. Oh and I was in a disabled room for no reason

Location, style

Staff were pleasant, location is excellent.
    • Deluxe Double Room

Rooms were as small as you'd expect for the area and the price. The bed was particularly small. The airconditioning was loud and the room was very warm without it.

Staff were pleasant, location is excellent.

Browse Shaftesbury Hyde Park International traveller photo gallery