Reviews of The Premier Notting Hill 4 stars

5-7 Princes Square, Kensington and Chelsea, London, W2 4NP, United Kingdom

#653 of 977 hotels in London

• Deluxe Single Room

I was surprised to find the air-conditioning said 19 degrees, but was just a fan. The heat woke me during the night and I had to open the window to let cooler air in. Naturally the pollution and noise of London came too. The shower was a trickle and mean I had to shower for 30 minutes instead of 5 minutes to get the soap off. If you are tall and or broad shouldered you may find the shower cubicle very tight, and the ceiling in the rooms low. The staff tried to get extra details from me, that as a UK national and someone covered by GPDR was not needed.

The staff tried to help and explain, but we're let down by their training and the equipment. The entrance was clean and inspiring. The room was clean and the location great.

• Deluxe Double Room

I wouldn’t be returning to this hotel ever again. My sisters Valentino shoes, pearls and wisky(gifts) has gone missing after we trust them to leave our luggage before our check in time,so we didn’t need to carry our luggages around town. When we got back after my sister checked her luggage the shoes, pearls and whiskies was gone missing. We spoke to the manager but the manager had a very poor response. She said that it never happened to the hotel. All my sister was asking was to check their CCTV cameras. The manager refused and it prompted us to call the police. Right now they are under investigation. BE CAREFUL GUYS this hotel and its staff cannot be trusted. C from USA

Nil

Everything was just amazing. Staff, location and facilities were outstanding. No doubt we have made the correct decision.. Will definitely rebook in future.

• Deluxe Double Room

Deluxe double rooms are very small. However we did know this before we arrived so not something we didn't really like.

Wonderful location and lovely staff

• Deluxe Double Room

I really liked the comfort of the bed but the pillows were AWFUL. So hard. If we were staying an additional night I would have asked for soft pillows. I would have liked to see a choice of pillows in the room.

We only stayed one night and our room was literally to the right as you looked at reception so we didn't get to see the hotel throughout. Our room was newly refurbished and very clean and surprisingly quiet considering the location to the front door and reception.

• Deluxe Single Room

My basement tiny single room had a loud and noisy aircon unit outside the ‘ window ‘ that went on and off with dreadful noise throughout the night . In fact I paid the same as my uncle and aunt who shared a double room for the same price as my very small single - thoroughly disappointing- staff and management were polite but frankly I should receive a full refund !

Position is good and bathroom satisfactory . Reception area pleasant .

• Deluxe Single Room

The size of the single room was too small !

Clean, great position behind Kensington palace and at 5min walking to the metro. Close to some nice pub and resturant. Breakfast good but not the best.

• Deluxe Double Room

No bar or area to sit in the evening unless your in the reception

Got a lovely room lovely staff very clean had a great sleep on the comfy beds! Big shower

• Deluxe Single Room

Location was nice, but a little further from the tube than expected, but was still less than 10min walk to Queensway station and bayswater station.

Value for money. Had everything I needed for a short stay, and was clean. Staff were friendly.

• Deluxe Double Room

Even though the room was packed with everything you need and more it made the room feel a little too compact

The staff and cleanliness were top class and the location perfect being on a side street with plenty of open spaces near by and a stones throw away from the hustle of the big smoke

• Deluxe Double Room

very bad tv quality though, maybe it was only my room's problem, however, there were few (like two) channels working. this is the only downside.

staffs were very nice and friendly, unfortunately, didn't have breakfast.

• Deluxe Double Room

We were in a room suitable for disabled people, which in itself is good, but for me, shower and sink were a bit low. Also, I found the double bed to be small...

The location is great and the staff is super friendly.

• Deluxe Double Room

We arrived half an hour before check in so had to wait to check in which was fine, but when we finally got our key and went up to our room someone else's beloinging were in our room - thank goodness they were out! We had to wait about 15 minutes for another room to be found for us.

The room was pretty small but very nice. The porter who stored our bags twice for us was very helpful and friendly. Good location.

• Deluxe Single Room

Room was not cleaned on the night I stayed. (Booked for two nights).

Small room on ground floor is a cupboard; not a bedroom. I could almost touch each wall of the room when stretching out my arms which are not unusually long. There is a window which looks out to heating & ventilation pipes.

• Deluxe Single Room

Room size was a tad small and felt cramped. But the warm and hospitable staff service more than made up for it.

The hotel is very close to the Kensington gardens and various tube stations. The staff are outstanding in service and take every effort to make the stay comfortable. The room size was v small and felt a bit cramped but the bathroom was very clean and bright. Breakfast was very good.

• Deluxe Single Room

small room/high price.. but i guess that is to be expected in this area

the whole hotel smelled wonderful (a surprising bonus) and the staff were extremely helpful/courteous close to restaurants, shops, tube (bayswater and queensway- district, central, circle lines) and hyde park, but still peaceful

• Deluxe Single Room

Manager on duty, too anxious and not flexible (just want to hear her words). Front desk same case. No place to leave luggage for 24 hours (after check out)

Location clean safe

• Deluxe Single Room

Room was far too hot, window opened only slightly. Also, the room snack bar was unavailable for my room only learned this when I rang to ask for it. Was told matter of factly once I was asked what type of room I had - it shouldn't matter as I paid for deluxe I believe. He said he would send someone to the basement to get the crisps I wished since I had no access to the bar. He ring back to say they were out of ALL stock. How could I reply to that but an awkward, disappointed "Thank you" and went to bed hungry. I also thought given what I paid for my room that breakfast should have been included in the price, and that sound proofing be better so that we don't hear neighbours talking.

Breakfast taste and free wi-fi.

• Deluxe Single Room

The room was very very small and had no view. Also people were walking up and down the stairs which were next to my room and I was woken several times during the night including at 3 am

The bathroom had heated floors and the place was very clean and well kept. The staff were friendly and helpful and the breakfast was delicious and well priced.

• Deluxe Single Room

Breakfast was not bad, but beans were not very warm. Could not get BBC on Television, only ITV and channel 4.

Nice room, comfy bed, quiet, friendly staff, good shower, tea and biscuits, free newspapers. A really nice location, handy for Kensington Gardens, museums, Royal Albert Hall. Easy tube ride to centre of London.

• Deluxe Single Room

The room was very very small. Two of the three rooms was in basment !!! No windows no fresh air. First time in my life the bathroom was biger than the room.!!!

Nice area clean and the staff very polite.

• Deluxe Single Room

The stairs in the room The room was noisy as it was just next to the elevator Some hot dishes of the Breakfast were cold

The location The price The croissant!

• Deluxe Single Room

The room was very small. Room 402. It reminded me of a Cabin on a Cruise Ship. It probably wouldnt suit a very tall/broad person.

Extremely clean. Staff very helpful. Fantastic location.

room sizes

Had to change room 3 times! Photos are nothing like on booking.com, they put me on a tiny room in the basement where you could not even open your suitcase. I had to pay extra to get moved to another room, which was also on the basement, so after arguing i was moved then to a higher floor, and the room was a decent size. So be aware they will try and cramp you into a tiny room. Location is great, but i would not recommend this hotel

• Deluxe Single Room

I had an expectation i would as a norm be allocated a room with a double bed. But ended up in a basement single bed in a 'squeezy' room.

Front of service staff very pleasant

• Deluxe Double Room

reception staff were not keen to help when asked and forgot a request made from the room and didn't make an effort to rectify it.

great room and value

• Deluxe Single Room

Basic TV channels, would have liked more TV channels as spent a couple of days resting in bed from travel.

Bed very comfy and nice bathroom, modern and immaculately clean!

• Deluxe Twin Room

Lovely, clean hotel. Friendly staff. Easy to find. Good location - easy enough to get to/ from but far enough out to be away from hussle and bussle. Rooms slightly on the small side but as we were barley in it, it wasn't an issue to us. Would be ideal for couples.

• Deluxe Double Room

The Tv was difficult to work and could not access movies or a few channels. However did not spend much time in room watching tv so was not an issue.

Lovely and clean! Great attention to detail! Wonderful friendly staff and the microwave in room is a fantastic touch!

• Deluxe Single Room

Far a way from any bus connection or underground And the room was narrow and no lift even I requested high food the putt me in first floor without lift

I like the breakfast only

• Deluxe Single Room

The bed was super comfortable and the hotel was well located a stone's throw away from the Bayswater and Notting Hill areas. Super friendly night receptionist made the stay extra special.

• Deluxe Single Room

the disturbing noise of the cleaning staff in the morning on the corridors.... very rude considering the fact that are still clients sleeping in their rooms! Plus the fact that the conversations and laughing were so loud.....! very displeased!

the ambiance was pleasant

• Quadruple Room

This hotel is pricey for the rooms available, however the hotel is exceptionally clean and comfortable.

Staff were all very helpful and friendly. Zara is a lovely person and manages the property. She was more than helpful with our questions and directions around Notting Hill area. Location is great and very close to Kensington and Hyde Parks.

• Deluxe Single Room

This hotel is definitely not a 4-star hotel if I compare it to other 4star London hotels I stayed in. There’s no mini bar, the showercabin is way too small, very tiny desk with a bad chair and the breakfast was terrible (not a lot of choice plus bad service). It would be ok for a 3 star hotel but 4stars is way too much.

The bed was comfy and the wifi was good but that’s it.

• Deluxe Single Room

A tiny basement room, described as ‘luxury’, was next door to a very noisy generator that turned on and off at regular intervals all night. TV channel reception/availability was dreadful - no BBC channels at all, so I had to watch ITV in the morning, with the odious and patronising (to women especially) Piers Morgan. Supply of croissants etc was out of synch with demand. The free newspapers in the lobby are both right wing pro-Brexit rags. The Times is tolerable, but the Daily Mail almost had me gagging into my breakfast. Some better political balance please!

Reception is quite swanky

• Deluxe Twin Room

Mmmmmmm maybe the breakfast wasn’t the best breakfast ever, but it was ok

Where do I start!!! ... the location was wonderful , the staff was friendly,nice , helpful, and sweet , every single one of the staff was outstanding... the rooms where lil small but comfortable, I actually asked to change the room for different reason , and they changed my room with welcoming smile 😊... all in all it was great experience, and the hotel staff made it even better... thank you so much

• Deluxe Single Room

It was cold. Windows are letting all the cold inside the room. Air conditioner is not working properly. But, they gave a heater when I asked. Still 10 minutes walk to the train station. Room is the smallest room I have never been. I was only able to open my suitcase. Shower is also very small.

It was pretty average. Easy check-in and out, helpful staff.

• Deluxe Single Room

The room was in the basement. A dark dungeon. I asked NOT to be put in the basement when checking in, but the staff did not seem to care. The breakfast was overpriced for what it was.

Very nice, comfortable room. Great location. Very good hours for breakfast, check in and check out.

• Deluxe Double Room

Tiny, airless double room was categorized as "deluxe" - I would hate to see a regular double. Barely enough room for two people to occupy without constantly bumping into each other. It was hot in London and although the air conditioning worked we kept the window open to avoid feeling like we were suffocating. Our hair dryer exploded when we tried to use it. Terrible water pressure in the shower.

Hotel located in a great area of London near Kensington Garden and close to tube station.

• Deluxe Twin Room

The water pressure of the shower was too weak in my opinion, so this has to be fixed. But otherwise a very nice bathroom with lots of space, shower gel and shampoo and clean towels. There was also a bath tub, but I did not have the time to try it.

The bed was really comfortable, and the hotel was very clean. Staff was friendly and arranged for me to drop of my luggage before check-in time. The room was well-equipped, for instance it had a water boiler and awesome AC system that you can turn on once it got really warm inside.

• Deluxe Single Room

I stayed at deluxe single room and its TINY. I am sure the size is mentioned in the description but well my bed I didnt pay attention. Its very very small..

grea location - close to multiple tube stations and surrounding area is great - restaurants, supermarkets, gym. Hyde park is close too!

• Deluxe Single Room

Way too small rooms, even though I stayed in small rooms before. Feels like you are in the toilet of an airplane in terms of convinience

Location: 5 mins walk to 2 subway stations with 3 different lines. 5 mins away from Hyde Park

• Deluxe Single Room

Air conditioning didn’t work properly and not easy to use. Shower could of been more powerful. But nothing major to complain about.

Extremely good budget hotel. Great bathroom for the room and price.

• Deluxe Twin Room

The little green light on the ceiling that was permanently on. However we still slept ok.

The great location, a great local pub, easy walk to Portobello Rd and Hyde Park. Comfy beds, very good service on reception

• Executive Double Room

Our room was in the 3rd floor and it was undescribely hot, since the ac was not working. I do not why the temperature in the room and the entire floor was that high. The pressure of the water in the shower was not that strong.

The location was ideal, if u like the Portobello/Notting Hill area.

• Deluxe Double Room

Terrible bedroom in the basement with horrendously loud air conditioning units right outside the ‘window’. Had an awful nights sleep. If you stay here, make sure you request a room above ground!! Outrageous to charge what they do for a tiny room in the basement, with terrible noise and no natural light. ‘

The room was clean

• Deluxe Double Room

Great little hotel in a nice spot in London. Charming location in an Old London gardened square. Staff are super efficient. The room was fairly small but very comfortable. Bed excellent. Did not try the breakfast.

• Deluxe Double Room

The room was tiny and also at a slant. It was grand as we're didn't spend any time in the room but if we had to spend more time it would have been an annoyance.

The staff were friendly and always happy to help. It was in a great location and super easy to get 2 and from right in the middle off the central and circle and district lines. It is a lovely walk through Hyde park and also has a bike stop around the corner should you rent the Santander city bikes. Nice and quite at night time so it was easy to sleep.

• Deluxe Double Room

The room could have been a bit bigger to give two of us more leg room to move around.

Breakfast excellent but would have liked mixed fresh fruit and greek yoghurt with granola instead of canned fruit.

• Deluxe Double Room

Our room was incredibly small (309). We were only staying for one night to attend a friends birthday party so it was fine for a short stay however I couldn’t have stayed there for a week as there is very limited storage and space to get ready.

The staff were lovely and there was a quick and easy check in.

Nothing to fault

Front reception excellent service,nothing a problem . Sovia,House Manager, extremely welcoming. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay. Thank-you.

N.v.t.

We had a very pleasant stay, we got checked in by the manager. She was very friendly and helpful. The rooms were nice and the hotel was located in a nice neighbourhood.

• Deluxe Single Room

Lighting in the room was poor and it was difficult to use the mirrors in the bathroom to put my makeup on. The safe was out of reach - had to stand on a stool to use it. Not enough electrical sockets in the room.

Bed was comfy and had an iron and ironing board. The bathroom was was modern though the shower took ages to warm up.

• Deluxe Double Room

Fantastic staff went above and beyond. Hotel was immaculate very clean. Distant to tube station was great. Hotel room was well worth the money.

• Deluxe Double Room

- very narrow space (even can't open the Carrier. If open the carrier, can't open the bathroom door or room door. - cold room - wind in to the room by the window. - narrow bathroom - properly can't open the wardobe door (if I would open,I need to stay on the bed)

confortable bed. water presser is good.

• Deluxe Double Room

Even by London standards, the room was tiny. Not enough room for two people to stand up at the same time! It felt claustrophobic, we ended up spending as little time as possible in the hotel.

• Deluxe Single Room

I liked everything about the Hotel.

The position of the Hotel was very good! I used to take the underground from Notting Hill Gate since the path allowed me to admire the beautifull Notting Hill Buildings. Moreover it is very close to Portobello road. Even if the room was very small, it was clean and confortable. The staff was always very nice to me and very kind to give any information I needed.

• Deluxe Double Room

Staff were very friendly and helpful. We were given a free upgrade and the room was lovely and clean. The location is great, near pubs and restaurants aswell as numerous underground stations. We would definitely stay there again.

• Deluxe Double Room

It was probably the worst 4 star hotel we have ever been in. First night they have placed us in the smallest room I've ever seen in my life. It was literally, no space to put our luggage in the room. Tomorrow we changed to the room next to that one, which was bigger. The mattress was awful. While sleeping on the bed, you have feeling like the bed is filled with water. AWFUL! And now, the best part. It was cold in the room and we wanted to turn the heating on- but no, only cold air was going out of the A/C. When we called the reception, the guy said: I didn't know that you want to heat your room, just few minutes ago, someone called and said it was to hot!!!!! I will turn your heating on! So, basically, every time we wanted to heat the room, we had to call the reception to tell them that we want the room heated. Unbelievable that this hotel has 4 stars.

Only the location was good!

• Deluxe Double Room

We arrived there, we were greeted very professionally. We were early we requested a room earlier if possible they accommodate to there best ability, we got a nice room! Very helpful, polite staff. Even the duty manager approached us to find out if we were ok. We would recommended this place as very convenient for travel and close tubes, loads of food places! In general it was excellent, will definitely be back. Thank u

• Deluxe Single Room

The staff were very accommodating to my needs when I spoke to them about changing room. Instead of giving up they openly upgraded me. The staff are what made the stay pleasant

• Deluxe Double Room

our mattress was too soft and we rolled to the middle... maybe needs to be changed. ( room 805). wanted to mention this by check out but totally forgot.

friendly staff.

Breakfast ok but not great, mushrooms tinned? tasteless & rubbery, no bacon, sausage poor, but eggs very good & a wide variety of other food. Orange juice poor. Better value, choice & quailty at a cafe nearby. Bottom sheet on beds didn't tuck in properly so came undone , too small? Bed wasn't remade with the bottom sheet tucked in by house staff. No decaffinated tea & someone had to go off to find decaff coffee which came in a tube.

Rooms were clean, well decorated & of quality. Useful having the iron & ironing board. Staff very helpful, always spoke to you when you went in & out. Good at finding things out for you. Lots of restaurants very near by with a variety of types of food. Quiet road & although next to the lift we couldn't hear any noises outside the room. Beds very comfortable. Couldn't hear the toilet filling - good. Lots a really hot water. Would recommend.

• Deluxe Double Room

As mentioned in other reviews, rooms are very small indeed, but this did not make our stay unpleasant in any way.

Super clean! Very good location, gorgeous area around and many nice restaurants nearby.

• Deluxe Single Room

The main problem is that basic rooms are extremely small and therefore it was not the most pleasant stay. Almost no place where to put your luggage. Also, there was not even a real window... which is a shame as you cannot get fresh air. If you stay just for 1-2 nights, it might be okay, however for more I would suggest staying elsewhere. However, the staff is nice and the room was clean, so no complaints there. The location is very good and overall, I would recommend for those who are staying only for short period of times.

• Deluxe Single Room

The single room was a bit cramped

As a returning customer, I have absolutely confirmed my extremely positive impression of this establishment. Not only is the hotel very clean and scrupulously maintained but the staff is incredibly helpful and go way above and beyond to accommodate each customer’s need

• Deluxe Single Room

Very small shower and small room

It is well located in good area! Very clean rooms and very modern with good furnishings! Just extremely small room as well as small shower! For good night’s rest it is very good and excellent priced! Very comfortable bed and friendly helpful staff

• Deluxe Single Room

Nice bed and decor, excellent staff...Ali at reception was smiley and so good and Julian so professional and nice helping me with suitcase and my I phone not working..these two are gem employees at the level of a 5 Star premise

• Deluxe Double Room

First room offered was far too small. Requests online ignored. Offered a larger one in the basement but meanwhile a hostile remark “I hope your husband isn’t using that room !” Outrageous way to treat guests. Of course he wasn’t. Several other clients kept coming back to reception not happy with their rooms. Did not use the restaurant but didn’t like the sound of chicken sausage

Good location near restaurants and shops.

• Deluxe Double Room

Great hotel, friendly staff and helpful. Room was very clean tidy and had all the facilities in the room including hairdryer, ironing facilities and tea and coffee, perfect for us

• Deluxe Single Room

the room is too small "cell like" - the shower was almost too small to use - the first room I got the Air-con was so loud I couldn't sleep - the second room was called a Club Room - it was slightly bigger and the shower too.

The area is good - lots to do in he area - good restaurants and good tube links

• Deluxe Single Room

Very small single room. The smallest bathroom I have seen in my life. Badly designed too. Not enough knee space when you are on the toilet!

Very clean and a very quiet neighbourhood in walking distance from underground station.

• Deluxe Single Room

The aircon was not working properly in my room (Could only set it to 28°C). The concierge told me I need to let it heat and then turn off and let the temperature drop down again... After an aweful night, I complained at the reception and he immediately fixed the issue...

• Deluxe Double Room

The room wasn't massive, but 100% exceeded expectations for the value. Really nice as well.

Really great service, i was surprising my sister for her birthday and they made it extra special with a free room upgrade and fruit platter. The staff were really lovely, and the room itself was cosy and great value.

• Deluxe Single Room

Room incredibly small for a deluxe single bedroom. A fan or something that sounded like a plane engine kept working throughout the night every 10 minutes. I made a request a week prior to my arrival that was completely ignored. I’m not the complaining type, therefore I didn’t complain but certainly I’m not coming back.

Staff were very polite all the time.

Browse The Premier Notting Hill traveller photo gallery