View vacation packages to

2. UK hotel reviews
  3. Greater London hotel reviews
  4. London hotel reviews
  5. Reviews of Shangri-La Hotel at The Shard, London

Reviews of Shangri-La Hotel at The Shard, London This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

31 St Thomas Street, Southwark, London, SE1 9QU, United Kingdom

#10 of 1,068 hotels in London

9.7

9.7

Verified guest reviews from real Bookers

Real Bookers. Real stays. Real opinions.

Read more– opens a dialog box

• Reviewed: June 17, 2019

Location is great, the facilities were fantastic and most of...
    • Premier Shard King Room

Everything over our stay was exactly what we had hoped it would be, apart from the Gong restaurant - we were told they don't take reservations (by more than one person) but that it would be ok as residents get priority. Then when we arrived for a pre-dinner drink we were asked if we had a reservation and then told they were full because they'd taken so many reservations! It was very disappointing to be honest and quite annoying, the staff in the other restaurant were very accommodating and did their best to find us a table, but upstairs they were verging on rude.

Location is great, the facilities were fantastic and most of the staff were really lovely.

• Reviewed: June 9, 2019

Perfect!

No faults.

Everything about our stay was spot on, from rooms to food to the polite staff. Always felt welcome wherever we went within the hotel. Would highly recommend staying here!

• Reviewed: June 9, 2019

All I wanted it to be
    • Superior Shard King

The white toast at breakfast-only a small complaint but it was thin and dry and very boring.

The most comfortable bed ever and the view from the 46th floor-cannot be beaten

• Reviewed: June 7, 2019

Quiet and High-up Digs in Central London
    • Superior Shard King

Nothing really. A bit pricey. I'm not fancy, so I don't necessitate the attentive treatment, but I understand that's how the staff is trained.

I wondered about staying at the Shard, because it's essentially a skyscraper. But the room and location were excellent, especially for sleeping, which is important for people dealing with jet lag. I liked chatting about soccer with the nice doorman Errol.

• Reviewed: June 3, 2019

Not worth the amount I paid
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

I paid £699 for one night and didn’t think it was worth it at all. The robe in the room was ripped, the iron chipped, the tv in the bathroom mirror didn’t work and despite me emailing the concierge several times to tell them the stay was a present for my boyfriends birthday, no one said happy birthday at check in. There was a small brownie in the room with a happy birthday chocolate on it and a card addressed to the wrong person (they asked my boyfriends name and age ahead of check in, the card was addressed to me). Breakfast was good (the food) but I had to ask three times for a cup of tea, and eggs cooked anyway other than scrambled incur an extra charge, which I don’t think is justified. I asked to see the menu to see the charge and waited 15 minutes until I decided it wasn’t worth it. Small details make a huge difference and I think these were missed. This was not worth £699 and I will not stay again. I would urge other people to reconsider this hotel, you can get the same view from a bar for the price of 2 cocktails. Overall I was really disappointed. I had saved up to make this a special present and I feel like I wasted my money.

• Reviewed: June 2, 2019

It was a nice experience, however not worth the money.
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

I think the reception service was not good at all. I could feel that they were judging guests based on their looks.

The location was great. Food was excellent. The view from my room was a big YES! And also the heating on the toiler was a bonus :)

Views were great.
    • Superior Shard King

Gym was small, not really a gym just aerobic equipment really. Pool was small. This is an expensive 5star hotel and you had to pay to have a boiled or poached egg for breakfast. Only in the UK!!

Views were great. Staff very friendly. Room spacious enough and quiet.

• Reviewed: June 2, 2019

Beautiful Hotel, Fantastic Views - Check the family room bed situation!!!
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

We booked a family room and the extra bed was a fold up bed which was not very comfortable for the rate we paid for the room all beds should have been luxurious. When going to the bar at 5:30 pm we could not get a seat and were offered standing room only, I would have thought people staying with them would have more priority.

Views were amazing, the bedrooms are great. The hotel is luxurious clean and friendly.

• Reviewed: June 2, 2019

Have stayed here a couple of times and generally good. Expect a little wait when ordering drinks.
    • Superior Shard King

Room not ready when checking it at 17.00 which resulted in our party split up across the hotel when we had previously asked to be next door to each other

Staff very attentive and service generally ok

Everything!
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

The stay was perfect! Great staff. Great facilities and wonderful building. My wife did pick up on one thing she would have liked though. We were in a premier suite and there was lots of storage, 2 raised sections to sit or put bags and a desk for working at in the lounge. However no dressing table as such. The 2nd raised section was not necessary in our opinion. This is a very minor issue in an otherwise perfect hotel.

Everything! It was an amazing experience!!!!

• Reviewed: June 1, 2019

Fabulous and memorable
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

Nothing at all, some would say that the price of food and drink is too high but when you stay at such a hotel you should expect to pay more for the service, experience and attention to detail.

The attention to detail, everything was perfect

• Reviewed: May 31, 2019

Vegetarian breakfast was amazing and the view from the...
    • Superior Shard King

Vegetarian breakfast was amazing and the view from the restaurant in the morning was fantastic. Had a great weekend with my husband at the hotel for their 5th anniversary.

• Reviewed: May 31, 2019

Best among the rest
    • Superior Shard King

Nothing, like everything about this hotel

Excellent staff's all round, great communications and very polite and helpful. Lovely bed, great breakfast. Check in and and check out staffs expecially are the best I have come across in London so far. I'll surely go back again and will recommend it for anyone who want a quite relax excellent hotel in a busy London city

• Reviewed: May 30, 2019

Good, but for what you pay - you would hope that the service would be a lot better.
    • Superior Shard King

I was told that there would be a birthday cake for my husband, for when we arrived. This didn't show. Tried to call concierge twice, did not get through on both occasions. Changing rooms for the skypool hadn't been cleaned- we were baffled that there was only one changing room!

Loved the welcome that we received when we came to the hotel.

• Reviewed: May 30, 2019

Fantastic!!!!
    • Premier Shard King Room

The buffet breakfast was very good but I would have expected an a la carte breakfast for this luxury hotel.

The views were immense and our suite was fantastic. The infinity pool on the 52nd floor was fantastic.

• Reviewed: May 27, 2019

Views of London & palace service : totally worth the (high) price
    • Premier King Room with City View

In room food (burger in our case) was fine but not up to the rest of the standards, and especially not good value for money at all.

Outstanding views and service : what you see on the internet is actually how the view is : majestic, breathtaking, we had a Premier City View room and got the chance to get one with a bathtub facing the view, absolutely gorgeous. Excellent service, it is pricey indeed, but well worth it : palace service + the view makes the experience worth every £. Buffet Breakfast was marvellous

• Reviewed: May 26, 2019

We stayed in a deluxe room at the hotel all I can say is...
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

Nothing at all it was all perfect

We stayed in a deluxe room at the hotel all I can say is amazing from entering the hotel to leaving :) we had our 6 year old boy with us and could not have wished for a better place to stay unreal thanks to all the staff etc

• Reviewed: May 25, 2019

As a treat for my wife and myself, I will be booking again. It is pricey but worth it.
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

Room next to ours made a lot of noise ALL-through the night, music, talking etc, even at 4am! Being stopped at the entrance and being asked if I was staying at the hotel. So because I don’t wear a suit and turn up in a Bentley it’s assumed I’m not good enough to stay at this hotel?!!!

The whole experience was amazing. The view from around the hotel and our room was breathtaking. Facilities in the room were top notch.

• Reviewed: May 20, 2019

Fabulous shard stay
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

The only thing I could fault was the cocktails at the gong bar I picked a few from the more expensive menu that looked like you got a glass that was out of the ordinary which is what you would want when your paying £22 and upwards for a cocktail and all 3 of them came in a plain glass but they still tasted lovely just a pitty the presentation I was expecting didn’t happen

We loved everything about our stay the staff are fabulous the place was so clean room was just simply amazing the view was unreal we loved our swim before we checked out pool with a view and what a view it was

• Reviewed: May 18, 2019

The Iconic London Hotel
    • Premier Shard King Room

This really is a great place. Perhaps the most iconic location in London. Great views, wonderful service, beautifully designed and equipped. Borough Market and Tate on your doorstep. They don't have lots of rooms - the shard is getting pretty narrow by the fortieth floor - so it's quite exclusive. It's not the cheapest place but it is well worth every penny.

• Reviewed: May 18, 2019

Nice hotel but doesn’t warrant the price
    • Premier Shard Suite

Journeyed for a honeymoon stay which wasn’t acknowledged at all by the hotel although they were Made aware of this before arrival. Arrived on time for check in but weren’t allowed into our room for over an hour. We were offered a different room to the one we booked as apparently there was a stain on the carpet in the suite we wanted.

• Reviewed: May 17, 2019

Brilliant, enjoyable stay...
    • Iconic King Room With City View

Only things I can think of was somewhat limited range of TV channels - did not seem to be able to find BBC1 - oh, and that the toilet seat was set a bit too hot for comfort! (and took time to work out how to reduce from hot to warm)

The view was magnificent, personal service very personal Very helpful to have conducted tour of our room showing all the facilities Shower and bathroom wonderful, bed gave great nights sleep.

• Reviewed: May 15, 2019

Wonderful room, stunning views, great facilities and excellent staff. Breakfast was great too.
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

Only thing I could think of was the bathroom heated flooring didn't seem to be working (or not particularly effective) but a minor thing. It would also be good if their was some sort of priority for guests when booking the restaurants.

The location and the view was spectacular, and the rooms were immaculate. I also particularly liked the Infinity Pool on the 52nd floor

• Reviewed: May 13, 2019

An unforgettable anniversary for my wife and I. Marvellous hotel and staff.
    • Superior Shard King

Cannot say that I truly found anything I did not like....

The sky pool is mind blowing. Swimming on the 52nd floor in lavish surroundings with a view to die for is at the same time; surreal and decadent and yet an absolutely amazing experience for anyone!

• Reviewed: May 10, 2019

The view from the room was incredible.
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

The view from the room was incredible. Pictures don't do justice. The staff went over and beyond to make me feel comfortable. I loved staying here and will stay again soon.

• Reviewed: May 9, 2019

Hotels staff excellent and the views from rooms
    • Premier King Room with City View

For a five star plus price point you cannot allow guests to have a room with permanent stains on the carpet - if you cannot clean it then replace it

Hotels staff excellent and the views from rooms

• Reviewed: May 7, 2019

So incredible, it’s hard to put into words
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

My girlfriend and I stayed the night in the Deluxe City View room. The entire experience from start to finish was just unbelievable, we were treated like royalty! The price is steep but you get you pay for and in our opinion, worth every penny. The Gong Bar was one of the highlights of our stay! Must visit!!

• Reviewed: May 7, 2019

No hotel, will never compare to the Shard. Breathtaking views.

Absolutely nothing.

What a fantastic hotel. They not only upgraded our room for free. They arranged a birthday cake for my partners birthday. So polite and friendly. Absolutely would recommend.

• Reviewed: May 5, 2019

Worth it to enjoy one of the best big city views ever
    • Superior Shard King

Breakfast very limited for such hotel standard and price, not really worth it A bit too many customers exterior to the hotel going to the 52nd floor bar, makes hotel customers feel a bit less intimate

One of the best big city views you could ever get in the whole world Exceptionnally beautiful bathroom Extremely comfortable bed linen Very modern gym room that lets you enjoy the views of the city from 52nd floor Relaxing spa, not crowded at all around 14:00

• Reviewed: May 3, 2019

The friendliest staff I’ve met!
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

The £600 price tag doesn’t include breakfast or evening meal which is a little steep. The evening meal was very expensive even compared to some high end London restaurants

The room, the staff and the pool! All incredible!

• Reviewed: May 2, 2019

Enjoyed and will go back
    • Superior Shard King

On our last day dinner , we were assigned a table that had no view and the restaurant was a bit cold and service was not as great as the other days but the manager that was working from afternoon was real good and tried to make up for bad service by keeping us engaged in conversations that was real great

Ambiance , attention to detail, friendliness of staff , interior decoration and hotel design .

• Reviewed: May 2, 2019

Tallest Hotel setting the Highest Standards
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

Lifts only go to certain floors so for example; you have to leave the hotel and go outside and then re-enter and go through security, then get another lift to get to certain restaurants/bars. There should be direct/vip/hotel guest access. Though this is clearly a design fault in the building and not that of the hotel. No jacuzzi, steam room, sauna etc which is what one would have expected. Swimming pool is a wee bit small and children were in there during adult swim times.

Hotel is beautiful and the deluxe/suites are stunning. View from the bedroom and bathtub next to the glass is breathtaking. Restaurants are amazing First Class Service and friendly staff from the moment we booked Bed was huge and comfortable Lots of glasses and In room amenities Gong sky bar is beautiful with lots of fabulous cocktails

• Reviewed: April 28, 2019

Landmark building and amazing views/ staff were...
    • Superior Shard King

Only slight downside was that the decor was very plain. The room itself was lovely - corner unit so 180 degree view of London, but the decor was very ‘business hotel’. It was a bit disappointing given we had booked as a couple for a birthday treat. I would have expected something a bit more luxurious and romantic.

Landmark building and amazing views/ staff were incredible and the bar is lovely.

• Reviewed: April 25, 2019

The hotel is clean
    • Iconic Shard Suite

We were given a room that looked different from the pictures, although we paid £1,400.00 per night for the room, the room had a completely different set up and we were given an excuse that the room we received was within the same category because of the size etc. However we booked the room for a specific reason and felt completely deceived, I believe a 5* hotel should not be allowed to misrepresent rooms and offer rooms that look "similar" to the pictures, at this level I expect to receive exactly what you pay for. Breakfast is not very good, I have had better breakfasts in 4* hotels, options are fairly limited and I would definitely call it an average breakfast, very basic. Given my experience I would not recommend the hotel

The hotel is clean The rooms are modern and clean

• Reviewed: April 24, 2019

Good Stay but not amazing like other stays
    • Premier Shard Suite

Shower leaks The remote for the TV in the bathroom don’t work And As I was coming out from my room I crossed one of the staff that does the rooms and simply glared without an acknowledgement. I have been before and it was a better experience

• Reviewed: April 23, 2019

More than a 5 star hotel. A truly fantastic experience!
    • Iconic King Room With City View

We didn't like leaving. Everything else was perfect - well, if I was incredibly picky (just to say something) I would say that there could be a better choice of eggs as part of the breakfast;) but even then they made me eggs to suit my diet and the breakfast was delicious.

An absolutely outstanding experience in every way. An amazing hotel with the most fabulous views of London. The staff were extremely attentive, professional, knowledgeable, efficient and friendly. The room (Iconic King) was beautiful and perfect, like a suite, with the best views of London I have ever seen. We were also lucky to have a bath with a view (not all iconic rooms have them). The swimming pool is also simply luxury in every way, with infinity views across London. But it was the service that was so special, from the afternoon tea waiter who kissed my daughter's hand, to the pool staff who hand you the towel as you leave the water, to an exceptional dinner waiter, great check in staff and a manage who found you at breakfast to check if everything was OK, and an anniversary cake in our room - and other staff who knew it was our anniversary, to the doorman who wished us a happy onward journey. Everyone was genuinely wonderful and incredibly well trained and motivated. Simply superb, and a step above all other five star hotels I have stayed in. We were so sad to leave.

• Reviewed: April 22, 2019

Unforgettable
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

Breakfast and drinks were pricey but it’s the shard in the middle of London so it is to be expected.

The staff could not do enough to help you they were brilliant, the room was immaculate and the coffee machine was fantastic. The bed was the comfiest bed we have ever stayed in away from home and waking up to the view was incredible. Only problem we had was the air con was not working properly however as soon as we rang for it to be fixed the problem was sorted ASAP!

• Reviewed: April 22, 2019

*The views.
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

*The views... WOW!! *The bath with a view was lovely & so relaxing at night. *The bed is very comfortable. *The Staff are amazing & we liked that they weren’t over the top posh wise! *We felt very comfortable & not out of place for a more up market hotel. *The little touches the hotel did for my husbands 30th was so lovely.

• Reviewed: April 17, 2019

Excellent staff the service is unreal they make you feel...
    • Superior Shard King

Service charge/vat is a bit pricey for restaurant

Excellent staff the service is unreal they make you feel very welcoming and comfortable!! Room was great with nice view of city as expected . Tv in bathroom mirror and heated toilet seats were amazing , what more can I say !

• Reviewed: April 17, 2019

One of the best experiences I have ever had
    • Superior Shard King

One female member of staff in the cocktail bar was abrupt and unpleasant luckily the gentleman behind the bar made up for her poor attitude

The room view was superb, the reception staff were amazing and so lovely along with the concierge

• Reviewed: April 16, 2019

Wonderful, just wonderful
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

Nothing - this hotel is just perfect

The staff were wonderful. Always welcoming and friendly. Thank you so much for the birthday cake and to the concierge for arranging a table in Hutong at such short notice. All in all I can highly recommend a stay at this fabulous hotel, oh and the views are probably worth a mention too.

• Reviewed: April 15, 2019

Amazing!
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

Consider siting the tv into the console or at the end of the bed so that it sinks out of the way to make the best of the view

Everything from staff to room to food were superb. The cake left in the room for my wife’s 50th birthday was an extra special touch and the view out of the window was amazing

• Reviewed: April 14, 2019

Better than expected
    • Superior Shard King

When we arrived we were told that there was a room that had a city view available. I had initially booked the south view with a bath, but were told that the city view room did not have a bath. We decided to go with the city view, although this room didn't just have a bath, but actually had a disabled bathroom. We eventually decided to go to our original room, although felt like we should have been told about the bathroom at reception. The rooms are also not soundproof as stated.

The hotel is a lot better than we expected. The room was lovely - we had a bath which had amazing views. I 100% recommend Gong bar - the cocktails are very nice and staff are really friendly and accommodating.

• Reviewed: April 14, 2019

A wonderful hotel with beautiful friendly staff

Couldn’t fault it.

Everything!! We have travelled all over the world and stayed in some beautiful hotels but this one was by far, the best. A wonderful celabration weekend.

• Reviewed: April 13, 2019

Very pleasant!
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

I would expected more facilities for a hotel of this standard and price point, for instance a steam room and/or sauna. A retreat for the adults while the kids with armbands are splashing about in the pool!

Great buffet breakfast with lots of choice. Lots of staff on hand to help. Room with a fabulous vista!

• Reviewed: April 10, 2019

Lovely relaxing stay, lovely staff, lovely food.
    • Superior Shard King

The weather!! Subtitles not working on BBC programmes!! No inclusive access to the viewing platform at the top.

The views. A limitless birthday cake, lovely. Mechanised curtains. Heated toilet seat Television in bathroom

• Reviewed: April 9, 2019

It was not cheap but as a whole experience I felt you got...

Breakfast could be a little cheaper.

It was not cheap but as a whole experience I felt you got value for money. The views and the hotel itself are beautiful. The hotel rooms are bigger than many you get in London and are designed in the nice asian fusion style you expect from a shangri-la. The staff were exceptionally attentive. The food also was not cheap but again I felt - especially dinner- was worth the money. I felt breakfast was a little pricey but everyone enjoyed what they had. We used the pool and that was a great experience. I love the secret door that opens with the key card. Again the views from the infinity pool were incredible.

• Reviewed: April 4, 2019

This is an excellent hotel, all the staff from high end to the cleaners always had a smile
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

Hot food dishes require keeping topped up, all pots were very low of items I.E sausages, bacon, etc We asked waiters several times for items I.E. toast, cutlery

High-quality food Window views excellent

• Reviewed: April 1, 2019

Loved the room and the 52nd floor
    • Superior Shard King

Breakfast staff were poor.

The breakfast was poor, buffet was cold and scrambled eggs looked like it had been sitting in a desert for a day. I complained and was informed we would get new eggs brought to the table, this did not happen.

• Reviewed: April 1, 2019

Sublime experience!
    • Iconic King Room With City View

The only thing we missed was a Jacuzzi. This would have been fantastic whilst watching the sunset.

EVERYTHING! Views, Staff, location, Sky pool, bathtub overlooking the city, amenities, facilities, bed linen, cocktails. EVERYTHING!

• Reviewed: March 31, 2019

Awesome Hotel
    • Superior Shard King

Very expensive Booked a suite thinking we would get a bath in the window as the pictures show Turned out not available and we ended up with a standard room with accessible shower !!!!! Kind of took the edge of it

Awesome Hotel

• Reviewed: March 31, 2019

We are lucky enough to be repeat guests. Each stay, the enjoyment, and relaxation gets better.
    • Premier King Room with City View

Cant think of anything... Obviously this is not a cheap hotel, but for a special occasion it is well worth the extra expense.

Superb breakfast, so much choice, and take as long as you like. staying in such a magnificent landmark building allows an extraordinary view over the capital. On both occasions we have been lucky to have warm sunshine, and a room overlooking Tower Bridge, with the City skyscape beyond. It is impossible to tire of that view!

• Reviewed: March 28, 2019

A perfect 20th Birthday present will definitely return 😊
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

The drinks were extremely expensive ! £81 for four cocktails or maybe that’s just London prices ?!

Both the room & view were amazing, we were very well looked after, l went with my sister to celebrate my 20th birthday & enjoyed every minute.. A complimentary glass of champagne when we checked out was a perfect finish to a perfect weekend.

• Reviewed: March 24, 2019

Iconic view (we had a city view delux), extremely...
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

Pricey - the amazing location warrants a high price but the bar and food prices seemed a bit high.

Iconic view (we had a city view delux), extremely comfortable room and very helpful staff - a very memorable weekend.

• Reviewed: March 23, 2019

A good experience but wouldn't go there again.
    • Premier Shard Suite

Very masculine, business decor. Lounge area of suite had too much furniture in - you could hardly get round. Layout meant you couldn't see the view from the sofa so, as we never sat in it., it was a waste of money upgrading, should have stuck with just a bedroom. Bathroom was roasting hot with heated floor, heated towel rail and heated toilet seat! Booked a table in Oblix restaurant which you have to queue OUTSIDE to get in, even if you're a hotel resident. We were 15 minutes late for our table because of the security queue just to get in. Thought the restaurant was overpriced, only OK food but the service was terrible. Also got a rubbish table. If you're not actually sat in the window it's just an average, dark restaurant. They promised us twice they'd move us but didn't.

Good views, obviously. Great staff welcome when we first arrived. Large comfortable bed.

• Reviewed: March 18, 2019

Everything from start to finish was amazing !
    • Superior Shard King

Everything from start to finish was amazing ! The views, the room, the food and the staff. My partner and I will defiantly be back. I have told others how amazing the hotels is.

• Reviewed: March 17, 2019

Amazing stay, amazing room, amazing bathroom. Would stay there again without hesitating.
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

We had a corner room in the 46th floor which meant 2 sides to look out... however, we could see into the other room around the corner and vice versa. We only noticed this when we saw the reflection in our windows of other people walking around in their room. We had blinds, but then that would stop our view. And the TV in front of the best view was a bit annoying as sitting up in bed all we saw was the TV rather than the view.

Amazing place, great location. Wonderful staff. It was by far the most comfortable hotel room we stayed in in. Amazing and comfy bed. Great breakfast, and all in all a great stay in the Shard!

• Reviewed: March 16, 2019

Chosen venue for my daughters birthday. Apart from a disappointing dining experience, pretty perfect
    • Superior Shard King

The Ting restaurant was a disappointment for the second time. Will definitely stay at the Shangri-La again but not dine in.

The front of house staff were fabulous, friendly, professional, well trained

• Reviewed: March 16, 2019

The view was awesome and special!
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

The heating system in the room was noisy, we couldn`t really relax! The staff was a little bit of too keen to unset our table, they removed the cuttleries without asking us to see if we were already done. In our opinion the swimming pool was special, but it should have hot tube (jaccuzi) and sauna as well included in this prices.

The view was awesome and special! We would like to go back if the prices are more pocket friendly. Girls (Host team) were very friendly, and helpful.

• Reviewed: March 14, 2019

Stayed for a 50th birthday treat, the view was amazing, taking a bath overlooking London was superb.
    • Premier King Room with City View

Can't say there is anything I didn't like. Wished I'd booked another night.

The bed was very big, plenty of room for the both of us to spread out and turn over during the night without disturbing each other.

• Reviewed: March 13, 2019

We had an incredible experience at the hotel.
    • Superior Shard King

We had an incredible experience at the hotel. My partner and I were celebrating our anniversary (10/03/19) and were given a complimentary upgrade to a king room with an incredible view of the city. Our room was beautifully decorated with rose petals and Carla from guest relations sent us a thoughtful handwritten card and a gorgeous cake. Thank you so much for making this such a beautiful experience for us.

• Reviewed: March 13, 2019

The all round experience was spectacular I will return to stay in happier circumstances
    • Superior Shard King

An additional food offering of in room dining of more basic snack food item or 2.

Staff are exceptional in every area of the hotel. Bathrooms are perfect with the exception of the in mirror tv it’s positioned wrong.

• Reviewed: March 12, 2019

Overall a great experience a simple issue with my billing took a while to sort after Ideparted
    • Superior Shard King

Daniel checked us in and it was a 40th wedding anniversary trip he promised a cake but nothing materialised. Need to be careful when in full marketing flow and making the visitors staff to not over promise and not deliver For the price I was a little disappointed by the breakfast buffet and I did not feel that the quality was any better that a more modestly priced hotel and cooked to order would be my preferred format.

The views are amazing and at night it is surreal experience to see London twinkling 50 floors below

• Reviewed: March 12, 2019

Stunning hotel with views to die for!
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

A little strange that you can see into other bedrooms from your own which meant that we had to keep the blinds shut on one side!

The rooms are stunning with amazing views of the City and the Thames. A visit to the bar on the top floor is a must!

• Reviewed: March 11, 2019

Not overly impressed at all.....
    • Superior Shard King

We were disappointed with the room £400 obviously the lowest price there but it was quite small and old fashioned, no settee to see views. There was no separate bar area on the 52nd floor for residents of the hotel, we as residents were not made to feel special were placed in a queue to receive a small seating area by the window and £44.00 for two gin and tonics totally exorbitant.. pool area very tiny... I advise just visit there first before booking .. the views were nice at night (our room not facing the river obviously) but who stays in their room all day and night!!! if you want a view just book tea but check all hidden prices... overall quite unsatisfied :-(

Location was good, room clean, friendly staff

• Reviewed: March 10, 2019

A Shard of excellence in London.
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

I cant find anything to complain about whatsoever. I have regulary stayed in Hiltons,Radissons and Marriots all over the world but they all need to take lessons from this hotel.

Everything. From the time you walk towards the front door of the shard until you leave nothing and i mean nothing is too much trouble. Ive had the legendary "faultless stay" that no one else has managed to deliver anywhere else.

• Reviewed: March 7, 2019

Great hotel with internaional atmosphere
    • Premier Twin Room with City View

After checking out, room tariff was charged to my account with multiple times. I am requested to return through Booking.com, but no process is made yet.

Room is spacious. Staff is good with international atmosphere.

• Reviewed: March 3, 2019

It was my wife's birthday and our stay left us with beautiful memories.
    • Superior Shard King

The staff were very attentive. It was my wife's birthday and she was very appreciative of the small touches that made our stay memorable. The room was beautiful with out standings views. The super king sized bed was so comfortable and the bathroom was exceptional.

• Reviewed: February 26, 2019

Sky High
    • Iconic King Room With City View

Immaculate room, breathtaking view and excellent hospitality in hotel and resturant Ting. Staff are very helpful and go out their way to make your stay more memorable. We had the King room with the iconic view- well worth the extra price, since you get a view on either side and front. The staff where amazing- even at 2am they will go out your way for what you need, big or small. Will visit again; made london city feel like your abroad!

• Reviewed: February 24, 2019

Best hotel in London with the nicest rooms and best staff!
    • Superior Shard King

There was nothing I didn’t like it was amazing!

It’s hard to specify because everything about the entire stay went beyond what I was expecting from the welcome at reception to how clean the room was and how my requested prior to my stay were handled so well.

• Reviewed: February 24, 2019

Great pool, great view, clean nice bedroom. Friendly staff, but lacks some details
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

We stayed for our honeymoon and felt that given the huge expense, we should have had a faultless stay and the staff should have gone out of their way to make it extra special but they didn’t. Also a few other issues eg tv not working in bathroom, wrong breakfast order to room.

The pool was lovely. Staff very helpful. Views amazing. Very clean

• Reviewed: February 22, 2019

We have stayed in hotels all over the world we love London and you won't get better than the shard

Nothing at all

Gorgeous hotel staff friendly and very attentive lovely room with stunning view over tower bridge nothing was too much trouble gorgeous food in restaurant we will be back soon

• Reviewed: February 17, 2019

An absolute pleasure
    • Superior Shard King

James and Victor, absolute saviours, two of the most kind, helpful gentlemen I’ve came across, absolute credit to the Hotel, will re-visit on their hospitality alone.

• Reviewed: February 17, 2019

Pleasurable stay
    • Superior Shard King

Service in bars and restaurant are inconsistent and not up to the expected level. Noise coming from room all night didn’t help. Overall ok however not premium service when compared to other 5 stars hotels in London

Room, facilities

• Reviewed: February 14, 2019

A truly wonderful lavish experience
    • Deluxe King Room with City View

It was all amazing though I couldn't quite justify orderng the breakfast at just under £40

Fabulous building and location. The view from the room was breathtaking. This really is a fantastic hotel and the staff welcoming and helpful without being over-bearing

We Price Match