Reviews of Shaw Hill Hotel Golf And Country Club 3 stars

Preston Road, Whittle-Le-Woods, Chorley, PR6 7PP, United Kingdom

#4 of 9 hotels in Chorley

Better for a day break than overnight stay

It was really dated in the rooms, could do with an upgrade. The shower also needed to be looked at, poorly designed, flooded the floor. Very few power points. Breakfast is very expensive. Dining was snacks only, due to a wedding taking place.

The spa and gym looked good. The staff were friendly and helpful. Hot chocolate sachets were a nice extra.

Good sevice with a professional but friendly edge.
    • Standard Twin Room

WiFi is not good in room 30 but I was so tired I didn't care.

I was travelling north in a prewar car to a rally in the Lakes. I needed to be welcomed professionally, offered excellent facilities and food and left to recover from a tiring and trying drive. This hotel gave me just what I needed in a friendly and thoughtful way. An outstanding stay. Worth every penny.

very nice hotel, needs some undating but lovely grounds
    • Deluxe Twin Room

no air conditioning in the bedroom and no electric fans available, so had an uncomfortable night sleep; the shower in the morning had low pressure but that may be because of other guests showering at the same time.

Breakfast was excellent, staff polite and helpful

Beautiful place and location!

Bed was very uncomfortable! Far too soft and springy! Could do with a refurb, looks very residential and tatty. Price of food and drinks are overpriced.

Location was beautiful, as was the spa! Staff very helpful and friendly!

Beautiful grounds, well kept & pretty.
    • Standard Twin Room

The beds were so soft you collapsed into the middle of the bed. The hairdryer was a hose connection on the wall going back to the 1970s

Beautiful grounds, well kept & pretty.

Wonderful weekend, spacious comfortable room, staff made the stay.

The breakfast on the Sunday morning was the only slight disappointment, some dried up and had to wait for a number of items to be brought out.

There for a family wedding , excellent from start to finish, staff were welcoming and helpful.

Excellent location. Good facilities. Helpful and friendly staff.

The shower was in the bath and it was difficult to access the controls. The shower head had to be removed to gain access to the taps without getting soaked.

The bed was very comfortable. The outlook is outstanding and the leisure facilities very good. I really enjoyed the pool, quiet and perfect temperature. I found it difficult to find someone to serve in the bar in the evening and had to wait a long time at breakfast as no staff were around. The reception staff were very helpful.

An idyllic stay in a fabulous hotel.
    • Standard Twin Room

I stayed with my Canadian cos. who was truly impressed with all the above aspects of Shaw-Hill. We had a fantastic twin room with lots of room which was very well equipped. We used the bar ,restaurant and car-park all that were excellent and where we received top class service. The location of the hotel and spa is also extremely good for Chorley, Preston, Southport, Blackpool and all areas north and west whilst the golf course is beautifully landscaped for an enjoyable game.

Lovely setting but dated room.
    • Standard Twin Room

Room very dated that I stayed in for the money. Food in the restaurant very over priced with not much choice I had to order off the two course menu as I didn't like anything on the single course and they wouldn't let me choose 1 course off the set menu hard when you are on a work set budget.

The place was in a lovely setting wish I had taken my gym things to use the spa.

A beautiful building set in a quiet location but in need of some cosmetic attention.

The decor could do with some upgrading and appears tired in places. The bar chairs need to be replaced as are worn and tatty now. The members only bar appeared much nicer than the hotel bar! Food was average - beware of the chilli con carne - it has got a real kick!

Nice quiet location overlooking a stunning golf course

Overall very pleased

Lighting in room was poor and shower was terrible Very low power and going from freezing cold to scalding hot Also not the most convenient way of locking doors

It was beautiful in beautiful surroundings and comfortable and the staff were fantastic Food was outstanding

Lovely wedding venue and good value accommodation.

Honestly the room we had (18 I think) was very small, and rather warm. It was fine as a bed for the night but not sure it would have been comfortable for any kind of extended stay

Lovely venue (was there for a wedding) and staff were all friendly and attentive

Would go again and for longer than one night!.. that says it all.
    • Standard Twin Room

Slightly dated, carpets, bedroom furnishings.

Stunning location, golf course views. Wonderful spa area. Seating outside delightful listening to owls and watching rabbits!

Upon arrival they upgraded us to a bigger room.

It was really really hot in the room but nothing opening the window didn’t sort out

Upon arrival they upgraded us to a bigger room. Staff couldn’t do enough for us! Asked for a bucket of ice for our bottle of bubbles and they insisted on bringing it up to our room for us. Will definitely return!

The staff where friendly and polite, the breakfast,...

The heating was stuck on in the bath room, although not an issue on the first night as it was a chilly night the second night became unpleasant

The staff where friendly and polite, the breakfast, fantastic.

Quite enjoyable
    • Superior Twin Room

Very Poor shower facility- not acceptable at this price. Checkout time of 10.30 especially after the clocks went back. Breakfast at weekends finishing on the dot at 10.00 — too early when you are having a leisure weekend

Comfortable beds. Very pleasant staff

It wouldn't take much to make this place a really excellent place to stay!

My room was cold and the radiator didn't work. Thankfully my stay was during a slightly milder winter evening. Had it been colder outside, it would have been uncomfortable.

Overall it was a pleasant experience but it was only for one night. It wasn't busy. Checking in was easy and pleasant. Tea, coffee, biscuits and water in the room. Bath and shower over bath. Ladies serving the breakfast were really nice.

A great family party.

Rooms were very hot! Such a shame about the ceilings in the 2nd floor bedrooms, really out of place and dated. Especially as the rest of the room had obviously been recently stylishly updated. Also our shower had no “oomph”.

Friendly staff, good service, very supportive of my mother whose 80th birthday we celebrated there.

Due to my room being amazing and spacious my overnight stay was great with such amazing views.

Very happy with room but if I had the room my friend had would have felt very claustrophobic as it was so small no room to move around!

Booked a standard double room for a wedding and was very spacious with extra beds in. Friends stayed in same hotel on same night and had very tiny rooms so felt lucky to get the spacious room.

Lovely location, surrounded by golf course. Room and bathroom nicely appointed
    • Family Room

Minor problem was that I was on the first floor of the annexe, rather than the ground floor room which I had booked. As I had a young dog, it was inconvenient taking him in and out for toilet purposes, especially at 5.30 a.m. !

Breakfast good, very friendly and helpful staff at every...

Evening menu was expensive, too expensive beds were very soft but some people might like that. Really do need to update the 1970s door locks on the bedrooms

Breakfast good, very friendly and helpful staff at every turn, good gym.

Very good. Would stay again.
    • Standard Twin Room

Not a dislike but there could be a better place for residents to sit other than the bar area.

The staff were very helpful and friendly. Always greeting with a smile. The room service was excellent and the ladies servicing the rooms are doing an excellent job.

Nice breakfast room and lounge areas
    • Large Double or Twin Room

The bedroom we had was a little tired. Carpet heavily marked. This is an old property and you can hear everything in the bedrooms - we heard people sneezing and talking in the room next door and you can hear people on the stairs and in the corridors at night/early morning.

Nice breakfast room and lounge areas

We stayed here on 7th feb for the night as I had booked into...

We stayed here on 7th feb for the night as I had booked into the spa the next day. When we checked in we got upgraded to an amazing room. The staff are very friendly and the service is exceptional

Total SHAMBLES from Arrival to Departure

Pre-Booked a family room and a Twin. Arrived and was given 2 doubles. When I questioned it the receptionist said there was nothing she could do as housekeeping had already gone home.. @1530? Was then offered a twin room in the separate annex, as I had my Mothers funeral the next day couldn't be bothered to argue and had no option to accepted at such late notice. Then next morning no hot water for a shower, excuse given was someone else must have got there first... Not acceptable during the Beast From The East Storm....again couldn't be bothered to argue due to having to get away. No compensation or help offered, pretty useless and uninterested to be honest when I explained I now have to go to my Mothers Funeral not being able to have a shower. Rooms need a refurb as very dreary and drab and old damp smelling, wouldn't recommend the place or ever return.

NOTHING. Total shambles from arrival to departing and Booking.com did nothing to help when I contacted you yo complain

Average for price
    • Standard Twin Room

No face cloths in bathroom. Wooden floor in bathroom slippery. Television did not work from arrival, rang down to reception, assured it would be attended too. Still did not work when I checked out. No attention had been made to my report.

Excellent breakfast! Beautiful location and grounds.

Lovely grounds & location but hotel lacks attention to detail

Got charged twice, no WiFi, room too hot and couldn’t switch heating down & no hot water in Taps or bath Staff didn’t enquire about stay in departure

We had a welcoming and very satisfying comfortable stay and love the spa facilities. Thankyou
    • Standard Twin Room

The only thing really was we felt the breakfast is a little expensive per person at £15 per head. Previous to our last visit we had breakfast in the restaurant and my partner only wanted 2 boiled eggs but she was still charged £15 which was rather expensive for two eggs but other than that we loved our stay and this was our 4th stay so far. Many thanks to all at shaw hill

Room was amazing and very quiet and the staff very helpful and welcoming. We both love the location too.

nice room in the annexe.

nice room in the annexe. I was shopping in the area,very handy for middlebrook Bolton. sagars indian restaurant a short taxi ride, which is very good.

Leisure club was great

The hotel is very dated bathrooms are very poor showers are a joke had to ask to move rooms,double bed was like a single, shower scalded me and leaked all over the floor ,the hotel had odour smells in areas that were smelled terrible in all as very poor stay but the only good point was the leisure facilities

Leisure club was great

It was ok
    • Standard Twin Room

The rooms are a bit tired. In need of some modernisation. I was hoping for the restaurant to be open when we arrived at 8 pm on a Sunday but it was closed.

Outside of the building looks nice.

Just right.
    • Family Room

WiFi didn’t work in restaurant or bar. Shower off mixer tap rather than a thermostatic. But plenty of hot eater and all nice and clean.

Staff friendly and helpful. Bed comfortable. Room spacious, quiet and warm.

If you are an insomniac this is the place for you!

The bed was far too soft and the pillows were like concrete! We stayed in room 31, if you want a terrible nights sleep then this is the room for you! All we heard was people’s footsteps on the creaky old floor boards all night, the door banging every time someone wanted to go to reception or go outside and to top it off their was an air conditioning unit that ran constantly throughout the night and seemed to get worse in the morning so don’t know if it was something additional to do with the kitchen. We had no sleep at all! We were supposed to check out at half ten and after drifting off at 9am we were woken by reception calling the room because we were late.

The nice gentleman who was staff at the hotel and prepared our drinks at the bar

Excellent hotel that delivers a first class service.

I had a major breakdown in my car and was unable to make the hotel on this occasion. Shaw-Hill were great and understood the difficulty . I have stayed with them previously and had a wonderful relaxing holiday . Thanks again.

All was perfect for a truly relaxing break.

great place and wish we could have stayed longer than one night

the only thing i didnt like was the fact this is rated a 3 star hotel for some reason ..i think it should be 4 star

love the decor and the ambience of the hotel and despite a wedding being on there was no noise!! the bed was soft and comfy and room warm . the hotel staff are lovely and friendly and very helpful. the scones with cream and jam and coffee we had were gorgeous!!!

I hope someone from the hotel contact me about my stay and make sure things like this don’t happen a
    • Family Room

Well I arrived with my wife and little daughter five years old we checked in ok when to the room very cold had to ask for heating to put on they did so had no internet so went back to ask they turned it on I started to do my work on my pc then hours later internet went off couldn’t connect all nite to do work so I’m the morning I went back to the desk and they told me it was because of the weather so I lost all the work I did and I couldn’t finish it so I ask to talk to the manager she said in a hour they will be there so two hours later I went back manager not inn today so then nothing so I went back to the room no heating on so I ran the bath warm for my daughter because no heating was on in a family room then to my surprise I looked at my daughters bedroom and the sheets had holds inn so I had to take pictures to show someone so I went back to desk and she couldn’t help me the thing is I paid my hard earned money for a nice night for my family and all this I get and shaw hill hotel say nothing I think someone should call me and sort this out let’s just see how they act to be continued........

The gym

Beautiful comfy bed/pillows

Thought breakfast was included - so disappointed with that and not happy to pay £15 a head !

Beautiful comfy bed/pillows Generous tea & coffee/biscuits tray

Awful do not waste your money

Wasn't impressed at all checked in went to the spa which was nice , to come out go to are room to relax to find it spelt like damp and was freezing cold, looked out the window to find what looked like a dumping site off rubbish wasn't a nice view at all! checked out within 2 hours off being at the location waste of money! Reception was rude as checking out as if she couldn't wait to get rid of us so she could sit back on her mobile wasn't approachable at all. Do not make the mistake and waste your money like we did are annervisy was ruined

spa was nice and very basic, the younger staff very helpful, older staff on reception didn't seem to have a clue really though when asking for prices etc but would defo vist the spa again as separate from the hotel

• Superior Twin Room

As above No tea or milk replenished in the room. However evening restaurant staff were amazing

Reception staff in the Friday weren’t particularly welcoming - you really had to drag information out of her and she wasn’t overly friendly. We were assured we could have continental breakfast at 7 but it wasn’t set up and the lady who was setting up wasn’t happy at all

Superb restaurant and lovely golf course

Annex block was shabby with paper thin walls...sleepless nights due to bathroom fans next door, toilet flushes and voices...all very audible....a real pity.

Vardons Restaurant was very special...top notch Spa and pool were good Golf course was good

Fire alarm sounded in middle of the night, the night porter...

Fire alarm sounded in middle of the night, the night porter was slightly flustered and unsure what to do, leaving us stood in the cold and having to promt and ask him questions.

excellent comfy bed and good bed linen,restaurant menu and...
    • Superior Twin Room

dust on door frames and above picture/mirror etc fire alarm going off at 12-15 AM luckly false alarm

excellent comfy bed and good bed linen,restaurant menu and food excellent,breakfast choice very good superb eggs benedict !!

• Large Double or Twin Room

Teenagers messing around in hotel and entering our room at 11pm. No attempt to compensate us for distress after privacy invasion and being woken by unruly guests.

Very nice food & fab pool

Very cheap loo roll - spoilt a nice bathroom & totally annulled the nice toiletries! No economic value in such rubbish, will last a quarter of a half decent toilet roll!!

Quality toiletries

Check in was good, facilities were good and the staff were...

The room was extremely dated and very tired. The heating was on in the room and the temperature unbearable. The radiator wouldn't turn off. The window in the room was a sash window and wouldn't stay open.

Check in was good, facilities were good and the staff were all friendly. The staff at breakfast and the breakfast itself were really good.

Ok for one night

Mattress on the bed was very hard not comfy at all, got very little sleep because of it, food at breakfast would of been better if it had been hot,also would of been nice if eggs were cooked to order

Staff were very nice and pleasant food was lovely

Beautiful views of surrounding course.
    • Standard Twin Room

Beds were hard, older property. Access to room was a bit circuitous up multiple sets of stairs

Beautiful views of surrounding course. Property was older but well maintained

Very comfortable & all we had hoped for. The food provided for our evening meal was excellent.

Check out complicated by what was pre-paid & what wasn't caused some confusion as the party of 8 paid separately. I had phoned to arrange the 6 additional breakfasts required but I had the impression that we weren't expected ! They staff quickly accommodated us & were very helpful.

Good,comfortable facilities.

Hotel lovely building. Poorly managed
    • Deluxe Double Room

Not happy about the pricing. Massively over priced because I booked thorugh Booking.com. Was placed in a room that did not match the description. Was very noisy. We did move to a better room and again was over charged , has been resolved. The hotel switched off the Wifi at night. The pool was cloudy un swimable.

The staff very very friendly and helpful. The food was excellant. The gym was one of the best I have been in.

A great place spoiled by a terrible nights sleep
    • Large Double or Twin Room

An early night gone wrong! The noise of the next rooms extractor fan was a loud humming sound in my room (19) and kept me awake which resulted in me knocking on their door after midnight not getting to sleep until after 1:00 I felt awful the following day with an active day ahead and long drive. The reception was informed and explained maintenance would look at it.

Hotel itself was nice and pool facility good with an amazingly tasty breakfast. Some of the staff were really nice the snug room offers a nice little comfy room with a tv.

A beautiful place with great facilities- but probably best to upgrade your room if possible.

Our room was a little disappointing with no view, and was small and at the back of the hotel. Plumbing was a little noisy also.

Grounds, dining area and bar area and common areas all excellent and very lush. Bar snacks available all day in the bar area was a definite bonus. Swimming pool indoors and sauna and steam rooms plus a hot bubbling spa were superb.

Major disappointment despite memories from long ago. Would not recommend to others.
    • Family Room

Room looking tired and not clean (cobwebs in curtains, stains on bed sheets). Finish around the room (room 17)poor, sealant around sink badly done, taps leaking. very disappointed. We had our wedding reception here in 1985 and we thought it was one of the nicest hotels around. That image has sadly been destroyed. This is such a pity as it would not take a lot of effort to bring it to a good level. My sister stayed in room 24 which was beautifully appointed. Mine (17) was very poor and based on that one night in that room I would not recommend your hotel. Very sad. Paul Barrow

Staff excellent and friendly.

I stayed in room 30 which was located on the 1st floor at...

I stayed in room 30 which was located on the 1st floor at the end of a corridor. Firstly the mattress had a big dip in it which I assume was from people using it as a seat. The view from the window was of an adjacent building/window approx 10ft away with a flat roof. The window itself could fully open by lifting it up but could only be locked by standing on a chair to reach the lock at high level. I tried getting to sleep for half an hr around 10pm. Unfortunately due to the constant noise of doors slamming, conversations and music/tv noise all from below I couldn't sleep. I called through to reception to ask for ear plugs but they didn't have any but did ask what the problem was. The staff member was pleasant & said he would investigate but this didn't change the noise. When I eventually got to sleep I was woken around 2am by what I thought was a bed knocking from an intimate couple, it was in fact the electric shower that had decided to release a steady heavy drip of water. I got up and turned off the electric switch for the shower, in doing this caused the extract fan to turn on, which then decided to turn off and on continuously until I got back up and found the isolation switch located at high level. As you can imagine after leaving at 4am and travelling around the country for work all I wanted was a decent sleep. When checking out at reception, they did ask how was my stay. I mentioned the issues without kicking up a fuss which were met with not much of a reaction. I must add that the staff, golf course, evening meal and breakfast were all brilliant which made the stay more frustrating as the room was the only thing that let the stay down.

Ok but hotel skimps on basics so not what would expect at this level

One hand towel and one bottle of water for two people! Hard pillows! Expensive breakfast - cost cutting evident in breakfasts not cooked to order, poor quality juices etc. Slow service at dinner and breakfast. Order wrong at dinner. Pop music playing in restaurant somewhat inappropriate . Hotel needs refurbishment in bedrooms and changing rooms.

The pool and jacuzzi

Would stay again, nice hotel but I am interested to see their response to my email.
    • Large Double or Twin Room

Breakfast was plentiful yet both the continental and hot breakfast were self service. This means that unless you get in early, hot food is left there and the quality decreases. Dining area was very nice though, staff seemed a little inexperienced. Overall staff were nice, nothing unpleasant but I felt that there was a lacking in any personal touch, for instance, receptionists did what they had to but there was no small talk or questions as to how was our stay etc. The room was nice, we booked a double and got a large room with single bed and a double bed, but we would have rather had a room with one larger bed. The view was very poor, out the back of the kitchen. However the room had all we needed, nice big bathroom. It was a shame however, that the shower had almost zero power and we had to sit in the bath holding it over each other as the water trickled out. But it was nearly time to check out and the receptionist was not interested in our stay, hence I am writing it here and emailing the hotel directly.

Lovely room and the hotel and grounds itself was lovely. Spacious accommodation. Clean. Pleasant bar area and for a hotel like this the food was reasonably priced. Location was good, easy to find. There was good choice for breakfast even if it was all self service. Bar staff were nice.

Value for money and friendly attentive staff - good experience and would return

Just some of the room furnishings were a bit tired so would benefit from minor updates

Staff were all very helpful. They moved us to a bigger room without us requesting this so good anticipation of need and willing to accommodate this

Ok for a short break
    • Family Room

Wifi was not connecting when we first arrived took several requests to reception to get it functioning. There was no extractor fan in the bathroom to remove steam. And no bar fridge which we would have expected

Staff very friendly and flexible, I was even allowed...

No food available after 9 pm

Staff very friendly and flexible, I was even allowed breakfast ahead of the 7 am opening time which was very welcome as I was needing to get out to the Open at Birkdale.

Beautiful hotel setting, room over priced

Room small, tired looking. Bathroom basic. Overlooked by houses. Tried to over charge in restaurant and final bill. Corrected with no problems. Public areas of hotel lovely, room over priced

Beautiful setting. Staff lovely. Meals excellent.

It would have helped if breakfast had been served a little...

It would have helped if breakfast had been served a little earlier, we were there for the golf and needed to get away early. As a result breakfast was a little rushed.

Not what I expected for the location and cost

The bed was pretty terrible, we were with a wedding party and we all had rubbish night because of the very bad and overused mattresses. The hotel was just very dated and run down - old carpets with a bizarre smell, a mix match of items and furniture in the rooms, parts of the tap kept falling off on the on the bath. It had everything you needed to stay there and the breakfast was very tasty but it just wasn't worth £100.00 per night by any means, more like staying in your nans spare bedroom.

The Breakfast was delicious

Would consider going again staff, food and general surroundings plus golf course all very nice!
    • Standard Twin Room

Don't think there was anything not to like!

Every thing was good, the room was clean and comfortable, not a big room but big enough. Unfortunately the room overlooked roof tops of part of the building. However once on the golf course the views were lovely

Overall a pleasant stay.
    • Deluxe Double Room

A lift!! Warmer and quieter room.

Staff were lovely, Room was cold and noisy (apparently the heating had been turned off) Breakfast was excellent. Bit of a trudge to Room 1 on the top floor. Phew!! Overall a pleasant stay

This hotel could do better
    • Standard Twin Room

It all gets a bit outdated, needs some refurbishment. Room was in a separate area at the back of the hotel, shower did not work very well. Wifi in bar/restaurant was not working. For this price the service level should have been higher.

Great place to see. Next to golf course, nice views. Good dinner but bit expensive, nice breakfast. Good size rooms.

Stay for a family wedding

In room facilities needed a little attention Bathroom mirror kept tipping down,toilet seat wobbly,very tiny tv.Looking out of room window towards a brick wall

We were there for a wedding which is a lovely venue the food was excellent as was the morning breakfast The leisure facilities are also very nice and the views around the hotel are lovely This I a very good place for wedding

Lovely setting rooms need some work.
    • Superior Twin Room

The room was cold and tired. Although it was cold for the time of year the heating wasn't on and didn't get turned on after asking the question. Bathroom window also didn't lock which made it even colder.

The hotel was on the golf course I was playing and the staff were polite and welcoming. Food across the whole stay was great, good selection and enjoyable.

The location was pleasant being surrounded by the golf...

The public areas were crowded and noisy due to the weddings taking place. We were very disturbed by a screaming infant wanting his mummy. The room was too hot and we had to have the window left open which lead onto a roof area. The room was about half a mile away from reception which isn't ideal for people in their seventies with cases to carry. The breakfast area was a hastily converted one with little atmosphere and a carpet which needed sweeping.

The location was pleasant being surrounded by the golf course.

• Reviewed: 3 June 2017

Where not to stay.

I stay in hotels or apartments about 40 nights a year. This was a bad choice of hotel. There was a very confusing acknowledgement of the booking.com reservation by the hotel. The room was substandard, the bed uncomfortable. The maintenance & housekeeping poor, broken hw tap. Heating in bathroom uncontrollable. Dismissive reception staff. Walked away from a prepaid second night. This is a golf club offering rooms - not a hotel. Don't go there.

Their advertising.

Spa weekend
    • Standard Twin Room

Doors didn't lock properly and when we finally got it to lock and lay down for a nap, someone was able to twist the door handle around and it opened. Not good. Very rude cleaner wasn't happy and very short with us when we were told our room was ready. One glass in bathroom and only one bottle of complimentary water for a two person booking. Room bit damp in the morning which resulted in a slug on the towel. Expensive bar.

Gym was full of up to date equipment. Only one other person on there. pool and jacuzzi were fabulous. Free towel use. Check for swim lesson timings. The breakfast was fabulous. Apart from the cleaner the staff were lovely and apologetic about the Wierd door. They agree keys and doors need updating. There was a wedding reception on but we couldn't hear it from the room. Plenty of car parking spaces. We didn't have an evening meal but the burger and chips was about £9:99. Plenty of places to eat out nearby.

What a disappointment!

Very disappointed with this hotel!! We stayed at Shaw Hill because we were attending a wedding there. It is very over priced for the type of room that you get. We payed £98 for one night, but I have to say I've had much better quality rooms for £70 per night. If I attend another wedding at Shaw Hill I will be staying at the Premier Inn 1.5 miles up the road for just over £60. The rooms are nicer!!

lovely setting and the staff were great.
    • Deluxe Double Room

water pressure was poor and the shower was cold and intermittent, only stayed for one night so it wasnt the end of the world but i had to use the leisure facilities every time i needed a shower i wouldnt be too impressed.

Room was very nice but dated however the views over the course made up for this, really comfy bed and plenty of space in the room.

Lovely setting for a wedding

Parking..... very small spaces!!! Some of the bedrooms are a little old fashioned and tired looking but this is an old property so nothing worse than you would expect

Setting is beautiful. We attended a wedding and the rooms were lovely for the wedding.

Enjoyed it apart from initial contact with receptionist.
    • Large Double or Twin Room

Not knowing my car registration I was asked for make. I told receptionist it was a Fiat Panda and started to say red and she said there would not be any others of that make. What I should have said was that mine was paid for unlike most in the car park. I thought it was incredibly rude of her.

Room staff food

Rooms need refurbishment.
    • Large Double or Twin Room

Room was very tired. I had to 'repair' bathroom blinds so we were not exposed. One radiator could not be switched off, had to keep window open all night. The hotel room had NO literature about facilities that were available. Not a quality experience. Not worth £100 charged.

Staff were helpful.

Decent stay, best if you're there for golf

Room was a little awkward to find and probably due a refresh in the near future

The leisure facilities are good, although often very busy. Both dinner and breakfast were good