Reviews of 1 Lexham Gardens 3 stars

1-3 Lexham Gardens, Kensington and Chelsea, London, W8 5JL, United Kingdom

#846 of 977 hotels in London

5.9

The room was quiet and clean.

This is not a very fancy hotel, so don't expect a fancy room. The furniture was rather old, but the experience was very good.

The room was quiet and clean.

Great croissants!

The light in the elevator would flick on and off everytime you step in. the cooked breakfast tasted like it had been sitting there for ages and was barely warm. My bed had a broken caster so it rolled and squealed everytime I moved. The window weight was broken so I had to put the bin on the window ledge to keep it open. The radiator in my room was switched to off but it was dangerously hot to touch and couldn’t be turned off, I told reception and they moved me to another’s room on my first night which was great but I had to move back to my original room the next day. When I came back in the evening I asked reception if it had been fixed and they said “yes yes of course” but when I walked into the room it was still stifling hot and radiator was hot to touch. I went back to reception who told me that maintenance had fixed it. They checked and it was still hot so maintenance was called again. I wasn’t given the option to move so I had to wait in my stifling room for maintenance to arrive. By the time he got there it had cooled down a bit and so he gave me an earful about how he’d come during the day and closed it off at the mains. He made me come over and watch him open and close it, he was very rude and as a solo female traveller I felt really uncomfortable. I felt bad that he’d had to come back but really, if reception knew that there wasn’t a problem, why didn’t they double check to see that it had been fixed? If it had been fixed in the morning then it should have cooled down by the time I got back. And if it was only fixed just before I arrived, why didn’t they tell me that and apologise that the room was still warm but that it would cool down. It would have saved them a bad review and the maintenance call out fee. No initiative.

Great croissants! Good coffee, good location. Fair breakfast selection. Room size was fine for a single, bathroom small but that was expected.

Horrible stay inside the hotel and became sick on the last day but the location was really good.

The broken spring bed. The dirty room since they never change the bed sheet even. Too small for two people. Unhealthy toilet area. Never expect any greeting from the staff. Noisy sometime if your neighbor room is making noise . Daily same breakfast. You can check the unclean room photo after cleaning service on third day.

We only like the location and hopefully we paid only for the position where it's located.

Location was in great proximity to Earls Court station and...

The place is very dated and the room cramped and stuffy especially when it's hot. No room for unpacking but value for money if only staying a couple of days.

Location was in great proximity to Earls Court station and only a 5 minute or so walk to Gloucester Road. Pretty quiet area. We weren't expecting 5 star but they changed our towels everyday. Laundry down the road and a fantastic Indian Restaurant called Marsala in Barton Road.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Good location for museum mile and Hyde park
    • Family Room (6 Persons)

There was noise all night from shisha bar at the back, first night my son didn’t have any bedding as no staff member we spoke to understood English enough to comprehend we had to show them. Stains on our room and the dining room ceiling. Looked under bed as child dropped something and found empty sealy bags under there. Not impressed and wouldn’t stay there again.

Good location for museum mile and Hyde park

Bathroom is ridiculously small, can’t even turn around.

Bathroom is ridiculously small, can’t even turn around. Mattress was ok but frame ( whatever support was) tipped toward the centre of the room from the wall, hard to sleep

Disastrous

This was an experience to behold. After booking in we made our way via the stairs to the bedroom. The carpet smelled and was dirty. This was nothing a hoover could clean. The hallway was narrow and smelled. The room was tiny and bathroom was grubby and smelled. No air conditioning in room. Basically what the HOTEL was an old period house converted too long ago to give it a title of HOTEL. We checked out without staying. I'm surprised with BOOKING.COM to recommend such a place. It was a KIP

Good location, friendly and clean. Tiny room.

This was pre-paid. I don't know if it's standard practice but I was asked for photo ID 'such as a passport' - I live 50 miles away and don't tend to carry that! it's conceivable that I would not have a drivers license on me and couldn't provide a photo ID - what would happen then? Our room was taller than it was wide - quite noisy - but the worst thing was the lack of proper curtains, instead having vertical blinds, like an office, that failed to keep out much light.

The reception staff were all very friendly. The downstairs waiting/sitting-room area is very nice - comfortable and nicely decorated. It's in a very convenient location for getting to many of London's attractions.

Good location with poor conditions

Hardly used hotel and I couldn't give them more then 2stars. Room I was given, has super tiny bathroom - if You use wc, your legs might go to shover, or if you want to use sink, you have to squeeze between between wc and shower. Didn't take that risk. Beds matrace was so soft, that I literally fall trought bed and asked for another room, which wasnt much more better. Cannot open/close windows properly. Breakfest - very classic - nothing to say. Lounge area has nice interior and sofas.

Disappointment
    • Family Room (3 persons)

In the room (small family room) were no places for belongings. No bedside table or shelf. Even in bathroom were no place for toothpaste and other cosmetics, because there was only a tiny-tiny sink (not suitable for family!). I did not like the room in the basement floor.

Breakfast was good.

Room was warm and cheap

Staff were abrupt on checking in - insisted on photo ID but this was not mentioned on booking,Prior to arrival . Day Staff not particularly helpful. Never had hot dog sausages for breakfast before !

Room was warm and cheap Good location Night staff helpful

• Reviewed: 8 August 2018

The location was great.

Reception staff were not welcoming, Room and bathroom reauired a deep clean and refurbishment.

The location was great. Restaurant and housemaids were pleasant.

• Reviewed: 28 July 2018

The bathroom was ok

We tried to check in earlier but that was not possible. There was no luggage room but we could leave the bags in the dining area. The room was not clean as you can see in the photos. The room needs to be renovated. The sheets had a hole in it. The door on the balcony missed one part so it was not really closed. Anyone from outside could just go in if they have wanted to. The windows needs to be cleaned. When we came up to our room one evening the door was open and a man was standing there fixing with the tv. We did not get any information about that from the straff. When we had breakfast it was a lot of people walking around in and out of the kitchen but with civilian clothes. You could not really tell who was working there. The staff does not seem to like their job. You can tell when people do things for real with their heart. The girl in the reception was sitting in the dining area seem to study in her shift. They need to buy new beds and interior. And take away the old carpet. It would be much easier to keep clean with a wooden floor.

The bathroom was ok

Total rip off.

Total rip off. This is not a “boutique hotel,” it is a tired shabby and dirty hotel with tiny rooms with no air con, no fans in the rooms and staff who don’t care that you are too hot to sleep. It is literally like living in an oven in summertime. They don’t even bother to replace the complimentary coffee/tea/milk after your first night. Avoid.

This was the dirtiest, most run down and shabby hotel I have ever seen in London. I'm sure there is worse out there but you'd have to be looking for it... It was below hostel quality in terms of what one would expect. The hotel doesn't look like the Four Seasons in the photos but appears clean... which it is not. I refused to accept the room and requested a refund. The photos are not current. The place is a run down mess. The staff were unresponsive to my complaints. In addition, the rooms have no air conditioning, which is quite a negative given the summer the UK is having this year.

Location and the reception/common area

No AC and window ventilation is not enough for summer nights. Creaky bed and you can hear every spring in the mattress.

Location and the reception/common area

Won't go again but was satisfied with location

The room had no decoration at all and the TV was just over the bed with the cables dangling. The shower head didn't work, so much calc that the water was only dribbling. I asked for it to get changed, they just scrubbed it a bit so didn't change the problem. The phone in the room didn't work. When I left to pay they asked me to pay for breakfast that I hadn't taken. The woman receptionist insisted, I told her again I did not have breakfast there, then she called me a liar in front of other guests. I asked for the director, instead she brought me the waiter who of course confirmed he had never seen me and that he wrote down the wrong number. You never insult a client!!! Up to that point I would've gone back, but that attitude is not acceptable.

The location is perfect. Tube just 5 min walk. Safe area. The bed and pillows are the most comfortable I've ever had. The evening receptionist was extremely helpful and friendly. They have all touristic guides at hand.

Location is very convenient, safe, accessible

I was given a room w/a view of a wall. Room was in disrepair. No AC. IT TOOK 3 days to transfer me

Buffet Staff was accommodating Staff cleaning Rooms are thorough. Buffet room clean food was edible

Do not stay at this hotel

We booked this accomodation on line from australia. On arrival the room was discusting. The carpets were stained walls dirty and room smelt musky. I complained to manager who refused to refund and we moved hotels.

Only the location.

The location is excellent and easy access by train or...

The location is excellent and easy access by train or walking to all key areas of London. The room was average and bathrooms were very small. The hotel overall given the price was below expectation. The lobby area is nice and the staff was very friendly and helpful.

Good budget option for a short stay.

Could have been more flexible around check-in time. We arrived at 1:15pm Check- In was at 2pm, not able to check in a bit earlier. No locker to store bags/luggage, these would have to be left in Hotel Lounge so we waited the extra 45 Minutes to check in rather than leaving them. Room was very hot, but that due to the current heatwave, found an electric fan in the wardrobe, which was essential as no other air-conditioning.

Bed was comfortable, room was small but perfect for a one night stay. Good budget option for London. Close to Tube Station. Didn't stay for Breakfast but several cafes nearby.

Don't stay here if it costs you more than £50 for a room.

Everything else. The room was tiny, it looked nothing like the photos on this website. If i stretched my arms out I could touch both walls. There was 1 plug socket in the room, no space or window in the bathroom. The window in the room wouldn't stay open, which turned out to be a bonus as it overlooked a pile of rubbish that had been thrown down from the street above (we were on the lower ground floor). I could have paid less to stay at a chain hotel and had a far better experience. This is most definitely not a boutique hotel, it's not even as good as some hostels I have stayed at. This is the first time I have had a poor experience using Booking.com but I'll be far more cautious about reading reviews before I book somewhere again. This hotel is 2 star at best and should charge half the price for rooms.

The lobby is very lovely and it's in a great location just down from High Street Ken. It was easy to walk down to Hammersmith Apollo and there were lots of shops and facilities nearby.

Great location near to Earls Court tube station, nice pubs...

The room was so tiny, they really are incredible small. It was baking hot. They just aren’t designed well, we had a kettle in our room but the only plug outlet was on the floor under the bed so that was useless. The bathroom was tiny and the door handle and toilet seat were both falling off. The shower head had been replaced with one too big and heavy so it wouldn’t stay up. The whole place looks tired and the carpet on the stairs is a hazard. Breakfast was fine. The check in process was very slow.

Great location near to Earls Court tube station, nice pubs and places nearby, easy access to south London spots The staff were nice enough and the reception area is nice.

We will not recommend the hotel.

There simply was not rom for us or our luggage in what we expected to be a room for two persons. we were very disappointed.

the bed was comfy breekfast ok

You get what you pay for.

Very basic accommodation. Room smelled a little fusty. The rooms are tired and need a bit of money spending on them....no curtains up at the windows, just blinds and half of those were broken or missing.

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The reception areas was nice.

For one night only- and thank goodness!

Staff indifferent. Room smelled as did mattress and cushion! Weird arrangement in room with stairs leading to sleeping area. No wardrobe just hangers over the tea and coffee!! One towel and extractor fan not working and bathroom smelled of sewer. Headboard appeared to be unattached and on floor. A locked door in the room appeared to house a boiler or the shower of next room. Quite shabby without the chic. I will not return.

Entrance hall waiting area

The location is great, near to two underground stations and...

Our room was really really small and the mirror is in a position that doesn’t allow you to shave or blow dry your hair while actually seeing what you are doing

The location is great, near to two underground stations and in a lovely neighborhood. The hotel is very clean, the staff was great and the breakfast was good too

Photos looked good on website but photos can decieve.

Room Just too small shower was small and flow poor / toilet seat came off. Couldn’t open the window had to put a coffee cup to hold it open. Bed up against the wall bed took up most of the room. Just not big enough for a double and was not that cheap.

Location was fantastic.

See above ! Disappointing unsatisfactory stressful

We didn’t like being put in a room which was essentially just a cupboard in the attic in 25 plus degrees heat with only one broken skylight . The skylight window could only open up one way and that was into the tiny space that was our room. You couldn’t sit on the chair or open the wardrobe when it was open. There was no lamp. No where to put the very much needed fan. Phone didn’t work to ring down to reception. The room might have worked if a single bed was in place and it was for one person. The double bed was up against the wall and the little space on walking side couldn’t allow more than one person to walk by . Just 2 hangers in the wardrobe . No milk for tea and coffee making . Massive clump of black hair on the bed. As mentioned no working phone to call down to reception to address these issues . We were on the 4th floor. We asked to change rooms told they were booked out for the week but come down in the morning and request room change then. We got on with getting ready to go out for the evening in intense heat of that tiny room. No iron or ironing board , we could go down a collect one at reception. My partner could not move about the room while I ironed and at the end of the excercise she almost sat on the iron unwittingly while it cooled on the chair. My partner has bruises from collisions with the door handle and toilet roll holder. The water pressure in the shower was dismal and either too hot or too cold . Next day we asked to change rooms , receptionist was very unhelpful, asked to speak with the manager , told he was busy and he would call me later in the day. No call. Next day arrive at reception and ask again and the other receptionist is almost yelling and quite hostile and tell us in no way are we changing rooms we need to come early in the morning to do so , we tell her this is our second morning to ask and we would like to see the manger , he arrives and says sure your new room is 306 , apologies for inconvenience.

No double room for myself and wife, had to go in twin room

No double room for myself and wife despite pre-booking and paying for one months in advance. Had to go in twin room and hotel staff not willing to offer any discount for the massive inconvenience.

Not a good choice if you are a light sleeper.

I am not a fussy traveller but the room I was given was in a stuffy basement area with no AC and it was really hot weather. Worse than that, the walls were so thin I could hear the people in the next room talking and in the morning I heard every person's alarm clock in the adjacent rooms. The furnishing and bed linen were cheap and not very comfortable. The decor was worn and scuffed with cracked tiles and even a crack in the sink. The kettle didn't work and I had to request a new one. I didn't see one member of staff smile. The room was clean and they did bring me a new kettle quickly and the location was great but I won't stay there again.

it had a bed and hot water

Good location and nice reception area.

Dirty carpets and walls, old beds and uncomfortable mattresses, mould in the bathroom, broken blinds ... overall the hotel is very tired looking and needs a bit of TLC.

Good location and nice reception area. Sadly that’s not where you’ll be sleeping... to be fair, bed sheets and bathroom were clean, if you look beyond the dirty carpets, tired old beds and mould in the bathroom. Fine for a one night stay on a tight budget.

Avoid at all costs

Pretty much the entire experience was terrible. I moved room three times due to arriving and each one being dirty. The first room smelt of sewage, the second had pubic hairs in the “fresh bed”, and the third which I opted for out of no other options had a tv that didn’t turn on, mouse droppings in the bathroom cabinet, a permanently blocked wash basin, uneven tiling in the bathroom so I almost broke my neck, and was generally dirty with hand prints on windows that hadn’t been cleaned in over a decade by the looks of them. Don’t be fooled by the plush exterior or ok looking lobby. From the moment you get in the tiny lift with a flickering lightbulb and grime everywhere it’s all downhill from there. I asked for the manger to call me back on each day I was there, however he or she did not - so this review I hope exposes this hotel for what it is.

Wouldn’t stay there again

We had a invasion of ants in room in which we asked to change rooms late at night. Staff weren’t very helpful, they were quite rude and weren’t welcoming. Had to get some of our money back in the end as it was unacceptable

The beds were comfortable, the room was clean as in the beds, bathroom etc . The location was very good in a lovely area

Was located on a beautiful street, close walk to supermarket...

Shower wasn’t working properly, you could only get freezing cold water or burning hot water, there was no in between. Could also benefit from having curtains on the windows as I was getting woken up at 5.30-6 from the light in the room. Visible dirt and mound on walls and in bathroom that could have easily been cleaned

Was located on a beautiful street, close walk to supermarket and shops

Brilliant stay with an organised hotel

My partner and I came from a terrible cancellation with previous hotel. Marianna and all staff were very helpful to the point where my Mrs said we need to write a review. Great facilities, great service great value for money

Balcony great!

The entrance: vety narrow stairs and lift, stained carpet. Then you enter the room and it's cozy and nice. A chair/armchair would be appreciated

Balcony great!

Pleasant

Rooms just need a bit of TLC

Upgraded to family room, very spacious and quiet, great value for money in London with good location and close to Earl court tube stop.

Please read reviews - it's the new torture attraction in London!

Staff were rude, fire alarm sounded at 5am to 6am one morning with no staff appearing until 6am to tell guests to ignore it. By then everyone was huddled on the street outside. Breakfast was weird. Stale hash brown, garlic mushrooms, mini hot dog sausages and hard boiled eggs. They keep all juices and food low so each guest arriving has to ask for items to be topped up. In the room which was small and toilet wedged between shower and sink, could just about sit on it, I found the pillow cases were replaced with dirty ones (stains) each morning. Room was about 25-30 degrees C so had to sleep with window wide open (quite noisy building outside). Had to bang on wall because someone on phone in next room was talking until midnight and the walls are paper thin. Upon checking out I expected, 'Did you enjoy your stay / how was everything / thank you and good bye' I arrived at desk, manager sat there blank faced. I explained I was checking out. She asked which room I was in. Tapped away on computer, said "that's fine" without looking up and gestured with her hand toward the door. Very rude, the staff were clearly interested in filling rooms and not in the guests welfare. I'm thankful there wasn't a fire. I would rather pay double to stay somewhere else than ever stay in this 'hotel' again.

Location and other guests were friendly. Area felt safe to walk around.

The hotel was very well connected with the city center and...

The room was very (very!) small and it was not possible to sleep with the balcony (shared with other rooms) classe because it was too hot. Also in our last day the fire allarm went crazy at 5:00 AM and the problem was solved more or less 30 minutes later when everyone was awake and in the lobby.

The hotel was very well connected with the city center and the other points of interest.

The location was ideal

The accommodation was exceptionally poor. The carpets were sticky the walls dirty and in need of decorating. There was a smell and the windows were filthy. The room was exceptionally small and we had to sit on the Bed to pass each other in the room. It was hot and noisy. We booked two nights but could only survive one.

The location was ideal

Do yourself a favour and look elsewhere

Photos on here are not a true reflection. The place is tired, old, shabby and dirty. Basement rooms are under the breakfast room so expect a very early wake-up with tables and chairs being dragged across the floor. Glad we only had one night booked.

Average, 3/10 would not stay again

As soon as we walked through the door the receptionist snapped and told us to sit down, simply a lack of customer service skills. The room was outdated and shoddy, and the breakfast was the worst value for money I have ever seen! Would not recommend at all. Very disappointing stay, the pictures set it up for disappointment.

It was clean enough, and the location wasn’t bad

Good

We checked in about 5:30 pm. The girl at reception wasn't very polite and could barely be bothered to explain anything. Later, when we were going out for the evening, we asked her if she knew how to get to our evening destination. She was rude and told us completely the wrong directions even though she said she knew. She needs to smile at the guests instead of being a little bitchy.

Location great. Breakfast good. Clean and comfortable :)

Not pleasant. After all day touring we only wanted to take a good shower and that wasn't possible.

The room was very small and our towel handle was broken and nobody fixed it during our 4 night stay. Our shower wouldn't drain properly so we asked the girl at the reception to fix it and they never did. We had to take short showers in order not to flood the bathroom. Not pleasant at all. The girl at the reception during the day wasn't helpful at all and she was even rude to us.

The location was excellent because it had 2 near underground stations as well as places to eat.

Location was ok.

Everything! This place is a hole. If Disney world is the best place on earth this is actually the worst place. Dirty, filthy at best a place that should charge by the hour. Ok so it was less than £100 but come on they could have at least given the bathroom a clean and re do the mouldy seals. Do yourself a favour, don’t book, in fact burn your eyes out for even looking at this place on the app!! Genuinely I think one of the cock roaches that shared the room with us committed suicide this morning because contemplating its life in this place was just too much. RUN FOR THE HILLS PEOPLE

Location was ok.

would not recommend

room was well worn. walls needed a fresh coat of paint. blinds were of poor standard. carpet needs replacing. but a vacuuming would be a start followed by a wash. bed had seen better days - though the linen was fresh. but no mattress protector!! and the other furnishings, just poor - worn, and not practical.

brand new bathroom, clean and functionable

pleasantly surprised at room size, lobby area and breakfast.

bathroom bit too small but functioned. lift very slow but it works!😊 bed was not as comfy as would have liked, sloped a bit.

location is brilliant for visiting central london. can walk to Kensington gardens in 20 mins. reaaonable breakfast, two days there were delicious flakey croissants. tiny bathroom in single room but everything clean and functioning. staff very helpful, and the lobby is light, attractively furnished and full of books! my room was light and had a leafy outlook. great flatscreen tv.

If we had been staying in London longer than two nights we’d have looked for a different hotel.

The carpets in the hotel were disgustingly filthy. I put the bed runner on the floor so I wouldn’t have to touch the carpet with my feet...even with my socks on. The room was so tiny there was no room for our suitcase without tripping over it. As my husband put it, you had to go out into the hall to change your mind. This place has potential if they’d only take the time to clean it and fix a lot of minor repairs like loose carpets on the stairs and trashed blinds on the windows in the rooms.

The bed was clean and fairly comfortable.

adequate

the bedrooms and the bathroom were quite small, a very large crack in the shower tray, again what we paid for the hotel and how long we were actually in the hotel, it was fine

within easy reach of 2 x tube stations, breakfast for what we paid for was adequate

staff helped locate a different room with extra space due to...

Both rooms we stayed in could have been cleaner.

staff helped locate a different room with extra space due to a problem with initial room. This was very helpful

Very poor indeed. A rip off. Do not recommend! Avoid!

Terrible! Room tiny and falling to bits. No air con so sweated profusely at night even with window open. Tried using the fan but this just blew hot air around so a terrible night's sleep. Flaking wood on Windows. Stains and burns on floor. Uncomfy bed. Shower head broken so didn't stay up. Toilet seat kept closing while I sat on the loo so the seat was touching my back -yuk! Plug sockets in inconvenient places. I thought perhaps the saving grace might be the breakfast but no! This was grim. Rubbery scrambled eggs and cheap rubbery squat sausage things. No bacon. Cheapest bread on offer. So disappointed as this cost £118 for a single room for the night. Yeah location good but this place is awful. One good thing? The staff were pleasant.

Situation

Bed tired, shower very poor, hot breakfast choices needed replenishing. Very substantial price rise recently means there are better value/quality hotels nearby. Be aware, if you have agency booked non refundable rooms the hotel will not transfer the booking to other dates either; so you lose your money.

Situation

Disappointed and let down quite badly.

The room we were allocated (104)was so small there was only a 6 inch gap between the bottom of the bed and the wall,and as a result my partner lost a toenail because of this!!!!! The carpets were stained the walls were dirty and in desperate need of a paint job,the bed was a small double divan and the mattress was so uncomfortable we had to lay on top of the quilt for extra comfort. My partner ended up with bites and severe itching, we asked for a different room but on checking the room out it was no better. When we booked we booked based on the hotel gallery,which in hindsight was nothing what was allocated to us.

Where not to stay in london

It was dingy with unhelpful staff The room was so small I couldn't move and a dann single bed. I am not a child. No one helped me with my luggage. I did not spend a night there and lost all my money because of their unfair policy. You should remove them

Meets basic expectations

Near a hospital and ambulance sirens all night. Used earplugs and slept fine.

Location convenient. Bathroom had been nicely updated. Bed comfortable.

Good location, but thats it.

Receptionist wasnt plaesent, room was bit dirty and room cleaning didnt do good work, they didnt fill water bottles of change or bed clothing. Shower was bad, there was no preasure at all. Rooms was very small!

Good location, but thats it.

I enjoyed my stay overall - comfort was poor because of the layout of the room.

I got fed up of having to walk sideways every time I needed to pass the end of the bed as there wasn't enough room to walk forward. This was the key point of irritation - after one day it became tiresome and uncomfortable to have to turn sideways and walk unnaturally between the end of the bed and the bedroom wall each time I moved around the room. There simply wasn't enough room for the bed in this position.

Old character building, lovely location- nice setting and near to amenities, beautiful view, having a window that opens, departure times, staff, sufficient storage space

Enough for an overnight stay

The mattress wasn't very comfortable and the walls were quite thin so I could hear my neighbours talking and coming and going in the early hours of the next morning.

The room was a perfect size and well furnished with everything you'd need for an overnight stay.

Excellent location but hotel needs some refurbishment on the staircases and definitely in room 405

I was given a room on the very top rear of hotel when i requested if possible a bottom floor room with near three months notice. It had a sash window that wouldnt stay open. Dirty walls and door and filthy and tatty blinds at the window. The view out of the window was a yard full of black bin bags and broken furniture. A broken bed side table drawer. The main staircase had loose carpet on the steps and no stair rods. Staff were not very attentive at all apart from kitchen staff who were helpful and pleasant.

Croissants were very fresh, bed was comfortable and clean, bathroom was clean. The fan in the room was very welcome as it was a very warm 21 degrees during my stay. Excellent location and this is the best feature of this hotel.

Would not give it 1 star

Pictures for this hotel were not true Very dirty Uncomfortable Reception staff did not understand English properly and didn’t know where local things were!!!! Stair carpet in reception dangerous and dirty not fitted right Carpet In our tiny bedroom was badly stained and dirty Didn’t want to take my shoes off Toilet up the sink in bathroom When you open the main door to room it hits the bed shoved up the wall!!

Nothing! Dreadful and dirty

very bad.

There is nothing to recommend this hotel. My bedroom was so small , the bed was jammed into the only space and therefore the plugs, which were on the wall were impossible to use. The bathroom had broken tiles, badly mended, with very dirty grout. The tiny wardrobe was falling to bits, had 3 hangers one of which broke immediately it was used. No redeeming features for this hotel at all. Everyday l had to ask for tea bag and milk to be put in my room, they never were and when l asked at the front desk l was told there were none that day.

l was appalled with the whole experience.

Good Value.......

No record of my reservation made 12 weeks previously!

Staff were v friendly and accommadating. Gave me a double room nice & clean decent bathroom good location. Value for money.

Would not stay here again. Almost spoiled an otherwise fabulous weekend.
    • Family Room (3 persons)

On checking in to hotel was curtly told to wait while while they changed shift. Not a particularly good start. Both mirrored wardrobe doors were smashed. Carpet was heavily stained in various places along its length. Hair on bed. One bedside light between three beds. Shower head unstable. Stains on soft cover on bathroom stool. General uncleanliness. Staff not particularly interested and when flaws pointed out just said "No problem"

I slept in what can only be described as a cupboard! £113 for a cupboard that had a tiny window which was filthy as was the tiny ensuite window both looking onto a brick wall! The whole place was dirty, carpet not secured properly on stairway and filthy staircase. Such a complete rip off - I have never stayed anywhere so awful - I read the reviews which did not give an accurate description of the hotel. I was so very disappointed and did not want to stay but had no choice as no other rooms or hotels available.

Convenient and excellent breakfast

Could do with up dating , first given very small room but after complaining happy to change us to larger room which made our stay comfortable

Convenient and excellent breakfast

We were just there to sleep, but the disappointment was big after comparing photos with reality.

We were badly surprised by our hotel room, after booking the hotel, because the picture looked lovely. BUT: The floor (a carpet) was really used and felt dirty, the plug station was not hidden, the bed made a lot of noice and the windows were so old, that you felt like you were sleeping on the street. The shower in the bathroom was clean, but in every corner you could see moisture. The bathroom is tiny and suits for one person. the wall next to the door had a crack and the corners of the furniture in our room was broken, and as an extra: there was no mattress pad/cover.

Staff was nice and helpful, the room looked clean (clean as it can get :-/) breakfast was good, situated next to 2 subway station and just 5 minutes walking and you are surrounded by so many restaurants!

Terrible situation but those things happen made worse by being badly handled by the staff.

the fact that the lock on my door was broken and it took 2 days for someone to believe me the fact that the mattress was broken the fact that there was no hot water the fact that it took over half an hour to explain to the receptionist that I was in a hurry in the morning and that i needed a hot shower and to be able to get into my room was not my asking for a lot. the fact that the receptionist being unwilling to help me made me late and get a parking ticket on my car the fact the only solution the hotel had was to put me in a room with 3 beds so tightly squeezed into the room you had to crawl over them to adjust the heat. The closet had only half a door and was only half size so I could not hang my dresses without wrinkling them

A cheap room in Kensington, if all you need is a bed in a room then this should suffice.

The room was tiny, only big enough for the single bed in it. The room and bathroom smelt very badly of urine and I had to go out to buy air freshener. Bed was very uncomfortable. Lots of traffic noise but this is central London so to be expected

Receptionist friendly. Entrance foyer very well presented

Not worth the money

The room was old, dirty and dull, ripped moist bedding, broken leaky shower, moildy windows. Hard access to the room through the corridors and stairs

Staff was very polite, breakfast was quite tasty, convenient location - 5 min walk to Earls Court.

We enjoyed London, hotel ok.
    • Family Room (3 persons)

The staff looked a bit fed up. The room was very dusty around the window and the self service breakfast things weren't filled up.

The lounge area looked nice.

Perfect location for us.We had a very comfortable and enjoyable stay, was perfect for what we wanted

Room was far too small for two people Decorating needed doing as filler everywhere

Shower was great Bed was comfy Breakfast was great Location was fantastic

Good value, great location
    • Family Room

The shower was either very hot or very cold, so this is something requiring improvement.

The location was great for the purpose of our visit to Kensington Palace and the Science Museum. The rooms were clean and the bed comfortable.

The worst hotell I've ever been

Filthy carpet and walls. The service was terrible, the girls in the reception didn't even talk to us and talked on the phone for 20 minutes when we wanted to check in.

The bed was okay.

Okay but nothing special, would have chosen another accommodation though.

There was mold in the bathroom; low water pressure from the shower; view from the window opened to a backyard with huge trash containers; TV was not working at first, had to adjust the cable myself and even then the picture was blurry.

Good breakfast