Reviews of Sketchley Grange Hotel 4 stars

Sketchley Lane, Hinckley, LE10 3HU, United Kingdom

#4 of 4 hotels in Hinckley

Really nice place to stay
    • Classic Double Room

The breakfast was really over priced at £15 for what you would get in a cafe for £5 and dint really sleep to well because how loud other rooms where with kids running and can ere people talking in other rooms plus shower took ages for hot water to cum threw

Really nice place to stay

good sized room comfy bed and shower clean and tidy
    • Classic Double Room

down side to the room was the air conditioning out let . which was out side the window and was very noisy and was constant all night .therefor we did not have a good night sleep

good sized room comfy bed and shower clean and tidy

Nice hotel
    • Executive Twin Room

Nice hotel. The room was good - two large double beds. Location was fine and large car park. Breakfast was good enough. Nice swimming pool. Overall, staff were very friendly.

Enjoyed the pool, fine for a short stay. Location is good.
    • Classic Twin Room

Room was adequate but not to four star standard. Would have liked water, dressing-gowns, shower with screen rather than a plastic curtain, net curtains had holes in them, bathroom ceiling needs repair. All a bit basic, but can't fault the chambermaid's cleaning.

Location, pool

Absolutely fabulous; would definitely stay again!
    • Classic Double Room

Absolutely loved it here. Came for a wedding reception but booked a room as travelling quite far. Came early to use the facilities, which were amazing.

Amazing hotel
    • Classic Family Room

Nothing to do with hotel just the person next to us in the other room had tv on max so could be heard so loud in our bathroom

Amazing hotel Clean and spacious Beautiful room Air con was amazing Staff welcoming Sauna and jacuzzi were amazing Very modern and relaxing

Over-priced, window-less bedroom, not impressed
    • Executive Suite

There was no window in the bedroom. It was an executive suite, good sized rooms but no window in the bedroom - really?? For £190 I expected a window at least!! didn't even occur to me that this would be a problem. And the lounge doors opened up over the air-conditioning units so were very noisy. I asked to swap rooms but the hotel was full, which is fair enough. I asked that my complaint was logged and was told it would be, but the check-out staff were not aware and didn't really care. I had an email response to my later emailed complaint and was told that no-one had complained before but I would be given a preferential rate on another visit. I am unlikely to return however. We were not very impressed with the vegetarian dinner or breakfast. In fact the dinner choice was poor so we went out for an Indian (which was excellent!) It's not particularly quiet - there was a wedding there the night we stayed and there were children running up and down outside the corridors until very late at night.

The rooms were a good size and spotlessly clean. Nice grounds for a walk around. The fitness centre looked good but we didn't have time to use it. It was close to where we were attending a workshop, so that was why we choose it.

When next in the Hinckley area we will definitely stop here again.
    • Classic Family Room

The long length mirror was lopsided on the wall in the room (room 133). The water pressure was a little low.

The bed was large and really comfy. The rooms were very clean. Air con was wonderful.

Overnight stop traveling North
    • Executive Twin Room

The pool was a bit too hot to swim in- 29.9 C and the breakfast buffet wasn’t kept stocked up. The fried eggs were undercooked.

Very clean, bedroom spacious with good air conditioning. Beds comfortable and big bath.

Fantastic stay for the money, great facilities, comfy bed,...
    • Classic Double Room

Shower had poor water pressure.

Fantastic stay for the money, great facilities, comfy bed, great sized room. Air con was spot on in the room with the hot temperatures!

A little disappointed but made the most of it..
    • Classic Double Room

Bath had no wall handle , difficulty getting in and out of the shower ....also shower leaked from bath tap. Only had one small bottle of shampoo & bath gel between two people, reception could only give us one more ! The spa was disappointing , the pool and jacuzzi were not clean and had a horrible smell ... needs to be cleaned more regularly... My husband and I did not spend time in the spa together as I arrived first & was escorted into the lounge area however my husband was told to go through to the spa , lack of communication by staff at the front desk lead me on a wild goose chase trying to find my husband all around the hotel ..!! Finally was told he was in the spa ... no one explained about the lunch to him (part of the package) so he left the spa while I was having my treatment... huge fiasco!!!

Great staff and hotel but shame about the food.
    • Classic Family Room

Food was very average and breakfast pretty poor. Overcooked bacon and eggs and underdone sausage and mushrooms.

A long time since I have found hotel staff so polite friendly and helpful. Particularly the young waiter in the restaurant. (Brendan?).Thank you for your excellent manners.

Staff very friendly and helpful, room was much larger than...
    • Classic Double Room

Small shower head leaked so got sprayed all over when I went to use it.

Staff very friendly and helpful, room was much larger than expected and clean, breakfast was lovely.

A touch of Fawlty Towers, but no laughs. Way over priced.

Totally exasperated in trying to find the place. I used the property post code from address LE10 3HU in my TomTom sat nav and ended up in a huge industrial site with endless dead ends. Luckily we could access Google maps. Reception were no help. I wonder how many of your bookings never arrive???

Swimming pool

Beautiful hotel in lovely surroundings x
    • Executive Twin Room

Nothing - was totally perfect x

Beautiful room beautiful hotel and gardens. Visited for an overnight stay for a wedding - couldn’t have been a more perfect place. Just gorgeous and would love to stay again 😊

the hotel was very well presented and the staff were lovely
    • Executive Twin Room

there was a wedding reception that went on until half twelve with very loud music, not normally an issue but it had been a long day and the reason for the trip was to get an early start for the next day, unfortunately and beyond the control of the hotel a customer on the floor above fell asleep with the tap on which meant we were woken at 0500 to the sound of dripping water, despite this I would definitely use this hotel again

the hotel was very well presented and the staff were lovely

Can do better.
    • Executive Twin Room

We had problem with our shower, although maintenance guy was prompt, it didn't make it any easier for us to turn the shower on/off. I think it must be tough for the chambermaids to operate the showers? We had USB plug sockets in our previous rooms, but not this one, I just thought that all rooms should be the same, especially, with basic criteria. There were holes in the ceiling, in the bathroom that needs to be fixed, £114 is a lot to pay for not getting these simple things right. There was no hooks for hanging up our damp towels and there were black moulds in the bathroom.

Family room is very spacious, staff was friendly. Our bed was very comfortable, with large windows that we can open, overlooking the garden.

We have stayed at Sketchley before and really enjoyed it but...
    • Executive Suite

Wish they had some more child friendly options on the room service menu. Also someone else tried to charge their breakfast to our room! Luckily we checked the bill completely and they were quick to remove the charge from our bill.

We have stayed at Sketchley before and really enjoyed it but this time we went with our 2 children so booked a bigger room and it was far beyond what we expected. I was expecting the room to be about the size that the bathroom alone was! Very impressed! Food is always good although can be a little pricey (hey it is a hotel so you kinda expect it I guess). Pleasantly surprised when we ordered room service and our drinks were full pint sized drinks rather then the usual tiny glasses you get. My son loves the swimming pool.

My daughters wedding was here the wedding venue and meal was amazing but reception let it down
    • Classic Family Room

Reception over charged me by 200 pound And charged my daughter for 2 breakfast when she had her own room for one Reception manager very un polite when we bought this to his attention

The food

The hotel was lovely, its a shame that the lady on reception...
    • Executive Twin Room

The hotel was lovely, its a shame that the lady on reception wasnt very friendly and made us feel uncomfortable as soon as we arrived. Not child friendly and was very unwelcoming

Good rooms with comfortable beds.
    • Executive Junior Suite

Breakfast was disappointing when large party's like weddings have been on the night before as things ran out and the waiting staff were a bit inexperienced.

Good rooms with comfortable beds.

Expensive but a lovely time spent with my sister. Very beautiful setting, room, bar, restaurant ...
    • Executive Junior Suite

When having a treatment in Serenity, there were cobwebs on the ceiling and across the window. There were also dead flies and cobwebs along the window in the bar. Shower head water holes were very brown and scaled, real shame as the bathroom was amazing overall.

Beautiful building, large bedroom and bathroom, spa and swimming pool area very nice although busy.

brilliant place - hope to visit again
    • Executive Twin Room

Restaurant was brill but following night we were told we had to wait as we hadn't pre booked, very few in the restaurant so I'm sure they could feed us four. Instead we ate at the bar, which wasn't that good tbh.

bedrooms were massive and bathroom had a large separate bath. The food in the restaurant was excellent. Car park enormous and safe. Two double beds in the room were very comfy.

excellent staff and nice clean rooms
    • Classic Family Room

there was a wedding going on both nights so was a bit noisy with the after party, would of been nice to be informed prior to visit.

staff were friendly and quick to act on ant requests room clean and nice size

It is a lovely location with great facilities
    • Classic Twin Room

I spent less on the room and the sink leaked, it had no cold water, we basically got the bare minimum! Spa don’t give you robes and the place was being run by kids! Didn’t feel like a stress free stay and not worth the money I spent!

It is a lovely location with great facilities

Effortless, just the way a stay away should be!
    • Classic Family Room

Not really a problem as cleanliness and hygeine in important areas was covered. So my very picky observation. I would like the ceiling vents in our room to be dusted high level so appreciate the logistic of maintaining these not up to the cleaner.

A relaxed atmosphere. Organised and helpful friendly staff. Spacious gardens and plenty of room.

Not the place to stay with your dog. They may be friendlier if you don't have one.
    • Classic Twin Room

The staff were unfriendly. Not dog friendly. Was unable to use even the bar as it did not allow dogs even though it was big enough to have a small area for people with dogs. So was unable to get a drink or have anything to eat without driving out.

The food was too expensive.
    • Classic Suite

The food was too expensive. We are a family of five with three children under 12. The cost of one drink each and one main course on two evenings doubled the price of the room!

Nice hotel, communal area needs updating in places and lift needs to be repaired
    • Executive Suite

The room was a bit tired in places and the type of glass furniture made it look a bit empty. Bathroom was lovely but needed a touched up in places, mirror had a crack, toilet roll holder had plaster missing off the wall and a patch in the shower

The suite we stayed in had a lot of space and had a wow factor when you walked in

The bed was really comfy and the room was nice.
    • Classic Double Room

The steam room smelt really, really bad. Not from people, I think they had a burst pipe or something because it had a smell of constant damp drainage.

The bed was really comfy and the room was nice. The food was brilliant and the staff were really helpful.

I have stayed at many hotels here in UK, but this has been my best experience thankyou
    • Classic Twin Room

The beds were very comfortable, and i have booked again for Crufts dog show, just hoping one dog is allowed as i normally stay at another hotel, thoroughly enjoyed my stay,breakfast was very pleasant

Didn't want to leave

Nothing. It was perfect

Very friendly staff. Hotel was spotless. Dog welcome and lawned area for him to run. Great breakfast sausage and bacon were not the cheap type that you normally get. There was a lift and a very large car park. We would go back. We loved everything. The beds were super comfy.

A lovely weekend with brilliant weather, a bonus.
    • Classic Double Room

We used the spa facilities for treatments. Although we are a married couple both treatments were in the same room. I spent the whole time of my facial thinking " what if i'd come with a work colleague" . When i queried it the following day, because i couldn't stop thinking about it, i was told that all bookings in the same name were put in the double room, which to be honest wasn't that big. Apparently i should have been told about the room. Although we have been married for many years, i don't expect to share a treatment room !

All the junior staff were excellent. Did a fantastic job in a very busy dinning room.

Loved the spa facilities! Very very rude staff!
    • Executive Twin Room

The staff were very rude, especially the man on reception, not telling us about charges and not speaking professionally. Did not care that he was representing the hotel, continued to act rude even when reminding of how bad the hotels reviews were on trip advisor. Stayed in many hotels and always have been treated with respect but this receptionist was rude and thought he was superior- not a nice experience with staff! Very very rude! The hotel in itself is a nice place but let down massively by the staff. Don’t normally leave bad reviews but for this hotel it was a non-brainer, do not book.

The spa facilities were great.

Warm, cosy, relaxing, soft, clean, beautiful.
    • Executive Twin Room

Everything it was so perfect for me and my family. The beds were so large and comfy and plenty of tea and biscuits etc enough for everyone. Will definitely stay again.

We really enjoyed our stay and would definitely recommend and return.
    • Classic Twin Room

Food expensive, few things needed repairing/touching up.. (bath/shower seals) wasn't aware spa treatments were needed to be booked 3mths ahead.

The facilities,food was nice. Unfortunately we had an issue with a dripping tap which was loud, staff came quick and offered to move us to another room. :)

Very nice hotel which we managed to get for a very good...
    • Classic Double Room

Very nice hotel which we managed to get for a very good price! Swimming pool was lovely with a big jacuzzi. Most staff were very welcoming however a few of the staff appeared like they didn't want to be there. However all in all very nice stay and would recommend for a relaxing night away.

Excellent buffet breakfast, always freshly replenished.
    • Executive Junior Suite

Shower wasn’t very powerful and the holder was broken so you had to hold the shower head in your hand.

Excellent buffet breakfast, always freshly replenished. Room was spacious and clean.

This is a fantastic hotel , the staff are friendly.
    • Classic Double Room

This is a fantastic hotel , the staff are friendly. It’s very clean . The restaurant staff are fantastic, so polite and helpful. For saying how young they all are they all went the extra mile and really looked like they enjoyed there job . Well done . Fantastic food and service . The spa is one of the best I ve used . Well done to the Sketchley Grange . We will be back

A warm, comfortable hotel with a wonderful ambience.
    • Classic Double Room

It would have been nice to use the leisure facilities for longer on our check out day. We were told that we were not allowed to use after 11am. In previous hotels where we have stayed we have been permitted to stay and use the leisure facilities all day on our checkout day. We would have stayed on the Saturday night but the cost was more than double and this was beyond our budget.

Really impressed with the hotel and its facilities. Would definitely recommend.

Nice large room in quiet part of hotel
    • Classic Double Room

Bar area and staff. One person behind bar shouting across room to other members of staff. Not a good impression. Dirty sticky tables in bar.

Nice large room in quiet part of hotel

Wonderful will definitely be back great for families with small kids.
    • Classic Double Room

WiFi not available during any part of our stay which was annoying but not a major issue.

Bed very comfy and bedrooms very nicely furnished. Great breakfast.

Disappointing and overpriced for what and where it is.

We have children but couldn’t get a table for dinner till 8:30pm - than waited 1hr plus for food to arrive. Chef set himself on fire was excuse (!?) and eventually agreed on 50% off dinner bill - ok but far from ideal.

Staff friendly and helpful - Most things were ok - nothing special.

The hotel is nice the location, the bar lounge etc but it's disappointing for the room
    • Classic Double Room

The room, the bed the shower was awful the pressure was so powerful.

The hotel looked lovely, we went there for a wedding. Considering we paid £99 for the night I thought the room would be lovely too. However the room wasn't so nice a small bed and behind the pillows there was a smell or urine. The bed wasn't comfortable at all and I hardly got any restful sleep.

Exceeded our expectations.
    • Classic Double Room

Room lacking info on hotel facilities, but this a minor point,

The food was excellent quality and extremely good value for money. Breakfast was also very good.

We went to a wedding at sketchley grange so was nice x
    • Classic Double Room

Its not about the property but hope its ok , my stay was ok until going to breakfast this morning , when the date on the bread said the 23rd april , i understand people freeze bread , but a hotel like that , but if u do freeze bread then i would recommend that u take the sticky off with the date on thanks amanda

We went to a wedding at sketchley grange so was nice x

A VERY ENJOYABLE STAY WITH ALL MY FAMILY
    • Classic Junior Suite

MY GRANDDAUGHTER NEEDED A COT WHICH MY DAUGHTER HAD TO REQUEST 3 TIMES AND THEN NO BEDDING CAME WITH IT AND IT WAS NOT PUT UP PROPERLY. IT WAS SORTED EVENTUALLY

PLEASANT ATMOSPHERE AND ATTENDED AN EXCELLENT WEDDING WHERE THE STAFF WERE EXCELLENT AND NOTHING WAS TOO MUCH TROUBLE

Lovely hotel with great potential. TLC needed
    • Classic Double Room

I think the glass shower door can do it some cleaning. Mattress was too soft for us, but, that is a personal preference. Gym equipment was a bit sticky but they do the job, as we were there for only 45 minutes.

Our bedroom was quiet, linen was clean. TV, ironing/ironing board/hairdryer, Tea/coffee facilities, they all worked beautifully. We are impressed with the UBS ports in the sockets, that was a bonus. Staff were fantastic, helpful, chatty, service with a smile. Continue improvement and refurbishment is great but not to forget that the older rooms need TLC too.

Good swimming pool, nice hotel and friendly staff.
    • Classic Family Room

We must have been unlucky when looking at other reviews but our bed was not very comfortable. Breakfast was good, especially the English breakfast buffet but not the fruit juices (no fresh orange juice) or the pastries, only Danish varieties and no croissants.

Good swimming pool, nice hotel and friendly staff. Good breakfast but expensive. Nice room.

6.0
    Potentially great but unfortunately this did not happen a disappointment for a 60th birthday .
    • Classic Junior Suite

When we checked in we were not told that breakfast was £12.50 if we booked then and there and we were charged £14.95 . When we booked in we needed help with our cases as we are of a certain age but were told it was not far to our room but this was certainly not the case .Also in the room there was no information about the hotel apparently we should have been given a number to put into the tv when we checked in as all hotel information was on this. Later when we tried it was very difficult to access. Some information was on the folder the room key was put in but this also was not pointed out. Altogether the staff on duty at reception when we checked in were not good and certainly not helpful. We ate in the restaurant the first night of our stay. The menu was limited and not very interesting when afterwards on finding the bar menu this was far more extensive Also there were cigarettes ends all over the floor outside each exit door. I have never stayed anywhere where a folder telling you all about the hotel in the room was absent. Also our toilet seat was broken when we arrived and after complaining three times it was still not fixed when we left after being assured that it would be fixed immediately. When we checked out we were given 20% off our room to compensate for this. My sister in law was celebrating her 60th birthday she also will be sending a review. She had a lovely room with a jacuzzi bath and decided to use this facility but found when she was in the bath that this did not work. On reporting this to reception she was told that none of the jacuzzi baths worked as they had all been disconnected. Again reception should have informed her. All they said we apologise ! Not good enough!

Pool And leisure facilities excellent. Bed very comfortable and the room was very clean and spacious. However a room with a bath was booked and this room had a walk in double shower.

Could have been better.
    • Classic Double Room

No hot water in sink for shave.No bath.Poor internet connection.4 star hotel no fridge .Bill for drinks inaccurate did not show correct description of items.Bar meals not served with some ingredients not included.

Value for money and easy to get to.
    • Classic Double Room

The room could ave been cleaner - shower and edges of the room were dirty. We also had a random wobbly table in our room which seemed to serve no purpose. The outside of the hotel was very scruffy, particularly the garden area which was a shame as it could have been very nice with a little tlc.

The spa facilities were excellent. Shower was very good in the room and the bed was reasonably comfortable. The staff were friendly and very helpful, particularly on Reception and in the restaurant.

10 year anniversary stay
    • Executive Suite

The room was very hot and the patio doors didn't open. Air con was OK, but only option. The wardrobe door was falling apart as was the desk/storage area. Not great in a deluxe suite.

The restaurant and bar area were very nice with great food and prices. Spas area is basic but everything worked and it was very relaxing

Over priced and poor customer service but lovely rooms and spa but could do with upgrading pool
    • Classic Double Room

The reception manager was not very nice at all and over charged me for a number of things as well as say I would have been given information on check in when I clearly wasn't. Found him very rude and unhelpful. To be honest there wasn't many nice members of staff only a couple of bar staff and the man how helped me with my luggage was on the day we arrived was lovely.

Breakfast was nice and some of the bar staff lovely. Room we finally got moved to was nice and our cleaning lady was lovely

Worked very well for us, visiting friends in the area
    • Classic Double Room

The hotel has recently installed eco heating but it takes a long time to heat up and on a cold weekend I thought the bedroom was cold. The staff were very very helpful about it but it seems to be the way the heating works? Would be nice to have a folder in the bedroom, as other hotels do, with information about eg. breakfast times, leisure club times, how the heating and TV work, etc.

Very helpful friendly staff. Very good breakfast - we had full English. Enjoyed a swim.

Really good spot, plenty of parking and a good reception...
    • Classic Double Room

I was kept awake by intermittent banging like doors slamming below. combined with the constant drone of an air handling unit on a flat roof outside the room I had the worst night's sleep I've had for a long time. Water pressure for the shower was terrible. Breakfast is a bit pricey for a buffet.

Really good spot, plenty of parking and a good reception area. Good size clean room and bathroom with an extremely comfortable bed and great facilities. Helpful attentive staff.

Very pleasant
    • Classic Double Room

Very cosy room and comfy bed, we had a good sleep 😴 The location of the hotel was pleasant; it was a nice drive up to the hotel. Would definitely stay here again.

A super relaxing and great value for money stuff in a comfortable hotel
    • Classic Double Room

That we couldn’t stay longer!

The staff couldn’t be more helpful - we initially had a problem with our booking (fault of Bookings.com) and we were offered an upgrade at no extra cost. My daughter also has a severe nut allergy and the staff were thorough, helpful and went all out to ensure there was a tasty meal for her. Can’t thank you all enough!

Good breakfast and nice staff in the reception.
    • Classic Double Room

Navigator brought us in the street indicated on the reservation but we found a gate with no indications on alternative route. In the bathroom there was one set of shower gel and towel but we were in two. Room really noise: people shouting in the corridor and dogs barkling. Internet connection really poor. Restaurant fully booked at our arrival and service in the restaurant not excellent.

Good breakfast and nice staff in the reception. Spacious room and comfy bed.

good with caveats
    • Classic Double Room

Waiting for food in restaurant for over an hour,we did complain and where told a chef had burn himself if the restaurant staff have told us this it would have made a big difference

the spar and ability to use it,the reception staff where outstanding

Hotel was average but pool facilities were good
    • Classic Suite

Should have been a bed for most of guests for the price paid not a sofa bed

Bed in main room was comfy, but dissapointed with offer of sofa beds in other room as was expecting a bed for the price paid.

Nice room and bar area.
    • Classic Double Room

When checking in they presented with the bil which was £80 more then when i originally booked. I disputed this with the desk and was told that to contact booking.com to see what had happened we then had to deal with the front desk manager Jon which he was very rude. We eventually got this matter resolved. But it wasn’t a welcoming reception that we had hoped for apart from sam! The room we was given had a joining door to the next room which kids kept a opening and slaming! Also they call the swimming pool a spa! This is defiantly not the case as this a swimming pool that has kids swimming sessions 2 times a day and also have the local people who use the gym and “spa” and often begrudge you being in their way and using up the facilities! I’m not a moaner, but these things needed to be addressed

I liked the decore and space of the room. The front receptionist sam

The bar staff were lovely!
    • Classic Double Room

Room had mould in the shower tray. The room was advertised as having a bath and it didn’t. The receptionist made reference to the fact we had booked on booking.com, I feel because of that we were given a worse room. I did complain when I checked out and was given £20 off the room. I then look at my bank and see that I was charged for breakfast which I didn’t have! I wouldn’t recommend this hotel and I won’t be staying again. It was a treat for my partners birthday and we were utterly disappointed.

The bar staff were lovely!

was ok,
    • Classic Twin Room

breakfast could have been included in the price of the room.

whThe fitness centre was good.en we arrived, we found our room, and.. it was not ready, the bed was still unmade!.

Okay
    • Classic Family Room

3 Star at best. Stayed in Kenilworth room with family for 2 nights- No bath. Carpets looked old and tired, hair everywhere - children couldn't walk around room without shoes- PITY. would have been good otherwise. Breakfast should be part of the deal.

Parking & A/C are great.

Pleasant enough but prefer my Friday stays.
    • Executive Junior Suite

Usually come on Friday and it is tranquil. Came on Saturday this time for a special occasion, pool was very noisy which I understand as its open for children, but it also might have had something to do with people drinking alcohol in the pool area. Went for special occasion and although staff lovely as ever, was not as pleasant as the Fridays I have been

Most of the staff were as helpful as ever. Reception staff always cheerful and helpful and evening restaurant staff always accommodating.l

Disappointing on this occasion
    • Classic Double Room

The above but usually we have a perfect stay but this time was a bit of a let down

We come often, but we had no to remote and this was not resolved so had to keep getting up to do evehthing, couldn't get through to room service, the cheese grater broke so sandwich how wanted it and the air con system wasn't working. Was disappointing and no one seemed to care on check out either.

Pleasent enough!
    • Classic Family Room

No vegan options in restuarant, sofa bed very uncomfortable, shower pressure terrible, not enough coffee or toiletries in room, spa was small and a bit dated but nice enough, but rude "lane" swimmers and steam room users meant we were unable to use the facilities as much as we would have liked.

Main bed in room very large and comfy, room temperature perfect, happy for us to order takeaway, staff friendly and helpful

It was ok
    • Classic Double Room

Toilet didn’t flush properly No phone in room Kettle didn’t work Bar meal was not good value or quality

Staff very friendly Breakfast good Spa good Clean

Stayed but didn't stay
    • Executive Junior Suite

The bar prices were cheaper in the main bar than in our wedding bar which is very naughty as there is no reason for this what so ever. Only disappointing bit.

Excellent facilities and lovely staff. Unfortunately we didn't get to stay the whole night as my husband was very poorly. But our room was massive, clean comfortable and stylish. The Bathroom was fantastic. We were at a wedding and our room was close to that do it was very convenient. I would like to visit again and stay the whole night. As we loved the room 😊

Lovely big family room with a great view out over the garden...
    • Classic Family Room

Breakfast way too expensive, not included in the price of the room. If it had been, then value for money would be rated as excellent.

Lovely big family room with a great view out over the garden and the room was really near the swimming pool, bonus!

Usually a good stay but spoilt but several poor points on this occasion
    • Classic Junior Suite

I stay here on a regular basis and generally it is a fine place to stay. However on this occasion there were a few things that went wrong - toilet would not flush, water was tepid, shower would not turn off (which was weird). The corridors were freezing cold, and the reception desk confirmed that they don't heat them. When it was -3 outside this makes moving around the hotel very uncomfortable - and with a hotel that has huge long corridors, this was very noticeable!

A mixed bag
    • Classic Double Room

Room was filled with faults. Toilet that didnt flush properly, tv didnt work and kettle was broken. Very disappointing

Staff were friendly and pool area was great. Room was ideal size and nice and dark at night.

Very relaxing and quiet, there was a wedding but the music didn’t play any later than midnight
    • Executive Junior Suite

More gluten free options on the menu

The service was very efficient and everyone was very helpful! My check in and check out we’re both very quick and hassle free! They made me stay very relaxing

Comfortable big beds in the Exec twin room, recommend.
    • Executive Twin Room

Our room was off a main corridor to a wedding party so a bit noisy at times with people chatting outside the room

Comfortable big beds in the Exec twin room, recommend.