Reviews of Sleeperz Hotel Cardiff 3 stars

Station Approach, Saunders Road, Cardiff, CF10 1RH, United Kingdom

#30 of 48 hotels in Cardiff

• Cabin Twin Room

Having to pay for luggage hold and the bathroom floor grim looked like it needed a deep professional industrial clean, as it looked a bit grim.

comfortable mattress, usb port chargers, location.

the fire alarm woke everyone up in the hotel at 2.15am. when I questioned/complained about it the next morning, I was advised that someone was having a hot shower? Unbelievable; the whole hotel woken for a shower!

The prices that are charged simply because an event is on in the Stadium are astronomical,, in fact day light robbery, on a normal Friday week day the cost is approximately 54.00 x2 adults We went to see The Rolling Stones also on a Friday it cost 220.00 !!!! Make your own mind up 😞😞

The overall location is extremely central to most attractions of Cardiff Convenience at its best

• Cabin Twin Room

Rooms are very small & although we were only in town for a concert the price was very high. My biggest gripe was the room did not automatically lock when you went out & I didn't notice this at first so the room was unlocked with all our valuables in side for an entire afternoon , reception came and reset the door to auto lock it happened again in the evening when we went out so we were obviously aware of the problem by tis time , not great though

Great location , right next to the station the Stadium, the shops

Shower room, not liking the wet room experience, water didn't drain away from the floor it stayed wet, so I had to use towel to wipe floor if needed to use the loo. Breakfast lovely except sausages would have been nice if just pork or beef not herbie /garlic favour ones.

Easy to find two minutes from the train station and centre of town, I booked a double room room very clean and bed very comfortable, breakfast ok, but plenty of variety to suit all. Staff very helpful and pleasant Would I book again 😀 a big smiley yes.

The breakfast was adequate in quantity but the hot buffet was just about warm . We were going to have an evening meal in the hotel but were told we would have to eat in the reception area because there was a private meeting in the dining room on both nights we were there this was totally unacceptable. The fire alarm went off at 0530hrs the first night and 0245hrs the second night which disturbed our nights sleep as it was difficult to go back to sleep again. When we complained the staff told us it was somebody having a shower and the steam cause the alarm to go off. REALLY 0530 the first morning and then 0245 the next morning I don't think so. You need to improve the quality of your food and ensure the guests have a good night sleep.

Overall it was adequate for our length of stay, the staff were friendly and helpful, the bed was comfortable and the shower was hot.

• Cabin Twin Room

There was some visible dirt in the cut-outs on the bed and on some corners. I didn’t go looking for it, but it was noticeable.

It’s a very convenient location for me.

• Cabin Twin Room

The toilet was so close to the sliding door it's uncomfortable. It really ah9ild be moved room 114

Great location friendly staff the beds are comfortable.

No parking or breakfast included. Room was clean but very small and basic. We paid £250 for the night we stayed - thought it was poor value.

Central location.

The shower gel cover broke off the minute I touched it, pointy side into my palm. After the room was serviced the cover was back on, presumably fixed. However it wasn't and the exact same thing happened again. I would suggest either fixing it if it's broken or not balancing it back on as it quite sore when it lands on your toes.

Location was great. Also very clean and comfortable bed, even in the compact double room.

Tiny room size inc. bathroom. Paying for parking was a nightmare - no parking on site and ticket machine in car park opposite was out of order. Dust on shelves

Excellent location. Comfy bed. Air conditioning.

Terribly rude night staff Refused to shake my hand By cliaming it was UNPROFESSIONAL Lack of communication skills And genearly poor attitude Will probably consider another hotel in the future! !!!

Good room and location

The room was rather small and could have been a bit cleaner. During the first night I woke up in the middle of the night because of some very drunk people in the corridor. I should have phoned the reception but I didn't so I can't really complain about this now..

The hotel is very close to the main train station in Cardiff so the location is great.

The location is very central - next to the mainline railway station (but not at all noisy) and also the shops and restaurants. The staff are excellent.

There were stains on the curtain and the window was too small so it wasn’t letting enough light into the room.

It was simple and cute and just what I was looking for! Easy to access and the staff were really nice:)

We weren't in the hotel long enough to find out if there were any negatives coming from our stay.

The location of being close to the train station and how far the shopping was to the hotel.

The rooms could be a little bit larger. When we arrived, the elevator was under maintnance, so we had to climb the stairs while carrying our luggage, but when we got back to the hotel this issue had already been solved.

The location of the hotel was very good: in 2 minutes we could reach the train station and the bus station where the airport bus left, the city was in a walking distance and the castle around 10 minutes walking. Although the rooms were very small, they had all the comodities necessary, including safe box, a kettle and a hair drier.

The floors were dusty but otherwise cleanliness was very good. Every mirror had been spotlessly cleaned. Many many light bulbs in the hotel were either not working or flickering, but the hotel feels very cosy because of it!

Loved the staff, they knew what the customer wanted and were the most pleasant staff of any hotel in Cardiff, I even got a call to check if I was settled. The facilities don’t feel mass made or cheap and the view from the rooms and corridors is very special!

The room was a bit small, the breakfast wasn't great, the lounge was too small and lacked atmosphere.

Great location, everything was within easy walking distance. Room was air conditioned, comfy bed, very helpful and pleasant staff,

Charging extra for late checkout - 10 pounds for 2 hours is a bit steep! Charging extra for baggage - 1 pound per bag which is given to charity.

Hotel is very close to the station but a pleasantly relaxing and calm environment. Rooms are silent and beds very comfortable. Staff are super friendly and helpful.

Air conditioning unit was very loud as no fresh air in room during the night so it had to be on all night. Mattress was poor quality and made for a restless night sleep before a very long day.

The location was handy.

Size of the room and bathroom was quite small, other wise everything else was fine.

Very close to the train station and the town centre, very quiet and staff are super friendly and helpful, had a leak in the bathroom but was sorted the same day we reported it.

Room was a double room for two people. I checked in alone but when i returned to the room at 11pm to change my clothing to more suitable attire for the bars following attendance to the Cardiff match I found the building locked as it does after 11pm. The member of staff at reception would not allow my friend to enter the building so he had to wait outside while I went to my room and changed. If its a room for 2 people paid for then you should be allowed guests inside.

Location, right in the heart of Cardiff literally a stones throw away from the bars and clubs.

Had to leave my car on an expensive train station car park out of view because no parking for the hotel £25 for 48 hours little steep but not a single fault with the hotel it was beautiful

Beautiful hotel very modern, all amenities perfect our room was a little small but didn't ruin our stay everything was just perfect, breakfast lovely an fresh, staff all very happy an helpful, location brilliant walking distance to everything

The room faced a backyard and while it was quite, I had to keep the curtains closed as there were people sitting there at times. Don't know how they can fix this but it was a shame to have the lights on when it was bright and sunny outside.

It is mere steps away from the Cardiff Central train station. It is also close to the city center, restaurants and grocery stores. The room is comfortable and all the necessary amenities are provided in the room. The staff is friendly and courteous. They took the time to ask for immediate feedback and did not offer excuses, instead said they will follow up on the 3 am noise on one of the nights. It is convenient to stay here to see the city or even for traveling via train.

It's ok if your staying a day or two as there were no draws to but like your underwater

I thought the staff were very friendly and helpful.showed me a map were to go around Cardiff were I wanted to visited I was happy they changed the bathroom towels every day

The ensuite was very small.

The hotel was comfortable and the location was great. The breakfast was excellent and the staff were very friendly and helpful.

Paid for a “superior room” which was no different to the normal room. Room service was awful and overly expensive. £40 for 2 chicken burgers! There was no biscuits with the tea. The “large double bed” was basicaly a single. Lastly, the room was miniscule.

Selection of beers at the bar. An ironing board.

Central location, righ next to the Cardiff Central railway station. Exellent overnight parking at the station carpark. Yoiu can park for 24 hours+ starting at £12.50. Good Wetherspoons across from the hotel. Most of the night life, restaurants etc are within 2mintues walk. The bus to Cardiif Bay is down the side of the hotel and will drop you off right by the Bay and is cheap as chips.

• Cabin Twin Room

The room was extremely dirty and very noisy. There were lots of strange sounds coming from inside the hotel, including a very heavy bass sound. I had to turn the noisy fan on in my room to drown it out so that I could try and sleep. Unfortunately, I slept very little. By the time I was ready to sleep, I didn’t want to have to get changed to speak to staff or move to a different room if needed. I stayed in the hotel because I needed a good night’s sleep and managed 4 hours due to the noise. The room was also filthy. I was very disappointed.

Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Cabin Twin Room

Could have had a mirror outside the bathroom and could have been cleaner but great value for money

Cosy and great for just me and my daughter. Great location and such friendly staff. Lovely view too

• Cabin Twin Room

I know it was cheap because it was a small room, but I think in future I'd avoid places which just have a wet room instead of a separate shower cubicle. And the layout of the room was quite awkward. As advertised, can't complain about it, but with hindsight perhaps it was a false economy.

Good value, surprisingly quiet.

Very loud air-con in room. Shower base has been added to rooms but these flood and leak. I slipped on the floor as very slippy.

Nice convenient location. Compact room.

The hotel room was very small, expected it to be even a bit bigger, everything seemed squeezed in and even the bathroom was small, not much space to put things either

It was right next to the train station and down the road from the city centre and weatherspoons which was great to have before we went out in the town

The room was quite small. Only just fitted one of our suitcases in there. You wouldn’t want too much luggage.

Was close to the city and all the attractions. Even though it was very loud outside our room, we didn’t hear a thing inside. Breakfast was really good! Great selection to choose from. Staff were helpful and friendly.

Batteries had gone in TV remote but they fixed this immediately

Really quiet and comfortable room - very helpful staff - modern and clean - nice lounge with bar/cafe - decent breakfast

A little expensive for one night without breakfast included

The staff were very friendly and helpful. The portions of food in the restaurant were very generous. Breakfast was very good

Can't think of anything. Maybe snack vending machine as I arrived very late (2340h)

Breakfast buffet superb. Room facilities excellent - everything there that was needed.

The size of the room could have been bigger, particularly the bathroom. The shelving was very inadequate compared to other bathrooms in previous accommodation I have stayed in.

The bed was comfortable.

• Cabin Twin Room

. Doors closed at 11 and staff were rude when you wanted to come back in as if they were interrogating you. We paid for a room and then went and paid (cheaper) for another room as the first room was so small and cramped with no mirrors.

Location, right next to St Mary’s street and train station

• Cabin Twin Room

Basic bathroom but ok for one or two nights

Perfect location for the train station. Really helpful desk staff who tried to help me connect my laptop to Wi-Fi

• Cabin Twin Room

Slightly hectic reception area lacking space and privacy. Shower water did not drain properly and ended up soaking the floor of the room!! I mentioned this to the reception who gave me extra towels to soak up the water, not sure if this is a valid criticism or not really!! It didn't spoil my weekend however and I would consider staying here again.

Excellent location near to train station and city centre. Staff were mostly helpful and cheerful. Basic but more than adequate for a few nights stay in Cardiff. When I requested to upgrade to a better room this was done without too much upheavel and was processed fairly quickly.

Smaller bathroom than anticipated; buffet breakfast was not replenished fast enough so we came down for breakfast with limited choice

Affordable and great location; clean and comfy

• Cabin Twin Room

Small space but we knew this. Shower is not great, whole bathroom gets wet and water took 5 mins to drain.

Easy to walk evetywhere. Great view from the room. Comfy beds.

The only thing I could criticise was there were no face flannels and limited toiletries.

The bed was extremely comfortable, the room was clean and tidy and the staff were very friendly and welcoming.

• Cabin Twin Room

The room was tiny. Really really tiny. It was street level so could hear what was going on outside (on a Saturday night in the town centre) and I was awoken 3 times by people slamming doors right outside mine. Staff told me Tesco Express was shut when it wasn't. Tried to make a complaint in the morning about the noise and was told I should have called them (at 3 in the morning)! The room had a bunk bed and no cup for tea or milk! Its wasn't cheap either! 99 quid!

The location. Thats it. Everything else was bang average at best.

• Cabin Twin Room

It was really noisy, I could hear the people in the room above who really affected my sleep. Plus the smoke alarms went off due to someone smoking in there room

The room could benefit from a mirror in the room and lighting not very good in the bathroom for doing my makeup

Room very clean and staff friendly and helpful

Rooms were quite loud, you could hear other people opening and closing their doors and ventilation running all night was too loud. The bathroom was very small and the door wouldn't close that well, so it's not so pleasant of you're sharing the room.

Very central and well located. Breakfast was ok but nothing special. It was clean and the staff was really nice. For one night more than ok.

The rooms are very very small and the bathrooms are tiny boxes built into the corner. Not enough room for a proper door so it's a flimsy sliding door. You have to be incredibly comfortable with whoever you are staying in the room with as they will hear every single little noise. I suggest turning up the tv and running the shower!

Location was fantastic for a city break and the staff were lovely. Everywhere very clean and comfy beds.

The room was a bit grubby. For example upon opening the condiments draw it was full with loads of crumbs and dust. The bathroom was clean but had a few hairs and the floor had bits on it. We had to wash it down before using it.

It was right in town and had close connections with everything we wanted to do.

Completely as expected and as hoped. A fairly compact room in a well run hotel with friendly staff. But the location was perfect which was the main reason for choosing the hotel. The ideal location and price point for visiting the city of Cardiff.

Bathroom is very small, toilet is smaller than the sink. Shower was OK but water went everywhere on the bathroom floor

Very close to the station and the centre.

It could of been better if there was windows to open as it was a little to hot in the night the air con didn't really blow much air out so struggled to sleep because how hot it was but apart from that everything else was lovely

Everything was perfect

Seating space to eat in the room is very small and cannot watch TV comfortably

Clean and comfy room though you cannot eat on the table and watch tv comfortably as the rooms are a bit small. However everything is modern and clean and after a business day it felt good coming back to a nice place. Staff is very friendly

The room was dirty and small (looks a lot bigger in pictures) and very noisy. Paid £560 for 2 nights - an event was on which was why it was so expensive, but defiantly not worth the money.

Good location - 2 minutes away from train station and a 15 minute walk from the stadium

• Cabin Twin Room

I've stayed at Sleeperz before and like the location and ease of getting there from Cardiff Central Station - you literally turn right and you're there. The staff welcoming and helpful. Check in was quick and easy, and I went to my 3rd floor cabin bed room. These rooms are compact but comfortable, and as a single traveller who's stayed in one before I was happy with the accommodation. Shower is good, room warm and the bed comfortable - nothing more is needed for a single nights stay! Have already booked to return again.

Had a double room which was smaller than some of the singles I've stayed in. No wardrobe, cupboard or fridge. There were a few hangers stuck on a rail coming out of the wall, and a foldy thing that was no use at all. We had to put our bags on the floor and kept tripping over them because of lack of space. My side of bed I had less than a foot between me and the wall.

Staff , restaurant and lounge were good

The walkway to one side of the bed was a little tight. I would have preferred a Wi-Fi which requires a password rather than being open.

We were warmly welcomed and the room was very clean and sufficient for our needs. The shower was fantastic and the Wi-Fi was easily accessible. The location was excellent - near Cardiff Central Station and close to pubs, shops, restaurants and the castle.

The price that was charged

Hotel was compact but in a great location, was far to over priced thou as u paid over 280 per night for 3 night and found that the hotel was only priced at £57 for one of the nights i was there

Very bad value for money just because of boxing event. Upgraded to a ‘queen’ and it was definitely a double size room if that. Staff were moody and not sincere when asking how our stay was

Clean and good location.

I did like that the staff came in to my room when i was in bed granted she knocked but she didnt wait for me to say no thank you or answer the door myself

The bed was comfy and the breakfast buffet was yummy

A very small room and tiny bathroom but adequate for a bed for the night on a business trip. I would not want to spend a lot of time in room as it is very small. Comfortable and quiet.

It's always nice if there's free on site parking.

Perfect location for a base in Cardiff. Car park opposite. Very Clean and Modern. Ticket all the boxes

The room was tiny and not the cleanest. Not enough mirrors to take good photos and the ‘air conditioning’ was loud

The location was very good, close to town centre

Room was small, bathroom didn't have a lock and had a very thin door. No shower door or curtain leaves entire bathroom floor soaking wet

Good price, great location. Bar downstairs very convenient

Room was adjacent to the cleaner's supply room, so a lot of noise outside our room fairly early in the morning.

Bed was comfy, staff were very helpful and professional. Bathroom facilities were good for the money spent.

Was given an iron but no ironing board. Wooden floor was very mucky. Booked an expensive rate and returned to site an hour later and price had reduced hotel refused to honour it but booking.com stepped in and provided excellent service.

Good central location

The coat hangers were very noisy and you could hear them rattle from other people’s rooms, but that’s just being picky, can’t fault anything else!

The beds were comfortable and the bathroom facilities were very nice and modern. Also the free WiFi and TV was a nice touch.

Bed wasn't comfortable in the slightest.

How fast the service was. No fuss, all information was given efficiently. Staff were clear on everything I would need to know. Was right next to the train station which was especially handy.

• Cabin Twin Room

The shower took a while to drain and after the first shower there was a lingering smell of urine

The beds were comfy and clean. The location was so easy to find after leaving central station. Despite where the hotel was location it was a lot quieter than I thought. It was so easy to get to and from the city and the motorpoint arena.

Staff were extremely rude! Very bossy and patronising! Breakfast was awful, one counter with food for almost £10 was really disappointed seeing as have stayed elsewhere and had ample choice for the same price! Rooms were tiny and looked like they needed updating 10 years ago! For £110 a night I expected a little more luxury, travelodge is more modern!

Location was perfect, for a group of young girls looking to go out on the town for the night, it’s rigt in the centre of all the pubs and shops are two minutes up the road!

The best thing about the hotel was the location. I had an early train to catch. The hotel is perfectly located next to the train station. It's also convenient for getting anything done in the city centre.

The only thing I didn't like was the shower, it wouldn't drain the water leaving the room to be soaked. Being a walk in shower made it difficult

The staff were very welcoming, great location and room was just right for us.

• Cabin Twin Room

The breakfast was very expensive being nearly £10 for not even all you can eat. We went to whetherspoons across the road instead

Clean really comfy beds and the pillows were lovely. Great central location

Browse Sleeperz Hotel Cardiff traveller photo gallery