Reviews of Southview Guest House & Indoor Pool This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

27 Cross Street, Windermere, LA23 1AE, United Kingdom

#47 of 75 B&Bs and inns in Windermere

• Reviewed: July 18, 2018

What a lovely place, everyone was so friendly and helpful,...
    • Superior Room (with Body Jet Shower)

What a lovely place, everyone was so friendly and helpful, it's spotlessly clean and the added bonus of a pool. We only spent one night here but definitely will come back.

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

Perfect break for my partners birthday. Lovely people, beautiful location
    • Room with Four-Poster Bed

The only dislike was we could hear every floor board creak above us and every voice that went past our room

Breakfast was lovely. The couple who own the b and b were exceptionally helpful and just lovely people. The pool was awesome to be able to take a dip in before dinner and the little decking area was great to dry off in with a little drink.

• Reviewed: July 15, 2018

Lovely rooms with beautiful beam details.
    • Superior Room (with Body Jet Shower)

Lovely rooms with beautiful beam details. Fabulous little pool. Bathrooms are fantastic! Great cooked breakfast and wonderful staff. Walking distance to plenty of pubs, bars and restaurants and not too far from the lake either. Would highly recommend and definitely stay again!

• Reviewed: July 8, 2018

5 nights in July weather was superb.Welcomed by helpful staff.Food, pool and superior room ideal.
    • Superior Room with Spa Bath

Bed a bit too firm. Spa bath too noisy.

We had brilliant weather. Very helpful staff. Food very good. Pool nice and clean. Nice small sun terrace. Superior room ideal. Location beside Railway station. Plenty shops, restaurants in walking distance.

• Reviewed: July 7, 2018

Centrally located and very easy for access to all tourist attractions.

Nothing not to dislike.

The husband and wife team were exceptional very friendly and approachable and helpful, made us feel very welcome. Superb breakfast.

• Reviewed: June 27, 2018

Good access to the station.

I had an attic room which was very small with a double bed taking up most of the room. The sloping roof meant you had to keep bending to get around the room. It was a very hot day and the room was sweltering when I arrived as the velux window hadn't been opened to air the room out before I arrived.

Good access to Windermere Station.

• Reviewed: June 25, 2018

Perfect place to stay, with no complaints
    • Classic Double Room

Lovely warm welcome, excellent breakfast with loads yo choose from. Room really cosy with a comfortable bed. Swimming pool a bonus. Very close to shop, bars/restaurant's. Highly recommend it 😃

• Reviewed: June 24, 2018

lovely southview
    • Superior Room with Spa Bath

beautiful guest house in a perfect location. the rooms were lovely and clean and the staff were very friendly. will definately be staying there again. everything was perfect. 10 out of 10 for everything.

• Reviewed: June 5, 2018

Had a great stay & would use it again.
    • Classic Twin Room

Shower room in new condition but rather small.

Very friendly hosts, great cooked breakfast, very clean bedroom. Location good for the restaurants in Windermere & close to train station & bus routes.

• Reviewed: May 31, 2018

A relaxing quaint setting... loved the gardens.

Couldn't fault our stay.

Felt very welcome and nothing was too much trouble for our hosts. Our room was great... beautiful big bathroom... bed was SO comfy, we slept very soundly indeed! Breakfast conservatory was brightly appointed and the breakfast menu presented a range of choices... not too mention being a 'yummy' start to a day's exploring.

• Reviewed: May 31, 2018

Staff were really friendly and helpful, room was really...
    • Superior Room with Spa Bath

Staff were really friendly and helpful, room was really clean and comfortable. Brilliant swimming pool and spa bath in the room, would definitely recommend and happily stay again.

• Reviewed: May 30, 2018

Lovely place, good breakfast.
    • Classic Twin Room

The hotel was generally very clean and well presented. A few dusty bits round the pipes cover in the bathroom which was noticeable. Nothing major but is right infront of you when you use the toilet so it gets noticed.

Lovely staff, very friendly and nothing is too much trouble. The bed was very comfy and the room was nicely decorated. Location for windermere is fantastic, a short walk down to Bowness and a bus which can bring you back up.

• Reviewed: May 27, 2018

My stay in the hotel is pleasant!

I like the breakfast and the seating area of breakfast. It has an extended glass roof, so we could enjoy the sunshine while having breakfast. The staff are very helpful and heart warming. The room is clean. Although i stayed in the room with only roof window, the lighting is pretty good and airy. The room is quiet. The hotel is easy to reach, about 8 min walk from bus and train station. There are several good restaurants inexpensive around. I could also find supermarkets to buy drinks and bread. I would recommend this accommodation without hesitation.

• Reviewed: May 18, 2018

Excellent facilites, friendly staff and great location.

The staff were lovely and welcoming and I felt very comfortable during my stay. I was welcomed with a lovely slice of warm, homemade carrot cake - delicious! I especially liked the indoor swimming pool!

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

ENJOYABLE STAY. NICE ROO
    • Room with Four-Poster Bed

Squeaky bed. Every time we turned over bed squeezed badly and kept us awake. Lovely four poster but needs sorting. Breakfast advertised in book in room to finish at 9.30 at 9.16 we were abruptly told cooked brekky stopped at 9.15 to the amusement of all the other diners. The grumpy owner then agreed to cook up some but we had gone off the idea. The chirpy little girl the next morning was a joy. People skills.

Swimming pool. Room lovely.

• Reviewed: May 12, 2018

Convenient location for what we wanted to do
    • Classic Twin Room

The stair were steep for my husband but our cases were carried up & down for us so that was a great help

Everything was as we expected clean & tidy. very friendly staff

• Reviewed: May 10, 2018

The bathroom looked brand new.
    • Superior Room (with Body Jet Shower)

The temperature in the pool was a bit cold for us.

The bathroom looked brand new. The 6 nozzle shower was great. WiFi in the room was fast, around 30Gb.

• Reviewed: April 14, 2018

Having a nice place to stay helped me enjoy my break at Lakes

Nothing really

The room was nice, bed comfy and on-suite good. Staff were friendly and attentive. The B&B is very close to Windermere station and there are buses here to all parts of the Lake District.

• Reviewed: April 12, 2018

Great location and access to local amenities. Comfortable, though could be improved.
    • Superior Room with Spa Bath

The parking wasn't a great set up, cars boxed each other in. Only one packet of biscuits provided on the tea tray for a double room meant only one biscuit each. Cooked breakfast was quite sparse with only one Vegetarian sausage being provided on the plate. The television of the room next door could be heard in our room.

Selection of Board Games available and a comfortable bed. Great location in relation to the train station and the Booths supermarket. Vegetarian and Vegan options available for cooked breakfast was a good bonus, the scrambled eggs were absolutely fantastic.

• Reviewed: April 9, 2018

Good
    • Classic Twin Room

Nice personal staff, attention and quiet to sleep very well in the evening. Enough space to put our clothes and the bedroom was very clean, what I appreciate very much. For sure I recommend to everyone. The only issue I didn’t like it, it was about The opening time of the swimming pool was no that long that we spected because we thought to come back after walking around the town and get relax in there but it was closed.

• Reviewed: March 17, 2018

Pleasant, comfortable and relaxing stay with staff and owners who genuinely cared.
    • Classic Twin Room

You couldn't have done anything better really, the only problem we found was not having a ground floor for people who found it difficult to use the stairs. I'd pay a little extra if there was a chair lift. John 68 ( new knee) & Lilian 74 (rhum'd arth's)

The food at breakfast was prep'ed and cooked to order plus there was a nice selection to choose from. It was nice to be told that if we wanted to take food back to the hotel as long as we ate it in the bar area it would be OK and that they would supply the cutlery and plates. The bedroom No.3 was very clean and tidy and for a cold winters day it was quite cosy and warm.

• Reviewed: February 22, 2018

South View Windermere
    • Classic Double Room

There wasn't anything that we didn't like about South View.

Kate and Barry are excellent hosts, all staff are very friendly. Breakfasts are very good. Rooms and facilities very clean and we'll presented.

• Reviewed: February 22, 2018

Relaxing and peaceful.
    • Superior Room with Spa Bath

With it being a very cold time in January, when we arrived the room was cold until we put the heating on. I think maybe the heating should have been on low for when we arrived but other than that we enjoyed our stay.

The bed was very comfortable and big, also the jacuzzi bath was relaxing.

• Reviewed: February 19, 2018

It was very relaxing
    • Classic Twin Room

The staff were very helpful and welcoming. Breakfast was well cooked and presented, with wide menu choice. Swimming pool a great addition to the guest house . : . It sets South View apart from the rest of the pack😊 Great to have parking available too.

• Reviewed: February 19, 2018

Perfect location within minutes from the train station yet...

Perfect location within minutes from the train station yet quiet and peaceful. The owners went out of their way to accommodate my needs with an early runners breakfast and a late shower so that I didn’t need to board the train back to London all smelly and sweaty after a very muddy day out on the fells. Highly recommended!!!

• Reviewed: February 5, 2018

Very welcoming and the room suited us
    • Classic Double Room

Car parking is a bit tight and you can get blocked in, however, the staff have arrangements in place for that.

Very nice guesthouse and the staff made us feel welcome. Breakfasts were superb with plenty of choice. The pool was an added bonus

• Reviewed: January 30, 2018

COMFY, CLEAN, FRIENDLY AND VAULE!!
    • Classic Double Room

If i was in a different room. To close to the main door as it was noise.

Really enjoyed my stay at The Southview. Got a warm welcome, felt like i was at home. Hotel was very clean. Bed was really comfy. Pool was great. I will be back!!!

• Reviewed: January 15, 2018

Enjoyable
    • Classic Double Room

There was nothing I didn’t like

I liked that we got a free upgrade as Barry said they were doing some work on our original room. He was very polite and friendly showed us round

• Reviewed: November 14, 2017

Nice but not to the level i expected based on current reviews
    • Superior Room with Spa Bath

Parking very limited, swimming pool small and looked abit tired. The younger staff doesn't know how to be polite, turned us away abruptly because we turned up an hour late. Sounded like she was dictating rules did not feel i was a guest.

Very nice room and modern. Evening staff (older lady) very polite and accommodating. Indoor swimming pool a nice extra.

• Reviewed: November 9, 2017

I cannot fault this place.

I cannot fault this place. The room was well kept and comfortable, the staff were friendly and accommodating, and the breakfast was excellent. I would definitely come back here.

• Reviewed: November 2, 2017

Great value place to stay and a warm welcome guranteed.....

Nothing I didn't like, but as they do have this room in the eaves, I'd suggest that if you're a lone traveller and you do have problems with a windy staircase, check that this isn't the room you're allocated - I loved it but that's me

The welcome was really friendly and I was immediately made to feel right at home - the lady there showed me the parking space, how the keys work to get in, how to get in to the pool area and was just incredibly helpful. I had a room in the eaves area which was ok for me but if you had problems with stairs, this wouldn't be the room you'd want, but it was superb - really private, spacious and a bed to die for - small shower but perfectly ok and a great bathroom - the breakfast was superb abd everyone was just incredibly accommodating and happy - the pool is superb - not too long and you can just chill or swim - loved the place

• Reviewed: October 31, 2017

Staff were very happy to accomodate my partner who has ...
    • Classic Double Room

Staff were very happy to accomodate my partner who has special dietry requirements. Breakfast was absolutely delicious and we really appreciate the extra effort that was made. Thank you!

• Reviewed: October 30, 2017

It was perfect
    • Superior Room with Spa Bath

The breakfast in bed option was amazing the food was cooked brilliantly and very tasty, we especially like that the hotel was local to the town but quite enough to escape to when we wanted to relax. The staff were very friendly and helpful could not fault them I would happily go back here again. Access to attractions was really good as well due to most being within 30 minutes away plenty to do it’s great for couples due to the size.

• Reviewed: October 26, 2017

Brilliant for our first experience of the lake district!
    • Superior Room with Spa Bath

Everyone was friendly and welcoming we will return to Southview in the future as everything about our stay was excellent and of a really high standard. The breakfast and service were fabulous and all the staff were amazing.

• Reviewed: October 10, 2017

Perfectly peaceful
    • Superior Room (with Body Jet Shower)

Perfect place to stay, loved having room 6 - no one above us or on the same level. So peaceful. Breakfast staff superb as was check-in. Really nice friendly staff. Everything we could have wanted and wish we had booked for longer

• Reviewed: October 8, 2017

Comfortable stay in an excellent location
    • Classic Twin Room

We found the rooms to be too hot overnight even though the room heating wasn't on. Rooms are not soundproof and you can hear a lot that goes on within the guest house.

Staff were friendly and helpful. Breakfast was excellent. Rooms were pleasantly decorated and beds comfortable. Great shower.

• Reviewed: October 7, 2017

• Superior Room with Spa Bath

Nothing that l can think of.

Location was excellent to get to most places by foot along with the bus station just up the road bus only costing £8 each a day to hop off and on a lot cheaper then driving and parking places Southview was lovely and clean everywhere. Everybody made you feel welcome.

• Reviewed: September 23, 2017

Absolutely perfect holiday!
    • Classic Twin Room

There is nothing that could be better! They work so hard, and you can see the dedication they run this place with. I really loved staying here. They are VERY deserving of their four stars!

The bedroom was lovely and clean,beds were changed with fresh towels every day. Used indoor pool a couple of times which was lovely. Breakfast was fantastic and they were really making sure you were having it, how you wanted it, nothings a bother to them. There was loads of choice, and staff were fantastic with each guest. Made to feel very special and they take interest in you, it is a very friendly relaxing atmosphere. I will willingly stay here each time i come to the lakes in future.

• Reviewed: September 20, 2017

Lovely hotel in peaceful area
    • Superior Room with Spa Bath

Not a lot of parking but we had no problems as the hotel has a system in place which works very well.

Really lovely hotel in peaceful location. Beautifully decorated bedroom. Enjoyed the pool - a little oasis after a long day sightseeing. Board games on shelf in hallway was a good idea. Breakfast was really lovely and lots of choice (ordered kippers night before and were delighted the next day). We stayed in a few hotels during our stay in the Lake District and this was our favorite on all counts. Lovely warm welcome and helpful tips about the area from the lady owner when we arrived, and an equally friendly and sincere goodbye from the husband when we left. The personal touch really does make a huge difference, we felt welcome and well looked after. We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Reviewed: September 18, 2017

Would return, without hesitation.
    • Classic Double Room

The way the couple of days flew!

The location is excellent if you travel by train , and if not , a nice gentle stroll into the town centre. It is also set back from the main road , which means you are away from traffic noise , which makes for a good nights sleep, all in all a very relaxing couple of nights.

• Reviewed: September 10, 2017

Ideal location to explore the Lake District!
    • Superior Room with Spa Bath

A comfortable welcoming hotel with close access to hill climbs, Windermere lake walks and boat trips as well as Beatrix Potter's Tourist attractions. Excellent breakfast choices. I loved the quality freshly cooked poached eggs with smoked salmon!

• Reviewed: August 30, 2017

Great and so convienient
    • Superior Room (with Body Jet Shower)

If anything it would be something they can't control is rubbish bins around the entrance to the house.

The guest house was very nicely decorated, our room a very good size,very clean.the property is very close to the train station ,bus station,and the village of Windermere.there is a nice lounge to sit and also you can order drinks.the swimming pool is lovely and we were the only people in there.

• Reviewed: August 26, 2017

• Classic Double Room

The room (2) was immediately at the top of the first flight of stairs and the noise of people tramping up and down even at midnight was very loud. The room is also above the smoking area so the smell regularly wafted up and in. The guest house is also located near a thoroughfare for walkers and the noise of people walking through on Friday night was annoying. I think however this would only be a problem in summer when the window is open. The shower cubicle is tiny so lucky we are of ave size. A larger person might not actually fit in !! In fairness the room is advertised as being small so suggest you think twice if you are considering the cost vs amenity.

The location is fantastic- close to plenty of places to eat and to shops

• Reviewed: August 25, 2017

Would definitely stay again.
    • Superior Room with Spa Bath

Parking was a bit of a squeeze but they've done the best with what they have. I shouldn't have such a big car!

Owners were really friendly, helpful and made us feel welcome.

• Reviewed: August 19, 2017

ENJOYED EVERY MINUTE OF OUR STAY
    • Classic Double Room

whole 2 night stay was great it was so comfortable. the second day it rained all day so we had an hour swim and lay in the room most of the day the staff was top class and made us so welcome could'nt do enough for us, Breakfast is second to none this set us up for the whole day. On the whole a hotel to be proud to own. thankyou for a wonderful break

• Reviewed: August 19, 2017

I was a single female traveller and I felt completely...

I was a single female traveller and I felt completely comfortable at this guesthouse. The staff were friendly and helpful. The room was comfortable and the breakfast plentiful.

• Reviewed: August 16, 2017

Highly recommend
    • Superior Room with Spa Bath

Loved the friendly greeting as I arrived, full tour and explanation of how things worked, what to see and do in town...the rooms are spacious and very well appointed. Close to town with easy pedestrian access, no shortage of activities available

• Reviewed: August 13, 2017

Stunning special stay for our Graduation celebration, a great stepping stone start to an Adventure in the Lakes

Room 1 is not safe for disabled elderly and visibly impaired guests,a double little step outside room is a trip hazard Were double-locked out of our booked room, inconvenient as we arrived very late due to delayed flight and evening train cancellation, so arrived by fast taxi instead ! Decoraters painted outside premises before our check out time, spoiled last day photo No pets allowed ?!

Management and staff were extremely friendly and helpful Great British Cooked Breakfast and delicious fresh fruits and vegetarian and pescarian options for all the family with pretty fresh flowers on all tables Use of indoor swimming pool and plants Lovely garden to sit out in quiet location Walking distance 5 minutes up to Train and Bus station and village, not far to Lake Windermere 20 minutes walk

• Reviewed: August 13, 2017

Very enjoyable and very convenient for the Lake District Summer Music Concerts I wanted to go to.

Everyone was very welcoming and helpful. The swimming pool was a great extra bonus. The location is great for access to shops and restaurants - and for getting out of Windermere in all directions.

• Reviewed: August 9, 2017

Relaxing stay
    • Superior Room (with Body Jet Shower)

Unfortunately what let the room down was the power shower the shower unit that we payed extra for the water pressure was very poor therefore resulting in the shower not working as it should of done having said that we would return to this lovely guest house but not in room 5 !!

The breakfast was excellent catering for everyone the owners were very warm and welcoming and was treated to home made cake and cup of tea on arrival which was a nice bonus we were in room 5 on the top floor the room was a good size with the usual tea/ coffee facility it was very clean the bed was a king size and very comfortable

• Reviewed: August 2, 2017

Lovely stay at southview guest house
    • Classic Double Room

The basic rooms are small but you get what you pay for. Other than that perfect !

Excellent position for walk into bowness and windermere also close to train station a very cosy and friendly guest house. Stayed here before and we will definitely return. Pool excellent and outside sitting area also great. Lovely home cooked breakfast also offer other choices for those who dont want the full breakfast. Very clean and rooms tastefully decorated. Excellent value for money .Excellent hosts ,loved the carrot cake on arrival, little things that make a difference.

• Reviewed: August 2, 2017

Lovely accommodation, perfectly located
    • Superior Room (with Body Jet Shower)

Parking very limited, spaces small and if guest house full, cars are blocked in. Difficult angles to get in/out of spaces.

Excellent breakfast. Clean and comfortable accommodation. Friendly staff.

• Reviewed: July 28, 2017

stayed for 4 days as part of my birthday celebrations, super...
    • Superior Room with Spa Bath

stayed for 4 days as part of my birthday celebrations, super location . staff were really friendly and helpful .lovely clean room and super breakfast, the swimming pool is a super addition .would really recommend south view, fab break

• Reviewed: July 16, 2017

Excellent location.
    • Superior Room with Spa Bath

Excellent location. We were able to park up the car and walk to bars/restaurants. Didn't have to travel too far to get to any of the attractions/sights we wanted to visit. The owners Kate and Barry were so pleasant and helpful and very knowledgeable about the surrounding area/attractions.

• Reviewed: July 15, 2017

Fantastic!
    • Superior Room with Spa Bath

Owners of the guest house were friendly, the room was big enough with a spa bath in the bathroom :)) breakfast was yum;p ! its very close to the train station and to many shops and restaurants:) realy loved it there

• Reviewed: July 15, 2017

GOOD LOCO AND FAB BREAKFAST

ROOM WAS TO SMALL COULD NOT WALK ABOUT UPRIGHT AS THE BED FILLED THE ROOM IT LOOKED LIKE A LOFT CONVERTION AND CERTAINLY WAS NOT WORTH £60 PER NIGHT ALSO BATHROOM WAS TINY

SITUATION AND BREAKFAST

• Reviewed: July 7, 2017

Perfect spot if you are traveling by train

I stayed in the lovely attic room which was perfect for one; might be tight for two. Check on the breakfast hours if you are on a tight schedule.

Short walk from train station; full English breakfast; attention to detail; Kate and staff lovely. Excellent value.

• Reviewed: July 1, 2017

A cosy place for a short stay

The room sizes were smaller than what I was expecting....

The place is located within walking distance from the railway station and the high street. Its a small guest house and although the room sizes are relatively small, we found them cosy & comfy. We stayed there for 2 nights and the place also has an indoor swimming pool which we could not make use of during our stay. We did not eat breakfast at the hotel but we loved the delicious carrot cake that was offered at the time of checkin. As Vegans, we relied upon Sainsbury option which was within walking distance from the guest house for our food needs. Overall, a nice place for a short stay (we stayed 2 nights)

• Reviewed: June 24, 2017

Overall a great stay
    • Superior Room (with Body Jet Shower)

Room was great but would have liked a heads up it was on the 3rd Floor was tough for my hubbies knees. Bed was good but better pillows would be great. Breakfast was great except the 2nd day I asked for a bacon toastie and was given 2 slices of cold toast and 2 slices of bacon separate and had to make my own sandwhich it was all cold by the time I did it.

• Reviewed: June 23, 2017

Would definitely stay again.
    • Classic Twin Room

It was very clean and welcoming. We were greeted and shown around the facilities, then given a slice of carrot cake (my favorite) while we settled in. The room was very clean and comfortable, with a small, but perfectly adequate, shower en-suite. The breakfast was better than a lot of hotels I have stayed in. The staff were also very thoughtful towards the guests and happy to help with any problem you may have. Parking could be tight but any competent driver should be able to manage easily.

• Reviewed: June 17, 2017

A lovely B&B with lovely staff.

The twin room we had was really small, but the en suite was the smallest I have ever seen!

The staff were lovely and helpful. They offered little extra touches, such as home made carrot cake on arrival and a choice of three fish dishes for breakfast (Which was great!). The pool was lovely and the location could not be better for exploring Windermere.

• Reviewed: June 14, 2017

The breakfast was very good apart from the sausages
    • Classic Twin Room

The room size was very small for the price bearing in mind we stayed at a 4* hotel for not much more with a lovely big room and television.

The breakfast was very good apart from the sausages

• Reviewed: June 12, 2017

Ideal for a short getaway
    • Superior Room with Spa Bath

The pool temperature was a little cold, but hey, it's a minor thing.

Barry was very friendly on arrival and explained everything clearly. The room was massive (and so was the bed), with the facilities also excellent. The location was ideal for a quick walk into the town centre, a walk to the lake is only 20/30 minutes away, and it's nearby good places for food and drink.

• Reviewed: June 11, 2017

Don't waste your money.
    • Superior Room with Spa Bath

Run down, bed uncomfortable, swimming pool no bigger than a bath, jaquzzi bath was like havING a mri scan all you could here was bang bang bang. Breakfast gave us food poisoning and wasn't even nice before that! Staff/owners was slow with service, rude and stuck up.

• Reviewed: June 10, 2017

My all round experience was very good.
    • Room with Four-Poster Bed

The rain!! But it didn't stop us enjoying ourselves.

My all round experience was very good.The staff were exceptionally helpful and accommodating. Will definitely visit and stay there again 😃👍

• Reviewed: May 28, 2017

Actually, the pool makes a huge difference!
    • Classic Double Room

Occasional squeaky floorboards above.

Very friendly staff. Not intrusive but made you feel welcome. Lovely pool which was a really good extra for the value. Very good breakfast. Comfortable room. Lovely walk nearby overlooking Lake Windermere. Very happy thank you.

• Reviewed: May 19, 2017

Friendly hospitality
    • Room with Four-Poster Bed

It was great having the small area with the sofa in the room. Our room was warm, quiet and very comfortable. Good breakfast and the staff friendly and helpful. Would definitely come back.

• Reviewed: May 12, 2017

Lovely stay in the heart of Windermere

Parking was a bit tight

The bed was very very comfortable (room 8) and the room spacious and spotlessly clean. The breakfasts were varied and delicious and freshly prepared each morning. There was a lounge bar too. Staff were friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: May 11, 2017

Lovely hotel
    • Superior Room (with Body Jet Shower)

Staff were a bit disorganised at breakfast Never took used plates away for ages even though had been past our table with either notepad or nothing in hand Forgot to bring extra tea /coffee when requested by us and others Didn't seem to know who arrived when for breakfast one couple waited ages to be asked for order of drinks as they just didn't realise they were there but had been in conservatory area taking other orders

Room was fab with amazing view Nice welcome Food good Staff were nice but breakfast staff slow

• Reviewed: May 6, 2017

Very noisy did not sleep well people shouting ok for heavy sleepers.
    • Classic Double Room

The breakfast was it set you for the day.

It was not good for ♿ to get anywhere stairs even to the pool,people were very very nice but not for me thank you.

• Reviewed: May 4, 2017

After reading the reviews it "Does what it says on the tin"

Beds were really comfortable, in a good size room. Modern, airy, and spotlessly clean. The breakfast was hot, tasty, and more than ample. Also had a swimming pool which you rarely see in a B&B All the staff were pleasant and informative. Would certainly stay again

• Reviewed: May 1, 2017

Near lake Windmire - great!

The room was in the artic, I felt closed -phobic. The sun roof was. not to operate for a small person like me. The garden was not as nice as portrayed on line.

The shower taps were easy to regulate the water temperature. Staff were warm, wellcoming, helpful and approachable. Central location, to town centre, rail, bus,taxi facilities and self guided walks.'

• Reviewed: April 25, 2017

We enjoyed our stay very much and would recommend South View to our family and friends.
    • Classic Double Room

The only thing that could have been better was to have a chair in the room instead of a stool as my husband suffers with his back.

We liked our room, facilities and the breakfast was deliciously cooked and tasted lovely.

• Reviewed: April 23, 2017

A Wonderful Stay in Windermere
    • Classic Double Room

A delicious piece of freshly baked cake was offered upon our check in. A nice touch which was once common, but is becoming rare with B 'n Bs ! Friendly welcome and service. The view from our window and the comfort of our room was excellent. Short walk into main streets of town. Delightful setting.

• Reviewed: April 12, 2017

Excellent value for money
    • Superior Room (with Body Jet Shower)

There was nothing I didn't like

Loved our stay. Very friendly staff, hotel was lovely and clean, breakfast was amazing. We'd definitely stay again.