Reviews of Spencer Court 3 stars

37 Spencer Square, Ramsgate, CT11 9LD, United Kingdom

#12 of 12 hotels in Ramsgate

5.5

6.2

The fact that the website said it had a bar, but it didn't, they said the website needed updating.

Myself, my wife, 2 grandchildren and a family friend stayed here for one night. We have stayed in better in the past for less money. I paid £210. for 3 double rooms.In my opinion It was not as bad as some of the reviews I have read, our 73 year old friend who is disabled, found the stairs difficult, as they were quite steep. you couldn't avoid stairs even if your room was on the ground floor, as the breakfast room is in the basement. She found her bed uncomfortable, and she couldn't reach the controls in her shower, so went without one. She did remark about the hotel being very clean. the only complaint our grandchildren had, was the internet not very good, as they had their noses in their phones most of the time. My wife and myself had a pokey room, but the toilet and shower were very good. According to my wife, she didn't sleep very well, but I did. We all thought the breakfast was very good. Great location. On the whole not brilliant but not too bad.

The hotel was generally very run down and in need of complete refurbishment. Upstairs shower leaked through our bedroom ceiling.

Our room was bright and clean with a view of the square and sea. Breakfast was not bad at all.

N/A.

the bed was comfortable for me as I have a back problem, so it was very good. it was also clean. and the staff were very friendly. there is also a very quit garden across the street to sit and think.

In need of total redecoration even in better areas. Stair carpet was loose and worn. Other than bed all furnishing etc extremely old fashioned and in need of replacement.

Staff were extremely friendly & helpful and place was clean.

we Had 2 member of the family staying here . Both rooms had no working tv, no hot water , We had to share a plug . We shall never stay here again

From start to finish it was horrible everything was dirty and dusty. The door handle, tv, shower and toilet were broken. The carpet and decor was worn, tired and dirty. The bed was the worst I have ever stayed in and dipped into the middle. The sockets were not secured properly and looked dangerous with cables running everywhere. The furniture was falling apart and was unsturdy. When I tried to find someone to complain to there was never anyone around . The kettle was dirty so couldn’t have a cup of tea. All in all it was the worst stay I have ever experienced

There was nothing about the place to like . I have never stayed in a place as run down and dirty.

The Shower room/WC was on the small side (but very clean and newly renovated). We were also a bit unlucky with having a gentleman next door who was talking loudly on his phone for hours in the hours around midnight and again at 5.45am plus watching television on very loud volume, whilst chanell hopping, so the thin walls didn't help keep the noise disturbance out, which in turn resulted in a couple of nights sleep being ruined.

Location is fantastic and the staff were super helpful and attentive! Beutiful view over the Victorian Square and easy access to parking locally. Good breakfast included and it seemed we could have almost whatever we'd like in the morning - thank you!

The bed was very uncomfy with a really thin duvet. The door to the bathroom was a sliding shower door. I sat on a chair in the room and I fell off as only 3 legs!

Nothing. Everything was fine!

Spencer court is housed within a structurally Georgian/Tudor style building difficult to spot under the modern interior. It is a historically significant location in Ramsgate being Spencer square. I like that the hotel breakfast room is adorned and embraces the history of the area with interesting photos and pictures of Spencer square. Makes me feel very privileged to learn about the unique history of Ramsgate.

Wifi bit slow

Very clean and bright quirky old regency property in a beautiful square with garden opposite and Vincent van Gogh's former home and house he taught in, Quiet hotel nice breakfast

Location not great, narrow street full of parked cars. Breakfast served slowly. Seemed to be cooked individually. How about getting a catering size frying pan? Young lad serving breakfast was nice lad but needs a bit of training. Please use better quality bread and try to toast evenly. Dreadful cheap baked beans and sausages.Really the quality of the breakfast is summed up with one word CHEAP! But the eggs were cooked well.

Guy who greeted us and checked us in was great. Bed was fantastic the best. Shower room new clean compact but not too small. Nice size room. We couldn't park outside but it was Spring Bank Holiday weekend and we did find a good place to park 5 minutes away. All staff were friendly. Eggs were fried exactly as requested, well done and flipped over. Why do others find this impossible to do?

Only a shower in room and, although there was a room labelled Bathroom, it was locked all the time I was there. I had wanted a bath as I came back very cold and wet after a long walk in the rain but had to take a shower.

They let me switch rooms to a lighter one with a sea view. Also I asked for an extension cable as the kettle could not be boiled safely and they provided that. The breakfast gave options. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Avoid this run down, smelly, badly run rip off 'hotel'. Bedroom hadn't been decorated in over 30 years, common areas smelly and holes in an old carpeting dating to the 70s, no towels in the room, no reception or staff anywhere when I arrived! Had to ring up and wait 10 minutes to be let in. TV and WiFi didn't work, breakfast vile and greasy. YUK!

AVOID AT ALL COSTS!

Room dirty. Quilt filthy. No glass in window. Crack from ceiling to door. Wardrobe dirty and wobbly. Drawer bottom hanging out. Kettle on floor. Loose sockets. Shared dirty cramped shower. This property is a health safety and fire risk.

Nothing to like

Rooms. Facilities, it was either have a first floor room with a shower door as a toilet door which my husband hit his head on and the bedroom door needed banging to open as stuck. Pipes not concealed under sink. A fire hazard in my eyes. Or ground floor room which had a proper door for the bathroom and concealed pipes but had no natural light as window was blocked by building not a metre away. The room was next to lounge.

Breakfast was awful. Not what it was described and they only had half the things they said they offered on the menu... Then acted shocked when we asked if they had it! They do not make clear that my room did not have an ensuite and the staff were quite rude and unhelpful.

Impossible to get the shower to work. Water that did come out was cold. The plug in the sink didn't hold any water, so continuously topping up as it ran away. A lot of steps that weren't visibly marked and tripped a couple of times. The dining room was in the basement, which I thought wasn't such a good place to have one.

Really bad condition - tired, unloved and very sad looking - dirty outside areas, flaking paintwork, ripped carpets. Horrid pokey room with badly decorated paintwork, tiling and shower room.

General cleanliness

1. the bed and pillows sheet were not clean 2. TV was not working 3. no internet 4. I could not reach to the reception counter as the door was closed to get to the reception 5. Kettle was blocked by limescale 6. spider web between the wall and drawer 7. no parking and it was very difficult to find a park around the hotel

Room was old fashioned and tied.no radiator working paint pealing off wall.coukd do with a reference.

Location value for money send great breakfast. Beds comfortable

Wasn’t very welcoming, didn’t give us a lot of information. Had to ask when breakfast was and had to come back down to ask when checkout was. Wasn’t very helpful

A scruffy and poorly maintained establishment. Planters near the door just had rubbish and fag ends in them. I was booked into an ensuite room but it turned out not to be, although they had tried to contact me about this. No discount was offered to compensate and my card had already been charged when I arrived, in contrast to what was given on their entry; the table light did not work; the roof light blind was inoperable; there was only one bare striplight. My room 10 under the roof was, as mentioned by other reviewers, up a very steep and narrow set of stairs. Not a problem for me but it should be described so that this can be considered when booking.

The sheets and the washing facilities were clean. The gentleman who saw me in was helpful. The building is in a pleasant square near the sea. Tea and coffee making in room (but no biscuits).

The room was comfortable enough but the ‘en suite’ was a very small wet room with a toilet and shower in a built in pod about 10ft by 2.5ft which had a glass folding door. Even the most hardened couples would find this difficult. The door to the room stuck and was impossible to open and was a fire hazard.

The hotel was in a good place and the Staff tried their hardest to get it right and be helpful.

Nicer beds, they were nearly falling apart. The climb to ( The loft)wasn't good, I have a knee replacement. The shower room was filthy. I had eggs on toast for breakfast, the bread was horrible cheap thin sliced white, I didn't finish it.

Filthy, no tv, no bulbs, shower did not work, decor appalling. Everything was disgusting.

Nothing. This is an absolute doss house. I can't believe this is allowed to run as a business.

The airal on television wasn't very good , so had trouble getting a picture

Good friendly staff ,comfortable bed ,good location good choice at breakfast

Free parking is advertised, but spaces are at a premium in the square, so on several occasions I had to park a few streets away. Free WiFi also but the signal dropped out every few minutes in my room. My bed was far from comfortable for me personally.

Upgraded to an en suite double room, it was clean,warm and adequate but very tired decoratively. Location was excellent and full English breakfast was good served very promptly.

Everything! As above

I liked nothing, no staff on premises, filthy rooms nothing like illustrations online, could/ should have walked out if I could have achieved a refund

I had read other reviews and was expecting the hotel and the rooms to be run down, in keeping with the price. However, when things are a bit old and tired, they tend to look dirty - that's when the hotel has to try extra hard to make sure everything is clean. Unfortunately this hotel didn't. I'm not a picky traveller; I can cope with a saggy bed and scratchy towels and a room that needs new windows, new paint and repairs to the radiator (they had a replacement heater). But, there is absolutely no reason why there should have been other people's hair in the shower and on the toilet lid, other people's toothpaste and mascara on the mirrors, cobwebs in the corners and mould, limescale and other people's soap splashes all through the bathroom. Essentially if I can scrape it off with a finger nail, it shouldn't be there. There's no excuse for not cleaning behind the shower door.

The check in process was quick, even though I arrived at the same time as two other groups. The staff were friendly and I was given my receipt (although I would have preferred the option of being able to pay in cash, this was certainly faster). The breakfast was tasty and I was able to request what I wanted from their menu.

Everything was wrong where shall i start .. first impression on arrival parking was difficult ..the lady that welcomed us was very pleasant initial thoughts on entering was Spencer court hotel was very very tired and in great need of refurb and very hot .. we were shown to our room which was room 1 up a flight of stairs at the top we turned right and down 2 steps into a very narrow hallway up 1 step quite difficult to manouvre with a case ..at end of hall down 2 steps and tripped up another half step .. on entering the room it immediately struck us as being very tired we were shown a reasonably good(we thought!!) bathroom .. however as we later found the light switch was on opposite side of room to the door !! next to another door which opened onto a hallway ! 2 large mirrors in this room seems one is used to hide a boarded up window !! sink in bathroom didnt have hot water even though it had 2 taps there was nowhere to hang towels which were supplied but very poor standard i have better floor cloths .. The next morning i attempted a shower BIG MISTAKE eventually managed to work out how to get water to come out hot was a slow trickle big shower head way too heavy for the holder which wouldnt stay up ..to stand under .. i proceeded to shampoo hair and wash before i could rinse the water went icy cold and didnt warm again .. When first entered bedroom was unbearably hot we had to open windows as radiator wouldnt turn off it was a very small room ... partner almost got hit on the head by headboard which wasnt fixed either to bed or wall when he sat on the bed ..we put that in the bathroom it was all bent and had loose knob on one end .. should have been thrown out... Bed was very old and quite lumpy.. sheets duvet cover and pillowcases were very clean unlike the duvet and pillows inside them .. the wardrobe didnt have any hangers nor anywhere to hang or place belongings someone had wedged a drinks can along side wardrobe i guess to stop it wobbling ...

The lady that checked us in was polite . There is nothing nice to say about Spencer Court Hotel

Central heating did not work so had to plug in additional heating. Wi-Fi unreliable via TV and mobile devices, lots of wires/plugs running across rooms and extension lead (could be dangerous!) one small cartoon of milk in room for two people, also coffee and tea sachets really cheap and tasted awful, I am afraid! Breakfast menu stated would be fresh fruit but none laid out. However asked for scrambled egg on toast - it was lovely!

Bed very comfy, was a sea view, clean, and staff friendly.

Ensuite was a joke and the smallest I have ever seen. Even though I stated that I had limited mobility, I was not told that there were many steps to climb, with no lift.

The bedding was clean. The one staff member we saw was friendly.

Nothing really it was just what I was expecting.

The staff were very polite, the bedroom was comfortable and the breakfast was very good. I was pleasantly surprised that it was relatively easy to find an on-street parking space no more than 50 meters from the hotel.

The whole place is shabby and needs to be redecorated and brought up to date. The bed was so soft you rolled into the middle, most uncomfortable. Furniture was falling to bits. After running tap for ten minutes you got warm water, not hot. We stayed here a few years ago and it was ok we will certainly not be returning.

Best part of our room was the bathroom. Breakfast was good.

Only a suggestion - I stayed on 1st December and Summer quilt was on the bed - could have done with it being a winter quilt as was freezing cold.

Very convenient for the sights and sounds of Ramsgate

Shabby decor in public areas. Broken bed. Lack of attention to detail. Only one bedside lamp which you could only turn off by getting out of bed and moving bedside cabinet to turn off plug. Filthy behind cabinet. Would benefit from somewhere in shower to put toiletries. Very strange door to ensuite ( a glass shower screen) so no privacy on loo! Breakfast poor. Rather 1 good sausage than 2 value, and only one button mushroom halved , better not to bother. Scant cup of tea each in tiny pot. Sure could of asked for more but lost will by then. Bacon, eggs and beans nice. Could excuse on price but looked on booking.com that evening and other better rated accommodation at similar price ( they may have dropped for last minute, we booked a few weeks ago).

Charming recency square. Convenient for town and harbour. Very quiet. Nice and warm. Shower area recently refurbished. Linen clean.

the decor

the location was very good near sea front and only 10 minutes walk from the town center the room was clean bed comfy but the decor was outdated we overlooked the tennis courts and a partial sea view. The breakfast was excellent staff very friendly and good value for money.

The room was poor, decor poor in the room, no hot water in room, window broken but "fixed" later on, no central heating but an oil fired heater in the room which was leant against the wall, stairway to room difficult and narrow a possible safety hazard, the bed I was in was terrible has it had half collapsed at the base and wood with nails sticking out of it I ended up sleeping on the floor to get some sleep, my wife's bed was not level, this is to name a few things. To be fair I was asked to look at the room before I paid but declined as I wanted somewhere to stay for one night and it was hard to find another place but it was an insult to charge for this room. This could be a good hotel if basic things were put right.

Staff were friendly, breakfast was good and freshly cooked, check in was easy. The public areas were warm and not too bad but tired in places. There was a fridge in the living room that guests could help themselves to a carton of soft drink free of charge. Location was good for the town and sea and the house was quirky.

First room we were shown, the window had fallen out!! Central heating not working. No hot water from hand basin.

Very good breakfast and friendly staff. Location was great. Had balcony and sea view.

The whole room needs refurbishment! It’s dated and tired and very unloved, there was dog food in the cupboard and multiple things in the bed draws the shower door was dirty and a broken cable hanging in the room. The bed needs to be replaced desperately it was just old and lumpy. The balcony is a great feature but needs repairs! Even the bin in the room was dented badly and that will cost a couple of quid to replace. All in all a terrible room but could be so much better. I’m sorry but we won’t be returning.

The only Thing we liked about it was the view and the breakfast on the Monday morning.

Received a text in the morning saying "please be informed that due to the ongoing refurbishment of the common areas and for Health and safety concerns, check in is delayed till 4pm." This meant I had to restructure my day to arrive later than I originally intended. Couldn't see any evidence of any refurbishment when I arrived. Given a dark room on the ground floor that seemed to be converted from a living room. No light, no view and no air circulating from the window, which opened onto another window and a wall a foot or so across an air-well. Smells from the kitchen came through the window in the morning. The entrance hall and reception area was not very inviting, and would have benefited from a good clean and tidy-up. It was okay for one night as a place to sleep, but I wouldn't have wished to stay any longer.

Good full English breakfast with excellent bacon. I was pleased to have kettle in the room. The room was quiet and the wifi worked well. I found the location reasonably handy for the seafront and town centre.

Couldn't find a parking space directly outside property.

Location was good. Excellent breakfast included. Clean and comfortable. Friendly staff.

Nothing was to dislike really. The only thing I can think of is the heating was a little too hot at times.

It was so nice and the hospitality was so amazing with kindness. Made my son and I very welcome.

Parking was hit and miss, regular traffic warden from 6.30 in the morning so beware of the restrictions.

The host Dal was most helpful and knowledgeable about the area and pleasant conversation to boot.

Room was damp and cold poor decor,no hot water in the sink in the bathroom,tv didn,t work,would not stay there again,and is not value for money

same as above

there was no ventilation in breakfast room and it was so hot as it was next to kicthen we had to eat our breakfast quickly also there were broken chairs in breakfast room not good for older people

Rooms were on the tired side No one appeared to be at the property at any time Contact number on front door and waited about ten minuits for someone to let us in and show us to the room Given key to room and front door key

Cereal or full English Not everone was told that could help themselves to cereal and juice Full a English was nice

No lift my 93 year old father who is all most blind was put on the second floor and had no toilet in his room. We were told if we want a room with a toilet we would have to pay for a doublethink for him there is no toilets in any of there single rooms ,and we had to pay up front on checking in .

The outside of The building and the cooked breakfast

Room looked rough.no glass in bedroom window.shared shower with no rail.glad I only stayed one night.bed was income but clean.never again!

It was close to the town n harbour

The bathroom was very small and the light/extractor fan was noisy so that if one needed the bathroom in the night the other was disturbed.

The room had a good view from French doors and a balcony. We were asked daily if we needed anything in the room and otherwise we were given privacy.

The hotel made errors in the booking that was confirmed by Booking.com. They only noted one night instead of two nights, despite me phoning them several times. They had me down for two rooms when one had been cancelled. This is certainly NOT a 3 star hotel - more a 1 star hotel. I asked where any restaurants were, the staff replied they did not know. The restaurants in Ramsgate are 10 min walk away.. Overall, disgraceful management.

Rien - nothing

Everything, when I left that damp smell was in my hair, my child hair and cloth.

I had to check out and look for other accommodation. As soon you walk in the place you could smell damp.in the bedroom the shower was really smelling of damp and the tiles grouts was black. I just couldn't let my child 5 yrs to sleep on that place.the parking was a nightmare I had to leave my car on yellow line. The price for the room was £70. I didn't get refund but I booked the oak hotel for £80 just the harbour was excellent.

choice of breakfast and tea and coffee in room and hot water

we did not have crossents no choice cerial breakfast was not very nice the water in bathroom cold asked for toast the last day and got one slice each no fruit not a good choice

The entrance hallway & room smelt of drains. The property looked tired and need of repair / renovation

The bed was comfortable and the shower was hot

Difficult to get in on arrival - reception was not manned, no response to doorbell. Had to phone to get staff to come to open up from where they lived nearby. Property is quite old and some facilities are poorly maintained - loose toilet seat, dangerously broken casing on electrical socket, TV aerial didn't work.

Convenient location, friendly staff, comfortable bed, nice view from window, decent breakfast

The twin room we first got was a double bed and a very old camp bed. Got swapped to a twin the next day with very old beds. Quite old and run down but does have great potential if some improvements put in place.

Great location. Just a short walk into town and just a few seconds from a great view of the sea. Although I had some issues with the customer service on arrival, the staff were very helpful when I asked to swap rooms and at breakfast.

There was a confusion over booking. After a few hours of a last minute booking I was phoned and told that the room wasn't available due to a computer error, leaving me little time to organise alternatives. Some time later I was called and told there was in fact a room available! Breakfast finished at 9, which we missed. My partner left her rings in the room. When we returned to collect them we were told that the cleaner had thrown them out! After insisting they were found... they were found immediately!... Not ideal.

The room was filthy - not just uncleaned from the previous guest, but historically uncleaned to the point of being unhygienic - you could write your name in the dust on some of the surfaces. The shower had mould growing in it, the electric shower itself leaked and was a safety hazard, the toilet was unflushed and still contained evidence of a previous occupants bowel movement, and there was an awful smell from the sewer / drain located just outside the window in this downstairs room. Although we complained and cleaned up the room ourselves, and were offered our money back, we had no choice but to stay in the room since all other (reasonably priced) hotels were fully booked and we had to get to a family function an hour after we checked in.

Nothing at all.

-The room was really a single not a twin. -A second bed had been crammed in with other furniture all along wall by side of bed. Both bedheads unstable, one knocked against the radiator (directly behind it) at the slightest movement. Only folding towel double thickness over the radiator stopped the noise. -Ceiling fan looked in danger of flying off at full speed so kept to half power. -No additional mat to step out of shower, and carpet in the shower room was grubby. -Parking around the square was pot luck, but other streets possible spaces. -Flight of steps down to dining room in basement and several flights up to rooms, depending on what floor you are on. No lift. -The B& B in general looks run down, in need of an overhaul.

-Excellent location, short walk into harbour and town. -Small public gardens opposite with tennis court and small hut selling hot/cold drinks and snacks. -Bed linen and towels were clean. -Breakfast was good. - -Ceiling fan/light worked well when kept on half speed to avoid vibration. -Sitting room had books available and chess board set out. -Staff were very obliging and pleasant. They did well under difficult conditions. -We were out most of the time, so for a two night stay it was fine for us.

Tiny room. Minute television. Impossibly small shower. Basin in the room - in need of attention and repair. Badly cooked breakfast.

The ceiling fan, which was necessary.

The shower was dirty it had hairs in the bottom, there was tea stands on the bed side cabinet

The bedding was very clean, we was late for breakfast and the staff kindly made us breakfast and brung it up to our room for us!

Extract had a dust coat which I removed Light switch in bathroom was opposite end to door Another door to corridor in bathroom with key hole. (Voters paradise)with flimsy catch so room not secure Good quality electric shower with broken soap tray on riser Shower door high quality shame installer hadn't finished it off correctly

We're going to supply breakfast in bag for morning early leave :- no breakfast Called and told reception : received a call later apologising and would I like £5 refunded or reduced rate next stay. I opted for £5 to be placed in my bank. Two days later no transaction seen. Via internet banking

Décor was tired. Just one parking space on nearby street. Suspect parking will be almost impossible in high season.

Good, cooked to order, full English breakfast, served promptly considering the hotel was full. Very convenient location near the harbour. If you are looking for cheap basic accommodation near the sea front then it does the job with no frills.

Excellent location, a few doors down from Van Gogh's old residence and very close to beaches, restaurants, bars, Ramsgate Tunnels and town centre. Staff were helpful and friendly. Full English breakfast was great.

The bed was very uncomfortable as we kept falling towards the middle of it. The shower, although modern, wasn't powerful enough and the wardrobe was a bit small. Floorboards were a little creaky but understandable in such an old property. Car parking was difficult and we lucky to find a space anywhere near the property.

Breakfast, though quite late, was excellent as were the two staff we saw. Accomodation was only a 10 walk to our rendezvous. Didn't use the tea and coffee maker but it was well stocked. An ideally located property.

Room dusty, Sink was coming away from the wall and the hot tap was loose and spun round! Hair dryer was meant to be available but could not find it and staff not around! TV tiny and had no signal so was not watchable

Staff polite, location was ok

Toilet and shower facilities very poor. Wouldn't shower there. Fabric of the hotel, ancient and decrepit. Any work done in the premises was of cowboy standard. No wardrobe space or drawers to lay out clothes. Had to live out of my travelling bag.

Breakfast was the only thing of value.

• Reviewed: 1 June 2017

Bit tired decor but I only slept in the room.Didn't matter much.

Solid cheap no nonense .Friendly staff.Good to get with too. Bad linen clean nice little telly .Fan in room very effective.Good location for town and coast. nice square outside with coffee shall plants and tennis courts.

Pipeline noise in the middle of the night/morning. Wifi used to come and go. Towels were wet when I got there and the same the next morning when removed/changed. They charged my debit card when I got there without even telling me. Humidity smell was over the decent levels.

Very close proximity to a coop,to the Ramsgate Barbican and restaurants and town centre. Excellent location.

Unclean, tatty, falling apart. Breakfast only from 8 - 9 and you don't put mushrooms in the microwave! No table or desk in the room for working with a laptop! A TV with very few channels and poor reception.

Nothing to say!

• Reviewed: 26 May 2017

In bad need of a full update. This is the worst property I have ever stayed in. I would not recommend this property to anyone. I had a single room with no ensuite facilities. The toilet was along the hall with a nasty looking shower built over the staircase and a door that was extremely difficult to lock. I was kept awake all night because the windows in my room didn't shut properly no matter how hard I tried and the wind was making them rattle all night long.

Not much

The property is run down and needs attention inside and out. Need more variety at breakfast for non meat eaters. No one at the property overnight.

Friendly Staff. Clean Bedding.

The property was in poor state. Carpets needed updating. Room smelled of cigarette or cigar smoke. The room needed a good clean, there was dust everywhere and stains on the wall. The laminated menus on the breakfast table were filthy and needed wiping with disinfectant! It all needs an overhaul and a good clean!

Was able to park directly outside the property. The bed was comfortable and clean. The staff were accommodating and friendly. The breakfast was sufficient with more tea and toast available on request.

Staff friendliness is by far the major problem in this accommodation. The experience would be very different if staff were friendly and took a genuine interest in their guests.

Very good location and very quiet accommodation.

Bathroom facilities were poor and had very unequal heating between the ground and upper floors.

Good location within easy walking distance of the harbour and also to connecting bus routes. Quite area overlooking an Edwardian square. Nice Café playing vinyl nearby.