Reviews of St Andrews Town Hotel 3 stars

St Andrews Drive, Droitwich, WR9 8BS, United Kingdom

#4 of 6 hotels in Droitwich

No access to a taxi in the morning so would advise guests to book the night before.

The room was comfortable, perfect for one night and the bed very comfortable and bedding exceptionally clean. I ate an evening meal in the restaurant and it was one of the best meals I have had - excellent.

Just one small criticism is that the menu in the restaurant could do with more vegetarian/vegan options.

The room was a fantastic size and very comfortable. The staff were all very friendly and helpful. Location is great.

Maybe service at dinner was a bit slow but we were not in a hurry so not really a problem.

Set well back from main road up a driveway with a huge cedar tree on front driveway. Liked everything - setting, staff, hotel, garden, room, restaurant and breakfast. We could also park our classic car safely and within view of the hotel.

• Small Single Room

Decor, fixtures and fittings are looking dated and a little worse for wear and could really do with modernising.

Friendliness and helpful attitude provided by the staff at the hotel was particularly noticeable and appreciated.

Nothing, all was great.

The Staff were brilliant all of them going out of their way to make our stay special, I would consider their attitude to customers absolutely outstanding, nothing was too much trouble.

The outside of the hotel and the grounds could do with a little TLC

Lovely hotel very nicely done (inside) the staff were very friendly and the breakfast was great

Our room was lovely and beautifully clean as was our ensuite but as we are both slightly on the larger size we found it a little small. This is not a complaint but an observation as we should have checked this when we booked.

Breakfast was delicious. The staff were lovely and the hotel and setting was beautiful. Great location, secluded and peaceful but in the centre of town. Great value for money.

There was a late live band on which I was only informed about after the cut off for cancelling and the tv and main room light didn’t work. I was then woken at 1am by excessive noise from the bathroom fan in an adjoining room which was left on for at least 30 mins by which point the staff relocated me to another room.

The breakfast was good and I’ve had a perfectly pleasant stay there previously.

Our room was beyond what we expected it looked lovely on opening the door the presentation was superb,we had a disabled friendly room as requested and we couldn’t have wished for a more suitable room. The staff were very friendly and they all worked together as a team, that night was very busy as they had entertainment on who where a lovely surprise they are the “The Men of Motown”, exactly the type of music I love. The only disappointment of the evening was the room they where playing in didn’t have enough tables set out so you could watch the entertainment, so we ended up just sitting in the bar listening to the music instead of enjoying the dance routines of the group as it’s a visual act. That being said I don’t think we would have seen much if we did have a table because of all the extra people who stood up in front of the tables anyway blocking the view anyway. All that being said the evening we think was a success, the hotel staff were very busy all evening but they worked together very well to make it a successful event for all who attended.

I really can’t tho k of anything at the moment that could have been improved upon.

The staff were so friendly and welcoming, I couldn’t have asked for anymore from them. I’m definitely planning on always using this hotel when I stay in the area. My breakfast and check out experience was very quick and easy.

The bed was very comfortable and we had a lovely bay window , which made the room very light. We did have a problem with the shower , I believe this will now be mended. The hotel is very good value for money , the staff very friendly and helpful and we would definitely stay there again if we are in the area.

Just to be picky, since you ask, is that the bed was not as comfortable as we would have liked but we did sleep well.

The service was excellant. Everybody was polite friendly and helpful. Our room was spotlessly clean and the food in the restaurant was absolutely delicious, perfectly cooked. Lovely experience we couldn't understand why this hotel was only three star!

Breakfast was very good but tea making was a bit haphazard at breakfast. However on our second morning when we asked for a pot of tea this was provided and in a pleasant and helpful manner by staff.

You can hear people in other rooms and in the corridors, but I always travel with earplug, so that didn't stop me sleeping.

A beautiful old building with very friendly and helpful staff. My room was perfect for one person, with a very comfy small double with nice duvet & pillows and although the bathroom needs updating, I like that it had a bath. Lovely setting with fabulous trees and a short walk into Droitwich. Breakfast fine.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Heating and TV didn't work so we changed rooms but room and situation of property were fine

Staff were really friendly and food was good though evening menu could have been more extensive

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The Hotel had a large number of guests and there was not enough staff to prepare and serve the cooked breakfast the receptionist had to leave her position to help.

A good hotel

our shower wasnt working it was either cold or scolding hot we did report it but we were only there one night so we didn't get showered there were parts of the hotel that looked a little tired but I think they were in the process of refurbishing some of the rooms but I would still stay there again

the meet and great was very friendly and warm the food was also very good

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Website or hotel messed up booking so we couldn't have a family room and two kids were crammed into a small double with us. Room lacked character. Breakfast was a sad and tired looking buffet. Wedding being held meant lots of noise and chaos.

Staff trying absolute best. Nice leafy driveway.

We booked 3 rooms, they were all very good but one slight negative was that we couldn't get the hot water any cooler in one room. We didn't report it, I'm sure they would have fixed it but we were very busy and only staying one night

Great building and restaurant. Beautiful setting and gardens. Breakfast was delicious

Peaceful setting, Free parking, close to town and pubs. Staff were very accommodating, food was lovely, really good breakfast with lots of choice, very relaxing, loved it

• Small Single Room

Noisy pumps and water pipes, could hear neighbors snoring. Breakfast was not great- eggs were milky grey, not free range as stated. Bacon wasn't cooked, cheap sausage and nothing tasted good

Price (last minute -30%) and location

• Small Single Room

Heating did not worked in the bathroom, room was very small barely could move around, located on the ground floor with room view on the waste bins and wall,right behind the window.

I did like the location, it was quiet and near my morning destination

Our only minor critcism was with our bathroom which was tiny and the shower wasn't very easy to operate. The controls were really stiff so it was difficult to turn the shower on and off and to regulate the temperature.

The staff were extremely helpful and friendly and the hotel location was excellent for the town centre. The breakfast was buffet style but full English and was all very good. Any special requests were accommodated by the staff so you could order anything that wasn't on the buffet.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

We had our wedding here and it was superb. The hotel is beautiful,the food was excellent and the staff couldn't do enough for you. Highly recommended

l did not find any negatives with this hotel.

l liked the friendliness of the staff.The little extras such as breakfast style plates that keep your food warm,but the main selling point for me was the total peace and quiet when you were in your room.

Absolutely nothing to dislike about this lovely hotel.

The hotel is simply excellent from the moment guests are greeted by absolutely lovely reception staff. The food is gorgeous, beautifully presented and individually made to order. Breakfast is bountiful, again beautifully presented and served. Nothing is too much trouble for the excellent, personable staff. It was a great stay, so comfortable, spotlessly clean, the very best service. I look forward to staying there again.

A small niggle perhaps, but I hate plastic glasses in the bathroom.

Dinner in the restaurant was extremely good. Also the staff, both in the restaurant and in the hotel proper, were helpful, obliging and friendly.

• Small Single Room

Lovely helpful staff. Comfy bed. Decent breakfast. Not far from the shops and station and quick trains to Birmingham. Some decent walking along the river / canal.

Reception was first rate. Very friendly. Room ok. Bed clean and comfy. Bathroom ok. Shower good. Surprised no double glazing and the lack of phones in the rooms very surprising. However free Wi Fi. Soundproofing in the rooms not the best. Staff in bar were very friendly. We had the Bar Menu and my steak was perfectly cooked and the fish very fresh.  Wake up knock exactly on time. Breakfast was a big disappointment.  I had a full English and both the sausage and bacon were hard. Kept warm after being cooked? Staff good though. Check out again very friendly. Overall I would say 75%. Would stay again but  would ask for the breakfast to be cooked from scratch.

• Small Single Room

I stayed for two nights whilst on a course locally. My room was freezing and I’d been outside all day and just wanted a relaxed night. Just got under the covers the first night as a plug in radiator didn’t work either. The next night I’m told I have to reset the radiators to work! This didn’t work and I was moved to another room, that was warm....... but No hot water!!!! By this time I’m in a towel not wanting another trip to reception. There’s more but very disappointed 😔 oh and no phone in order to call for help.

Location to venue

The wifi here is dreadful, almost useless. If your device goes into standby you have to log in again, that is, if you have still got the weak connection. No use whatsoever for a business trip. Waited 3-4 mins to be seated for breakfast and ended up going into the kitchen (lots of laughing and giggling going on as I waited) to ask if anyone was available to seat me "Sorry Sir" was the lame answer. Breakfast arrived quickly but all items had been pre-cooked then warmed up with the exception of the fried egg which had been slapped on the top.. On the cereal/toast table there was no butter so I asked same young lady for some. "There you go Sir" she said as she just dropped a few small packs on the table. Rude and unprofessional to say the least.

Clean room, comfortable bed.

The breakfast room was very hot and uncomfortable on quite a mild day.

Lovely quiet room. Staff very helpful. Arrived 3 minutes before food orders finished at the bar and the chef very kindly prepared a meal for me. Breakfast was lovely.

Even for a single room it was rather small. The room furniture and the small tv needs updating. The croissants at breakfast appeared to be on ration! Waited 30 mins to get one!

The dinner and the staff. The evening meal was really good and the staff were friendly and efficient. The single bed and the bedding were very comfortable.

The breakfast was all pre cooked,but reasonable.

The staff excelled at making sure we were looked after and made to feel relaxed.The room was excellent, nice high quality cotton bed linen..very important! All in a lovely relaxing quality hotel.

Beware parking under the trees. There was a very large dollop of bird poo on my driving door handle which I had to remove in order to get in the car!

Eggs benedict for breakfast was excellent

A few minor niggles. Bathroom was bit cold especially the draught from the window! Hair dyer was slightly awkwardly placed attached inside a drawer. The level of lighting was a bit low. There was nowhere to put toiletries/wash bags in the bathroom ( often a common problem in hotels! ). And we kept tripping up over the legs of the bed, a slight health and safety problem there!

Staff were very friendly and welcoming. We had a lovely evening meal in the bar, particularly the pumpkin risotto! Nice big room with big bay window and a gracious, welcoming country house atmosphere throughout the hotel.

Off the beaten track yet near to the centre of Droitwich and old style building. Food and restaurant service was very good. Overall good value for money

Can't really think of anything.

A lovely, smart hotel, ideal for my stay on the way to an interview. Good service, lovely, clean, comfy room. Reception staff particularly helpful when my in-room kettle didn't work, brought me some lovely freshly brewed coffee and fresh milk instead. Evening meal and breakfast excellent.

The view from our room wasn't the best. However, we were given a choice of another room.

very comfortable bed, clean modern room. Receptionist and all staff friendly, welcoming and professional.

• Small Single Room

The noise all the doors make when they are closed, they need better closer on the doors they are so loud, this visit there was biscuit wrapper under the bedside table and dust and rubbish behind the bed only saw this when I dropped my phone charger when using the bedside plug also people from the party were smoking in the hotel porch which I personnel dislike. I did mention all the above to the reception when I checked out. I await your response

I like this hotel, it feels comfortable for me visiting droitwich by my self. This was my 3rd visit to this hotel

Stair & corridor areas in need of cleaning.

The staff were really friendly, approachable & helpful. The decor was lovely & the Hypnos bed of course is so very comfortable. Breakfast choice was extensive & good quality.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Staff were extremely friendly and accommodating especially with our 16 month old. Breakfast was beautiful and the room was absolutely ideal, can't praise the place enough

Some rooms are less pleasant and not so quiet as others so it's worth checking. The lovely staff moved me when I realised my room was going to be disturbed by a party.

Location food staff premises all good

I was not impressed with the bar facilities, for the second year running as residents we were told that we would not be able to have a drink from the bar as it was after 12-00. I made my thoughts known and we were finally served. As a result of this we will not be staying at this hotel again and we will not be recommending it.

• Small Single Room

It was a single, which was all I needed but it was on the small side even so. It could have done with an over head lamp for reading in bed because effectively that was the only place to sit. The bedside lamp was not quite powerful enough. Overall though, very happy especially when I found that there was a night porter to let me in after return from my event.

Terrible sound insulation between rooms. Very poor breakfast. No dinner availability due to several private functions. Paid for a room with a King or Superking bed but given one with a standard double.

Great staff

• Small Single Room

To put my comments in context I chose a very small single room that was the cheapest anywhere in the area - so I was expecting some issues - however, so you are aware... Bed uncomfortable )mattress had seen better days) A very cold night when I stayed and the only heating in the room was a stand alone fan heater which there wasn't really room for. For some reason the fitted radiator didn't work (hence the heater I guess). Shower room didn't have heating in it and towel rail didn't seem to work. Shower only seemed to have one setting which was too hot to stand under. Have since feed this back to the hotel and got a positive persona reply. If you can afford a better room I think the hotel itself looks very good.

Staff helpful and friendly Provided feedback directly to hotel and got a personal reply which focused on the issues raised. Not just a standard reply. Feel of a country hotel despite being in a residential area. 'Grand' old building which I found more interesting than say a travel lodge.

I paid £109 for a Heritage room and it was just like a double I seen a heritage room on the web and I was nothing like it. Very disappointed to find the others staying at the hotel were with groupon and had 2 nights with evening meal and breakfast for £10 more than I paid. Not worth £109 for a double room

ALTHOUGH I KNEW WHEN I BOOKED THAT THIS WAS A SINGLE ROOM ( ALL THAT WAS AVAILABLE) THE BED WAS RIGHT UP AGAINST A WALL AND I DID NOT HAVE A PARTICULARLY COMFORTABLE NIGHT'S SLEEP.

Cold plates for a hot buffet breakfast! TV remote didn't work and I couldn't ring reception (as advised in the welcome pack) as there was no telephone. No grab rail in the bathroom so I couldn't shower. If I had been staying longer I would have asked to change rooms because of this. There is no lift - my fault for not checking but staff carried our bags up for us.

The staff were very welcoming, polite and helpful. The room was exceptionally clean and reasonably comfortable.

Had to put the room heater on when I arrived. Oddly, no 'phone in the room !!?! Noisy party .....

Welcoming and attentive staff - warned us there would be a noisy party 'till late ( not unexpected anywhere on a Saturday night ! ). Good breakfast menu - with efficient service. Located within easy walking distance of historic town centre.

Heating failed but staff brought additional quilt and electric heater

Staff very attentive and helpful, evening meal very tasty. Made us feel very welcome

• Standard Twin Room

In contrast to the kitchen staff, the reception staff were very problematic. Although we prepaid for our room we were charged again for the same room. This was in spite of assurances from the people of reception it was fixed. We spent the better part of day trying to rectify the error and the staff seemed unable to understand how to accomplish the task.

The kitchen/wait staff were exceptionally friendly and professional. We had the breakfast and the quality and quantities were quite good. The outside of the hotel makes it look fairly old however, the room was very modern and clean.

Very friendly welcome, room was spacious and well appointed. No noise intrusion. Bathroom ok but the shower had a mind of it's own thanks to a broken bracket. Turn it on past anything but a drizzle and it flattened itself against the wall and sprayed water everywhere! Restaurant and bar very good and again excellent staff.

Room had no heating bedding was torn. Fruit at breakfast consisted of 1 rotten banana 1 pear and 1 tangerine. Bread in sandwiches at dinner was dry

Nothing, all good to excellent

The staff were very helpful and freindly. The lounge area was relaxing and pleasant. The bedroom everything you need, cosy and comfortable. ...and as it happened on this occassion, excellent value

• Small Single Room

the starter I ordered with my evening meal was poor , it was a beetroot and poached pear with goats cheese concoction. The very small portions spoiled the initial impression, the two quarters of a very small beetroot were flavourless, the tiny slivers of pear contained a lump of core, the salad leaves were rendered overpowered by the honey dressing, the only saving grace was the three tiny balls of goats cheese , they were delicious. the main course of beef stew I enjoyed but could have been improved with a little thought about how it was to have been served, some bread would have been good, and a spoon provided with the cutlery would have increased my enjoyment.

staff were very attentive without being obtrusive.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

Food was not delivered as stated on menu ordered belly pork and had very tough, overcooked pork loin which was inedible. Unfortunately there was a large function on so we didn't really matter. Dessert was served with digestives but should of been shortbread. No children's menu available. Radiator in bedroom did not work or light in bathroom.

The staff were extremely welcoming and willing to help. Breakfast was a wide choice.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The bathroom was a bit cold as we couldn't get the radiators to work.

This was the first time I have ever slept in a super king size bed.The bed was the most comfy bed I have ever slept in, I wanted to take it home!!

• Small Single Room

I was expecting a member of the management team to call me with reference to the annoying drip, drip, drip, that came from the toilet during the night, which kept me awake, they were supposed to call me yesterday, but they have failed to phone me, and address that problem.

The staff, but not the management where friendly and helpful.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

We couldn’t get a space in the restaurant for dinner as it was already fully booked before we arrived. Was directed to another restaurant within walking distance which turned out to be closed for refurbishment. We were forced to drive 5 miles to find somewhere to eat!

Good room. Good breakfast

The hotel staff were very pleasant, polite and friendly and clearly trying hard to run things smoothly. However, there appeared to be only four front of house staff trying to cope with the reception, restaurant, a large evening disco event in the function room and a very busy bar. One member of staff told us it was her first day at the hotel. There also seemed to be problems with some of the hotel systems. Our table hadn't been reserved for our evening meal even though I had phoned to book a table for seven people well in advance and had even confirmed the table reservation at reception on arrival at the hotel. It wasn't a problem, fortunately, as there was space available. We then had to point out that a number of items were missing from our restaurant bill and checking out in the morning was also very slow and problematic. The staff were lovely but just needed a bit more support in my opinion.

Our room (room 2) was very nice indeed, clean, stylish and comfortable with excellent ensuite facilities. The whole hotel is clean and well presented and there is a very nice garden and terrace. There was much less choice on the evening menu than on the sample menu on the hotel website but we all enjoyed the meals we had. The restaurant is spacious with plenty of room between tables. The hot and cold buffet breakfast was excellent. There is plenty of on site parking. An evening disco event at the hotel finished just after midnight and so wasn't a problem for us. If you want a quieter room, ask for one that is above the dining room as apparently you can't hear the music from there.

• Standard Twin Room

Ended up with two singles rather than the twin/double room we booked. We had charges on one of our rooms for meal/drinks which we did not have.

• Small Single Room

The staff were friendly during my visit, especially when I ordered food at the bar, during Breakfast and checkout. The price of the room and facilities was good and exactly what I needed for a night.

Ate in the restaurant, starter was very large which ruined my main course. Good value for money though

Room was very nice although I think there was a problem with the plumbing as the pipes kept making a banging type noise. Raised it with Hotel staff when I checked out. Fortunately I can sleep very easily. The staff were very good

Room too hot.Could do with a fresh coat of paint.

Location is good. Food is excellent for evening meal. Fresh produce used. Breafast choice was really good.Comfy bed.Staff were very helpful.

Shower pressure was a bit low.

Cheery,helpful staff on check-in. Good parking. Bar prices not excessive. Freshly cooked breakfast. Overall a very pleasant stay. I will stay again when next in the area.

My bedroom No 20 had what I assume was a member of the catering staff residing above. Therefore when they finished their work after 11pm their heavy footsteps above woke me up. They then went to work around 5.15am again waking me up from what I hoped to be a longer sleep than normal as I could have a lie in.

Very friendly staff, particularly the lovely cleaning lady. Excellent breakfast if a little on the large side

• Small Single Room

I booked my trip back in July and paid for it on my credit card at the time of booking. When I checked-in, the receptionist said that it hadn't been paid for and I therefore had to pay a 2nd time on my credit card on the understanding that it would be sorted out at a later date if there was a problem. I have now got home and checked the situation. The amount was indeed deducted from my credit card in July. I have emailed the hotel and I hope a refund for the duplicated amount will be made as soon as possible. However, this did not detract from a wonderful stay.

Lovely room, comfortable bed, easy parking

More staff were needed in the restaurant. The food was all lovely, but we did have to wait quite a while, especially at breakfast.

The bedroom was wonderful! It was beautifully and tastefully furnished. The bed was extremely comfortable and the duvet was luxurious. We really loved the bathroom too. The whole hotel was quiet and totally lovely.

Bed was too big, another chair would have been good instead of big bed. Would have been nice to have a snack when we arrived but none available due to wedding being on. Would rather have buffet breakfast than served at table.

We liked the nearness of the town centre, the room was spaceous, bed was comfy, loved the buffet breakfast on the Sunday.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

The staff were excellent. Top marks must go to the young chef who in the absence of the main chef and sous chef provided a wonderful meal for me and my family. Also because of the kitchen staffing issues the hotel kindly excluded drinks and sweets which I thought was a wonderful gesture.

• Family Room (2 Adults + 2 Children)

There was only one minor problem when we arrived at the hotel. The two pull out beds were not set up for our children, this appears to be a fault with booking.com as the 'special requests' do not get sent to the hotel for some reason? However, the beds were quickly set up on arrival for us.

Me, my husband and our 18 month old twins stayed here a couple of weeks ago. The hotel was lovely and clean and had clean tidy spacious rooms. The garden at the back of the hotel was enormous with lots of space for our twins to run about. The best thing about the hotel was the friendly staff who made us feel so welcome. Every single member of staff would greet us with a smile and would take the time to stop and chat to us and our children.

The room was a little cramped - no room to walk around the double bed but that was OK as it was only me. I certainly wouldn't have been happy to share the room.

The hotel is situated in a residential area (although convenient for the main road) and is lovely and quiet. Staff were solicitous and polite and the whole process of booking in and out was seamless. Service in the bar and lounge was superb.

• Small Single Room

Breakfast was a disaster - hardly anything available on the continental breakfast counter, everyone complaining about the coffee, slow orders on cooked food and, sadly, very poor service. In the interests of fairness, I emailed the management for an explanation before posting my review here, but they never got back to me.

Nice garden, parking.