Reviews of Sofitel London St James 5 stars

#44 of 977 hotels in London

9.8

Highly Recommend.
    • Deluxe Twin Room with Courtyard View

The only thing is the bed is a little bit small. However, the staff explains that the room cannot fit in two double beds. I think is fair enough.

The staffs are very nice and helpful. My friend was not very satisfied with the room, the hotel staffs changed another one which suits us best on the second day of our stay. Due to our flight delayed until next day, we stayed in the same room one more day with a better rate. I highly recommend this hotel.

excellent 3 nights mini break
    • Superior Queen Room with Courtyard View

no bad comments are applicable

The hotel is well situated for travel in London to shops, theatres and restaurants. The staff were professional and keen to help. The bar had a great atmosphere and the service was excellent

Not given the category of room we reserved.
    • Superior Queen Room with Courtyard View

Not given the category of room we reserved. Overcharged for what we did have. Inadequate staffing in restaurant and food not very good ,,, several problems with room ... phone not working, curtain torn, etc. sue lawrence

My husband and I had a suite and two rooms for the 4 teens -...

My husband and I had a suite and two rooms for the 4 teens - beds were so comfortable the teenagers wanted us to buy the beds! Food was delicious, and staff were accommodating and anticipated our needs. We would stay there again and will definitely stay at Sofitel in future. French 4-Seasons! :)

Very good Hotel, but very expensive
    • Superior Queen Room with Courtyard View

Room is small. Dustbin has a cover, that you have to open with your hand. No Iron.

Location is perfect. Room is nice and beautiful, but small. No Place to put your coffee table.

The over servicing - around 5 people asking if I was OK, etc.
    • Superior Queen Room with Courtyard View

The over servicing - around 5 people asking if I was OK, etc. I like friendly staff but also the subtlety of a truly high class hotel where quality monitoring is imperceptible. One felt it was there to justify the high price tag of the establishment. I also tip well, including room service but then saw a room service charge on the bill - only £10 but nevertheless grated when I'd tipped already, the cost of room service was presumably in the cost of the meal itself and I was paying such a high premium for one night.

Nice hotel, good location.
    • Superior Queen Room with Courtyard View

Price was super high for what I got. Bed too soft. Streets closed due to Pride - I was trying to get to Wimbledon and that was more difficult due to closures, sorry Pride.

Nice hotel, good location.

A facade of a nice room and the worst service by a...
    • Superior Queen Room with Courtyard View

A facade of a nice room and the worst service by a well-dressed army of incompetent busybodies. The shower is in a tiny bathtub with a dysfunctional, rickety tap. The lighting has switches everywhere that don't connect to obvious lights despite being labeled, and there is no master switch near the bed which requires one to turn off four lamps one by one. The sheets were low thread count. The bathrobes were both coarse and fit impossibly small and tight, despite being a size large. Despite the premium price there were no complimentary snacks. The minibar was randomly locked, and then when I had to call to have it unlocked it contained comically poor snacks that didn't need to be cold. The sparkling water was near flat. The pistachios were not shelled. Upon getting hungry and unsatisfied with manually shelling pistachios, the simple soup I ordered took forever to come to the room and was tepid at best. The crisps I ordered were lightly flavored lentil puff balls. Trying to get through all of this without losing my mind, the hotel is committed to hiring native French speakers (I guess because it's Sofitel?) who answer in French and then try to speak English in an impossibly thick French accent through a 1999 landline, corded phone that has a near-mute maximum volume. The only thing coming close to a similar class of hotel were the abundant fluffy pillows. After loathing my night, I had left my things in the AM and needed to be out in London until 4pm, which forced me to rebook over the phone. Sensing an opportunity for exploitation, it cost $300 USD more than the already egregious and totally-not-worth it price I got on Booking.com (http://booking.com/)

Very friendly staff.
    • Premium Luxury Room with King Bed and View

Generally overpriced room and breakfast for quality & what you get. The room definitely felt more like a 4 star hotel.

Very friendly staff. Nice gym, but very small. Good location for touristy stuff. Great spa.

Beautiful hotel, amazing location and very friendly and...
    • Superior Queen Room with Courtyard View

Beautiful hotel, amazing location and very friendly and helpful staff. Best hotel I've stayed at so far in London. I'll definitely book again on my next visit.

Best London location

All good

We have visited London several times this is by far the best location you could hope for. Five stars exactly where you want to be. The staff where fantastic, very welcoming.

Well located property, mostly lives up to Sofitel standards
    • Luxury King Room with Courtyard View

On second stay pushed into a top floor room overlooking roof. Very disappointed after having stayed at same location previously on at least 5 different occasions over last couple of years.

Really love the location , so quiet even though so near to Picadilly Circus. Stayed for six nights with three day break in middle. First stay wonderful, enjoyed room and the view.

Me best ever experience with London hotels.
    • Deluxe Twin Room with Courtyard View

This is the most great hotel I've ever stayed in London in my past more then 10 trips to this city. The location is perfect - close to St James Park, center, Soho, etc. The staff is just beyond ecpectations. Breakfast is great, rooms are gorgeous. My favourite Pret A Manage is just round the corner. I didn't have view room because booked the lowest rate but that's was OK for me as the silence at night was amazing for great rest.

We always have a positive experience with the Sofitel St James and plan to stay again in the future.
    • Superior Queen Room with Courtyard View

We have stayed at this Sofitel a few times as it is our favorite London hotel. The guest rooms, beds and bathroom are luxurious and the extra personal touches from the staff always exceed our expectations.

The highlight of a seven weeks overseas trip involving 12 hotels in total

All good

The room size, the room design and amenities (perhaps a little more light for us oldies) the exceptional care and service provided by all staff and the amazing concierge (Peter)

A delightful experience that I'm willing to revisit, perhaps with the kids next time
    • Superior Queen Room with Courtyard View

To begin with, what I'm about to mention is more nitpicking than actually mentioning faults in the Hotel, but: 1) The beds were a bit too soft, becoming concave in the center if two people sleep on it. 2) The air conditioning could've been cooler, we maxed the A/C and fan speed and it wasn't up to our preference, that's in mid-May, but the staff were very courteous in trying to fix the minor issue, but to no avail, the A/C wasn't warm per say by any means, they also sent an apology letter from management regarding the issue, which is a great gesture. 3) The minibar wasn't emptied as I requested, only alcoholic beverages were removed and substituted by other drinks and snacks, with only small space to put your own drinks (space enough for one small bottle of water.) 4) Moreover, the minibar uses a sensor based system, triggering a purchase of one of its items added to your check-out invoice only by removing it from its place, even if you return it, as per written on the side of the minibar, this is a sign of mistrust which could've been avoided by simply empting the minibar as requested.

1) The 5 minute walk to Piccadilly circus and its station. 2) The friendliness of the staff. 3) The fact that they surprise you with complimentary sweets everytime you return. 4) The general location of the Hotel in London, within walking distance from many attractions. 5) The SMS you recieve after checking-in to welcome you and asking whether you like your accommodation, which is sent by a real person, also another one on the last day surveying your stay (1-10), nice touch.

Sofitel team are very professional, customer service and attention to detail beyond excellent.

Checking out - didn’t want to leave 😢

The beds are So comfy just like sleeping on a cloud. My most favourite hotel in London wouldn’t even think of staying anywhere else.

Super nice athmosphere, like an oasis of softness and...
    • Superior Queen Room with Courtyard View

The spa is only accessible if you have booked a treatment.

Super nice athmosphere, like an oasis of softness and coolness in the very central of London.

Unfortunately the staff on reception were so rude and...
    • Superior Queen Room with Courtyard View

Unfortunately the staff on reception were so rude and abrasive whenever I approached them. I did speak to the hotel manager who explained they would investigate and get back to me. That was a week ago. The hotel and the rest of the staff were lovely but sadly left with a bitter feeling.

The friendly and helpful staff made the best first...
    • Premium Luxury Room with King Bed and View

The friendly and helpful staff made the best first impression of this hotel. Everything about the hotel was exceptional. It was clean, stylish, roomy with excellent service. Room itself was well equipped and comfortable. We were delighted with our stay, and we hope to be back for a more extended visit in the future.

Fantastic weekend at Sofitel
    • Superior Queen Room with Courtyard View

The hot tub wasn’t working to full potential in the spa but other then that everything was spot on

Location is spot on - a few mins walk in either directions can lead you major London landmarks.

Outstanding service and staff in 5* Central London
    • Superior Queen Room with Courtyard View

We had booked two rooms (that were facing each other). One of the rooms, the toilet flush was very weak. Though we didn't have any problems with flushing, it was a weak flush and took sometimes one or two more flushes each time (with refill time in between). Not the biggest deal but can be frustrating

I came with my family (all over 18) and the service here was outstanding!! The staff are very accommodating and go over and beyond to make your stay special. In particular, it was my bday and they had a cake waiting for me on arrival. During the turn down service they leave a pack of chamomile tea next to the bedside. On one night my teabag was missing and I rang to request one, not only did they come with 4 packs, the next day they delivered a plate of macarons apologizing for the mistake! Definitely not expected! The hotel is very centrally located, a 3 min walk to piccadilly circus underground, a Pret (takeaway store) just down the road if you needed to grab anything on the go (which we did so instead of having the hotel breakfast). We watched a fair few shows at night so it was nice to have a 10 - 15 walk back afterwards and there are plenty of restaurants in the surrounding areas. The water pressure in the waterfall shower was great and the overall cleanliness was impeccable. My father who is a regular stayer at 5-star hotels around the world (for work) felt this hotel provided great value! Would definitely return :)

Excellent hotel in perfect place.
    • Superior Queen Room with Courtyard View

It will be really great if our bathroom includes the bidet.

Perfect placement of the hotel, excellent, friendly helpful staff from the reception and concierge till room service . Clean and comfortable room. (We ve got interconnected rooms ). Coffee mashine and tea pot everyday was served by water and some sweets as a gift. There are lot of good restaurants around the hotel and wonderful St.James Park is nearby.

unforgettable
    • Superior Queen Room with Courtyard View

Laura from the Front desk made our day: when we came back from the fantactic concert of Arcade Fire we were struck by such a nice suprise in our room.

Very enjoyable & memorable.
    • Superior Queen Room with Courtyard View

The room was very clean & adequate but could have been a little bigger but this did not effect my scoring.

The hotel & staff were exceedingly welcoming. Staff at all times were friendly polite & extremely efficient. The hotel was very central for the shops & theatres.

A pleasant stay.
    • Deluxe Twin Room with Courtyard View

The view was terrible! This is a five star hotel and we got a one star view! Very disappointing! The food was delicious- but did not have hot food during the week and charged the same amount. I wouldn't have minded, but was not told this.

All staff was kind, considerate, and helpful. The food was delicious. And the location is fabulous.

Excellent shower,very comfortable bed, little noise for a...
    • Superior Queen Room with Courtyard View

Excellent shower,very comfortable bed, little noise for a central London location. Very friendly and attentive staff. Negative(as with all London hotels)extortionate mini bar and breakfast pricing, which means you go elsewhere.

Pleasant hotel in a good location
    • Superior Queen Room with Courtyard View

Although French owned this is in London and we didn’t like the staff speaking in French. Albeit simple French. The breakfast options were very expensive but sadly not out of place with good London Hotels. We found a nearby cafe for a lovely breakfast. View poor view from our room but advised we could pay £70 / night for an upgrade! Needless to say didn’t bother.

The staff were very friendly and the hotel very clean. Bed large and comfy with room extras which you would expect in a higher end hotel.

House keeping staff took extra bed away and wrapped our...
    • Luxury King Room with Courtyard View

House keeping staff took extra bed away and wrapped our child's toy up in the sheets. Had to leave toy there and get someone to pick it up when it was found.

Lovely hotel for an unforgettable London city trip
    • Superior Queen Room with Courtyard View

Wonderful hotel on an excellent location, within walking distance of the parks of London, the shopping streets, Covent Garden, Piccadilly etc. Lovely staff who were attentive during our whole stay. The breakfast buffet was very tasteful, and so was dining at The Balcon restaurant and enjoying some refined cocktails at St-James bar. The room (superior room) was spacious and had all the luxury one needs and one expects in this kind of hotel. We definitely would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to stay in a cozy and luxurious hotel nearby some eye-catchers of London!

An excellent 5 star hotel in a very convenient location
    • Premium Luxury Room with King Bed and View

Nothing comes to mind. It was expensive, but you get what you pay for.

Excellent location, walking distance of great shopping, bars restaurants and theatres. Very comfortable room, very good service and excellent staff.

Another wonderful experience at this Sofitel. Looking for another excuse to go back.
    • Superior Queen Room with Courtyard View

There were no biscuits on the tray for our morning cup of tea !

The welcome was very warm & friendly. Our room was super smart with the most comfortable bed & pillows. Brilliant bar with very impressive mixologist.

Gorgeous hotel in a great location and excellent staff
    • Superior Queen Room with Courtyard View

Prior to checking in, the concierge staff were great with helping to set up a birthday surprise in the room (a delicious cake and balloons)! The staff were very welcoming in this beautifully laid out hotel with wonderful architecture and paintings hanging, every member greeting us initially in French which added to the great atmosphere that they all provided. The room was very welcoming with a large bed and very soft pillows, on our return at night we were surprised by slippers. The breakfast that was included in our stay had a great selection of French delicacies to go with your regular English breakfast, all of which was exquisite. Great location within minutes walk of great eating establishments and Piccadilly Circus making all ventures on the tube at your fingertips.

Amazing location very comfortable very well-managed and cleaned
    • Superior Queen Room with Courtyard View

The room very comfortable but was a bit cramped ....guessing because it is in the most prime location in London but I’m sure they optimized space as best they could ... tv sideways to bed, closet very tight to get to and open. Fantastic restaurant.

The staff were incredibly friendly and responsive

Beautiful place, lovely staff and great location

Nothing really

The hotel smells so beautiful. The staff were welcoming and helpful everywhere. The room was spacious and clean. Literally, everything was perfect. It was my birthday and this hotel made it very special.

Kids had room service and loved the spaghetti bolongese,...

Service at breakfast was rather slow, not enough staff. Have had better cooked breakfasts!

Kids had room service and loved the spaghetti bolongese, service was fast! Bar downstairs had lovely atmosphere and tasty food. Hotel was in great location and easy to walk everywhere.

Courtyard View Does Not Mean Courtyard View
    • Superior Queen Room with Courtyard View

The room on booking.com said that it has a courtyard view, which basically was nothing but the ceiling of the adjacent building. They blamed that on doing the reservation on booking.com rather than through their own website. Also, the General Manager didn’t even bother get in touch given that I wasn’t happy with the view incident. Instead, the General Manager asked the executive assistant to send me an email on that. In my humble opinion, that does say a lot about how much a hotel cares about customer satisfaction.

The staff at the hotel’s entrance were always friendly and welcoming. The business center was also easy to access and use.

Comfort and quality in an excellent location
    • Superior Queen Room with Courtyard View

The rooms are fine but small. The bathrooms are too small and most have showers in the bath. Iron and ironing tables should be standard in the room.

Nice staff. Quiet rooms, nice decor in entrance and restaurants. Very nice breakfast.

Awesome hotel with decent size rooms
    • Superior Queen Room with Courtyard View

Can't set specific temperature for the room A/C (only had knob with + and -). Woke up couple of times during the night because the room was too hot or too cold. Bed was OK, but too soft for my taste Courtyard view Desk chair not very comfortable for extended time of work

Daily replenishment of water bottles in the room Decent room size Friendly staff, always smiling Short walk to Piccadilly circus station and Regent St No charges for receiving packages to the room

Once again I can see that when the hotel manager visits the...
    • Superior Queen Room with Courtyard View

Not all waiters know how to make tea, what is quite strange for London)

Once again I can see that when the hotel manager visits the reception it is always in a good shape. It's like a playing coach. He can be a leader and can go on the field and score a goal himself. So I want to express special thanks to the hotel manager Ms. Elsa. She is this wonderful coach. All hotel services work perfectly. The hotel is clean. The staff is unobtrusive, but at the same time it is not arrogant, what is quite typical for other hotels of this level. Everybody goes into your problem and tries to solve it. We were travelling with small children and the hotel provided us with a wonderful nanny. So we had a nice chance to visit places that we wouldn't visit with a one-year-old baby. I think that this level is reached first of all by the hotel manager, who goes into every question and is not embarrassed to go to the reception desk. This is a big plus.

Expensive - but it is one of the best hotels in central London.
    • Superior Queen Room with Courtyard View

My room is a bit small (but I gather this is common in London), the view out of the window of my room is a little claustrophobic.

Excellent location across St James Park and only 5 minutes walk from Picadilly underground station. It is located in one of the poshest areas (Paul Mall) in Central London and yet close to all the excitement, theatres and restaurants in the West End. Very good personalized service - even including evening bed-turnover service

First class hotel for a London stay.
    • Superior Queen Room with Courtyard View

Everything. A wonderful hotel with first class staff. Facilities were great and close to theatres and London sights. Ideal for a base to explore.

INCREDIBLE

Incredibly attentive and helpful staff. We had an incident prior to arriving and they were fantastic when we arrived and left macaroons and a hand written letter on our bed offering assistance with anything we might need. Fantastic beautiful room with hermes products that are always difficult to beat. Honestly would be back at any chance I had.

Top Hotel with Great Location
    • Superior Queen Room with Courtyard View

Rooms are - as always in London - pretty small. The spa they brag about is only accessible if you book a treatment.

Top class hotel with just perfect location for both business or private travel. Great breakfast and perfect staffe. Gym is also pretty good.

Staff super friendly & warm welcoming
    • Luxury King Room with Courtyard View

Gym size although other option would be easy access to st James / green park

Staff super friendly & warm welcoming Outstanding checkin & checkout service Excellent location Comfy bed Spotless cleaning

Good location and easy to navigate

We booked 2 rooms and one wasn’t available to check into at the specified time. Not what we expected from a 5 star hotel.

Good location and easy to navigate

Location was eccellent

I had booked a luxury room for myself and 2 classic rooms for my guests. Upon check in they assigned the luxury room to one of my guests making it very awkward to swap back. The hotel facilities were also limited. Just one small bar and one restaurant.

Location was eccellent

A lovely NYE luxury treat stay.
    • Superior Queen Room with Courtyard View

As is often the case, the markup prices in the bar and the mini bar were terrible - £6.50 for a standard can of coca cola?! And the service charge when you buy a drink at the bar - and are THEN asked for a gratuity as well is beyond the pale for drinks that are already expensive....

Very attentive staff. The bedroom was good, and the bed and pillows supremely comfortable. The duvet was a little on the thin side, but there was a blanket in the wardrobe which I used. Very good bath and shower, with deluxe Hermès toiletres provided. Excellent choice at breakfast, and for a London hotel, was very good value.

The service extremely Satisfied, and The best Location in London
    • Deluxe Twin Room with Courtyard View

The best location in London, From the moment you arrive at the hotel the staffs are very Attentive, room very comfortable, staffs excellent and very helpful

A leak in the shower.
    • Superior Queen Room with Courtyard View

A leak in the shower. Cleaning/arranging could be just a bit more thorough, and a bit more attention to details when cleaning will be good to keep in mind.

Fantastic and fave place to stay in London

Bar was full of non residents so couldn’t get seated. Disappointing given we we lying guests there.

Decor, staff, location, rooms, bedding, quality of food, all top notch.

Lovelay stay near Piccadilly Circus
    • Superior Queen Room with Courtyard View

House keeping Service : the first Morning someone knocked at the door at 8.45 am when we were still sleeping when I asked what they wanted they said " can I come in" , What ? While we are still in bed??? Hand towel taken away from our bathroom was not replaced. Additionally, the TV did not work the first evening or Morning at all before maintainance was called. So a lot of room to improve for a 5 star hotel

Beautiful building, easy Access from Heathrow Airport with Piccadully line, many points of interst at walking distance

Not our first stay in the Sofitel St James, and definitely will not be our last.
    • Deluxe Twin Room with Courtyard View

The air conditioner is slightly loud.

The hotel is ideally situated within a few minute walk from Picadilly Circus, the National Gallery, Regent street, Covent Garden... The staff is extremely courteous and helpful. The rooms are spacious and well appointed. The coffee/tea tray with both kettle and espresso machine is a nice touch. The rooms are perfectly soundproofed.

Good stay but not wow
    • Superior Queen Room with Courtyard View

Value for money. Buffet Breakfast used to be much better and it was one of the main reasons for my return. It’s good now but fairly simple.

Location, friendly staff, quality

An extraordinary hotel in the heart of London
    • Deluxe Twin Room with Courtyard View

I cannot think of any faults. Everything was impeccable...

A spectacular palace in the very heart of London, just steps away from the Trafalgar, Bukingham and Piccadilly. Absolutely gorgeous interiors, replete with contemporary art exhibits, on rotation. The staff is not just responsive and polite, but anticipatory of client's needs. The rooms (we changed two -- the first one lacked light for our particular needs, but was not dark by any means) were cozy, done in velvet and Art Deco furniture, with a French touch with toile wall dressing and contemporary art. The beds were very comfortable and the bathroom amenities were Hermes. Just a lovely, cocooned, and pampered feeling. A Nespresso machine in every room was an added luxury. Just delightful!!

Superb hotel, in a superb location
    • Premium Luxury Room with King Bed and View

The bed mattress could have been thicker. It was a bit thin, with a spare duvet used as a mattress cover. Not ideal.

The service is seamless and flawless right from check-in all the way to check-out.

it was nice but the price was up there too
    • Superior Queen Room with Courtyard View

bathroom - very small. shower was in the bath. the shower head was cumbersome and the water didnt drain

the bed the welcome drink the gift for honeymoon the location

Room clean and comfortable. Hotel help marvelous. Location excellent

View from roomm

Extraordinarily helpful staff--front desk and doorman and cleaning person. Wonderful location. Only cloud was view from my room. Ironically the same view as when I was here three years ago.

Fantastic location for sightseeing and shopping.
    • Deluxe Twin Room with Courtyard View

Housekeeping missed our room one day and the cleaning and turndown service that afternoon was below average. At that price per night a little extra complimentary snack would be appreciated.

Fantastic location for sightseeing and shopping. Room was beautifully appointed and bed super comfy. Staff very pleasant and we enjoyed St James bar.

• Superior Queen Room with Courtyard View

Expensive but to be expected for this quality in central London. Would definitely stay again

Great staff, good at,osphere and high quality ar every turn

Great stay. Will definitely be back for a week next year.
    • Luxury King Room with Courtyard View

Room Prices. Waiting so long for a room despite requesting early checkin.

Great service especially from Guest Relations and the concierge. Wonderful central location in a beautiful historic building. A very fine stay!

excellent location, clean, comfortable , friendly hotel.
    • Superior Queen Room with Courtyard View

the view from the window ( another building in close proximity). couldn't find how to control heating saw a fan setting but not heat. the door to the bathroom had a big gap between it and the floor and between the 2 doors so not sound proof or completely private.

very comfortable bed , pillows etc. kettle and a coffee making machine. good lighting . good bathroom amenities - bath , shower ,toiletries, heated towel rail .no noise from the corridor or outside. fantastic position

Over rated!!
    • Superior Queen Room with Courtyard View

Cleanliness was shocking! Mentioned how disappointed but was told there was nothing that can be done as I booked through booking.com

Mixologist was very talented

kind of luxury boutique hotel and my stay is very pleasant
    • Classic Queen Room with Courtyard View

none

room is not large but with good layout facility in room is good and in luxury sense. staff is attentive. the restaurant to dine breakfast is fabulous. close to shopping area.

Top quality hotel in a top location
    • Superior Queen Room with Courtyard View

Location, friendly staff, hotel facilities and cleanliness

Staff were very helpful. The hotel is in a top location, walking distance to Buckingham Palace, Westminster, The London Eye, Trafalgar Square, St James Park, Piccadilly tube and many other attractions.

A luxurious stay in a excellently located hotel.
    • Superior Queen Room with Courtyard View

Breakfast was included but the hotel was unaware of this. Staff appeared confused which made us feel uncomfortable. This could have been avoided by better communication when we presented for breakfast. It was resolved but only at check out when an attempt to charge us was made.

Location of property was great - bed was like a cloud -...
    • Deluxe Twin Room with Courtyard View

Location of property was great - bed was like a cloud - staff very friendly and helpful. The hotel was pricey but we where only staying a few days , it would be an idea to make the room cheaper the longer the stay.

An excellent place to stay, if you can afford it.
    • Luxury King Room with Courtyard View

The rooms are expensive and a little small. The attached restaurant and bar are too highly priced.

It was a very high class hotel. The location was excellent, just a short walk from the palace in one direction and Trafalgar Square in the other. Its easy to get there from St. Pancras since the tube station is just up the street. The service was excellent. I barely noticed their presence, but found that my needs had been anticipated well and I had no cause for complaint.

• Reviewed: 19 August 2017

Excellent hotel wonderfully located.
    • Luxury King Room with Courtyard View

Babysitting arranged in-house had a rather high booking fee in addition to hourly.

Moved us to a room more appropriate for our son and made sure we were very comfortable; also held onto items accidentally left behind until we could return to collect them. Staff is considerate and courteous at all times and room is quiet and well air-conditioned. The location is precisely halfway between eastern and western points of interest and can't be bettered.

Outstanding luxury hotel in the most convenient location!
    • Superior Queen Room with Courtyard View

Fantastic hotel - loved everything about it! Great location, right in the West End and a 2 min walk from Her Majesty's Theatre! Lovely, comfortable, luxurious room. Friendly, helpful staff. Reception and bar area was outstanding and breakfast excellent and surprisingly good value.

Perfection, can't wait to return.
    • Deluxe Twin Room with Courtyard View

Nothing, from our experience everything was perfect.

Everything was perfect from our greeting on arrival to our departure. Staff were very friendly and attentive. The room was wonderful and the beds very comfortable. The attention to detail when we got back to our room at night was amazing, soft background music, beds turned down, slippers at side of bed and camomile tea at our bedside.

Everything ticked the boxes location, location location !
    • Premium Luxury Room with King Bed and View

Bed was an A+ The location was very central to theatre , Buckingham place subway and conceirge where extremely helpful and obliging . Would have been helpful to have long life milk cups available daily for tea making facilities.

Centralized location in London was terrific!
    • Superior Queen Room with Courtyard View

Bed in hotel was too soft for our taste...would have preferred firmer mattress.

Centralized location in London was terrific!! Hotel was 5 star...service excellent.

WONDERFUL
    • Luxury King Room with Courtyard View

MAYBE A LITTLE BIT EXPENSIVE,BUT THE STAFF MADE UP FOR THAT WITH WONDERFUL SERVICE AND GREAT FOOD

THE STAFF COULD NOTE BE ANY BETTER FRIENDLY,WELL COMING,SERVICE WITH A SMILE,ALWAYS WILLING TO HELP,KNOW'S WHERE EVERYTHING IS,ARRANGE EVERYTHING IF YOU WISH THEM TO DO IT,JUST A WONDERFUL STAFF,BAR TENDER CAN MAKE A DRINK IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN.FOOD IS GOOD,CAN GET ROOM SERVICE 24/7 WITH A SMILE AND FRESH.THE BEST HOTEL STAFF ONE CAN ASK FOR,JUST WONDERFUL PEOPLE PERIOD.ANYWHERE IN LONDON IS CLOSE BUY AND YOU CAN BUY TICKETS FOR ATTRACTIONS THRU THEM,WALK TO MOST MAJOR ATTRACTIONS IN LONDON,JUST ONE OF THE BEST LOCATIONS YOU CAN HAVE A HOTEL,THAT'S NOT ON THE WATER,BUT CLOSE TO THE THAMES RIVER FOR RIVER CRUSIE ,YOU WOULD NOT BE UNHAPPY STAYING HERE,THAT STAFF IS TERRIFIC.

Excellent service in prime location
    • Superior Queen Room with Courtyard View

As many hotels in London, its price is high compared with other cities, particullary breakfast, but you can find options at walking distance.

The hotel is very well located at few blocks from Picadilly circus, Trafalgar square, and many other interesting places, in a quiet street. Staff is really superior, everyone at the hotel work to do your stay as nicest as possible. Congratulations for staff actittude!

Browse Sofitel London St James traveller photo gallery