Reviews of Stanhill Court Hotel This rating is a reflection of how the property compares to the industry standard when it comes to price, facilities and services available. It's based on a self-evaluation by the property. Use this rating to help choose your stay!

Stan Hill, Charlwood, Charlwood, RH6 0EP, United Kingdom

#2 of 3 hotels in Charlwood

• Reviewed: July 19, 2018

Disappointed
    • 4-Poster Room

NOTHING you have no mention on your web site that the hotel is like s building site which is false advertising I cried as it was our wedding anniversary and you spoilt it absolutely won’t use again as we always do

Absolutely nothing have been there 4 times for our anniversary I cried when we turned up it says NOTHING on your website that the whole hotel is under refurbishment awful

• Reviewed: July 16, 2018

Great looking hotel and with great staff
    • Classic Double Room

The cold water ran scolding hot in the bathrooms and the tv was a little small for the room and was not a high definition tv

The breakfast was great and nicely prepared.

• Reviewed: July 11, 2018

4.4
    Ver bad it been re furbished thay should shut y be dn
    • 4-Poster Room

The bed room door could not lock the 4post bedboged up wth wood blocks barth room dor broken had to be moved dif room kept a wake all night pep Levington cars to go to Gatwick it a car park to leave cars

The breackfast ok

• Reviewed: July 3, 2018

Most people staying there were using the hotel as a carpark for gatwick - best way to use it.
    • Classic Double Room

Not customer orientated. I refused to give them my credit card security number (I have never been asked for that before at any hotel). So then had to pay for everything as and when I had it rather than at the end of the stay. Phone in room didn't work, and was not fixed or replaced. Light in bathroom was not fixed - no other room available on the 1st night. No information about the hotel, room service, etc in the room, no air conditioning which I guess is understandable in an old building, but the temperature was in the high 20's and no fan offered or available for 1st night, windows had the stupid locks so couldn't even open those. Only one choice of vegetarian dish on bar menu (mushroom risotto) and that tasted strange, and only one on the main restaurant menu. Scrambled egg and toast came minus the toast - was informed I had to make my own. So eggs got cold whilst I stood at one of those awful toaster machines.

The view from the outside eating area was beautiful.

• Reviewed: June 25, 2018

Lovely hotel which will get even better after extension and facilities and spa.
    • Classic Twin Room

In room only one each of soap shampoo and shower gel. Not enough milk and no biscuits.

The hotel is being updated and extended. Staff fabulous and friendly. Lovely restaurant bar and terrace. Grounds superb with beautiful views ponds and terrace.

• Reviewed: June 18, 2018

beautiful
    • 4-Poster Room

great room. bed was a little hard. clean. has character. was doing building work (didnt hear any noise) but meant could not explore the hotel fully. beautiful building and very friendly staff

• Reviewed: June 18, 2018

We had a good meal and the staff were excellent
    • 4-Poster Room

Lack of lift but one is currently being installed.

Unfortunately we left early in the morning so we were unable to sample the breakfast. The bedrooms were well appointed and we enjoyed our time there.

• Reviewed: June 11, 2018

Lovely & lots of fantastic memories.
    • 4-Poster Room

It was a muggy night, so a fan would've helped.

My husband & I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary at Stanhill. We were married there so lots of nostagia. The room was lovely & the food most excellent, particularly the Sea Bass. The staff were attentive & friendly. We hope to return for our 12th anniversary next year.

• Reviewed: May 29, 2018

Beautiful building the the grounds are gorgeous, room was...
    • 4-Poster Room

We couldn’t see half the property as it was being refurbished. You can’t walk to any shops you need to pay for a taxi and our shower head was covered in limescale which was disgusting - all the water cane out the side where the head was blocked

Beautiful building the the grounds are gorgeous, room was lovely definitely recommend a four poster bed

• Reviewed: May 23, 2018

Very nice layover near Gatwick but in the countryside
    • Classic Double Room

It is currently under renovation and is going to be wonderful. Rooms are currently a bit dated. Mattress wasn't very comfortable.

Staff was very nice and helpful. We were a short walk into the village of Charlwood with a couple of cute cafes and pubs. Grounds are very pretty.

• Reviewed: May 14, 2018

Lovely overnight stopover, out of the rat race.
    • Classic Double Room

I don't stay long enough to have anything to report on the down side.

Probably the best kippers for breakfast I have ever had. I also chose fish for the evening meal which was cooked to perfection. Although close to Gatwick the aeroplane noise is in no way obtrusive and the setting is very tranquil. The hotel is currently undergoing investment and improvement but not losing its character.

• Reviewed: May 8, 2018

Pretty place but let down by staff/atmosphere
    • Classic Double Room

The receptionist could tell us nothing about the local area so it was a bit hit and miss for us finding local walks and places to eat. We had dinner at the hotel restaurant, the food was overpriced and really average (don’t eat there!), the thing we really couldn’t get over was how rude and joyless the waiting staff were. Also no music or atmosphere. Shame because it’s such a lovely looking place, they could do so much more with it.

The hotel itself was Victorian style and beautiful, in stunning grounds with nice views. Lovely outdoor seating area for an evening drink. Our room was comfortable and a good size.

• Reviewed: May 2, 2018

The bar staff were very helpful and reception staff were...
    • Classic Double Room

There was no cold water due to a recently replaced boiler unit. That meant the shower was very hot!

The bar staff were very helpful and reception staff were also nice.

• Reviewed: May 1, 2018

Hopefully the new owners will sort the place out
    • Classic Double Room

Check in staff wasn't very pleasant. Bed was uncomfortable. Very busy venue so no sleeping in with all the noise down the hallway. No cold water from the tap. No other light in the room but the main light.

The owner was lovely trying to sort things out in the end. Beautiful hotel building. Lovely location.

• Reviewed: April 12, 2018

Will stay again as now under new ownership

The Hotel is tired and is in need of TLC which hopefully the new owners will provide, on our checkout morning there was no hot water in the hotel and it's not good having to have a sink wash down before going off on a long haul flight. We did receive a discount and free parking for the inconvenience. We did meet the new owners as we left and I'm confident that they will invest in the hotel and bring it up to a good standard for the continuation of a basically good business.

We have used this hotel on a few occasions due to its proximity to Gatwick airport and the parking deal that it provides. It is a wonderful old house with lovely gardens.

• Reviewed: April 12, 2018

Great alternative to bland airport hotels
    • Classic Double Room

Country house atmosphere with lots of character in a baronial style. Staff very friendly and helpful. Dinner was excellent, small menu beautifully cooked.

• Reviewed: April 4, 2018

Enjoyable
    • Classic Double Room

I was coming with a partner but could not make it at last minute. Bed was ok for me but perhaps not someone with back trouble like hers. Perhaps an optional type of mattress could be asked for in advance. The rule book seemed a bit severe in tone, needs toning down a bit to be more customer friendly, whilst still getting the message across of course

Atmosphere and service

• Reviewed: March 27, 2018

Home cooked breakfast a real treat.
    • Classic Double Room

The mattress on the bed was very bouncy!

Home cooked breakfast a real treat. Lewis (Reception and waiter) was a hardworking and cheerful member of staff and deserves special mention. Dinner was delicious. Wonderful location and it was like stepping back in time.

• Reviewed: March 8, 2018

Beautiful setting but lack the service you would EXPECT
    • Classic Double Room

After long haul flight no help with my luggage to my room .Poor explanation to find my room...took me a long time to find no 32. Reception forgot my booked early wake up call. Waited for my taxi 06.45 am he was late. Reception closed pay phone in lobby out of order. Went all the way back to my room to call reception for help. The guy was clearly a sleep. Grumpy and unhelpful. Never saw anyone. Outragious. Could have missed my flight. Luckily my taxi then arrived. Won't risk this place again.

The bath

• Reviewed: March 7, 2018

Very worrying

Provision of a lift, or help available early morning

The room was very comfortable, staff polite and helpful. I was very disappointed that there was no lift for luggage as I had two cases, and one was very heavy. Help was available to get them upstairs but no help in the morning. A further problem.....I had asked for a morning call, I didn’t get one and missed my taxi.......panic stations!

• Reviewed: March 7, 2018

Not all it seems to be room wise.
    • 4-Poster Room

The room - four poster was very small compared to the photos - very misleading. Not enough wardroom space or areas for cases. Bathroom also very small - no facilities to place cosmetics. No arm chairs in room as shown on photograph. Room at the top of the main stairs could hear everyone coming up. I have paid less at lesser hotels and got a better result.

All very clean and polite staff

• Reviewed: March 5, 2018

Unique! Comfortable! Quiet! Did I say Unique? See Pictures.... well worth the money!!!

There wasn't a thing we didn't like!!!!! (Sorry, couldn't make pictures easier to see)

Where do you start.... Probably the most unique hotel we have ever stayed at. The history of the 1881 property was very interesting. Room #5 had some original antique decor, fabulous view of the grounds with a modern bathroom en suite. The restaurant food was fabulous with great service staff. Owner, Anthony, took time out of his day to give us a small tour and a bit more background of its history - what a special treat. Lobby fire place was warm and a great conversation area with other hotel guests.

• Reviewed: March 1, 2018

Ok for a few nights.
    • Classic Double Room

The location from Gatwick, WiFi did not work from our room, there was no reception.

The hotel looks beautiful inside and out, the receptionist was friendly and food was amazing.

• Reviewed: February 17, 2018

Far better than we had expected reading other reviews. Don't believe them. It is first class!

Nothing!!

Extensive grounds. A great setting.Lovely 4 poster bed. Left our car there for a fortnight, excellent rates. Had a superb breakfast. Staff, friendly, professional and thoughtful. Good base for a Gatwick flight. £10.00 taxi organised by reception. Will most definitely stay again.

• Reviewed: January 19, 2018

Spoilt by lack of sleep due to poor mattress
    • Classic Double Room

The mattress was awful with springs almost coming out we both a very bad nights sleep. Difficult to understand great location nice staff good food . Invest in decent mattresses for god sake.

• Reviewed: January 18, 2018

The setting is beautiful and the hotel entrance is very...
    • Classic Double Room

It was very cold, especially in the public areas. When I mentioned this to the reception staff they didn't seem too concerned. The en-suite wasn't as clean as it could have been.

The setting is beautiful and the hotel entrance is very grand. Food in patio bar was really nice and the staff were attentive and polite.

• Reviewed: November 24, 2017

Won't stay again !!!! Very disappointed for the price n standard of room
    • 4-Poster Room

Room thick dust n bed was about to collapse !!! Kettle held enough water for one person ! Receptionist was aweful n scruffy looking who lacked a smile !

Over priced for the whole hotel , room was filthy n bed falling apart receptionist had a face like a smacked arse n not very pleasant , bar staff lovely n couldn't fault our evening meal !

• Reviewed: November 20, 2017

Perfect for relaxation
    • Classic Double Room

Lovely property with lots of character set in its own grounds. So near to the airport and yet so quiet and tranquil. Great find at an excellent rate.

• Reviewed: November 9, 2017

Better than some of the modern chain hotels if you like individuality. The price was OK.

My tea at breakfast was not hot - switched to coffee which was very good. I arrived in time for the restaurant for an evening meal, but was advised it was closed. When I indicated the time, then it was opened for me, though I felt it was done so with some reluctance. The room though tranquil much of the night, was actually quite noisy when the early flights began so a peaceful start to the day was not to be had. The bathroom / shower would benefit from upgrading. It all worked but not very ergonomically.

I was happy to be in the countryside near to Gatwick, the room was peaceful most of the night and very spacious. The property has a relaxing atmosphere, the furnishings create a nice ambience, the gardens and surrounding space quite refreshing.

• Reviewed: November 6, 2017

We won’t go back.
    • Classic Twin Room

The bedroom was tired as was the bathroom. The room was cold when we arrived & cold when we left. The shower temperature was medium . The small shower at the end of the bath sprayed water everywhere! When opening the bathroom door from the inside you grazed your knuckles on the door frame.

The staff were friendly

• Reviewed: November 1, 2017

Parking free for all and terrible stay
    • Classic Twin Room

I have never experienced anything like the parking at this hotel. An absolute free for all with cars dumped in every nook and cranny while people were on holiday and no lighting to help navigate the "car parks" (I use the term lightlight as you are basically leaving your car in the bushes!!) When we arrived back it was covered in leaves and twigs and the hotel itself was awful. Took ages to find reception as the door was closed and no clear signage and the staff are clearly split between running the hotel and manning reception so we stood at the bar for 30 minutes waiting for someone to acknowledge us. Check in process was slow and they gave us a raffle ticket to hand in to get our car back (literally!!) Worst stay ever and an awful start to our holiday. Would not recommend to anyone.

Good location for Gatwick. Bed was comfy.

• Reviewed: October 31, 2017

A quirky hotel with character, great if you want something a little different
    • Classic Twin Room

A quirky hotel with character, not for you if you want everything brand new and seamless, but great if you want a relaxed base for exploring the surrounding area and want something a little different. The hotel is showing its age, but price was reasonable. Lovely gardens, intersting house! Great restaurant.

• Reviewed: October 30, 2017

Stunning place with stunning food
    • 4-Poster Room

Room quite small, unusual aroma from the bathroom sink initially but this disappeared during the stay. Wouldn’t have minded biscuits with the coffee in the room.

Beautiful building with quiet surroundings. Food was amazing, both breakfast and dinner. Staff very helpful.

• Reviewed: October 27, 2017

It 'ticked all my boxes' and I will stay there again.

Due to the 'low number' of guests staying, it lacked atmosphere ... 'no buzz'. This was my first stay, it was school holidays, and I may have just picked a quiet Week. In general the rooms were 'tired', and the TV a bit archaic!

I arrived on my pedal cycle, which was brought inside, and locked away for safe keeping in a meeting room. Staff were very helpful and understanding. The place is old and stately with a lot of original fittings. Had a good feel.

• Reviewed: October 3, 2017

This is a very quirky hotel, a little threadbare but staffed...
    • Classic Double Room

This is a very quirky hotel, a little threadbare but staffed by friendly & helpful people, although expect to carry your own bags upstairs. The food was extremely good. Plenty of parking.

• Reviewed: October 1, 2017

Beautiful with luxury

Drive way

The drive is very tight. So if two cars meet you can't pass each other. I had to reverse along a bendy road in pitch black and went over a large rock they had placed. Causing my car some damage. Over than that the place is a gorgeous hotel and a lovely place to stay.

• Reviewed: September 28, 2017

A total nightmare dirt with poor staffing
    • Classic Double Room

Bad beds springs in my ribs, extremely dirty rooms ,suite in fans and shower heads ,cobwebs and general tired worn decor, over prices poor quality food,including the worst breakfast you could imagine and dared to charge £16 for a kipper

The grounds

• Reviewed: September 15, 2017

A peaceful pocket of history with the grandeur of an elegant kindly lady

It was a breathtakingly beautiful period property with lots of incredibly interesting historical features and antique furniture. The staff were courteous and kind. It was an amazing place to stay.

• Reviewed: August 25, 2017

great for Gatwick, stunning grounds...but not the best nights sleep
    • Classic Double Room

pretty dated inside. First room we have the telly was on the wall in another room, so couldnt really see it, and the shower was broken, so pipping hot...the 2nd room we were given seemed nicer, but both beds were not that comfortable

Gorgeous location

• Reviewed: August 24, 2017

Not very nice.
    • 4-Poster Room

The staff were rude and un helpful...the service at dinner was dreadful they did not even know w the menu...the breakfast was cold and in my opinion dangerous as pork sausages stunk,,,,no temp probes in use....continental breakfast very sparse....the hotel just don't have enough staff.

The room and main house.

• Reviewed: August 2, 2017

Lovely grounds and some staff very rude!

Some members of staff were just rude! Looked down on me and my partner as we weren't dressed to impress, it appeared "if your face doesn't fit" then they won't even crack a smile! My money is just as good as anyone else's. The housekeepers could do a little more cleaning as they didn't seem to have hoovered in our room. The food weren't great, I ordered the steak and it was very chewy.

The room was of a good size, the grounds was lovely.

• Reviewed: July 25, 2017

Old world charm with a top French Chef
    • 4-Poster Room

Having to leave after only one night

The service was excellent as some of our luggage was taken upstairs to our room. The pleasant staff made it a joy to be a guest, my husband and I had the best ever meal in the restaurant, and also to mention that they kept the kitchen open as we arrived a little late. I would definitely recommend both the restaurant and accomodation.

• Reviewed: July 20, 2017

1 night stay fabulous will be going back.
    • Classic Double Room

10 o'clock vacation of the room. Bed needed new mattress as springs were showing.

The location is stunning pitty we only spent 1 night would have loved to go round the grounds. Ideal if you are flying from heathrow and leave your car in their carpark. Lots of trees so watch out for bird lime.

• Reviewed: July 16, 2017

This hotel is good and a fair price.
    • Classic Double Room

It's quite dated and tired but in fairness the price is more than reasonable. Unfortunately, i carried all my things up to the room I had been allocated, all the lights in the hallways were switched off which made it tricky to find and then the room was unchanged from the previous guest. It was soon remedied though and the staff were really helpful - just a genuine mistake.

Property looks wonderful from the outside and has a fairly grand hall and stairway.

• Reviewed: July 9, 2017

Not as good as the online pics show
    • Classic Double Room

The room hadn't been cleaned properly, there were wasabi peas all over the floor on one side of the bed, the mattress needed replacing ( a hard ridge just where I was laying) and the tea bags and cups looked mediocre. We have stayed in cheaper places that had really nice trays with welcome biscuits and a variety of teas. The reception staff seemed uninterested when told of the peas on the floor - no apology given!

Location fabulous and grounds beautiful

• Reviewed: July 5, 2017

Poor

The welcome and friendliness

The staff were unfriendly and the place seems to really only care for corporate and weddings. Fine for a stop over but wouldn't recommend it as a leisure stay as you spend half your time finding someone to help you and when you do you are treated like an inconvenience

• Reviewed: June 16, 2017

well worth a visit

The staff were polite and professional but not overly friendly. They dont really cater for children.

The hotel was great and we loved it, especially the four poster bed. Every thing was in good working order and the grounds were beautiful.

• Reviewed: June 11, 2017

Tranquile, relaxation with beautiful gardens!
    • 4-Poster Room

Four poster bed creaked each time you moved in it. The chair in the room was pretty but I would not recommend sitting in it.

The view at dinner and beautiful grounds.

• Reviewed: June 3, 2017

Country House Hotel Break
    • Classic Double Room

Not enough waiting staff present during breakfast & dinner. , only one overworked person .

Beautiful location , lovely old building , oldie worldly atmosphere.Helpfulil staff

• Reviewed: May 22, 2017

On arrival we were told the restaurant was full and could...
    • 4-Poster Room

On arrival we were told the restaurant was full and could eat in the bar. The bar has just 5 tables and a small menu but the food was good. After we ate we were asked to leave the bar as other people needed to sit down in order to eat. The lobby was already full so the barman suggested we sit in the only other place available....outside on the terrace at 9pm

• Reviewed: May 15, 2017

Disappointing.
    • Classic Twin Room

Our room was small and an odd L shape with odd furniture. It looked generally tired. Although the publicity said that Wi Fi was in every room this was not the case in Room 11. The parking area was not tarmac and the secondary car park in particular would be very muddy in wet weather. Cars were not parked in an organised manner. The food and drink in the bar was overpriced and not very substantial e.g. 6 scampi in one basket and a few chips in another garnished with some small salad bits - priced at around £14. Why do chefs think that if they pretentiously serve food in flashy little wire baskets and on wooden platters they can then charge more?

We had stayed here several times a few years ago and were looking forward to re- living excellent stays, but we were disappointed. The well kept grounds and the look of the building from the outside are superb. The staff in the bar were polite and friendly especially Luis from Venezuela.

• Reviewed: April 18, 2017

Pleasant enough...
    • 4-Poster Room

The building, although lovely from the outside, was a little dated and tired looking. The room on first impression was lovely, but then I started noticing little issues... flaking paint in places, an ill fitting shower screen which lead to a flooded bathroom, smell of drains after a shower, TV not working properly. The staff we met were really very nice, however they seemed a bit low in numbers, as I hardly saw anyone around after my initial check in.

The area was beautiful, and the grounds were very well kept. The initial view of the building as you drive up is very impressive.

• Reviewed: April 15, 2017

Ideal location.
    • Classic Double Room

Very quiet location and convenient for Gatwick Airport. Plenty of free parking on site. The room was very comfortable but can't comment on the catering as we ate out.

• Reviewed: April 10, 2017

Splendid, Sumptuous but spoilt by aircraft noise!

When booking I was assured that not on flight path. However there was very irritating aircraft noise shattering the peace frequently. Tiny bathroom and service was a bit slack. Several times I had to go to reception in order to be served.Food expensive and not great.

Views were outstanding. Classically romantic. Very classy decor in wonderful old English country style.

• Reviewed: April 6, 2017

good wifi
    • Classic Double Room

hard mattrass if you choose continental breakfast there was not much choice could be cleaner in places

good wifi beautiful, grand building and grounds. very quiet. very friendly and helpful staff dinner very good

• Reviewed: April 6, 2017

Lovely setting for a night away
    • Classic Double Room

We would have preferred a king size bed for extra comfort but we only booked for one night on a basic room level.

Lovely hot shower and towel rail for towels. Beautiful building and tasty breakfast. A shame we only stayed for one night!

• Reviewed: March 27, 2017

Terrible do not waste your money.
    • Classic Double Room

The staff are so rude the bed was so uncomfortable and the room was so dusty we were meant to stay 2 nights but only stayed 1 because it was horrid and my partner couldn't sleep

It's nice to go for a walk

• Reviewed: March 11, 2017

Nice short stay
    • Classic Double Room

Bad wifi and room looked a little bit tired.

Really nice looking place, room comfortable and really near Gatwick even if it doesn't feel like it. Only stayed for the night, didn't eat or had time to go to the bar.

• Reviewed: February 20, 2017

Lovely value for money pre-flight stay.

Bathrooms a little dated. Jucuzzi didn't work.

Second stay at the Stanhill Court. Great value for money. Lovely location to relax before a flight. Great food in the restaurant.

• Reviewed: January 26, 2017

Pleasant and comfortable.
    • Classic Double Room

Nat a major problem but the television in the room did not seem to be tuned to the Freesat channels and the duty manager did not seem to have any idea how to rectify the problem.

Very comfortable room and facilities. Staff very friendly and helpful. Food was good value and quality.

• Reviewed: January 26, 2017

Food was excellent, staff were friendly and very...
    • 4-Poster Room

After one night in room 7 I had to ask to change rooms because the bed squeaked,Immediately the they put me into another room and i then found out that all the other rooms are twice as big with an added Jacuzzi, rooms 4 and 5 are a good choice. and ring the hotel direct as it will be a lot cheaper.

Food was excellent, staff were friendly and very accommodating. the hotel and grounds took me back into time I loved every thing about it.

• Reviewed: January 5, 2017

The waiters/staff were attentive and friendly.
    • Classic Double Room

The shower was broken unfortunately and stayed on hot constantly, as it was before 7.30am (I had a flight to catch), no in-room phone, no duty receptionist I couldn't discuss it, luckily there was a bath. Wifi was very patchy, the modern amenities need updating.

The waiters/staff were attentive and friendly. Beautiful old building.

• Reviewed: December 27, 2016

Pleasant stay!
    • Classic Double Room

I contacted the hotel directly as I felt a few points needed attention like holes in the walls, handle off of window and laying on floor. Charged £20 per night for a camp bed which I thought was too much and a couple of other issues but they haven't bothered to even acknowledge my email.

• Reviewed: November 7, 2016

What a huge waste of such gorgeous estate and furnitures!
    • 4-Poster Room

Unefficient management, lack of staff, burnt out light bulbs, used glasses & plates and rubbish not cleared away here and there in the corridors over night and the biggest let down was our cold room with all the heaters turned off on a wintry day.

Gorgeous building and grand furnitures. The food was good.

• Reviewed: September 26, 2016

ok place .average stay
    • Classic Double Room

bathroom door latch catching fight to get out of bathroom. overpriced resturant with only one vegetarian choice so went elswhere to eat

general appearance and location of hotel

• Reviewed: September 6, 2016

Nice hotel but dreadful parking 'service' - such a let down.

On my return, our car had been parked in the middle of a load of trees, crammed in with other cars. Extremely hard to get it out in the dark - the last thing I wanted after a long journey home from holiday. Very disappointed.

Nice meal on the night before we flew out.

• Reviewed: August 1, 2016

A charming hotel in need of maintenance.

Reception in a cupboard like space allowing only one person to approach at a time. 2 very large function/meeting rooms but bar area and restaurant comparatively small. The furniture in our room was tired and in need of attention. The wardrobe doors would not open on one side as the catch was bent. The arm of the chair in front of the bureau came away in my hand when I attempted to move it. The worst thing though, was the bed. It creaked noisily with the slightest movement in any direction. It was loud enough to make sleeping uncomfortable. I imagine the people in the next room supposed we were having far more fun than we actually were! I inspected the bed the next morning and found that the rails were separating from the legs, causing the whole bed to move and creak. The mattress wasn't the best either. Overall the hotel and room were visually pleasant but not particularly comfortable. For the money, I have stayed in better. Having said that, it's not the worst hotel in the world and maybe other rooms are of a better standard. As a footnote, I initially drove to the wrong hotel, the Russ Hill hotel, I actually got as far as reception, with mounting horror, before realising my error. That place should be bulldozed!

Good looking building in pleasant, quiet setting. Olde worlds charm inside with grand staircase leading to galleried landing. Various antiques dotted around. Spacious high ceilinged bedroom with 4 poster, chaise longue, bureau and chairs. Convenient location, but you would not know you were so close to Gatwick or Crawley.

• Reviewed: June 26, 2018

Enjoyed.

The dust around the bed. The leaky toilet.

The gardens.the room was lovely..

• Reviewed: May 21, 2018

will be back again.
    • Classic Double Room

the mattresses were not that comfy.

lovely grounds & rooms.

• Reviewed: May 11, 2018

Fine
    • Classic Double Room

Very noisy peoe in room next door kept us awake all night!

• Reviewed: May 7, 2018

Good

Directions to the rooms

All round a very good hotel with friendly staff.

• Reviewed: May 2, 2018

Beautiful grounds. Comfy room. Unfortunately, due to time, I was unable to dine at the restaurant
    • Classic Double Room

Shame there were no bedrooms on the ground floor, and no shuttle

The bed was very comfortable, and I was able to get a good night's sleep.

• Reviewed: April 26, 2018

Very enjoyable and the room was great too.

To close to Russ hill.

Very good experience

• Reviewed: April 26, 2018

Exceedingly comfortable bed, lovely location.
    • Classic Double Room

Exceedingly comfortable bed, lovely location.

• Reviewed: April 26, 2018

Nice place lovely garden etc
    • Classic Double Room

Tv in room not working but they changed it

Cafe staff very good and food OK.