Reviews of Stansted Airport Lodge 2 stars

• Reviewed: 22 October 2018

5.5
    the stay was ok
    • Double Room with 8 Days Parking

staff to give more info that is correct. a card with number on and told to phone when you get back and explain where to go to be picked up and somebody answering the phones would be very helpful. do something about all that and it would be a very nice hotel for flight stopovers

very nice, clean hotel. we booked a double room, when we arrived it was single which they changed. when we got in no towels they bought up later. shower gels in the room had been used !! so I don't think the room had been cleaned. they asked our time of arrival to come back which we gave all info and booked a shuttle for our return flight. they didn't come we kept ringing them and getting answer phone when we did get them over an hour later we were told we hadent arranged it and we had to walk to another hotel to be picked up which took another 1/2 hour for them to come. we got back to the hotel to get our car when we should have arrived home 2 hous later. we were not impressed which was sad as it was a very nice hotel but don't expect to see any staff around in the morning. and very noisy above reception at night.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2018

The gentleman on reception was very friendly and helpful,...

It was a good 10 minute drive from the airport not as close as the name suggests. The room was absolutely freezing, and the breakfast room the following day was the same. The walls were paper thin so we had to listen to the lad in the room next to us talking on his phone until 1 in the morning! Breakfast was ok on the continental side but a hot option would be expected as well. All In all was not a pleasant stay which is unfortunate as we were exhausted and if anything felt worse the next day.

The gentleman on reception was very friendly and helpful, and the place itself looked amazing with its big glass doors and decor.

• Reviewed: 21 October 2018

Proximity to airport

Rude attendant. I asked for a small quiet room. He gave me a 'large executive' room right on a very busy loud road. He appeared to not like Americans.

Proximity to airport

• Reviewed: 17 October 2018

Never ever again would we use this "establishment" EVER
    • Executive Double En Suite Room

No hot water for a shower, tv not working, no coffee for breakfast, no light in the "breakfast room" pre booked hotel taxi was later and we had to call them, and no staff on reception and only two telephone numbers to call in case of a problem...plus a fire alrame with a member of staff being abusive saying " I know you were smoking" we had not

Nothing apart from the one member of staff who tried to mame our stay work

• Reviewed: 16 October 2018

Not an experience we would ever want to repeat.

We are an elderly couple, 74 and 80, and this is not the kind of treatment we would expect from anywhere. Clearly there is a training issue and a lack of care demonstrated by the member of staff concerned. The following day we met with a different member of staff who was appalled at the way were treated, and said he lived on site and if the night person had informed him, he would have come out to address the problem. We were given the opportunity to speak with the owner I the phone, a Mr Hussein, who at first offered us a 30% refund, but when my husband said no, he increased his offer to 50%. However given the dreadful experience we had, the 50% seems paltry. Suffice to say we would never stay there again ,nor would we recommend the hotel in any way. Having said that, we found the lad who,lived on site and worked the day shift to be extremely helpful and understanding. Gloria and Barry Flynn

I was told that there was a shuttle service from the airport to the hotel when I made the booking, I informed the person that my flight arrived at midnight and therefore the shuttle would be required at least half an hour after that. I was to phone as soon as we arrived at the airport. When I did, I was told it was too late and I would have to arrange my own taxi. When we eventually arrived at the hotel, we picked up the keys left in reception for us and went to the room. We made a drink, only to find there were just two sachets of milk. After about half an hour of going to bed we were aware of an horrendous noise coming from the boiler located outside our room. This noise was extremely loud and was intermittent ever 5 seconds or so and represented the sound of a machine gun. My husband looked at the boiler and could see that the needle had crept up to the red area, denoting there was a serious problem. We phoned the hotel number and spoke to a member of staff and I held the phone up to the boiler so he could hear the noise. He said he would contact the owner. However he clearly didn't, because no one phoned back nor did anyone come out. By this time it was 2.30 am and we were very tired, we made various attempts at going to sleep, but to no avail. We phoned again, and all told we made about six calls, but clearly the member of staff didn't know what to do or didn't wantbto know. Around 4 am the staff member told my husband to go to reception and he would give him the code to get into the key cupboard and to locate a key to room no 10. However there was a couple sat in reception who were catching an early flight, and they said that key no 10 was their key and they had just vacated the room, therefore there was no clean bedding or towels. My husband told the member of staff that the room wasn't clean, to which he said, well that's all I can do. We returned to the room and being so exhausted we managed to fall asleep around 5am.

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

Not very nice
    • Executive Double En Suite Room

The room was dirty, bugs on the wall, one light didn't work , no restaurant or cafe just a very tired lodge Was asked about booking time and when we got there was not allowed to book in until 3 pm no breakfast was offered because we check out early.

Off road parking

• Reviewed: 13 October 2018

Basic but clean and comfortable for one night stay.
    • Executive Double En Suite Room

Double room but only one hardback chair and no glasses in bathroom.

Basic but clean and comfortable for one night stay. Very near airport and easy access for road home after holiday late return flight.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Suitable accommodation
    • Executive Double En Suite Room

The bed was a tad uncomfortable due to the mattress being hard.

Clean, quite location, and nice little pub 5 minutes down the road. Suitable accommodation for a one night stay for those travelling to Stansted airport.

• Reviewed: 11 October 2018

Avoid
    • Executive Double En Suite Room

Almost everything is wrong about this hotel. The receptionist was very unpleasant and disorganised and using innappropriate language throughout the checking-in process. Later, from our room, we heard him being quite abusive to a young foreign couple who insisted they had a reservation and trying to show it on their smartphone. "Leeave, just leave" was the response they got - and this was at almost midnight too. Breakfast was a joke, there's no other way to describe it!

Very little

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

The room was very comfortable.
    • Executive Single Room

My towel was on my bed and it was wet when I arrived.

The room was very comfortable. They left a key at reception for me as I got there very late. Very trusting.

• Reviewed: 10 October 2018

4.5
    A necessary inconvenience.
    • Executive Single Room

The towel provided was very small and thin. There was a sour smell in the room - perhaps from the days when smoking was allowed. The other guests were EXTREMELY noisy until well into the next morning. I had understood that there was a shuttle bus from and to the airport. However I had a very early flight and the shuttle bus did not operate until later. This is not made clear in the hotel information.

The receptionist was friendly and helpful.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

For an early flight at nearby (5 mins) Stansted Airport excellent value for money.
    • Executive Double En Suite Room

1 coffee sachet and a couple of tea bags, and a couple of those little individual milk thingies not really enough for a double room. We had to leave too early for breakfast so I would have appreciated a little more in the tea/coffee making dept.

Great location, friendly staff. Basic but comfortable. Worth the money for the extra couple of hours in bed it bought us before an early flight.

• Reviewed: 9 October 2018

Even if the description states that there is the shuttle...

Even if the description states that there is the shuttle service for the airport, this service is not offered from the hotel. We had to arrange on our own thw transfer to the ariport. The staff did not help us on this and we almost lost our flight.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Very disappointed and would definitely not recommend this property to future clients.
    • Executive Single Room

Extremely poor level of customer service. Reception unmanned when staff should have been present. Breakfast not available as advertised. No shutt,le service even though booking was confirmed with reception staff tbe night before.

• Reviewed: 8 October 2018

Worst ever (and I have travelled a lot!!!!

service very bad!! Booked a 10 Pound shuttle for my morning flight at 7 and payed in advance. No shuttle showed up. 2o minutes later a taxi came but said it was not pre-paid. Had to pay another 17,50 Pounds. Called the phone number given and first call just got answer shuttle is at airport and will come later. Then tried to call several times as I was becoming seriously worried that we would make our flight. Called 5 times but they just han up without given any answer?????. No staff present during all morning. Almost missed our plane because of this. Don't stay here!!

• Reviewed: 7 October 2018

Very poor
    • Executive Single Room

Also had to go and seek staff when you wanted anything no one on reception

There was was nobody to see about breakfast ordered a pizza and it was very expensive £18

• Reviewed: 5 October 2018

A lovely change to stay somewhere with a personal touch, instead of a faceless commercial hotel.
    • Executive Double En Suite Room

The guy behind the desk, sorry I didn't catch his name was amazingly helpful, friendly and professional. He made every effort to make my stay here an enjoyable and comfortable one, the breakfast was excellent with good quality food. I will certainly be staying here again and recommending the place to friends and colleagues.

• Reviewed: 4 October 2018

The manager was available to help but not professional in...
    • Executive Single Room

The stairs very dirty. The bathroom with many hair everywhere, the sink and toilet uncleaned. The mattress very uncorfortable. The manager promised to knock my door early in the morning for my flight but it was not. He was not in place when I left the lodge, I call a number placed on the desk, but a voice told me he could not help me. I am disabled, so I had to ask the taximan to collect my suitcase and rollator upstairs. Not remembering the room number, I had to climb again the stairs...very bad experience. The manager during the check in in front of clients said continuosly...my God, another client is coming, another taxi...In the past I worked as hotel manager...sorry for this bad, sad report, never I write reviews

The manager was available to help but not professional in his approach The only positive thing is the hall

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Pleased i was only staying the one night
    • Executive Double En Suite Room

ROOM waste bin was full, only 1 sachet of coffee no milk no tea spoon no glass ,cobwebs in clothes hanging area , carpet on stairs not hoovered Breakfast room dim and cold ,no butter or margarine the 1 used tub in the fridge was empty apart from crumbs were it had been used yuck ,Has 1 cleaner for 4hrs. poor cleaner not enough time to clean for amount of rooms no spare toilet roll no complimentary toiletries or towels.OWNER is a 1 man band putting profit before guests needs and expectations says he works 20hrs a day If you needed him you had to get his phone number of the reception desk and call him .he was short of milk and coffee as a delivery hadn't turned up not what a guest wants to hear he managed to find 3 more sachets of coffee out of a mucky box at the reception A fail in my eyes I'm not sure the bed had been changed wouldn't use again below basic standards very disappointed .It is a great shame as the building is lovely

the building was modern .good size room ,the owner was nice very chatty about how old he was and it all belonged to him ,bathroom was nice

• Reviewed: 3 October 2018

Some aspects ok but overall hotel needs updating before providing value for money.
    • Executive Single Room

Reception staff not always available. Shower mouldy and not working. Breakfast room cold, uninviting, chairs on tables. Coffee machine not working. Staff unable to sort it as didn't speak any English..

clean comfortable beds. warm room

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

Two nights at the Stansted airport Lodge
    • Executive Double En Suite Room

Not close to a railway. Bus service to village minimal. Reliant on Taxi to Airport. Standard rate £17.50 per taxi. When getting bus from airport make sure you specify Stansted Airport Lodge..on Takeley Street. It is a good 5 miles up.

Lovely accommodation and breakfast. Helpful staff. Pub meal down road was homely.

• Reviewed: 2 October 2018

If we stay again I will just ask NOT to go in ROOM 6
    • Executive Double En Suite Room

Avoid ROOM 6 . The bathroom had an awful smell. !! When you sat on the toilet it moved . The wall paper isn't welcoming it needs to be more bright and light. TV came on it's self at 3am and woke us up !

Comfy bed and pillows . Plenty of room in the bedroom.

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

Totally unreliable taxi bookings made by staff !!
    • Executive Single Room

My taxi to take me to the airport at 4.45am + booked by the evening receptionist (he said price of one taxi was included in room price ??) did not turn up + neither the taxis for guests who had booked times before + after me - so the morning receptionist took me + 2 guests to the airport at 5am+ charged us £10 each - it stinks of a scam - will never stay at this place again !!!

• Reviewed: 1 October 2018

• Executive Double En Suite Room

Staff were rude. Room was inadequate was not what I requested when i asked about this the gentlemen had taken it apon himself to ignor my request attached with the booking and said if you dont like it go elsewhere. Very patronising and unprofessional. Room was not clean. Not enough towels in the room. No shower Matt. Shower door missing. Hair in the bathroom photos attached.

• Reviewed: 30 September 2018

Stansted Airport Lodge, Tateley
    • Executive Single Room

TV not working in my room, despite attempts of concierge the TV refused to cooperate.....

Location, quietness, reachability, breakfast open since 4AM.

• Reviewed: 27 September 2018

Airport lodge
    • Executive Single Room

Had no idea taxi to the airport from the hotel costs £18! Shuttle from the airport to the hotel £10! Add room costs to it and it totally defies the purpose of booking the hotel for the early flight! For the money I paid I could have booked more expensive flight from the airport near me!! Very basic hotel no hairdryer available:( bathroom was freezing cold in the morning with no heating and bad smell. will not book again. There was a strange ticking noise from one of the flickering lights on the corridor outside my room all night.

Lady on the reception was great :) Seemed clean enough.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

Good place ruined by utterly irresponsible managment.

On day of check in, I had booked a shuttle for going to airport at 0830 the next day. I was assured shuttle will arrive. To my horror, not only was there no sign of shuttle, there was no one at reception as well. Other guests are also searching for receptionist. A kind workman, doing pairing in garage helped me by calling a cab. But for him I would have missed the flight. Such lack of responsibility is unimaginable. In breakfast, clean dishes were not available. No body was there to attend guests. Again a horrible management of the place.

Spacious room.

• Reviewed: 26 September 2018

I showed up at 2am after a delayed flight and was afraid I...
    • Executive Single Room

I showed up at 2am after a delayed flight and was afraid I wouldn't be able to get into my room but they had left the key out for me. That was a huge relief. I thought I was going to end up sleeping in someone's backyard so that was a pleasant surprise!

• Reviewed: 23 September 2018

It was fine, comfortable for an overnight stay when travelling to or from the Airport .
    • Double Room with 8 Days Parking

We had a lot of traffic noise from the main road . Other travellers coming from the airport kept us awake as they were just outside our front window. Breakfast was ok . very basic

The bed & pillows were fine in Room 24 . The bathroom was clean and a good size. It was fine for an overnight stay.

• Reviewed: 22 September 2018

Happy customers
    • Executive Double En Suite Room

There was no butter for the toaste lol

5 mins from the airport can't get any better for price staff where soo friendly couldn't do enough for us very happy

• Reviewed: 21 September 2018

It was a miserable experience.
    • Executive Double En Suite Room

Room fronted a busy street & was quite noisy. Could not sleep because of constant traffic, people checking in & out, passing cars & bright lights. It was very hot even with the Windows open. When I booked the room I asked if there was a shuttle available to take me to the airport. No one ever responded to me. I ended up having to pay an additional £10 for a shuttle, arranged by the Lodge. The driver showed up at 3:30 am, a half hour earlier than expected & insisted that we had to leave immediately because he had other people to pick up later. Therefore, I had no breakfast. Wifi was only available in lobby & breakfast area, not in rooms. One of the employees kept smoking outside the lobby with doors wide open while I tried to use wifi. The smoke was very annoying. This same employee told me an information sheet was in my room that would answer all my questions but there was no such sheet. He was not helpful & could not be bothered to answer my basic questions.

It was close to Stansted airport.

• Reviewed: 20 September 2018

Rubbish , would not recommend to a stray dog or homeless person!!!
    • Executive Double En Suite Room

Rude staff !,, No breakfast, was delayed from Denmark , called and explained this to the hotel, was assured there would be someone to check us in, and could pick us up from stansted, this was a joke, had to get a taxi, and there was no one at reception, eventually someone came, who was the rudest person I met in my like, would not let a stray dog stay here!,

There was nothing to like, the rudest staff ever, they should no5 be in business !!!

basic, clean and comfortable.
    • Executive Single Room

The "shuttle" is a cab driver, although cheaper than ordering an uber he wasn't very pleasant and I had to wait outside a hotel with no instruction to who was collecting me and which vehicle they would be in, the 5-10 minute wait was definitely more like 30 mins. There are no ubers around the area for early hour flights and nobody on the front desk. Cab numbers are on the wall and local cabs will charge around £15 to take you. There is nothing around the area, no dinner is provided so grab something before going to the lodge.

The room was clean and spacious- the man on the front desk was welcoming and helpful.

Not happy
    • Executive Double En Suite Room

When we went to breakfast there was no butter for the toast just an empty tub, then when going back to the room my partner twisted her ankle as the was three steps leaving the building one very large and no lights, this was 330am so dark, when I spoke to them gentlemen on the desk, his response was “what do you want me to do” no even a sorry or is your partner ok and did not ask to fill the accident book out, not impressed just given a number for the boss .

Perfect Night stay next to the airport.
    • Executive Double En Suite Room

There was a strong damp smell in the toilette. But the room and toilete was clean. I didn’t really like decor, the wall paper was outdated, and the zebra cover on the bed looked old and warn out.

We had a late flight coming in from Italy and we needed a place to stay before driving back to Nottingham in the morning. Stansted lodge was close and good money for one night.

Awful stay.
    • Executive Single Room

Awful stay. I woke up to a flooded bathroom, the plumbing to the sink was rubbish. When I went down to reception to report the issue there was nobody there. There still was nobody at reception after waiting half an hour. There were a few others needed help also. Breakfast was appalling. No cutlery, no cereal and also no one around to assist.

Great location just to get your head down when you have an early flight booked.
    • Executive Single Room

When trying to sleep the main door to tne block of rooms when opened rattles the door to your room. This noise is very annoying Breakfast didn’t look appetising. In fact I wasn’t sure if I should walk in tne room or not because it looked half set up at 4am. But I was told that’s when it started. The young lad on reception was extremley stressed out to be at work when he needed to be with his sister who was in labour and having some difficulties with some bookings was the last thing he needed. He was apologetic and it added to the comedy atmosphere when I walked in. It was like a scene from Faulty Towers

Location in good spot. Room clean and comfy.

We only really had a short stay but with car parking include it suited our needs.
    • Executive Double En Suite Room

The hotel offers transfers to Stansted Airport, we were quite dismayed to be charged £17 by the taxi driver on our departure, but nothing on our return I cant help feeling 'ripped off' at 3am!

Over night stay
    • Executive Double En Suite Room

Hot water ran out in shower. Some building work being done, so for weekday resident's may be a bit of a nuisance.

All was ok very clean, staff that I saw was very friendly.

The friendly and very helpful receptionists
    • Executive Double En Suite Room

Breakfast staff member rude by ignoring us Floor dirty in dining room

The friendly and very helpful receptionists Comfortable bed Lovely shower room Nice view of farmland

Cheap and cheerful
    • Executive Single Room

The hair dryer was in reception. I had to dry my hair using the plug in reception! The blurp said there was a hair dryer provided .... this was crazy!!! I arrived late at night and there was nobody at reception to ask for the hair dryer. Nobody in reception early morning so had to wait to dry my hair ... not good.

The bus stop back to the airport was very near by.

Despite contacting the hotel to confirm the arrangements,...
    • Executive Double En Suite Room

Despite contacting the hotel to confirm the arrangements, they did not book us a room overnight, leaving us stranded and needing to pay twice for a pricey taxi. The desk staff basically told us we were out of luck and asked which number we had called to book the hotel. When I told him, he mentioned I had spoken to "Desalis" and implied they had done this before. He then excused himself to finish his shift duties.

No frills accommodation
    • Executive Single Room

No frills accommodation Friendly staff. If you don't go by car save yourself and get the bus to the airport from bus stop just a few meters away from the accommodation.

The renovated building is great!
    • Executive Single Room

The renovated building is great! Off the main road & euro-chic. The older building is in need of a refresh. The cheaper price reflects the age but it needs some work. Good location & once the restaurant is ready will be extra good!

Bad value for money
    • Executive Double En Suite Room

Stayed one night to catch an early flight. I was told the hotel had a free of charge shuttle whilst i had to pay £10 for the transfer airport to hotel. The lady at the check-in told me that their website the shuttle charge is clearly stated which then I've checked and is not. My room lacked of essential items such as rubbish bin, additional towel. Telly not set for dtv and pin-protected so couldn't watch anything. Free wifi not offered: no SSID and no mention during check-in. Overall i've paid £65 +£10 (shuttle) + £17.5 (taxi to bring me back to Stansted) = £92.5 which is what i'd have paid for a stay in one of the hotels attached to the airport. So a bad value for money!

Room recently refurbished and reasonably cleaned

DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY
    • Executive Double En Suite Room

There was nobody on reception when we arrived so we had to phone and got our key from a safe. The room was stark with no furniture except 2 kitchen chairs and the bed.the surfaces were kitchen worktop. The pillows, just 1 each , were really hard. The mattress collapsed on the edge when sat on. The reception was open in the morning with the rudest man who grunted when asked where the breakfast room was. The breakfast was awful no butter for the bread which we were told was finished. 1 slice of ham 2 of cheese and a couple of other cold meats and no knives. All in all a really bad experience not up to booking .com's usual standard keep clear don't waste you money

The bathroom was clean

Our stay at Stansted
    • Executive Double En Suite Room

Not 5 star, but got what we needed- a base to stay - quite adequate.

The price was right, near Stansted. So good value. Breakfast included was adequate

I will go again!
    • Executive Single Room

The receptionist has been very polite, arranged the taxi for me first in the morning and the breakfast at 5.30 am as I requested! The room was big and perfectly clean

It was only ok.
    • Executive Double En Suite Room

The breakfast was very basic not.much choice.we had to ask for cutlery!. The rooms weren't very clean, the toilet needed bleaching!!!

The staff were very helpful

• Reviewed: 8 September 2018

Location was good for the airport.
    • Executive Double En Suite Room

I didn't like that there was no curtain or blind at the bathroom window and when we got to breakfast about 8.45 there was hardly anything left. I would have thought they would have replenished stocks.

Location was good for the airport. The bus to the airport was only £1.50 each and bus stop very near. The room was very nice. Staff friendly and helpful.

Clean and quiet.
    • Executive Single Room

3 burnt out lights in the room, uncomfortable bed, not as close to the airport as I would have liked.

Clean and quiet. Friendly morning reception, booked me a taxi easily.

Very pleasant and if I was going that way again I would definitely stay there.

Nothing springs to mind

The continental breakfast was very good, but there was lack of cutlery and nobody to ask for more. The parking was good and the receptionist recommended the Green Man just down the road which was excellent.

Uncomfortable and with costly transfer from the airport
    • Executive Double En Suite Room

I chose this hotel as it was a little cheaper than hotels right at the airport and only 5 minutes away. However it cost £17 for the taxi journey each way negating any saving. The receptionist said there was a shuttle service which was cheaper which we didn't see so we asked to book it for the return trip to the airport. Sadly it didn't start until 9 and our flight was at 7. The hotel itself was rather shabby with odd murals everywhere, a loose banister and a tap loosely connected to the sink. The bed was monumentally uncomfortable with rock hard pillows and the tea and milk supplies were missing. The staff did sort out the pillows and tea stuff facilities but it was not impressive.

The continental breakfast was available in the early morning when required.

• Reviewed: 1 September 2018

Ok for the price
    • Executive Double En Suite Room

An odd place, no staff to greet us. A phone and a number to call at reception which guided us to a safe to collect the key. Only when we were leaving did we actually see someone at reception! The bed was extremely noisy!

Value for money and location is great. Good pub food 5 mins walk away. Bring water and provisions as the nearest shop is a mile away.

Decent room
    • Executive Single Room

Extremely rude staff. No lift so you have to climb stairs carrying your luggage. No internet in the room. When they claim they offer transfer to the airport that’s a lie. You are better off with one of the most expensive hotels closer to the airport that have regular free transportation from and to the airport. It will cost less...

Decent room

• Reviewed: 25 August 2018

Breakfast is available from 3am!
    • Executive Single Room

The price of the taxi (not necessarily the hotel's fault but something to be aware of) I was charged £17.50 by the driver for a less than 2 mile trip!!! Also the wifi didn't work and it wasn't a power shower.. if that bothers you

Breakfast is available from 3am!!!

• Reviewed: 24 August 2018

Bad experience. I had to sleep on the sofa because the staff forgot to leave me the keys.
    • Executive Single Room

The staff didn't leave me the keys when I arrived (it was 2 a.m, but I booked with them many times and the previous time they left me the keys even though I arrived late). I had no choice but to sleep on the sofa at the reception. I still haven't been refunded for the money I spent!! When I spoke to the receptionist the next morning, she thought there was no reservation. When I gave her my details she realized my reservation was in the system but they had forgotten to leave my keys!! An awful experience!!

• Reviewed: 18 August 2018

It was a short stay but nice.
    • Executive Single Room

There was no wake up call service .

The staff were very friendly and there was an airport shuttle to get me to the lodge. However, they could not provide me with the shuttle early in the morning. Still they made sure I got a taxi which cost about £ 17.50p. You can even order food which is delivered to you at the lodge.

Comfortably enjoyable

This is my second time using Stansted Airport Lodge my husband and I there overnight in May this time my adult son and I enroute to Italy next orn when taxi picked us up at 3.30am....staff friendly... Place spotless... Location to Stansted Airport very good.... Continental breakfast and times available excellent though toaster had not worked... Overall very good indeed

Make sure if you need to use the shuttle that it runs at the hours you need it.
    • Executive Single Room

I booked this particular lodge because they say they offer an airport shuttle. Because I was travelling alone, early (had to be at the airport at 6 in the morning) yet still on a tight budget, I wanted to keep it as simple and cheap as possible. So I paid somewhat more for the night than I could have at other places that did not offer an airport shuttle. When I booked the room, I wrote a message saying that I would need to book the airport shuttle. I did not receive any reply to that message (which I wasn´t expecting at the time - in retrospect they should have). When I arrived I learned that they indeed did offer an airport shuttle, but not until 7 - which I would say is key information. That arrangement is also particularly strange, considering that the buses start running at 7 - so I - on top of what I had paid additionally for a lodge with an airport shuttle - had to pay extortionate 14 pounds for a taxi (for this distance I would normally pay 7-8 quid in the UK). I am obviously not happy with being fooled into booking that room, and if you don´t offer an airport shuttle at certain hours, that needs to be clear! On top of that, there was an incredibly funky smell in the bathroom that they might want to have a look at - I had to keep the bathroom door closed due to the foul smell.

The lodge is fairly close to the airport. The house itself, and the room was neat. I was surprised by the size of the room and bathroom, and was pleasantly surprised to learn that there was breakfast (toast and yogurt in a room with no staff, but was obviously better than nothing) from 3 o´clock - which was a big plus!

Location and easy commute great staff
    • Executive Double En Suite Room

I was told my son would have to pay when he arrived , he was told the room had been paid for . Room smelt stale breakfast was shocking no evening meal available and recommend pub was closed

Location and easy commute great staff

There was room confusion when we arrived at midnight
    • Executive Double En Suite Room

Breakfast! Decent coffee not a lot to ask......! Breakfast a little too basic for the cost of the room...

There was room confusion when we arrived at midnight Room clean, staff nice Breakfast poor

Room comfortable, good tea and coffee.
    • Executive Single Room

The noise, bedsheets looked like they had not been changed , just straightened out.. bottom sheet crumpled and not made, full of crumbs and dark hair. Went for breakfast 7.30 hardly any bread, meats, old fruit. Tea cups were filthy some had mould in

Room comfortable, good tea and coffee.

I enjoyed my visit as it suited my needs at the time.

On my visit there was no person at reception when I arrived, yet a sign stated people were on duty from 1800hrs onward. The wifi was not working properly, not a big issue just a point to mention.

I was able to obtain a continental breakfast from 0300hrs in the morning as I had to be at the airport for 0500hrs. The hotel is near to the airport. The hotel does have shuttle service but not for an early start like I had.

non good
    • Executive Single Room

Room has some dust, no toothpaste, only one little gel-shower bag for the shower, no hand soup, only one little wet towel for the shower, water in the morning almost cold(at least is being a warm summer) from the shower, impossible to connect to the WIFI connection inside the room, the receptionist told me there was an instruction book in the room but I didn't find it. Breakfast runs from 3-9am and I went at 8 am and wasn't too much left, understandable for that time but juices jags, fridges and more looked dirty and non care. Waiting for a taxi in the reception and the receptionist disappear then non service and possibility to contact nobody in case of any problem or doubt at that time, I left the B&B leaving the keys in the reception desk, that was my check out. Before I left there was a group of German's non English speakers and I needed to phone a taxi for them to bring them to London as nobody was there for help. The hotel should give me back the money and pay me some money as I was doing their job.

A taxi brought me from the airport to the hotel and they made me an offer of 6 pounds and I paid for the same distance 14 pounds on the way back, but I needed to wait like 30 minutes for the taxi at the airport.

shuttle bus picked me up which is not free !
    • Executive Single Room

shuttle bus picked me up which is not free !!! and after over an hour couldn't get to my room as there were no receptionist and the driver couldn't contact her! i won't go back !

Close to airport, self service breakfast available from 3am. Room was clean and basic.
    • Executive Double En Suite Room

The property lacks presentation which is a pity as the staff were friendly and welcoming.

Receptionist and what I think were other staff had a great sense of humour. This is not your typical lodge/hotel, it's one with a twist and that's what I liked about it.

• Reviewed: 27 July 2018

5.5
    Basic and convenient but efficiency needed in booking taxi to airport.
    • Executive Single Room

At check in I requested a taxi to airport early next morning but it never came. I managed to share taxi with another guest leaving 15 minutes later.

Convenient and modern.

Flight from Stansted
    • Executive Single Room

Bathroom had some long black hairs Shower was pretty cold shower plug blocked and drained very slowly

Close to Stansted Continental breakfast provided from 3am.

kinda ok if one night stay
    • Executive Single Room

No WiFi. No onsite restaurant.

Good location. No onsite restaurant.Cold breakfast.No WiFi. Expensive taxi services.Good cooperative staff, but had to leave the keys on foyer on departure as there was no staff at front desk. Initial room i got had a lock that was not working and they upgraded me to a better room.No telephone in the rooms.

When booking the photos on the Internet give a good impression. In reality it was mixed.
    • Executive Single Room

My colleague had a double room and found dusty areas and on ledges, also some hairs in the bed. She felt it had not been changed. She would not eat breakfast due to dry white bread. The Travel Lodge needs more supervision on cleaning and turning round the rooms.

I found my single room to be clean and reasonably comfortable. I found Continental Breakfast was ok and brown bread fresh

Good impression
    • Executive Single Room

I didn't have breakfast there because I have to go in the morning early. I think was good to have some food to take way.TV didn't work very good and I had access to WiFi but I didn't get use no to strong.

I liked there because was cleaning, comfortable, quiet, very good service collect me from airport and in the morning dropped me to airport and cheap.

It was very cozy and only 5min away from the airport.

Breakfast was very sober, not much to do in the neighborhood and it’s a little expensive for what it is. Shaving my legs in the shower was mission impossible because it was to small.

It was very cozy and only 5min away from the airport.( costs with uber: £10) we used 2 rooms because we bookes an extra night. The first room was very cute and cozy and tv quality was good. 2nd room was a bit bigger.

They moved us to another hotel than I had booked & did...
    • Executive Double En Suite Room

They moved us to another hotel than I had booked & did not inform me of this, when they transferred me and my son to their other hotel , the receptionist spoke very little English and seemed to not be aware that I had already paid for a room & breakfast or that I did not need to pay for the transfer from the other hotel. Upon arrival to the hotel , met by staff member from the on site restaurant standing by the door smoking. The room I booked was described as Executive with large on suite bathroom, which was not the case , it was a very compact room with a double bed and required you to open the door against the side of the bed! Shower was barely a spray.

Good for a one short stay.
    • Executive Double En Suite Room

Please provide a bin and milk (tea and coffee facilities already provided just no milk). Your local shop is a fair walk. Front of house staff may need a little reminder about customer communication. Felt like they was only there to check us in. Felt like a bit of a burden when asking for local information.

Really handy if you're using the airport. Little pub only 5 to 10 mins walk away. Really easy to find. Room very clean and well presented.

Browse Stansted Airport Lodge traveller photo gallery